PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller DPOY Thread

broncosteven
11-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Tonight with 3 sacks Von has surpassed JJ Watt for the sack lead. Von now has 13 sacks to JJ's 11.5. JJ was hot early in the year but has tapered off the last 2 games where as Von has been playing consistently better.

Von has more tackles, Run Stuffs and Stuff yardage, Watt has more bat downs but Von has 4 forced fumbles.

If Von keeps playing at this level he should run away with the Defensive Player of the Year award.

Smilin Assassin
11-18-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm Smilin Assassin, and I approve of this message.

Agamemnon
11-18-2012, 05:12 PM
He should win it, but I have a funny feeling he won't. He is a Bronco after all. Remember when Champ had the greatest season by a corner pretty much ever? Yeah he didn't win it that year somehow. You do the math.

WolfpackGuy
11-18-2012, 05:13 PM
A holding call or ten would be nice.

Tim
11-18-2012, 05:13 PM
He'll win

LongDongJohnson
11-18-2012, 05:14 PM
I wonder what the expert lonestar thinks about this.

gyldenlove
11-18-2012, 05:16 PM
If Von keeps playing his game, he will end up close to 20 sacks, 15 tackles for loss, and some other stats that will be irrelevant. He will be a starting pro bowler, consensus 1st team all-pro and win the defensive player of the year award. Von Miller is out of this world, I noticed on a 3rd down pass attempt by the Chargers, they didn't single team him, they didn't double team him, they triple teamed him, the RT, TE and RB were all assigned to block him. I don't know of any NFL player today who draws triple teams.

Von Miller is having a dominant season, the only Broncos equivalent is Champ Baileys 2006 season.

Harvitz81
11-18-2012, 05:18 PM
I really don't care if he wins or not. I just am giddy that he is a bronco and hopefully I get to watch him for the next decade or so.

Harvitz81
11-18-2012, 05:18 PM
If Von keeps playing his game, he will end up close to 20 sacks, 15 tackles for loss, and some other stats that will be irrelevant. He will be a starting pro bowler, consensus 1st team all-pro and win the defensive player of the year award. Von Miller is out of this world, I noticed on a 3rd down pass attempt by the Chargers, they didn't single team him, they didn't double team him, they triple teamed him, the RT, TE and RB were all assigned to block him. I don't know of any NFL player today who draws triple teams.

Von Miller is having a dominant season, the only Broncos equivalent is Champ Baileys 2006 season.

Von already has 25 TFL on the season.

Ratboy
11-18-2012, 05:19 PM
He just needs to continue what he's doing and it's in the bag.

Baba Booey
11-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Oh hell yeah bitch

brncs_fan
11-18-2012, 05:22 PM
I haven't seen someone dominate defensively like this for a long time.

Could you imagine what he could do if he had a legit MLB playing next to him that defenses had to account for as well?

Rock Chalk
11-18-2012, 05:24 PM
He should win it, but I have a funny feeling he won't. He is a Bronco after all. Remember when Champ had the greatest season by a corner pretty much ever? Yeah he didn't win it that year somehow. You do the math.

Jason Taylor had an amazing season and so did Shawn Merriman (though he got popped for Roids that season).

I didnt mind Taylor winning it that year. Champ had a terrific year but Taylor had an equally amazing year.

BroncoFox
11-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Von Miller is just insane good, and he doesn't even look like he has to try that hard to do it! If he keeps playing at this level, he will easily get it. He is just doing amazing things.

Kaylore
11-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Watt only had one sack today. That's including overtime. Currently Miller is beating him in sacks, forced fumbles, tackles for loss and passes defensed.

Punisher
11-18-2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Rock Chalk
11-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Watt only had one sack today. That's including overtime. Currently Miller is beating him in sacks, forced fumbles, tackles for loss and passes defensed.

Miller is not beating Watt in Passes Defensed.

But...ESPN Stats and Info says...

Von Miller has 3 sacks vs the Chargers, giving him 24.5 for his career in his 25th game. The only player with more sacks in his first 25 career games is Derrick Thomas (25).

Requiem
11-18-2012, 05:35 PM
You could just rename the title of the thread to Von Miller, Hall of Fame Thread because that is in the books.

Agamemnon
11-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Jason Taylor had an amazing season and so did Shawn Merriman (though he got popped for Roids that season).

I didnt mind Taylor winning it that year. Champ had a terrific year but Taylor had an equally amazing year.

Nothing Taylor did that year was on par with the sheer dominance that Champ displayed. Champ pretty much had the greatest all-around season a corner has ever had. Jason Taylor's season was pretty pedestrian by DPOY standards in comparison. Though at least Von has all kinds of tangible stats to help him. Corner play is so much harder to really appreciate.

I still think being a Bronco is going to hurt Miller unless he just flat out blows everyone else away from this point on.

Smilin Assassin
11-18-2012, 05:41 PM

Von Miller has 3 sacks vs the Chargers, giving him 24.5 for his career in his 25th game. The only player with more sacks in his first 25 career games is Derrick Thomas (25).

How ironic and poetic.

I know everyone likes to compare current players w/former greats and HOFers, but I've never seen a player look so much like a former great.

DT once had 7 sacks in a game vs Seattle....would anyone REALLY be that suprised if Von matched it one day?

The guy is just amazingly creative at finding ways to the QB.

Lestat
11-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Miller is just a damn freak. dude is a beast and he isn't fully developed yet. that's the truly scary part.

