PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead: Division and Playoffs Tracker

brncs_fan
11-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Currently the Broncos sit at 7-3 with 6 games remaining: (*games in progress)

@KC (1-9)
Tampa (6-4)
@Oakland (3-7)
@ Baltimore (8-2)
Cleveland (2-8)
KC (1-9)

Two wins essentially assures us the division, which should not be hard to get with four games against sub .500 teams looming. Looking ahead to the playoff then we currently sit in fourth place out of six teams:

1. Houston (9-1)
2. Baltimore (8-2)
3. New England (7-3)
4. Denver (7-3)
5. Pittsburgh (6-4)
6. Indianapolis (6-4)

I feel pretty confident that the teams currently ranked 1-4 will all make the playoffs in some manner. 5 & 6 could change over the remaining 6 games. The goal for Denver at this point is obviously to elevate their seeding to ensure home games and a bye week. But that could be a tall order.

Houston is essentially 4 games ahead of Denver with them holding the tie breaker based on head-to-head. So while it is not mathematically impossible for us to overtake Houston it is not a likely outcome for us. But with 4 of their final 6 games on the road they could slide a pot or two.

Where it gets interesting for us is in the coming weeks. Houston actually has to travel to New England (12/10) for a Monday Night showdown. Assuming no losses for each tram until that game a win for the Pats makes it that much harder for us to climb up the seeding. The following week (12/16) we take on the Ravens which gives us a big opportunity to overtake them with a win couple with a loss or two more from them.

The Ravens are looking at 4 of their last 5 against Denver, Pittsburgh, the Giants, and Cincinnati, all of which are losable games for them. If we could beat them then I think we stand a really good chance of over taking them in the standings.

New England is another tricky one for us having lost the head-to-head. They face back-to-back games against the Texans and 49ers respectively but both games are at home. They also face Miami twice and the Jets once more. While neither team seems to be able to string wins together, divisional wins are always tough to get. The most I think you can hope for though is two losses out of their remaining games which would put them at 11-5. This means would could only lose one of our remaining games if we still hoped to finish ahead of them, and even then that might be stretch.

Dream Scenario

We win every game and finish Super Bowl Champions!!!

Best case scenario:

-Houston beats the Pats.
-Pats lose another game at some point.
-Ravens lose another game.
-We beat the Ravens and win all but one remaining game and secure the #2 seed.
-Someone knocks off Houston giving us home-field advantage through the playoffs.
Super Bowl Champs!!!

Likely Scenario
Denver has to win three games, two on the road, to reach the Super Bowl. At least then we get a neutral site!

oubronco
11-18-2012, 06:57 PM
It's awesome that we can talk about securing seeding in the playoffs for a change

brncs_fan
11-18-2012, 07:01 PM
It's awesome that we can talk about securing seeding in the playoffs for a change

Last year I was just hoping that we would finish with a winning record.

BroncoMan4ever
11-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Road might get a little easier. Pats lost Gronk for probably about the rest of the regular season.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-18-2012, 07:04 PM
No gronk so getting to #2 could be done just by winning in Bmore

brncs_fan
11-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Road might get a little easier. Pats lost Gronk for probably about the rest of the regular season.

They are expecting to get Hernandez back though. Not the same player but pretty close.

AKBroncofan
11-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I promised my wife we would go to the next Super Bowl the Broncos played in. Here we come New Orleans :yayaya:

bronco militia
11-18-2012, 07:20 PM

did you forget the broncos had a great opportunity to do the same thing last year before losing their last three games?

Rohirrim
11-18-2012, 07:24 PM
did you forget the broncos had a great opportunity to do the same thing last year before losing their last three games?

I didn't want to piss on anybody's parade and bring that up, but the late Shanahan teams, and then the McDaniel's teams, were both late season folders. I want to see the new Broncos close strong before I start worrying about playoff seeding.

bronco militia
11-18-2012, 07:25 PM
I didn't want to piss on anybody's parade and bring that up, but the late Shanahan teams, and then the McDaniel's teams, were both late season folders. I want to see the new Broncos close strong before I start worrying about playoff seeding.

yeah and that too...I refuse too look ahead and raise my expectations

errand
11-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Not since NE defeated Carolina has the team with the best overall record won the SB......just saying.

bpc
11-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Some things working out in our favor. Obviously NE/Balt/PITT dealing w/ injuries down the stretch. Houston traditionally also has injury issues. In his five yrs in Houston, Schaub has only played more than 11 games two of those seasons.

As long as we can stay healthy, run the ball, I think we have a very good chance at 1st or 2nd seed.

