PDA

View Full Version : According to Chris Harris, DJ to play MLB on Sunday

Nwp-Apap
11-13-2012, 08:16 PM
According to Chris Harris in his interview with Spano about 20 minutes ago, DJ will be playing MLB Sunday :strong:

https://www.twitter.com/#!/brandonspano

You just can't take Wood out the game right now, I think you'll see DJ in more of the 'Mike' role on Sunday.

Getting our three best LBs on the field? FANTASTIC, can't wait!

TD4HOF
11-13-2012, 08:19 PM
H.O.L.Y. S.H.E.E.T.

Let's GO!

baja
11-13-2012, 08:34 PM
LOL

Why they can't do that. The Orange Mane did not sign off on that. Something is very wrong here.

TD4HOF
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
LOL

Why they can't do that. The Orange Mane did not sign off on that. Something is very wrong here.

Something about coaches getting their best players on the field. Weird stuff.

BroncoFanDoug
11-13-2012, 08:49 PM
LOL

Lonestar gonna be mad...

baja
11-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Lonestar gonna be mad...

I'm sure the reason he has not posted here is because he is on a flight to Dove Valley. Don't worry he'll get this straightened out

Missouribronc
11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Not shocking. He's the best pure linebacker on the roster.

Lestat
11-13-2012, 09:12 PM
hell why not? he's our best pure LB, it keeps Woodyard on the field and balling out.
hell if he plays well enough we might not have to spend a 1st rounder on MLB so we can focus on DL or RB if there is a top notch guy available.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm shocked ROFL!

Broncoman13
11-13-2012, 09:17 PM
I expect Brookings to start and DJ gets limited reps.

Jetmeck
11-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Lonestar gonna be mad...

All the better. He having bad couple weeks. Unions helped put Obama back in as well. His head gonna explode.

Jetmeck
11-13-2012, 09:19 PM

true...........best players on the field

Tombstone RJ
11-13-2012, 09:21 PM
hmmm... I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Ratboy
11-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't understand why people think he won't play. He's an important asset to that defense and can only make it better.

Lestat
11-13-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't understand why people think he won't play. He's an important asset to that defense and can only make it better.

cause some people actually think he's not our best pure LB. :spit:

Kaylore
11-13-2012, 09:50 PM

Well, aside from me floating the idea of him playing the mike a few weeks ago, let me play devil's advocate on this.

1. The team could be legitimately pissed and wants to set an example.
2. Team chemistry: Fox is old school and comes from the mind set of "go to war with the team you came out of camp with." Also he could not want to "fix" what clearly isn't broken.
3. They are playing pretty well without him.

I think he'll play, though. When you look at how tight ends have killed us, his athleticism can help there.

BigPlayShay
11-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Mike in the Nickle, but not full time.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
You just can't take Wood out the game right now, I think you'll see DJ in more of the 'Mike' role on Sunday.

key in that comment is think..

Was not aware he had been promoted to DC or LB coach..

for those expecting him to be on the team next year, IMO it is getting him ready for trading when it opens up in the off season..

But then I could be all wrong about Elway wanting a few good MEN.. opposed to a bunch of knuckle heads..

Nothing that he has done so far as GM points in that direction, if anything 180 degrees from that..

lonestar
11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
hmmm... I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

me also..

doonwise
11-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Did anyone say he was starting or just that he'd be 'playing' middle linebacker? Sounds like part of the rotation to me. I just don't see how he would be able to get extensive playing time without getting reps in training camp, being suspended for over half the season and in Del Rio's new defensive system.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Did anyone say he was starting or just that he'd be 'playing' middle linebacker? Sounds like part of the rotation to me. I just don't see how he would be able to get extensive playing time without getting reps in training camp, being suspended for over half the season and in Del Rio's new defensive system.

all the while being listed as #3 on the WLB depth chart..

sounds like a Wild Assed Guess to me..

Unit:
POS First Second Third Other
LDE Derek Wolfe Malik Jackson
DT Kevin Vickersn Sealver Siliga
NT Justin Bannan Mitch Unrein
RDE Elvis Dumervil Robert Ayers
SLB Von Miller Nate Irving
MLB Keith Brooking Steven Johnson
WLB Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan D.J. Williams
LCB Champ Bailey Chris Harris
RCB Tracy Porter Tony Carter Omar Bolden
SS Mike Adams David Bruton
FS Rahim Moore Jim Leonhard

myMind
11-13-2012, 10:40 PM
He will have to play himself back into the lineup, obviously. He'll get his shots, and if he doesn't produce, he won't be playing much. We shall see.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Did I mention he had to take a cut in pay just to come back to teh team this year?

Yep sounds like they really value him..

Sounds to me like showcasing him for trade value..

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Linebacker D.J. Williams is eligible to return to the team, and Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway is confident that Williams has remained in top shape during his time away.

In Tuesday’s episode of Elway Access, hosted by Broncos TV’s Chris Hall, Elway said that Williams “has been working out hard” during the suspension, but it’s still important to ease him back into the game.

“You can only get in football shape by playing football,” Elway said. “That’s why it’s important to work him in there slowly. This time of year, those linebackers take a lot of hits. He is going to be able to give those guys some time and some rest and not take that beating that they take. But we have to work him in there. We can’t give him too many reps. We’ll slowly work him in there and we’ll see how he fits.”
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/elway-talks-williams-chargers/
Make no mistake about it DJ will be playing this week.

baja
11-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Did I mention he had to take a cut in pay just to come back to teh team this year?

Ya the best way to do that is to highly publicize a pay cut for the guy you want to trade. Brilliant reasoning

Must be that West Texas water.

Jetmeck
11-13-2012, 10:52 PM

I speculate your full of chit as well.................

lonestar
11-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Ya the best way to do that is to highly publicize a pay cut for the guy you want to trade. Brilliant reasoning

better than thinking they really want to keep him.. by forcing him to take a pay cut to come back..

try this one on for size..

de·lu·sion·al
  [dih-loo-zhuh-nl] Show IPA
adjective
1. having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:

BigPlayShay
11-13-2012, 10:57 PM
all the while being listed as #3 on the WLB depth chart..

sounds like a Wild Assed Guess to me..

