PDA

View Full Version : DJ's return

JCMElway
11-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Where to put him? Joe mays is out for the year (I know you're all heart-broken), so we can definitely use him. It would seem that we have the most need at MLB. Woodyard and Von are playing at such a high level, he won't push them aside.

Brooking is currently starting at Mike and being backed up by Steven Johnson. DJ probably will not be quite so quick on the draw as he has been, so MLB would seem to fit his skill set best at this point. The question is, does DJ return to the starting lineup for the majority of snaps? Or does he see spot duty in certain situations?

What is DJ's role going forward?

Discuss.

Paladin
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
I predict spot duty for a couple of weeks, at least. Others are playing well right now.. Who gets cut on the 53 to bring him on?

JCMElway
11-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Caleb Hanie!!

Atwater His Ass
11-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Make him earn a starting spot back. The D is in a good place right now, it would upset the chemistry and morale to just hand a guy coming of a 9 week suspension a starting role without earning it.

DJ can have an immediate impact playing special teams and rotation duty on the D, cover guy in a nickel situation.

bowtown
11-12-2012, 03:48 PM
In b4 lonelystar takes a dump.

JCMElway
11-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Or we could cut Andre Caldwell. Waste of space so far....

swaiy
11-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Or we could cut Andre Caldwell. Waste of space so far....

Yeah, it would be a great idea to cut WR depth...

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
If they aren't going to use Knowshoe drop that boy.

Lestat
11-12-2012, 04:02 PM
i don't know that i want him anywhere near MLB. he can't make calls.
he struggled badly with that last time he was the MLB.
he needs to be the WLB. as much as i love Woodyard and his play DJ is our best LB, Von is a beast but not a true full on LB yet.

LongDongJohnson
11-12-2012, 04:09 PM
I say put him at solb and bench miller.

DJ played solb a few years back in the day. He knows the position well.

IHaveALight
11-12-2012, 04:17 PM
he needs to be the WLB. as much as i love Woodyard and his play DJ is our best LB, Von is a beast but not a true full on LB yet.

Seriously? Show me when DJ had a better season than Woody is having right now.

razorwire77
11-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Make him earn a starting spot back. The D is in a good place right now, it would upset the chemistry and morale to just hand a guy coming of a 9 week suspension a starting role without earning it.

DJ can have an immediate impact playing special teams and rotation duty on the D, cover guy in a nickel situation.

This. Make the guy earn it. Have him play special teams, put him in certain blitz packages, but this defense is in a good place. Don't **** it up.

DBroncos4life
11-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Seriously? Show me when DJ had a better season than Woody is having right now.

Show us when DJ played on a D this good before? WW should still start and play a ton but lets not act like we have had a D this good in years with a DC that knows a thing or two about LBs. WW has his limitations as well. Two weeks ago he was getting beat pretty bad against the Bengals with RBs out of the backfield. I think they can both work on the field together in packages.

KipCorrington25
11-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Make him earn his stripes on special teams.

DenverBroncosJM
11-12-2012, 04:36 PM
run more 3-4 and have him as the other middle LB. I am sure there is a technical term besides other MLB, I just choose not to look it up and try and appear like I know what I am talking about

ludo21
11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
The whole LB corp is subbing like crazy other than Von Miller. Just throw him in the mix and then let him play full time in a couple of weeks if he is looking ready.

Glad he is back!!

jerseyboiler120
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Gotta make him earn it. Too much positive chemistry on the D right now.

IHaveALight
11-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Show us when DJ played on a D this good before? WW should still start and play a ton but lets not act like we have had a D this good in years with a DC that knows a thing or two about LBs. WW has his limitations as well. Two weeks ago he was getting beat pretty bad against the Bengals with RBs out of the backfield. I think they can both work on the field together in packages.

I guess this explains why Woody was more productive than DJ last year too...

I don't get it, DJ has always been an above average player, nothing more, but yet people around here still think he's a good to great player. And I just have to shake my head at people who say he's the best overall linebacker on our team. Von is better than DJ in all three linebacker fazes. Rushing the passer, stopping the run and even in pass coverage. And he's far better at causing turnovers. It's not even close who the best linebacker on the team is.

IHaveALight
11-12-2012, 05:07 PM
And if I recall correctly our D was better when DJ was hurt last year and Woody was filling in.

cmhargrove
11-12-2012, 05:15 PM
I will be amazed if Brooking can stay healthy the rest of the season. A guy his age usually hits the wall sooner or later. Bring DJ into the rotation and get him ready to help with the playoff run.

Also, just as a point of order. Our new coaching staff has everyone playing better (including Woodyard, Miller, Tevathan, etc.). I have no reason to believe that they willl fail with DJ. He might be about to receive the best coaching, and be part of the best system of his career. I expect him to look really good when he returns.

DBroncos4life
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
I guess this explains why Woody was more productive than DJ last year too...

I don't get it, DJ has always been an above average player, nothing more, but yet people around here still think he's a good to great player. And I just have to shake my head at people who say he's the best overall linebacker on our team. Von is better than DJ in all three linebacker fazes. Rushing the passer, stopping the run and even in pass coverage. And he's far better at causing turnovers. It's not even close who the best linebacker on the team is.

More productive? DJ had more sacks and same amount of FF. DJ does things WW doesn't just like WW does things better then DJ. It's not that hard to understand.

If DJ is an above average LB so is WW which is perfectly OK with me. As for the rest of that crap you posted not a single person thinks DJ is better then Miller. Why you even typed that I have no clue.

BroncoMan4ever
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM

Woodyard is playing at a higher level than DJ has in recent seasons. DJ is not taking back that spot. When he retirns he needs to get used to situational work and working on taking over the MLB

gyldenlove
11-12-2012, 05:27 PM
That is easy, have him run in sub packages and spot duty and see if he can take over from Keith the old guy down the road.

broncosteven
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I would see what he does in practice at MLB. He is more athletic than Brooking is. I know Trevathan has been getting reps, I wouldn't mess with the rotation other than take snaps from Brooking.

Lestat
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Woodyard is playing at a higher level than DJ has in recent seasons. DJ is not taking back that spot. When he retirns he needs to get used to situational work and working on taking over the MLB

i don't see him being the MLB unless the defense is so different that the calls are simplified and he won't struggle with him.
he's not gonna take the SLB job from Von, he's not a MLB and he's always been best at WLB.

i love what Woodyard is doing but i don't see him holding off DJ for very long.

IHaveALight
11-12-2012, 05:45 PM
More productive? DJ had more sacks and same amount of FF. DJ does things WW doesn't just like WW does things better then DJ. It's not that hard to understand.

If DJ is an above average LB so is WW which is perfectly OK with me. As for the rest of that crap you posted not a single person thinks DJ is better then Miller. Why you even typed that I have no clue.

There were many people saying this in preseason.

broncswin
11-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Make him earn his stripes on special teams.

Excellent idea kip:strong::strong:

Broncojef
11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I'll cheer for the guy if he's wearing orange but a part of me would love to see him gone. DMac played an interview DJ gave Sunday night to reporters and he's as annoying in interviews as he is clueless about life in general. Hope we draft a stud to replace him next year.

BroncoMan4ever
11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
i don't see him being the MLB unless the defense is so different that the calls are simplified and he won't struggle with him.
he's not gonna take the SLB job from Von, he's not a MLB and he's always been best at WLB.

i love what Woodyard is doing but i don't see him holding off DJ for very long.

MLB is the only spot that can be upgraded with his presence. At WLB with the way Woodyard has played would not be an upgrade and at best would be an equal swap. If he can't take over from old man Brooking, he doesn't deserve to play anything but Special Teams and in situational packages

BroncoMan4ever
11-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I'll cheer for the guy if he's wearing orange but a part of me would love to see him gone. DMac played an interview DJ gave Sunday night to reporters and he's as annoying in interviews as he is clueless about life in general. Hope we draft a stud to replace him next year.
DJ is like Dale Carter to me. Worthless turd I wish played elsewhere.

Play2win
11-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Just not MLB.

Joe Mays plays better MLB than DJ Williams.

Rohirrim
11-12-2012, 07:57 PM
I'll be really surprised if DJ is in any shape to play. Maybe in four or five weeks.

The Broncos should use the rest of this season to pump up his trade value.

Heyneck
11-12-2012, 08:06 PM
put him in at rb... seriously!

TheReverend
11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
put him in at rb... seriously!

9 YPC as a FB at Miami.

Nwp-Apap
11-12-2012, 08:26 PM
I'll be really surprised if DJ is in any shape to play. Maybe in four or five weeks.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't. Football shape is easily obtainable in like 5 days of running. Apparently he came in the best shape he's ever been, so there's that too.

R8R H8R
11-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I trust JDR to do whatever he wants with DJ; he can sit him, play him, or a little of both for all I care. Having DJ come back is what you would call a "good problem to have".

But if all he did is come in on the nickel and cover the TE, that would really boost an already very good defense.

mkporter
11-12-2012, 09:42 PM

:spit:

Is there anyone else who actually agrees with the statement? In what regard is DJ a better linebacker? Maybe pass coverage. Maybe. It isn't even close as a pass rusher or run defender.

OBF1
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
DJ can play where ever they need him.... But it does not mean he has to be calling out the defensive plays. Someone else that is better versed in the new defense will call the plays.

theAPAOps5
11-12-2012, 10:05 PM

Between this and Porter you sure are for removing our best playing defenders right now. Are you Shanahan?

lonestar
11-12-2012, 10:49 PM
In b4 lonelystar takes a dump.

Oh so cute. What are you 12 or 13. Just another juvenile post.

lonestar
11-12-2012, 10:57 PM

Yep DJ had more sacks than WW did but then he also started 7 more games than he did.

As for why he had those sacks did you ever think it was the call from the sidelines and not just DJs idea.

Conversely we do not know if WW was asked to blitz at all last year.

Other than a couple of sacks and FF in those 7 more starts it seems if you further look at the stats you see that WW had more tackles than DJ did.

But then cherry picking is nothing new for you is it.

Btw yes some DJ nut huggers have called him the best LB we had last year.

lonestar
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM

Since I think anyone that is seriously not in love with the guy knows he is not what John E, Fox or JDR is looking for long term players. Smart, leaders as in college team Captain type guys. DJ is an athlete no doubt but is a dumb ass. He has embarrassed the team (Elways old team) with his dumb assery.

He had to take a pay cut for the rest of the year in order to come back. For anyone with an IQ over room temperature that pretty much spells it out that he is not long term at all.

