PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos best team in the NFL?

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Wow amazing game by the defense. Who is better?

discuss

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c17.0.403.403/p403x403/559320_555846754431090_1705934100_n.jpg

DBroncos4life
11-11-2012, 12:33 PM
No we are a RB and a LB away from being a contender.

rbackfactory80
11-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Doesn't matter, dumb thread.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Great yes. But the best team in the NFL doesn't fumble. And better yet they know how to recover a fumble. Lots of things to work on before being considered the best. They are toward the top though

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Doesn't matter, dumb thread.

Why is it a dumb thread? It is a discussion thread. dip****. this is a message board.

brncs_fan
11-11-2012, 12:41 PM
When we beat NE, they I will feel that way.

rbackfactory80
11-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Why is it a dumb thread? It is a discussion thread. dip****. this is a message board.

Act like you have been there before. This is something I would expect from chiefs planet.

razorwire77
11-11-2012, 12:47 PM
My guess is that the two elite teams that beat us this season are better.

When they take out the Ratbirds and the Pats, then I'll chest thump. For now, I'm highly encouraged that they can play so poorly offensively and still dismantle an NFL team not named the Chefs.

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Act like you have been there before. This is something I would expect from chiefs planet.

There are threads all week on where the Broncos are ranked, what Mannings QBR is... it is a message board. I don't necessarily think the Broncos are the best team I am look for discussion on it.

"act like you have been there before"...lol

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 12:55 PM
When we beat NE, they I will feel that way.

I agree with you. As long as NE is in the playoffs they are the best team. I am anxious to see the rematch though.

Denver's defense is so much better than what it was when they played.

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Great play by Rahim the dream Moore!!!! Nice INT. He has been looking to get one for weeks now!!

Rohirrim
11-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Down, boy!

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Great yes. But the best team in the NFL doesn't fumble. And better yet they know how to recover a fumble. Lots of things to work on before being considered the best. They are toward the top though

Those are two VERY good points. WTF is up with the fumbles???

OBF1
11-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Pancakes...nothing else needs to be said

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Pancakes...nothing else needs to be said

R U sure nothing else needs to be said??

I don't get it!

Rock Chalk
11-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Our wins against Cincy and NO the last two weeks look a little better now IMO and, all things considered, if we were to play Houston, Atlanta or NE now, I like our chances better. Not that we would certainly win, but I definitely think we could win.

KipCorrington25
11-11-2012, 01:35 PM
http://nickgiovannetti.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/wolfe.jpg

Agamemnon
11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I might be willing to agree when they stop turning the damn ball over...

bronco militia
11-11-2012, 01:39 PM

LOL

/thread

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 01:40 PM

LOL... that is perfect!!!!!LOLLOL

broncosteven
11-11-2012, 01:42 PM
I have a feeling that the Pat's will come to Denver in the playoffs. they are squeaking by too many teams not to drop at least one more game than we do this year.

I think right now at this point of the season there is no other complete team that can hang with us as long as we don't turn it over.

Agamemnon
11-11-2012, 01:46 PM
I have a feeling that the Pat's will come to Denver in the playoffs. they are squeaking by too many teams not to drop at least one more game than we do this year.

I think right now at this point of the season there is no other complete team that can hang with us as long as we don't turn it over.

The bolded part is kind of an issue right now...

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 01:47 PM

Yeppers, Houston is the most complete team but really it comes down to NE.

In the AFC who has

Better offense than Denver?
Better defense than Denver?
Better special teams than Denver?

broncosteven
11-11-2012, 01:50 PM
The bolded part is kind of an issue right now...

I agree but we can win inspite of losing the TO differential.

There were a lot of people here and in the Media who thought Carolina was going to give us a handful and maybe even win outright. I don't think we get taken lightly until the Balt game and even then I like our chances against them.

Smilin Assassin
11-11-2012, 01:52 PM
They're downright Super.

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 01:53 PM
They're downright Super.http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=31719&stc=1&d=1352670699

That is a great pic!!!