Unit:
POS First Second Third Other
LDE Derek Wolfe Malik Jackson
DT Kevin Vickersn Sealver Siliga
NT Justin Bannan Mitch Unrein
RDE Elvis Dumervil Robert Ayers
SLB Von Miller Nate Irving
MLB Keith Brooking Steven Johnson
WLB Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan D.J. Williams
LCB Champ Bailey Chris Harris
RCB Tracy Porter Tony Carter Omar Bolden
SS Mike Adams David Bruton
FS Rahim Moore Jim Leonhard

The depth chart on the team website is the gospel.

baja
11-13-2012, 11:00 PM
better than thinking they really want to keep him.. by forcing him to take a pay cut to come back..

try this one on for size..

All I ever said is they will use him this year. I realize I have only said that about 26 times. How mny more times do I need to say that to reach you there in West Texas?

they will use him this year after that who knows and who cares?

lonestar
11-13-2012, 11:00 PM
The depth chart on the team website is the gospel.

actually more than the nut huggers have to go on..

lonestar
11-13-2012, 11:03 PM
All I ever said is they will use him this year. I realize I have only said that about 26 times. How mny more times do I need to say that to reach you there in West Texas?

they will use him this year after that who knows and who cares?

yet you seem not to hear what I have said.. if they do he is gonzo at the EOY..

let me add unlike the nut huggers who think he will be starting and is the best LB we have..

they hope for change .. must be democrats thinking something will be different this time..

baja
11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
yet you seem not to hear what I have said.. if they do he is gonzo at the EOY..

let me add unlike the nut huggers who think he will be starting and is the best LB we have..

they hope for change .. must be democrats thinking something will be different this time..

ONE MORE TIME FOR YA - I DON'T GIVE A SHIIT ABOUT NEXT YEAR WE ARE IN THE MIST OF A SUPER BOWL RUN AND IF DJ WILLIAMS CA HELP WITH THAT THEN GREAT

g6matty
11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
you guys are ****ing unbeleivable dj has been nothing but solid his entire career here in denver last year he stepped up huge so we could beat the dolphins and had a lot of big moments in key situations to help put us over the top last year. with the entire defense stepping up from top to bottom what makes u think the coaching staff cant maximize his talents like they are doing with everyone else . whos to say dj wont finally live up to expectations starting this year

you guys are naive and morons hes not trade bait hes not getting cut he took a pay cut because broncos new he was going to miss 6 games and they needed that money else where. dj is here to stay and i hope he retires a bronco. get use to him amd lets hope he steps up for us like he always has

lonestar
11-13-2012, 11:07 PM
you guys are ****ing unbeleivable dj has been nothing but solid his entire career here in denver last year he stepped up huge so we could beat the dolphins and had a lot of big moments in key situations to help put us over the top last year. with the entire defense stepping up from top to bottom what makes u think the coaching staff cant maximize his talents like they are doing with everyone else . whos to say dj wont finally live up to expectations starting this year

you guys are naive and morons hes not trade bait hes not getting cut he took a pay cut because broncos new he was going to miss 6 games and they needed that money else where. dj is here to stay and i hope he retires a bronco. get use to him amd lets hope he steps up for us like he always has
LOL
nut hugger .

lonestar
11-13-2012, 11:08 PM
ONE MORE TIME FOR YA - I DON'T GIVE A SHIIT ABOUT NEXT YEAR WE ARE IN THE MIST OF A SUPER BOWL RUN AND IF DJ WILLIAMS CA HELP WITH THAT THEN GREAT

other than a spare part he will be of little help..

baja
11-13-2012, 11:10 PM
other than a spare part he will be of little help..

Thanks for clearing that up for me - guess I can leave this thread now at peace with your assurances.

g6matty
11-13-2012, 11:10 PM
keep laughing dbag if he was going anywhere theyd have cut him by now. why cant u embrace the fact our linebackers are all talented and the team is better as a whole with dj on the feild. its almost as if were picking up two mid season free agents if porter ever comes back. our d is playing so good and its missing 4 contributors is jason hunter porter dj and carter at safety. were trending up and im fired up to see dj flying around this weekend against syphillis rivers

g6matty
11-13-2012, 11:12 PM
dj was a defensive captain and the play caller he plays with fire and passion hes a leader i cant wait till he shines he needs to shut every on this board up . i dont get how someone can hate a lifelong bronco that plays his heart out i really dont get it

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 11:16 PM

Just put the troll on iggy or stop quoting him please ;D

eddie mac
11-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Edit

eddie mac
11-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Surely he wont be anywhere near gameshape. I seriously doubt he'll get too many reps in those first couple of games.

SportinOne
11-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Very exciting to get a talented, proven, veteran player back on the field. I have no idea why anyone would find this a negative thing.

Now we just need that RB...

ZONA
11-14-2012, 12:00 AM

Careful, you'll be accused of having a man crush on DJ and others will say you need to wipe your chin off, lol.

Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. I think in this defense, he has a really good chance to be very productive.

ZONA
11-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Surely he wont be anywhere near gameshape. I seriously doubt he'll get too many reps in those first couple of games.

Bah, I think players keep in much better shape all year round these days. I doubt conditioning will be any reason to limit his snaps. I think his reps will be more limited based on trial and error type of thing to see how fast he picks things up.

The Joker
11-14-2012, 12:40 AM
I expect he'll get maybe 10-20 snaps on Sunday. If he does well, he'll get more the following week, and so on.

No way he just becomes a starter immediately IMO, sends a terrible message to the rest of the players when the D has been doing well.

But if he goes out there and makes more of his snaps than Trevathan and Brooking do then nobody on the team will complain if he ends up being a starter in a few weeks. He's more talented than either of those two for sure, but he has to earn his spot in the lineup.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 12:42 AM
keep laughing dbag if he was going anywhere theyd have cut him by now. why cant u embrace the fact our linebackers are all talented and the team is better as a whole with dj on the feild. its almost as if were picking up two mid season free agents if porter ever comes back. our d is playing so good and its missing 4 contributors is jason hunter porter dj and carter at safety. were trending up and im fired up to see dj flying around this weekend against syphillis rivers

Who are you going to pull off the field. Someone that has been playing lights out all year, to put in a moron that has not had the teams back this past ten weeks?