If he gets any playing time like you said it is for trade value at best. Barring injury to one of the starters or backups.

lonestar
11-12-2012, 11:17 PM
DJ can play where ever they need him.... But it does not mean he has to be calling out the defensive plays. Someone else that is better versed in the new defense will call the plays.

But then he would also have to know what those plays are. Not to mention the other Front Seven already know them.

I just do not understand why some want to make changes to something that is working pretty damned good since Brooking came in.

lonestar
11-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I posted this in another thread thought it was pertinent to this thread.. i can't wait to see this defense once DJ gets back on the field. Woodyard has been playing lights out but man, DJ will make a huge impact for us at the LB position.

HOW?

The way our LBs have been playing who is he going to replace? Who are you going to take off the field to sub him in for?
Miller? Not happening..
Woodyard? Ditto
Brooking? no way..
Keep in mind that the unit has been very successful and has developed communication and unity - and DJ has been no part of that. I think that he's going to be a street veteran in the off season at the very best.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/whither-the-lb-depth-problems-lard#comments

Seems to me I heard that when he comes back he is taking a hit in his paycheck, if they really thought he had something to offer other than depth they would not have ask him to re-do his contract for less money..

CHARLOTTE N.C. D.J. Williams will officially return Monday to the Broncos after the two sides recently agreed to a restructuring of his contract.

Williams, who had been a starting linebacker since the Broncos selected him with their first-round draft pick in 2004, had already lost nearly $3 million in salary this year as part of his penalty for serving two suspensions that prevented him from playing in the team's first nine games this year.

Given the considerable time he has missed Broncos coach John Fox decided not to have him participate in training camp or preseason games so he could instead give reps and playing time to others Williams is expected to use the first week or two getting back in playing shape.

Read more: Denver Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams to return to team Monday - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21973754/denver-broncos-linebacker-d-j-williams-return-team#ixzz2Bzg38w73

"Sorry Charlie Sunkist only wants Prime Tuna"..

DJ ain't all that..

ZONA
11-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Just curious, is there a rule that the MLB has to be the one calling the plays?

I don't expect DJ to start right away. They will ease him back into the mix the 1st week by giving him rotational work. In the second week I expect he will do the same thing but more of it, I also expect them to experiment some with a 3-4 package. By his 3rd week back, I expect he will be playing MLB and splitting time with Brooking. 4th week I expect he is starting at MLB.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Just curious, is there a rule that the MLB has to be the one calling the plays?

I don't expect DJ to start right away. They will ease him back into the mix the 1st week by giving him rotational work. In the second week I expect he will do the same thing but more of it, I also expect them to experiment some with a 3-4 package. By his 3rd week back, I expect he will be playing MLB and splitting time with Brooking. 4th week I expect he is starting at MLB.

Dream on.

Other than show casing him for trade value or injury he will see very little playing time.

Let your bromance go he is toast next year no way they keep the dumb ass for 6 mil.

ZONA
11-13-2012, 01:59 AM

Why would he be out of shape? First off, players these days, with all the OTA's and what not, are in much better shape at training camp then in the past. With that, he's had all this time to get in great shape. He might need a week or so to get in great game shape but cmon dude, 4 weeks to get in shape? You talk is if he was home sitting on the couch eating candy. He's been at the facility working out for weeks now. Please tell us all why you would be "surprised" if he is in "any shape to play".

ZONA
11-13-2012, 02:01 AM
Dream on.

Other than show casing him for trade value or injury he will see very little playing time.

Let your bromance go he is toast next year no way they keep the dumb ass for 6 mil.

Yeah, that's why we've kept him on the roster this whole time. So he can ride the bench and be cut at end of season. Makes so much sense. No bromance, just think Elway knows what he's doing and think JDR is one heck of a DC and will get the best out of DJ. It's called optimism and positive attitude.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 02:12 AM
Yeah, that's why we've kept him on the roster this whole time. So he can ride the bench and be cut at end of season. Makes so much sense. No bromance, just think Elway knows what he's doing and think JDR is one heck of a DC and will get the best out of DJ. It's called optimism and positive attitude.

Be positive your true love will play.

Wish in one hand crapmin the other see which one fills up first.

The moron had to take a cut in pay to come back at all. that is how much Jihn E thinks about him. At a reduced rate of pay he is insurance plain and simple. Or at best he sees some playing time to raise his trade value.

He can't beat out the guys already starting, he does not have any time in the scheme. He has not played a down this year why would they want to tamper with success. OH I know to get your hero on the field..

Read the links posted above. See if you can get over this fantasy you seem to have.

BTW they kept him on the roster because he has not cost them a dime till yesterday. And now he comes back on a redone cheaper contract for the rest of this year. Call it insurance against injury.

Bmore Manning
11-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Didn't I start a thread like this a few weeks ago..?

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 07:05 AM
I posted these stats in another thread....47 catches, 596 yards, and 8 TDs allowed to other teams TE's. Without looking I would say that is more TD's then we have allowed to WR's this season.

Rohirrim
11-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Why would he be out of shape? First off, players these days, with all the OTA's and what not, are in much better shape at training camp then in the past. With that, he's had all this time to get in great shape. He might need a week or so to get in great game shape but cmon dude, 4 weeks to get in shape? You talk is if he was home sitting on the couch eating candy. He's been at the facility working out for weeks now. Please tell us all why you would be "surprised" if he is in "any shape to play".

He doesn't have the kind of track record that inspires trust. I've fallen out of love with DJ. I expect him to just come back, play well, and then **** up again. Better for the Broncos to cut their losses and get some good trade value.

socalorado
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
ST's and watching from the sideline, with occasional spot duty to showcase he can still play. Then a trade in the offseason.
Elway hopefully then moves up and gets this guy.
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/sAkOQtPn4NHFlp6HSrU77w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/teo.jpg

baja
11-13-2012, 07:44 AM
When his lost salary, restructured contract and bonus payback are added up, Williams will have lost not only the first nine games of the Broncos' season, but also close to $4 million.
"He's paid his dues, and we welcome him back," Fox said. "What his role exactly will be will be determined by how he practices and works back in, but we're excited to have him back."
Williams figures to spend the first week or two getting back in game shape.

Read more: Linebacker D.J. Williams returns to Denver Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21984376/linebacker-d-j-williams-returns-denver-broncos#ixzz2C7N1WOxK
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Smiling Assassin27
11-13-2012, 08:05 AM
When his lost salary, restructured contract and bonus payback are added up, Williams will have lost not only the first nine games of the Broncos' season, but also close to $4 million.
"He's paid his dues, and we welcome him back," Fox said. "What his role exactly will be will be determined by how he practices and works back in, but we're excited to have him back."
Williams figures to spend the first week or two getting back in game shape.

Read more: Linebacker D.J. Williams returns to Denver Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21984376/linebacker-d-j-williams-returns-denver-broncos#ixzz2C7N1WOxK
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Fox said exactly the right thing.

baja
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
I am appreciating the personality and coaching style John Fox brings to the Broncos. He lets his two talented coordinators do their job and he is the perfect HC for a Peyton Manning lead team.

Elway has created something special in Dove Valley

It is grand to be a Broncos fan again

Irish Stout
11-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Between this and Porter you sure are for removing our best playing defenders right now. Are you Shanahan?

I'm not sure about this statement. Considering that neither has played in quite some time and our D is playing at one of the highest levels I can remember in recent history, it just seems hard to argue that DJ and Porter are our best. I get it that they are both extremely talented vetrans, but not sure they are our best... especially right now with other guys stepping up.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 09:36 AM
WW is the better LB...anyone arguning otherwise is a blind DJ hummer. Not homer, but a cock-sucking-slob that needs to wipe his chin.

baja
11-13-2012, 09:37 AM
WW is the better LB...anyone arguning otherwise is a blind DJ hummer. Not homer, but a cock-sucking-slob that needs to wipe his chin.

....and to think you were a mod.

vancejohnson82
11-13-2012, 10:30 AM

I do not agree with this

gyldenlove
11-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I am appreciating the personality and coaching style John Fox brings to the Broncos. He lets his two talented coordinators do their job and he is the perfect HC for a Peyton Manning lead team.

Interesting to read that Fox's optimism and excitement was one of the determining factors in hiring him, I think it is a very strong trait that gets people around him excited. The entire coaching staff is pulling in the same direction and it really shows.

baja
11-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Interesting to read that Fox's optimism and excitement was one of the determining factors in hiring him, I think it is a very strong trait that gets people around him excited. The entire coaching staff is pulling in the same direction and it really shows.

So true.

What do you see as the biggest weakness throughout the organization, position coaches, player positions and FO included?

Old Dude
11-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Radical idea here, but maybe we should wait and see what he looks like and how he responds.

I'll be surprised if we see very much of him this week, given the divisional stakes. Probably not the best time to experiment.

baja
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Radical idea here, but maybe we should wait and see what he looks like and how he responds.

I'll be surprised if we see very much of him this week, given the divisional stakes. Probably not the best time to experiment.

Good idea! Dismantle the board. ;D

Rohirrim
11-13-2012, 10:53 AM

All the sweeter after the last twelve years. :thumbs:

Rohirrim
11-13-2012, 10:54 AM

LOL

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 11:04 AM
I do not agree with this

How so...the proof is in the pudding. All of sudden we can cover tightends. Plus, DJ is a cheater. That's why he got suspended....for taking PEDs. And when he's not taking PEDs...he's driving around drunk in our community.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 11:05 AM

And you are a homeless drunk that turned his back on his family. Probably evading the law in the US, It's a small wonder why everyone views you as a coward.

gyldenlove
11-13-2012, 11:08 AM
So true.

What do you see as the biggest weakness throughout the organization, position coaches, player positions and FO included?

It is difficult to evaluate really, the presence of a few very good players can cover up a lot of deficiencies on the field and off.

Depth pretty much across the board is definitely an issue, offensive line, tight end, wide receiver, linebacker, safety and possibly DT is questionable. This could be due to below average scouting (pro and college) or positional coaching and evaluation.

Other than Miller who is obviously a huge boss and an utterly dominant player, our drafts the last 2 years are still difficult to really gauge. Franklin looks like a stud and Moore has been showing improvements this season. Carter can't be evaluated due to his injury and Virgil Green is still a situational player. Mohammed, Beal and Julius Thomas are all looking like they will wash out if they haven't already. Trevathan is the only rookie other than Wolfe who has seen the field pretty consistently and neither can be said to be wildly exceeding expectations. Osweiler won't see the field for some years hopefully and we won't really know if he is a stud or a dud until then, Hillman is showing some glimpses at best, Malik Jackson is far down the chart, Bolden is a good gunner but hasn't shown anything else. Blake has been inactive for pretty much every game.