Kid A
11-18-2012, 05:51 PM
2 years ago Denver was the second worst team in the league.

Today they arguably have the frontrunners for the best defensive player and best offensive players awards.

Punisher
11-18-2012, 05:54 PM

Today they arguably have the frontrunners for the best defensive player and best offensive players awards.

this

driver
11-18-2012, 05:58 PM
How ironic and poetic.

I know everyone likes to compare current players w/former greats and HOFers, but I've never seen a player look so much like a former great.

DT once had 7 sacks in a game vs Seattle....would anyone REALLY be that suprised if Von matched it one day?

The guy is just amazingly creative at finding ways to the QB.

How about next week at Arrowhead against the Chiefs.

BroncoMan4ever
11-18-2012, 06:04 PM
I haven't seen someone dominate defensively like this for a long time.

Could you imagine what he could do if he had a legit MLB playing next to him that defenses had to account for as well?

I have been against the idea of sell the farm for Te'o but if this season keeps going the way it is, I would be more willing to pay whatever cost to get Te'o just to pair with Von.

OrangeSe7en
11-18-2012, 06:08 PM

He would have had more than 25 easily had he not broken his thumb last year.

mwill07
11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
MVP, IMO

SonOfLe-loLang
11-18-2012, 06:14 PM
MVP, IMO

Our MVP is still the one taking snaps.

But Von is amazeballs.

BroncoMan4ever
11-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Funny thing about Von trailing Thomas in the total sacks through 25 games is that had he not gotten injured last season he very well could have had a few more added to that total

Kaylore
11-18-2012, 06:15 PM
In before KCSheepstud says Miller isn't elite and then gets banned again.

Agamemnon
11-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I have been against the idea of sell the farm for Te'o but if this season keeps going the way it is, I would be more willing to pay whatever cost to get Te'o just to pair with Von.

It's going to be tough to move up from 32nd overall to the top 10. ;)

KipCorrington25
11-18-2012, 06:23 PM

Ah yes, Josh McCheat, we hardly knew yah... Hilarious!

Jekyll15Hyde
11-18-2012, 07:15 PM
I think he'll make a run at the single season sack record. 22.5 isnt that far off the way he is playing. And when the D is playing with the lead, it almost isnt fair

That One Guy
11-18-2012, 07:21 PM
I think he'll make a run at the single season sack record. 22.5 isnt that far off the way he is playing. And when the D is playing with the lead, it almost isnt fair

Considering the teams we're going against, 2-3 a game is definitely reasonable. By the way he was playing, it felt like he should've had about 6 today before they started dedicating half their team to blocking him. He could definitely explode for a game of the year type performance and really get the single season record within reach.

AKBroncofan
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
If Von keeps playing like this he definitely deserves to win it. GO MILLER!!!!!

DivineLegion
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
I wonder what the record is for forced negative yards, I imagine Von is on pace with 22 (?) TFL, and 13 sacks.

ShutDownPoster
11-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Of course, hands down - he has the stats AND he's coming on stronger as the season goes on. However he is missing that huge popular highlight reel that the voters love called the 'huge INT or FF return TD'. One long 40+ yarder and he has it in the bag :strong: - or two 20 yarders.

baja
11-18-2012, 07:29 PM
In before KCSheepstud says Miller isn't elite and then gets banned again.

If you could get banned for stupidity there would be a few around here joining him. ;D

Broncoman13
11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Von is really easy to get behind as well. Humble yet carefree. Plus he is a Bronco from the start. While I love having Manning, I almost feel like we're buying success rather than earning and developing it... I'm sure I will get over it when we're playing in the Superbowl!

TonyR
11-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Miller is putting himself in the conversation for Defensive Player of the Year.

He now has eight sacks over the past four weeks, and joined Reggie White, Jevon Kearse and Dwight Freeney as only the fourth player to record 11 or more sacks in his first two seasons.http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321118007

Chris
11-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Von is really easy to get behind as well. Humble yet carefree. Plus he is a Bronco from the start. While I love having Manning, I almost feel like we're buying success rather than earning and developing it... I'm sure I will get over it when we're playing in the Superbowl!

The Broncos earned it by taking the risk on Manning and honouring his competitiveness by building the best damn team possible around him

except when they resigned Joe Mays

g6matty
11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
i was young when ray lewis came into the league .

is it fair to say that von could be the ray lewis of his generation.

i realise the leadership quality or w.e but in the aspect of talent and domination is the way von is trending comparable to Lewis?

i dont want to let this time pass before me with out me realising how incredible it is.

when im 50 years old ill tell my grand childen about someone named von Miller :)

Lestat
11-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Ah yes, Josh McCheat, we hardly knew yah... Hilarious!

only good things from that era. he gave us DT & Decker and ****ed up enough to allow us to have #2 pick to take Von Miller.

BroncoMan4ever
11-18-2012, 09:27 PM
only good things from that era. he gave us DT & Decker and ****ed up enough to allow us to have #2 pick to take Von Miller.

Beadles has been decent. Walton was playing his best ball before injury. Ayers has been coming on recently.

canadianbroncosfan
11-19-2012, 08:49 AM
For the first time this season (that I've seen) a news outlet outside of Denver has finally mentioned Miller in the DPOY category. In fact it's the front story on NFL.com right now!!

http://www.nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000097253/article/von-miller-andre-johnson-among-top-nonqbs-week-11-notes

pricejj
11-19-2012, 09:15 AM
If Von continues to play like he has been, this may be one of the greatest seasons ever by a NFL Defensive player.

baja
11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Can't wait to see what he does against Cassel and that KC line.