He ****ed up not once not twice not even three times but five, two DUIs, the ped/drug thing or he would not have been tested where the moron tried to use non human urine, then he was stupid enough to tweet his play book and lastly he sued the NFL.
Not what anyone other than a nut hugged would call a leader, smart or a team player.

Would I embrace him coming back without all that. Maybe but as much as you seem to think he is the greatest thing since Ray Lewis he has been beat out of his position this year as well as last year by WW.

Was he good at one time? Better than our other LBs sure but that does not mean a lot considering how bad they were.

Better than crap. Good way to look at it.

He was relieved of making play calls back in 07 when he was playing MLB because he is dumber than a post was not able to relay in the calls from the sideline and if it was a bad call totally unable to make the adjustment out of it.

Sorry but I just do not see why you have all this love for the guy. Mikey screwed us one more time by completely over paying him on the second contract. Something that Elway at least fixed for the rest of this season. By cutting his pay.

If Elway did that how much do you really think he values him.

Get over the bromance.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Bah, I think players keep in much better shape all year round these days. I doubt conditioning will be any reason to limit his snaps. I think his reps will be more limited based on trial and error type of thing to see how fast he picks things up.

There is being in shape and then there is game shape. Huge difference.

Why do you think there are so many hamstring pulls in TC because they are in shape?

g6matty
11-14-2012, 12:53 AM
lonestar i should have been more specific what i would like our starting lbs to be is miller dj and woodyard how can u make a case in any form that keith brooking is a better starter then dj on our team. look what happen to the saints when vilma got back on the feild the guy hasnt produced any stats whats so ever but theyre all playing better because their brother and leader is back on the feild. we can see a similar effect wen dj comes back.

so answering ur question id replace brooking with dj . if we ween him back in the line up to get him in game shape im fine with that. when we hit the playoffs we should be clickin on all cylinders with dj securly playing mlb . thats our best case scenario imo

lonestar
11-14-2012, 01:01 AM
lonestar i should have been more specific what i would like our starting lbs to be is miller dj and woodyard how can u make a case in any form that keith brooking is a better starter then dj on our team. look what happen to the saints when vilma got back on the feild the guy hasnt produced any stats whats so ever but theyre all playing better because their brother and leader is back on the feild. we can see a similar effect wen dj comes back.

so answering ur question id replace brooking with dj . if we ween him back in the line up to get him in game shape im fine with that. when we hit the playoffs we should be clickin on all cylinders with dj securly playing mlb . thats our best case scenario imo

Dj is not Vilma. And I believe you are wrong. DJ has not shown the ability to consistently TFL, or tackle at the LOS. He is what is know as a drag down tackler. Which means positive yards on each play. Many for first downs in his career.
Brooking is just the opposite fills the hole and stops with sure tackling.

Nothing I have seen from the Broncos indicate he will take Brookings place as a starter.

Nothing but fans of us talking how great he is.

Again if John, Fox or JDR thought so much of him why the downgrade in money to stay on the team. To see if he is loyal?

He will see spot duty at best, and be used as a spare part in case something breaks IMHO. A cheap insurance policy.

I also suspect that the kiddie LBs we have will see more playing time the rest of the year to see if they are worth keeping or if we need to replace them in the draft or FA..

They already know what dumb ass can and can not do.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Just as tebow was seen by John as Joshes mistake and he got rid of him.
IMO John sees DJ as Mikey's mistake and will get rid of him ASAP.

It is clear from everything John has done to upgrade this team, which means smart, fast, former team captains with spotless backgrounds and team players they are moving away from those cretins mikey went out and got.

That is how I see it. IMO had Mays not went down to IR they would have cut or traded DJ already.

Now he is insurance, cheap at that.

g6matty
11-14-2012, 01:11 AM
my question to you is why youre infatuated with a guy we gave a flyer on at mlb and who fell into the job because mays sucked and everyone already knows he does . djs been a 8 year starter here yet you give the edge to brooking. it just doesnt compute where along the line did u give up on dj. EVERYONE is playing better the contract thing doesnt mean anything people restructure all the time across the nfl that doesnt mean anything really.

at this point we're not getting anywhere with this argument im willing to say if dj steps in and doesnt do **** ill pony up and admit im wrong but i honestly dont think i will be . i just hope ull showface and admit if youre wrong .

lonestar
11-14-2012, 01:35 AM
my question to you is why youre infatuated with a guy we gave a flyer on at mlb and who fell into the job because mays sucked and everyone already knows he does . djs been a 8 year starter here yet you give the edge to brooking. it just doesnt compute where along the line did u give up on dj. EVERYONE is playing better the contract thing doesnt mean anything people restructure all the time across the nfl that doesnt mean anything really.

at this point we're not getting anywhere with this argument im willing to say if dj steps in and doesnt do **** ill pony up and admit im wrong but i honestly dont think i will be . i just hope ull showface and admit if youre wrong .

I gave up on Dj a few years ago when I started watching his play. Rarely a stop with no gain and many after the first down was made.

Yes his stats were great for tackles. Then I started watching WW thinking he was to small to play LB. yet his numbers were as good or better than DJs were based on the playing time they both got.

Last year WWs numbers were better than DJs were starting 6 less games than DJ did. Except sacks DJ was better. Not sure if that is because he was not asked to blitz or what. But this year WWs numbers are among the top ten in almost every meaningfully stats.

Now could Dj have done as well I have no clue but since he flaked out on his teams this year by being a dumb ass I frankly do not care.

Why would anyone want to trade that out?

No one that is not a nut hugger would ..

Now as for MLB same thing applies. DJ was unale to perform his duties as MLB the last time other than make tackles again any if nit most for gains not losses.
They took making calls away form him because he was unable to do it.

brooking is a short term rental but is playing extremely well so why do you mess with that experienced teamwork..

It is not logical to make changes because someone that has not stepped on the field this year is now able to do so, when they have been playing lights out without him.

While you and everyone is convinced he is so valuable how can they not play him.

It will probably IMO be somewhere in the middle but mind my words he will not be on this team next year without taking a HUGE reduction in pay probably somewhere near 5 mil less.

He simply is not in a johns along term plans. IMHO

extralife
11-14-2012, 01:47 AM
I like how you think the end-all be-all defining trait of a linebacker is his proclivity to make a tackle for a loss. DJ is excellent sideline to sideline, he's not going to blow up a play too often primarily because that is not what he is asked to do.

