PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Voting, many Broncos at top or near top!

Conklin
11-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Quarterback Peyton Manning leads all vote-getters for the all-star game with 376,981 votes, and therefore is first in line at his position on the AFC squad.

Plenty more Broncos are among the top-five at their respective positions in the AFC, including outside linebackers Von Miller and Wesley Woodyard, who are one and two among AFC vote-getters.

The Broncos also have two wide receivers near the top of AFC voting — Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are currently ranked Nos. 4 and 5 at their position.

Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position, tight end Jacob Tamme is No. 5 at his position, Ryan Clady is No. 3 among AFC tackles, Zane Beadles is the second-highest vote-getter among AFC guards, center Dan Koppen is currently fourth in votes at his position, defensive end Elvis Dumervil ranks second, Champ Bailey is third among AFC cornerbacks, Rahim Moore is the fifth AFC free safety, Matt Prater is the No. 4 kicker, Britton Colquitt is the No. 4 punter, Trindon Holliday is the No. 5 returner and David Bruton is the No. 4 AFC special-teamer.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/manning-leads-pro-bowl-votes/

EDIT: and while you are at it, vote more: http://www.denverbroncos.com/fans/pro-bowl-ballot-2013.html

Requiem
11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
What about Foneco?

SleepingTiger
11-14-2012, 02:56 PM
too bad non of the Broncos wont go to the probowl game since they'll be playing in the superbowl.

Action
11-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position

:spit:

Action
11-14-2012, 02:59 PM
too bad non of the Broncos wont go to the probowl game since they'll be playing in the superbowl.

This is true, however, they still do get the title of being a pro bowl player.

FYI for those who vote, you can just go to the link on the Broncos site and vote Broncos players all the way through and submit your ballet. You don't need to fulfill the total votes necessary... meaning, just click on all Broncos players and submit.

Smiling Assassin27
11-14-2012, 03:00 PM

:thumbsup:

great sentiment, less great grammar.

TheReverend
11-14-2012, 03:06 PM
In for extremely biased voting and DGAF :)

Conklin
11-14-2012, 03:07 PM
FYI for those who vote, you can just go to the link on the Broncos site and vote Broncos players all the way through and submit your ballet. You don't need to fulfill the total votes necessary... meaning, just click on all Broncos players and submit.

I linked it in the original post :P

Irish Stout
11-14-2012, 03:13 PM

Has there been any discussion on the Mane about why we don't ever have a FB RB set where the RB can follow the FB through a hole? It seems to me like in the last two games we could've used a FB to help force open a gap for the tailback.

TheReverend
11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Has there been any discussion on the Mane about why we don't ever have a FB RB set where the RB can follow the FB through a hole? It seems to me like in the last two games we could've used a FB to help force open a gap for the tailback.

A big reason that FBs are going out of vogue (obviously spreads are the PRIMARY reason) is that many, many running backs like to choose their hole, but the whole benefit of a fullback comes from running behind and cutting off their block.

But football isn't as "hit this hole" simple as it used to be, and, generally speaking, a RBs vision is superior to a FBs.

If Gronk and McGahee stick around, they can develop that kind of Jones-Drew and Greg Jones chemistry of what each other likes and will do and succeed off of it, but sadly, that's become pretty rare in this day and age.

spiralism
11-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Quarterback Peyton Manning leads all vote-getters for the all-star game with 376,981 votes, and therefore is first in line at his position on the AFC squad.

Plenty more Broncos are among the top-five at their respective positions in the AFC, including outside linebackers Von Miller and Wesley Woodyard, who are one and two among AFC vote-getters.

The Broncos also have two wide receivers near the top of AFC voting Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are currently ranked Nos. 4 and 5 at their position.

Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position, tight end Jacob Tamme is No. 5 at his position, Ryan Clady is No. 3 among AFC tackles, Zane Beadles is the second-highest vote-getter among AFC guards, center Dan Koppen is currently fourth in votes at his position, defensive end Elvis Dumervil ranks second, Champ Bailey is third among AFC cornerbacks, Rahim Moore is the fifth AFC free safety, Matt Prater is the No. 4 kicker, Britton Colquitt is the No. 4 punter, Trindon Holliday is the No. 5 returner and David Bruton is the No. 4 AFC special-teamer.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/manning-leads-pro-bowl-votes/

EDIT: and while you are at it, vote more: http://www.denverbroncos.com/fans/pro-bowl-ballot-2013.html

This is why i hate the fan votes. Who's ahead of Clady? He's outperforming them, guaranteed. Champ 3rd is laughable, i would bet a sizable sum of money that Revis is polling above him too. How are 3 kickers above Prater? Guaranteed Adam V is one despite being less than stellar and Janikowski too. Prater has been the best kicker in the AFC this year. Holliday is 5th among returners despite 2 returns in the last two weeks and being current leader in return TDs. Should only trail Jacoby Jones, with them going in as PR and KR.