Scouting could be an issue, but only time can really tell.

Play2win
11-13-2012, 11:10 AM

Good idea, but do you have any idea how to fast-forward time? This is the internet, after all.

socalorado
11-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Good idea, but do you have any idea how to fast-forward time? This is the internet, after all.

http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000005591898-yt5e2x-crop.jpg?e2f8ae2

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs25/i/2009/248/3/e/Flux_Capacitor_Time_Machine_by_cavemanmac.jpg

baja
11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
And you are a homeless drunk that turned his back on his family. Probably evading the law in the US, It's a small wonder why everyone views you as a coward.

...and to think you were a mod.

swaiy
11-13-2012, 11:39 AM
That was kinda low... the **** does that have to do with the topic?

baja
11-13-2012, 11:40 AM
It is difficult to evaluate really, the presence of a few very good players can cover up a lot of deficiencies on the field and off.

Depth pretty much across the board is definitely an issue, offensive line, tight end, wide receiver, linebacker, safety and possibly DT is questionable. This could be due to below average scouting (pro and college) or positional coaching and evaluation.

Other than Miller who is obviously a huge boss and an utterly dominant player, our drafts the last 2 years are still difficult to really gauge. Franklin looks like a stud and Moore has been showing improvements this season. Carter can't be evaluated due to his injury and Virgil Green is still a situational player. Mohammed, Beal and Julius Thomas are all looking like they will wash out if they haven't already. Trevathan is the only rookie other than Wolfe who has seen the field pretty consistently and neither can be said to be wildly exceeding expectations. Osweiler won't see the field for some years hopefully and we won't really know if he is a stud or a dud until then, Hillman is showing some glimpses at best, Malik Jackson is far down the chart, Bolden is a good gunner but hasn't shown anything else. Blake has been inactive for pretty much every game.

Scouting could be an issue, but only time can really tell.

I agree with your first point but when rebuilding a team as far down as we were depth is going to be the last thing we address. Interesting how many of our contributors are coming from the ranks of what was our depth.

As for the draft evaluations you are correct again, to early to tell on much of them. Getting a starting DT is a good start on this years and a 5th rd LB playing at all is Big deal too.

Look at our IR list, I see 5 starters and a good RB on IR so a lot of depth is now playing;

93 Beal, Jeremy DE 6-3 276 24 1 Oklahoma
64 Blake, Philip G/C 6-3 320 26 R Baylor
28 Carter, Quinton S 6-1 200 24 2 Oklahoma
42 Fannin, Mario RB 5-11 224 24 2 Auburn
90 Hunter, Jason DE 6-4 271 29 7 Appalachian State
51 Mays, Joe MLB 5-11 250 27 5 North Dakota State
50 Walton, J.D. C 6-3 305 25 3 Baylor
94 Warren, Ty DT 6-5 300 31 10 Texas A&M

lonestar
11-13-2012, 12:23 PM

:thumbs:

Be careful because dem hummers are cumming to get you, at least verbally.

There is such love for this moron it is almost incomprehensible..

Granted he was about the only one worth a crap on D for a long time. He set a standard.

But that standard has now been upped by a lot of others and he and his exorbitant salary is expendable.

Despite Foxs glowing coach speak (done to placate the few veterans that still like the moron) he no longer fits into the long term plan of this team.

Elway Fox in particular are looking for a few good men, leaders, smart, fast and great athletes. DJ is only the latter at his stage of his career. To be frank the way he has abused his body that might not even be true.

Look at all the guys that they have brought in to play. Other than Miller a super star hard working guys that are not or were not super stars in college. they have quietly out together perhaps the best D this team has had since Colliers time.

Someone mentioned TE issues yes they have great games against us. But you might also look at who they were before you piss and moan so much and when they did it.

I have yet to see the perfect D one that can shut down everything consistently.

I used to really like DJ because of his stats they out did anyone else's. But then I really started watching him at the time he rarely got a TFL, Was never asked to blitz that I could see and considering his speed at the time, that made me watch him closer. Most of his tackles were after they had gained positive yards and after they made a first down. He is a drag down from behind tackler not some one you want guarding the middle on the DL.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 12:27 PM
:thumbs:

Be careful because dem hummers are cumming to get you, at least verbally.

There is such love for this moron it is almost incomprehensible..

Granted he was about the only one worth a crap on D for a long time. He set a standard.

But that standard has now been upped by a lot of others and he and his exorbitant salary is expendable.

Despite Foxs glowing coach speak (done to placate the few veterans that still like the moron) he no longer fits into the long term plan of this team.

Elway Fox in particular are looking for a few good men, leaders, smart, fast and great athletes. DJ is only the latter at his stage of his career. To be frank the way he has abused his body that might not even be true.

Look at all the guys that they have brought in to play. Other than Miller a super star hard working guys that are not or were not super stars in college. they have quietly out together perhaps the best D this team has had since Colliers time.

Someone mentioned TE issues yes they have great games against us. But you might also look at who they were before you piss and moan so much and when they did it.

I have yet to see the perfect D one that can shut down everything consistently.

I used to really like DJ because of his stats they out did anyone else's. But then I really started watching him at the time he rarely got a TFL, Was never asked to blitz that I could see and considering his speed at the time, that made me watch him closer. Most of his tackles were after they had gained positive yards and after they made a first down. He is a drag down from behind tackler not some one you want guarding the middle on the DL.

Well said. I expect him to be gone after this year or here for significantly less.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 12:34 PM
...and to think you were a mod.

And a damn good one, but that has nothing to do with you neglecting your responsibility. You wanna talk ****, you're gonna need to address the fact that you're a worthless POS. Like DJ.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 12:35 PM
How so...the proof is in the pudding. All of sudden we can cover tightends. Plus, DJ is a cheater. That's why he got suspended....for taking PEDs. And when he's not taking PEDs...he's driving around drunk in our community.

this is the most coherent post in the thread :thumbs:

Why are fans so easy to lose their convictions about what standards are for.. Now I do not live in DEN but I do not want anyone driving drunk in my area..

The question is why do you want a cheater and a drunk on your team.. Even if he is clean today the odds are he will not be later..

Sportsman ship does not mean win at all costs..

The moron got caught twice does ANYONE think those were the only two times he drove drunk? Is there anyone stupid enough to believe that?

I could almost understand IF this guy played like Ray Lewis why some one could overlook that crap his has pulled.. But he is slightly above average.. Frankly now his replacement is playing lights out.. Why would anyone that is not got his/her nose so far up DJs ass not see that..

baja
11-13-2012, 12:45 PM
And a damn good one, but that has nothing to do with you neglecting your responsibility. You wanna talk ****, you're gonna need to address the fact that you're a worthless POS. Like DJ.

You know nothing about me but go ahead an slander away.

Says way more about you than me.

BTW personal attacks are not allowed on this site Mr. Excellent mod. ;D

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 12:48 PM
How many DC's has DJ had? How many different positions has DJ played? So with all that how many DC's kept DJ on the bench? Don't worry I know the answer. I love how some of you guys suddenly think DJ will make the D worse Ha!

Rohirrim
11-13-2012, 12:51 PM
How many DC's has DJ had? How many different positions has DJ played? So with all that how many DC's kept DJ on the bench? Don't worry I know the answer. I love how some of you guys suddenly think DJ will make the D worse Ha!

I don't think he'll make the D worse. Hopefully, he can really help and make some plays. I just don't trust him not to **** up again and get another suspension. Who needs that?

baja
11-13-2012, 12:53 PM
I don't think he'll make the D worse. Hopefully, he can really help and make some plays. I just don't trust him not to **** up again and get another suspension. Who needs that?

so dump him next year. We're on a SB run here

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 12:58 PM

It's pretty late in the year to even think that. He has had all this free time to mess up and he stayed clean. If Denver wants to dump him next year that is fine with me. Right now I want to see the best players on the field and DJ is one of them.

As I said in another thread RBs out of the backfield and TE's have accounted for 10 TDs. That is just under half of our season total. We need DJ to help lower that number.

pricejj
11-13-2012, 12:59 PM

Will need DJ to repeat as SB Champions next year. That means we'll be paying him $7.7M in 2013. We can let him walk when his contract is done.

baja
11-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Will need DJ to repeat as SB Champions next year. That means we'll be paying him $7.7M in 2013. We can let him walk when his contract is done.

Not sure I agree with that but we do need him this year.

ZONA
11-13-2012, 01:08 PM

Sounds like you need to wipe your chin after your affair with WW. LOL

What did WW do last year and the year before, when the rest of the defense was really not playing well? He's now playing on a defense that has much more talent on the field and as well a much better DC, um not to mention this fella on the other side of the ball that allows the defense to take more risk and play more aggressive. I think we can all agree that DJ is going to get his chance. What he makes of it, we shall see. I'm not picking sides who is the better LB at this point. WW is playing well, but as I mentioned above, the conditions are right that allow him to do so. I think DJ can succeed on this defense also. I hope they both are on the field. Now if you want to call that DJ love, call it what you want. Sounds like you are in love with WW and want to suck his cock, hahahaha. Hey, you started it, just because some of us want to see what DJ can do doesn't mean we need to wipe our chin. LOL

Old Dude
11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Knock off the personal attacks, guys. The posts are already under review.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Sounds like you need to wipe your chin after your affair with WW. LOL

What did WW do last year and the year before, when the rest of the defense was really not playing well? He's now playing on a defense that has much more talent on the field and as well a much better DC, um not to mention this fella on the other side of the ball that allows the defense to take more risk and play more aggressive. I think we can all agree that DJ is going to get his chance. What he makes of it, we shall see. I'm not picking sides who is the better LB at this point. WW is playing well, but as I mentioned above, the conditions are right that allow him to do so. I think DJ can succeed on this defense also. I hope they both are on the field. Now if you want to call that DJ love, call it what you want. Sounds like you are in love with WW and want to suck his cock, hahahaha. Hey, you started it, just because some of us want to see what DJ can do doesn't mean we need to wipe our chin. LOL

I don't care so much who plays. I don't care if it's WW or DJ or Glen Cadrez or Ian Gold or Allen Aldrige or Tom Jackson or Karl Mecklenburg....I just want the best out of those playing and right now that's Wesley Woodyard.

BroncoMan4ever
11-13-2012, 01:19 PM

Same can be said for another guy with incredible physical ability on our defense with the DC situation...Champ, yet he still performs at an elite level and gets everything out of his elite athleticism; while DUI has the ability to be a top flight LB he plays like an average LB.

