PDA

View Full Version : REWIND: 2011 NFL Draft

Action
11-08-2012, 11:02 PM
I thought this would be the perfect week for this poll...

If you could rewind the 2011 NFL draft, knowing what you know now, who would you have drafted with the Broncos 1st pick including Cam Newton?

Doggcow
11-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Von Miller

lonestar
11-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Watt by a country mile.

Let me add miller is going to be special IF they get some more players in front of him, if they do not then just going to be a player that the OC can take out of the equation with playing calling.

Watt IMO can not be taken out of the game plan.

BroncoMan4ever
11-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Von. He is just scratching the surface on what he can be. Only other I would consider is Julio Jones, not because I dislike our receivers but because he is a beast and would make our WR corps jaw droppingly badass.

SportinOne
11-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Is Watt really that good? I mean, i'm a Badger fan, i go to the damn school. I watched him in college. He had a very high motor, he was a great college player. Last year, he had a great play in the playoffs. But people are talking about him like he's...basically what Julius Peppers was when he first came into the league. What is going on?

Action
11-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Watt by a country mile.

Let me add miller is going to be special IF they get some more players in front of him, if they do not then just going to be a player that the OC can take out of the equation with playing calling.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1287/dumbassk.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6481/moroni.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img16/6718/4qle9w.png http://imageshack.us/a/img849/9983/4g2gkl.png

Action
11-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Is Watt really that good? I mean, i'm a Badger fan, i go to the damn school. I watched him in college. He had a very high motor, he was a great college player. Last year, he had a great play in the playoffs. But people are talking about him like he's...basically what Julius Peppers was when he first came into the league. What is going on?

Yes he's that good, I have no idea what happened between last year and this year, but something happened to awaken a beast.

However, he is not no damn MILE better than Von Miller...LOL

cutthemdown
11-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Couldn't go wrong with a lot of those players. Good luck for broncos that was a deep draft. Why give up Miller though he gets a ton of sacks. AJ Green though is probablty the best WR in the league already.

extralife
11-09-2012, 04:00 AM
the top of this draft is going to go down as pretty damn special

Bacchus
11-09-2012, 04:28 AM
WOw, that was a tremendous draft!!!! Best in years maybe.

You can't go wrong with Von Miller, AJ Green and JJ Watt. That being said I disagree with Lonestar and chose Miller. Call me stupid but I disagree.

g6matty
11-09-2012, 05:05 AM
you should change the question as if we couldnt select von miller. with that being said i have a huge man crush on AJ green to me he plays the ball and catches it better then anyone in the league. i argue with my friend all the time he reminds me of randy moss reincarnated the guy just goes up and gets the ball over anyone

Crushaholic
11-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Watt would have been great, but we needed interior line help. Von Miller was the correct choice...

baja
11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm happy with Von but wish we had taken Martin last year unless Os turns out to be our franchise qb.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-09-2012, 07:57 AM
People would've thought we were crazy if we took watt at number 2. He's great but Von may turn out better for the long haul

GoHAM
11-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Watt would have been great, but we needed interior line help. Von Miller was the correct choice...

This doesn't make any sense. Watt helps the interior line way more than Von does, since Watt is an interior player. That was the biggest knock on selecting Von over Dareus, we needed the most help on the interior.

I do agree with your last statement that Von was the correct choice.

Br0nc0Buster
11-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Watt and Green are both great players as well, but it becomes splitting hairs when trying to justify one over the other or over Von

I think we made the correct choice

But there is no really wrong choice when it comes to those 3

canadianbroncosfan
11-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Not sure how anyone can be that much more for Watt over Miller.

Their career stats are fairly close with Miller actually ahead in sacks. Not too mention, Miller was a gimp most of last season and won DROY.

I still take Miller over Watt 100 times out of 100.

SeedReaver
11-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I appreciate a high motor, but I'd pick the athleticism of a Von Miller over a hard-nosed, blue-collared, workout warrior like Watt any day.

:-*

underrated29
11-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Watt is a super stud, but he also plays on a stud defense for the texans. If you switched Von and Watt on teams, watt would not be having as good a year as von for us and Von would be having a much much much better year for them.

