PDA

View Full Version : Doom?

SportinOne
11-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Anyone heard anything? Although it's amazing to see our depth stepping up and shining, we need this guy. For that matter, what about Porter?

cutthemdown
11-11-2012, 03:56 PM
what about DT

OBF1
11-11-2012, 03:58 PM
DT came back and played, had a couple more catched

Wes Mantooth
And what was up with Decker? He didn't play much of the game.

fontaine
what about DT

DT looked to be okay, he came back in and caught a bunch of passes. He'll be sore tomorrow but the fact that he came back in bodes well.

theAPAOps5
Had a big wrap on the sidelines, he uses his arms for leverage do much that the type of injury it appears to be could prove to be a big impact to him

Gutless Drunk
As happens in so many victories in the sport of football, the news wasn’t all good.

Broncos two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Elvis Dumervil left in the first half with a strained left shoulder. He did not return. He will have an MRI on the shoulder back in Denver on Monday morning.

“You have to stay confident, man,” Dumervil said.

Dumervil felt something strain — “nothing popped,” he said, — in the backside muscle area of the left shoulder, perhaps involving the lat or labrum.

“It’s hard to pinpoint what happened at what particular time,” Dumervil said. “We’ll know t(Monday) morning and see what happens.”

Dumervil registered his seventh sack of the season before the injury. With Dumervil out, the Broncos gave plenty of playing time to rookie Malik Jackson.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/11/11/elvis-dumervil-mri-left-shoulder-monday/16761/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Agamemnon
11-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I suspect he'll be okay. Seemed to me they took him out to make sure he didn't make things worse in case it is serious. They didn't wrap his shoulder or take him to the locker room for treatment so I'd be very surprised if it was anything more than a pulled muscle or the like.

SportinOne
11-11-2012, 04:03 PM
As long as he isn't done for the year I think this will be okay.. let's cross our fingers.

TheChamp24
11-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Took him out because if he played the second half, would the Panthers had even gained a meaningful yard the rest of the game?

fontaine
11-11-2012, 04:07 PM
I suspect he'll be okay. Seemed to me they took him out to make sure he didn't make things worse in case it is serious. They didn't wrap his shoulder or take him to the locker room for treatment so I'd be very surprised if it was anything more than a pulled muscle or the like.

Yeah, he was still on the sidelines without getting any real treatment so maybe it's not a serious injury.

Action
11-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Ayers keeps playing like this, Dumervil will back Ayers up...

oubronco
11-11-2012, 04:20 PM

LOL Really?

XXXII&III
11-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Still no update from Broncos as of 4:20 PM MST.

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 04:27 PM

:spit:

Sometimes it's better to leave these thoughts unsaid. You have good insight but he won't play Dumervil out of the starting roll.

SportinOne
11-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Ayers has clearly decided that he wants to be a football player. Physically, it looks like they have him at the perfect weight and muscle ratios.. Thick, sturdy, yet not too much extra baggage. He's quick out there. Looks like he's mentally ready for the game and playing with a lot of energy.

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Still no update from Broncos as of 4:20 PM MST.

Denver post says the team reports a shoulder strain with an MRI scheduled tomorrow.

XXXII&III
11-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks, APAOps.

KOA just now said Dum said nothing "popped" but he felt a "strain" on the backside shoulder muscle.

BroncoMan4ever
11-11-2012, 04:35 PM

He was there but after that deep ball he kind of got overlooked and was used as more of a diversion

Action
11-11-2012, 04:38 PM
:spit:

Sometimes it's better to leave these thoughts unsaid. You have good insight but he won't play Dumervil out of the starting roll.

I was being half serious.

Ayers likely can't keep this type of effectiveness week in and week out, but the point I was making was he played elite today. 2 pass deflections, 1 sack, 2 QB hits...and numerous more pressures..he was exploding off the line as fontaine pointed out earlier in the week... and he's much better against the run than Dumervil.

Action
11-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Panthers schemed him out of the game.

ZONA
11-11-2012, 07:51 PM
I was being half serious.