I hate the excuses made for DUI all the time. He plays LB, be it MLB, WLB, SLB aside from a few changes in responsibilty with each spot. Be it coverage or calling plays it remains a read and react position. It isn't like each DC really changed his position dramatically and made him play DT or in the secondary.

Now even though I hate his guts and wish he played elsewhere, if he can improve the team at the MLB position(because that is the only LB spot that really needs an upgrade) then let him play, if he can't let him backup and play ST.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 01:22 PM
You know nothing about me but go ahead an slander away.

Says way more about you than me.

BTW personal attacks are not allowed on this site Mr. Excellent mod. ;D

It's not personal when it's true. You admitted on this site 7 years ago that you were a homeless drunk in Boulder Colorado begging people for money so you could continue your choosen drunken lifestyle. Were you lying then or lying now? Take a pick. Also, taking something personal is subjective. It personally offends me that you are allowed to covert oxygen to carbon dioxide.

SleepingTiger
11-13-2012, 01:23 PM

You don't know that for a fact. DJ got busted for circumventing a test. Listening to the Les and Nalen show, Nalen swears up and down that DJ is a freak of an athlete and doesn't need PED's. He is 99.9% sure that DJ try to avoid the test because of drugs other than PED. I don't know DJ, and neither do you. Nalen played with the guy and knows him personally, so I much take his word over your speculation.

I don't get how you said we can suddenly cover TE. Heath Miller, Gates, Graham and Olsen says hi.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 01:26 PM
You don't know that for a fact. DJ got busted for circumventing a test. Listening to the Les and Nalen show, Nalen swears up and down that DJ is a freak of an athlete and doesn't need PED's. He is 99.9% sure that DJ try to avoid the test because of drugs other than PED. I don't know DJ, and neither do you. Nalen played with the guy and knows him personally, so I much take his word over your speculation.

I don't get how you said we can suddenly cover TE. Heath Miller, Gates, Graham and Olsen says hi.

Oh...so he's not taking PED's but decided to circumvent the test? What's you're argument...that he's smoking weed? That still doesn't help and it's just as bad. Nalen hasn't been on this team in half a decade, HTF would he know?

Look at the averages and you'll see a significant difference on TE production against our defense. It's night and day in some cases.

baja
11-13-2012, 01:27 PM

Do damn good mods get fired from a voluntary position?

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Do damn good mods get fired from a voluntary position?

Maybe, but that's between me and TJ. And TJ and I agree that's all cool. That should be enough for you.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Same can be said for another guy with incredible physical ability on our defense with the DC situation...Champ, yet he still performs at an elite level and gets everything out of his elite athleticism; while DUI has the ability to be a top flight LB he plays like an average LB.

I hate the excuses made for DUI all the time. He plays LB, be it MLB, WLB, SLB aside from a few changes in responsibilty with each spot. Be it coverage or calling plays it remains a read and react position. It isn't like each DC really changed his position dramatically and made him play DT or in the secondary.

Now even though I hate his guts and wish he played elsewhere, if he can improve the team at the MLB position(because that is the only LB spot that really needs an upgrade) then let him play, if he can't let him backup and play ST.

You're right the difference between the LB spots is clearly just moving over a spot and a different name.

SleepingTiger
11-13-2012, 01:34 PM
It's not personal when it's true. You admitted on this site 7 years ago that you were a homeless drunk in Boulder Colorado begging people for money so you could continue your choosen drunken lifestyle. Were you lying then or lying now? Take a pick. Also, taking something personal is subjective. It personally offends me that you are allowed to covert oxygen to carbon dioxide.

I don't know Baja, but obviously it was something that he shared on this board to showed how he changed his life around and moved on. He didn't share his personal life for you to tell him he is a POS for what he did 7yrs ago. We all made mistakes in our life and so have you. That is a low blow and unnecessary.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Oh...so he's not taking PED's but decided to circumvent the test? What's you're argument...that he's smoking weed? That still doesn't help and it's just as bad. Nalen hasn't been on this team in half a decade, HTF would he know?

Look at the averages and you'll see a significant difference on TE production against our defense. It's night and day in some cases.

Are you claiming we cover TE's better now? We have allowed 47 catches 596 yards and 8 TDs to TEs so far this year. If by night and day you are saying we need to do better then I agree. If you are saying something else you are nuts.

baja
11-13-2012, 01:39 PM

I was an alcoholic and homeless over twenty years ago. I never once begged money. I have not had a drink in 20 years so you are a lier on begging count but I understand the relevance to TJs value to the
Broncos Mr. Damn good mod. ;D

I might be mad at your slander but then I realize its you and laugh at your pathetic ness

Blueflame
11-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Knock off the personal attacks, guys.

Reposted in case anyone missed it the first time.

Back to the topic of DJ's return.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 01:44 PM
I was an alcoholic and homeless over twenty years ago.

Exactly. Pathetic.

SleepingTiger
11-13-2012, 01:45 PM

You said he was a cheater because he took PEDs. My argument is that you don't know that for sure. You're only speculating. There is a huge difference between taking PED and smoking weed. So what if Nalen hasn't been on the team for 5 yrs, how do you know he still doesn't hang around the locker room or close friend of DJ? Even if Nalen has been away for 5yrs, he knows DJ alot more than what you read on the news. I obviously believe Nalens word than any of our speculation.

This is what i know. DJ teammate loves him. He is a leader in the locker room. He is an idiot outside the locker room. Only the coaches can determine if DJ is a detriment to this team or if he is an asset. I think if he was a detriment, EFX would of cut him along time ago. Because they know what DJ can do, they kept him as they know he can add something positive to the team.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Are you claiming we cover TE's better now? We have allowed 47 catches 596 yards and 8 TDs to TEs so far this year. If by night and day you are saying we need to do better then I agree. If you are saying something else you are nuts.

Comapre it to last year and subsquent years and you'll see it's better in this passing league.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Comapre it to last year and subsquent years and you'll see it's better in this passing league.

When I can make JDR our coach for last season I will compare it. Why wasn't WW doing his job last year then if you think this is a fair comparison?

pricejj
11-13-2012, 01:54 PM
DJ listed as 3rd string WLB on Broncos depth chart. Which is weird, because I thought for sure he would take Steven Johnson's spot.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

SleepingTiger
11-13-2012, 01:55 PM
I remember people on this board was dog cussin WW when he was playing. Now suddenly he is an all pro LB. When did this transformation happen?

baja
11-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I remember people on this board was dog cussin WW when he was playing. Now suddenly he is an all pro LB. When did this transformation happen?

This season under JDR

razorwire77
11-13-2012, 02:04 PM
In a vacuum/Madden scenario D.J. is definitely a superior player to WW. But it isn't a vacuum.

D.J. isn't in game shape. D.J. hasn't been in contact situations since preseason (and that was negligible) and most importantly, D.J. hasn't had an opportunity to gel with a defense that has been playing its best collective ball since 2005. Why risk screwing with that for a player, who let's be honest isn't the most cerebral LB in the game? A big part of football is momentum and attitude and why risk alternating it with a problem child? I'd be all for working him on special teams, and taking advantage of his straight-line speed and athleticism in certain packages, but at this juncture, just inserting him in as a starter would be a huge mistake.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Alright I just figured up the yards, catches and TD's through 9 games last year for TE's and it isn't even close. You are right Garcia it is night and day. Ha!

Last years stats
26 catches, 180 yards, and 2 TDs
This years stats
47 catches, 596 yards, and 8 TDs

Thoughts?

pricejj
11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Alright I just figured up the yards, catches and TD's through 9 games last year for TE's and it isn't even close. You are right Garcia it is night and day. Ha!

Last years stats
This years stats

Thoughts?

DJ (on PED's) is much better at guarding TE's than any other player on our roster not named Champ Bailey.

The only remaining question is, how good is DJ (not on PED's)?

SleepingTiger
11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
In a vacuum/Madden scenario D.J. is definitely a superior player to WW. But it isn't a vacuum.

D.J. isn't in game shape. D.J. hasn't been in contact situations since preseason (and that was negligible) and most importantly, D.J. hasn't had an opportunity to gel with a defense that has been playing it's best collective ball since 2005. Why risk screwing with that for a player, who let's be honest isn't the most cerebral LB in the game? A big part of football is momentum and attitude and why risk alternating it with a problem child? I'd be all for working him on special teams, and taking advantage of his straight-line speed and athleticism in certain packages, but at this juncture, just inserting him in as a starter would be a huge mistake.

I agree. But I say work DJ in slowly and see what happens. I also think DJ has been in the game for awhile now. It shouldn't take him that long to works himself into the starting position. My example, Koppen. It took him all of 1 game and now is one of the most important players on the line.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 02:13 PM
DJ (on PED's) is much better at guarding TE's than any other player on our roster not named Champ Bailey.

The only remaining question is, how good is DJ (not on PED's)?
Prove Williams took PEDs and not pot, coke, or some other drug.

Garcia Bronco
Okay...let's put it another way...how is this defense going to be better with DJ on the field? My answer is not at all. I think it will be a subtraction for a number of reasons from team chemistry to ability.

baja

Last years stats
This years stats

Thoughts?

Now look up yards to WRs. It's the pressure from the D line

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Okay...let's put it another way...how is this defense going to be better with DJ on the field? My answer is not at all. I think it will be a subtraction for a number of reasons from team chemistry to ability.

That is crap. That is like me saying we can't put Brooking in for Mays because of the chemistry of the team.

2KBack
11-13-2012, 02:17 PM

Last years stats
This years stats

Thoughts?

my thought...

33 catches 418 yards and 6TD's by Tight ends....in games that we won by an average of 14.6 points per game. The vast majority of the TE production against Denver has come against teams that Denver ended up beating by more than 2 touchdowns average.

Garbage stats

lonestar
11-13-2012, 02:20 PM
It's pretty late in the year to even think that. He has had all this free time to mess up and he stayed clean. If Denver wants to dump him next year that is fine with me. Right now I want to see the best players on the field and DJ is one of them.

As I said in another thread RBs out of the backfield and TE's have accounted for 10 TDs. That is just under half of our season total. We need DJ to help lower that number.

you know this for fact? most of the time he spent down in MIA how do you know he was not doing drugs or boozing it up down there?

as for DJ being one of the best players on the field seems the past year or so he has nor been..

as for the 10 TDs When was that before or during Brookings time on teh field or was that mostly mays time frame..

As I said in another post sometime you just can not stop everything regardless of how you play it..

Since Brookings has been on the field instead of mays it has been very good D..

Since the only logical place to play DJ is either WLB or MLB why do you want to tamper with their success? how can you think coming cold off the street he can upgrade either spot?

Is he like a very close personal bud or something that is the only logical explanation of your love for him.

