PDA

View Full Version : Goodell concerned that HD is so good, there’s no need to buy tickets

Dendave
11-13-2012, 02:52 PM
What is your opinion?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/goodell-concerned-that-hd-is-so-good-theres-no-need-to-buy-tickets/

me personally, I prefer to watch at a stadium whenever I get a chance

razorwire77
11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
No sympathy for the NFL power structure, players, and owners. Every other company or organization which offers goods or services has to calibrate their product and ofter it at a competitive price. The NFL is making hand over fist money on the distribution of television rights to their product. And now they want to whine because less people are potentially willing to spend $30 for parking, hundreds of dollars for individual tickets and $6.50 for a Coors Light.

**** off Rodger.

cmhargrove
11-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Ah, i'm calling bullsh!t.

The problem is, you can buy an HD tv for the same price as attending the game. That is the main issue.

Live venues are always the best experience for real sports fans, but the cost and hassle greatly outweighs the benefits (much of the time). If I wanted to take my family to the game, we would probably pay about $125 per ticket x 5 = $625. Throw in some food, a few beers, and a trip to the team store and we are now at $750+. At today's prices, that buys me a nice 60 inch flat screen.

There's your problem Roger...

Lycan
11-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Where's the option for in my bedroom by myself, so that no-one can see me cry myself to sleep if we lose?

SleepingTiger
11-13-2012, 03:05 PM
I have never got a chance to watch any Bronco game at a stadium besides the preseason game in Charlotte against the Panthers when Elway was playing. So can't tell you if that is a good experience. I watch football some Broncos football at the bar here in Dallas. Saw a Broncos fan there, but the guy is an idiot and not fans like any of you guys here. That was pretty lame. Don't have any friends that like the Broncos or football, so can't say much there. So I always end up watching Broncos on TV or my laptop with my wife asking silly question about why these guys are hitting each other.

DivineLegion
11-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Seattle is the antithesis of this argument. What a miserable place to enjoy a football game, yet their fans come, and create a legitimate advantage for their team. In sure there are those who enjoy the comforts of their home, but the experience of being at the game provides such nostalgia for so many passionate fans, I believe the clarity of a television will never trump the reality of being there.

razorwire77
11-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Ah, i'm calling bull****.

The problem is, you can buy an HD tv for the same price as attending the game. That is the main issue.

Live venues are always the best experience for real sports fans, but the cost and hassle greatly outweighs the benefits (much of the time). If I wanted to take my family to the game, we would probably pay about $125 per ticket x 5 = $625. Throw in some food, a few beers, and a trip to the team store and we are now at $750+. At today's prices, that buys me a nice 60 inch flat screen.

Exactly, and if the NFL starts to lose viability and attendance it will have to adjust its ticket and concession prices accordingly, for the same reason we no longer have $385 land line phone bills.

DivineLegion
11-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Maybe Rodgers boogeyman will compel teams to lower ticket prices...nm.

mwill07
11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
nothing beats being part of a loud crowd, feeling the energy of the stadium, being as loud as you can with 76 thousand fans.

On the other hand, if your team sucks and the fans have no reason to cheer, might as well stay at home and save a few $$.

razorwire77
11-13-2012, 03:16 PM
I think a lot of fans don't have a choice. I still try to catch two live Bronco games per year and that's still a bit of a stretch financially (and I'm by no means broke.)

DomCasual
11-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Whenever I go to games, I find myself distracted by boobs and shiny things. Hence, I would rather watch a game at home. I have a killer set-up for sports watching.

I would go to more games if I lived in Denver, though.

broncosteven
11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Goodell is a fool, HD is not going to keep me home.

High ticket prices and service gouging does. I like to go to at least one game a year, if I had season tix I would probably sell off half. It is the parking and prices for food and drinks on top of already high ticket prices that would keep me away. Plus I don't live in the Denver area.

If you want to fill the stadium lower or freeze ticket prices for the next couple years.

Owners and their greed are what is killing the game attendance Roger, not HD TV. I have had Direct TV Sunday ticket for over a decade and not once have I stayed home for a football game that I had the chance to go to because I wanted to watch it on TV.

gunns
11-13-2012, 03:39 PM
There's nothing like watching the game at the Stadium. Even "away" games are great. Nothing like home games though. I have no problem watching them on TV. For me there's little alternative except for the occasional game. And I totally agree with prices. I'm by no means broke either but damn that's expensive.