Ayers likely can't keep this type of effectiveness week in and week out, but the point I was making was he played elite today. 2 pass deflections, 1 sack, 2 QB hits...and numerous more pressures..he was exploding off the line as fontaine pointed out earlier in the week... and he's much better against the run than Dumervil.

Ayers played really well last week also, and has been steady all season. It's just now these past 2 games he's having some things go his way. Sometimes it takes a few years for these guys to get it going. Don't know why but that's what alot of people say when it comes to DLmen.

baja
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
LOL Really?

If Ayers really fulfills his potential he would be a more complete player than Doom but ya can't have too many D linemen.

Broncos4Life
11-11-2012, 09:05 PM
If Ayers really fulfills his potential he would be a more complete player than Doom but ya can't have too many D linemen.

I second this. Ayers looks pretty complete! Hes turning it up!

BroncoDoug
11-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Mike florio said on the nbc wrap up show that fox told peter king he is nervous about what the mri will discover tomorrow

wolf754life
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm hearing Torn Labrum, out for year.......thats what they suspect.....

Hulamau
11-11-2012, 09:59 PM

Absolutely Baja, great the Ayers is starting to play lights out too, but we can't afford to for Doom to lose any real time either... although Malik looked pretty good out there today too in relief of Doom.

Ideally it's a minor deal and if Doom has to miss a game or two the both Syers and Malik continue to turn it up and Mslik could only benefit for the extra live bullets...nevertheless, we can't be losing a starter every week I'd two for the season...

DBroncos4life
11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm hearing Torn Labrum, out for year.......thats what they suspect.....

Why would he be out for the year? Blaine Gabbert is playing with the same injury. Yes I know Doom plays a more physically demanding position. Without knowing the severity of it seems hard say what the recovery time would be. I've read that the recovery time depends an a number of factors, it could be a month could be longer.

Kaylore
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Torn labrums can take more or less time depending on the severity. Most don't require surgery.

wolf754life
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Why would he be out for the year? Blaine Gabbert is playing with the same injury. Yes I know Doom plays a more physically demanding position. Without knowing the severity of it seems hard say what the recovery time would be. I've read that the recovery time depends an a number of factors, it could be a month could be longer.

just telling you what the team and players suspect

baja
11-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Torn labrums can take more or less time depending on the severity. Most don't require surgery.

Those long arms (due to the extra leverage) put extra strain on the connecting muscles. Doom could have more issues with these type of injuries. Hope not!

DBroncos4life
11-11-2012, 10:20 PM
just telling you what the team and players suspect

Seems weak after seeing what the Ravens D players seem to comeback from I guess. In no way am I calling Doom out either just want that pointed out as well. ;D

wolf754life
11-11-2012, 10:22 PM
i think its a bigger deal for him, he needs his arms more than an average player to create leverage, if he doesn't have power in his upper body he will be very ineffective playing on the line

lets hope its a strain, lets hope if its a tear he is only out 6 weeks

again, doesn't sound good, cross our fingers!

razorwire77
11-11-2012, 10:24 PM
It would suck to lose him for the year, but at least Ayers has been playing at a really high level the past couple of weeks.

MABroncoFan
11-11-2012, 10:38 PM
In case he is out for the year, here's what is available.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/41331/74/best-available-nfl-free-agents?pg=2

There was some buzz about Antwan Odom over the summer, but he never signed with anyone.

Garland is the only D-lineman on the PS.

DE depth really hit this year with Hunter, Beal, and now Doom.

Amazing how many key players they've lost and so far haven't skipped a beat.

Bronco Yoda
11-11-2012, 10:51 PM
God I hope it's not a tear. That would require surgery and the end of his season this year most likely.

Lestat
11-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Ayers stepping up as a pass rusher is nice but we need the entire DL to stay intact, depth is crucial to the potential success of this D.

NFLBRONCO
11-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Ayers stepping up as a pass rusher is nice but we need the entire DL to stay intact, depth is crucial to the potential success of this D.

yep

Hulamau
11-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Those long arms (due to the extra leverage) put extra strain on the connecting muscles. Doom could have more issues with these type of injuries. Hope not!