Pick Six
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM

This is a much more disciplined team. Manning will NOT tolerate a letdown. I think this group of guys love playing with a future legend, and will do anything to win...

bronco militia
11-18-2012, 07:57 PM
This is a much more disciplined team. Manning will NOT tolerate a letdown. I think this group of guys love playing with a future legend, and will do anything to win...

manning can't control injuries and ****ty play calls on 3rd down

Bacchus
11-18-2012, 07:59 PM
manning can't control injuries and ****ty play calls on 3rd down

Sure he can he can audible any ****ty play he wants too. In fact some of these ****ty plays you are referring to are probably calls from Manning himself.

bronco militia
11-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Sure he can he can audible any ****ty play he wants too. In fact some of these ****ty plays you are referring to are probably calls from Manning himself.

manning is holding this team back!!

no seriously, the "manning won't let this happen" argument is nonsense

Jekyll15Hyde
11-18-2012, 08:13 PM

I am sorry to change the subject I really enjoy reading threads you post, particularly when its frequent. ASSRIFIC is right!

Hamrob
11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Some things working out in our favor. Obviously NE/Balt/PITT dealing w/ injuries down the stretch. Houston traditionally also has injury issues. In his five yrs in Houston, Schaub has only played more than 11 games two of those seasons.

As long as we can stay healthy, run the ball, I think we have a very good chance at 1st or 2nd seed.Let me set you straight....we have "Zero" chance at the 1-seed!

The Texans are up on us by 2 games and have the tie breaker....meaning they are essentially 3 games up on us with 6 games left to play.

Here's our best case scenario as we sit today:

1. We win out and go 13-3
2. The Pats lose at least 1 more game and go 12-4 at best

In this scenario we will be the #2 seed, having beaten Baltimore and giving them at least their 4th loss.
If we lose another game....the #2 seed will be very difficult to get...especially if that loss is against the Ravens.

Man-Goblin
11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
This thing is now all about getting the bye.

13-3 and 12-4 is starting to look like the same thing for the Broncos. I haven't looked at what the conference record will look like, but I'm assuming we'll have the best assuming we beat Baltimore. That game will probably be for the bye, since they'll had beaten the Patriots, we would have beaten them, and the Patriots would have beaten he Broncos. 13-3 would be great for the Broncos; but of course if the Patriots win out we will still be playing week one since we lose the head to head against them.

The thing that could screw it up is if the Texans lose a couple. Just the head to head could screw us if the Broncos, Pats, Ravens and Texans all finish with the same record. We have already lost to the Texans and Patriots and potentially Baltimore.

Gotta get that bye. Winning one game at home against the Pats/Ravens/Steelers and then taking your chances in Houston sounds a hell of a lot better than going to Foxboro in the divisional round.

Bacchus
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
I am sorry to change the subject I really enjoy reading threads you post, particularly when its frequent. ASSRIFIC is right!

You're not changing the subject. I think she is ALWAYS the subject.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1131780_o.gif

Bacchus
11-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Let me set you straight....we have "Zero" chance at the 1-seed!

The Texans are up on us by 2 games and have the tie breaker....meaning they are essentially 3 games up on us with 6 games left to play.

In this scenario we will be the #2 seed, having beaten Baltimore and giving them at least their 4th loss.
If we lose another game....the #2 seed will be very difficult to get...especially if that loss is against the Ravens.

I'm calling it right now. San Diego beats the Ravens next week.

Doggcow
11-18-2012, 10:17 PM
If both us, the pats, and ravens win out (except for 1L by Baltimore to us)

We're all tied at 13-3, then it goes to a 3 way tiebreaker, which is?

Bacchus
11-18-2012, 10:19 PM

Well you can throw out the Pats win against us that is good!! Probably AFC wins.

bpc
11-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Let me set you straight....we have "Zero" chance at the 1-seed!

You can't say that Houston will maintain it's lead without a shadow of a doubt. We have six to play. We've been part of seasons notably under Shanahan where a team is red hot to start the season and crashes late under the weight of expectations and pressure. Hell, look at Shanny's last year at the helm. We found a way to lose four straight and back out of the playoffs.

I see some cracks forming with Houston. The last three games have been dangerously close. Buffalo was in the game 3 weeks ago until the 4th quarter when Houston put it away. Chicago didn't mount much of an offensive attack but it was a close game as well and then hapless Jacksonville comes to town and honestly, this could have easily went Jax's way.