And why do you keep bringing up next year? We're a super bowl contender, I don't give a **** about next year. "Next year" is also probably not a great point to bring up when the player DJ will primarily replace happens to be a 37 year old playing on a one year contract. Call me crazy.

Punisher
11-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Nice i can dig this, big up to Woodyard for stepping up seems like he got the WILL locked up.

Jetmeck
11-14-2012, 02:26 AM
I gave up on Dj a few years ago when I started watching his play. Rarely a stop with no gain and many after the first down was made.

Yes his stats were great for tackles. Then I started watching WW thinking he was to small to play LB. yet his numbers were as good or better than DJs were based on the playing time they both got.

Last year WWs numbers were better than DJs were starting 6 less games than DJ did. Except sacks DJ was better. Not sure if that is because he was not asked to blitz or what. But this year WWs numbers are among the top ten in almost every meaningfully stats.

Now could Dj have done as well I have no clue but since he flaked out on his teams this year by being a dumb ass I frankly do not care.

Now as for MLB same thing applies. DJ was unale to perform his duties as MLB the last time other than make tackles again any if nit most for gains not losses.

brooking is a short term rental but is playing extremely well so why do you mess with that experienced teamwork..

It is not logical to make changes because someone that has not stepped on the field this year is now able to do so, when they have been playing lights out without him.

While you and everyone is convinced he is so valuable how can they not play him.

It will probably IMO be somewhere in the middle but mind my words he will not be on this team next year without taking a HUGE reduction in pay probably somewhere near 5 mil less.

For all the reasons above he will be playing this weekend......yada..yad....yad...I hate unions..............

Doggcow
11-14-2012, 02:31 AM

Fewer.

Doggcow
11-14-2012, 02:35 AM
I like how you think the end-all be-all defining trait of a linebacker is his proclivity to make a tackle for a loss. DJ is excellent sideline to sideline, he's not going to blow up a play too often primarily because that is not what he is asked to do.

And why do you keep bringing up next year? We're a super bowl contender, I don't give a **** about next year. "Next year" is also probably not a great point to bring up when the player DJ will primarily replace happens to be a 37 year old playing on a one year contract. Call me crazy.

Also, one thing no one has noted from what I've read... The defenses he was playing on weren't really blowing anyone up for that matter... It seems like Fox is able to get an extra gear out of all of his players, I don't see why the same wouldn't be true for DJ.

However, I'm also in the Not Broke Don't Fix It mind of thinking too. Let DJ play in passing downs, or to give our LB's a breather. No reason to put him in heavily until he proves he can grasp the system and perform as well (or better) than Brooking.

Agamemnon
11-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Chris Harris sets the rosters?

Punisher
11-14-2012, 03:50 AM

Lol yea I think he does

cmhargrove
11-14-2012, 05:45 AM
What have I learned from this thread?

Someone is keenly obsessed with hugging nuts. I mean, he is really obsessed. Everyone watch your nuts, because one of our posters here certainly is...

swaiy
11-14-2012, 05:52 AM
If Chris Harris said DJ wasnt playing, the lot of you would be more than willing to accept him as a source lol

Broncos_OTM
11-14-2012, 06:37 AM
For all the reasons above he will be playing this weekend......yada..yad....yad...I hate unions..............

You must be a union worker. Bunch enablers. Every union guy i ever met laughs, he dont have to do **** and gets a fat salary. Their the fat people in the working world.

Oh and welcome back dj,screw your head on.

go_broncos
11-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Bad Sign for us....DJ should never be allowed to play for Broncos.
Will not be surprised if we start losing games now.

TonyR
11-14-2012, 06:46 AM
Good grief all this squabbling over nothing. Harris only speculated on which position DJ will play if he plays. He's not "replacing" Brooking or immediately taking over the position as a starter. Don't expect him to start, but expect him to get some limited snaps. If he shows to be an upgrade over Brooking over the next couple of weeks maybe he's our starter down the stretch. That's what everybody should be hoping for.

bowtown
11-14-2012, 06:50 AM
He was relieved of making play calls back in 07 when he was playing MLB because he is dumber than a post was not able to relay in the calls from the sideline and if it was a bad call totally unable to make the adjustment out of it.

You keep mentioning this but I don't remember it at all. Can anyone else confirm or do you have a link? Not saying it didn't happen, just would like to know more.

Denver Bronco56
11-14-2012, 07:11 AM
I loved DJ coming out of college, getting a great athlete from the U. He was a very good player at WLB, and behind Sean Taylor and Vilma for DROY.

Then the carosel of cordinators started and I dont care how good any player is, if you are learning a new system each year and the team is filled with subpar players such as Lenny Walls, Kelly Herndon, all of the Browncos ... He was never a me first guy and played WLB, SLB, MLB, the joker spot in Nolan's D.

The dude is a very solid LB and very Athletic. People want to discredit him and his play over the years, but then praise Woodyard's this year.

The difference is Woodyard is playing in Del Rio's D that has transformed players such as Moore, Vickerson, Ayers and woodyard to good players... Williams in a Del Rio system could actually be the player he was supposed to be when we drafted him and saw flashes in certain systems over the years, i feel Del Rio runs a system that focuses on the LB...

I mean Miller who was a rush specialist last year, has appeared to be a very complete LB this year. I cant wait to see how Williams looks

mwill07
11-14-2012, 07:16 AM
It's like some of you guys don't trust Jack Del Rio and John Fox to do what is best for the team.

If they think the Deej is ready to go, I'll defer to their judgement here.

SleepingTiger
11-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Just as tebow was seen by John as Joshes mistake and he got rid of him.
IMO John sees DJ as Mikey's mistake and will get rid of him ASAP.

It is clear from everything John has done to upgrade this team, which means smart, fast, former team captains with spotless backgrounds and team players they are moving away from those cretins mikey went out and got.

That is how I see it. IMO had Mays not went down to IR they would have cut or traded DJ already.

Now he is insurance, cheap at that.

according to your logic, why didn't they cut/trade DJ at the beginning of the season. Mays went on IR 2 weeks ago, not at the beginning of the season.

