PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Jets' players + LG Matt Slausen think Tim Tebow is "terrible"

Action
11-14-2012, 04:26 PM
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/tebowfront-e1352894258766.jpg

As the circus atmosphere surrounding the Jets continues, the front page of today’s New York Daily News declares that Tim Tebow can’t be the starting quarterback because “he’s terrible” — according to one of his own teammates.

That was the word used by a teammate who didn’t want to put his name behind that assessment, but another teammate who was willing to put his name behind his opinions, left guard Matt Slauson, told the Daily News that Mark Sanchez is the Jets’ best quarterback by far.

“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”

Asked about the Jets’ two backup quarterbacks, Tebow and Greg McElroy, Slauson said the Jets really only have one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.

According to the Daily News story, there is no quarterback controversy with the Jets because there is no one in the Jets’ locker room who believes Tebow deserves to start.

“Hell, no!” one starter said. “You got to keep defenses honest. You just can’t line up in the Wildcat all the time. That won’t work.”

Said another teammate, “We can’t win running that sh–.”

After last season ended with the Jets sniping at each other, Jets coach Rex Ryan has said all year that fostering a closer locker room is one of his goals. But it sounds like most of his players aren’t on board with his highest-profile offseason acquisition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/14/jets-teammate-says-tim-tebow-cant-start-because-hes-terrible/

ColoradoDarin
11-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Rex better start Tebow soon:

McD drafts Tebow, doesn't play him outside of gimmicks, gets canned.
Rex brings in Tebow, doesn't play him outside of gimmicks, To Be Continued...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-14-2012, 04:36 PM
LOL and thanks NY Jets for taking that circus with you. "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!"

Atwater His Ass
11-14-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm still a Tebow fan, but he can't out perform the worst starting qb in the league, well, maybe it's time to become a kick ass tight end or something.

ColoradoDarin
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm still a Tebow fan, but he can't out perform the worst starting qb in the league, well, maybe it's time to become a kick ass tight end or something.

ditto. And too much workout warrior, not enough QB work in the off season.

chanesaw
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Put your name on it!!

spiralism
11-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Posted this in another forum but applies here too...

I'm biased cause i love the guy but imo this whole thing has been a disgrace with Tebow. He's been left to rot on the bench behind one of the worst starters in the NFL and has been undermined at every corner, be it his coach, his teammates, his fellow players across the league, the media or the general NFL community. It's not right. What other player has ever been subject to this sort of treatment? Say what you want about his abilities as a passer or his beliefs but he does not deserve on his body of work in the game to be ridiculed and undermined by everyone including the guys supposed to have his back.

I mean, last year Fox and Elway were VERY sceptical on the whole idea and did pull the plug on it with Manning but we did roll with it, the players backed him to the hilt and we certainly weren't disappointed with the results. I fear he wont make it in the NFL simply because too many have bought into the bull**** and he wont ever get a real crack of the whip again. Tbh he made a mistake not going to Jacksonville..

DENVERDUI55
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Truth hurts to teblowers or teabaggers depending on your label of choice. John knew it and shipped him out. Now we are SB contenders.

gunns
11-14-2012, 05:01 PM
The best thing for Tebow, if he doesn't want to play another position, is ship his ass to Jacksonville. They'd love it, they'd profit (short term), and no one would notice how bad of a QB he is there.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-14-2012, 05:14 PM
So when someone labeled it a circus months ago they got ridiculed by irate tebow followers, or as denverdui puts it, teblowers. Fast forward to the middle of the season and that exactly what it looks like. Rex Ryan now calling his own players cowards. The implosion is in full swing.

It can be summed up best last week. 2 times Sanchez was taken off the field for tebow it resulted in 2 false starts by Keller. You don't change QBs in a game. And if he "was never brought here to play starting QB" then what is he? Ryan is very proud of their punt progression.

razorwire77
11-14-2012, 05:16 PM
I'd rather watch Tebow run around and throw up ducks, than whatever you call it that Mark Sanchez has been doing lately.

Cito Pelon
11-14-2012, 05:18 PM

And that's the rub. Dude had to work like crazy to be a real NFl QB, but didn't seem interested in doing that. Ah well, dude turned out to be another one of those guys that came into the NFL thinking he was all that and didn't want to put the work in to improve to NFL level play. Thought it should be handed to him, dumb as a bag of hammers.

Atwater His Ass
11-14-2012, 05:27 PM
And **** man, from an outsiders / neutral perspective, who doesn't want the fun of watching "Tebow time" every week in the last 5 mins of the game?

Ratings and entertainment gold.

NUB
11-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Um, is nobody going to bring up the fact these teammates just slammed their own player like that? I knew the Jets lockerroom was a garbage heap full of cancerous me-first personalities, but damn. Also, there is a difference between a QB and a passer. Tebow might not be a better passer than Sanchez, but he is an infinitely better QB. A leader who doesn't turn the ball over could help the Jets a lot right now, 45% completion rate be damned.

chanesaw
11-14-2012, 05:37 PM
The Jets don't have a Brian Dawkins making sure that nobody makes fun of Tebow.

DBroncos4life
11-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Does anyone think if he stopped talking to the media as much he would be treated better by his teammates? How many back ups get to do post game shows?

Dexter
11-14-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd rather watch Tebow run around and throw up ducks, than whatever you call it that Mark Sanchez has been doing lately.

This. He may be a bad QB, but he is so much fun to watch because you never know what's going to happen good or bad.

If you have a bad QB like Sanchez, Orton last year for us, or Gabbert in Jacksonville, just play the guy.

Tebow is a dumbass for not choosing Jacksonville, and while I think his teammates are chicken**** for not putting their name on the garbage they are spewing, he really walked into this. His people convinced him to go to a larger market for his religious reasons, versus playing in a place that would embrace him for a couple of years.

baja
11-14-2012, 06:01 PM

I'm biased cause i love the guy but imo this whole thing has been a disgrace with Tebow. He's been left to rot on the bench behind one of the worst starters in the NFL and has been undermined at every corner, be it his coach, his teammates, his fellow players across the league, the media or the general NFL community. It's not right. What other player has ever been subject to this sort of treatment? Say what you want about his abilities as a passer or his beliefs but he does not deserve on his body of work in the game to be ridiculed and undermined by everyone including the guys supposed to have his back.

I mean, last year Fox and Elway were VERY sceptical on the whole idea and did pull the plug on it with Manning but we did roll with it, the players backed him to the hilt and we certainly weren't disappointed with the results. I fear he wont make it in the NFL simply because too many have bought into the bull**** and he wont ever get a real crack of the whip again. Tbh he made a mistake not going to Jacksonville..

I like Tim Tebow too but just maybe they are not undermining him, just maybe he is a not very good at the quarter back position. At some point you have got to consider that.

Requiem
11-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Tim Tebow should have been a monk.

HorseHead
11-14-2012, 06:10 PM
That team is a joke...they're terrible...

errand
11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
As the circus atmosphere surrounding the Jets continues, the front page of today’s New York Daily News declares that Mark Sanchez can’t be the starting quarterback because “he’s terrible” — according to one of his own teammates.

That was the word used by a teammate who didn’t want to put his name behind that assessment, but another teammate who was willing to put his name behind his opinions, left guard Matt Slauson, told the Daily News that Tim Tebow is the Jets’ best quarterback by far.

“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Tim. We don’t really have a choice.”

Asked about the Jets’ two backup quarterbacks, Sanchez and Greg McElroy, Slauson said the Jets really only have one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an playboy,” Slauson said.

According to the Daily News story, there is no quarterback controversy with the Jets because there is no one in the Jets’ locker room who believes Sanchez deserves to start.

“Hell, no!” one starter said. “You got to keep defenses honest. You just can’t line up in the pro set all the time. That won’t work.”

After last season ended with the Jets sniping at each other, Jets coach Rex Ryan has said all year that fostering a closer locker room is one of his goals. But it sounds like most of his players aren’t on board with his highest-profile offseason acquisition.

I changed the names in the article....so tell me how is it those who are called haters would laugh just as much had the story read like this, and yet the nuthuggers only get pissed when the QB being criticized is named Tebow?

errand
11-14-2012, 06:27 PM
I like Tim Tebow too but just maybe they are not undermining him, just maybe he is not very good at the quarter back position. At some point you have got to consider that.

LOL....while this is closer to reality than any other take others have, you're crazy if you think any of the nuthugging legion of Tebow fans will ever admit this.

What's funny is that had this article been about Orton, Russell, Cassell, Gabbert, Quinn, or Sanchez, they'd be rolling on the floor laughing their asses off at the guy being blasted by his team, and not one of those excuses they give for Tebow's shortcomings would be uttered by them to excuse any other QB's shortcomings

RhymesayersDU
11-14-2012, 06:31 PM

And that's the rub. Dude had to work like crazy to be a real NFl QB, but didn't seem interested in doing that. Ah well, dude turned out to be another one of those guys that came into the NFL thinking he was all that and didn't want to put the work in to improve to NFL level play. Thought it should be handed to him, dumb as a bag of hammers.

You know what else is cool? Unicorns exist. Really, they do.

I thought I'd join the conversation by making things up off the top of my head too.

There's zero evidence that the guy isn't trying to get better. It's far more likely that he's just not good enough. But hey, keep making things up as they pop into your heads.

crush17
11-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Put him at tight end and be done with it.

LongDongJohnson
11-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Thank god elway sent that garbage out of town. Surprised we got a 4th rounder when in reality hes not even worth a seventh.

maher_tyler
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't take one player on that team and put them on the Broncos. How are you going to throw your own teammate under the bus to the media even if what they say is true?? That organization is a joke.