Rohirrim
11-13-2012, 02:24 PM

That's what I said; Use him, pump him up for trade value, then trade him after the season. :kiddingme

TheReverend
11-13-2012, 02:24 PM
my thought...

33 catches 418 yards and 6TD's by Tight ends....in games that we won by an average of 14.6 points per game. The vast majority of the TE production against Denver has come against teams that Denver ended up beating by more than 2 touchdowns average.

Garbage stats

^ that... plus you can't draw much of a comparison of WW vs DJ by examining "through 9 games last season" because yet again, DJ missed the first 3 games and WW started in his place.

swaiy
11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Only driving after drinking is illegal. Lets stop acting like drinking alcohol is the crime.

razorwire77
11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I agree. But I say work DJ in slowly and see what happens. I also think DJ has been in the game for awhile now. It shouldn't take him that long to works himself into the starting position. My example, Koppen. It took him all of 1 game and now is one of the most important players on the line.

Yeah, I think it will work itself out. If D.J. comes back motivated and in shape, he will get on the field rather quickly. It he demonstrates that he understands JDR's defense and has been in contact with the team, I'd say we'll see him in a limited capacity as early as this Sunday. But, he's got to earn that right. If not, you send a really bad message to a defense full of really young players.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
my thought...

Garbage stats

LOL Final score might say we won by 14 points but the scores came when the game was close. Your stats are garbage stats.

Miller TD score 10-7 Pitt. We went on to win by more then 14 points.
Gates scored two TDs 24-0 Chargers. We went on to win by double digits.
Olson TD score 7-0 Panthers. Olson scored another TD to make the score 29-14.

Way to try and make your argument look better then it is.

SleepingTiger
11-13-2012, 02:27 PM
my thought...

Garbage stats

huh, are you saying most of the TE production came in garbage time? Heath Miller tore us apart all game. From beginning to end. The game wasn't blown open until Harris got his pick 6 in the last few minutes in the game. Gonzo also took it to our D and we lost. Gates has most of his production in the first half when we were getting blown out. Greshem was effective all game not in garbage time. Olsen got most of his production on the first drive when the Panthers took a 7-0 lead.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 02:27 PM
^ that... plus you can't draw much of a comparison of WW vs DJ by examining "through 9 games last season" because yet again, DJ missed the first 3 games and WW started in his place.

ROFL!

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 02:28 PM
huh, are you saying most of the TE production came in garbage time? Heath Miller tore us apart all game. From beginning to end. The game wasn't blown open until Harris got his pick 6 in the last few minutes in the game. Gonzo also took it to our D and we lost. Gates has most of his production in the first half when we were getting blown out. Greshem was effective all game not in garbage time. Olsen got most of his production on the first drive when the Panthers took a 7-0 lead.

What he said was so full of fail it isn't even funny. ROFL!

lonestar
11-13-2012, 02:29 PM
You said he was a cheater because he took PEDs. My argument is that you don't know that for sure. You're only speculating. There is a huge difference between taking PED and smoking weed. So what if Nalen hasn't been on the team for 5 yrs, how do you know he still doesn't hang around the locker room or close friend of DJ? Even if Nalen has been away for 5yrs, he knows DJ alot more than what you read on the news. I obviously believe Nalens word than any of our speculation.

This is what i know. DJ teammate loves him. He is a leader in the locker room. He is an idiot outside the locker room. Only the coaches can determine if DJ is a detriment to this team or if he is an asset. I think if he was a detriment, EFX would of cut him along time ago. Because they know what DJ can do, they kept him as they know he can add something positive to the team.

since he has not cost the a dollar since the season started and now he has come back to the team after redoing his contract, he was kept on the team as insurance IN case someone got hurt.. nothing more nothing less.

some of his old team mates like the guy but he is not a leader, he is an introvert. he was the captain got it taken away because of his first DUI..

y'all make him out to be some kind of hero.. he is what he is a cheating, drunk just waiting to fubar again..

he is an above average LB making almost superstar money.. he sued the NFL, was dumb enough to put his play book out on the internet..

how can you be so blind to the fact he is a moron..

Is he the guy you want your son or daughter to model after?

lonestar
11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Prove Williams took PEDs and not pot, coke, or some other drug.

so that would be better? where is your head? except between his thighs?

you just lost what ever small amount of credibility you had..

lonestar
11-13-2012, 02:35 PM

D.J. isn't in game shape. D.J. hasn't been in contact situations since preseason (and that was negligible) and most importantly, D.J. hasn't had an opportunity to gel with a defense that has been playing its best collective ball since 2005. Why risk screwing with that for a player, who let's be honest isn't the most cerebral LB in the game? A big part of football is momentum and attitude and why risk alternating it with a problem child? I'd be all for working him on special teams, and taking advantage of his straight-line speed and athleticism in certain packages, but at this juncture, just inserting him in as a starter would be a huge mistake.

another voice of reason.. :thumbs:

BroncoFanDoug
11-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Since Brookings has been on the field instead of mays it has been very good D..

No question, Brookings >> Mays. However, at least from a pure physical skills perspective, DJ >> Brookings. Brookings is smart and a leader, but historically that describes DJ as well.

We would be faster and stronger with DJ on the field. Will that make us better? idk. But it's certainly worth checking out.

They are not going to just slam DJ into the starting role. I am pretty sure he will start rotating in on a very limited basis starting with SD and then see where it goes. If they play worse with him in then he will get less time and vs vs.

I suspect he will be starting MLB by the playoffs and it will be because we are a better D with him in there. And we shall see.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 02:38 PM
That is crap. That is like me saying we can't put Brooking in for Mays because of the chemistry of the team.

and Mays was doing so well? So well that he got benched..

Brooking is setting up the Defense for the front seven..

DJ doing that, well that is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN..

SleepingTiger
11-13-2012, 02:40 PM
since he has not cost the a dollar since the season started and now he has come back to the team after redoing his contract, he was kept on the team as insurance IN case someone got hurt.. nothing more nothing less.

some of his old team mates like the guy but he is not a leader, he is an introvert. he was the captain got it taken away because of his first DUI..

y'all make him out to be some kind of hero.. he is what he is a cheating, drunk just waiting to fubar again..

he is an above average LB making almost superstar money.. he sued the NFL, was dumb enough to put his play book out on the internet..

Don't you think you're taking this a little too far? Again, you don't know he was taking PED, so you can't say he was cheating.

I see as I see it. The guy is a damn good LB. When DJ was playing, everyone here thought WW was a scrub when he was in the lineup.

him making superstar money doesn't take away the fact that he is a better LB than WW.

The guy is a moron off the field. On the field, he is the best LB we got aside from Von.

What the hell does my children have anything to do with DJ. I thought this topic is about DJ making an impact after the suspension.

swaiy
11-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Do you guys even know what youre arguing about anymore? Some posters hold the view that DJ could be productive on the field, not if he's a ****ing role model for your children Hilarious!

TheReverend
11-13-2012, 02:43 PM
The last vestige of DJ's OMG PRO BOWL proponents amuse me.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 02:45 PM
The last vestige of DJ's OMG PRO BOWL proponents amuse me.

It's funny as Woodyard is on a better sack pace the DJ ever was. LOL

SleepingTiger
11-13-2012, 02:46 PM

the point is not about what he took is better. the point is you and Garcia keep on calling him a cheater. You don't know he cheated because you don't know what drug he took or why he avoided the test. Again, Nalen knows the guy and is sure that it wasn't for PED. Smoking pot does not make you a cheater, it makes you a Coloradian.

TheReverend
11-13-2012, 02:47 PM
It's as funny is Woodyard is on a better sack pace the DJ ever was. LOL

You realize that even right now (after 0 sacks in 2 games), he's still on pace for 5.5 (tying DJ's career best)?

I mean... you could at least take a minute to check this stuff before you look like an idiot.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 02:48 PM
No question, Brookings >> Mays. However, at least from a pure physical skills perspective, DJ >> Brookings. Brookings is smart and a leader, but historically that describes DJ as well.

We would be faster and stronger with DJ on the field. Will that make us better? idk. But it's certainly worth checking out.

They are not going to just slam DJ into the starting role. I am pretty sure he will start rotating in on a very limited basis starting with SD and then see where it goes. If they play worse with him in then he will get less time and vs vs.

I suspect he will be starting MLB by the playoffs and it will be because we are a better D with him in there. And we shall see.

Not sure where you have been the past couple of years but smart is not a term anyone can add to DJs repertoire..

as noted above he is listed as the #3WLB on the Broncos web site.. unlikely they are going to play him at MLB if he is not getting any reps at all during practice.. Barring more than one injury,, then most likely move WW to MLB and dumb ass to WLB..

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 02:53 PM
You realize that even right now (after 0 sacks in 2 games), he's still on pace for 5.5 (tying DJ's career best)?

I mean... you could at least take a minute to check this stuff before you look like an idiot.

You mad bro? I know he is "on pace" to TIE DJ. Couple weeks ago it was beat him. Now it's tie him. I'm sure when we check in a few more weeks it will be less then him.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Don't you think you're taking this a little too far? Again, you don't know he was taking PED, so you can't say he was cheating.

I see as I see it. The guy is a damn good LB. When DJ was playing, everyone here thought WW was a scrub when he was in the lineup.

him making superstar money doesn't take away the fact that he is a better LB than WW.

The guy is a moron off the field. On the field, he is the best LB we got aside from Von.

What the hell does my children have anything to do with DJ. I thought this topic is about DJ making an impact after the suspension.

Did he represent his TEAM well in the past few off seasons? Did he keep his nose clean (drugs, booze or PEDs) and out of jail or suspension form the league?

He was suspended from playing for some or all of those issues..

If your TEAM is counting on you to play and you fail them IMO your a cheat and a fraud..

That is my opinion and I'd guess a lot of folks that do not have their lips locked to his ass would also..

Again call me old fashioned but I kind of like the players for my team to be a role model (miller, champ, manning) for my kids and the are I live in..

as for DUI there is no more stupid thing you can do..

as for him being the best LB outside of Von as it stands right now JDR, Fox and Elway differ with your lip locked opinion..

BTW Woodyard is now the number 9 rated LB in the NFL in tackles..

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=LINEBACKER&d-447263-s=DEFENSIVE_COMBINE_TACKLES&tabSeq=1&season=2012&Submit=Go&experience=null&archive=false&conference=null&qualified=true

tied number 17 in sacks
tied number 16 in Passes defended.
tied at number 2 for picks.

not sure how Dumb ass would be better ..