The Broncos knew about his upcoming suspension and could of cut him before the season started. Why not go after Demaco Ryans (sp??)? Why not draft a LB in 2nd, 3rd round? You're freaking nuts to think the only value EFX sees in DJ is a insurance policy.

If DJ is such a horrible/bad person and performance on the field is the worst of all our LB as you say, DJ would be long gone. No team holds on to a player knowing in the offseason that the player would be suspended 6 games (later to be 9 games) only as a insurance policy. Your theory doesn't add up.

baja
11-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Good grief all this squabbling over nothing. Harris only speculated on which position DJ will play if he plays. He's not "replacing" Brooking or immediately taking over the position as a starter. Don't expect him to start, but expect him to get some limited snaps. If he shows to be an upgrade over Brooking over the next couple of weeks maybe he's our starter down the stretch. That's what everybody should be hoping for.

This. And if so very obvious I don't understand why it's being debated.

Beantown Bronco
11-14-2012, 07:59 AM
I heard on the light rail that Chris Harris and our very own fwf share the same "source."

DBroncos4life
11-14-2012, 08:12 AM
This. And if so very obvious I don't understand why it's being debated.

Well really the only thing I see being debated is can JDR get the most out of DJ. For some reason it is just flat out unacceptable to think that an above average LB as most will call DJ can make an impact over a undersized rookie or a really old vet in some packages.

baja
11-14-2012, 08:13 AM
I heard on the light rail that Chris Harris and our very own fwf share the same "source."

Chris knows Fred???

baja
11-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Well really the only thing I see being debated is can JDR get the most out of DJ. For some reason it is just flat out unacceptable to think that an above average LB as most will call DJ can make an impact over a undersized rookie or a really old vet in some packages.

Crazy talk DB4L

Requiem
11-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Welcome back, DJ Williams.
From Da La Salle (what you know about Keak da Sneak), to the U to the Denver Broncos.
http://www.procanes.com/files/williams.jpg

HATERS GONNA HATE!

lonestar
11-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Was thinking the same thing. Must be his cousin or something.

These DJ nut huggers will believe anything that is said, in this case tweeted about him. that is how desperate they are for news of any sort.

gyldenlove
11-14-2012, 10:39 AM
I am always in favour of adding depth and speed to the defense.

DJ has been practicing with the team for a few weeks during his DUI suspension so he should be pretty up to speed on a lot of things.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 10:48 AM
You must be a union worker. Bunch enablers. Every union guy i ever met laughs, he dont have to do **** and gets a fat salary. Their the fat people in the working world.

Oh and welcome back dj,screw your head on.

Yep a union lackey at best. Probably exactly like you described.

I find it amazing that a union "worker" seems to have this much time available to post all day everyday.

Sounds to me that a company is being cheated out of actual work.

But then featherbedding is common place in union shops.

Tombstone RJ
11-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Linebacker D.J. Williams is eligible to return to the team, and Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway is confident that Williams has remained in top shape during his time away.

In Tuesday’s episode of Elway Access, hosted by Broncos TV’s Chris Hall, Elway said that Williams “has been working out hard” during the suspension, but it’s still important to ease him back into the game.

“You can only get in football shape by playing football,” Elway said. “That’s why it’s important to work him in there slowly. This time of year, those linebackers take a lot of hits. He is going to be able to give those guys some time and some rest and not take that beating that they take. But we have to work him in there. We can’t give him too many reps. We’ll slowly work him in there and we’ll see how he fits.”
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/elway-talks-williams-chargers/
Make no mistake about it DJ will be playing this week.

Elway sums it up nicely here. I just don't see DJ getting a lot of playing time. Elway is admitting they don't even know where he'll fit in. Couple that with the fact that he's out of playing shape and yah, he might play this Sunday but it will be sparingly.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 10:58 AM
It's like some of you guys don't trust Jack Del Rio and John Fox to do what is best for the team.

If they think the Deej is ready to go, I'll defer to their judgement here.

Oh I completely trust them. But unlike the nut huggers, I see it for what it is. Unlikely that he is in their plans other than a spare part in case he is needed.

They expect because JDR is a miracle worker so far that instantly dumb ass is going to become an instant pro bowl player.

He is what he is a supremely gifted athlete that is a dumber than a rock. That has not produced to his potential the first 6 years of his career.

Many blame that on the revolving door at DC. But IIRC he has had the same LB coach for much of that time frame.

Place the blame where it should be if there were numerous changes in scheme if he were all that good he would have picked them up fast and adapted.

He would have been the shining star and reached his potential. But alas he has Been slightly above average on a sub par defense since he got here.

Y'all act like he is Vilma or Lewis. He is DJ and unlikely to become anything more than DJ has been.

bronco militia
11-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Welcome back, DJ Williams.
From Da La Salle (what you know about Keak da Sneak), to the U to the Denver Broncos.
http://www.procanes.com/files/williams.jpg

HATERS GONNA HATE!

WELCOME BACK RADIO!

lonestar
11-14-2012, 11:08 AM
according to your logic, why didn't they cut/trade DJ at the beginning of the season. Mays went on IR 2 weeks ago, not at the beginning of the season.

The Broncos knew about his upcoming suspension and could of cut him before the season started. Why not go after Demaco Ryans (sp??)? Why not draft a LB in 2nd, 3rd round? You're freaking nuts to think the only value EFX sees in DJ is a insurance policy.

If DJ is such a horrible/bad person and performance on the field is the worst of all our LB as you say, DJ would be long gone. No team holds on to a player knowing in the offseason that the player would be suspended 6 games (later to be 9 games) only as a insurance policy. Your theory doesn't add up.

I thought the same way. Then it hit me they have zero to lose holding on to him. Until they activate him for games he is FREE have not cost him a dime. Till game day.

Now that they forced him to take a reduction in pay forthe remaining portion of the year. And let me spell that out. He redid his contract to get less than the amount he should have in this ca before the redo 7/16s of the 5+ million for the year. He gave up the other 9/16s because he was a dumb ass. That was league mandated.

Now he is going to receive even less of that 7/16s forthe remainder of the year.

That is win win for the team they save I'd guess about 1 million or more in the give back. So instead of 5 mil for the year they have an insurance policy that cost them about a million, setting on the shelf as a spare part in case someone else goes down.

Hope that makes sense.