As mentioned, any given sunday mentality in the NFL and with the frailness that the Texans have shown... we really don't know what will happen. They were 10-3 last year when Schaub went down for the regular season. They went on to lose to Carolina, Indy and Tennessee down the stretch finishing 10-6 moving from a 1st round bye to a 1st round matchup with Cincy. I'm not betting on this, but wouldn't be surprised if they drop a few coming down the stretch. Remaining schedule is difficult and on the road including seeing 2nd place Indy two times in three weeks to finish he season:

@ Detroit - Playing on a shortweek, Thanksgiving (Detroit is not a gimme game. Stout interior defense and big play offensive poses a threat to the Texas.)

@ Tennessee - Offense is starting to look better and Chris Johnson is running really well.

@ New England - Big time matchup on the road and in the cold. I imagine something will still be on the line for both teams.

Indianapolis - Divisional game. Indy will be up for this game. The fact that they play two makes it more likely that something crazy could happen.

Minnesota - Not a gimme game by any stretch of the imagination. Vikings still have a formidable defense and this will be a Texas homecoming game for AP. He will be fired up.

@ Indianapolis - All these games are going to be tough contests. I could see this game having more impact than it looks like right now. Playing teams twice in three weeks is going to be a uphill climb.

I'm not betting on the #1 seed but I think it's still up for grabs.

TheChamp24
11-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Houston just barely escaped a loss to the Jaguars at home, and have a tough road ahead.
That being said, I still see us probably going 11-5 or 12-4. Which could just mean we finish with the 4th seed which is crazy if you think bout it.

Rock Chalk
11-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

spdirty
11-19-2012, 06:39 AM
If we win out, we get the 2 seed. It's as simple as that. We beat Baltimore then we overtake them, and I really don't think the Patriots will beat Houston and San Francisco on consecutive weeks.

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 06:40 AM
And if all goes well, Kuper and McGahee will be coming back 100% in time for a playoff run.

Rock Chalk
11-19-2012, 06:46 AM
In the case of a 3 way tie at 13-3 with NE, Baltimore and Denver.

Throw out the head to head because NE > Denver > Baltimore > NE. It would go to best conference record first..

Denver would be 10-2 in conference.
Baltimore would be 10-2 in conference.
New England would be 11-1 in conference (2 of their 3 losses are to NFC teams)

NE wins the tie breaker.

Then we win the tiebreaker over Baltimore and get the 3 seed.

Baltimore gets the 4 seed.

Which means we go to Foxborough in the divisional round.

So, lets hope we win out and NE loses a game.

Butterscotch Stallion
11-19-2012, 07:19 AM

Don't forget being up 3 games on the chargers with 3 left and losing it. I know we are a better team now, but still, it's hardly over. Good point.

dictionary
11-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Houston, NE, and Baltimore all have brutal games heading into the end of the season.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 09:05 AM
If we win out, we get the 2 seed. It's as simple as that.

It really isn't that simple though. We don't control our own destiny at this point, even if we do win out.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Best case scenario:

-Houston beats the Pats.
-Pats lose another game at some point.
-Ravens lose another game.
-We beat the Ravens and win all but one remaining game

Just to bust your balls, how does a "best case scenario" involve a loss by us?

brncs_fan
11-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Just to bust your balls, how does a "best case scenario" involve a loss by us?

Because to me it is the most likely. We are a very talented team but I don't see us going undefeated from here on out.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Because to me it is the most likely. We are a very talented team but I don't see us going undefeated from here on out.

But, having said that, you have us beating the Ravens who are far and away the best team remaining on our schedule.

brncs_fan
11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
But, having said that, you have us beating the Ravens who are far and away the best team remaining on our schedule.

True. That's why it is listed as a "scenario" and not "Brncs_fan Stone Cold Lock of the Millennium!!!"

Chris
11-19-2012, 09:24 AM
True. That's why it is listed as a "scenario" and not "Brncs_fan Stone Cold Lock of the Millennium!!!"

But I like stone cold lox

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOne2qEbhbP3X54UjwPLbI0CuZgp2PM TxCFZUraDeFClTK6PW_mDTYoi9--g

brncs_fan
12-02-2012, 05:47 PM
1. Houston (11-1)
2. New England (9-3)
3. Baltimore (9-3)
4. Denver (9-3)
5. Indy (8-4)
6. Pittsburgh (7-5)

Broncos Remaining Games:

@Oakland (3-9)
@ Baltimore (9-3)
Cleveland (4-8)
KC (2-10)

New England has Houston and San Francisco in consecutive weeks so them dropping a game is a real possibility. If not, New England may have the #2 seed wrapped up with Jacksonville and Miami left on their schedule.

Baltimore helped us out with a huge loss to the Steelers. They have the hardest road of the 2-4 seeds with games against Washington, Denver, NY Giants, and Cincy coming up. All of those teams are looking to either make the playoffs or improve their standings. Obviously the game against us in two weeks is HUGE.