Watt is sick nasty, but he has nothing on Von, who is still far from reaching his ceiling. Watt is pretty close I would say. He was one of my fav prospects last year though and I am glad he is showing us he is a baller!!!

backup qb
11-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Von Miller without question every time

TheReverend
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Holla atcha boi P2

Crushaholic
11-09-2012, 01:06 PM
This doesn't make any sense. Watt helps the interior line way more than Von does, since Watt is an interior player. That was the biggest knock on selecting Von over Dareus, we needed the most help on the interior.

I do agree with your last statement that Von was the correct choice.

Hmmm....Since I don't spend much time watching the Texans, I decided to do some reasearch on your claim. It turns out you were right, to an extent. He is lined up inside, approximately 34 percent of the snaps. He is also more effective, as a DT, registering 8 sacks. I still would have taken Von. He was drafted to help with the interior line...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/43422/breaking-down-j-j-watts-play

jerseyboiler120
11-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Von.

jerseyboiler120
11-09-2012, 01:25 PM
btw - wish broncoman4ever would post more often or tell us all who the woman is.

oubronco
11-09-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm happy with Miller but Watt would've been nice as well

Jekyll15Hyde
11-09-2012, 02:53 PM
btw - wish broncoman4ever would post more often or tell us all who the woman is.

I like the Baccus girl more

baja
11-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Who will be better over the long run?

Von coached by JDR

or

Watt coached by Wade

baja
11-09-2012, 02:56 PM

Ditto

best ass ever

broncocalijohn
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I hate to change what good we have now so I voted Von. Nothing wrong with going with Watt or Von in my opinion. 2 positions we needed badly to improve the last few years. If we had Watt, would have we went after a LB (SAM or MIKE) in 2012? We took Brock and of course this can be bumped once he takes over. My preference would have been (if voting in 2011 knowing how good these players are now) would have been Watt and then pray we get LB help for 2012.
Either way, happy what we got last season at #2.

BroncoMan4ever
11-09-2012, 03:23 PM

Inez Sainz is the owner of the ass in Baccus avatar.

My avatar babe is Brandy Robbins. Don't google her if you are at work or in front of children or wives and girlfriends.

errand
11-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Von Miller could do for the Broncos what Lawrence Taylor did for the NY Giants.......and that is why he was the best player for us in the 2011 draft.

also that Inez' Sainz lady was that mexican reporter that caused a stir at the Jets training camp correct?

extralife
11-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Not sure how anyone can be that much more for Watt over Miller.

Their career stats are fairly close

I still take Miller over Watt 100 times out of 100.

I see logic is not your strong point

lonestar
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1287/dumbassk.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/9983/4g2gkl.png

What are you 12 or 13.

Anyone that does not think JJ Wat is better than Miller is a total homer.

Does not mean I do not like miller is nuts. But he has not even duly learned his OLB spot and when he does that also means he will be on the LOS less and less. When he is not on the LOS means less sacks and more coverage of players coming off the LOS. Which in turn means less game changing plays.

Not so with Watt he is already there.

Hey I get homers. But sometime you have to understand that we are not loaded with the best players. In this case Watt.

lonestar
11-09-2012, 08:39 PM
WOw, that was a tremendous draft!!!! Best in years maybe.

You can't go wrong with Von Miller, AJ Green and JJ Watt. That being said I disagree with Lonestar and chose Miller. Call me stupid but I disagree.

Not stupid at all. And I have no issues with those that chose Miller.

As an ex ORG I see the game different than most. If you control the LOS about 90% of the time you win lots of games.

DE,DT,NT, OT,OG,OC are those key players IMO you just can not scrimp on. Got to have quality in each one of them. On the OL you can have a semi weak link at OG or OC because they are srounded by others that can help out if need be.

Having dominate DE, DTs can kill even the better OLs.

Now OLBs are great because they can do lots of stuff. But unless you are an LT that takes total command of the game then just another good to great players. Not elite unless they are surrounded by a damned good DL and right now we are not quite there IMO need a couple more four down players and less specialty players like Doom and at least last year Miller.

Getting Wolf was a great move let's hope they can pull another guy like him out of the draft next year. Then Miller can just wreak havoc without worry of getting beat.

But right now Watt is the more complete guy in that group, mainly because he is surrounded by loads of talent.

For those haters, I was led to believe that diversity of thought on forums was the keys to learning.

