PDA

View Full Version : General College Basketball Thread - 2012-13

canadianbroncosfan
11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I searched for one and could not find anything.

Saw that the CU Buffs upset #16 Baylor this afternoon and figured that would be a good time to start!

jerseyboiler120
11-16-2012, 04:32 PM
My Purdue Boilermakers got jobbed big time by the refs last night in the final minute of the game. Refs called a flagrant foul which gave villanova 2 free throws AND the ball. Purdue was up by 4 (or 5), that gave nova the momentum and they tied the score. They beat Purdue in OT. Even the announcers kept saying how awful the call was. They gave the W to villanova.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Go Kan-tuck-eee and Buffs!

OBF1
11-16-2012, 04:49 PM
UCLA, If we get Mohammad reinstated, they are going to be tough

OBF1
11-16-2012, 07:44 PM
First time I can say I am happy with the NCAA... Shabazz Muhammad was reinstated, UCLA will be a tough out. Will find out next Monday and Tuesday during the legends tournament in NY.

Rock Chalk
11-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Go Kan-tuck-eee and Buffs!

Still not sure how the Buffs pulled that off last night. 4-18 from the line and still win a game against a team with 3 or 4 future NBA players?

Scott Drew: Doing Less With More
Tad Boyle: Doing More With Less

Rock Chalk
11-17-2012, 06:14 AM
First time I can say I am happy with the NCAA... Shabazz Muhammad was reinstated, UCLA will be a tough out. Will find out next Monday and Tuesday during the legends tournament in NY.

I think its BS. Not that he was reinstated, but that he didnt get 9 game suspension.

Selby had to repay less money and got 9 games. Some consistency would be effing nice.

Requiem
11-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Bison lost to the Hoosiers by 27. NOT BAD GUYS!

Dutch
11-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Hope the Buffs win tomorrow night. Would be nice for Tad to get some good press this early in the season. Bye Bye Rugby.

Rocket 7
12-01-2012, 05:51 PM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/01/breaking-former-st-louis-utah-coach-rick-majerus-has-died/

Rick Majerus passed away.

When Rick Majerus decided to take a leave of absence for health reasons, the news was concerning.

When he announced he wasn’t coming back to the Billikens at all, it was alarming.

Now the true extent of Majerus’ health issues has become known. Multiple sources, including Majerus’ protege and current Loyola (Chicago) head coach Porter Moser, have confirmed that Majerus passed away today at the age of 64.

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Alas. Basketball season is back.

Pick Six
12-01-2012, 08:15 PM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/01/breaking-former-st-louis-utah-coach-rick-majerus-has-died/

When Rick Majerus decided to take a leave of absence for health reasons, the news was concerning.

When he announced he wasnít coming back to the Billikens at all, it was alarming.

Now the true extent of Majerusí health issues has become known. Multiple sources, including Majerusí protege and current Loyola (Chicago) head coach Porter Moser, have confirmed that Majerus passed away today at the age of 64.

College basketball has certainly lost a great one. RIP, Rick...

spdirty
12-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Be real nice to see CU get a win tonight at 7-0 Wyoming. They're tied at 33 in the second half.

Kinda weird that as pathetic as the front range schools have been when it comes to football (AF being the exception), all 4 front range schools are 25-1 combined this year in basketball, and the 1 was Air Force losing to CU.

Cmac821
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Watched CSU beat Evansville early today. When Hornung gets back it should be fun to watch the battle against CU next week. Go Rams!

gunns
12-01-2012, 09:07 PM

When he announced he wasnít coming back to the Billikens at all, it was alarming.

Now the true extent of Majerusí health issues has become known. Multiple sources, including Majerusí protege and current Loyola (Chicago) head coach Porter Moser, have confirmed that Majerus passed away today at the age of 64.

Wow, just saw this. Not terribly surprising with his health issues but a sad sad thing. He meant a lot here in Utah. He did the same thing in Utah, taking a leave of absence and not coming back but we were all glad when he began coaching again. He was a great coach here, took the Utes to the championship game in March madness and just a character overall. Thanks Rick and RIP.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2013, 12:07 PM
ACC regular season champs and also ACC tournament champs.....very proud of Coach L and the Canes.

They won't make a deep run in the tourney cause they are all defense not much offense...but I'll be happy with Sweet 16.

That One Guy
03-17-2013, 01:37 PM
ACC regular season champs and also ACC tournament champs.....very proud of Coach L and the Canes.

They won't make a deep run in the tourney cause they are all defense not much offense...but I'll be happy with Sweet 16.

I think it's garbage they're still projecting Duke as the #1. They should put significantly more weight on conference tournaments than they do. I can understand if they want to overlook conference win/loss as things change over a long season but when they get beat in the conference tournament, they should pay the price.

spdirty
03-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Oregon is a 12 seed. Not good for CU. :(

That One Guy
03-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Duke got the 2 so Miami may be back in the conversation for a 1.