Dedhed
11-14-2012, 11:18 AM
I think the people calling DJ the best "pure LB" on the team are using the following definition of "Pure LB";

The "Pure LB" looks the part and was highly touted coming out of High School. He looks like an athlete, but lacks the necessary mental skills to be effective rushing the passer or dropping into coverage. He can occassionally find the football and make a play when unblocked and the play comes directly to him. The pure LB also has no interest in being a leader, or "field general" as that sort of thing is outside the Pure LBs Purview. The only requirement of the Pure LB is that he be athletic; actual playmaking ability, ability to read offenses, and leadership ability should not be considered.

swaiy
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Is "nuthugger" a new word for the older folks around here?

Dutch
11-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Fox has been nothing but positive about DJ's talent and production since he took over the HC position here. I'll defer to his expertise, especially with JDR's input. I'm going to be watching closely this week to see if they come out with more 3-4 looks getting WW and DJ on the field at the same time. It could go a ways to shoring up the middle of the field against teams like the Pats. I'm looking forward to seeing how our Defensive Braintrust integrates DJ into the lineup. Should be fun to watch.:thumbs:

DBroncos4life
11-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I think the people calling DJ the best "pure LB" on the team are using the following definition of "Pure LB";

The "Pure LB" looks the part and was highly touted coming out of High School. He looks like an athlete, but lacks the necessary mental skills to be effective rushing the passer or dropping into coverage. He can occassionally find the football and make a play when unblocked and the play comes directly to him. The pure LB also has no interest in being a leader, or "field general" as that sort of thing is outside the Pure LBs Purview. The only requirement of the Pure LB is that he be athletic; actual playmaking ability, ability to read offenses, and leadership ability should not be considered.

Yesterday I found out garbage time stats now include first half stats when the other team is leading because we ended up winning the game. The mane has funny way of viewing things.

Dedhed
11-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Fox has been nothing but positive about DJ's talent and production since he took over the HC position here. I'll defer to his expertise, especially with JDR's input. I'm going to be watching closely this week to see if they come out with more 3-4 looks getting WW and DJ on the field at the same time. It could go a ways to shoring up the middle of the field against teams like the Pats. I'm looking forward to seeing how our Defensive Braintrust integrates DJ into the lineup. Should be fun to watch.:thumbs:

They should definitely revamp the entire lineup (that's playing the best defense Denver has seen in decades) to get the sot on the field.

broncocalijohn
11-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Bad Sign for us....DJ should never be allowed to play for Broncos.
Will not be surprised if we start losing games now.

Then you can finally be happy?

lonestar
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM

Let see undersized rookie.
6-1 232 not exactly a shrimp for example 10 pounds less than super stud, 3 pounds more than WW. 8 pounds less than Brooking.

DT has 19 tackles, 1 sack , 2 passes defensed unlimited time on the field.

Can DJ make an impact maybe but I doubt it would be worth taking a promising rookie off the field who looks like tHe future opposed to a player that will be gone next year.

As for brooking the same time he started is when this D really hit is stride.

Do you really think DJ is that much an upgrade knowing that it would be a disruption of existing mojo of the team.

Rock Chalk
11-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Is Von Miller not a pure LB?

Because people saying DJ is the best pure LB must mean Von Miller isn't a pure LB, despite the fact that's the position that he plays.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 12:06 PM

That defines DJ to a T.

Myself I want. A real leader that can think and articulate any changes that need to be made prior to the snap.

Someone that has potential for growth, being a part of the team for a very long time. That is not DJ.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Fox is the master of coach speak.

Since neither Fox or JDR are not anything but master 4-3 coaches that last comment is funny at best.
Also knowing that we really do not have any. 3-4 bonafide DL guys that adds to the sillyness.

Why does everyone want to reinvent the wheel mid stream when the team is playing lights out.

Some people's kids.

KipCorrington25
11-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Folks, it's Wednesday, he'll probably get a DUI between now and Sunday. :spit:

Agamemnon
11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Brooking is a major part of the overall improvement of this defense. He's not a great athlete anymore, but he knows where to be and knows what calls to make from the Mike. If they put DJ in there over Brooking I suspect it's going to hurt us.

24champ
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Well, aside from me floating the idea of him playing the mike a few weeks ago, let me play devil's advocate on this.

1. The team could be legitimately pissed and wants to set an example.
2. Team chemistry: Fox is old school and comes from the mind set of "go to war with the team you came out of camp with." Also he could not want to "fix" what clearly isn't broken.
3. They are playing pretty well without him.

I think he'll play, though. When you look at how tight ends have killed us, his athleticism can help there.

I know your just playing Devil's advocate but this chemistry crap is overblown. Players have come out in support of DJ for a long time.

Denver Bronco56
11-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Let me also say im not trying to fix what isnt broken... Our is D is playing lights out.

But that logic is also along the lines of thinking that we cant get better. If the team can work DJ in and get him into playing shape and comfortable, I find is hard to believe he cant help us more than Brooking is...

lonestar
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
I know your just playing Devil's advocate but this chemistry crap is overblown. Players have come out in support of DJ for a long time.

I'm guessing you never played a team sport from that chmesitry comment.

As for players supporting him. What do you expect them to do through him under the bus.

I'm guessing that they know Elway, Fox and JDR would frown at that. This group of players that they have put together are smarter than what we have had in the past.

I'd also guess that word was passed not to bad mouth him in the press, they are looking for zero issues for dissent at this stage of the season especially how well it is going.

Also guessing that Manning laid down the law.

Plus the old adage if you do not have something good to say say nothing at all applies in the locker room.

Kaylore
11-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Is Von Miller not a pure LB?

Because people saying DJ is the best pure LB must mean Von Miller isn't a pure LB, despite the fact that's the position that he plays.

Von Miller is 30% linebacker
50% defensive end
10% Michael Flatley
5% Zeus
3% Steve Urkel
and 2% butterscotch ripple.

24champ
11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm guessing you never played a team sport from that chmesitry comment.

Well...you guessed wrong, peabrain.

As for players supporting him. What do you expect them to do through him under the bus.

I'm guessing that they know Elway, Fox and JDR would frown at that. This group of players that they have put together are smarter than what we have had in the past.

I'd also guess that word was passed not to bad mouth him in the press, they are looking for zero issues for dissent at this stage of the season especially how well it is going.