Kaylore
11-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I like both. I don't think I could ever be a season ticket holder, though. The drive down/or light rail, long lines, hard weather-exposed seats, and then coming back would be too much for me to do ten times a year. Once for the regular season and maybe a playoff appearance is fine. The rest of the time I will enjoy my big screen 1080p DVR and couch.

fwf
11-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Boo Hoo f'n Hoo. What compels him to say this out loud? What a tool this guy is. We understand yourself, as well as the other 32 owners have only one goal in mind.. which is to take as much cash from the working joe as possible, but do you really have to rub it in our faces?

Do we know how much these owners are pulling in a year in profit?

If theyre barely breaking even, then fine, but come on, cant they just let a good thing be.

I really hate this guy. REally.

Not to mention that the league has anti-trust exemptions. Any other monopoly like this would be shut down. No questions asked. This guy thinks he's really something.

And my write in is: on the deck with the dogs.

OBF1
11-13-2012, 03:59 PM

You are getting away cheap at $750.00... For Chica and I to attend a game not only do we need game tickets, food and parking, but throw in air fare from Los Angeles, Hotel for a couple nights and a car rental. easy grand to visit Mile High stadium for us.

Rock Chalk
11-13-2012, 04:09 PM
I like watching games on my TV in my recliner, with my beer that is reasonably priced and a bathroom that doesn't smell like a urinal and my pick of food without standing in a line for 30 minutes to get it.

Call me crazy, but that sounds like an infinitely better time to me.

Marshall Dumervil
11-13-2012, 04:31 PM

Yep, I really wanted to go to the SD game this weekend. It's also my birthday, and my wife really wanted us to go. After figuring it would cost about $600 I said **** it. I could do it, but it's just stupid to pay $600 for a few hours entertainment.

FireFly
11-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I love watching the games on my big HD screen with the family and best friends!

Arkansas Bronco
11-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Well since I live in Arkansas. Im on the tv side. Plus I can see it better then actually at the game.

Inkana7
11-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Went to my first ever NFL game this year (Broncos-Bengals) and the experience is pretty awesome. I was worried that my seats would make it hard to see the field but that wasn't a problem at all. Both live and on TV are wonderful ways to watch a wonderful game.

cutthemdown
11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Its too expensive to go to a lot of football games.

McDman
11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Just went to the game at Panther's stadium, it was $450 for three tickets. **** that bull****.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Where's the option for in my bedroom by myself, so that no-one can see me cry myself to sleep if we lose?

I was waiting for another comment about if we win.

Agamemnon
11-13-2012, 05:15 PM
HD TV definitely beats freezing your balls off in the nosebleeds. The better seats? Not so much. If you are going to a game and don't have good seats you're really going to just say you went, and to show support for your team.

DenverBroncosJM
11-13-2012, 05:16 PM
You are getting away cheap at $750.00... For Chica and I to attend a game not only do we need game tickets, food and parking, but throw in air fare from Los Angeles, Hotel for a couple nights and a car rental. easy grand to visit Mile High stadium for us.

Same here..BUT if I lived there would I go to every game? probably not I could see it becoming a hassle.

I was at the Bears game last year in Denver and I can say there is a different feeling of being at the game, that game more than most was an awesome experience. A lot like the SD game this year..I have been very lucky that the games I do attend turn out to be awesome.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 05:19 PM
I like watching games on my TV in my recliner, with my beer that is reasonably priced and a bathroom that doesn't smell like a urinal and my pick of food without standing in a line for 30 minutes to get it.

I used to have season tickets from 1960 thru 1979 when I moved out of Colorado for good..

I spent more time in the urinal line than some folks on here have time as fans....

You know you can get a urinal installed in your bathroom for the full game day experience..

Now I like the DVR, so I can replay it stop it to go to the head, skip through the commercials , having my sweetie bring me a beverage or snacks and most of all the 60" led surround sound experience in a climate controlled situation..

