PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning #1 QB in the NFL according to Quarterback Rating & ESPN Total QBR.

KevinJames
11-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Definitely a MVP candidate this year.
Thank you John!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17gxpdw2wve8tjpg/xlarge.jpg
21 TD
6 INT
2,705 yds
108.0 Rating
69.7 Comp %

Tim
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
his current stats are:

21 TD
6 INT
2705 yds
108.0 Rating
69.7 Comp %

KevinJames
11-11-2012, 06:50 PM
his current stats are:

21 TD
6 INT
2705 yds
108.0 Rating
69.7 Comp %

thank you

Bacchus
11-12-2012, 01:43 AM
He looks so good out there too, He is moving excellent, his arm strength appears to be back to normal. He looks like the 2009 Peyton Manning and better than the 2010 Manning that might have been suffering from his neck issues.

canadianbroncosfan
11-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Peyton ****ing Manning!!

I can't believe how many people here actually disliked this signing

Jay3
11-12-2012, 05:16 AM
I didn't think it was possible, but he's even better than I thought he was before this year. I now feel more confident he is better than Tom Brady.

tsiguy96
11-12-2012, 05:50 AM
think of his stats if the receivers didnt have such a bad case of dropsies.

g6matty
11-12-2012, 05:59 AM
has a team ever had the MVP and DPOY the same year :) ?

JLesSPE
11-12-2012, 06:45 AM
has a team ever had the MVP and DPOY the same year :) ?

Wow, think about that for a second. MVP QB and DPOY candidate. This is such a fun year to be a Broncos fan.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Wow, think about that for a second. MVP QB and DPOY candidate. This is such a fun year to be a Broncos fan.

The Elway effect.

To think some actually bashed him is beyond me.

baja
11-12-2012, 08:38 AM
The Elway effect.

To think some actually bashed him is beyond me.

Where is So Cal anyway???

GreatBronco16
11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
I don't think anyone saw this kind of performance from Manning this year. I know I didn't.

But I sure am glad he is having a great year.

Now if Decker and Thomas would stop dropping the easy passes.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 08:45 AM

And the hammer slams the nail!

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't think anyone saw this kind of performance from Manning this year. I know I didn't.

But I sure am glad he is having a great year.

Now if Decker and Thomas would stop dropping the easy passes.

Actually there were some back in march claiming a Super Bowl run. Which means they thought Manning would be spectacular.

Tombstone RJ
11-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Winning cures a lot of problems. So glad we have Manning, he's exactly what the Broncos needed at the QB position. After years of mediocrity or just bad QB play, it's nice to have another HoF QB leading the offense. I too can't believe there were actually posters here on the OMane that didn't like this signing. They wanted to keep TT and "build a team around him". I think many of these posters are finally seeing the light.

Crushaholic
11-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Winning cures a lot of problems. So glad we have Manning, he's exactly what the Broncos needed at the QB position. After years of mediocrity or just bad QB play, it's nice to have another HoF QB leading the offense. I too can't believe there were actually posters here on the OMane that didn't like this signing. They wanted to keep TT and "build a team around him". I think many of these posters are finally seeing the light.

Like any gamble, you either win big or lose big. This was a $96 million gamble. I'm so glad it's paying off...:strong:

oubronco
11-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Plan A Bittches!!!!!!!

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site513/2012/1015/20121015_105926_16manningbroncos_500.jpg

Dedhed
11-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Plan A Bittches!!!!!!!

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site513/2012/1015/20121015_105926_16manningbroncos_500.jpg

Every time I see this pic I think those direct tv ads don't contain any special effects. Manning actually does have fairy wings!

Irish Stout
11-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Elway! Manning! Makes me feel like a kid again where anything is possible with these Broncos.

Tombstone RJ
11-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Like any gamble, you either win big or lose big. This was a $96 million gamble. I'm so glad it's paying off...:strong:

actually, it's only a $19m gamble for one year, the rest of the contract is only guaranteed with certain clauses or stipulation being met, like Manning's health.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Maybe we will see less stupid AVs like KOSKs now. Funny how that bozo only comes around when broncos are losing.

Houshyamama
11-12-2012, 11:18 AM
think of his stats if the receivers didnt have such a bad case of dropsies.

To be fair, they have made some GREAT catches as well.

Houshyamama
11-12-2012, 11:20 AM

Not when you bet parlays. ;D

gyldenlove
11-12-2012, 11:26 AM
actually, it's only a $19m gamble for one year, the rest of the contract is only guaranteed with certain clauses or stipulation being met, like Manning's health.

Lets be honest, aside from his head falling off at an inopportune moment or a sudden team-wide implosion we are in this for the long haul. By signing Manning and our defense suddenly becoming a stud unit we opened up a window to deep playoff runs and potentially a Super Bowl bid.

Tombstone RJ
11-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Lets be honest, aside from his head falling off at an inopportune moment or a sudden team-wide implosion we are in this for the long haul. By signing Manning and our defense suddenly becoming a stud unit we opened up a window to deep playoff runs and potentially a Super Bowl bid.

sure, but when the contract was signed no one was sure of Manning's neck, nor his ability to throw the ball effectively. Had either of those two things been a problem, the Broncos are out $19m whether Manning takes one snap or not. But it appears all is well with Manning.

baja
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Elway! Manning! Makes me feel like a kid again where anything is possible with these Broncos.