Houston has the #1 seed wrapped up. End of story.

So Denver realistically needs to win all of its remaining games, especially the Baltimore game, it it wants to move up in seeding. I really see Baltimore and N.E. losing at least one more game giving them 4 loses. 13-3 should get us the #2 seed if we take care of business.

R8R H8R
12-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Winning throughout is preferred, obviously, and just let the chips fall where they may. However, if we can't win out and get the #2 seed, then it would be better to stay at the 4th seed.

That way, assuming the 2 division leaders win their home playoff games, then we would go to Houston, not NE. We would have a better chances in Houston than NE, imo.

brncs_fan
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Winning throughout is preferred, obviously, and just let the chips fall where they may. However, if we can't win out and get the #2 seed, then it would be better to stay at the 4th seed.

That way, assuming the 2 division leaders win their home playoff games, then we would go to Houston, not NE. We would have a better chances in Houston than NE, imo.

I don't think 3 or 4 matters a whole lot really. Either way we are going to end up playing NE. It just depends on whether or not we play them in the divisional round or AFCG.

brncs_fan
12-02-2012, 06:18 PM
It should also be noted that while Baltimore is being talked about for the #2 seed they don't have a spot locked up yet and it is conceivable that they could get bumped out of the playoffs by the Steelers and Cincy.

brncs_fan
12-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Pre-MNF Standings:

1. Houston
2. Denver
3. New England
4. Baltimore
5. Indianapolis
6. Pittsburgh

Obviously a Houston win tomorrow night helps us out tremendously. From there we would have sole possession of the 2 seed. That means next week against Baltimore it becomes a must win game for us.

Right now we just have to wait for tomorrow.

brncs_fan
12-09-2012, 02:54 PM
FYI: Had Lama Hunt successfully expanded the playoffs to 8 teams the New York Jets would make the postseason.

pootz22
12-09-2012, 03:17 PM
With the Ravens loss and Pittsburgh losing and the Broncos win, what's the chances we move up? New England vs Houston coming up, one will lose, rooting for Houston tomorrow.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Requiem
12-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey Pootz!

CEH
12-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Sit on it pootz ;)

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 03:22 PM
With the Ravens loss and Pittsburgh losing and the Broncos win, what's the chances we move up? New England vs Houston coming up, one will lose, rooting for Houston tomorrow.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

yep

Br0nc0Buster
12-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Our chance to win the 2 spot was always going to come down to winning in Baltimore

It was pretty much either the 2 or 4 for us

Unless Baltimore loses the last 2 games of the season, we are not moving up from the 4 seed if we lose next week

Mogulseeker
12-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Our chance to win the 2 spot was always going to come down to winning in Baltimore

It was pretty much either the 2 or 4 for us

Unless Baltimore loses the last 2 games of the season, we are not moving up from the 4 seed if we lose next week

If we beat Balt and NE loses to SF or Hou, do you think we'll see Ozzy week 17?

maven
12-09-2012, 03:34 PM
yep

Whose ass is that?

SpringStein
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM

If Pats lose one and we beat the Ravens, we would still need to win out to get the #2 seed. So Manning still plays week 17.

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM

If we go into week 17 with nothing more than a one game lead over New England we won't have that luxury. Tiebreakers are a bitch.

pootz22
12-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah yeah the handle (Pootz22) is weak but I like to keep up on the Broncos and this site is the best I've found. Been lurkin here forever but rarely post. You guys are too quick for me to post anything new.

I have a pretty good idea who the ball busters are though. Someday I am gonna make a game in Denver, I fly in there every year.

Vine
12-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Where are your AFC West standings?

Hamrob
12-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Here's a scenario for you.

What if...NE beats Houston, and then the Colts sweep Houston. If that were to happen and we won our 3 remaining games. We would be guarenteed the #2 seed. So, there are a number of ways to move up. Some of them move attainable than others.

Hamrob
12-09-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure If I really am in favor of resting players. Now....if we are up on the chiefs by 24 at the half...then sit them the 2nd half. But, I'd rather our guys be clicking going into the playoffs...instead of rusty.

swaiy
12-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Whose ass is that?

What ass?

SportinOne
12-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Here's a scenario for you.

What if...NE beats Houston, and then the Colts sweep Houston. If that were to happen and we won our 3 remaining games. We would be guarenteed the #2 seed. So, there are a number of ways to move up. Some of them move attainable than others.

The Colts will not sweep Houston, so let's get that thought in the trash.