Now I would go to a game if it was one of interest had prime seats and up front parking.. But going back to the 70's in the cold nasty weather on a regular basis not happening for me..

baja
11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
I like o go to 1 or 2 games a year and watch the rest on my TV. I got my eye on an 80 inch LcD at Cosco.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I prefer at home but enjoy the stadium experience as well. So my solution is I go to all the preseason games and get tix on the cheap at Stubhub (and target club level) or get free tix from one of the many season tix holders I know. Regular season games are in the comfort of my home

BroncoMan4ever
11-13-2012, 05:35 PM
I used to love the stadium atmosphere but ever since the new stadium got built it seems as though they cater more to the white collar wine and cheese ticket buyers as opposed to the die hard fans. Add in raises in ticket prices and it becomes more fun to enjoy at home.

I remember having stadium security called on a few friends and I for cheering loudly and disturbing others around us. We were not drunk off our asses or being vulgar, just a group of fans having a nice time.

spdirty
11-13-2012, 05:35 PM
This is what I do when going to the game...

-Load up a bunch of mountain dew and coke, as well as candy and some snacks to get me through the game. I don't need alcohol and I'm sure as hell not paying stadium prices for a freaking beer or hot meal.

-Take a piss right before kickoff...this will usually last me through the game so I will never have to get out of my seat.

-Park at Auraria Campus. Nice walk, only $10.

-Bring my old trusty transister radio with the headphones so I always know wtf is going on.

Not including tickets it costs me an extra $20-$25 to go. But I haven't gone to a regular season game since '09, haven't had season tickets since '07 and I'm fine with it. Really don't need to go anymore.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 06:00 PM
I like o go to 1 or 2 games a year and watch the rest on my TV. I got my eye on an 80 inch LcD at Cosco.

wait for the 100".. black Friday sale..

I saved about 1200 last year on my Sony Bravia back lit LED LCD 3D 55" unit just about half price.. bought it online a few minutes after mid nite.. followed it up with a 3D blue ray surround sound 1000 watt 7 speaker with wireless rear speakers home theater a few minutes later. saved about 700 on that one..

But no Christmas for me this year got it all last year..

to top it all off NO TAXES and free delivery. had them in home Tuesday the next week which totally surprised me when the Fedex truck showed up.... figured they would get here about a week before Christmas..

lonestar
11-13-2012, 06:02 PM
I used to love the stadium atmosphere but ever since the new stadium got built it seems as though they cater more to the white collar whine and cheese ticket buyers as opposed to the die hard fans. Add in raises in ticket prices and it becomes more fun to enjoy at home.

I remember having stadium security called on a few friends and I for cheering loudly and disturbing others around us. We were not drunk off our asses or being vulgar, just a group of fans having a nice time.

fixed that for you..

Dr. Broncenstein
11-13-2012, 06:32 PM
I love the new stadium experience. Needs a better wine selection but the cheese is top notch. If anyone is standing in front if me, I just text their location and security gives them the boot.

baja
11-13-2012, 06:32 PM
wait for the 100".. black Friday sale..

I saved about 1200 last year on my Sony Bravia back lit LED LCD 3D 55" unit just about half price.. bought it online a few minutes after mid nite.. followed it up with a 3D blue ray surround sound 1000 watt 7 speaker with wireless rear speakers home theater a few minutes later. saved about 700 on that one..

But no Christmas for me this year got it all last year..

to top it all off NO TAXES and free delivery. had them in home Tuesday the next week which totally surprised me when the Fedex truck showed up.... figured they would get here about a week before Christmas..

Good score. That won't work for me though I live in Baja Mx. Cosco is my only shot. Gonna cost me about $4,500 before the surround sound equipment. Who said living in Mexico is cheap! ;D

lonestar
11-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Good score. That won't work for me though I live in Baja Mx. Cosco is my only shot. Gonna cost me about $4,500 before the surround sound equipment. Who said living in Mexico is cheap! ;D

yeah your screwed.. I guess that amazon does not deliver there? that was where I got all my stuff..

ZONA
11-13-2012, 07:16 PM
No sympathy at all. Ticket prices, concessions and parking are outrageous. They've basically priced the "normal" fans out of going to the stadium. They make a killing with their TV and satellite deals. Their merchandising is major lucrative. Those owners can go suck it. They're all practically billionaires. Never enough for them.