He also tore his pec season before last The labrum is really part of the shoulder socket cartilage. The way he was lifting his arm on the sidelines when Greek was examining him sure looked like a possible labrum or dislocation issue. And for Dooms job using his leverage and press for getting to the QB, if its anything more than a minor deal he could be out quite some time Im afraid.... assuming it really is a labrum tear to some degree?

Lets hope its the mildest form and he;s back for teh Charger game even with a support shoulder sling if need be.

In the meantime. thos week will no doubt see a D gameplan featuring Ayers and Malik Jackson getting lots of reps.

AS long as one of those two can keep up the pressure like they did today, and take a little heat off of Von, we should be alright.

But we've got to stop losing one starter for the season or a long time almost every week now. Its not okay when half our starting team winds up being depth..

Boobs McGee
11-11-2012, 11:29 PM
I dont know if it helps to determine anything, but from.rewatching part of the game, he appears to be wrapped underneath his jersey on the sidelines...it appears to be an ace bandage that goes all the way across his upper body.

swaiy
11-11-2012, 11:41 PM
How do you guys know all this before an MRI?

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 11:44 PM

Aliens

ZONA
11-11-2012, 11:57 PM

Especially since Doom said he only felt a strain but didn't feel or hear any pop. I don't know but that sounds like it's not a tear. I've torn ligament before and you can definitely feel and hear the pop when it happens. Of course that was a full tear so I don't know. We've had discussions on this board in the past that a sprain is actually a tear but just a small one. I think if it would have been a full tear he would have known right there. Hope for the best. Get back soon Doom, we'll need ya.

How many more frickin players can we lose man? This is starting to get stupid.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Especially since Doom said he only felt a strain but didn't feel or hear any pop. I don't know but that sounds like it's not a tear. I've torn ligament before and you can definitely feel and hear the pop when it happens. Of course that was a full tear so I don't know. We've had discussions on this board in the past that a sprain is actually a tear but just a small one. I think if it would have been a full tear he would have known right there. Hope for the best. Get back soon Doom, we'll need ya.

How many more frickin players can we lose man? This is starting to get stupid.

I dont think we've even lost that many.

cutthemdown
11-12-2012, 12:38 AM
DT looked to be okay, he came back in and caught a bunch of passes. He'll be sore tomorrow but the fact that he came back in bodes well.

Hes walking around like Eric Dickerson. Worried he always seems to be limping. I'm wondering if he could use a week off at some point once we clinch a playoff spot.

Action
11-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Hes walking around like Eric Dickerson. Worried he always seems to be limping. I'm wondering if he could use a week off at some point once we clinch a playoff spot.

He'll get a week off from the 1st round bye. ;D

LongDongJohnson
11-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Losing doom would suck but at least we get DJ back.

fontaine
11-12-2012, 05:04 AM
I dont think we've even lost that many.

I don't know man,
Tracy Porter,
Jason Hunter to IR,
Ty Warren to IR,
DJ to a 9 week suspension,
Kuper missing months,
JD Walton to IR,
Quinton Carter to IR,
Joe Mays to IR,
and now possibly Doom for at least a couple of weeks.

Thats what 7/8 starters?

Broncosman
11-12-2012, 05:44 AM
what about DT

he's doing well since then

TheChamp24
11-12-2012, 06:55 AM
I don't know man,
Tracy Porter,
Jason Hunter to IR,
Ty Warren to IR,
DJ to a 9 week suspension,
Kuper missing months,
JD Walton to IR,
Quinton Carter to IR,
Joe Mays to IR,
and now possibly Doom for at least a couple of weeks.

Thats what 7/8 starters?

Tell me who DJ would be playing ahead right now.
Koppen is playing better than Walton
Carter wasn't necessarily ahead of Moore and Adams
Mays, lol

baja
11-12-2012, 07:02 AM

The medical team here at the Orange Mane is the best on the World Wide Web.

bronco militia
11-12-2012, 07:33 AM
The mri is to confirm the diagnosos. This is probably going to be bad news for doom.

MABroncoFan
11-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Mays, lol

Shows that our depth is much better this year. But with all these injuries, we're getting thinner and can't afford any other key ones.