Plus the old adage if you do not have something good to say say nothing at all applies in the locker room.

You do a lot of guessing, but the fact is DJ Williams has been a Bronco for a very long time and the Broncos have held on to him despite his mistakes. That speaks for itself. Everyone in the org speaks highly of DJ Williams, and in a recent interview that DJ did, he speaks highly of the organization even mentioning "Fred" who is an employee of the Broncos that helps around with whatever is needed.

DBroncos4life
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Von Miller is 30% linebacker
50% defensive end
10% Michael Flatley
5% Zeus
3% Steve Urkel
and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Try half man, half bear, half pig.

baja
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM

You do a lot of guessing, but the fact is DJ Williams has been a Bronco for a very long time and the Broncos have held on to him despite his mistakes. That speaks for itself. Everyone in the org speaks highly of DJ Williams, and in a recent interview that DJ did, he speaks highly of the organization even mentioning "Fred" who is an employee of the Broncos that helps around with whatever is needed.

....collecting dog pee and such.

Beantown Bronco
11-14-2012, 01:30 PM

The Jets obviously never got this memo.

Requiem
11-14-2012, 01:32 PM
DJ dropping a Fred Flemming reference is just the jam son.

Dedhed
11-14-2012, 01:36 PM
the fact is DJ Williams has been a Bronco for a very long time.

And in that time the defense has never been as good asit has been this year.

BroncoFanDoug
11-14-2012, 02:21 PM
I expect he'll get maybe 10-20 snaps on Sunday. If he does well, he'll get more the following week, and so on.

No way he just becomes a starter immediately IMO, sends a terrible message to the rest of the players when the D has been doing well.

But if he goes out there and makes more of his snaps than Trevathan and Brooking do then nobody on the team will complain if he ends up being a starter in a few weeks. He's more talented than either of those two for sure, but he has to earn his spot in the lineup.

Yes. This is what I said in the prior DJ thread. He will see time in San Diego, if things go well (and I suspect the will) he will play more the next game. By the playoffs I suspect he will be starting, but we shall see.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 02:47 PM

BTW real class with the pea brain comment, juvenile at best.. that said..

yes he has been a good player for them

BUT hear me they are moving on.. his contract was nuts and for next year even more NUTZ 7.7 mil ..

they have DT and I will quote another site that has way more creds that most of the fanbois on here..

The first one hits big. He often plays big. He’s Danny Trevathan, the 6-1, 232-lb nickel- and dime-package linebacker. It doesn’t take much knowledge of the game to notice that he’s usually around the ball at the tackle, and that he’s essentially fearless. Danny’s been getting into games in nickel and dime coverage.

Trevathan looked outright diminutive next to the 6-5, 255-lb Carolina tight end Greg Olsen. But discriminating fans may have noticed that after Olsen had gashed the Broncos early on, the team assigned Danny to cover Olsen, with immediate positive results. Trevathan did not shut him down, and he will learn a lot from the encounter, but it shows clearly the confidence Denver is developing in him. And, it was a pretty good start, given what he was being asked to do on the fly. Olsen wasn’t the guy he was mostly studying in film work last week, and the rookie still bothered the TE and made his job harder.

Only credited with two tackles and one pass defensed, he had an impact on Olsen that slowed Cam Newton’s reads and ball placement, making it more likely that one of the Broncos defenders would have time to get to ‘Superman’. Olsen was targeted twice when Trevathan was in coverage on him, and made one of the two catches. The other was put down as a pass defensed by trebuchet Trevathan.

read a lot more at..
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/its-the-little-things-for-the-broncos

It make ZERO sense to pull the guys that got them there to experiment with a guy that has not stepped on a real field since about this time last year..

Just to see if he is an upgrade..
that is counter productive in many ways..

Takes reps away from DT/Brookings one of which is learning the ropes the other who KNOWS all the ropes..

Sends a message to the rest of the team that DJs behavior was acceptable and all is forgiven..

That folks is not the Elway, Fox, JDR or last but not least Manning way..

they may coach speak glowing terms of DJ, but that is all it is..

IIRC Elway spoke of Tebow much the same way last year and minutes later he was a Jet..

Elway is a hard core business guy that is not going to spend a dime more on a player than he has to, in order to get the same results..

lonestar
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM
The Jets obviously never got this memo.

well the Jets have been a train wreck for as long as I can remember..

Not what most would call a top class franchise..

That is what John is doing in DEN making this franchise the place the great players want to come and play at.. Has he made some mistakes sure but certainly not the train wreck personnel wise it has been for a decade or more..

bowtown
11-14-2012, 07:24 PM
You keep mentioning this but I don't remember it at all. Can anyone else confirm or do you have a link? Not saying it didn't happen, just would like to know more.

Anyone? Still curious about DJ hvaing play calling duties taken away from him in 2007. Can anyone back this up?

theAPAOps5
11-14-2012, 07:47 PM
I expect Brookings to start and DJ gets limited reps.

Please, don't let logic get in the way of these guys jumping to conclusions.

baja
11-14-2012, 08:22 PM
According to Chris Harris........

5 page thread = amazing

lonestar
11-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Anyone? Still curious about DJ hvaing play calling duties taken away from him in 2007. Can anyone back this up?

I suspect if you look at Broncosforums.com during that time frame and do a search on dj you will find it. I spent very little time here during that time frame.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 08:43 PM

5 page thread = amazing

Yes it is.

baja
11-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Where's that smily???

Nwp-Apap
11-14-2012, 08:57 PM

5 page thread = amazing

Hey man, it's the one thread I've posted here that people actually replied to.. This is big for me

NUB
11-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Wesley Woodyard has the green dot. That's about as much as I know.

Missouribronc
11-14-2012, 09:11 PM

Williams was moved from one position to another, and people like Lonestar make ridiculous assertions that it was "taken away" from him without any evidence to support the opinion.

Shanahan didn't deem him as a middle linebacker based on his size and speed. I think Shanahan made a mistake. His best year, statistically, easily came as a middle linebacker.

He'll move right into the lineup an make an impact.

Hamrob
11-14-2012, 09:13 PM
I don't think we can under-estimate what a Keith Brookings brings to our defense.

Old? Yes.

Leader? Hell Yes!