You want normal fans back, lower ticket prices so they don't have to wait for a tax return just to be able to afford to go to the game.

bronco militia
11-13-2012, 08:06 PM
I love the new stadium experience. Needs a better wine selection but the cheese is top notch. If anyone is standing in front if me, I just text their location and security gives them the boot.

LOL

you dick!

BroncsCheer
11-13-2012, 08:27 PM
NFL games are a pretty damn good TV show if you think about it.

For me, I can't financially justify the expense against saving for retirement, kids educations, and rainy day fund.

Having Manning sure helps get the games on the tube here every week too.

errand
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
I have never got a chance to watch any Bronco game at a stadium besides the preseason game in Charlotte against the Panthers when Elway was playing. So can't tell you if that is a good experience. I watch football some Broncos football at the bar here in Dallas. Saw a Broncos fan there, but the guy is an idiot and not fans like any of you guys here. That was pretty lame. Don't have any friends that like the Broncos or football, so can't say much there. So I always end up watching Broncos on TV or my laptop with my wife asking silly question about why these guys are hitting each other.

Got a friend who lives in Plano, and he tells me that the best place to watch the Broncos in Dallas is Sharky's bar and grill on corner of Preston Rd. and Summerside (17453 Preston Rd.)

It's located in a shopping center next to a Cowboy Chicken, and across the street from a La Hacienda depending on if you're coming from G. Bush Pkwy or 635, it's north of McCallum Blvd. and south of Frankford.

Broncos are on the big screen near pool tables and on big screen area in front of couches and tables...and there are like 15-20 Broncos fans there almost EVERY game.

errand
11-13-2012, 08:46 PM
No sympathy at all. Ticket prices, concessions and parking are outrageous. They've basically priced the "normal" fans out of going to the stadium. They make a killing with their TV and satellite deals. Their merchandising is major lucrative. Those owners can go suck it. They're all practically billionaires. Never enough for them.

You want normal fans back, lower ticket prices so they don't have to wait for a tax return just to be able to afford to go to the game.

Arthur Blank did exactly that when he took over the Falcons...he wanted people who lived near the Georgia Dome to attend games so he had several areas where fans could pay like $20 for a ticket (might have even been lower)

I wouldn't pay that kind of money they ask ....got better things to spend my money on. I'll watch them at home or go to a sports bar for $10-12 of wings and a coke (free refills) and bank the rest.

bronco militia
11-13-2012, 08:46 PM
goodell needs to be concerned about the redzone channel.....

7 hours of commercial free football!

Houshyamama
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
There's a reason no one wants to go to games anymore. It's an overpriced, Disneyfied, stress-laden annoyance.

That One Guy
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
I've been against the gameday experience for quite some time. I have numerous posts whining against it. My only annoyance at this point is that superfans still compete for the tickets so the prices don't come down.

A gameday experience is the antithesis of relaxing and if you want to see what just happened, you have to watch the TV screen anyways. Very select aspects might be enjoyable but even watching with strangers in a sports bar is more enjoyable than gameday. Add in the absurd prices and it'll be a hell no for me for a long, long time.

Broncojef
11-13-2012, 09:36 PM
I used to love the stadium atmosphere but ever since the new stadium got built it seems as though they cater more to the white collar wine and cheese ticket buyers as opposed to the die hard fans. Add in raises in ticket prices and it becomes more fun to enjoy at home.

Add in everyone that wants to bring their 5 year old kids and wife for a nice day at the stadium and security gets called on the rat your neighbor line the first sound of a "F" bomb. If you pay the kinda money games cost nowadays they should have topless witresses, decent priced beers and the right to say whatever you want. I can have all of the above at home without the beer patrol or sensitivity police escorting me out of my overpriced seat.

BroncoMan4ever
11-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Add in everyone that wants to bring their 5 year old kids and wife for a nice day at the stadium and security gets called on the rat your neighbor line the first sound of a "F" bomb. If you pay the kinda money games cost nowadays they should have topless witresses, decent priced beers and the right to say whatever you want. I can have all of the above at home without the beer patrol or sensitivity police escorting me out of my overpriced seat.
I have tried for the topless waitress with the fiance but can only have it if none of my friends come over. And as hot as she looks topless bringing beers and wings, her football knowledge is ****. So I have the option of a few hours hanging out having fun with friends or watch alone with bare boobs.

mwill07
11-13-2012, 10:06 PM
out of the options in the poll, I vote sports bar.