Action
11-14-2012, 03:28 PM
A big reason that FBs are going out of vogue (obviously spreads are the PRIMARY reason) is that many, many running backs like to choose their hole, but the whole benefit of a fullback comes from running behind and cutting off their block.

But football isn't as "hit this hole" simple as it used to be, and, generally speaking, a RBs vision is superior to a FBs.

If Gronk and McGahee stick around, they can develop that kind of Jones-Drew and Greg Jones chemistry of what each other likes and will do and succeed off of it, but sadly, that's become pretty rare in this day and age.

49ers are the best running team in football and they use a FB, but it is true that FB's are used less and less.

Broncos are having difficulties running the ball as of late...

Br0nc0Buster
11-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Chris Harris and Tony Carter should at least be in the conversation, especially Harris

I think the people who voted for Chris Gronkowski probably meant to vote for his brother in New England

TheReverend
11-14-2012, 03:33 PM
This is why i hate the fan votes. Who's ahead of Clady? He's outperforming them, guaranteed. Champ 3rd is laughable, i would bet a sizable sum of money that Revis is polling above him too. How are 3 kickers above Prater? Guaranteed Adam V is one despite being less than stellar and Janikowski too. Prater has been the best kicker in the AFC this year. Holliday is 5th among returners despite 2 returns in the last two weeks and being current leader in return TDs. Should only trail Jacoby Jones, with them going in as PR and KR.

Champ's still great, but he really doesn't deserve to be 3rd in the AFC this year. That's not laughable at all.

Greatspirits
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Everybody get out and Rock the Vote! Tony Carter should be on there!

OBF1
11-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I like my fullback,

Signed,
Arian Foster

TheReverend
11-14-2012, 03:44 PM
I like my fullback,

Signed,
Arian Foster

They've literally spent their entire careers together...

broncocalijohn
11-14-2012, 03:48 PM
This is true, however, they still do get the title of being a pro bowl player.

With Gronkowski at #5 for FBs, it seems many are doing just that. I guess some think the name is good enough for the Pro Bowl. With so many Broncos near the top, I am feeling like Yankees' fans where they vote based on the team and not the skill level.

broncocalijohn
11-14-2012, 03:49 PM
BTW, is Tebow locking up the Punt Protector vote yet?

Punisher
11-14-2012, 03:53 PM

This

gyldenlove
11-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I am super stoked to see Beadles getting some serious love, he was REALLY bad his first years but has turned it around 180 this year and is playing outstanding football. Between him and Clady I would not hesitate to call it the best left side of any offensive line.

Action
11-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I am super stoked to see Beadles getting some serious love, he was REALLY bad his first years but has turned it around 180 this year and is playing outstanding football. Between him and Clady I would not hesitate to call it the best left side of any offensive line.

Beadles was good last year too.

prunch
11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't see Joe Mays ... what a crock!

baja
11-14-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't see why Manning is getting so many votes - he has had 4 neck surgeries.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 04:24 PM
With Gronkowski at #5 for FBs, it seems many are doing just that. I guess some think the name is good enough for the Pro Bowl. With so many Broncos near the top, I am feeling like Yankees' fans where they vote based on the team and not the skill level.

Are there more than 5 FBs in the afc?

If there are no one knows them.

TheReverend
11-14-2012, 04:26 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

Atwater His Ass
11-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Fan votes are stupid. It's also way too early in the season to be voting for pro bowlers, after only 9 games. lol.

ColoradoDarin
11-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Voted for all Broncos except Mike Adams and Tracy Porter.

Action
11-14-2012, 04:48 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

...I'm not sure you can say anyone wasn't good last year based on the fact that we were the best running team the fact we had a QB like we idd.

But that picture kind of depicts what everyone feels about your opinion on Mike Shanahan's sorry ass LOL

The Joker
11-14-2012, 05:07 PM

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/peypump.gif

HAT
11-14-2012, 07:20 PM
...I'm not sure you can say anyone wasn't good last year based on the fact that we were the best running team the fact we had a QB like we idd.

But that picture kind of depicts what everyone feels about your opinion on Mike Shanahan's sorry ass LOL

And Cutler...Don't forget Cutler.

MrPeepers
11-14-2012, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=Action;3726445]Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position

little known rob gronkowski effect and dumb pro bowl voters

Eldorado
11-14-2012, 08:21 PM

OMFG dude. There is video of beadles absolutely sucking last year, right here on the mane.

Search function. Try it.

Doing well with a QB, though. Strange trip, that.

Eldorado
11-14-2012, 08:22 PM

And mike was a bad ass. Back to backs are hard to come by.

Broncobiv
11-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Why couldn't I vote for my favorite Broncos RB, DeAngelo Williams??

Kaylore
11-14-2012, 09:09 PM

http://moremaor.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/false-dwight.gif

RedskinBronco
11-14-2012, 09:20 PM
I can't believe Matt Cassel is getting snubbed!