Brookings was "The guy" for the Falcons for over a decade. The Cowboys signed him for his veteran leadership. He is a leader of men....ala Peyton Manning...for our defense.

Let's face it....our defense the last 5-7yrs have had DJW and Champ....good guys...very good to great players.....but leaders? Maybe...but, obviously not what's been needed.

I agree with working DJW in b/c of his talent...but, not at the expense of our current defensive chemistry!

Bacchus
11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
LOL

Don't worry Baja, The two John's called me earlier and I signed off on it on behalf of the Orangemane.

NUB
11-14-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't think we can under-estimate what a Keith Brookings brings to our defense.

Old? Yes.

Leader? Hell Yes!

Brookings was "The guy" for the Falcons for over a decade. The Cowboys signed him for his veteran leadership. He is a leader of men....ala Peyton Manning...for our defense.

Let's face it....our defense the last 5-7yrs have had DJW and Champ....good guys...very good to great players.....but leaders? Maybe...but, obviously not what's been needed.

I agree with working DJW in b/c of his talent...but, not at the expense of our current defensive chemistry!

John Lynch and Brian Dawkins provided some good leadership in the past. I still believe losing Al Wilson really torqued Denver's defense for years, though. I never considered Wilson to be a great tackler, but he could diagnose plays with the best of them and led the defense like a Grandmaster chess player.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 11:14 PM

Old? Yes.

Leader? Hell Yes!

:thumbs: good solid post. Hell one of the most logical ones.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 11:16 PM
John Lynch and Brian Dawkins provided some good leadership in the past. I still believe losing Al Wilson really torqued Denver's defense for years, though. I never considered Wilson to be a great tackler, but he could diagnose plays with the best of them and led the defense like a Grandmaster chess player.

Actually until he had most of his fingers broken he was a damned fine tackler. Then he became a hitter because he flat could not wrap up any more.

24champ
11-15-2012, 10:33 AM
BTW real class with the pea brain comment, juvenile at best.. that said..

You made a stupid assumption and peabrain is now your new nickname.

BUT hear me they are moving on..

You said this at the beginning of the season, then again at the time of DJ's second suspension announcement. You continually repeat this, and he hasn't been let go, he's stuck around. In fact he's stuck around for almost a decade. You don't stick around that long unless the organization respects you. Did he make mistakes? Yes, and I am 100 percent sure the organization is getting him the proper help that he needs. Elway more than anyone would know exactly what DJ is going through with regards to the drinking problem.

they may coach speak glowing terms of DJ, but that is all it is..

IIRC Elway spoke of Tebow much the same way last year and minutes later he was a Jet..

Just shows that Elway knows that talent wins games in this league. Hence why he held on to DJ this season, despite your failed predictions that he would be cut immediately.

Kaylore
11-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Keith Brooking has no s at the end of his name.

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Keith Brooking has no s at the end of his name.

He does when he owns something :clown:

BowlenBall
11-15-2012, 08:47 PM
He does when he owns something :clown:

"The middle linebacker job is probably Keith Brooking's to lose."

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 08:56 PM
"The middle linebacker job is probably Keith Brooking's to lose."
I don't think he will ever lose that role on run downs. Williams will be taking Danny Trevathan's snaps.

Side note is anyone else liking what they see from Irving when he does play?

baja
11-15-2012, 09:03 PM
I don't think he will ever lose that role on run downs. Williams will be taking Danny Trevathan's snaps.

Isn't that Irvings?

Cito Pelon
11-16-2012, 12:36 PM

Well, I don't think there's any official statements about it. But, in 2008 the MLB was Nate Webster and DJ was moved back outside, so maybe that tells something.

2009, I think Dawkins had the green dot in 2009, maybe DJ had it when Dawkins was out.

2010, I think Dawkins again had the green dot, and maybe Mario Haggan was the backup green dot.

2011, I don't know, maybe Dawkins again, I think they searched around and I don't think it was DJ.

I think basically right now Denver is still searching for an everydown MLB to lead the D and wear the green dot. Brooking is the guy right now, Woodyard is the backup green dot. One of those two guys has to be on the field. DJ can sub in if Brooking is out.

lonestar
11-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Well, I don't think there's any official statements about it. But, in 2008 the MLB was Nate Webster and DJ was moved back outside, so maybe that tells something.

2009, I think Dawkins had the green dot in 2009, maybe DJ had it when Dawkins was out.

2010, I think Dawkins again had the green dot, and maybe Mario Haggan was the backup green dot.

2011, I don't know, maybe Dawkins again, I think they searched around and I don't think it was DJ.

I think basically right now Denver is still searching for an everydown MLB to lead the D and wear the green dot. Brooking is the guy right now, Woodyard is the backup green dot. One of those two guys has to be on the field. DJ can sub in if Brooking is out.

Wilson was great until he broke the thumbs and then resorted to bit hits which got his neck problems.
It is a shame that mikey/josh and now John have not come up with a long term answer there.

Brooking is a hell of a rental and DT subbing has done a hell off job for the number snap he has played. 19 tackles 1 sack and and 2 passes defensed.
After he came into the game last week the TE that caused so much grief in the first half was limited to 1 reception.

Not sure he is long term but the rest othe year should get as many snaps as they can give him to find out.

Tombstone RJ
11-16-2012, 01:13 PM

I notice Irving a lot of STs. I also see his number occassionally on defense. I tend to think any snaps DJ gets will take away from both Travathen and Irving. From what I can gather from Elway's comments is that they will move DJ around a little bit to see where he fits in best.

ozomulsion
11-16-2012, 01:19 PM

You ignored the guy who asked you to provide any evidence whatsoever that this actually happened. Are you going to ignore me now?

lonestar
11-16-2012, 02:06 PM
You ignored the guy who asked you to provide any evidence whatsoever that this actually happened. Are you going to ignore me now?

Did not ignore him told him to do the research. I know what happened as it was reported as such back when it was done.

As Someone said if he was doing such a great job at MLB in 07 why was he replaced in 08. He was on record saying he would not play Sam again but mike was ok.

I admit he was more dynamic at WLB but his replacement in 08 was unemployeed in 09 IIRC. He certainly was not a starter for anyone.

So if you want to know do a search function on the various forums.

I spent most of my time as A mod on broncosforums.com probably find it there.