I don't have a man-cave nor local Bronco fans, so that's out. my usual routine is family room w/ wife & kids. When the Den/NE game wasn't televised here, I went to a sports bar to watch the game...gotta say, it was pretty awesome.

I don't normally go to bars alone, not really my cup of tea. But, being able to sit alone, undisturbed, not have to yell at the kids for fighting with each other, never having to wipe any 3 year old butts, no wife wanting to tell me the latest neighborhood gossip...it was pretty sweet. As an added bonus, beer and snacks, brought directly to me for a small fee.

part of me is hoping the Charger game won't be broadcast locally...

That One Guy
11-13-2012, 10:38 PM
out of the options in the poll, I vote sports bar.

I don't have a man-cave nor local Bronco fans, so that's out. my usual routine is family room w/ wife & kids. When the Den/NE game wasn't televised here, I went to a sports bar to watch the game...gotta say, it was pretty awesome.

I don't normally go to bars alone, not really my cup of tea. But, being able to sit alone, undisturbed, not have to yell at the kids for fighting with each other, never having to wipe any 3 year old butts, no wife wanting to tell me the latest neighborhood gossip...it was pretty sweet. As an added bonus, beer and snacks, brought directly to me for a small fee.

part of me is hoping the Charger game won't be broadcast locally...

That's why I never go to a bar without my wife. The first time I did, I'd probably never see my family on a Sunday again.

As long as they're there, however, sportsbars blow. Even finishing a single game with family there is frustrating. They want to eat and leave and I don't even care if I touch my food before halftime.

ak1971
11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
get season tickets..sell half of them for a premium.. (preferably to Steeler Fans, etc..(this really pisses off the 'true' fan police)) Buy a huge TV with your profits for the games you sell, and the rest of your games are free...the next season you can skip the purchase of the TV, and buy more beer.

broncocalijohn
11-13-2012, 11:20 PM

Rarity here but Chief Planet has the exact Poll up on this site but they added your question. Currently has 68% of the response. Half the other 32% don't have a bedroom or their own home.

El Guapo
11-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I voted sportsbar, only because here in DC I have found a pretty legit fan club that gets together for every Broncos game at one particular bar. We do all of the chants that are done in the stadium and it really makes me feel like I belong to something. It's the only bright spot in this ****hole.

baja
11-13-2012, 11:39 PM
I voted sportsbar, only because here in DC I have found a pretty legit fan club that gets together for every Broncos game at one particular bar. We do all of the chants that are done in the stadium and it really makes me feel like I belong to something. It's the only bright spot in this ****hole.

Do the chicks scream out El Guapo and throw their panties at you? ;D

BroncoBeavis
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
get season tickets..sell half of them for a premium.. (preferably to Steeler Fans, etc..(this really pisses off the 'true' fan police)) Buy a huge TV with your profits for the games you sell, and the rest of your games are free...the next season you can skip the purchase of the TV, and buy more beer.

I think you vastly overestimate the value of entry level season tickets. :)

BroncoBeavis
11-13-2012, 11:44 PM

Would you say he had a Plethora of panties thrown?

Jetmeck
11-13-2012, 11:50 PM
I dunno I am torn. When I can buy tickets to Broncos at Chiefs for 10 bucks what should I do ? LoL

Thanks Chiefs................

baja
11-14-2012, 12:02 AM
I dunno I am torn. When I can buy tickets to Broncos at Chiefs for 10 bucks what should I do ? LoL

Thanks Chiefs................

Does this mean it won't be a flex game???

lonestar
11-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Does this mean it won't be a flex game???

never heard of them flexing an early game before..

baja
11-14-2012, 12:07 AM
never heard of them flexing an early game before..

We need a smily for over his head....

Jetmeck
11-14-2012, 01:44 AM
We need a smily for over his head....

That haven't made one for whats in his head...........:welcome:

ol#7
11-14-2012, 02:32 AM
I just had this conversation with co-workers the other day. I told them I had no regrets about giving up my season tix, because it was too expensive and too much of a PITA to go to 10 games a year anyway. If I want to go to a game, getting tickets on stubhub is not that difficult, and on top of that, the experience IS better at home. No snow, rain, cold, beer dumped down your back, exhorbiant parking fees, bad angles, no controversial replays shown, etc, etc. I still have a good time at a game, but it takes alot of effort to go, never mind the cost. Plus if I want to have a couple, no worries about how I am getting home, DUI checks, etc, etc.