ZONA
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Mays, lol

Yeah, we've lost several guys how can you say something like I don't think we've lost many? Walton was playing very well so flush that one down the toilet, Carter could be playing at a high level, you never know. DJ for sure would be on the field, don't even try to pretend. Hunter was really starting to come on strong. Warren, at full strength, please, he was a difference maker, losing him hurt us and made us thinner. Kuper out weeks at a time. Now Doom. WTF dude, we haven't lost many? You can have your opinion but don't act like we haven't lost some people. We've been hit as hard as any other team as far as injuries go.

baja
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Sunday night will be a nervous one for Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil.

After injuring his left shoulder early in Sunday's 36-14 win over the Panthers, the Pro Bowler sat out the last three quarters, looking on as his teammates continued to hound and harass Carolina QB Cam Newton into seven sacks, the most by the Broncos in nine years.

Dumervil will undergo an MRI on Monday morning.

"I tried to go out one more time, but it didn't feel as comfortable as I would have liked it to," Dumervil said. "I've played through some pain and injuries, but this one hurt pretty bad."

Dumervil had a sack and a forced fumble before the injury Sunday and now has seven sacks this season and 16.5 in the Broncos' last 16 regular-season games.

The shoulder is the same one he strained in the Broncos' season opener last year. As a result of that injury, he missed two games.

For up-to-the-minute Broncos updates, follow Andrew Mason on Twitter at @CBSBroncos.

ZONA
11-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Sunday night will be a nervous one for Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil.

After injuring his left shoulder early in Sunday's 36-14 win over the Panthers, the Pro Bowler sat out the last three quarters, looking on as his teammates continued to hound and harass Carolina QB Cam Newton into seven sacks, the most by the Broncos in nine years.

Dumervil will undergo an MRI on Monday morning.

"I tried to go out one more time, but it didn't feel as comfortable as I would have liked it to," Dumervil said. "I've played through some pain and injuries, but this one hurt pretty bad."

Dumervil had a sack and a forced fumble before the injury Sunday and now has seven sacks this season and 16.5 in the Broncos' last 16 regular-season games.

The shoulder is the same one he strained in the Broncos' season opener last year. As a result of that injury, he missed two games.

For up-to-the-minute Broncos updates, follow Andrew Mason on Twitter at @CBSBroncos.

I have a feeling - don't think it's as bad as most fear. I bet it similar to what he had last year. Out 2-3 games.

TheReverend
11-12-2012, 09:24 AM
I have a feeling - don't think it's as bad as most fear. I bet it similar to what he had last year. Out 2-3 games.

I really, really, really hope so.

Elvis was dominating early before the injury, but more importantly, we'll need every pass rusher we have to play our game come playoffs.

SouthStndJunkie
11-12-2012, 09:30 AM
I posted this in another thread, but it probably belongs here:

Whatever they are doing to motivate Robert Ayers, they need to keep doing it, because he is playing like a wild dog.

Elvis Dumervil will probably be out for several weeks, if not the season....Robert Ayers has the ability to come in and a play a more well rounded defensive end and keep the defense playing at a very high level.

With Dumervil out, the defense will miss his big play ability....the sack and forced fumble potential he brings on every passing play, but Ayers has the ability to make the defense more stout.

All that said, I really hope Dumervil is able to come back in a few weeks, as Denver needs as many weapons and combinations, as well as depth, that they can utilize on defense. This defense reminds me of the 1997-1998 Denver defenses in that they are great at playing with a lead and pinning their ears back when they know teams will be passing. The ability to bring Von and Elvis after the QB at the same time will be missed....when those 2 are on and closing in on the QB at the same time, it's bad news for opposing QBs....and a lot of fun to watch for Denver fans.

Rascal
11-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Keep him benched till the week before the playoffs to ensure he can get healthy while also allowing him to play the last week to get back in game shape.

Where is that smart guy hat? Because I need it.

razorwire77
11-12-2012, 10:30 AM

Whatever they are doing to motivate Robert Ayers, they need to keep doing it, because he is playing like a wild dog.

Elvis Dumervil will probably be out for several weeks, if not the season....Robert Ayers has the ability to come in and a play a more well rounded defensive end and keep the defense playing at a very high level.