San Diego had three players trying to slow down Miller on a few plays yesterday

KC might have to put four players on him.

Mountain Bronco
11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Von has superior stats to every defensive player in the game and he does it at big moments. He was a big part of why the broncos held a 3rd down defensive statistic that hasn't been done for 10 years, yet all we hear about are the Texans and Bears defense and that could be why Miller may not win (Broncos D despite the numbers doesn't get enough respect). He is good enough to pull so far ahead statistically that voters won't have a choice though.

baja
11-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Von has superior stats to every defensive player in the game and he does it at big moments. He was a big part of why the broncos held a 3rd down defensive statistic that hasn't been done for 10 years, yet all we hear about are the Texans and Bears defense and that could be why Miller may not win (Broncos D despite the numbers doesn't get enough respect). He is good enough to pull so far ahead statistically that voters won't have a choice though.

The thing is Von is making an above average defense great just like Manning is making an above average offense great.

Both players are raising all boats as they say.

That sounds like DPOY & OPOY to me and maybe MVP too

pricejj
11-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Can't wait to see what he does against Cassel and that KC line.

KC might have to put four players on him.

Von and Co. had Rivers so scared, the dude could barely complete a pass. I can't imagine the fear that Matt Cassel is going through.

Broncos blitzers could go unblocked. Every Bronco Defender is eyeing Cassel hungrily right now, as if he was a rib roast on the table. That can't be good for Matt "Can't play dead in a Western" Cassel.

TonyR
11-19-2012, 10:13 AM
...just like Manning is making an above average offense great.

I want to argue that our offense isn't great, and yet somehow we put up 30+ points again yesterday despite my feeling that our offensive play was inadequate for much of the day.

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 10:19 AM
i was young when ray lewis came into the league .

is it fair to say that von could be the ray lewis of his generation.

i realise the leadership quality or w.e but in the aspect of talent and domination is the way von is trending comparable to Lewis?

i dont want to let this time pass before me with out me realising how incredible it is.

when im 50 years old ill tell my grand childen about someone named von Miller :)

Ray is better with a knife.

Allegedly. :puff:

baja
11-19-2012, 10:19 AM
I want to argue that our offense isn't great, and yet somehow we put up 30+ points again yesterday despite my feeling that our offensive play was inadequate for much of the day.

Yes, in fact the last game they played great was against New Orleans but I still think we have (do to Manning) a great offense that had two off games, mostly because Manning was off and the receivers dropped several balls they should have caught. Down the road this will not be the standard thus I label them great.

Broncobiv
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM

http://www.dispatch.com/content/graphics/2012/03/21/nfl-3-21-art-gvqghq4r-1manning-jpg-jpg.jpg

enjolras
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Aldon Smith is just a half sack away from Miller for the lead now... that sucks.

Heyneck
11-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Aldon Smith is just a half sack away from Miller for the lead now... that sucks.

he should get it going up against that god awful OL.

Ratboy
11-19-2012, 07:05 PM

Still won't do anything to change the outcome of DPOY.

Mile High 81
11-20-2012, 01:11 AM
I only care for one award (like our players too) and that is the award you can win on 3. Feb.

Manning has 4 MVP Titels(may 5 if he keeps this up) i bet he throw all titels under the bus for 1 more ring.

So I love Von and he is an beast, but i do not relly care if he wins this award.

yes. And the great thing is, we have Doom who also is a good passrusher (not quite dominated as Doom). SDo if the go double or tripleteam miller, doom will get his shots. like he did in the cargers game at the end...

broncosteven
11-20-2012, 02:20 PM

He tore up a bad OL, I have faith that Von will get the sack lead back before the year is out.

I was more surprised that JJ Watt didn't have the same kind of night when he played duh bears.

broncosteven
12-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Add the following to Von's resume!

INT returned for TD!

Today Von had a Sack, FF, INT, TD, Pass defensed.

Tillman had one FF today but got burned in coverage for a TD, he is out of the running, Smith and Watt don't have an INT, they don't have a score, Watt has only 1 FF and Smith only 3, Von has more Run stuffs than Smith or Watt and his Stuffed yards lost total is more than the other 2 combined.

Miller is in a class of his own. Sadly the east coast writers will be too lazy to watch the Bronco games or Von's Highlights and just look at the sack column and give it out based on sack totals rather than if the player is a complete package.

Memento
12-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Great to have player on O (Manning), D (Miller) and ST (Holliday) that keep opposing coordinators from getting any sleep at all during game week.

Add the following to Von's resume!

INT returned for TD!

Today Von had a Sack, FF, INT, TD, Pass defensed.

Tillman had one FF today but got burned in coverage for a TD, he is out of the running, Smith and Watt don't have an INT, they don't have a score, Watt has only 1 FF and Smith only 3, Von has more Run stuffs than Smith or Watt and his Stuffed yards lost total is more than the other 2 combined.

Miller is in a class of his own. Sadly the east coast writers will be too lazy to watch the Bronco games or Von's Highlights and just look at the sack column and give it out based on sack totals rather than if the player is a complete package.

canadianbroncosfan
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Update after 12 games

Millers has 53 tackles, 15 sacks, 24 TFL, 5 FF, one INT/TD

Smith has 51 tackles, 17.5 sacks, 14 TFL, 3 FF

Watt has 59 tackles, 15.5 sacks, 24 TFL, 1 FF

Right now, Miller seems to be more consistent across the board.