Sportsbars are OK, but you can never hear anything. I used to like one that was over by Villa Italia, but that place closed. Jacksons Hole was OK too, but if you go there for an early game, you miss half the 2pm game before you get home.

Too many advantages to staying home, even if you have to buy the sunday ticket to get the games you want. Much better trade.

SleepingTiger
11-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Got a friend who lives in Plano, and he tells me that the best place to watch the Broncos in Dallas is Sharky's bar and grill on corner of Preston Rd. and Summerside (17453 Preston Rd.)

It's located in a shopping center next to a Cowboy Chicken, and across the street from a La Hacienda depending on if you're coming from G. Bush Pkwy or 635, it's north of McCallum Blvd. and south of Frankford.

Broncos are on the big screen near pool tables and on big screen area in front of couches and tables...and there are like 15-20 Broncos fans there almost EVERY game.

Thanks, anyone near Dallas want to meet up this Sunday?

loborugger
11-14-2012, 08:02 AM

This is exactly where I am at. Plus, they have been starting to bring TSA to games, so soon you will get to add 'Not getting my nuts groped by a middle-aged man named Budkowski' to the list.

milehighJC
11-14-2012, 08:16 AM
The poll is missing my option. Stadium, and TV

I have 2 seats for half the season, and as far as Im concerned, there is no better place to watch the game (even though the seats are in the upper deck).

BUT... when I get home from the game, I usually will watch the game again in the man cave - skipping the commercials and announcerbabble between plays. Takes a little over an hour to go over the game, watch the key plays again, and catch the things you miss when taking a gulp of beer.

But Goodell is a fool if he thinks for a minute that HD is going to hurt his ticket sales. As everyone here is saying, its the PRICES stupid. &Diety forbid, when harder times come the football tickets are at the top of the list of expenses to be cut, not because I dont like football, but because even in the cheap seats a day at Mile High is still probably one of the most frivolous things I spend money on.

I would argue that HD, and DVRs may actually BOOST ticket sales, as they create MORE rabid fans. Ill speak for myself, since getting the big TV (100" projected (BTW, cheaper than your average big screen LCD) I have become more addicted to football. I watch more games than ever, and not just Broncos games. Dimwit Roger, you are getting the advertising revenue for that too, but apparently you dont understand that.

So Roger, try raising ticket prices and blacking out the games that are not sold out. See what happens. While Im on a good rant, have you thought about the integrity of the game you present - or have you forgotten about the replacement ref debacle? If there was ANYTHING in the last 10 years that made me not want to watch football (live, or on TV) it was the replacement refs. Yeah, that was you trying to pass off a train wreck as football.

Now... about the San Diego game. Cant wait to go yell at Rivers until I cant talk Ha!

El Guapo
11-14-2012, 08:38 AM

I'm still working on that angle. Once that's accomplished I will never leave and wait in anticipation for the next game. ;)

Beantown Bronco
11-14-2012, 08:56 AM
It would cost me about the same these days to take the family to Disney World for a week than for us to go to a game at Mile High. Obviously, if I lived in Denver that wouldn't be the case, but airfare to Denver is a killer unless you catch it just right.

baja
11-14-2012, 08:59 AM
I could take 3 10+hookers nude fishing for less.

Bait my hook.... ;D

AK Broncomaniac
11-14-2012, 09:04 AM
HD TV definitely beats freezing your balls off in the nosebleeds. The better seats? Not so much. If you are going to a game and don't have good seats you're really going to just say you went, and to show support for your team.

I used to think that... but not anymore. I always sat in lower level seats, usually right behind our bench. I didn't know what to expect the first time I sat with Miles and crew in the "nosebleeds". I actually had a better view of the whole field and even better yet, the company of friends! :sunshine:

baja
11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
I had great seats at the Denver - SD game and that would have been great, I was on the end of the row but every 10 seconds someone had to get by to either piss or buy another beer I had to stand up to let them by so I missed several plays

Must be a bladder virus in SD.