With Dumervil out, the defense will miss his big play ability....the sack and forced fumble potential he brings on every passing play, but Ayers has the ability to make the defense more stout.

All that said, I really hope Dumervil is able to come back in a few weeks, as Denver needs as many weapons and combinations, as well as depth, that they can utilize on defense. This defense reminds me of the 1997-1998 Denver defenses in that they are great at playing with a lead and pinning their ears back when they know teams will be passing. The ability to bring Von and Elvis after the QB at the same time will be missed....when those 2 are on and closing in on the QB at the same time, it's bad news for opposing QBs....and a lot of fun to watch for Denver fans.

Ayers just looks so much bigger and stronger at the point of attack than he ever did before. Like a completely different player. Now Cam holds the ball way too damn long, so I don't want to get too excited, but right now Robert is 2 for 2 beast mode the past couple of weeks. I think it's somewhat lost on us how well he's playing, just because we're all so focused on Von Miller aka Jesus resurrected as a terminator.

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2012, 10:49 AM

Probably just showed him his paycheck, then showed him Dumervil's, then reminded him that he's up for a contract extension next year.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Probably just showed him his paycheck, then showed him Dumervil's, then reminded him that he's up for a contract extension next year.

Ha!

We will see if he can put up consistent performances. Maybe getting benched for a rookie opened his eyes. Maybe it's a head thing and he just plays better from dooms spot.

gyldenlove
11-12-2012, 12:01 PM

That would work.

rideco
11-12-2012, 12:33 PM
I assume that we should know something soon as Fox should cover this on his presser this afternoon. I hope Doom is ok but man the team backups are stepping up really well this year.

IA-Broncosfan53
11-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Since 2009, this has been too common of a theme, and always with his upper body. Perhaps it has something to do with his style of play the way he bull rushes tackles?

DBroncos4life
11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
I assume that we should know something soon as Fox should cover this on his presser this afternoon. I hope Doom is ok but man the team backups are stepping up really well this year.

Doom can't be replaced. I know the other guys are stepping up but, Doom is second in the NFL in FF's. I don't think Ayers can do that, as well as he has been playing.

BigPlayShay
11-12-2012, 01:04 PM
No Tear!!! Sigh of relief:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/11/12/mri-reveals-tear-elvis-dumervils-left-shoulder/16776/

Kid A
11-12-2012, 01:04 PM
GREAT news:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/

Good news for the Broncos. An MRI exam today on the left shoulder of defensive end Elvis Dumervil revealed no significant injury.

Dumervil did suffer a serious enough strain in the muscle area behind the shoulder Sunday to miss the final three quarters of the Broncos’ 36-14 win at Carolina. The pass rusher suffered the injury while swatting the ball out of the passing hand of Carolina quarterback Cam Newton, a play that credited Dumervil with a forced fumble and his seventh sack of the season.

Dumervil will likely be listed as questionable for the game this Sunday against the San Diego Chargers but it appears he avoided long-term injury.

rideco
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
whew. just a strain! good news!!

SleepingTiger
11-12-2012, 01:06 PM
No Tear!!! Sigh of relief:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/11/12/mri-reveals-tear-elvis-dumervils-left-shoulder/16776/

Yup, just heard it on Fox press conference. Good news!

ppablo
11-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Whew! That was a close one, might be good to let doom rest for the upcoming game tho

LetsGoBroncos
11-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Great news! I'm to the point where as long as we are healthy come playoff time I'll be happy. Not too concerned with someone missing a game or two

swaiy
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Must be a misdiagnoses. The doctors in this thread already said he has a torn labrum.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
This is great news to finish off a great week. Send him to the local Mamasan's rub that shoulder out

BroncoMan4ever
11-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Difficult question for everyone.

Should the team rest Doom this week so he is 100% near the end of the season or play him since it is a division game that with a win basically gives us the division?

TheReverend
11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Confession: I actually orgasmed reading that news.

ZONA
11-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Knew it. When you don't feel or hear a pop usually it's not going to be that bad. I bet they hold him out for next game just as precaution.

