PDA

View Full Version : Pay the man!

BroncoDoom
11-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Who do you think the Broncos should lock up long term? My vote goes to Wesley Woodward. Loved his intensity since he showed up as an undrafted free agent. Seemed to always make the most of every opportunity he got...and is taking that to a new level this year now that he finally got his chance to start. Happy to see success for this hard working young man.

Bacchus
11-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Chris Harris has my vote as well.

LongDongJohnson
11-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Manny Ramirez.

Bacchus
11-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Manny Ramirez.

Ugh.... Joking right? He is a fine back-up but he needs to stay a back-up. I hope Kuper is back next week and so does Manning.

Pick Six
11-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Von Miller

Bmore Manning
11-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Von Miller

Yeah pay him now in the middle of his rookie deal when we are at least getting him for peanuts, with his exceptional play. Thanks but no thanks.

Rock Chalk
11-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah pay him now in the middle of his rookie deal when we are at least getting him for peanuts, with his exceptional play. Thanks but no thanks.

He's gonna be quite price to keep at the end of his rookie deal.

Worth it, but pricey as hell.

Bmore Manning
11-18-2012, 05:34 PM
He's gonna be quite price to keep at the end of his rookie deal.

Worth it, but pricey as hell.

I don't think Von signs an extension in the off season for anything less than market value. Look at what this kid is doing, he isn't going to sign some cheap extension. He needs to set a market value so other young players can get paid.

LRtagger
11-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Clady

orangemonkey
11-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Clady

Yep. He's the best in the business and we need to take care of him first. Manning will help make it happen.

Punisher
11-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Everybody

Requiem
11-18-2012, 05:54 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RwEIjbfOHD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SonOfLe-loLang
11-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't think Von signs an extension in the off season for anything less than market value. Look at what this kid is doing, he isn't going to sign some cheap extension. He needs to set a market value so other young players can get paid.

I disagree, and should the Broncos win the super bowl and he D-player of the year, I'd lock him up and reward him. If next year he blows out his knee in the first game, and is never the same, think the broncos will play him for past dominance? I think he'd def take guaranteed money up front for less than market value...otherwise he's waiting another few years

BroncoMan4ever
11-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Manny Ramirez.

Been great for depth

BroncoMan4ever
11-18-2012, 05:58 PM
I disagree, and should the Broncos win the super bowl and he D-player of the year, I'd lock him up and reward him. If next year he blows out his knee in the first game, and is never the same, think the broncos will play him for past dominance? I think he'd def take guaranteed money up front for less than market value...otherwise he's waiting another few years

Didn't the CBA make it that a guy has to play out his rookie deal or at least 4 years before a new deal can be worked on?

baja
11-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Bowlen better check his bank balance because he's gonna have to find some serious jack.

Requiem
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Bowlen better check his bank balance because he's gonna have to find some serious jack.

Not only for Miller, but guys like Thomas, Decker and Beadles who will be getting their cheddar too. Lets not forget Ryan Clady and how much Manning will continue to make if he keeps this up as well. There are others that you could mention as well: Woodyard, Harris, Carter -- but who knows. Seemed like we were fine cap wise.

Bmore Manning
11-18-2012, 06:35 PM

I'm not sure what the language of the CBA says, but take the issue straight, I don't think he signs an extension this off season for a friendly discount. Contracts are usually about what will you do for me. I don't think it's wise to raise his cap figure unless he's convinced his agent.

Ryan Clady didn't sign the extension did he..? So why will Von take money out of his pockets by signing an extension now?

i4jelway7
11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
del rio

Kaylore
11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm glad some of you aren't our GM.

CEH
11-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm not that impressed with Wes.
I think Denver would be better of with L David

:deadhorse

IA-Broncosfan53
11-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Britton Colquit hello.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-18-2012, 07:14 PM

It's called an extension that's tacked on to the end of his rookie deal.

Hamrob
11-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Who do you think the Broncos should lock up long term? My vote goes to Wesley Woodward. Loved his intensity since he showed up as an undrafted free agent. Seemed to always make the most of every opportunity he got...and is taking that to a new level this year now that he finally got his chance to start. Happy to see success for this hard working young man.Didn't we just resign Wood this past offseason?

BowlenBall
11-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Didn't we just resign Wood this past offseason?

Yup -- for two years, $3,500,000.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/wesley-woodyard/

KillerBronco#76
11-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Yup -- for two years, $3,500,000.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/wesley-woodyard/

Clady is getting top 5 money at least when his deal is finished. Miller is going to be the top paid linebacker when his deal gets done.

porter is 4 million freed up, dumerville salary drops by 2 mil every year until he's a FA in 16. so there is 4 + maybe 1-2 depending on the prorates of dumervilles bonuses if we let brooking go we have 6-7mil to use next year.

this is all based off of salary though the only amount i know for sure is the 4 million from porter and 1 from brooking. anything else depends on information I don't have nor feel like spending the time to look up...