RedskinBronco
11-14-2012, 07:05 PM
I don't know. This just seems like a lot of Tebow hate to me just because he gets all the endorsements and the poor jets players are getting jealous. EVERYONE knows he is ****ty player in practice and has coaches going "you got to be kidding me" during the week.

But let's give him credit. He produces and wins when it matters, gameday. Say what you will, but like skip bayless famously said "he's a winner"

I am still a Tebow supporter. Of course getting Manning is a no brainer, duh! HOWEVER, Tebow will always trump Sanchez in my eyes. Sanchez is polar opposite of Tebow. He has tools and can't do **** because he is not a winner.

Give Tebow a chance. On second thought, don't give him a chance because I am not even sure he could do well in that **** show of an environment. When he gets traded or let go, he will prove himself with some other team.

So to summarize, I am glad the Broncos have Manning but I will always support Tebow because he is a winner, unlike a lot of these ****ing loser jets suddenly talking in the media.

CEH
11-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Paging urban Meyer
Please get an nfl job so Tim can play qb

Gutless Drunk
11-14-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't know. This just seems like a lot of Tebow hate to me just because he gets all the endorsements and the poor jets players are getting jealous. EVERYONE knows he is ****ty player in practice and has coaches going "you got to be kidding me" during the week.

But let's give him credit. He produces and wins when it matters, gameday. Say what you will, but like skip bayless famously said "he's a winner"

I am still a Tebow supporter. Of course getting Manning is a no brainer, duh! HOWEVER, Tebow will always trump Sanchez in my eyes. Sanchez is polar opposite of Tebow. He has tools and can't do **** because he is not a winner.

Give Tebow a chance. On second thought, don't give him a chance because I am not even sure he could do well in that **** show of an environment. When he gets traded or let go, he will prove himself with some other team.

So to summarize, I am glad the Broncos have Manning but I will always support Tebow because he is a winner, unlike a lot of these ****ing loser jets suddenly talking in the media.

.563 % of time he is "a winner"

.438 % of the time he is "a loser"

So is he just "a winner"?

Archer81
11-14-2012, 07:38 PM
http://tinyurl.com/bjnj42v

DONT CARE!

:Broncos:

cmhargrove
11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
If Sanchez gets dinged up, it will be so interesting to see how this all goes down. Especially if Tebow starts winning games...

I'm glad we got Manning, and haven't been this excited about our team in a long time, but Tebow just gets an unfair rap. Great, hard working team player. He deserves his shot, especially with how bad things are going for that crap hole offense.

DenverBroncosJM
11-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Ahh figures.. Tebow thread all the haters come out of the woodwork.

DBroncos4life
11-14-2012, 08:04 PM

LOL it was such a positive Tebow thread from the jump too. Damn haters

errand
11-14-2012, 08:56 PM
but Tebow just gets an unfair rap. Great, hard working team player. He deserves his shot, especially with how bad things are going for that crap hole offense.

Lots of reasons to like him personally....but he leaves a lot to be desired as an NFL QB....and his legion of fans are just whack jobs.

And why does he "deserve" a chance? Shouldn't he have to impress his coaches with running their offense and "earn" his chance? That's like saying Dan Marino deserved to win a SB......

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-14-2012, 09:06 PM

And if he was doing great I'm sure McGruder KOSK and the rest of the circus freaks would be in here throwin the words I told you so up and down this thread.

It's good being right.

BroncoFanDoug
11-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Wow still so much emotion around this. And not sure I get it. Let me ask this -

all you Tebow haters, was last year not fantastic? Winning all those games in the last minute and Tebow often doing crazy stuff to get it done? You don't have fond memories of it??

All you Tebow lovers - is there any question that the only way he could succeed long term would be for you to build the team around him totally? Do you think it would work long term? Could a QB that is supposed to throw the ball survive running that much? Aren't you glad we have PFM?

Don't really understand the uber hate or uber love that much...

RedskinBronco
11-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Wow still so much emotion around this. And I guess I understand. Let me ask this -

all you Tebow haters, was last year not fantastic? Winning all those games in the last minute and Tebow often doing crazy stuff to get it done? You don't have fond memories of it??

All you Tebow lovers - is there any question that the only way he could succeed long term would be for you to build the team around him totally? Do you think it would work long term? Could a QB that is supposed to throw the ball survive running that much? Aren't you glad we have PFM?

I honestly see myself as just supporting the guy (maybe because of all the jealous hating that goes on).

I don't love Tebow because I know he is limited, but if you gave me a choice between Tebow and Sanchez I am going with Tebow.

Let's give the guy credit for last season and let's be happy we now have a QB who will go down as one of the best ever to play the game. Can't complain as a Broncos fan. I just get tired of the Tebow trashing; especially from Broncos fans. The man gave us a great season last year AND he lead the team past the ****ing pittsburgh steelers. I will always root for him just for those reasons alone and yet I still know that we are better with Peyton obviously but I am not going to sit here and say **** Tebow. He did nothing but good for this organization. He doesn't deserve the petty bull ****, especially from loser teammates that are just good at, well...losing.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Wow still so much emotion around this. And I guess I understand. Let me ask this -

all you Tebow haters, was last year not fantastic? Winning all those games in the last minute and Tebow often doing crazy stuff to get it done? You don't have fond memories of it??.

The last 3 games of the regular season sealed it for me. it was painful to watch so many 0 point quarters. 3 and outs. Seeing a QB only throw it 8 times in a game. That's ugly football. Then I looked over the comebacks and how we actually got into the playoffs. Instead of seeing tebow win against Chicago like tebow lovers do, I saw Marion Barber giving us the win. Instead of letting Tebows KC game slide, I saw rivers having to bail him out in the afternoon on that Sunday. I just don't see him as a starting QB.

Bronco X
11-14-2012, 09:19 PM
I agree Tebow is getting a bad rap. And I'm not a fan. I loved the run last year and the playoff win, but I knew it was a "6-0 McD" style flash in the pan. Still, what's the worst that can be said about him? He is a limited QB? There are far less talented players who have played QB who have been far less fun to watch. He uses the NFL as a platform to espouse his religious views? I don't agree with his views but I don't care, and there have been athletes who have used the platform to express far more asinine sentiments.

It seems most of the vitriol directed at him is more aptly directed at his biggest fans, but it's not really much a mystery why he has so many fans. I mean that run last year was truly remarkable and even if it was a flash in the pan, there was something legitimately special about it.

The Jets players throwing him under the bus may have legitimate gripe with the chorus of fans and media wanting Tebow to play more, but they should direct it at where it's coming from. It's pretty lowball to direct their ire at a teammate who isn't even playing.

RedskinBronco
11-14-2012, 09:21 PM
I agree Tebow is getting a bad rap. And I'm not a fan. I loved the run last year and the playoff win, but I knew it was a "6-0 McD" style flash in the pan. Still, what's the worst that can be said about him? He is a limited QB? There are far less talented players who have played QB who have been far less fun to watch. He uses the NFL as a platform to espouse his religious views? I don't agree with his views but I don't care, and there have been athletes who have used the platform to express far more asinine sentiments.

It seems most of the vitriol directed at him is more aptly directed at his biggest fans, but it's not really much a mystery why he has so many fans. I mean that run last year was truly remarkable and even if it was a flash in the pan, there was something legitimately special about it.

The Jets players throwing him under the bus may have legitimate gripe with the chorus of fans and media wanting Tebow to play more, but they should direct it at where it's coming from. It's pretty lowball to direct their ire at a teammate who isn't even playing.

very well said, IMO

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-14-2012, 09:27 PM

Pretty dam good post

SeedReaver
11-14-2012, 09:30 PM

Post more.

Bacchus
11-14-2012, 09:40 PM
As the circus atmosphere surrounding the Jets continues, the front page of today’s New York Daily News declares that Tim Tebow can’t be the starting quarterback because “he’s terrible” — according to one of his own teammates.

In other news the sky is blue.

errand
11-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Wow still so much emotion around this. And not sure I get it. Let me ask this -

Sure winning those games was great.....but his contributions to our team were no more impressive than Bubby Brister keeping the Ferrari out of the ditch by going 4-0 keeping the Broncos quest of a perfect season intact or when Gus Frerotte went 5-1 down the stretch after we were 6-4....

In his six games (5 starts) Gus led the Broncos to 5 wins...scored 38 points in 4 of them (scored 38 in 3 consecutive games too) and came off the bench to win Mile High Stadium's final game....but he was ineffective vs. the Raven juggernaut D (who the **** wasn't?) and has been ripped on here mercilessly by the majority of members.....

I guess you're only as good as your last game as a Bronco. At least Gus could throw the damn ball adequately...

As for what they honestly think.....go back and read some of those threads about whether or not we should even pursue Manning, and the venom they spewed at Elway after we did sign Manning...not to mention there were about 50 members who wanted Tebow to be our starter in 2012 instead of Manning.

I understand why those you say "hate" him have issues with his inability to throw the ball very well....but agree I too cannot understand the love for him as a passer.

In Bold

ghwk
11-14-2012, 09:45 PM

Please don't make it to 237 posts.

broncocalijohn
11-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Amazing how there are so many bad players/QBs and the Jets jump all over a backup QB. Is it because they know that Mark Sanchez isn't doing ****? They seem to back him up, which is understandable, but would run over a backup. It isn't Tebow's fault the Jets suck ass. I have no problem with the teammates backing their starter. It is some of them that think calling out another QB as if that still protects the starter. Guess what? Sanchez still sucking ass. Deal with that Jets players!

cutthemdown
11-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Last yr at this point the Jets players were throwing Sanchez under the bus. This yr they don't want to because they hate tebow.