TheReverend
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM

Should the team rest Doom this week so he is 100% near the end of the season or play him since it is a division game that with a win basically gives us the division?

If he progresses enough to feel like he can play, then you:

Dress him for the gym,
let him try it live,
if it's uncomfortable-pull him

Action
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Can this thread be a lesson to stop speculating on injuries?

I swear some people already made up their minds he had a tear and was probably out for the rest of the year.

It's sad no wonder us weekly and tmz make so much money

DBroncos4life
11-12-2012, 01:16 PM

Play him if he can play rest him if he can't. SD OL is a mess and he owned the Chargers OL in the 2nd half, might even claim he made the play that changed our season.

OOJack
11-12-2012, 01:17 PM
The mri is to confirm the diagnosos. This is probably going to be bad news for doom.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/ghettoindustries/600full-ace-ventura3A-pet-detective-screenshot.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
11-12-2012, 01:19 PM
That is excellent news....between Dumervil, DMT, and Peyton Manning's awkward slide, I was getting the vibe that it was going to be one of those games that Denver would lose a few players to injury.

bronco militia
11-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Kick ass!

SouthStndJunkie
11-12-2012, 01:20 PM
I about sharted brown liquid into my pants when Peyton Manning made that awkward slide....at first glance it looked like he might have ****ed up his knee.

baja
11-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Give Doom a game off to heal. We need him later too badly to take a risk for one game when we only need few wins against teams we should beat to win the division.

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2012, 01:24 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zLSwpjpVmRU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SoCalBronco
11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Excellent news. Don't push it Doom. If you cant go against SD, dont go.

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vSCALpmxnLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ
11-12-2012, 01:26 PM

I'd rest Doom for sure and try to let him heal up as much as possible for the playoffs. Also, with Ayers playing so well, it gives Ayers a chance to get more playing time.

gyldenlove
11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
A muscle sprain like I said.

I think give him an easy week, see how he feels on Friday, if he can put pressure on it then dress him and give him a few plays, if not sit him and hope he is ready for the next week.

This is awesome news.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Can this thread be a lesson to stop speculating on injuries?

I swear some people already made up their minds he had a tear and was probably out for the rest of the year.

It's sad no wonder us weekly and tmz make so much money

You havent been here very long.

This is what the Mane does. Try going back and looking at a thread about Marshall's hand. Actually, dont even waste your time.

broncocalijohn
11-12-2012, 01:41 PM
GREAT news:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/

THank God because as a Maner, I was going to come to my own conclusion and throw out an opinion that rivals light rail excerpts and go with amputation and out for 8 to 12 weeks.

baja
11-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Rather he plays or not they should upgrade Doom to probable so SD has to prepare for him.

RedskinBronco
11-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Sit him out against SD. Home game, we can get by for this week.

AVOID long term issues.

2KBack
11-12-2012, 02:08 PM
THank God because as a Maner, I was going to come to my own conclusion and throw out an opinion that rivals light rail excerpts and go with amputation and out for 8 to 12 weeks.

No way, when I had my amputation a few years back it was more like a 6 months, and really it has never been the same.

HorseHead
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Great news! Thanks for putting it here...release the Kracken! :yayaya::yayaya:

DENVERDUI55
11-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Wow give Doom a game or two off. JDR can just turn Big Bob or Unrein Loose!

baja
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Wow give Doom a game or two off. JDR can just turn Big Bob or Unrein Loose!

We should pronouncing his name "Un real"

TheChamp24
11-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Honestly, if he feels okay Sunday, let him go, but extremely limit him. Say only on passing downs and if the game gets out of hand, rest him.

baja
11-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Here's what will happen Doom will be inactive and KM will be activated in his place.

crowebomber
11-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I think the Mane should demand a second opinion. Did they even check him for a Lisfranc injury?

mhgaffney
11-12-2012, 02:55 PM
It's great that when one guy goes out -- his replacement comes in and steps it up.

We saw this with Porter -- then Mays -- now Doom.

Carter, Brooking, Ayers ...

This is a sign the team is finally coming together.