USMCBladerunner
11-11-2012, 01:54 PM
There are lots of positive trends with this team, but we have three losses, all against teams that may still be better than the Broncos. We are in the discussion, but there are plenty of weaknesses on this team...most glaringly, ball protection

broncosteven
11-11-2012, 02:32 PM

In the AFC who has

I think Houston is beatable.

Agamemnon
11-11-2012, 02:34 PM
There are lots of positive trends with this team, but we have three losses, all against teams that may still be better than the Broncos. We are in the discussion, but there are plenty of weaknesses on this team...most glaringly, ball protection

Atlanta and New England are not better than the Broncos. You could make an argument for Houston, but I still like our chances.

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 02:35 PM
I think Houston is beatable.

very beatable that is why I think NE is the biggest threat in the AFC

Agamemnon
11-11-2012, 02:42 PM
very beatable that is why I think NE is the biggest threat in the AFC

Meh. They caught us off guard with an unprecedented offensive gameplan (running hurry up all game long is just insane), and they still needed big turnovers to finish the deal at home. If we don't beat ourselves we are better than New England. No doubt about it.

Houston on the other hand has almost no holes on their team. The only issue is that Schaub just isn't on par with Manning and Brady.

Broncos4tw
11-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Best team? That's premature. Do you really think we could go into NE and win? I am not confident we can do that. Nor Houston.

The best way to put it is that the team is finding an identity, playing for one another for the first time in a long time, still making some mistakes but finding ways to win. Today was the first solid game we've played in a long time. Solid on all three phases. But you have to take into consideration.. the Panthers suck.

Ask again after the Ravens game. Then we'll know just how good we are.

Greatspirits
11-11-2012, 02:53 PM
We're definitely on the up trend. The exciting part is we still have a lot of areas where we can improve on and we're still winning! When the turnovers, dropped passes and silly penalties stop we just might end up being one the best.

razorwire77
11-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Houston
Baltimore
New England
Denver

Although the AFC is really up for grabs this year.

oubronco
11-11-2012, 03:05 PM

In the AFC who has

Baltimore is playing pretty damn good right now

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Baltimore is playing pretty damn good right now

Baltimore plays great at home and terrible on the road. I do not think they are better than the Broncos on a neutral field.

Action
11-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Baltimore plays great at home and terrible on the road. I do not think they are better than the Broncos on a neutral field.

Too bad Ravens and Broncos would never meet on a "neutral" field.

Bacchus
11-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Too bad Ravens and Broncos would never meet on a "neutral" field.

Too bad I guess... Denver will just have to get a better record so they come to Denver in the playoffs.

NFLBRONCO
11-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Too sloppy
Running game isn't good enough either
We need Kuper

gyldenlove
11-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Houston is the best team in the league right now, they play the most complete game and have the fewest weaknesses.

I think a very cogent argument could be made that Denver, Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay and San Fransisco in some order or another are all quite close though.

It takes more than kicking the crap out of the Raiders in an early game on the East coast to make Baltimore a good team, their remaining schedule is absolutely grueling and for a team that has only 2 clear wins (Cincinatti and Oakland both at home), it is not looking too rosey. @Pittsburgh, @San Diego, Pittsburgh, @Washington, Denver, Giants and @Cincinatti, they will lose at least 3 of those games, possibly as many as 5.

NUB
11-11-2012, 04:22 PM
I think Denver can match up well with any offense not focused on running the ball. Matchups make fights kinda thing. I would not want to play Chicago, San Fran, New England, Baltimore, or Houston right now. If Denver got to the Superbowl I would want Green Bay or Atlanta, hands down. Or Giants to watch ESPN splooge. Or the Bears, but that would potentially be the worst game ever if Denver lost.

baja
11-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Meh. They caught us off guard with an unprecedented offensive gameplan (running hurry up all game long is just insane), and they still needed big turnovers to finish the deal at home. If we don't beat ourselves we are better than New England. No doubt about it.

Houston on the other hand has almost no holes on their team. The only issue is that Schaub just isn't on par with Manning and Brady.