TheReverend
11-13-2012, 02:58 PM
You mad bro? I know he is "on pace" to TIE DJ. Couple weeks ago it was beat him. Now it's tie him. I'm sure when we check in a few more weeks it will be less then him.

Oh he's already passed him in impact. By a large margin.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Oh he's already passed him in impact. By a large margin.

That is great. Find ONE post where I claim that DJ should replace WW on the field.

Nwp-Apap
11-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Why do people care what a player does off the field? DJ served his punishmen, got suspended, alright. That doesn't make him any worse of an athlete or football player, and that is all I care about. Our whole team could be meth addicts, as long as they're good on the field, I'd love for them to play after their suspensions.

baja
11-13-2012, 03:26 PM

Actually he has quite a bit of credibility around here.

baja
11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
If they did not have DJ Williams in their plans for this year they would have cut him weeks ago. End Thread/

pricejj
11-13-2012, 03:30 PM
There is something to be said about the Broncos Defense being 10th in points allowed.

The last time the Broncos had a top 10 Defense was in 2003-2006, when Al Wilson and John Lynch roamed the field.

If DJ can actually improve this Defense even more...SB here we come.

That is if 2011's top rushing Offense can figure out how the hell to consistently pick up yardage out of a single-back set. Looking at you Hillman.

Action
11-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I think they'll find a way to get DJ on the field. He's a decent coverage LB and he's bigger than any of our LBs now outside of Brooking.

Right now, Woodyard is wearing the mic helmet though, so I'm not sure how they'll deal with that... would DJ take some of Trevathon's snaps? I don't know, because Trevathon has been excellent in coverage.

If anything, DJ could help us against the Patriots since they like to run against small fronts.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Why do people care what a player does off the field? DJ served his punishmen, got suspended, alright. That doesn't make him any worse of an athlete or football player, and that is all I care about. Our whole team could be meth addicts, as long as they're good on the field, I'd love for them to play after their suspensions.

Well if DJ is driving around drunk and he kills one of my family or neighbors...yeah...that's a concern. Two DUIs. Once is a mistake, twice? Cheating on drug tests that he contractually obligated to... Being a visible person in the community dictates a certain responsibility and DJ is letting everyone down in the process.. Come on man, that is several reasons to be concerned.

I'll let it go, but I am sure we'll be sorry as a fanbase. I hope I am wrong.

TheReverend
11-13-2012, 03:49 PM
That is great. Find ONE post where I claim that DJ should replace WW on the field.

^ Gets beat in argument, changes topic.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
^ Gets beat in argument, changes topic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH you think I got beat? The topic went from Woodyard is on pace to beat DJ's season high in sacks, to tie his season high, to he makes more plays then DJ. I shouldn't be shocked you still think Shanny is one of the best in the business so there is that. Ha!

Cito Pelon
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM

I dunno if DJ will help against TE's, he's not some great coverage LB. What would probably help most is if Rahim Moore was not scared ****less of tackling TE's. And Mike Adams is also not a guy that likes going after the bruisers.

TheReverend
11-13-2012, 04:14 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH you think I got beat? The topic went from Woodyard is on pace to beat DJ's season high in sacks, to tie his season high, to he makes more plays then DJ. I shouldn't be shocked you still think Shanny is one of the best in the business so there is that. Ha!

Ooooooooooookay dude...

Good luck with that.

Cito Pelon
11-13-2012, 04:19 PM

Last years stats
This years stats

Thoughts?

Brian Dawkins?

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Brian Dawkins?

It could be a number of things all have nothing to do with DJ Williams at all. Garcia was making it sound like Denver is better at covering TE's this year then last year because DJ Williams is off the field. Clearly we are not.

As Med already said in another thread Denver is scheming to stop the run more and the way we are doing it puts us in a disadvantage in covering TE's. Now can DJ Williams help? We will find out. Some of us think that JDR will help DJ improve like he has the other LBs so far this season.

Cito Pelon
11-13-2012, 04:28 PM

That's how I see it also.

cutthemdown
11-13-2012, 04:31 PM
It would be smart for coaches to find a role for DJ. You can maybe wait until a backer gets dinged, then give him his shot to prove to the defense he still has a role to play.

I think he could play some at all 3 spots. He has experience at all 3 spots. He could come in as SSL and let Miller play DE in some situations. Obviously he can play the weakside if woodyard needs a breather.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 04:35 PM
If they did not have DJ Williams in their plans for this year they would have cut him weeks ago. End Thread/

they had nothing to lose.. period he has not cost them a red cent till Monday when they resigned him to a very reduced rate for the rest of the year..

he would not be on the team had he not redo the contract..

I'm not sure they could cut him while serving a NFL suspension.. would have to check the CBA out on that.. Plus because he does have a few friends left in the locker room that could be counter productive.

he is nothing more than an insurance policy if they have more than one injury at this point..

he has to much ground to catch up with to be worth much more than a spare part that they hope they never have to use..

time to move on.. DJ is toast..

Cito Pelon
11-13-2012, 04:37 PM
It could be a number of things all have nothing to do with DJ Williams at all. Garcia was making it sound like Denver is better at covering TE's this year then last year because DJ Williams is off the field. Clearly we are not.

As Med already said in another thread Denver is scheming to stop the run more and the way we are doing it puts us in a disadvantage in covering TE's. Now can DJ Williams help? We will find out. Some of us think that JDR will help DJ improve like he has the other LBs so far this season.

That's a good point.

theAPAOps5
11-13-2012, 04:38 PM

When he started playing like one.

theAPAOps5
11-13-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure about this statement. Considering that neither has played in quite some time and our D is playing at one of the highest levels I can remember in recent history, it just seems hard to argue that DJ and Porter are our best. I get it that they are both extremely talented vetrans, but not sure they are our best... especially right now with other guys stepping up.

I am talking about our guys who have stepped up. As in replacing them with DJ and Porter.

baja
11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
they had nothing to lose.. period he has not cost them a red cent till Monday when they resigned him to a very reduced rate for the rest of the year..

he would not be on the team had he not redo the contract..

I'm not sure they could cut him while serving a NFL suspension.. would have to check the CBA out on that.. Plus because he does have a few friends left in the locker room that could be counter productive.

he is nothing more than an insurance policy if they have more than one injury at this point..

he has to much ground to catch up with to be worth much more than a spare part that they hope they never have to use..

time to move on.. DJ is toast..

Even if that is all he is that's no small thing a quality linebacker that can play all three positions is valuable but JDR will find him some time on the field IMO.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 04:41 PM
There is something to be said about the Broncos Defense being 10th in points allowed.

The last time the Broncos had a top 10 Defense was in 2003-2006, when Al Wilson and John Lynch roamed the field.

If DJ can actually improve this Defense even more...SB here we come.

That is if 2011's top rushing Offense can figure out how the hell to consistently pick up yardage out of a single-back set. Looking at you Hillman.

how is he going to be better than who we have on the field right now?

who are you going to pull out of a well oiled machine to "improve "it?

He is not the sharpest tool (all though he is a Tool) in the shed and even though he has had access to the play book the actual getting to KNOW it is being on the field playing and practicing with him being #3 on the depth chart behind WW and DT how is he going to get reps in practice..

Unit:
POS First Second Third Other
LDE Derek Wolfe Malik Jackson
DT Kevin Vickerson Sealver Siliga
NT Justin Bannan Mitch Unrein
RDE Elvis Dumervil Robert Ayers
SLB Von Miller Nate Irving
MLB Keith Brooking Steven Johnson
WLB Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan D.J. Williams
LCB Champ Bailey Chris Harris
RCB Tracy Porter Tony Carter Omar Bolden
SS Mike Adams David Bruton
FS Rahim Moore Jim Leonhard

time to wake up and smell the stuff your posting..

lonestar
11-13-2012, 04:45 PM

why waste his time? he is not going to be here next year unless he takes a 5 mil hit in salary or more..

he has other players to develop. Guys they took in the draft.. DJ is mikeys baggage they dumped Tebow and most of Joshes baggage as soon as they could they have seen enough of DJ to know that he is not long term.

why there are only a few nut huggers that do not see that amazes me..

baja
11-13-2012, 04:45 PM
how is he going to be better than who we have on the field right now?

who are you going to pull out of a well oiled machine to "improve "it?

He is not the sharpest tool (all though he is a Tool) in the shed and even though he has had access to the play book the actual getting to KNOW it is being on the field playing and practicing with him being #3 on the depth chart behind WW and DT how is he going to get reps in practice..

Unit:
POS First Second Third Other
LDE Derek Wolfe Malik Jackson
DT Kevin Vickerson Sealver Siliga
NT Justin Bannan Mitch Unrein
RDE Elvis Dumervil Robert Ayers
SLB Von Miller Nate Irving
MLB Keith Brooking Steven Johnson
WLB Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan D.J. Williams
LCB Champ Bailey Chris Harris
RCB Tracy Porter Tony Carter Omar Bolden
SS Mike Adams David Bruton
FS Rahim Moore Jim Leonhard

time to wake up and smell the stuff your posting..

That is exactly where you'd expect him to be on the depth chart not having played all season long. No surprise there, means nothing.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Even if that is all he is that's no small thing a quality linebacker that can play all three positions is valuable but JDR will find him some time on the field IMO.

yes he can play all three spots but he is going to get few if any reps at any of them barring an injury..

he is currently #3 on the WLB depth chart.. which means ZERO reps..

so what is the likely hood that DJ is going to see the field or become the super start you seem to think he is?

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 04:49 PM
That is exactly where you'd expect him to be on the depth chart not having played all season long. No surprise there, means nothing.

Looking at that list I guess we know what happens to Carter when Porter is cleared to play.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 04:52 PM

THEY ARE SENDING him a HUGE MESSAGE..

is this guy your boyfriend or what I have never seen such devotion to a dumb ass player like him..

he is not Ray Lewis, or Patrick Willis he is Dumb Ass Williams.. a slightly above WLB that happened to be our tackle leader a few years ago..

baja
11-13-2012, 05:00 PM
yes he can play all three spots but he is going to get few if any reps at any of them barring an injury..

he is currently #3 on the WLB depth chart.. which means ZERO reps..

so what is the likely hood that DJ is going to see the field or become the super start you seem to think he is?

I never said he would be a super start (sic) as you say. never said he'd be a super star either. ;D

I do expect to see him on the field if not this week than by next week. JDR will use him, he has too much talent to sit the bench for the rest of the season. LB injury or not.

In fact I will bet he sees the field on defense within two games.

Got PayPal / let's bet?

baja
11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
THEY ARE SENDING him a HUGE MESSAGE..

is this guy your boyfriend or what I have never seen such devotion to a dumb ass player like him..

he is not Ray Lewis, or Patrick Willis he is Dumb Ass Williams.. a slightly above WLB that happened to be our tackle leader a few years ago..