TheChamp24
11-15-2012, 07:33 AM
The thing with Tebow to me, and I'll say it time and time again, you have to have a very specific offense for him. Spread option with great run blocking and decent RB's, and then WR's who are quick.
Tebow will never be a fantastic passer, but put him in the right situation and it could work. COULD work, he won't succeed in any type of normal offense what so ever.

I'm glad we have Manning, a huge upgrade over Tebow of course, but there is no denying that we had a very fun and exciting season with Tebow last year.

TonyR
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Elway said he believes moving on from Tebow to a more traditional quarterback was the right move.

“I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans,” he said. “My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that’s win championships."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2012/11/14/john-elway-wins-with-peyton-manning-not-tim-tebow/1705685/

baja
11-15-2012, 11:33 AM
http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/5ac404ff528fce6b99fe1b9c9cd7fc21_large

orangemonkey
11-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Meh. It was a collective team effort that made for an exciting end to last years season. Tebow was mostly a gimmick. Manning aside, I'm very happy Tebow is gone.

Dedhed
11-15-2012, 12:11 PM
“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”[/B]

Asked about the Jets’ two backup quarterbacks, Tebow and Greg McElroy, Slauson said the Jets really only have one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.

According to the Daily News story, there is no quarterback controversy with the Jets because there is no one in the Jets’ locker room who believes Tebow deserves to start.

“Hell, no!” one starter said. “You got to keep defenses honest. You just can’t line up in the Wildcat all the time. That won’t work.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/14/jets-teammate-says-tim-tebow-cant-start-because-hes-terrible/
Pretty much every one of those quotes could apply to the Orton/Tebow comparisons from last year. We all saw how that turned out.

Fedaykin
11-15-2012, 12:35 PM
When Tebow puts his pride aside and moves to a position suited to his talents, he will be an all pro. Until then, his career is on life support.

That One Guy
11-15-2012, 04:05 PM
I said it last year and I still believe it - When McGahee made his comments about the team being more than just Tebow (don't remember the exact words), he was showing that the players resented being the Denver Tebows. I think the Jets resent the same thing and the OP article is just that resentment surfacing.

And as for whether the run was fun last year, it wasn't for me. I enjoy watching good football and it was usually 55 minutes of bad football. I equate the finish to flipping heads 10 times in a row. We just happened to get VERY lucky at the ends of games. The Chicago game with Barber repeatedly messing up is a prime example. Tebow didn't do that, we just got lucky as hell.

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Feel sorry for anybody that couldn't enjoy the ride last season. There will never be another one like it, and hitting that pass in OT to put PIT away was epic.

Kaylore
11-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Love or hate Tebow, at the end of the day the guy isn't substantively better that he was coming out of the draft. He still takes too long to read defenses, can't throw a timing pass and his short passes are inaccurate. I am grateful for the first playoff win in half a decade, but with as long and as hard as we's worked on everything, he should be WAYYYY better than he is. If he had any ability to play at the pro-level, for the time he's put in, it should have showed up by now.

And before any of you say "he never got a fair shot" that's a lie. He's gotten way more than all the other system QB's get.

DENVERDUI55
11-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Love Tebow as a person couldn't stand him as our QB. As Kaylore said above then the offseason interview with DT and other players you could tell they didn't think the guy can play NFL qb. We rode an amazing streak and it was fun but you knew the end result was going to be a trainwreck.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 04:46 PM
I said it last year and I still believe it - When McGahee made his comments about the team being more than just Tebow (don't remember the exact words), he was showing that the players resented being the Denver Tebows. I think the Jets resent the same thing and the OP article is just that resentment surfacing.

And as for whether the run was fun last year, it wasn't for me. I enjoy watching good football and it was usually 55 minutes of bad football. I equate the finish to flipping heads 10 times in a row. We just happened to get VERY lucky at the ends of games. The Chicago game with Barber repeatedly messing up is a prime example. Tebow didn't do that, we just got lucky as hell.

But what about Tebow going 18/24 for 191 yards in 4th Q and OT? No you'll just gloss over that, because he sucks or prevent or whatever fits your preconceived conclusions. I'm sure you fault Tebow for hitting DT right in the gut in the endzone because, you know, DT dropped it. So does Tebow get any credit from you? Nope, nothing.

That's the thing I don't get, Tebow showed flashes, but people don't credit him for that. OTOH, people who love Tebow say he needs work. Therefore, I credit Tebow lovers as more level headed than the haters. I saw the same sh!t play from Orton with a bunch of losses instead of wins, but he had a ton of garbage time stats... I don't know about you, but I"ll take ugly wins over pretty losses any day (and even better this year, because pretty wins are the best!).

DENVERDUI55
11-15-2012, 04:54 PM
But what about Tebow going 18/24 for 191 yards in 4th Q and OT? No you'll just gloss over that, because he sucks or prevent or whatever fits your preconceived conclusions. I'm sure you fault Tebow for hitting DT right in the gut in the endzone because, you know, DT dropped it. So does Tebow get any credit from you? Nope, nothing.

That's the thing I don't get, Tebow showed flashes, but people don't credit him for that. OTOH, people who love Tebow say he needs work. Therefore, I credit Tebow lovers as more level headed than the haters. I saw the same **** play from Orton with a bunch of losses instead of wins, but he had a ton of garbage time stats... I don't know about you, but I"ll take ugly wins over pretty losses any day (and even better this year, because pretty wins are the best!).

Orton was shipped out of town too. There was more luck and breaks going our way than TT making plays. As DT said yeah he made a few but let's be honest he couldn't beat a bad KC team when the D held them to 7 pts.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Orton was shipped out of town too. There was more luck and breaks going our way than TT making plays. As DT said yeah he made a few but let's be honest he couldn't beat a bad KC team when the D held them to 7 pts.

So Tebow never made any plays at all last year? I swear we won a playoff game with Tebow throwing the ball, did I go into a coma and miss that?

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 05:08 PM

That's the thing I don't get, Tebow showed flashes, but people don't credit him for that. OTOH, people who love Tebow say he needs work. Therefore, I credit Tebow lovers as more level headed than the haters. I saw the same **** play from Orton with a bunch of losses instead of wins, but he had a ton of garbage time stats... I don't know about you, but I"ll take ugly wins over pretty losses any day (and even better this year, because pretty wins are the best!).

What about his teammates that play with him that keep calling him bad? Are the lovers more level headed then the guys that play the game?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Love or hate Tebow, at the end of the day the guy isn't substantively better that he was coming out of the draft. He still takes too long to read defenses, can't throw a timing pass and his short passes are inaccurate. I am grateful for the first playoff win in half a decade, but with as long and as hard as we's worked on everything, he should be WAYYYY better than he is. If he had any ability to play at the pro-level, for the time he's put in, it should have showed up by now.

And before any of you say "he never got a fair shot" that's a lie. He's gotten way more than all the other system QB's get.
Ditto.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 05:47 PM
What about his teammates that play with him that keep calling him bad? Are the lovers more level headed then the guys that play the game?

I would say that the majority of his former teammates who has spoken publicly have given him credit *and* said he needed a lot of work on his passing... It's not an either/or.

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 06:07 PM
I would say that the majority of his former teammates who has spoken publicly have given him credit *and* said he needed a lot of work on his passing... It's not an either/or.

OK and the Jets players???

DENVERDUI55
11-15-2012, 06:50 PM
So Tebow never made any plays at all last year? I swear we won a playoff game with Tebow throwing the ball, did I go into a coma and miss that?

I didn't say any I said like Thomas said a few plays. Thomas won that game more than Timmy less than 50 % tebow.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 07:03 PM
OK and the Jets players???

He's starting for the Jets?

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 07:05 PM
He's starting for the Jets?

Oh so as long as he isn't starting you can talk **** about him and not be a hater. So can I bash him now and not be a hater?

rbackfactory80
11-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh so as long as he isn't starting you can talk **** about him and not be a hater. So can I bash him now and not be a hater?

Dude, you went from a hater-> creep->stalker->super creepy stalker-> extremely stupid creepy freak show stalker-> obsessed super creepy freak show creaper-> sick demented obsessed super creapy freak show creaper with no testes.

And don't play the lame I'm stalking you card. It's beat.

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Dude, you went from a hater-> creep->stalker->super creepy stalker-> extremely stupid creepy freak show stalker-> obsessed super creepy freak show creaper-> sick demented obsessed super creapy freak show creaper with no testes.

And don't play the lame I'm stalking you card. It's beat.

I'm sorry me thinking Tebow sucks hurts you this much. Anything I can do to repair our relationship?

rbackfactory80
11-15-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry me thinking Tebow sucks hurts you this much. Anything I can do to repair our relationship?

See I don't care what you think, everyone has an opinion. It's just you repeat the same thing over and over. You aren't breaking new ground and I can assure you every single poster on this site understands your take on Tebow.

As for our relationship, sure, just stfu once in a while. We can be buddy ole pals once again.

yerner
11-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Poor Tebow. dude brings this all on himself and pretends not to.

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 07:26 PM
See I don't care what you think, everyone has an opinion. It's just you repeat the same thing over and over. You aren't breaking new ground and I can assure you every single poster on this site understands your take on Tebow.