UberBroncoMan
11-12-2012, 03:05 PM

That's a good one. Winning this would give us a 4 game lead over the Chargers (with the tiebreaker).

7-3
4-6

That said, if Ayers can keep stepping it up it might be perfectly fine to rest him.

pricejj
11-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Nothing but rehab and rest for Dumervil. This team is definitely a SuperBowl contender with him....without him, not so sure.

broncocalijohn
11-12-2012, 03:40 PM
No way, when I had my amputation a few years back it was more like a 6 months, and really it has never been the same.

Unless your name is Elvis Dumervil, I say STFU! 8 to 12 weeks is what I was going with for an amputation for Doom. You are just a feeble human. 6 months? What are you rehabing if nothing is there anymore?

baja
11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
The Broncos got the best possible news on DE Elvis Dumervil's left shoulder Monday when an MRI revealed nothing more than a muscle strain. Dumervil is considered "day to day," Broncos coach John Fox said.

Dumervil had a sprained left shoulder early in 2011 that he tried to play through in Week 1. However, his struggles to play essentially one-armed led the Broncos to deactivate him for two games before he returned to the lineup. Thus, the Broncos might be cautious with Dumervil, who said Sunday the shoulder "hurt pretty bad," causing him to miss the final three quarters of Denver's 36-14 win.

"He'll be fine," S Rahim Moore said. "I know when he was in [on Sunday] he played his butt off, and he was going to have a monster game, like he always does. That's our captain, that's our leader, that's our playmaker."

Dumervil is second on the Broncos with seven sacks this year.

If Dumervil doesn't play against San Diego on Sunday, Robert Ayers -- a former starter and 2009 first-round pick who was demoted this summer -- would likely take his place. Ayers played 49 snaps on Sunday and finished with a sack, five tackles, two tackles for losses and two passes defensed.

"Robert did an outstanding job stepping in when Elvis went down," Fox said. "He had probably one of his better outings since I've been here."

Tags: Elvis Dumervil, Rahim Moore, Robert Ayers, Injury Updates, Denver Broncos, NFL

GREAT NEWS HE'S NOW DAY TO DAY

jerseyboiler120
11-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Great news. I was getting nervous as heck yesterday seeing DT, Doom, and then Manning's bad slide. Thought we were cursed to have half-a-dozen key injuries yesterday.

DenverBroncosJM
11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
wait a sec..

I thought Doom was having that arm amputated today? This is an amazing turn of events!

Lestat
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
so glad it wasn't a pec or triceps injury that would put him on the shelf.

bronco militia
11-12-2012, 05:55 PM

hey look its's my biggest fan! LOL

FYI, I had consulted with my broncos insider and he told me to prepare for the worst.

but we are not Doomed! ;D

wolf754life
11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
wonderful news, everyone was relieved, even elvis was preparing for the worst! bullet dodged..............

baja
11-12-2012, 06:19 PM
wonderful news, everyone was relieved, even elvis was preparing for the worst! bullet dodged..............

and you know that how?

Kaylore
11-12-2012, 10:20 PM
wait a sec..

I thought Doom was having that arm amputated today? This is an amazing turn of events!

I heard he died.

TheReverend
11-12-2012, 10:23 PM
I heard he died.

This. Not sure how he escaped the death grip of his gangrenous shoulder injury. Needless to say, the good news had me ejaculating confetti.

DivineLegion
11-12-2012, 10:52 PM
This. Not sure how he escaped the death grip of his gangrenous shoulder injury. Needless to say, the good news had me ejaculating confetti.

Speaking of probable amputees, you might want to get that checked out.

SportinOne
11-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Sit him vs. San Diego, no question. We don't need him to beat San Diego. We do need him to beat Houston or New England.

cutthemdown
11-13-2012, 02:01 AM
Sit him vs. San Diego, no question. We don't need him to beat San Diego. We do need him to beat Houston or New England.

Football players and coaches don't think like that. If he can play, if he's healthy enough to go, he will go. Way to early in the season still to count SD out. Seriously we beat them down and we go a long ways to knocking them out. That and Doom prob hates Rivers. He could sit if he can't practice by thursday, but if he can i bet he plays.