Although trailing Smith in sacks, he has 10 more Tackles for Loss and 3 more turnovers.

As for trailing Watt by 0.5 sacks and 6 tackles, he's forced 5 more turnovers than him.

Mountain Bronco
12-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Passes defended is a stat the Watt has far exceeded Miller in so I would say it is between Watt and Miller and is a close race.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Passes defended is a stat the Watt has far exceeded Miller in so I would say it is between Watt and Miller and is a close race.

Yeah he swats passes at the line. BFD. Let's see him drop into coverage and get an int.

JJ Watt can suck it.

g6matty
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000098143/All-hail-Aldon

Aldon smith doesn't even get double teamed. At time miller has 3 guys keying on him and I'm sure watt demands a double team too.

49ers play rams and cardinals twice a year both teams have ****ty qb who holds on to the ball and o lines that can't block at all. No way aldon deserves this award he's a one trick pony who benefits from a strong front 7. Miller puts the D in Denver he's bringing back the orange crush

Ratboy
12-03-2012, 08:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000098143/All-hail-Aldon

Aldon smith doesn't even get double teamed. At time miller has 3 guys keying on him and I'm sure watt demands a double team too.

49ers play rams and cardinals twice a year both teams have ****ty qb who holds on to the ball and o lines that can't block at all. No way aldon deserves this award he's a one trick pony who benefits from a strong front 7. Miller puts the D in Denver he's bringing back the orange crush

Voters will see that Aldon is no way as dominate as Von Miller.

spiralism
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
It's going to be Watt. No broncos defensive player gets league wide respect it seems (as seen by our grand total of zero defensive players in the hall - anyone who tries to retort with willie brown deserves a smack in the head). Champ puts up the best season statistically by a CB ever and it's not even good for 2nd in the 2006 vote.

I argued Miller's case on another forum, backing it up with the stats and got torn apart for it as being a deluded homer so if that's the prevailing attitude towards miller's play amongst other fans, Watt will take this.

Atwater His Ass
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
If Watt wins it, he'll deserve it. Just like Taylor did during Champ's monster year. I wouldn't be too upset if Watt gets it, but if a guy like Smith gets it, I would rage. Leading the league in sacks is an accomplishment, but it would have been like awarding it to Doom when he did it. Great pass rushers, but not the all around players like Miller and Watt.

Miller is going to get one last chance on national tv this week against the Raiders to impress. He already has a real shot, so I'd love to see him dominate this game and give the voters more to think about.

TheChamp24
12-04-2012, 02:58 PM
I think the big thing to look at for these three players too, is they were all in the same freakin class and 2nd year players.
These guys will be beasts for years to come. Scary.

mkporter
12-04-2012, 02:58 PM
It's going to be Watt. No broncos defensive player gets league wide respect it seems (as seen by our grand total of zero defensive players in the hall - anyone who tries to retort with willie brown deserves a smack in the head). Champ puts up the best season statistically by a CB ever and it's not even good for 2nd in the 2006 vote.

I argued Miller's case on another forum, backing it up with the stats and got torn apart for it as being a deluded homer so if that's the prevailing attitude towards miller's play amongst other fans, Watt will take this.

I've seen plenty of press for Miller, he seems pretty popular nationally. JJ Watt is having a pretty impressive season too, losing out to him wouldn't be nearly the tragedy Champ losing out was. (That was really awful)

Rabb
12-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I've sen plenty of press for Miller, he seems pretty popular nationally. JJ Watt is having a pretty impressive season too, losing out to him wouldn't be nearly the tragedy Champ losing out was. (That was really awful)

Yeah I was about to say, I seem to hear nothing but praise for him nationally. Hell, Deion was basically saying he should be an MVP candidate along side Manning.

The Joker
12-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I think Von needs to finish strong. Right now I'd guess Watt would win, he made such a dominating start to the season that people pretty much crowned him DPOY in Week 6. Von has to change their minds, and he's giving it one hell of a shot.

The pick 6 will have helped a lot IMO.

BroncoMan4ever
12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
I can't help but think DPOY is Von's. Sure Watt and Smith are ahead in the sack total, but Smith is one dimensional and aside from sacks and good line play the best attribute Watt has is balls batted Down at the line. Von has sacks, league lead in TFL one of the leaders in FF and now a pick 6. He is a complete player and a complete beast

BroncoMan4ever
12-04-2012, 03:25 PM

What's the better stat to have though is the question.

League lead in TFL or league lead in passes defended?

TFL is a much bigger play. It's a drive killer and a morale crusher. Add in FF and I don't think the contest is as close as many think.

Watt started strong, but hasn't continued at that level of production all season. Aldon is 1 dimensional and benefits from having elite help in the front 7. Von has been consistent all season and is the reason this defense has undergone the turnaround it has.

mkporter
12-04-2012, 04:16 PM
What's the better stat to have though is the question.

League lead in TFL or league lead in passes defended?

TFL is a much bigger play. It's a drive killer and a morale crusher. Add in FF and I don't think the contest is as close as many think.

Watt started strong, but hasn't continued at that level of production all season. Aldon is 1 dimensional and benefits from having elite help in the front 7. Von has been consistent all season and is the reason this defense has undergone the turnaround it has.