Actually with the way the defense is coming on especially Harris and Carter not to mention Porter if needed and how bad NE's defense is we will kill NE. I can't wait to play them again and I don't care where we play as long as it is not snowing. ;D

maher_tyler
11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
To many fumbles. Can't turn the ball over like we have against good teams.

maher_tyler
11-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I think Denver can match up well with any offense not focused on running the ball. Matchups make fights kinda thing. I would not want to play Chicago, San Fran, New England, Baltimore, or Houston right now. If Denver got to the Superbowl I would want Green Bay or Atlanta, hands down. Or Giants to watch ESPN splooge. Or the Bears, but that would potentially be the worst game ever if Denver lost.

This is the best i have seen this team play against the run for as long as i can remember.

Crushaholic
11-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I just want to be the best team, in February...

RaiderH8r
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
That is a great pic!!!

You can see Moreno in the background about to pull a hammy celebrating the play.

NUB
11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
This is the best i have seen this team play against the run for as long as i can remember.

Really? Denver crushed run-games in '05 and did pretty well in other seasons around that year. This year they're 12th against the run right now, a respectable standing, but they've been proven suspect against teams that actually try to run the ball. Denver's strength on defense is getting to the passer and playing coverage. I would much prefer any of the pass-heavy teams when the postseason rolls around.

errand
11-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Those are two VERY good points. WTF is up with the fumbles???

I know right? Was watching the game and someone mentioned that Cam's sideways pass when being hit couldn't possibly have been a fumble due to the fact that a Broncos player recovered it...LOL

DBroncos4life
11-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm willing to bet no one wants to play us in the playoffs.

ZONA
11-11-2012, 06:45 PM
I think you have a good argument. We played a BRUTAL schedule to start out with, nobody came close to playing some many top teams. We had some growing pains in those games but played hard and almost pulled them out. I definitely think we're playing more together now and I think if we had another shot at those teams I like our chances.

But.....there's no such thing as best team in the league until after the Superbowl is over.

maher_tyler
11-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Really? Denver crushed run-games in '05 and did pretty well in other seasons around that year. This year they're 12th against the run right now, a respectable standing, but they've been proven suspect against teams that actually try to run the ball. Denver's strength on defense is getting to the passer and playing coverage. I would much prefer any of the pass-heavy teams when the postseason rolls around.

The Wilson years we were usually pretty good at stopping the run. Seems like were better than 12th. After seeing teams bust off 20+ yard runs multiple times a game in years past, makes this run D look a lot better.

NUB
11-11-2012, 07:28 PM
The Wilson years we were usually pretty good at stopping the run. Seems like were better than 12th. After seeing teams bust off 20+ yard runs multiple times a game in years past, makes this run D look a lot better.

It's definitely way better than the past three or so years. Those defenses were horrendous.

Atwater His Ass
11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm concerned about our inability to run the ball the past 2 weeks against CIN and CAR.
We need to get more consistent running the ball and stop the fumbles.

Bacchus
11-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Houston is the best team in the league right now, they play the most complete game and have the fewest weaknesses.

I think a very cogent argument could be made that Denver, Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay and San Fransisco in some order or another are all quite close though.

It takes more than kicking the crap out of the Raiders in an early game on the East coast to make Baltimore a good team, their remaining schedule is absolutely grueling and for a team that has only 2 clear wins (Cincinatti and Oakland both at home), it is not looking too rosey. @Pittsburgh, @San Diego, Pittsburgh, @Washington, Denver, Giants and @Cincinatti, they will lose at least 3 of those games, possibly as many as 5.

I agree, the Ravens are not a good road team.

Bacchus
11-12-2012, 01:17 AM

I think Manning can and will expose their secondary. PLus Denver's Run D is much better now.

Bacchus
11-12-2012, 01:21 AM
But.....there's no such thing as best team in the league until after the Superbowl is over.

Ah but there is the ever so important Power Rankings that come out every week.:strong::strong::strong:

AND WE ALL LOOK FOR THEM TOO!!

Despite their losses the Panthers have been playing everyone tough this year. I think they have two losses that got out of control but other than that they have been in every game.