I hear ya. Ain't it grand!!!!!!

baja
11-12-2012, 12:27 PM
sure, but when the contract was signed no one was sure of Manning's neck, nor his ability to throw the ball effectively. Had either of those two things been a problem, the Broncos are out $19m whether Manning takes one snap or not. But it appears all is well with Manning.

You're partly right. We knew the neck was fine what we did not know was if he could still play at a high level.

Tombstone RJ
11-12-2012, 12:32 PM
You're partly right. We knew the neck was fine what we did not know was if he could still play at a high level.

Yah, it was more about his arm and nerves than his reconstructed neck but still, there was a question as to whether or not Peyton's head would fall off when he got sacked. I'd say everyone was 99.9% sure about the neck being ok physically but only 60-70% sure about the nerves and the arm.

Bmore Manning
11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I knew.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I knew.

One person who thought otherwise was that ole sea donkey DontBeMessin. That chick disappeared faster than raiders free fall.

DontBeMessin swung and missed. Keep hiding.

broncocalijohn
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM

Where is KOSK with his lame Manning avatar with the "$" sign on his forehead? Lots of losers wanted Tebow over Manning. Some of those names are well respected here too.

Watching Manning throw the ball in a Broncos uniform is unbelievable luck (yes, pun intented) for us.

And for some of you that hated him when he was a Colts player, now you know.

DBroncos4life
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM
One person who thought otherwise was that ole sea donkey DontBeMessin. That chick disappeared faster than raiders free fall.

DontBeMessin swung and missed. Keep hiding.

Don't leave out Hougtam betting me that Tebow will start more games this year then Manning and that Manning will be out of football by the start of next season. Ha!

sorry it was 2014 here is the post.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3545133&postcount=198

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Don't leave out Hougtam betting me that Tebow will start more games this year then Manning and that Manning will be out of football by the start of next season. Ha!

sorry it was 2014 here is the post.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3545133&postcount=198

I have not seen one relavent post from that clown since I started in here.

Atwater His Ass
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I love all the hindsighting people do around here. Manning was anything but a sure bet, otherewise there would have been more than just a handful of teams seriously interested.

It was a bold move to sign him and the rest of Elway's signing's have for the most part also be excellent, but like anything, just as easily could have flopped. What I like about it is the common sense approach, not just the names of who's brough in, like signing a veteran center when your starting center has struggled, bringing in guys like Stokley etc. that know and are comfortable with Manning and can help others along with the new offense.

Although I personally didn't like the Fox hiring, it certaintly seems that he was the right guy to correct the course and seems to know how to coach players like Manning, when to step in and when to step back, i.e., just being a guy exercising his years of experience and managing people. And possibly could get us a Super Bowl out of it.

DBroncos4life
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I love all the hindsighting people do around here. Manning was anything but a sure bet, otherewise there would have been more than just a handful of teams seriously interested.

It was a bold move to sign him and the rest of Elway's signing's have for the most part also be excellent, but like anything, just as easily could have flopped. What I like about it is the common sense approach, not just the names of who's brough in, like signing a veteran center when your starting center has struggled, bringing in guys like Stokley etc. that know and are comfortable with Manning and can help others along with the new offense.

Although I personally didn't like the Fox hiring, it certaintly seems that he was the right guy to correct the course and seems to know how to coach players like Manning, when to step in and when to step back, i.e., just being a guy exercising his years of experience and managing people. And possibly could get us a Super Bowl out of it.LOL Handful of teams? KC, Cards, Miami, San Fran, Jets, Tenn, and Denver of the top off my head expressed interest in Manning. That is 7 out of 31 teams (Colts cut him).

rbackfactory80
11-12-2012, 03:26 PM
LOL Handful of teams? KC, Cards, Miami, San Fran, Jets, Tenn, and Denver of the top of my head expressed interest in Manning. That is 7 out of 31 teams (Colts cut him).

You mention Tebow again I am going to bitch slap you.

DBroncos4life
11-12-2012, 03:35 PM
You mention Tebow again I am going to b**** slap you.
LOLROFL!Ha! WTF

DBroncos4life
11-12-2012, 03:53 PM
You mention Tebow again I am going to b**** slap you.

TEBOW

Jay3
11-12-2012, 04:07 PM
LOL Handful of teams? KC, Cards, Miami, San Fran, Jets, Tenn, and Denver of the top of my head expressed interest in Manning. That is 7 out of 31 teams (Colts cut him).

Plus, the interested teams had to have the cap room to have a credible shot. Basically, every team with an even remote shot of getting him was interested.

File this one under "no brainer."

Bmore Manning
11-12-2012, 07:28 PM
LOL Handful of teams? KC, Cards, Miami, San Fran, Jets, Tenn, and Denver of the top off my head expressed interest in Manning. That is 7 out of 31 teams (Colts cut him).

Seattle, Washington, Philadelphia, even some rumors with Houston and Dallas..

There was speculation that 14-16 teams seriously inquired, many wanted to remain out of the spot light for obvious continuity issues within the team.