PDA

View Full Version : Broncos the 4th most likely team to go to the SB.

Bacchus
11-07-2012, 11:54 PM
#2 in the AFC behind Houston. Ahead of the Packers, Patriots and Falcons.

4. Denver Broncos

Schein: Broncos can't lose -- really

Adam Schein makes his bold predictions for the second half, and sees big things for Peyton Manning and the Broncos.

Why they're legitimate contenders: John Elway gambled by banking that Peyton Manning would return to the ranks of the elite after missing an entire season following multiple neck surgeries, and he won big. The four-time MVP has been outstanding over the first half of the year; Manning's ability to dramatically improve the Broncos' offense has made them a serious contender in the AFC. The veteran quarterback is in the midst of a sizzling run, notching 17 touchdowns while giving up just three interceptions over the past six games. Most importantly, he's orchestrated several improbable comebacks that have created an incredible resolve in the Broncos, who now believe no deficit is too big to overcome. Given their confidence and offensive prowess, the Broncos are destined to be in the mix at the end.

See the rest of the teams here. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000091474/article/andrew-lucks-colts-jay-cutlers-bears-among-title-contenders

TheChamp24
11-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Remember back in the days when we fell behind by heck just 10 points, we knew it was over?
Now? Pssssh. We spot teams 24 points before unleashing the fury and scoring 35 unanswered to win.

Bronco X
11-08-2012, 06:12 AM
I don't buy the Bears at the top spot. Sure, what their defense is doing is remarkable, but the defensive scoring is also seems like a freak run and they aren't going to be able to count on that in the playoffs when they will come across elite QB play. The only elite QB they've faced is Rodgers who beat them. They played Luck in his first game ever, and they've played Romo and Stafford... they'll face better in a playoff run.

Marshall Dumervil
11-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't buy the Bears at the top spot. Sure, what their defense is doing is remarkable, but the defensive scoring is also seems like a freak run and they aren't going to be able to count on that in the playoffs when they will come across elite QB play. The only elite QB they've faced is Rodgers who beat them. They played Luck in his first game ever, and they've played Romo and Stafford... they'll face better in a playoff run.

Me either. Cutler has had some awful games this season and they have been lucky enough to survive. He'll implode sooner or later.

orangemonkey
11-08-2012, 07:42 AM

Lol. You people are ridiculous. The Bear's defensive propensity for turnovers is here to stay and Cut/Bmarsh are on fire together now in the red zone. They will be a force in the final stretch. The battle against San Fran in a few weeks will be a great test.

Mountain Bronco
11-08-2012, 07:52 AM
No defense scores at that pace consistently. It will drop off.

Cutler and Marshall are clicking for sure, but Jay will implode at some point. It is who he is.

Marshall Dumervil
11-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Lol. You people are ridiculous. The Bear's defensive propensity for turnovers is here to stay and Cut/Bmarsh are on fire together now in the red zone. They will be a force in the final stretch. The battle against San Fran in a few weeks will be a great test.

Obviously he was on fire against Carolina, one of the worst teams in the league.

And at GB, where he had an amazing 28.2 rating.

orangemonkey
11-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Obviously he was on fire against Carolina, one of the worst teams in the league.

And at GB, where he had an amazing 28.2 rating.

And he just threw 3 TDs last week. WTF is your point? Cutler has a big bad ass elite receiver to throw too and they are starting to gel. Absolutely, the Bears are a top 4 contender. Their o-line is still suspect but this is the best continuity Jay has had on offense since Jay was Bronco.

LRtagger
11-08-2012, 08:26 AM

This week against the Texans will be a bigger test than the 9ers

orangemonkey
11-08-2012, 08:33 AM
This week against the Texans will be a bigger test than the 9ers

That's a great point. Houston clearly has a better overall offense but the Niners defense are allowing fewer points. Both games are going to be battles.

Bacchus
11-08-2012, 08:45 AM
That's a great point. Houston clearly has a better overall offense but the Niners defense are allowing fewer points. Both games are going to be battles.