LongDongJohnson
11-12-2012, 01:46 AM

The broncos have been stout against the run all season. We only gave up over 100 yards twice this year. Houston and of course new england who had well over 200 yards on us were the 2 games. That wont happen again though. With joe mays out were doing pretty good.

Were ranked 10th in yards.
Even better were 2nd in yards per carry at 3.6 ypc. Thats a great stat. Also longest run weve given up so far is only 24 yards.

TonyR
11-12-2012, 07:54 AM
I'm concerned about our inability to run the ball the past 2 weeks against CIN and CAR.
We need to get more consistent running the ball and stop the fumbles.

Agree, and we need to do better on 3rd down. Only 3/12 yesterday. Not good enough against better teams.

This made me feel a little better about the running game:

Sometimes running the ball isn't just about getting yards (although they are certainly nice). It's about setting up the defense for play action. Sucking the linebacker into the line of scrimmage is that important when you work the middle of the field and the seams as often as the Broncos do. One of the things you have to appreciate about Peyton Manning is that he won't abandon the run at the first sign of resistance. So, those two- and three-yard gains that seem so boring to you? Patience, Daniel-san. http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-week-10-broncos-at-panthers

baja
11-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Wonder how Atlas feels now

He turned his back on his long time favorite team to follow Shanahan to Washington.

LongDongJohnson
11-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Wonder how Atlas feels now

He turned his back on his long time favorite team to follow Shanahan to Washington.
Did someone really go follow shanny to Washington? Thats idiotic. Guys like him were never fans to begin with.

Whats he going to do when shanny gets fired?

TonyR
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Whats he going to do when shanny gets fired?

Follow him into retirement, hopefully...

OrangeSe7en
11-12-2012, 04:53 PM

Houston isn't a complete team?

JCMElway
11-12-2012, 07:36 PM

Mock? Are you back?

Bacchus
11-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Mock? Are you back?

LOL.. I do not know Mock but thanks for the compliment.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 12:01 AM

Yep were number two.. But then no body had to run they just passed all day..

we were ranked 29th against the pass for yardage.. tied for 17th against TDs allowed, which mean only 8 teams were worse in giving up TD's..

so depending on how you look at it good at defending the run sucked donkey balls defending the pass. = below average on D..

lonestar
11-13-2012, 12:08 AM
I agree, the Ravens are not a good road team.

BAL 23 @ PHI 24
BAL 9 @ KC 6
BAL 13 @ HOU 43
BAL 25 @ CLE 15

2-2 on the road one loss against perhaps the best team in football..

BTW they are 5-0 at home where we play them.. an early game on the east coast..

how about we see if we can beat them and then crow about who is best Pardon the pun..

NUB
11-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Yep were number two.. But then no body had to run they just passed all day..

we were ranked 29th against the pass for yardage.. tied for 17th against TDs allowed, which mean only 8 teams were worse in giving up TD's..

so depending on how you look at it good at defending the run sucked donkey balls defending the pass. = below average on D..

There was a reason for that.

Well, a couple of them. One was that Denver was good enough offensively to gain leads. Another was the style of defense itself. The zero-blitzing palooza that was 2005 meant a lot of big pass plays on the corners. It also meant a high number of turnovers. End result? Number three in points allowed.

Not bad for a "below average" defense.

lonestar
11-13-2012, 01:50 AM
There was a reason for that.

Well, a couple of them. One was that Denver was good enough offensively to gain leads. Another was the style of defense itself. The zero-blitzing palooza that was 2005 meant a lot of big pass plays on the corners. It also meant a high number of turnovers. End result? Number three in points allowed.

Not bad for a "below average" defense.

I did not see the #3 points allowed. Anywhere. Perhaps a link.

BTW I seem to recall playing PIT after that season and having an almost rookie QB set records for 3rd down effiency as well as having Bettis run all day on us.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different game but I do think so.