Time to embrace thoughts others might have.

Or in some cases morons that will never get it.

lonestar
11-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Who will be better over the long run?

Von coached by JDR

or

Watt coached by Wade

Tough one but is suspect that JDR is not long term in DEN. But Wade KNows he should stick to what he does best DC.

JDR wil flirt with becoming a HC again. I'm just hoping it is with DEN and not some other team.

We all know that there will be 6-10 HC jobs to fill at the EOS. Hopefully he will not be lured away to another team that is a disaster.

Crushaholic
11-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Inez Sainz is the owner of the ass in Baccus avatar.

My avatar babe is Brandy Robbins. Don't google her if you are at work or in front of children or wives and girlfriends.

Oh.My.God. zowie!

lonestar
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
place attack on lone star here

So why just me why not Kaylore, since I Note he voted the same way.

Got an agenda?

jutang
11-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Incredibly deep draft when looking at that list. Impressive considering Miller, Peterson, Green, and Watt are already considered the best or close to it at their respective positions. I love Miller but when you get to have a Hall of Famer on your team I would choose the position that has the greatest longevity and biggest impact of football plays. DTs like RBs wear down earlier in their careers. WR see the ball about 10-15 plays. I'm guessing Peterson will still be In the league by the time Miller retires.

OrangeSe7en
11-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Watt is a super stud, but he also plays on a stud defense for the texans. If you switched Von and Watt on teams, watt would not be having as good a year as von for us and Von would be having a much much much better year for them.

Watt is sick nasty, but he has nothing on Von, who is still far from reaching his ceiling. Watt is pretty close I would say. He was one of my fav prospects last year though and I am glad he is showing us he is a baller!!!

I agree with this. Von is the bigger talent. I'd take Miller.

Punisher
11-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Vader

Play2win
11-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Incredibly deep draft when looking at that list. Impressive considering Miller, Peterson, Green, and Watt are already considered the best or close to it at their respective positions. I love Miller but when you get to have a Hall of Famer on your team I would choose the position that has the greatest longevity and biggest impact of football plays. DTs like RBs wear down earlier in their careers. WR see the ball about 10-15 plays. I'm guessing Peterson will still be In the league by the time Miller retires.

One of these is not like the others.

canadianbroncosfan
11-10-2012, 02:13 PM
What are you 12 or 13.

Anyone that does not think JJ Wat is better than Miller is a total homer.

Does not mean I do not like miller is nuts. But he has not even duly learned his OLB spot and when he does that also means he will be on the LOS less and less. When he is not on the LOS means less sacks and more coverage of players coming off the LOS. Which in turn means less game changing plays.

Not so with Watt he is already there.

Hey I get homers. But sometime you have to understand that we are not loaded with the best players. In this case Watt.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/04/von-miller-2012-defensive-rookie-of-year_n_1254950.html

Dedhed
11-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Watt by a country mile.

Von is special on a team with far less defensive talent around him.

DivineLegion
11-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Career totals including playoffs

JJ Watt:

109 Tackles, 19.5 Sacks, 14 PD, 0 FF, 1 INT

Von Miller:

100 Tackles, 21.5 Sacks, 5 PD, 3 FF, 0 INT

LongDongJohnson
11-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Von will be the best defensive player in the league soon. He stuffs the run and kills QBs. Cant ask for much more.

peacepipe
11-10-2012, 03:20 PM
I don't think jj watt would do as good in our 4-3 defense as he does now in the texans 3-4 defense. if we played a 3-4 millers stats would be way better than watts'.

Tim
11-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I have a homer premonition that von will get a sack and int vs newton.:strong:

If the probowl can be any indication of an actual game Von dominated.

Tim
11-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't think jj watt would do as good in our 4-3 defense as he does now in the texans 3-4 defense. if we played a 3-4 millers stats would be way better than watts'.

The amazing thing about watt is that he plays DE in the 3-4 so he isn't always on the edge

DENVERDUI55
11-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Von and Watt is a tossup but they are the two best out of that draft. They both are animals and effect the other teams run game and the pass game and have to be accounted for in both phases. They can't be schemed out without creating some big holes somewhere. I like Millers athletic ability and I am glad that Elway didn't take Dareus who I wanted intially.