As for our relationship, sure, just stfu once in a while. We can be buddy ole pals once again.
Hate to break it to you if there is a Tebow thread on the Mane I might post in it. If players are calling him bad I was just wondering what group they fall in.

As for us being buddies, I don't care a thing about you Ha! Thanks for letting me know what gets you hot and bothered though. ;D

baja
11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
How many weeks in a row has a thread on the main page had the word Tebow in it???

rbackfactory80
11-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Hate to break it to you if there is a Tebow thread on the Mane I might post in it. If players are calling him bad I was just wondering what group they fall in.

As for us being buddies, I don't care a thing about you Ha! Thanks for letting me know what gets you hot and bothered though. ;D

Have your water checked...srs

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-15-2012, 07:31 PM
How many weeks in a row has a thread on the main page had the word Tebow in it???

It's pretty simple. If he was playing great would these threads get buried and disappear?

ghwk
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM

This.

baja
11-15-2012, 07:34 PM
It's pretty simple. If he was playing great would these threads get buried and disappear?

Do you really think so?

He's a punt protector on an AFC East team.

I think there would be more

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Do you really think so?

He's a punt protector on an AFC East team.

I think there would be more

I think if he was playing great there would be threads all over, with the phrase "I told you so" littered throughout them.

baja
11-15-2012, 07:39 PM
I think if he was playing great there would be threads all over, with the phrase "I told you so" littered throughout them.

Oh I see the Tebow sucks threads would be replaced by I told ya so threads.

I agree.

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM

I would be eating lots of those ;D Still I see posters like that KO5K guy pop back when Manning throws a pick or we when we got behind to the Chargers.

That One Guy
11-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Do you remember that guy that kicked a 65 yd field goal for the Broncos like 5 or 10 years ago? Me either.

The league is about consistency. It's not enough to be good sometimes. Tebow was good sometimes but even being good half the time isn't enough if the bad portion is just atrociously bad. At many times, Tebow was atrociously bad.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Do you remember that guy that kicked a 65 yd field goal for the Broncos like 5 or 10 years ago? Me either.

The league is about consistency. It's not enough to be good sometimes. Tebow was good sometimes but even being good half the time isn't enough if the bad portion is just atrociously bad. At many times, Tebow was atrociously bad.

Probably not since Elam is tied for the NFL record at 63 yards... ;D

And I don't disagree with the rest of it. Tebow looked a lot like a project who was thrown in to start too early (he still looks like that, but that's the Jets problem now). Can Tebow develop still? I used to think so, but have a lot more doubt this year, especially given the team he went to.

errand
11-15-2012, 08:09 PM

Sure he did...now let me ask you if any of his team mates made plays as well? Because all we heard from the nuthugging legion of clowns that adored him was the OL sucked, the WR's sucked, the coaches, FO, and playcalling sucked, the defense sucked....

And after he was jettisoned they stepped up their attacks on those aforementioned team mates and coaching staff and FO (and those that supported the decision) Not to mention they dismissed the FA's like Tamme, Dreesen, Stokley, Adams, Porter, Leonhard, Koppen, etc.that Elway brought in as being the dregs available because Elway waited on Manning's decision

And yet now this team-

[]has been in EVERY ****ing game

[]is a top 10 team in offense and defense,

[]and is in 1st place, a SB favorite in most NFL media type's opinions and poised to take a potential 3 game lead in the AFC West despite having the same two WR's, FO, coaching staff, HC and bottom feeder FA's that were constantly bitched about on here by the likes of those loyal to Tebow.

so tell us.... how is that possible?

That One Guy
11-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Probably not since Elam is tied for the NFL record at 63 yards... ;D

And I don't disagree with the rest of it. Tebow looked a lot like a project who was thrown in to start too early (he still looks like that, but that's the Jets problem now). Can Tebow develop still? I used to think so, but have a lot more doubt this year, especially given the team he went to.

Asswipe.

DENVER (AP) Swedish kicker Ola Kimrin, who has little chance of sticking with the Denver Broncos with Jason Elam in front of him, made a 65-yard field goal Thursday night against Seattle.

The Broncos had the ball at the Seattle 48 with 7 seconds left in the first half, when Jarious Jackson threw the ball out of bounds to set up a final play.

The crowd stirred as Kimrin ran out to attempt the kick from his own 45, then let out a huge roar when the ball sailed through the uprights with a few yards to spare as time expired.

Kimrin was mobbed by teammates as he ran toward the sideline, and Denver tight end Shannon Sharpe grabbed the ball and gave it to him as they left the field.

Elam hit a 63-yard field goal in 1998 to tie Tom Dempsey for the longest field goal in league history. Exhibition games do not count in the league record book.

Kimrin led NFL Europe in field goals this year with 12 for Frankfurt. His long was 52 yards.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/5654292

errand
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM

almost as many weeks as Dark Side of the moon was on the charts?

Taco John
11-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Frankly, I'd start Tebow at this point if I was Rex. He's already lost the team. What more does he have to lose?

That One Guy
11-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Frankly, I'd start Tebow at this point if I was Rex. He's already lost the team. What more does he have to lose?

PFT pointed out the backlash that would come with Tebow success at this point. Rather than be happy with some success, too many would point at him standing by Sanchez for too long and call it a coaching failure as they played the wrong guy.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Sure he did...now let me ask you if any of his team mates made plays as well? Because all we heard from the nuthugging legion of clowns that adored him was the OL sucked, the WR's sucked, the coaches, FO, and playcalling sucked, the defense sucked....

And after he was jettisoned they stepped up their attacks on those aforementioned team mates and coaching staff and FO (and those that supported the decision) Not to mention they dismissed the FA's like Tamme, Dreesen, Stokley, Adams, Porter, Leonhard, Koppen, etc.that Elway brought in as being the dregs available because Elway waited on Manning's decision

And yet now this team-

[]has been in EVERY ****ing game

[]is a top 10 team in offense and defense,

[]and is in 1st place, a SB favorite in most NFL media type's opinions and poised to take a potential 3 game lead in the AFC West despite having the same two WR's, FO, coaching staff, HC and bottom feeder FA's that were constantly b****ed about on here by the likes of those loyal to Tebow.

so tell us.... how is that possible?

Yes, other people made plays (a lot of them in fact), that's been my entire point. It's like the football is a team game or something.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Asswipe.

DENVER (AP) Swedish kicker Ola Kimrin, who has little chance of sticking with the Denver Broncos with Jason Elam in front of him, made a 65-yard field goal Thursday night against Seattle.

The Broncos had the ball at the Seattle 48 with 7 seconds left in the first half, when Jarious Jackson threw the ball out of bounds to set up a final play.

The crowd stirred as Kimrin ran out to attempt the kick from his own 45, then let out a huge roar when the ball sailed through the uprights with a few yards to spare as time expired.

Kimrin was mobbed by teammates as he ran toward the sideline, and Denver tight end Shannon Sharpe grabbed the ball and gave it to him as they left the field.

Elam hit a 63-yard field goal in 1998 to tie Tom Dempsey for the longest field goal in league history. Exhibition games do not count in the league record book.

Kimrin led NFL Europe in field goals this year with 12 for Frankfurt. His long was 52 yards.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/5654292

Preseason.

errand
11-15-2012, 08:31 PM

His job? LOL

All kidding aside you're right, how much worse could it get?

errand
11-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Yes, other people made plays (a lot of them in fact), that's been my entire point. It's like the football is a team game or something.

So why were we deluged with a plethora of bitching about the talent on this team for those months prior to this season starting? I mean we were all led to believe it was due to Tebow "revolutionizing the QB position"

Jekyll15Hyde
11-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Another quality thread watching ColoradoDarin get owned.

Go on...

Taco John
11-15-2012, 08:41 PM
PFT pointed out the backlash that would come with Tebow success at this point. Rather than be happy with some success, too many would point at him standing by Sanchez for too long and call it a coaching failure as they played the wrong guy.

Doesn't matter, he's set up to lose his job either way.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 08:45 PM
So why were we deluged with a plethora of b****ing about the talent on this team for those months prior to this season starting? I mean we were all led to believe it was due to Tebow "revolutionizing the QB position"

Because McGruder posted about a thousand times a day.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Another quality thread watching ColoradoDarin get owned.

Go on...

What part do you disagree with? You don't think Tebow helped win games last year? Or that the rest of the team helped win games as well?

baja
11-15-2012, 08:52 PM

God wants Tebow to play quarter back in New York. It is written.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-15-2012, 09:03 PM
What part do you disagree with? You don't think Tebow helped win games last year? Or that the rest of the team helped win games as well?

Your take shows you dont understand the concept of the 'law of averages.' He was 3 plays that were outside of his control that made him would have lose each of those games. Instead of the 7-4 record he has as a starter, replaying those games the vast majority of the time results in a 4-7 record.

I see a 4-7 QB with very limited upside. Apparently 30 other teams think similarly as well and 1 was only interested because they put a tarp over the upper deck of their stadium. The other seems that the owner had a hard on for him while the football people wanted to pass.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Your take shows you dont understand the concept of the 'law of averages.' He was 3 plays that were outside of his control that made him would have lose each of those games. Instead of the 7-4 record he has as a starter, replaying those games the vast majority of the time results in a 4-7 record.

I see a 4-7 QB with very limited upside. Apparently 30 other teams think similarly as well and 1 was only interested because they put a tarp over the upper deck of their stadium. The other seems that the owner had a hard on for him while the football people wanted to pass.

I already answered the "luck" factor back in post #60. Try to keep up.