Bacchus
11-14-2012, 09:22 PM

Don't laugh I have voted for him 67,396 times!

Action
11-15-2012, 12:57 AM
Beadles was not as horrible as some of you tend to make it. He had trouble in pass blocking last year but he was a good run blocker...

Just because I said he's good doesn't mean he's great or pro bowl status...

And Tebow at QB wasn't doing the line any favors.

TheReverend
11-15-2012, 01:13 AM
^ Freak6/vonqkilla

DENVERDUI55
11-15-2012, 05:45 AM
I don't see why Manning is getting so many votes - he has had 4 neck surgeries.

I know his head could fall off at any moment and flop on the ground. Lucky it can be screwed on fairly quickly afterwards.

Kaylore
11-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Beadles was not as horrible as some of you tend to make it. He had trouble in pass blocking last year but he was a good run blocker...

Just because I said he's good doesn't mean he's great or pro bowl status...

And Tebow at QB wasn't doing the line any favors.

Actually his run blocking was not good. He would sometimes struggle to get off his block and to the next level, and when he did he wouldn't block anyone. It became a joke on here where some speculated Beadles was just trying to race the running back rather than block for him.

I agree that playing with Orton and then Tebow didn't help his protection numbers, but what about his 40 yards of penalties last year? And Tebow had was a big reason the run game looked so good.

Beadles has always had the talent. He'd have stretches where he'd look really good, but then he'd have occasional huge mental lapses when he'd just let a guy through. He is definitely playing better this year.

gyldenlove
11-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Actually his run blocking was not good. He would sometimes struggle to get off his block and to the next level, and when he did he wouldn't block anyone. It became a joke on here where some speculated Beadles was just trying to race the running back rather than block for him.

I agree that playing with Orton and then Tebow didn't help his protection numbers, but what about his 40 yards of penalties last year? And Tebow had was a big reason the run game looked so good.

Beadles has always had the talent. He'd have stretches where he'd look really good, but then he'd have occasional huge mental lapses when he'd just let a guy through. He is definitely playing better this year.

The only thing I remember him doing consistently well over the last years is pulling, we have run that power single back run to right guard a lot with Beadles pulling and he really has done that well for a long time.

Beadles was a cerebral guy coming out we all knew it, he is short armed which doesn't always help him and he was a bit of a finesse guy who has really grown into his body and made big strides in terms of power and technique.

If they can keep the current line in tact with Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper and Franklin we can have a dominant line for many years to come - potentially even reaching the level of the Chiefs lines in the early 2000's with Roaf, Shields, Wiegman, Waters and Tait.

Conklin
11-17-2012, 10:17 AM
get out and vote!

Hamrob
11-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Beadles has been a beast this year. I've always felt good about him and Walton. It's amazing what a couple years of playing time can do for a young player. He deserves a pro bowl nod in my opinion.

lonestar
11-17-2012, 11:07 AM
The only thing I remember him doing consistently well over the last years is pulling, we have run that power single back run to right guard a lot with Beadles pulling and he really has done that well for a long time.

Beadles was a cerebral guy coming out we all knew it, he is short armed which doesn't always help him and he was a bit of a finesse guy who has really grown into his body and made big strides in terms of power and technique.

If they can keep the current line in tact with Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper and Franklin we can have a dominant line for many years to come - potentially even reaching the level of the Chiefs lines in the early 2000's with Roaf, Shields, Wiegman, Waters and Tait.

Yep that chefs line was great it could not only run block, for a few great RBs but IIRC Greene rarely was touched.

But they all got old at the same time. Something has to be done every other year or so to bring in younger talent. Maybe every third year a first rounder but no less Than a higher number 2 depending on the position OC and Guard needs to be those 2s OT more like the firsts.

Plus remember those OLs were about 10-15 pounds bigger than our current guys also. This is an area where size does indeed matter.

lonestar
11-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Beadles has been a beast this year. I've always felt good about him and Walton. It's amazing what a couple years of playing time can do for a young player. He deserves a pro bowl nod in my opinion.

Had they not both been drafted the same year and forced to start right away they would have probably been better as they are right now. Those growing pains especially with Clady sucking it up while being hurt did nothing to help them. Add to that piss poor position coaches till last year and no OTAs going into a new scheme last year. It all set back their individual developement.

Bruce Hermansen Fan
12-02-2012, 12:48 AM
If you aren't voting for the following players, you are doing your Broncos a huge disservice!

These players should be voted for on every one of your ballots and every one has a valid case for a Pro Bowl selection.

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Eric Decker
LT : Ryan Clady
LG: Zane Beadles
RT: Orlando Franklin
DE: Elvis Dumervil
DT: Kevin Vickerson
OLB: Von Miller
OLB: Wesley Woodward
CB: Champ Bailey
CB: Chris Harris