You do realize there is a difference between starting and getting worked into the lineup right?

Why do so many people posting here think is such absolutes?

baja
11-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Looking at that list I guess we know what happens to Carter when Porter is cleared to play.

???

Porter will be listed as 3rd string too when or if he comes back.

...and just like DJ he will have to work himself back into the lineup.

DBroncos4life
11-13-2012, 05:11 PM
???

Porter will be listed as 3rd string too when or if he comes back.

...and just like DJ he will have to work himself back into the lineup.
Porter is still listed ahead of Carter by that end all list.

Nwp-Apap
11-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Well if DJ is driving around drunk and he kills one of my family or neighbors...yeah...that's a concern. Two DUIs. Once is a mistake, twice? Cheating on drug tests that he contractually obligated to... Being a visible person in the community dictates a certain responsibility and DJ is letting everyone down in the process.. Come on man, that is several reasons to be concerned.

I'll let it go, but I am sure we'll be sorry as a fanbase. I hope I am wrong.

Still has nothing to do with his on the field play, therefore it is irrelevant that he could theoretically kill someone by drinking and driving.

You missed the point, whatever he does off the field does not affect his athletics or talent on the field. He is still an above average LB and will see significant tome on the field because of it. People are caring too much about the off the field stuff when arguing if he should play or not.

At this point in time, DJ has served his suspension, is still a Bronco, is still and above average player, will play well for us with significant reps, and the off the field stuff is done with and doesn't matter at all.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 05:14 PM
I never said he would be a super start (sic) as you say. never said he'd be a super star either. ;D

I do expect to see him on the field if not this week than by next week. JDR will use him, he has too much talent to sit the bench for the rest of the season. LB injury or not.

In fact I will bet he sees the field on defense within two games.

Got PayPal / let's bet?

As I have said many times before if they had long term plans for him that would be one thing, but he is gonzo after this season unless he takes a HUGE discount on a contract and why would they even want to do that?

if he had not redone his contract this year for the rest of the year he would have been cut..

he is not a role model they want in the locker room, they have loads of talented kiddies they need to get reps in for later this year. So odds are he gets zero reps in practice.. chance are it will take him a couple of weeks to get into game shape by then we have 5 weeks left and the playoffs.

is he an athlete absolutely but sometimes you just got to cut the bad part of the golden delicious off so it does not spoil the rest of the fruit..

JDR does not have the time to spare getting him ready other than keeping him as a spare part in case someone goes down.. I'd even say had Mays not went to IR they would not have brought him back he would not be worth cutting someone for the roster spot..

as for betting I'll pass, I earned my money that hard way or only betting on absolutes.. this one is not quite yet absolute.. and no I do not have pay pall..

Good luck on your dreams for this skell but he IMO is toast the minute the trading period starts again..

lonestar
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM

it is an old policy that you do not lose your starting spot due to injury in this case sickness.. But once your back it does not mean a thing..

I doubt that Porter gets his starting spot back they way these kiddies are playing..

baja
11-13-2012, 05:22 PM

I guess that is because he is out due to injury as the old dictum goes a player doesn't lose his starting job due to injury but Carter will remain the starter even when Porter comes back unless he out plays Carter in practice.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Still has nothing to do with his on the field play, therefore it is irrelevant that he could theoretically kill someone by drinking and driving.

You missed the point, whatever he does off the field does not affect his athletics or talent on the field. He is still an above average LB and will see significant tome on the field because of it. People are caring too much about the off the field stuff when arguing if he should play or not.

At this point in time, DJ has served his suspension, is still a Bronco, is still and above average player, will play well for us with significant reps, and the off the field stuff is done with and doesn't matter at all.

that crap may have gotten him a place on Mikeys team but their is a new sheriff in town in fact there are two.. Elway and Manning, Elway just does not put up with this crap, he is a proud old Bronco and knows we do not have to have morons on the team..

be prepared for no DJ next year.. unless he become a model citizen, takes a HUGE hit in salary and they find another spot for him to play because as it stands right now he is not beating existing players out of a starting spot.. He just is not good enough despite your love affair with him..

baja
11-13-2012, 05:25 PM
As I have said many times before if they had long term plans for him that would be one thing, but he is gonzo after this season unless he takes a HUGE discount on a contract and why would they even want to do that?

if he had not redone his contract this year for the rest of the year he would have been cut..

he is not a role model they want in the locker room, they have loads of talented kiddies they need to get reps in for later this year. So odds are he gets zero reps in practice.. chance are it will take him a couple of weeks to get into game shape by then we have 5 weeks left and the playoffs.

is he an athlete absolutely but sometimes you just got to cut the bad part of the golden delicious off so it does not spoil the rest of the fruit..

JDR does not have the time to spare getting him ready other than keeping him as a spare part in case someone goes down.. I'd even say had Mays not went to IR they would not have brought him back he would not be worth cutting someone for the roster spot..

as for betting I'll pass, I earned my money that hard way or only betting on absolutes.. this one is not quite yet absolute.. and no I do not have pay pall..

Good luck on your dreams for this skell but he IMO is toast the minute the trading period starts again..

Listening to you one would think you are passing on free money. As another old saying goes, "put your money where your mouth is"

Cito Pelon
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM

Well, there is some mileage to the off the field stuff. It can't be ignored, it matters.

Bmore Manning
11-13-2012, 07:12 PM
What I don't understand here..

There are clearly people who dislike DJ, as a person and as a player. There are a few people who like DJ. But I am seeing in this thread people who outright hate the guy arguing why he should be cut, and then there are those saying look he can help the team.

At the end of the day it's all about winning a SB, and if that means DJ helps the defense to achieve this goal EVERYONE should be on board!

Archer81
11-13-2012, 07:19 PM
This thread...

WW has been playing very well, so more than likely he keeps the starting job unless he gets hurt or hits a slump. DJ is about a month out of being counted on to play full time.

:Broncos:

lonestar
11-13-2012, 07:21 PM

There are clearly people who dislike DJ, as a person and as a player. There are a few people who like DJ. But I am seeing in this thread people who outright hate the guy arguing why he should be cut, and then there are those saying look he can help the team.

At the end of the day it's all about winning a SB, and if that means DJ helps the defense to achieve this goal EVERYONE should be on board!

The issue is how is he really going to help. He brings nothing to the table at this point depth is about it.

He is not any better than who we have playing right this minute.

If Elway and company thought he was that important they would not have told him he had to take a cut in his contract to stay.

Those that love the guy think he is better than who got us here and he simply at this point is not.

But their love for the guy will not allow them to be objective.

Bacchus
11-13-2012, 07:34 PM

I don't

Bmore Manning
11-13-2012, 07:42 PM
The issue is how is he really going to help. He brings nothing to the table at this point depth is about it.

He is not any better than who we have playing right this minute.

If Elway and company thought he was that important they would not have told him he had to take a cut in his contract to stay.

Those that love the guy think he is better than who got us here and he simply at this point is not.

But their love for the guy will not allow them to be objective.

I posted this exact same thread type a week or two ago, I included an article where Fox said DJ was an impact player at LBer. Asking him to take a pay cut means they are trying to light a fire like they did with Big Vick. If they really didn't think he could help the team in some way, he would have been cut.

BroncoFanDoug
11-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Not sure where you have been the past couple of years but smart is not a term anyone can add to DJs repertoire..

as noted above he is listed as the #3WLB on the Broncos web site.. unlikely they are going to play him at MLB if he is not getting any reps at all during practice.. Barring more than one injury,, then most likely move WW to MLB and dumb ass to WLB..

Football smarts has never been brought into question. Common sense, uh maybe a bit:)

WW is pretty small for the MLB, but we shall see...

Momentum
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Can DJ like... just stay suspended all season? Dont want to mess up his trade value.

BroncoFanDoug
11-13-2012, 08:44 PM
this one is not quite yet absolute..

Correct. You have your opinion, and others have a different opinion. I think he will be starting by the playoffs and you say he will hardly see the field.

Maybe we should leave it at that and see what happens!

jutang
11-14-2012, 06:35 AM
DJ personal issues aside has been a steady contributor to the defense for the past decade. JDR has been able to get the LB group to exceed expectations. He will be also maximize DJ's ability which is exciting since I feel he has never met his potential. If the coaches feel he is an upgrade over Brookings, then this defense may get down right scary.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 09:28 AM
DJ personal issues aside has been a steady contributor to the defense for the past decade. JDR has been able to get the LB group to exceed expectations. He will be also maximize DJ's ability which is exciting since I feel he has never met his potential. If the coaches feel he is an upgrade over Brookings, then this defense may get down right scary.

Considering he has only been in the league 7 years your might want to rethink your comments.

As for JDRs ability lets factor Mays into that, not so good results.

dJ not meeting his potential. Absolutely correct there but I see that as the individual rather than the myriad of coaches and coordinators he has had since grade school.

As for the coaches thinking he is an upgrade over Brookings mentally, you are dreaming. They already know he is not, the absolute only value I see is in the Nickle package and DT has been filling that spot very well..

What you hear from the FO is coach speak, fodder for fans like yourself that want to believe.

baja
11-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Considering he has only been in the league 7 years your might want to rethink your comments.

As for JDRs ability lets factor Mays into that, not so good results.

dJ not meeting his potential. Absolutely correct there but I see that as the individual rather than the myriad of coaches and coordinators he has had since grade school.

As for the coaches thinking he is an upgrade over Brookings mentally, you are dreaming. They already know he is not, the absolute only value I see is in the Nickle package and DT has been filling that spot very well..

What you hear from the FO is coach speak, fodder for fans like yourself that want to believe.

Have you won over even one poster with your logic? Just wondering?

Requiem
11-14-2012, 09:45 AM

You have to understand that this is his message board persona. Been around it since I was a little teenager. Hardly, if ever, will you see complimentary posts about Broncos players or their successes. He always predicts us to lose and has nothing great to say even when we do well. He is the same clown that said Elvis Dumervil would never do well in the NFL because he was a "midget" and said that drafting Ryan Clady was a "mistake" since he played for Boise State against "weak competition." He thinks he is funny with his play on words regarding Shanahan (Tanahan) and his bad drafting (Dafting), but he isn't. It is petulant, ridiculous and his vociferous trolling has gotten quite old. Why he hasn't been giving another vacation is beyond me.