Kaylore
11-15-2012, 09:07 PM

Yeah the ships going down. He's probably worried about losing the locker room, but losing games gets you fired.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-15-2012, 09:14 PM
I already answered the "luck" factor back in post #60. Try to keep up.

I am enjoying keeping up with you getting owned in this thread...

errand
11-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Because McGruder posted about a thousand times a day.

He was one of the leaders...but not the only one who posted that drivel.

Look I don't expect you to take my word for it. Read those old threads.....read how they tried to dismiss Manning's ability to win with this team, read how stupid the coaching staff and FO were...read how stupid other posters were for saying what everyone is witnessing this team accomplish....

and the majorioty of those attacks came from those whack job fans of his who thought he was the sole reason this team did anything last year, as he revolutionized the QB position.

errand
11-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah the ships going down. He's probably worried about losing the locker room, but losing games gets you fired.

The Jets are already losing games.....and quite frankly I have no idea why he doesn't bench the underachievers and play the bench warmers...either way, same result...another Jets loss.

BroncoFanDoug
11-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Sure winning those games was great.....but his contributions to our team were no more impressive than Bubby Brister keeping the Ferrari out of the ditch by going 4-0 keeping the Broncos quest of a perfect season intact or when Gus Frerotte went 5-1 down the stretch after we were 6-4....

In his six games (5 starts) Gus led the Broncos to 5 wins...scored 38 points in 4 of them (scored 38 in 3 consecutive games too) and came off the bench to win Mile High Stadium's final game....but he was ineffective vs. the Raven juggernaut D (who the **** wasn't?) and has been ripped on here mercilessly by the majority of members.....

I guess you're only as good as your last game as a Bronco. At least Gus could throw the damn ball adequately...

See, this is what I don't get. I understand you think Tebow is not a great passer - I agreed with you. I understand you don't think his style can work long time, I agreed with that too. And it's certainly you prerogative if you did not find last year as amazingly fun as I did.

But why do you hate Tebow so much (and your whole tone screams it)? Your hate is as irrational to me as the love of the Tebow faithful. Just don't get it.

DENVERDUI55
11-15-2012, 10:14 PM

I would too if the fans were actually calling for him. There is no need to shut them up because they aren't screaming for him like we were here.

baja
11-15-2012, 10:17 PM
See, this is what I don't get. I understand you think Tebow is not a great passer - I agreed with you. I understand you don't think his style can work long time, I agreed with that too. And it's certainly you prerogative if you did not find last year as amazingly fun as I did.

But why do you hate Tebow so much (and your whole tone screams it)? Your hate is as irrational to me as the love of the Tebow faithful. Just don't get it.

It's deeply rooted in the subconscious. It is based on the hero archetype who happens to be a religious figure as well. ;D

It really has nothing to do with football, the game is merely the stage.

errand
11-15-2012, 10:32 PM

I'll argue that it's not hatred for Tebow ...but hatred of his whack job fans who trashed this team defending their hero.

For months this place has been subjected to their venom dismissing the other players on this team, FO, and coaching staff. And now they have the nerve to act surprised that Manning has helped bring to reality Elway's vision of this team.

KipCorrington25
11-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Hey, Woody Boner didn't sign up for 3-6 so some heads are gonna roll.

gunns
11-16-2012, 07:18 AM

I find it reprehensible what the cowardly Jets players are doing to one of their own. But I also believe that the media has created part of the problem for Tebow and that part is his fault too. As someone mentioned, what backup is part of the press conference. Not to mention all the other media exposure that he jumps right into. He's very good at mentioning his teammates in victory. Why not tell the press to talk to those teammates instead. I'm sure his teammates, here and there, want a teammate instead of a novelty that has no problem stepping in the spot light when it isn't deserved.

Here in Denver he garnered the majority of the exposure while everyone threw the OL and the WR's under the bus for not "helping" him more. We found that wasn't the case. Maybe he's using the exposure to spread his "message". If that's the case, go into another business. While his teammates should keep any discord in house, Tebow only has to look in the mirror for a big part of the problem.

cutthemdown
11-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Way too late for Tebow now. If he won some games it would make coaches look like they waited too long for the switch.

TonyR
11-16-2012, 07:35 AM
"Gimmick" QB's get figured out. Look at Michael Vick. A far more talented gimmick QB than Tebow. He was very good early in his career but got figured out. He came back in 2010 with the Eagles and played lights out football for the first 3/4 of that year, a smarter, more mature version of his former self with better coaching. But then he settled back to the mean a little bit the last 1/4 of that season. He was so good overall that the Eagles threw a huge pile of money at him. His average (or worse) play carried into 2011 and now 2012 to the point where the Eagles will cut him loose after this season.

Tebow will never replicate the success he had with the Broncos last year. He had some small bursts of good play that was somehow good enough for the Broncos to pull out some wins against some mostly mediocre (or worse) opponents. But if you were watching without Tebow sunbeams glinting into your eyes you could see that he was mostly awful and that opponents were mostly figuring him out. You can catch opponents off guard with that stuff every now and again but you can't base an offense off of that garbage. Elway and Fox knew it. Fans who weren't worshipping at the Tebow altar knew it. And every other team in the league knew it, including the Jets who don't seem to be in any hurry to insert him as the starter.

You Tebow lovers need to get over it. Great kid. Provided some great moments last year. But not an NFL QB.

oubronco
11-16-2012, 07:51 AM
A guy who's "Revolutionizing the QB position" as the punt protector on the Jets is being called terrible by his teammates on 2 different teams and hasn't improved at all while supposedly working intensely all offseason and year long with QB guru's is really being screwed over because he sucks at what he's supposed to be good at?

You people really need to get a grip on reality

That One Guy
11-16-2012, 08:37 AM
A guy who's "Revolutionizing the QB position" as the punt protector on the Jets is being called terrible by his teammates on 2 different teams and hasn't improved at all while supposedly working intensely all offseason and year long with QB guru's is really being screwed over because he sucks at what he's supposed to be good at?

You people really need to get a grip on reality

One thing that always jumps out to me is the guy that's always the first one there and the last one out. In my experience, those people are there because they want to be known that way. Personally, I'd rather work my tail off while I'm there and when that siren blows, call it a day and go home. I've outworked many during my normal workday that made a name for themselves as overachievers on the time clock. Some guys have to work late on occasion but the ones that consistently stay later than everyone else are doing so for the sake of staying late or because they can't manage their time during the day.

Again, my experiences.

Jay3
11-16-2012, 08:40 AM
One thing that always jumps out to me is the guy that's always the first one there and the last one out. In my experience, those people are there because they want to be known that way. Personally, I'd rather work my tail off while I'm there and when that siren blows, call it a day and go home. I've outworked many during my normal workday that made a name for themselves as overachievers on the time clock. Some guys have to work late on occasion but the ones that consistently stay later than everyone else are doing so for the sake of staying late or because they can't manage their time during the day.

Again, my experiences.

It's more of a figure of speech, the "first one in, last one out." It's not even actually always true. It's a shorthand way of conveying someone goes the extra mile, does anything they can to get better.

That One Guy
11-16-2012, 08:53 AM
It's more of a figure of speech, the "first one in, last one out." It's not even actually always true. It's a shorthand way of conveying someone goes the extra mile, does anything they can to get better.

Well I've known plenty that did the first one there, last one out, thing. An hour or two early for work, always staying hours after their day ended, and occasionally showing up on days off kinda people. I guess since I've seen it, I didn't realize people also use it in a figurative way.

Dedhed
11-16-2012, 10:28 AM
I'll argue that it's not hatred for Tebow ...but hatred of his whack job fans who trashed this team defending their hero.

Completely untrue, you can't stand the guy. Watching Tebow lead this team to wins last year was brutal for you, and you made that clear time and time again.

Dedhed
11-16-2012, 10:29 AM
I wonder how many starting QBs in the league have a worse winning % than Tebow does as a starter.

Gutless Drunk
11-16-2012, 11:03 AM
I wonder how many starting QBs in the league have a worse winning % than Tebow does as a starter.

Palmer
Smith
Sanchez
Cassel
Dalton
Bradford
Ponder
Kolb/Skelton (both, they don't even know who their starter is)
Fitzpatrick
Freeman
Stafford
Newton
Gabbert
Tannehill
RG 3
Weeden

TonyR
11-16-2012, 11:12 AM

Better question is how many of those teams would prefer Tebow as their starter. I can only tell you for sure that the number is considerably lower than 16...

Gutless Drunk
11-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Better question is how many of those teams would prefer Tebow as their starter. I can only tell you for sure that the number is considerably lower than 16...

1?

"Gabbert"

actually it just illustrates how stupid it is to use winning percentage as a barometer for individuals in the ultimate team sport. (unless it's Peyton Manning, in which case it is quite illuminating)

Dedhed
11-16-2012, 11:21 AM

Simply serving your agenda doesn't actually make it a better question, you know.

TonyR
11-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Simply serving your agenda doesn't actually make it a better question, you know.

Don't make me start bumping our exchanges from the thread linked below. Let's just say, to be kind and gentle, that it isn't exactly your finest hour.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103916

Dedhed
11-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Don't make me start bumping our exchanges from the thread linked below. Let's just say, to be kind and gentle, that it isn't exactly your finest hour.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103916

OOOOooo, scare me with threats about bumping a thread where I expressed doubts about Manning's health. Please Tony! spare me your interwebz wrath!

Dedhed
11-16-2012, 11:36 AM
actually it just illustrates how stupid it is to use winning percentage

Yes, everyone knows it's far more intelligent to use completion percentage in the ultimate team sport!