NUB
11-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Pittsburgh game was lost because Plummer imploded against a strong defense. He fumbled in our own territory and then started his next drive by getting intercepted. Denver was already blown out come the second half. Second half, Plummer fumbled deep in Denver territory and threw another pick. You can't put that game on the defense, which played about as well as it could given the circumstances. Denver was certainly not "run upon" by any means. Cutler got drafted for a reason.

Inkana7
11-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Pittsburgh game was lost because Plummer imploded against a strong defense. He fumbled in our own territory and then started his next drive by getting intercepted. Denver was already blown out come the second half. Second half, Plummer fumbled deep in Denver territory and threw another pick. You can't put that game on the defense, which played about as well as it could given the circumstances. Denver was certainly not "run upon" by any means. Cutler got drafted for a reason.

Pittsburgh converted something like 80% of its third downs that game. Jake played like ass but the defense was worse and couldn't get off the field.

mwill07
11-13-2012, 07:49 AM
I did not see the #3 points allowed. Anywhere. Perhaps a link.

BTW I seem to recall playing PIT after that season and having an almost rookie QB set records for 3rd down effiency as well as having Bettis run all day on us.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different game but I do think so.

link (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2005.htm)

just use PFR for all your stats needs and call it a day.

mwill07
11-13-2012, 07:59 AM
vs Pittsburgh: That was the season of "no Mistake Jake". we had ther #2 rushing O in the league, and won games by running the ball, Plummer playing within himself and not turning it over - that, plus a strong D = 13-3 record.

IIRC, Jake had a flu leading up to that game - could have contributed to some early issues. Looking at the game log, he was sacked & fumbled early, putting Pittsburgh in good field position early. That, plus a defense that couldn't get off the field (3 3rd & long conversions on next drive) , put Denver down 17-3 just before the half. Inside 2 minutes, Plummer is intercepted and Steelers score again, making it 24-3...game over by halftime and we were not built to be able to recover from something like that....not with an offense that passed for only 3200 yards in the regular season.

eta: we had exactly one 300+ yard passing game that whole season.

NUB
11-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Pittsburgh converted something like 80% of its third downs that game. Jake played like ass but the defense was worse and couldn't get off the field.

Bullcrap. You don't turn the ball over four times, deep in your own territory, and blame it on the defense.

mwill07
11-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Bullcrap. You don't turn the ball over four times, deep in your own territory, and blame it on the defense.

yeah, I it's tough to pin that one on the D.

Bronco D gave up 4 TD drives on the day, but only one for more than 5 plays or 40 yards.

Crushaholic
11-13-2012, 08:55 AM

Mock was one of a kind. Sadly, he passed away. I'm sure that he would throw his beloved "Hornheads" (Vikings) in the discussion, somewhere...ROFL!

Bacchus
11-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Mock was one of a kind. Sadly, he passed away. I'm sure that he would throw his beloved "Hornheads" (Vikings) in the discussion, somewhere...ROFL!

I have read a couple of his threads. Wow, he took alot of abuse from CaliJohn!! LOL and everyone. But it seemed to me he loved it.

baja
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I have read a couple of his threads. Wow, he took alot of abuse from CaliJohn!! LOL and everyone. But it seemed to me he loved it.

No he did not love it. especially when dumped on about his unfortunate hospital experience which eventually killed him. I know this because we used to talk about it on the phone.

v2micca
11-13-2012, 11:23 AM
yeah, I it's tough to pin that one on the D.

Bronco D gave up 4 TD drives on the day, but only one for more than 5 plays or 40 yards.

There was also just some dumb luck in that game that didn't go our way. I remember, early in the 1st quarter, Ben throws a quick out to the sideline that Champ jumps. Somehow, the ball bounces off his hand up in the air at just the right angle that the receiver grabs it and makes the first down marker. Champ was so close to grabbing that one it hurt. And, if he had, there was daylight between him and the endzone, certain picksix. Would have changed the course of the game and probably swung it in our favor.

TonyR
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM
One has to wonder, if the Broncos FO knew the team would be this good this season would they have used that 2nd round pick on filling a need rather than Osweiler? And maybe throw a little more money at FA?

