PDA

View Full Version : Flex Scheduling

Irish Stout
11-12-2012, 09:33 AM
I started wondering when the Flex scheduling can take place and what the likelihood is that the Broncos will be flexed in any of their later games. Here is what I found out:

Flex scheduling for NBC SNF starts this week.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1150531-nfl-schedule-release-predicting-sunday-night-flex-matchups-for-weeks-11-17

Here is the NFL flex scheduling 101 from NFL.com:
Begins Sunday of Week 11
In effect during Weeks 11-17
Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.
Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
NFL schedules all games.
Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

Irish Stout
11-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Possible Broncos games eligible to be Flexed:

Week 11 - vs. San Diego -2pm MST, NBC would have to move Balt. at Pitts (doubtful Flex)

Week 13 - vs. Tampa Bay - 2pm MST, NBC would have to move Philly at Dallas (possible)

Week 16 - vs Browns - 2pm MST, NBC would move San Diego at NYJ (likely, if both teams haven't turned something around, the only other games to flex this week are Chicago at AZ and San Fran at Seattle)

Pick Six
11-12-2012, 09:41 AM

Week 11 - vs. San Diego -2pm MST, NBC would have to move Balt. at Pitts (doubtful Flex)

Week 13 - vs. Tampa Bay - 2pm MST, NBC would have to move Philly at Dallas (possible)

Week 16 - vs Browns - 2pm MST, NBC would move San Diego at NYJ (likely, if both teams haven't turned something around, the only other games to flex this week are Chicago at AZ and San Fran at Seattle)

NBC officially protected that game...

gyldenlove
11-12-2012, 09:42 AM

We won't get any games flexed, there are better games available than ours in weeks 13 and 16, we played all our marquee games in the first 7 weeks, nothing left now.

v2micca
11-12-2012, 09:42 AM

Why is the week 14 match-up against Baltimore (potentially the most significant) ineligible for flexing?

Binkythefrog
11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Looking at the schedule it looks like Week 13 is the best bet for Denver if they decide to flex, and Week 16 will most definitely be flexed given the crappy matchup currently scheduled. Week 14 may be flexed (Lions-Packers to Saints - Giants)

Ravens game is a 1 pm game - so I guess it can't be flexed.

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2012, 09:44 AM

Tampa game would be most likely flex, if Fox doesn't protect it.

San Fran at Seattle would be a better flex option than us vs Browns IMO.

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Why is the week 14 match-up against Baltimore (potentially the most significant) ineligible for flexing?

Gotta believe that'll be the national game and nbc would protect it.

Pick Six
11-12-2012, 09:50 AM
This is another example why the Chiefs have been a MAJOR disappointment. The author of this article, written in April, expected Denver and kansas city to be battling for the division crown. He had the Week 17 Broncos-chiefs matchup as the one to be flexed...Ha!

Irish Stout
11-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Because its an early game. Only the afternoon games are eligible (i.e. The 2pm mountain time games).

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Because its an early game. Only the afternoon games are eligible (i.e. The 2pm mountain time games).

That's not true. When they say "Sunday afternoon" they mean just that. Sunday afternoon. Not "Sunday at 4:00 eastern". All they're doing is saying that Thursday and Monday games can't be flexed to Sunday night.

Irish Stout
11-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Tampa game would be most likely flex, if Fox doesn't protect it.

San Fran at Seattle would be a better flex option than us vs Browns IMO.

Thinking about it I mostly agree with you. However, for some reason, the networks still seem to feel strongly about having Dallas on tv, and I could see them not moving that game out.

The reason I think 16 is more likely to get Flexed is because NBC will have had San Francisco on the prior week with the NE v. San Fran game in week 15.

Irish Stout
11-12-2012, 10:00 AM
That's not true. When they say "Sunday afternoon" they mean just that. Sunday afternoon. Not "Sunday at 4:00 eastern". All they're doing is saying that Thursday and Monday games can't be flexed to Sunday night.

Ahhh... Thank you! I misunderstood what I read.

However, the SNF game in Week 15 is NE vs. San Fran, so I don't see us getting moved up to replace that game.

ZONA
11-12-2012, 12:19 PM
I was watching Broncos game from Phoenix on local TV and they basically changed to the Pats game with like 10 minutes left to play in the 4th qtr. I was so pissed.

broncocalijohn
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM

I know Manning is nation wide and all but what game is going to be watchable?
49ers vs Seattle possible 1st place tied to it

ooooorrrrrrrrrr,

1st place wrapped up Broncos vs mediocre to below average Browns?

Also, too many NFC EAST fans (not to include the Cowboys fans) have that as a must viewed game.

Pick Six
11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
I was watching Broncos game from Phoenix on local TV and they basically changed to the Pats game with like 10 minutes left to play in the 4th qtr. I was so pissed.

There was actually a mad scramble, in the sports bar, to find a satellite feed. Fortunately, a fellow Broncos fan was able to fix it....:strong:

Bacchus
11-12-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm glad the Baltimore game is not flexed. Baltimore is incredibly good at home and very mediocre on the road. I'd just as soon play this game in the afternoon and not give them anymore motivation.

ludo21
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM

ahhh me too it sucked, then to make matters worse fitzpatrick throws that terrible pick LOL

maher_tyler
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM

Happened to me also. Thank god i have Sunday Ticket.

IHaveALight
11-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Aren't teams only allowed 5 prime time games a year? We've already had 4 and have one more on a 12/6 against the Raiders.