TonyR
11-16-2012, 11:48 AM
...a thread where I expressed doubts about Manning's health...

You didn't just "express doubts". You did what you so often do: express certainties about how right you were (Manning will never be a Bronco! Manning will never be healthy!) and how wrong everyone else was. Only to be proven very, very wrong. It's all there in that thread, for anyone and everyone to see. Just like the thread where you said with such certainty what a bust J.J. Watt was going to be. If you'd express things as "I think" instead of "I know", and weren't so condescending and arrogant while doing so, you wouldn't come across looking so bad so often. Just a suggestion.

Dedhed
11-16-2012, 12:02 PM
You didn't just "express doubts". You did what you so often do: express certainties about how right you were (Manning will never be a Bronco! Manning will never be healthy!) and how wrong everyone else was. Only to be proven very, very wrong. It's all there in that thread, for anyone and everyone to see. Just like the thread where you said with such certainty what a bust J.J. Watt was going to be. If you'd express things as "I think" instead of "I know", and weren't so condescending and arrogant while doing so, you wouldn't come across looking so bad so often. Just a suggestion.

Would you like to rehash your "Orton gives us the best chance to win" takes as well, or do you just want to cherry-pick my poor takes a bump those threads?

I guess I'm comfortable in knowing that I'm not always going to be right, so I'm not too concerned with attatching a disclaimer to every one of my posts.

errand
11-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Would you like to rehash your "Orton gives us the best chance to win" takes as well, or do you just want to cherry-pick my poor takes a bump those threads?

I guess I'm comfortable in knowing that I'm not always going to be right, so I'm not too concerned with attatching a disclaimer to every one of my posts.

LOL....

Yet another clown who thinks someone saying Orton>Tebow is as stupid as him saying Tebow>Manning...LOL

Un****ingbelievable!

Dedhed
11-16-2012, 12:12 PM
LOL....

Yet another clown who thinks someone saying Orton>Tebow is as stupid him saying Tebow>Manning...LOL

Un****ingbelievable!

Where has anyone other that Macguber ever said Tebow>Manning?

Agamemnon
11-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Sounds like the same **** that happened here. People just seem to hate the kid for whatever reason. To act like Sanchez is better than Tebow is beyond nuts. Tebow as a starter last year > Mark Sanchez, and anyone with a functioning brain knows it.

DBroncos4life
11-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Watching the Jets fail to figure out how to get any type of success out of Tebow only strengthens the case that McCoy is a good OC IMO.

orangemonkey
11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Sounds like the same **** that happened here. People just seem to hate the kid for whatever reason. To act like Sanchez is better than Tebow is beyond nuts. Tebow as a starter last year > Mark Sanchez, and anyone with a functioning brain knows it.

Wait what? Sanchez is a better quarterback, much better, and it sounds like half the Jets player personnel agrees. I mean Sanchez sucks but he is definitely a better QB than Tebow.

Tebow is probably a better running back than Shonn Greene and he's definitely a pretty good punt protector.

Agamemnon
11-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Wait what? Sanchez is a better quarterback, much better, and it sounds like half the Jets player personnel agrees. I mean Sanchez sucks but he is definitely a better QB than Tebow.

Tebow is probably a better running back than Shonn Greene and he's definitely a pretty good punt protector.

Sanchez is actually pretty much on par with Tebow as a passer, but with no real athleticism or intangibles. Sanchez is probably worse than Orton to be honest. Don't be a dip****.

orangemonkey
11-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Sanchez is actually pretty much on par with Tebow as a passer, but with no real athleticism or intangibles. Sanchez is probably worse than Orton to be honest. Don't be a dip****.

Holy **** - okay. Tebow sucks at passing, he runs good and his one intangible is that he's a really nice guy. He is not an NFL caliber starting quarterback. Sanchez is and he's bottom 3rd in the league. Carry on though.

Dedhed
11-16-2012, 12:58 PM
He is not an NFL caliber starting quarterback.

This is what makes me laugh. As pointed out already in this thread, Tebow wins at a better clip than half the starters in the NFL, and yet people still think it's absurd to consider him a legitimate QB.

broncocalijohn
11-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Jets players want to keep it as status quo and continue to lose while the backup doesn't have a pretty throw at all but might get them a few more wins. I guess they would rather have ugly losses than to have ugly wins.

That team is full of losers.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-16-2012, 01:43 PM
What has Tebow done in his entire Jet career that warrants a start? Jets fans asking for Tebow has alot more to do with Sanchez sucking than it does Tebow being good. I didnt see any production from him in preseason. I dont watch the practices but jets players do and their evaluation is evident. McElroy has shown more why not start him? Sanchez doesn't deserve to start throw in the next best player.

DBroncos4life
11-16-2012, 01:47 PM
This is what makes me laugh. As pointed out already in this thread, Tebow wins at a better clip than half the starters in the NFL, and yet people still think it's absurd to consider him a legitimate QB.

Sanchez winning % is above .500 and has multiple playoff wins. Why isn't he a legitimate QB?

oubronco
11-16-2012, 02:01 PM

How many games have all those players started?

How many has Tebow?

How many of those QB's have had an offense totally tailored just for them?

How many teams are running the wildcat exclusively because their QB can't read a defense or throw the ball worth a crap?

Why the hell are we still talking about this crap?

swaiy
11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
How many games have all those players started?

How many has Tebow?

How many of those QB's have had an offense totally tailored just for them?

How many teams are running the wildcat exclusively because their QB can't read a defense or throw the ball worth a crap?

Why the hell are we still talking about this crap?

That's a good question. Here's the answer: Somebody always has to be right.

Just like people are claiming if Tebow had done well, there would be "I told you so" threads posted.

Tebow isnt doing well so there's people on the other side of the argument that has to say "I told you so."

In the end, youre all sick ****s :)

oubronco
11-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Just like people are claiming if Tebow had done well, there would be "I told you so" threads posted.

Tebow isnt doing well so there's people on the other side of the argument that has to say "I told you so."

So true here we have a HUGE game with the Chuggers where we can basically take the Division and Tebow is the top thread.....Pathetic

swaiy
11-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Also, so what if he is terrible? Total dick move by his teammates.

RhymesayersDU
11-16-2012, 02:17 PM
So true here we have a HUGE game with the Chuggers where we can basically take the Division and Tebow is the top thread.....Pathetic

Which, with this gem of a post, you sent to the top.

Don't like it? Comment on something else, or fart out a new thread.

Tombstone RJ
11-16-2012, 02:19 PM

this

move on people

Cito Pelon
11-16-2012, 02:29 PM
It looks like Tebow recognizes no matter how many hours he puts in trying to hone his passing skills, he'll never have NFL level passing skills. Dude has given up trying to be anything but a role player.

NYJ gonna have to find a QB in the next couple of drafts.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-16-2012, 02:29 PM

I call this the MacGruder effect. Jhns KOSK gobroncos and some others were so obnoxious in thinking they were right, pushing their agenda and propaganda all over this place. It provokes a sort of twisted redemption in alot of people. I was never this anti tebow until the day I first posted in here. My perception of tebow didn't change that much but it was intensified after being exposed to such lunacy.

Agamemnon
11-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Holy **** - okay. Tebow sucks at passing, he runs good and his one intangible is that he's a really nice guy. He is not an NFL caliber starting quarterback. Sanchez is and he's bottom 3rd in the league. Carry on though.

I don't think you understand how bad a passer Sanchez is...

broncosteven
11-16-2012, 06:10 PM

If he has a D that can keep him within one score and he has the ball last in the 4th quarter then sure but when he has to win games passing and putting up points not so much.

Just look at his last 5 RS games last year. The Pitt game was a great moment but he struggled to start the game then could not take it over in regulation letting Pitt back in the game with a fumble if I remember right.

I think Tebows last 5 regular season games are the true indicator of what he is at the NFL level.

broncosteven
11-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Watching the Jets fail to figure out how to get any type of success out of Tebow only strengthens the case that McCoy is a good OC IMO.

It doesn't help Tebow when D's know he is only in there to run the ball. Most of his big plays running came from pulling the ball down in passing situations.

How many 3rd and 16's did he convert because defenses had to cover the WR's, a ton!

For Tebow to be effective running the Jets need to keep him in for a series or at least multiple plays and have him attempt some passes. As the D needs to stay honest in the passing game then the rush ops will be there.

Glad it is the Jets problem and not our anymore. I forgot how much I loved having a HOF QB on our team!

Go Broncos!

SonOfLe-loLang
11-16-2012, 06:18 PM

Its apples and oranges. The whole spot duty thing is nice in theory, but doesnt actually work. Though why hes not always on the field on the goal line is beyond me. Dumb.

Agamemnon
If he has a D that can keep him within one score and he has the ball last in the 4th quarter then sure but when he has to win games passing and putting up points not so much.

Just look at his last 5 RS games last year. The Pitt game was a great moment but he struggled to start the game then could not take it over in regulation letting Pitt back in the game with a fumble if I remember right.

I think Tebows last 5 regular season games are the true indicator of what he is at the NFL level.

Of course you do, but there's no more reason to think that than to think the pair of 300 yard games he's managed are the true indicator of where he is at or can be at. The guy has been great and terrible at the NFL level, and which you think is more indicative of his ability reflects more on you and how a person feels about the guy than anything real (I include myself in this).

All that said, the talk of Sanchez being better than Tebow reminds me of the talk of Orton being better than Tebow, and we all know how that turned out.