Louisville pulling the #1 overall and getting the midwest is beautiful. They start in Lexington and move to Indy if they make it. There should be solid Card representation the whole time. Best case scenario overall.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2013, 03:17 PM
UNC-Kansas in the round of 32. That should be fun.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Miami No.2 seed in the East. Could play Colorado in the round of 32.

spdirty
03-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes! CU made it!

That One Guy
03-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Miami No.2 seed in the East. Could play Colorado in the round of 32.

Wow. No love for the ACC. Does this mean Gonzaga pulls it?

bombay
03-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Colorado vs. Illinois. That's a winnable game for the Buffs. Illinois is an up and down team that can be very hard to beat at their best, though. Winner gets Miami in game two. Tough draw.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Wow. No love for the ACC. Does this mean Gonzaga pulls it?

I think so.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Colorado vs. Illinois. That's a winnable game for the Buffs. Illinois is an up and down team that can be very hard to beat at their best, though. Winner gets Miami in game two. Tough draw.

We have a terrific defense and PG and alot of vets but I don't know if we have the offense to go far. I will be happy with the Sweet 16. Although the CBS guys seem to think we have a favorable bracket.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I think the Heels got seriously hosed. First they have to beat Nova and then KU in Kansas City? They should have been higher than a 8.

bombay
03-17-2013, 04:07 PM
We have a terrific defense and PG and alot of vets but I don't know if we have the offense to go far. I will be happy with the Sweet 16. Although the CBS guys seem to think we have a favorable bracket.

Aside from Larkin, all of your starters are seniors. Pretty big and strong up front, and that's the weakest and youngest (Freshman center Scott) part of the Buffs team. That's what happens when you're a 10 seed, I guess (getting a very difficult game 2).

WolfpackGuy
03-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Who knows which team will actually show up for the tournament, but go Wolfpack!

TonyR
03-17-2013, 04:36 PM

Like almost every team they have some flaws but with that backcourt it's hard to count them out.

TonyR
03-17-2013, 04:39 PM
I think the Heels got seriously hosed. First they have to beat Nova and then KU in Kansas City? They should have been higher than a 8.

Agree. Drawing that KU game is really a joke. It's almost like somebody doesn't like Roy or UNC's athletic director or something.

bpc
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
I like the setup for CU. Easy trip to Austin, not playing on anybody's home court which is nice. Illinois obviously can play... they beat Indiana and absolutely took Gonzaga behind the woodshed earlier in the year. Recently they have lost 4 of 6 but three of those were to top 15 teams, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio State.

Miami much the same. I have great respect for any team that can win the ACC Reg. season and then wrap up the tournament as well. Have a few ugly losses on their resume including Arizona by 20. Also, the Florida Gulf Coast loss by 13... yuck.

My question to you socal, how are your bigs? CU has played very well this year outside of a few teams that have impressive size in the paint. ASU absolutely frustrated the hell out of us like that. If teams don't have a huge size advantage, i'll give us a punchers chance against anybody.

In Tad Boyle we trust!

oubronco
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
I would love to see the Sooners do "SOMETHING" in this year's tourney

canadianbroncosfan
03-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Although I intend to fully support Duke as always, I think St. Louis U has quite the story so I'm all for them going far.

SoCalBronco
03-19-2013, 07:35 PM
As an alum of a WCC school (Loyola Marymount)...I am rooting for St. Mary's to beat MTSU tonight.

Looking forward to the Canes game on Friday.

SoCalBronco
03-19-2013, 07:35 PM
As an alum of a WCC school (Loyola Marymount)...I am rooting for St. Mary's to beat MTSU tonight.

Looking forward to the Canes game on Friday.

oubronco
03-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Marquette looking good so far

oubronco
03-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Miami with 16 first half points and down 13 to Marquette

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah...not playing well so far. Hopefully they can make a second half run.

oubronco
03-28-2013, 05:10 PM
They better have a superior second half Marquette looks pretty good defensively

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 06:05 PM
A sad ending to a great year. ACC Reg and Tourney champs and Sweet 16. Hard to be upset with that even though ending is tough.

Love ya Canes

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 06:05 PM
A sad ending to a great year. ACC Reg and Tourney champs and Sweet 16. Hard to be upset with that even though ending is tough.

Love ya Canes

oubronco
03-28-2013, 06:11 PM
I did not see Marquette putting a beat down on the Canes, this is impressive

oubronco
03-28-2013, 06:23 PM
And Miami goes down

That One Guy
03-28-2013, 06:36 PM
There were times Miami was getting rebounds but their inability to take them back up and score was their downfall. Well, that, and some insane shooting stretches for Marquette.

UberBroncoMan
03-28-2013, 07:51 PM

Love ya Canes

Why don't you have a Lyndon Johnson avatar considering the U for Miami looks like an L J.

That One Guy
03-28-2013, 08:11 PM
So far it looks like Syracuse is bringing back the same gameplan they used against Louisville in the Big East tournament after they built their huge lead.