PDA

View Full Version : Dobbins Fined but not Suspended

Mountain Bronco
11-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Doesn't seem like the same type of punishment that Mays got. Fair?

maher_tyler
11-14-2012, 04:26 PM

We all know the League has a bias towards certain teams. Broncos players always seem to get the axe.

gyldenlove
11-14-2012, 04:42 PM

I guess the difference is that Dobbins hit Cutler while he was over the line of scrimmage so there is a reasonable argument to be made that he was a runner and therefore not protected from hits to the head.

Man-Goblin
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
The league was obviously trying to help us out by suspending Joe Mays.

Beantown Bronco
11-15-2012, 04:55 AM
weird.....I never even knew he played in the NFL

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6JUXPaarIbM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2KBack
11-15-2012, 06:36 AM
I guess the difference is that Dobbins hit Cutler while he was over the line of scrimmage so there is a reasonable argument to be made that he was a runner and therefore not protected from hits to the head.

This is what confuses me. Based on the results of the official calls on the field, Cutler was past the line of scrimmage and legally a runner, there shouldn't have been a flag for roughing nor a fine at that point. It could be argued that maybe it was a touch dirty or over aggressive...but it was completely legal by my understanding of the rule.

cutthemdown
11-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Mays had back to back weeks of going to the head didn't he? If Dobbins does it again he will probably get a game off.