Watt has more TFL this year. He has had a continuously excellent season.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-tackles-for-loss

UberBroncoMan
12-04-2012, 04:49 PM

Sucks we missed out on Lavonte David.

I know a few people on the forums wanted him.

BroncoMan4ever
12-04-2012, 05:32 PM

I could have sworn it was
Aldon is Sack leader with Watt and Von following
Watt led passes defended
Von led in TFL with Watt following

Tim
12-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I could have sworn it was
Aldon is Sack leader with Watt and Von following
Watt led passes defended
Von led in TFL with Watt following

It was then watt regained the lead

Right now I think the award would go to watt because of the 15 pd's he has but Von is right up there with him. It will defiantly come down to who has the better December and so far Von is doing well

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2012, 06:00 PM
It was then watt regained the lead

Right now I think the award would go to watt because of the 15 pd's he has but Von is right up there with him. It will defiantly come down to who has the better December and so far Von is doing well

I'd honestly give it to both of them. They have both been absolute terrors and have similar numbers.

g6matty
12-04-2012, 06:57 PM
We have a primetime game this week if Von shows out on national tv that would help greatly

Tombstone RJ
12-04-2012, 07:00 PM
got to factor in Von's INTs too!

TheReverend
12-04-2012, 07:48 PM
I felt like Von iced his claim for the award with his pick 6

Up until that, I wouldve leaned toward Watt

That One Guy
12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
We have a primetime game this week if Von shows out on national tv that would help greatly

Very good point. Doing something consistently isn't necessarily as publicity-worthy as doing it in bunches or on primetime TV. Aldon Smith got a lot of talk for his 5 or 6 sack game but before then was an afterthought to JJ and Von. Watt had some early games where he was beasting and they might've been national as well or it might've been an issue where he was just the first to jump out and get noticed.

It's all a publicity game.

DivineLegion
12-04-2012, 08:39 PM
got to factor in Von's INT too!

FIFY

g6matty
12-04-2012, 08:48 PM
We should get up early on jokelan their d sucks bad so Von should have plenty of opportunities to get after Palmer .

Manning for MVP and Von for dpoy

Tombstone RJ
12-04-2012, 09:02 PM
FIFY

season ain't over yet!

mwill07
12-04-2012, 09:16 PM

Texans do too. Watt will have a chance to make an even bigger splash on MNF vs Brady.

canadianbroncosfan
12-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Texans do too. Watt will have a chance to make an even bigger splash on MNF vs Brady.

Or vice versa, do nothing against an elite QB

g6matty
12-05-2012, 05:26 AM
brady throws the ball like .5 seconds faster then any other qb in the leauge. he will dink and dunk to welker the whole game. i get so frustrated when we play the pats because theres no time to get to him

enjolras
12-05-2012, 09:07 AM
brady throws the ball like .5 seconds faster then any other qb in the leauge. he will dink and dunk to welker the whole game. i get so frustrated when we play the pats because theres no time to get to him

It's why they've been experimenting with Von up the middle more I think. You have to generate rush up the middle to get to Brady. Wolfe isn't that guy (he's been very disappointing as an interior rusher to be honest). We don't have that guy on the team. I think they're hoping they can slip Von through the middle on some interior blitzes if it comes to the Patriots.

I still just can't see how our defense can stop them, however.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-05-2012, 09:14 AM

I hope so, after 6 years of complete ineptitude, I'm in the fantasy playoffs, despite the fact that the fantasy gods did all they could to keep me out. I'd like to win. Welker is apart of that.

BroncoMan4ever
12-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I felt like Von iced his claim for the award with his pick 6

Up until that, I wouldve leaned toward Watt

That was one thing missing on Von's resume. That flashy big play that gets a lot of notice

Kaylore
12-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Von Miller has a bigger dong than JJ Watt. It is written on all the bathroom stall walls.

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Von Miller has a bigger dong than JJ Watt. It is written on all the bathroom stall walls.

That's racist.

g6matty
12-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Ppl sAy the key to Brady is pass rush... I think it's sticky man coverage in the first 3 seconds allowing the pass rush to get to him. There's no rusher who can get there in 2 seconds

baja
12-05-2012, 01:00 PM

What are you doing in the Women's Restroom.

Rabb
12-05-2012, 01:22 PM
What are you doing in the Women's Restroom.

you ever try having 13 wives?

baja
12-05-2012, 01:58 PM

No but if I did the very last place you'd find me is in the Ladies Room. ;D

Kaylore
12-05-2012, 02:16 PM

..seriously!

bronc_fan23
12-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Where can I get the up to date stats for Von?

Chris
12-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Epic page 4 is epic

Agamemnon
12-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Another strip sack (that led to an easy score) in this game. I just don't get how anyone could vote for Watt over Miller at this point, but many will I'm sure.

bronc_fan23
12-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Another strip sack (that led to an easy score) in this game. I just don't get how anyone could vote for Watt over Miller at this point, but many will I'm sure.

Although I hope that Pats lose on Monday, I also hope they contain Watt. He could have a big game on the national stage and pull ahead.

HAT
12-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Although I hope that Pats lose on Monday, I also hope they contain Watt. He could have a big game on the national stage and pull ahead.

So if I'm reading this right....You'd rather have an individual player get an award instead of the best thing for the team?

ScottXray
12-06-2012, 10:17 PM
I was glad to see the commentators point out that Von is not a one trick pony....he rushes the passer ( VERY well) , forces fumbles, and also drops into coverage and is effective against the run also. I wish that his # Tackles for loss was being covered more by ESPN, because he is leading in that, and that is one advantage HE has over Watt. Watt is also very good, but in slightly differnt ways ( pass disruptions).