The Colts can beat them once, but we don't want that if New England wins out. (lost to both, still number 4 in that situation)

I don't think that New England can beat both Houston AND San Francisco, so I think we just need to be happy with the idea that if we beat Baltimore and avoid traps, we will be resting players week 1.

broncocalijohn
12-09-2012, 05:51 PM

no! We still have to hold them off . If we lose, NE can grab that spot again. Only if it means absolutely nothing and NE loses to both Houston and SF.

lonestar
12-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Pre-MNF Standings:

1. Houston
2. Denver
3. New England
4. Baltimore
5. Indianapolis
6. Pittsburgh

Obviously a Houston win tomorrow night helps us out tremendously. From there we would have sole possession of the 2 seed. That means next week against Baltimore it becomes a must win game for us.

Thanks for keeping this alive and updated.

Right now not holding my breath, I know we have Manning and company but I have been disappointed many times since that first game in Denver in 1960. Was setting dead center behind the south goal.

ZONA
12-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Pre-MNF Standings:

1. Houston
2. Denver
3. New England
4. Baltimore
5. Indianapolis
6. Pittsburgh

And HAT wants NE to win, which would make us #3 seed. Take it week to week. A win by Houston tomorrow gives us #2 with our destiny in our OWN HANDS. That's what you want. You want to control your own destiny, not to rely on hoping others lose. His logic is not logical, lol.

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
And HAT wants NE to win, which would make us #3 seed. Take it week to week. A win by Houston tomorrow gives us #2 with our destiny in our OWN HANDS. That's what you want. You want to control your own destiny, not to rely on hoping others lose. His logic is not logical, lol.

HAT called us pussies for wanting Houston to win.

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Whose ass is that?

Who this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-53qJaCfflc0/TXPzgcuQpZI/AAAAAAAAETc/qNmjlYPC_Rs/s1600/ines.sainz-bikini.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Lb8Sluaxlr4/TXPzfR7jbaI/AAAAAAAAES8/CwzRQBbIyME/s400/ines-sainz-pictures.jpghttp://gifsoup.com/view1/1612690/ines-sainz-o.gif

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I think it will be clear by the time the Broncos play the chiefs where their seeding will be. I think it is important for Manning to get a week off to recover so even if Denver gets the 3rd or 4th seed I look for Oz to play against the Chiefs. Of course if Denver has the 2nd seed on the line than Manning will play and make them his b****!!

Jetmeck
12-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Whomever is tappin that ass is my hero !

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Whomever is tappin that ass is my hero !

The entire jets team tried

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 10:12 PM
The entire jets team tried

LMAO!!!!

baja
12-09-2012, 10:49 PM
I think it will be clear by the time the Broncos play the chiefs where their seeding will be. I think it is important for Manning to get a week off to recover so even if Denver gets the 3rd or 4th seed I look for Oz to play against the Chiefs. Of course if Denver has the 2nd seed on the line than Manning will play and make them his b****!!

I agree. He could really use some rest for that rebuilding nerve. He is really pushing it now I suspect. That is why the 2nd seed is so very important. If he could take a half off in the KC game that would be good too.

broncocalijohn
12-10-2012, 09:28 AM

Yeah, how that work out for Elway and the Broncos in 1996 vs Jags? I don't mind some time off but with that extra week off, it always scares me since '96.

Bacchus
12-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah, how that work out for Elway and the Broncos in 1996 vs Jags? I don't mind some time off but with that extra week off, it always scares me since '96.

Manning is 37 years-old after missing a full year to injury. He has done this in the past and he is comfortable with taking a week off to rest. If Denver has the 3 or 4 th seed locked up with no chance of the #2 than do not play Manning the last game against the Chefs.

'96 was a totally different scenario, Denver literally had home field throughout the playoffs wrapped up by the 13th week. They were resting their players towards the end of the season PLUS they had the wild card week off.

broncocalijohn
12-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Manning is 37 years-old after missing a full year to injury. He has done this in the past and he is comfortable with taking a week off to rest. If Denver has the 3 or 4 th seed locked up with no chance of the #2 than do not play Manning the last game against the Chefs.

'96 was a totally different scenario, Denver literally had home field throughout the playoffs wrapped up by the 13th week. They were resting their players towards the end of the season PLUS they had the wild card week off.

I am just giving my fears but it isn't different entirely. We played the Chargers that last game of the season and most starters came out in the first quarter. This was the game that Musgrave lost his playing career when Seau came in for a sick sack. We then had the week off before playing the Jags. Maybe it was overconfidence. It sure seemed that way when Sharpe dropped the ball in the endzone (I think on a 2 point conversion) and blew it off like the points weren't needed.
Only thing different would be that it wouldn't be over confidence and we might be need to wait until that last game to decide if we need the KC game or not.