CEH
I thought the jets were ground and pound
Isn't that tailor made for Timmy try hard
What does they say about Tim
Looks like this was purely a move by woody and the coaches wanted no part of tebow

Tim should have picked to go to jax

HorseHead
11-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Give the guy the ball a little more that's all...would it kill that team? It's not
like it would disrupt any flow they have right now.

The one pass Tim can consistently hit on is the deep, over the shoulder throw. Let him uncork a couple..

Champ said it himself, it's different for Tim when he's in the game...

errand
11-16-2012, 06:59 PM
I call this the MacGruder effect. Jhns KOSK gobroncos and some others were so obnoxious in thinking they were right, pushing their agenda and propaganda all over this place. It provokes a sort of twisted redemption in alot of people. I was never this anti tebow until the day I first posted in here. My perception of tebow didn't change that much but it was intensified after being exposed to such lunacy.

Add in the fact that they trashed the players, the coaching staff and Elway in addition to calling those who had opposing opinions "haters" and other derogatory names.....

baja
11-16-2012, 08:13 PM
I thought the jets were ground and pound
Isn't that tailor made for Timmy try hard
What does they say about Tim
Looks like this was purely a move by woody and the coaches wanted no part of tebow

Tim should have picked to go to jax

LOL Now why didn't you come up with that when we were all trying to find a nick name for Tebow.

Timmy Try Hard - gotta love it.

R-Mac
11-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Matt Slauson is one of the worst OGs in the NFL, so the irony in that article is quite funny. The Jets are terrible, starting with the GM. And I'm not even sure the other "source" exists. The media just needs to keep feeding the fire.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-16-2012, 11:26 PM

How many ****ing times does it have to be repeated to the idiots that there are 3 plays that - due to no influence from Tebow, ZERO - changed what would have otherwise been a 4-7 record into a 7-4 record. These are plays that if you replay them the vast majority of the time, he's 4-7.

When you use his record as your argument, you really show you dont have a clue about football. He has about the same winning percentage as Andrew Luck. So they are roughly equal QBs right? And when Indy loses to NE this weekend, Tebow will have a better winnings percentage. So then he will be better? Thats the type of sh!tty conclusion you can reach with just looking at a number.

I really think that if those 3 plays had turned out as the law of averages says they would, a good chunk of these folks would never have been on the Tebow is good QB bandwagon.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-16-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't think you understand how bad a passer Sanchez is...

Agenoname with a terrible take? You dont say....

You need to get into the 2nd and 3rd string list before you find QBs that are worse PASSERS than Tebow

DENVERDUI55
11-17-2012, 05:04 AM
How many ****ing times does it have to be repeated to the idiots that there are 3 plays that - due to no influence from Tebow, ZERO - changed what would have otherwise been a 4-7 record into a 7-4 record. These are plays that if you replay them the vast majority of the time, he's 4-7.

When you use his record as your argument, you really show you dont have a clue about football. He has about the same winning percentage as Andrew Luck. So they are roughly equal QBs right? And when Indy loses to NE this weekend, Tebow will have a better winnings percentage. So then he will be better? Thats the type of ****ty conclusion you can reach with just looking at a number.

I really think that if those 3 plays had turned out as the law of averages says they would, a good chunk of these folks would never have been on the Tebow is good QB bandwagon.
Good post! Plus some of those plays aka "Barbers" were completely the other team screwing up not TT doing anything. Then toss in plays like Novak missed FG, Prater hitting 58 yarder, even Rivers fumbling a kneel down and people act like TT made these great plays. To me he is the guy that lead us to losses in 4 of last 5 games and didn't beat any good teams other than a banged up Steeler team.

That One Guy
11-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Give the guy the ball a little more that's all...would it kill that team? It's not
like it would disrupt any flow they have right now.

The one pass Tim can consistently hit on is the deep, over the shoulder throw. Let him uncork a couple..

Champ said it himself, it's different for Tim when he's in the game...

While the QB certainly has a part in it, I always attributed successful deep balls to receivers as much as (or more than) QBs. The WR has subtle movements, comebacks, etc that he can use once he knows where the ball is going to land and adjust himself. The QB just has to get it in the general area.

To put it another way, if you put the stationary receiver out there and told the QB to put it in his hands, I think many would miss pretty bad. Add the complexity then of a moving target and it'd get even worse.

So I think the reason Tebow can hit deep balls better than short ones has nothing to do with increased accuracy and everything to do with giving the receivers more time to adjust to the ball.

Dedhed
11-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Sanchez winning % is above .500 and has multiple playoff wins. Why isn't he a legitimate QB?

I guess I missed the part where I said anything about Sanchez not being a legitimate QB.

Dedhed
11-17-2012, 08:11 AM

When you use his record as your argument, you really show you dont have a clue about football. He has about the same winning percentage as Andrew Luck. So they are roughly equal QBs right? And when Indy loses to NE this weekend, Tebow will have a better winnings percentage. So then he will be better? Thats the type of ****ty conclusion you can reach with just looking at a number.

This is a great post to outline the absurd lengths that people will go to in order to completely deny Tebow any credit.

He took over a 1-4 team that was playing terrible football with no chance of making the playoffs under Orton, and yet somehow Tebow still "had nothing to do with the team winning games".

HorseHead
11-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I love how a guy like Alex Smith gets 5 years to get his s-it together..Tebow gets 3/4 of a season that has to be one of the most analyzed 12 games in the history of the league.

Plays some ugly ball, plays some exhilarating ball, and now some hump like Slaussen is an expert...

I like listening to Gil Brandt on Sirius, and part of me agrees with his assessment, Tim just can't read defenses, but he also needs a coach that knows what to do with him...

TonyR
11-17-2012, 01:37 PM
This is a great post to outline the absurd lengths that people will go to in order to completely deny Tebow any credit.

The only thing absurd here is people like you who keep clinging to the fantasy that Tebow is ever going to be an NFL QB.

Agamemnon
11-17-2012, 02:32 PM
I love how a guy like Alex Smith gets 5 years to get his s-it together..Tebow gets 3/4 of a season that has to be one of the most analyzed 12 games in the history of the league.

Plays some ugly ball, plays some exhilarating ball, and now some hump like Slaussen is an expert...

I like listening to Gil Brandt on Sirius, and part of me agrees with his assessment, Tim just can't read defenses, but he also needs a coach that knows what to do with him...

Very well said. I still don't get why people expect Tebow to look like an elite passer when he's had different coaches, systems, and teammates every year he's been in the NFL. Developmental QB's who are never actually developed tend to not turn into great NFL passers.

Jetmeck
11-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Is it really necessary for some of you to get your rocks off on hating the guy whichs gives it all and gave us a great season last year when it clearly was gonna be a ****y year with Orton ?

Get over it and can your hatred..............

baja
11-17-2012, 03:12 PM
I like Tim but you gotta question the sanity of a young man that could get more ass than a toilet seat staying a Virgin.

gunns
11-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Very well said. I still don't get why people expect Tebow to look like an elite passer when he's had different coaches, systems, and teammates every year he's been in the NFL. Developmental QB's who are never actually developed tend to not turn into great NFL passers.

I don't know that it was expected that he look like an elite QB. Just a reasonable facismilie of a QB that a coach could work with. And a QB that cares enough to work with the WR's even in the off season.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-17-2012, 04:57 PM

He took over a 1-4 team that was playing terrible football with no chance of making the playoffs under Orton, and yet somehow Tebow still "had nothing to do with the team winning games".

So you would take Tebow over Luck. Good to know you ****ing moron.

DENVERDUI55
11-17-2012, 06:46 PM

Because Tim has had same deficiencies since coming out of HS and college. Slow long delivery and poor accuracy. Read scouting reports and they sound the same and all say same thing.

rbackfactory80
11-17-2012, 07:06 PM
All I have to say is Denver is looking good and winning and you asshats are still talking about some BS that is long gone. Shows how great of fans all you are.

F-ing pathetic.

errand
11-17-2012, 07:56 PM
All I have to say is Denver is looking good and winning and you asshats are still talking about some BS that is long gone. Shows how great of fans all you are.

F-ing pathetic.

Some fans are better than others.....sorry if that bothers you, but it's true.

for instance, (and only speaking for myself) I've never once hoped that the Broncos would a lose a game ever in my life...but we have "fans" who do, and say so....

I've never posted scenarios where the team would hypothetically be better should the VP and HC die in a plane crash...but we had a so called "fan" on here do exactly that...

I've never once wanted someone to take a crowbar to the knees or head of a player I didn't think was very good in order to get one I thought was better in the line up....but we had a "fan" post that kind of **** on this very site...

I never once ever thought about not cheering on the Broncos because they got rid of a player I happened to like...but we've had "fans" on here call this team classless because they didn't like how the team treated their favorite man crush..

sorry, but that kind of **** doesn't get a pass from me, and anyone who is a true fan in my opinion wouldn't let that **** slide either, but then again like I said...some fans are better than other fans.

broncocalijohn
11-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Is it really necessary for some of you to get your rocks off on hating the guy whichs gives it all and gave us a great season last year when it clearly was gonna be a ****y year with Orton ?

Get over it and can your hatred..............

they cant and think those wins were not really wins. It seems they are satisfied with those losses Orton had and was pissed off about Tebow getting some of the credit for the wins. Look, it was a team effort with some good luck and fortune but it doesn't take away that Tebow still had to make drives count when we were down a score or two. Unconventional? Hell yes and sometimes frustrating.
Just because he is gone doesn't diminish his accomplishments and giving us some hope again with a great win vs. Steelers. Stating it was a banged up team is completely trivial and shows immaturity. Most are happy we got rid of him for Peyton but I will always be happy what he did while he got a chance....and glad I never went out and bought his jersey!