CEH
11-13-2012, 05:49 PM
One has to wonder, if the Broncos FA knew the team would be this good this season would they have used that 2nd round pick on filling a need rather than Osweiler? And maybe throw a little more money at FA?

I'm still wondering what went on on draft day because something happened
I don't think Elway got who he wanted in the first
Someone did a terrible trade with New England

Bacchus
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
No he did not love it. especially when dumped on about his unfortunate hospital experience which eventually killed him. I know this because we used to talk about it on the phone.

My apologies, I was only talking about the two threads I read.

Bacchus
11-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm still wondering what went on on draft day because something happened
I don't think Elway got who he wanted in the first
Someone did a terrible trade with New England

I know they were supposedly looking at two DT that were gone. One was Poe whom the Chefs selected.

errand
11-13-2012, 08:05 PM

Depending on who you are, it could be viewed as an insult too....

Bacchus
11-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Depending on who you are, it could be viewed as an insult too....

Well, I am not sure so I'll take it as a compliment on my witty humor, charming personality and over-all football knowledge! :welcome::welcome:

baja
11-13-2012, 08:11 PM
My apologies, I was only talking about the two threads I read.

No problem you are kinda new here so how could you know. Didn't mean to sound curt in my post. Just wanted to clarify

errand
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM

Steelers converted 10 of 16 3rd downs (63%)...

Momentum
11-13-2012, 08:38 PM
We arent the best, but we are just out of that Houston, Atlanta, etc. category. I got us 5 at best. If we can stop coming out slow I really think a title is not out the question.

errand
11-13-2012, 08:43 PM

Jake fumbled at our 34.....which is bad, but not that deep in our territory. A good D would have held them to FG

Jake was intercepted at our 39.....again sucked, but not deep in our territory. A good D would have held them to a FG

Jake was intercepted at Steelers 28....really sucked, but was in their territory. the D finally forced them to punt.

Jake fumbled at our 8...which IS deep in our territory. D was put in a very bad position.

Inkana7
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Steelers converted 10 of 16 3rd downs (63%)...

6/7 (85%) in the first half after which we were down 24-3. 5 of which were 3rd-and-7 or longer.

errand
11-13-2012, 08:46 PM

He called phillybroncosnut's infant a "cross eyed retard"....now think about that and let it sink in before you start the "poor 'ol mock" stuff.

errand
11-13-2012, 08:49 PM
6/7 (85%) in the first half after which we were down 24-3. 5 of which were 3rd-and-7 or longer.

Preaching to the choir man...I know our D was Big Ben's prison bitch that day

baja
11-13-2012, 09:13 PM
He called phillybroncosnut's infant a "cross eyed retard"....now think about that and let it sink in before you start the "poor 'ol mock" stuff.

He's dead you want to dig him up and spank him.

Mock could be a insulting prick but there were other sides to him. He was my friend and I stand by that. Look in the mirror errand you are far from perfect.

TheChamp24
11-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Best team in the NFL?
Not until we prove we can beat the likes of the Pats, Texans, etc.

This game this week, I hate to say it, but its sort of a must win. We need to put our foot in the ground and really put a stranglehold on the AFC West. 7-3, essentially 4 games up on 2nd place Chargers.
This week, and the Ravens game are the two that to me will tell a lot more than the other games.

mwill07
11-14-2012, 07:33 AM
San Diego paper thinks so. (http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/nov/13/u-t-32-surprise-team-rises-first/)

Punisher
11-14-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't think we're the best team as a matter of fact i think the NFL is very even with no clear cut "great team'

NFLBRONCO
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Best team in the NFL?
Not until we prove we can beat the likes of the Pats, Texans, etc.

This game this week, I hate to say it, but its sort of a must win. We need to put our foot in the ground and really put a stranglehold on the AFC West. 7-3, essentially 4 games up on 2nd place Chargers.
This week, and the Ravens game are the two that to me will tell a lot more than the other games.

I agree we need to prove we can beat NE Texans Ravens Falcons GB etc. I think TB is a challenge for us too.

Rock Chalk
11-14-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't think we're the best team as a matter of fact i think the NFL is very even with no clear cut "great team'

It's like you have never watched the Chiefs play.