The DPOY will go to Miller or Watt. Aldon Smith IS that one trick pony and should be discounted for that reason.

sinuous sausage
12-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Where can I get the up to date stats for Von?

sounds like the ladies restroom is a good place to look

bronc_fan23
12-06-2012, 10:24 PM
So if I'm reading this right....You'd rather have an individual player get an award instead of the best thing for the team?

No, I want the Pats to lose so the Broncos go up in seeding, but also hope they contain Watt on a national stage, so that Miller doesn't get overshadowed by a week of Watt circle-jerking.

HAT
12-06-2012, 10:28 PM
No, I want the Pats to lose.

Wow...Idiotic.

razorwire77
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Another sack, another forced fumble (6 or 7?) He's gotta be DPOY right now. I love how he breaks out a new pass rush technique every few weeks. Tonight that fake dip and then cut back in bull rush was tight. He's going to kill people with it.

You have the dip down and under speed rush. You have the fake dip bull rush. You have the conventional bull rush, you have the spin move (inside or outside) and he can swim with either hand. He's really a generational player. Honestly, it makes it worth enduring the McDaniel's fiasco just to have him.

bronc_fan23
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Wow...Idiotic.

They are our biggest threat for the number 2 seed, don't see how that's idiotic.

But this is a Von Miller thread, so let's keep it on topic.

sinuous sausage
12-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Wait, I want the Pats to lose, too?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2012, 10:47 PM
We...should all want the Pats to lose. We virtually have no shot to catch up with Houston.

HAT
12-06-2012, 10:54 PM
They are our biggest threat for the number 2 seed, don't see how that's idiotic.

But this is a Von Miller thread, so let's keep it on topic.

If your goal is the number 2 seed instead of number 1 seed then you are beyond help.

Bye week + HFA throughout the playoffs > 2 seed bye.

WTF has happened to this place? Let's go Pats!

sinuous sausage
12-06-2012, 11:01 PM
If your goal is the number 2 seed instead of number 1 seed then you are beyond help.

Houston closes out with Indy 2x and Minny after the MNF game. I can't see anything worse than 13-3 with that scenario. My playoff tiebreaking is rusty, but I think Hou would have to lose 3 of 4 and Den win out for the #1 seed.

Or Hou can just beat the Pats and Den win out for the #2 seed. I dig our odds if it comes down to an AFCCG in Houston. I'd also dig my airfare to the game. :)

tsr28
12-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Texans have to lose 3 of 4 games and the Patriots need to lose a game somewhere else... and that's assuming we win out.

I'll go for the 2nd seed and hope the Texans lose in the playoffs before the AFC Championship game..

canadianbroncosfan
12-06-2012, 11:35 PM

I don't think it's a matter of anyone wanting the number 2 seed over the 1 seed but I think it's what's really more realistic.

Texans need to lose out for us to get the one seed, that isn't going to happen.

However if the Texans do beat the Pats, and we beat the Ravens the following week, we're in sole possession of the #2 seed.

Anyways back to the thread at hand.

I'm glad Von had the game he did on a national broadcast. Not everything he does so well shows up in a statistical category. How many times did he get a hold call against the O-Line tonight? How many times did that 10 yards back the Raiders up and prevent them from getting first downs.

Atwater His Ass
12-07-2012, 04:26 AM
Playing devil's advocate about the Raider game, only knock I'd have on Von is that he didn't show up until Denver was playing with a more commanding lead in the 2nd half. He was pretty invisible in the first half.

Lolad
12-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Playing devil's advocate about the Raider game, only knock I'd have on Von is that he didn't show up until Denver was playing with a more commanding lead in the 2nd half. He was pretty invisible in the first half.

Maybe you weren't watching the game. Von and Doom both had consistent pressure the entire game.

Gcver2ver3
12-07-2012, 05:10 AM
Wow...Idiotic.

You lost me here... anyone with common sense should be rooting for the Pats to lose to the Texans...

The broncos have virtually no chance of catching the texans... if the pats lose we control our own destiny for a bye...

v2micca
12-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Another sack, another forced fumble (6 or 7?) He's gotta be DPOY right now. I love how he breaks out a new pass rush technique every few weeks. Tonight that fake dip and then cut back in bull rush was tight. He's going to kill people with it.

You have the dip down and under speed rush. You have the fake dip bull rush. You have the conventional bull rush, you have the spin move (inside or outside) and he can swim with either hand. He's really a generational player. Honestly, it makes it worth enduring the McDaniel's fiasco just to have him.

That move to get the strip sack is one of the sickest moves I have ever seen a pass rusher put on a Offensive Lineman. Seriously, He had no chance of stopping Von on that play.

bowtown
12-07-2012, 05:37 AM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

v2micca
12-07-2012, 05:44 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000107114/Miller-forces-Palmer-fumble-Unrein-recovers

Been watching this clip continuously for about half an hour now. Watching Von eat Khalif Barnes lunch just never gets old.

rmsanger
12-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Wanted to bump this thread because we've only be talking about Miller, Watt, and Smith thus far.

What about Daryl Washington's play to this point?

He has 104 total tackles, 9 sacks, 1 picks, 2 forced fumbles, and 3 pass deflections which is pretty great coming from and ILB.

extralife
12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I just want to say Aldon Smith now has 19.5 sacks. Whether he's a serious DPOY candidate or not, he's going to break the sacks record.

