PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller a true Superman for Broncos

Gutless Drunk
11-14-2012, 06:54 PM
"Around the League Film Room" is a new weekly series that uses Game Rewind and All-22 tape to dig deeper into the play of the NFL's heroes and goats. We open the series with a look at Von Miller.

Von Miller has played the most intriguing football of his young career over the past two weeks. The Denver Broncos' outside linebacker was without equal on the field during Sunday's 36-14 win over the Carolina Panthers.

We're big fans of J.J. Watt around here -- and they aren't the same player (and we'll get into that later) -- but Von Miller belongs in the NFL MVP conversation as much as any player in the game."

Article & Videos at:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094943/article/atl-film-room-von-miller-a-true-superman-for-broncos

Baba Booey
11-14-2012, 07:03 PM
God I love that guy

crush17
11-14-2012, 07:04 PM
This is stupid. They say they're looking at film, and the All 22 views, but all he does is show a couple of highlights anyone can watch and regurgitates some snippets from Jeff Legwold.

Ray Finkle
11-14-2012, 07:13 PM
In before Rev's Peterson grumble, grumble.....

SeedReaver
11-14-2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/10/grumble100607_229x128.jpg

Steve Sewell
11-14-2012, 08:46 PM

Who is Peterson?

LongDongJohnson
11-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Who is Peterson?

Patrick Peterson the guy that we should have drafted instead of miller.

Houshyamama
11-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Patrick Peterson the guy that we should have drafted instead of miller.

Shut the **** up unless you're being sarcastic. If you're being sarcastic then I love you.

CEH
11-14-2012, 11:30 PM
"Around the League Film Room" is a new weekly series that uses Game Rewind and All-22 tape to dig deeper into the play of the NFL's heroes and goats. We open the series with a look at Von Miller.

Von Miller has played the most intriguing football of his young career over the past two weeks. The Denver Broncos' outside linebacker was without equal on the field during Sunday's 36-14 win over the Carolina Panthers.

We're big fans of J.J. Watt around here -- and they aren't the same player (and we'll get into that later) -- but Von Miller belongs in the NFL MVP conversation as much as any player in the game."

Article & Videos at:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094943/article/atl-film-room-von-miller-a-true-superman-for-broncos

Von leads the NFL in tackles for loss at 21
Watt is next at 18
Anytime the defense losses yardage is a good thing right?

Broncos_OTM
11-15-2012, 07:07 AM
But we could have had patrick peterson!!! He has 3 ints this year!!!

TheChamp24
11-15-2012, 08:21 AM
I remember in the draft, I was worried about Von because he lived off of speed and I didn't know how well that would necessarily translate to the NFL.
I wanted Peterson at draft time, excellent CB and return man.

Von has by far exceeded expectations, and is showing he is one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and he has potential to be even better

DENVERDUI55
11-15-2012, 08:56 AM
But we could have had patrick peterson!!! He has 3 ints this year!!!

Watt has caused more INT s than PP. We made right choice taking a player that must be accounted for in both run and pass game.

gyldenlove
11-15-2012, 09:05 AM
The strength of having Von Miller out there is that it changes the whole dynamic between offense and defense. Normally the defense reacts to the offense in terms of alignment and personnel, but with Miller out there the offense is forced to change their alignments and personnel to account for him. That is everything from forcing a TE or RB to stay in and block to having a WR run a short checkdown route instead of running a deep route that could get open against single coverage.

I don't know what the ceiling if for Miller, but if he gets any better than he is now he will be the most dominant defensive player in the league.

Greatspirits
11-15-2012, 09:38 AM
God I love that guy

Me too! He's on the verge of becoming a Derrick Thomas, Lawrence Taylor type of player!

Irish Stout
11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
I can't get over the fact that we have Von and Peyton and they both look like two of the best players at their position... ever. Definitely right now... but really... I can hardly think of who I might take over either guy.

Rock Chalk
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
DPOY discussion:

JJ Watt
Sacks - 10.5
TFL - 18
Stuffs - 9
Forced Fumbles - 0
Passes Defensed: 10

Von Miller
Sacks - 10
TFL - 21
Stuffs - 11
Forced Fumbles - 2
Passes Defensed - 1

Edge still has to go to JJ Watt, but man Von Miller is closing the gap IMO.

baja
11-15-2012, 12:14 PM
DPOY discussion:

JJ Watt
Sacks - 10.5
TFL - 18
Stuffs - 9
Forced Fumbles - 0

Von Miller
Sacks - 10
TFL - 21
Stuffs - 11
Forced Fumbles - 2
Passes Defensed - 1

With our remaining schedule and the way Von is coming on in recent weeks he could be incredible to behold the rest of the season

baja
11-15-2012, 12:17 PM
It is realistic to envision the Broncos in some combination of the DPOY the OPOY the MVP the comeback player of the year and coach of the year.

mkporter
11-15-2012, 01:46 PM
It is realistic to envision the Broncos in some combination of the DPOY the OPOY the MVP the comeback player of the year and coach of the year.

And executive... :Elway:

ZONA
11-15-2012, 04:17 PM
The strength of having Von Miller out there is that it changes the whole dynamic between offense and defense. Normally the defense reacts to the offense in terms of alignment and personnel, but with Miller out there the offense is forced to change their alignments and personnel to account for him. That is everything from forcing a TE or RB to stay in and block to having a WR run a short checkdown route instead of running a deep route that could get open against single coverage.

I don't know what the ceiling if for Miller, but if he gets any better than he is now he will be the most dominant defensive player in the league.

Well said

KipCorrington25
11-15-2012, 10:55 PM
People, please control yourselves, JJ Watt is white, of course you need to double the significance of any of his stats.

lonestar
11-15-2012, 11:04 PM
DPOY discussion:

JJ Watt
Sacks - 10.5
TFL - 18
Stuffs - 9
Forced Fumbles - 0

Von Miller
Sacks - 10
TFL - 21
Stuffs - 11
Forced Fumbles - 2
Passes Defensed - 1

after last weeks performance I'm leaning toward Von as the man for DPOY .
I have loved what Watt has done.

just hoping last week was not because it was such a poor team and that Miller is just coming on strong..

Or perhaps a little of both..

Now if he gets in Rivers face this week that is another story..

TheChamp24
11-16-2012, 05:58 AM
If Von continues what he did last week, he will start to edge Watt.

Seriously though, Watt has 10 passes defended?

SeedReaver
11-16-2012, 06:12 AM
If Von continues what he did last week, he will start to edge Watt.

Seriously though, Watt has 10 passes defended?
Yes, and the copy-cat NFL has all defensive linemen throwing up their hands any chance they get to imitate Watt. DL have largely ignored the importance of the batted pass because they always got attention for sacks instead. Now that Watt is blocking passes AND is a media darling, the rest of the NFL is following suit.

It is unrealistic to think Von can consistently have games like he did last week. If that is where we set our expectations, we will be sorely disappointed. I personally do not think that either player will separate themselves for a clear leader, and the race for DPOY will be neck-and-neck the rest of the season.