Punisher
11-14-2012, 03:51 PM
It's like you have never watched the Chiefs play.

Excuse me i mean even at the top lol I should of explain that better

Bacchus
11-14-2012, 08:25 PM
We arent the best, but we are just out of that Houston, Atlanta, etc. category. I got us 5 at best. If we can stop coming out slow I really think a title is not out the question.

I think Denver is much better than Atlanta. Atlanta's defense is not that good their running game is worse than Denver's. If they play again I expect Denver to win.

Bronco X
11-15-2012, 04:16 AM
The Broncos seem to be better now than they were when they lost to Atlanta, Houston and New England, but unfortunately Baltimore remains their only real test until the playoffs.

I think the one achilles heel is the running game and lack of RB depth. Back in the Super Bowl winning years the TD running game was the motor of the offense but the passing game with Elway, Smith Sharpe and McCaffrey was more than complimentary. Right now the running game isn't a truly complementary force to Manning's passing game. Which means the title aspirations of the team depends on the ability of the passing game to remain potent even when facing a top defense keyed in on shutting it down. It could happen but it's a concern.

CEH
11-15-2012, 05:24 AM
Right now I like Green Bay as the best team. They are getting their All Pro WRs back and what they did to Houston I think cannout be over looked

After Green Bay I like Denver , Hou , SF and maybe Balt

Flacco has games where he just looks down right average and their D is not as good as years past

Shaub has not look that good either the last couple games

I'd put Pitts over Balt but Big Ben is out for a while

TheChamp24
11-15-2012, 06:13 AM
I think Denver is much better than Atlanta. Atlanta's defense is not that good their running game is worse than Denver's. If they play again I expect Denver to win.

Atlanta has a tremendous passing attack, but like you said their running game has been nonexistent. Our running game isn't too impressive either, but we've shown more than the Falcons.
Atlanta benefited largely due to a couple luck plays to be honest.
Manning's first interception, the ball was snapped before the defense was set and the safety Moore had his back turned to the line of scrimmage and it was complete dumb luck he turned in time to see the ball going to Tamme.

Anyways, the Falcons benefited from having a good passing attack and catching us when we were out of sync of sorts on offense/defense.

mwill07
11-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Right now I like Green Bay as the best team. They are getting their All Pro WRs back and what they did to Houston I think cannout be over looked

After Green Bay I like Denver , Hou , SF and maybe Balt

Flacco has games where he just looks down right average and their D is not as good as years past

Shaub has not look that good either the last couple games

I'd put Pitts over Balt but Big Ben is out for a while

I'm pretty confident we would beat the packers on a neutral field. We match up well with them.

We can get after their QB much better than they can protect him. They have good WR's, we have good CB's. They have no running game, and aren't getting good paly from their TE. Everything that the Den D is vulnerable with, GB isn't very good at.

On the other side of the ball, we can protect the QB, better than they can rush. Manning would take a sack or two, but not really a big deal over the course of the game. Their pass defense is allowing opposing QB rating of 78.7, and they are giving up 243 passing yards/game. Their run D is a little better, giving up 98.3 yards per game, but at a 4 YPC clip. Overall, their D is 9th in points (we are 10th), and 13th in yards (we are 5th)

Our defense is better than the Packer D, and our O is better than the Packer O.

Bacchus
11-15-2012, 08:10 AM
The Broncos seem to be better now than they were when they lost to Atlanta, Houston and New England, but unfortunately Baltimore remains their only real test until the playoffs.

I think the one achilles heel is the running game and lack of RB depth. Back in the Super Bowl winning years the TD running game was the motor of the offense but the passing game with Elway, Smith Sharpe and McCaffrey was more than complimentary. Right now the running game isn't a truly complementary force to Manning's passing game. Which means the title aspirations of the team depends on the ability of the passing game to remain potent even when facing a top defense keyed in on shutting it down. It could happen but it's a concern.

Its hard to argue that about the running game. They need to activate Moreno and get him 5 carries or so and see if it helps.