TheReverend
12-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Wanted to bump this thread because we've only be talking about Miller, Watt, and Smith thus far.

What about Daryl Washington's play to this point?

He has 104 total tackles, 9 sacks, 1 picks, 2 forced fumbles, and 3 pass deflections which is pretty great coming from and ILB.

Love him. Drafted him in the OM mock draft last year. Has been a leader on a great defense this year, but they've fallen off a cliff as of late and you need to be peaking in your hot streak come vote time.

TheReverend
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I just want to say Aldon Smith now has 19.5 sacks. Whether he's a serious DPOY candidate or not, he's going to break the sacks record.

IF he sets a new sack record, he'll get it by merit of that alone.

extralife
12-09-2012, 05:00 PM

I think Watt gets it unless he falls off a cliff. He's been getting the press all season, and pretty much every conversation about Smith mentions the presence of Justin Smith as well. Last year Justin Smith should have won the award, this year he might help keep it away from his teammate.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 06:43 PM

He padded his stats vs a bad bear OL.

He is a good player, he had a great game today but I think Miller with his FF's and INT is more valuable. Plus Smith has other pieces around him that make him better. That D is much better than ours or the Texans (if the Texans still have enough players to field a D at this point).

TheReverend
12-09-2012, 06:49 PM

He is a good player, he had a great game today but I think Miller with his FF's and INT is more valuable. Plus Smith has other pieces around him that make him better. That D is much better than ours or the Texans (if the Texans still have enough players to field a D at this point).

The AP is going to side with the guy that breaks records.

enjolras
12-09-2012, 08:28 PM

Oh c'mon. Smith is a great pass rusher. Possibly better than Von. It's not like Von hasn't had his chances against weak offensive lines. You can argue that Von is asked to play a more complete role in the defense, and it's a valid argument. He has to cover far more than Smith, but it's hard to overlook just how dominant Smith has been.

There are three guys really deserving of the honor, I have trouble finding much space between them.

mkporter
12-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Oh c'mon. Smith is a great pass rusher. Possibly better than Von. It's not like Von hasn't had his chances against weak offensive lines. You can argue that Von is asked to play a more complete role in the defense, and it's a valid argument. He has to cover far more than Smith, but it's hard to overlook just how dominant Smith has been.

There are three guys really deserving of the honor, I have trouble finding much space between them.

Have to disagree here. Smith is good, but he gets more pass rush opportunities than Von. Von is also dominant against the run with far more tackles for loss.

rmsanger
12-10-2012, 07:02 AM
I don't think Von gets it; I'd say ~ 10% shot and that Watt & Smith have much better opportunities at getting it. Watt has better overall #'s than Von (Sacks, Stuffs, Pass Deflections, Tackles) and has been getting more press all year. Smith will break the sack record and Von will not catch him.

We all love Von but thinking he has much of a shot at this would just be pure orange colored glasses.

R-Mac
12-10-2012, 03:47 PM
https://twitter.com/cecillammey

Aldon Smith w19.5 sacks. All his sacks this yr have come w4 or fewer pass rushers, he has 7.5 sacks more than anybody else w/such pressure

Right now it's either J.J. Watt or Aldon Smith IMO, but things can change with 3 games left.

Watt still deserves a lot of credit for what he's done as a 3-4 lineman.

Harvitz81
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Still think it comes down to Miller and Watt. Smith is a one trick pony and doesn't play the run as well as Miller or Watt.

Just look at the stats.

Miller
Tackles - 57
Sacks - 16
Forced Fumbles - 6
Fumble Recoveries - 0
Ints - 1
Defensive TDs - 1
Pass Defensed - 2
Stuffs - 12

Watt:
Tackles - 60
Sacks - 16.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
Fumble Recoveries - 2
Ints - 0
Defensive TDs - 0
Pass Defensed - 15
Stuffs - 14

Smith
Tackles - 57
Sacks - 19.5
Forced Fumbles - 3
Fumble Recoveries - 0
Ints - 0
Defensive TDs - 0
Pass Defensed - 0
Stuffs - 2

Smith is a one trick pony that gets more opportunities to rush the passer, but is not near as good as miller or watt in stopping the run.

Watt's passes defensed is insane considering he is a lineman and doesn't drop into coverage, but that allows him to just concentrate on stopping the run and rushing the passer while jumping at the opportune time to bat the ball down.

Miller drops into coverage more than both and gets less opportunities to rush the passer. Stops the run equally as well as watt. Lacks the passes defensed vs watt, but has a lot more FFs.

Watt and Miller are the more complete players than Smith. I'd give the edge to Watt still with the crazy passes defenses, but if Miller can get a couple more FFs or another TD he may get the edge. If Smith breaks the sack record then I guess all bets are off, but I still think he isn't as complete a player as Watt or Miller.

ScottXray
12-10-2012, 09:53 PM
So WATT did not get any sacks against NE.
2 tackles , 2 Assists and 1 FF ( his first ( not against Brady)

This puts he and Von on essentially the SAME level.
It will be who does what the next 3 weeks.

hope that Smith fares as well against NE ( 0 sacks.)

This:strong: aint over yet!:strong:

TheReverend
12-10-2012, 10:00 PM
So WATT did not get any sacks against NE.
2 tackles , 2 Assists and 1 FF ( his first ( not against Brady)

This puts he and Von on essentially the SAME level.
It will be who does what the next 3 weeks.

hope that Smith fares as well against NE ( 0 sacks.)