49ers are overrated. The Broncos will expose them in the SB.

Marshall Dumervil
11-08-2012, 10:20 AM
And he just threw 3 TDs last week. WTF is your point? Cutler has a big bad ass elite receiver to throw too and they are starting to gel. Absolutely, the Bears are a top 4 contender. Their o-line is still suspect but this is the best continuity Jay has had on offense since Jay was Bronco.

My point is, since you missed it, is I don't think they're as good as their record.

They will probably make the playoffs, but someone is gonna hand them their ass in the postseason.

Peoples Champ
11-08-2012, 10:26 AM

Cutler and Marshall are clicking for sure, but Jay will implode at some point. It is who he is.

agreed,

The bears defense scores 2 or 3 touchdowns a game, and only gives up 13 pts. They could have an elephant playing QB and they would still be 7-1.

broncosteven
11-08-2012, 11:10 AM

duh bears do it consistently through a season, they preach it and scheme for them. It is when they start facing the better teams in the playoffs that can execute better where they don't get the TO's.

Just look at the year Orton started for them as a rookie, the D outscored the O then when the playoffs rolled around their TO's dried up.

Bears also get cheap points off returns. If they had to march 60-90 yards for each of their scores they would be in last place.

broncosteven
11-08-2012, 11:12 AM
BTW after duh bears get exposed vs Texans this week they will drop to about 7th

Greatspirits
11-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm still not sold on da bears......yet! The defense is playing well, Cutty and Marshall are clicking but they've had to squeak out some games against some poorer teams. Let's see how the 2nd half of the season goes and how they play against Green Bay before I can validate them.

Bacchus
11-08-2012, 12:49 PM
BTW after duh bears get exposed vs Texans this week they will drop to about 7th

I disagree, the Bears expose the Texans.

Smiling Assassin27
11-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Bears OL will let them down.

peacepipe
11-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Remember back in the days when we fell behind by heck just 10 points, we knew it was over?Now? Pssssh. We spot teams 24 points before unleashing the fury and scoring 35 unanswered to win.

back in the day for me was,down by 10!? no problem,JE will make something happen.

broncosteven
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
I disagree, the Bears expose the Texans.

Only if their D can force 6 TO's.

Cutler disappears in games, especially against good teams on national tv.

I think the Texans will stop Forte, Watt will have a career day both in sacks and batted balls. Bears are banged up on DL, Melton is questionable I think and Peppers is having trouble. Texans will be able to run the ball and get the misdirection to work.

Plus there is a chance Tillman doesn't play depending on when his wife goes into labor.

Bacchus
11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Only if their D can force 6 TO's.

Cutler disappears in games, especially against good teams on national tv.

I think the Texans will stop Forte, Watt will have a career day both in sacks and batted balls. Bears are banged up on DL, Melton is questionable I think and Peppers is having trouble. Texans will be able to run the ball and get the misdirection to work.

Plus there is a chance Tillman doesn't play depending on when his wife goes into labor.

We'll see. Going to be a fun game to watch.

TheChamp24
11-08-2012, 02:39 PM
I think I saw the Bears have scored 8 defensive touchdowns this year, which is freakin ridiculous. That is basically an extra 7 points a game they average right now, that won't continue. It just won't.

Bronco X
11-08-2012, 05:08 PM

I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it. I'm not particularly inclined to try and convince you they won't be scoring one defensive TD a game in the playoffs any more than I'm inclined to convince people the moon landing wasn't a hoax, so be jolly in your beliefs guy.

rbackfactory80
11-08-2012, 05:14 PM
This week is the toughest game left on the schedule...and yes I am including the Ratbirds.

Bronco Boy
11-08-2012, 08:24 PM
We're 2nd most likely according to Football Outsiders, guys who actually do the math.

RedskinBronco
11-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Knock on wood

Let's not jinx it. Do it Broncos. Just do it.