Crushaholic
11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
You have to understand that this is his message board persona. Been around it since I was a little teenager. Hardly, if ever, will you see complimentary posts about Broncos players or their successes. He always predicts us to lose and has nothing great to say even when we do well. He is the same clown that said Elvis Dumervil would never do well in the NFL because he was a "midget" and said that drafting Ryan Clady was a "mistake" since he played for Boise State against "weak competition." He thinks he is funny with his play on words regarding Shanahan (Tanahan) and his bad drafting (Dafting), but he isn't. It is petulant, ridiculous and his vociferous trolling has gotten quite old. Why he hasn't been giving another vacation is beyond me.

Someone's mad about their "vacation"...ROFL!

jutang
11-14-2012, 06:38 PM
It is a testament to DJ and Champ to have been able to endure a lot of horrible years with constantly changing scheme/positions under all the different defensive coordinators. DJ isn't perfect, but this the first defense I can recall where he will have real DTs in front of him, no longer is the best player on the front 7, and can trust teammates that they cover their assigned duties.

If DJ isn't a good fit as a MLB, then the coaching staff has showed no hesitation to go with players who do not make the team better (Florence, Mays).

lonestar
11-14-2012, 08:21 PM

Have no idea if i have or have not.

Frankly I do not care if the nut huggers change their minds.

Time will tell.

Just wanted to prepare them for the loss of their true love.

I present facts and logic of how things are, the nut huggers present hope that things will get better.

That is all.

lonestar
11-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Someone's mad about their "vacation"...ROFL!

Had not noticed he was, of course being in IGGY makes him invisible except when someone quotes his drivel.

On my old forum when some was banned it showed up under their login name in each post.

Back to topic DJ. Let's hope that the coaches make the right decisions. Unlike mikey did when he gave a kings ransom for an average LB.

I suspect that John E has this firmly under control.

Not to worry.

ZONA
11-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Can DJ like... just stay suspended all season? Dont want to mess up his trade value.

If anything, playing him in this defense should really help raise his value. How about we all wait till he plays in this defense to see what he can do before we proclaim he will under perform. Can we do that?

Bmore Manning
11-15-2012, 08:56 AM
How about we all wait till he plays in this defense to see what he can do before we proclaim he will under perform. Can we do that?

Stop making so much sense please!

cmhargrove
11-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Have no idea if i have or have not.

Frankly I do not care if the nut huggers change their minds.

Time will tell.

Just wanted to prepare them for the loss of their true love.

I present facts and logic of how things are, the nut huggers present hope that things will get better.

That is all.

Different thread, but the dude is still infatuated with testicles.

Nom, nom, nom - nuts, nuts, nuts!

Requiem
11-15-2012, 09:08 AM

You are what you eat.

lonestar
11-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Well I see dream is back and most likely making juvenile potshots like he always has.
Would think after being suspended a couple of times one would learn.

But like the scorpion he is what he is. Can't help oneself.

Now back to the topic our oline has had lots of coaching from real pros and now Manning.
Having Koppen certainly has not hurt will help those near him on the ol but he is a rental so Walton has to be ready next year. With the time off as well as offseason no real need to be concerned. IMO.

lonestar
11-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Well I see dream is back and most likely making juvenile potshots like he always has.
Would think after being suspended a couple of times one would learn.

But like the scorpion he is what he is. Can't help oneself.

Now back to the topic our oline has had lots of coaching from real pros and now Manning.
Having Koppen certainly has not hurt will help those near him on the ol but he is a rental so Walton has to be ready next year. With the time off as well as offseason no real need to be concerned. IMO.

Dedhed
11-15-2012, 10:19 AM
However, at least from a pure physical skills perspective, DJ >> Brookings.

From a pure physical perspective, DJ>>Mays>>Brookings

From a complete perspective, Brookings>>>>>>DJ>Mays

lonestar
11-15-2012, 10:23 AM

Not at all.

Seems to be the best descriptor for DJ fan bois.
Their devotion to him is not understandable if you look at facts.

Chris
11-15-2012, 10:31 AM
You know what? Rather than talking about I'm just going to let the coaching staff decide. This isn't McD or Shanahan, these guys are developing a positive track record.

fdf
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM

I'm fairly skeptical of DJ. The off-field stuff is pretty serious. Missing 9 games for his team is pretty serious. OTOH, he's a talented player.

If I were management, I would be prepared to give him a chance to play himself back into the lineup and keep his nose clean. It would be strict liability though. One more DUI, one more off field incident of any kind and I would cut him.

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 10:38 AM
From a pure physical perspective, DJ>>Mays>>Brookings

From a complete perspective, Brookings>>>>>>DJ>Mays

One has to wonder if Brooking is so complete why is he always taken of the field for Trevathan on passing downs.

Bacchus
11-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm fairly skeptical of DJ. The off-field stuff is pretty serious. Missing 9 games for his team is pretty serious. OTOH, he's a talented player.

If I were management, I would be prepared to give him a chance to play himself back into the lineup and keep his nose clean. It would be strict liability though. One more DUI, one more off field incident of any kind and I would cut him.

Lets give him a chance for christ sakes. People change. He has been away from the facility all season and has not gotten in any trouble. How about we judge him by what he does on the field until the end of the season. If the Broncos want to cut him loose than that is fine.

Dedhed
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
One has to wonder if Brooking is so complete why is he always taken of the field for Trevathan on passing downs.

I guess if you really have to wonder there's not much point in talking football with you.

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I guess if you really have to wonder there's not much point in talking football with you.

No I don't have to wonder about it. I have a good enough idea that DJ, Woodyard, and Brooking all have a role on that they will play on the field. Unlike the other people that seem to think DJ will be sitting on the bench the rest of the year. I guess I made the mistake of you saying that complete perspective was referring to a complete player. My bad. It's not like I did something crazy and said JJ Watt was a John E clone. I would almost question talking football with someone with such poor football takes as that.

Dedhed
11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Unlike the other people that seem to think DJ will be sitting on the bench the rest of the year.
I don't think that at all. I'm quite sure DJ will see the field; that's the problem.

Karenin
11-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Don't worry, he'll get himself thrown back in prison shortly enough. These things have a way of sorting themselves out.

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't think that at all. I'm quite sure DJ will see the field; that's the problem.

We are a swarming D. DJ brings size now to a fast D that gangs up on the guy with the ball. Zero reason to worry about him being on the field IMO.

baja
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Do you really think the coaching staff we have now would risk the cohesiveness the D has now by arbitrarily inserting DJ into the line up?

This is not your McD coaching staff or for that matter "the little man upstairs".

This staff will use DJ only if it makes the D better and that includes attitude.

Dedhed
11-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Zero reason to worry about him being on the field IMO.

Other than the entirety of his playing career as evidence to the contrary, I agree with you.

Dedhed
11-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Do you really think the coaching staff we have now would risk the cohesiveness the D has now by arbitrarily inserting DJ into the line up?

This is not your McD coaching staff or for that matter "the little man upstairs".

This staff will use DJ only if it makes the D better and that includes attitude.

The problem is that there is no way to find out if Dj makes the D better without risking the cohesiveness of the unit.

DBroncos4life
11-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Other than the entirety of his playing career as evidence to the contrary, I agree with you.

Prior DLines gave you good feelings that they would do their jobs as well? How about former DC's DJ played with? Did you think they were great at doing their jobs? Do you think it's a crazy coincidence that a former LB has our LB's playing at such a high level?? Yet you still think that while DJ is talented JDR can't get the same out of DJ.

It wasn't so long ago I was reading how poor our WR's are and how bad our OL was. Now we have pro bowlers. All it takes is the right person to make everyone else better

baja
11-15-2012, 11:47 AM
The problem is that there is no way to find out if Dj makes the D better without risking the cohesiveness of the unit.

Not if he clearly earns it.

A few plays here and there? They will know. Hell play him in the KC game and rest the 2 MLBs some.

jutang
11-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Brookings will need to be spelled otherwise he will be at risk breaking down in the playoffs. DJ at the very least will provide some great depth at all 3 LB positions.

jutang
11-15-2012, 01:29 PM

I would say if you tinker with the defense you do it now instead of being forced to bc of injuries or in the last quarter of the season.

lonestar
11-15-2012, 01:46 PM

Funny when you think logically how easy it is to come to that conclusion.

Enter nut huggers to blast your thoughts. 3, 2, 1.

lonestar
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
I would say if you tinker with the defense you do it now instead of being forced to bc of injuries or in the last quarter of the season.

Why? The difference is exactly the same. If someone is injured they play the next man up in this case it is DT. Who has been great while on the field.

If he goes down then you have DJ who up till now has not stepped on the field since about this same time last year.

Even during TC the kiddies forthe reps because IMO they were done with Dumb Ass. Only a freak injury to Mays kept him in play. Up till this Sunday DJ has not cost them a dime, other than in legal fees.

Fox has always been a guy that rides the horses that brung him. So IMO he becomes the next, next man up.

lonestar
11-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Brookings will need to be spelled otherwise he will be at risk breaking down in the playoffs. DJ at the very least will provide some great depth at all 3 LB positions.

Why do you think that Brookings needs to be spelled. He has played like 15 plus seasons full time and this year part time. ..

How about we let JDR and Fox decide how much time off he needs..

Bronco-Gator420
11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
The real question here fellas, is whether or not I should cut Woodyard from my fantasy team, for fear of DJ cutting into his snaps. He's a been a stud for me so far, until last week (Not a lot of tackles).

What's the word on DJ's playing time this week? Because, I certainly couldn't glean any info on that from reading this thread.

I could give two sh*ts whether he DUI'd, DWI'd, or if he's a good person, some of you guys sound like you were raised by mormon's or something. Get real, this is football, the only letter's that matter are W's and L's.

pricejj
11-15-2012, 02:42 PM

Brooking already gets spelled a bunch. I'm sure he played less than half the snaps against Carolina.

yakyakyuk
11-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Not sure how much "cohesiveness" the group has established in just a couple of games. There has been constant tweaking with the LB's.

Clearly the coaches were not happy with Mays (benched) and don't believe Brookings play is outstanding (otherwise why would he come off for Trevathan?).

I am excited to have DJ back - and see how his initial spot play could evolve into greater role.

If we have to face the hurry up NE tactic again (and we can't sub), DJ and WW may be the best to keep on the field.

DENVERDUI55
11-15-2012, 03:29 PM
I'd love to send slowshon packing and sign Hightower. He always was pretty good at getting tough yards. He can pass protect and catch balls and run with power. Even bring Addai in he has bald tires but could fill in if Willis blows a tire.

baja
11-15-2012, 05:41 PM
we have seen the OM call it wrong almost every time when differing with the FO.

They are keeping KM around for a reason.

baja
11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Anybody want to make a friendly wager that KM is active against SD?