This:strong: aint over yet!:strong:

DPOY is swell, but post season success is greater, so I'm hoping Smith buries Brady every play.

ScottXray
12-10-2012, 10:23 PM
DPOY is swell, but post season success is greater, so I'm hoping Smith buries Brady every play.

agree, but if NE wins, I want Von to get DPOY.

Watt and several others were very close to geting Brady tonight...but just .15 second late several times. The problem is Brady gets it out so quick, with great accuracy. And he has Welker and Gonzales short and Lloyd deep.

HAT
12-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Let's hope Aldon gets 3 sacks, 2 tfl, a FF and a pick 6.

Do this 9ers!!!

SportinOne
12-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Still think it comes down to Miller and Watt. Smith is a one trick pony and doesn't play the run as well as Miller or Watt.

Just look at the stats.

Miller
Tackles - 57
Sacks - 16
Forced Fumbles - 6
Fumble Recoveries - 0
Ints - 1
Defensive TDs - 1
Pass Defensed - 2
Stuffs - 12

Watt:
Tackles - 60
Sacks - 16.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
Fumble Recoveries - 2
Ints - 0
Defensive TDs - 0
Pass Defensed - 15
Stuffs - 14

Smith
Tackles - 57
Sacks - 19.5
Forced Fumbles - 3
Fumble Recoveries - 0
Ints - 0
Defensive TDs - 0
Pass Defensed - 0
Stuffs - 2

Nice, but tackles for loss are missing. Put that in there, along with QB hurries, and Miller looks even better. Then, maybe put these numbers against opportunities and come up with percentages for each stat. I bet Miller then blows each out of the water aside from Watts pass deflections.

Inkana7
12-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Nice, but tackles for loss are missing. Put that in there, along with QB hurries, and Miller looks even better. Then, maybe put these numbers against opportunities and come up with percentages for each stat. I bet Miller then blows each out of the water aside from Watts pass deflections.

Stuffs = TFL

zms325i
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Watt didn't anything last night but force a fumble that turned into a pats touchdown. A no show in prime time in the "biggest game in franchise history" has to be a step back. Both miller and smith have had big prime time showings.

bronco militia
12-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Watt didn't anything last night but force a fumble that turned into a pats touchdown. A no show in prime time in the "biggest game in franchise history" has to be a step back. Both miller and smith have had big prime time showings.

Hilarious!

did you watch the game last night?

g6matty
12-11-2012, 09:52 AM
He was hitting brady but i think he completed most of the throws that watt hit him on.. I liked the hit by witney mercilus it was dumerville-esque . (who has that gif)

zms325i
12-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Hilarious!

I did, he was all over the place, but the dpoy is going to come down to more than that. He needed a marquee game, and didn't get there. Both Smith and Miller had huge games on SNF-MNF

Flex Gunmetal
12-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Hilarious!

He pressured Brady into having an amazing game.

Kaylore
12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Watt didn't get a sack. He beat up on Brady, but that won't help his case at the end of the year.

bronco militia
12-11-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't think Watt hurt his chances last night.

zms325i
12-11-2012, 10:53 AM

I think he did. It was the biggest game of the week, and he didn't do anything to speak of- his team lost by 35.
Smith had 5 tackles and 2 sack in a win
Miller had 3 tackles , a sack and a ff in a win.

Voters will notice.

broncosteven
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM

The Pat's were the ones batting balls down last night.

I think this game hurt him big time. Had he got to Brady once I could see him staying in contention but pressures are not sacks.

mkporter
12-11-2012, 11:47 AM
It will be interesting to see how Smith does against the Pats next week. Watt had a decent game in a rout last night, but Von was a one man wrecking crew when we played the pats. 2 sacks and several other hurries, a FF, several big back field hits in the running game.

SportinOne
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Stuffs = TFL

Weird, because this website has different results:

Watt: 27
Miller: 24
Smith: 17

Now, even weirder, I remember hearing on numerous broadcasts over the past few weeks that Miller was leading that category by a large margin. Perhaps they were just talking about linebackers.

mkporter
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
A nice article from the PFF guys about the pass rushers this year. Puts a little more steam behind Von over Aldon.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/11/pass-rushing-productivity-3rd-4th-down/

broncs2bowl
12-11-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109628/article/super-bowl-xlvii-separating-the-contenders-from-pretenders

In that link theres a video of the Broncos being the number 1 team in the AFC

and in the article it mentions Von Miller being the front runner for Defensive Player of the Year

Boobs McGee
12-14-2012, 08:27 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8742271/no-other-defender-important-von-miller-tackles

Another article about the DPOY race.

Chris
12-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Chick on ESPN video that thinks Von Miller went to Missouri picks him for DPOY.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8742271/no-other-defender-important-von-miller-tackles

Broncos_OTM
12-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Vons playing outta his head. Its really rare though that a end in a 3-4 has 16 sacks and all his PD and TFL's and then you have aldon who will more then likely break the sack record... i have von as a third place. Thats the non homer, homer in me is screaming from the empire state building vons is crushing it

R-Mac
12-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I really don't care if Von Miller wins DPOY. He does not need this award to validate how special he's been for the Broncos. Maybe a DPOY award will just make him even more expensive when it's time to negotiate a new contract. We all know the Broncos' salary cap will take a vicious helmet-to-helmet, strip-sack hit to sign Miller's extension.