Lots of hot women though - very jiggley

Bronco Yoda
11-14-2012, 10:37 AM
I guess it depends on who you are targeting. And this is where the NFL may be screwing itself in the long run.

It's just too expensive as a 'family' event. I still remember going to Mile High as child with my Dad (though I dragged him there... not the other way around as he wasn't into football) but nevertheless I have fond memories. Memories that made it sentimental to go to games as an adult. Regardless of how good the team may be at the time playing on the field. There was that 'connection'.

I must admit I haven't taken my kids to a game yet. Same with my friends in similar circumstances. Thus i doubt they'll have that same deep loyal sentimental connection going to live games as I do.

baja
11-14-2012, 11:00 AM
When you start to see blackouts popping up on more than the usual suspects and TV revenues start to be effected you will see a reduction in ticket prices

You got to price to the market, it's the American way.

Bronco Yoda
11-14-2012, 11:25 AM
That is true. And that's the way it should be. Just as the Market will self correct... albeit under painful circumstances. The market is reactionary not proactive. Sometimes this is good. Sometimes it's not but usually always a little messy with a little bit of pain involved. But a long market correction could disenfranchise an entire generation in the process. Not sure that's really worth it in the long run.

baja
11-14-2012, 11:36 AM
That is true. And that's the way it should be. Just as the Market will self correct... albeit under painful circumstances. The market is reactionary not proactive. Sometimes this is good. Sometimes it's not but usually always a little messy with a little bit of pain involved. But a long market correction could disenfranchise an entire generation in the process. Not sure that's really worth it in the long run.

Of course it isn't but when you have 32 individuals needing to agree on a change and greed is part of the equation often they, due to that greed, let it break before they relent and fix the root problem. Just look at the professional sporting strikes.

Pick Six
11-14-2012, 11:54 AM
That's why I never piled on the Chargers fans for their blackouts. It's just too expensive to go to a game. I've been going to the same sports bar for 5-6 years. There is quite a few local Broncos fans that frequent the same bar. We have a good time...

Beantown Bronco
11-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Of course it isn't but when you have 32 individuals needing to agree on a change and greed is part of the equation often they, due to that greed, let it break before they relent and fix the root problem. Just look at the professional sporting strikes.

don't get me started on the current state of the NHL.

Requiem
11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Matt Prater Miracle vs. Bears. Great seats.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/384659_805739494769_1108448763_n.jpg

BroncsRule
11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Back in the '90's, I used to go 5+ times a year. Seemed like we'd be down there every other weekend. Always scalped best available tix out front, right before game time, usually for below face value. (I remember one time in 2000 we scored Club seats on the 50 for $40 each - SCORE!!)

Me & my buddy (or my son, when he got a little older) would park free at one of the strip malls further south on Federal & hop on the '31. And before the strip search/pat down era, it wasn't a big deal to sneak in a quart of something to warm the kidneys. We could usually get in & out for under $100.

Niow, not so much.

I still go once a year, on average, but I have to plan it.

Denver Bronco56
11-14-2012, 01:37 PM
I honestly can say that this past weekend was my 2nd Broncos game of my life. The first being the Jacksonville game a couple years back which was miserable...4 hour drive with perfect weather, then we get into the game and it poured the broncos lost etc...

This past weekend was amazing even with upper level tickets, I got 2 tickets for 150$ midfield. The game was great.

Having experienced both a great game and a terrible game in person, and hundreds watched on TV. I would go to the games everyweekend if I could, nothing like the experience of the opposing fans and broncos fans interracting in the game and trash talking that occurs in game.

I think this is just like going to see a concert, if you have a great stereo im sure the quality is amazing and price is alot cheaper. But the experience of the concert is still where its at.

PaintballCLE
11-14-2012, 05:23 PM
the bigger problem is getting sunday ticket off of ****ty directv and letting other providers offer it too. NBA, MLB, NCAA all do....... why should the NFL be any different

baja
11-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Money money money

broncobum6162
11-15-2012, 08:40 PM
What is your opinion?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/goodell-concerned-that-hd-is-so-good-theres-no-need-to-buy-tickets/

me personally, I prefer to watch at a stadium whenever I get a chance

Adolf Goodell is a greedy bastard. Wish he would find a bunker and....