Agamemnon
11-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Until we see Tebow benefit from good QB coaching and continuity in a system over multiple seasons, all the people acting like he has failed as a QB are full of ****. You can't fail if you are never given any real chance to succeed. Expecting a spread option QB to adjust to pro style pass schemes overnight is beyond stupid, and you all should know that.

errand
11-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Until we see Tebow benefit from good QB coaching and continuity in a system over multiple seasons, all the people acting like he has failed as a QB are full of ****. You can't fail if you are never given any real chance to succeed. Expecting a spread option QB to adjust to pro style pass schemes overnight is beyond stupid, and you all should know that.

so tell us what your opinion of Brady Quinn is? He's hardly been given a chance as well...but he's also labelled a bust too by the same clowns who defend Tebow's never having been given a chance.

Or better yet, what about DT, coming from a rudimentary passing attack at GT and not being required to run perfect routes, etc....but he too has been called a bust by several clowns that defend Tebow as being a young inexperienced QB coming from a spread option offense in college to pro style in the NFL.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-17-2012, 09:05 PM

So every spread option QB needs time? So all those great college QBs who sucked in the NFL should've got more chances? If the nose honks and the flower shoots water it's most defintely a clown. Some people never adjust.

And to the Alex smith reference(not by you agam), I didn't know he got his **** together? Dude still sucks and the niners have to gameplan for his deficiencies 7 years into his career.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Tebow hell of a nice guy
way below average QB
either needs to improve a hell of alot next year or just quit
maybe hire a top notch Qb coach to help him improve if its possible
people in the OM needs to stop obsessing over the guy
CHARGERS vsDENVER BRONCOS ,MANNING IS OUR QB 6-3

http://forums.theganggreen.com/ <-- go here to discuss Tim Tebow
its all NEW YORK JETS nfl football talk mcgruder would love to see you there he is lonely
END OF DISCUSSION

errand
11-17-2012, 10:24 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/ <-- go here to discuss Tim Tebow
its all NEW YORK JETS nfl football talk mcgruder would love to see you there he is lonely
END OF DISCUSSION

OK...that was funny, I don't care who you are.....

Having said that, this isn't just about Tebow....to me it's about a clique of "fans" on here that adored Tebow, and who until as recently as this past week, have done nothing but b**** and moan about , dismiss, and find ways to demean the talent level and accomplishments of this team, the players, the coaches and the FO....

now back to your regular programming.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Man it's a complete disaster over there. One guy said tebow would "fumble less and take less sacks". I don't think he watched last season at all.

There's some realistic jets fans in there. Some delusional ones saturated from jets stink. And "new" fans(tebows) that look totally ridiculous in their assessment of that team.

orangemonkey
11-18-2012, 05:45 AM

Hilarious! You can't possibly believe this? Tim has made roster on two NFL teams, was driven out of 1 and can't stay off the bench to beat-out Mark "****in" Sanchez on the other. This guy has had plenty of real chances to make grade and failed. He sucks as a NFL QB (conventional or not) plain and simple. All you have to do is look at the QB play by Cutler (while in Denver) and Manning and its obvious that both Orton/Tebow were big mistakes.

Go Broncos! Chargers game can't come soon enough.

rbackfactory80
11-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Some fans are better than others.....sorry if that bothers you, but it's true.

for instance, (and only speaking for myself) I've never once hoped that the Broncos would a lose a game ever in my life...but we have "fans" who do, and say so....

I've never posted scenarios where the team would hypothetically be better should the VP and HC die in a plane crash...but we had a so called "fan" on here do exactly that...

I've never once wanted someone to take a crowbar to the knees or head of a player I didn't think was very good in order to get one I thought was better in the line up....but we had a "fan" post that kind of **** on this very site...

I never once ever thought about not cheering on the Broncos because they got rid of a player I happened to like...but we've had "fans" on here call this team classless because they didn't like how the team treated their favorite man crush..

sorry, but that kind of **** doesn't get a pass from me, and anyone who is a true fan in my opinion wouldn't let that **** slide either, but then again like I said...some fans are better than other fans.

BS Errand. It's one thing to be emotional and talk some **** during the offseason, it's another to still be talking about it when we are watching the best Bronco team in almost 10 years. Sorry, it's very childish at this point.

Broncoman13
11-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Errand still trying to earn that best fan badge. I'll give him one if he promises to stop the weekly soap box sessions!

True there are fans that are more attached to players than team... But that doesn't make them bad fans. A lot of people get started on NFL teams that way.

Errand is right about wishing harm or worse yet death on a player or coach. That is pretty Busch League... Not that I wasn't completely ready for McD to get bitten repeatedly by Rev's "Aids Snake", so I am not above Busch League myself! ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
11-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Lol. I'm a better fan of multimillionaire professional athletes than you are.

Kaylore
11-18-2012, 12:06 PM
I support everyone who is a Bronco and root for them to do well. I hope for them to win every game. That doesn't mean I like or agree with everything they do, though. Nor does it mean they are above criticism. That said, I remember during the McDaniels era there were people that accused each other of some really stupid stuff. It may have been jhns and someone else, but they would attack anyone that wasn't rooting for the team to lose. I also remember some saying while they were winning that somehow his personnel moves were above reproach. I don't believe that to be true. I remember that during Plummer's last season here. He was playing like total garbage and the team and rushing game was keeping them in games. If you attacked Plummer's play, you "hated winning" even though Plummer's poor play wasn't contributing to, and sometimes was even hurting our cause in games.

I'm a Bronco fan, though. I like players that are Broncos. I do admire some players that are not Broncos, but I like a player or coach more if he is a Bronco and less when he isn't. That's just me though. I don't think other fans who follow sports differently than I do are better or worse fans than I am, though.

errand
11-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Lol. I'm a better fan of multimillionaire professional athletes than you are.

More like I'm a better fan of 53 professional athletes who make up the Denver Broncos professional football team than you are.

broncosteven
11-18-2012, 12:16 PM
I support everyone who is a Bronco and root for them to do well. I hope for them to win every game. That doesn't mean I like or agree with everything they do, though. Nor does it mean they are above criticism. That said, I remember during the McDaniels era there were people that accused each other of some really stupid stuff. It may have been jhns and someone else, but they would attack anyone that wasn't rooting for the team to lose. I also remember some saying while they were winning that somehow his personnel moves were above reproach. I don't believe that to be true. I remember that during Plummer's last season here. He was playing like total garbage and the team and rushing game was keeping them in games. If you attacked Plummer's play, you "hated winning" even though Plummer's poor play wasn't contributing to, and sometimes was even hurting our cause in games.

I'm a Bronco fan, though. I like players that are Broncos. I do admire some players that are not Broncos, but I like a player or coach more if he is a Bronco and less when he isn't. That's just me though. I don't think other fans who follow sports differently than I do are better or worse fans than I am, though.

Admit it, Yours is the Superior!

baja
11-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Shouda kept Tebow and made him a MLB

baja
11-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Maybe we can pick him up from the Jets at the end of the year

We need a running back & a MLB, Tebow could be good at either.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
More like I'm a better fan of 53 professional athletes who make up the Denver Broncos professional football team than you are.

http://images.wikia.com/scratchpad/images/4/47/You_win_the_prize.jpg

razorwire77
11-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Tebow will start his political career after getting cut by the Jets in the off-season.

DenverBroncosJM
11-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Can you please just stfu for one week? Hell make it 24 hours, baby steps..

Agamemnon
11-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Hilarious! You can't possibly believe this? Tim has made roster on two NFL teams, was driven out of 1 and can't stay off the bench to beat-out Mark "****in" Sanchez on the other. This guy has had plenty of real chances to make grade and failed. He sucks as a NFL QB (conventional or not) plain and simple. All you have to do is look at the QB play by Cutler (while in Denver) and Manning and its obvious that both Orton/Tebow were big mistakes.

Go Broncos! Chargers game can't come soon enough.

And you can't possibly believe that the circumstances Tebow has faced through his short career are conducive to develoment as an NFL QB.

I'm not saying he would have definitely developed into a great passer had he had the stability and coaching other 1st round QB's usually get, but I think it's clear virtually nothing has gone well for him in terms of having an opportunity to develop in the proper way.

Agamemnon
11-18-2012, 12:56 PM

You were a pretty ****ty fan when those 53 professional athletes included one Tim Tebow. Just sayin'...

Jetmeck
11-18-2012, 06:07 PM
OK...that was funny, I don't care who you are.....

Having said that, this isn't just about Tebow....to me it's about a clique of "fans" on here that adored Tebow, and who until as recently as this past week, have done nothing but b**** and moan about , dismiss, and find ways to demean the talent level and accomplishments of this team, the players, the coaches and the FO....

now back to your regular programming.

This about people like you who should have been taken behind the wood shed by daddy for being a jerk.................a-hole

The guy is a great person and deserves fans respect for what he did for us last year.

What kind of LITTLE peckerheads thinks its great to make fun of the guy ?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-18-2012, 06:14 PM
This about people like you who should have been taken behind the wood shed by daddy for being a jerk.................a-hole

The guy is a great person and deserves fans respect for what he did for us last year.

What kind of LITTLE peckerheads thinks its great to make fun of the guy ?

ill answer that a man who thinks no one is above humor and satire he hasn't done much lately he got us to the playoffs thats nice but manning is a more logical choice thats the way the world works.
Tebow is not immune to satire and humor .
now about todays game awesome