PDA

View Full Version : OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 29 - @ Cincinnati Bengals

Taco John
11-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Download Episode 29 - @ Cincinnati Bengals (http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/5k0h20po7q/121107-orangemanepodcast-29.mp3)
(right click - save as)

Taco John
11-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Sorry about the quality on this one. My headset went bad and my microphone sounded terrible. On top of that, Skype has been having network problems due to Sandy, and that made the Rev come in oddly for much of the time... I hope people can still enjoy it...

SoCalBronco
11-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Very good episode. Good to have the Rev back on the show. :)

The Joker
11-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Rev's rant against Carolina was a high point, lost it at "Rivera is a crap coach".

Also when everyone started cursing near the end, that was cool.

Really good listen this week again though guys, great stuff.

The safety situation is pretty worrying, really wish Quinton Carter had stayed healthy this year. Having a bit of veteran presence back there was probably a good thing for Moore in the early games, but we really could do with someone better alongside him for the playoff push.

Definitely a position I can see us looking at hard in the offseason, neither Adams or Leonard look like they have a lot to offer.

BowlenBall
11-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Spot-on observation by Rev about that beautiful, beautiful touchdown pass to Dreesen. Very innovative stuff, and really made me consider McCoy in a new light, as that had to have been something he installed (as opposed to something that was audibled by Manning). The crispness of the execution by all 11 players on that play was also very remarkable -- one of my favorite plays of the entire season, for sure.

Another great podcast, gentlemen -- the audio quality was a little rough (as TJ mentioned), but the commentary and insight were first class. SoCal and T.J. were solid as always, Chris K. is starting to hit his stride now in his second show, and Patrick really knows his stuff, particularly when talking about defensive backs (Where did you pick that up? Do you coach on the prep level?)

Sincere thanks and rep to all of you for producing these shows.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Very good episode. Good to have the Rev back on the show. :)

It was really fun to do and I'm glad I had the chance to get in this week. Hopeful to make a couple more before the season ends, but a lot of traveling ahead on the docket as well.

Rev's rant against Carolina was a high point, lost it at "Rivera is a crap coach".

Also when everyone started cursing near the end, that was cool.

Really good listen this week again though guys, great stuff.

The safety situation is pretty worrying, really wish Quinton Carter had stayed healthy this year. Having a bit of veteran presence back there was probably a good thing for Moore in the early games, but we really could do with someone better alongside him for the playoff push.

Definitely a position I can see us looking at hard in the offseason, neither Adams or Leonard look like they have a lot to offer.

I went into more detail with my game notes for your comments after last week's website write-up. Appreciable difference. You'll just have to deal with some repetitive stuff in the write-up this week.

Spot-on observation by Rev about that beautiful, beautiful touchdown pass to Dreesen. Very innovative stuff, and really made me consider McCoy in a new light, as that had to have been something he installed (as opposed to something that was audibled by Manning). The crispness of the execution by all 11 players on that play was also very remarkable -- one of my favorite plays of the entire season, for sure.

Another great podcast, gentlemen -- the audio quality was a little rough (as TJ mentioned), but the commentary and insight were first class. SoCal and T.J. were solid as always, Chris K. is starting to hit his stride now in his second show, and Patrick really knows his stuff, particularly when talking about defensive backs (Where did you pick that up? Do you coach on the prep level?)

Sincere thanks and rep to all of you for producing these shows.

I don't openly talk about this because validation from others doesn't particularly matter to me. You're welcome to PM if you really care to know.

Kaylore
11-08-2012, 09:00 AM
It was really good to hear you guys willing to do the show from Taco's night job working the drive through at Wendy's.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 09:13 AM
It was really good to hear you guys willing to do the show from Taco's night job working the drive through at Wendy's.

You "too good" to come talk to me now that your Obama guy won?

Kaylore
11-08-2012, 09:17 AM
You "too good" to come talk to me now that your Obama guy won?

LOL no. I have boy scouts on Wednesdays. Not EVERY week but I did this week. Sorry I missed it. Glad you and Taco ended the holdout, though.

Kaylore
11-08-2012, 09:37 AM
It's good to see you guys hold the Rev's feet to the fire on how he thinks Von Miller sucks, can't play football at all and thinks he punches old people and spits on babies in the middle of the night. Maybe one day theRev will change his bitter stance. One day...

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 09:46 AM
It's good to see you guys hold the Rev's feet to the fire on how he thinks Von Miller sucks, can't play football at all and thinks he punches old people and spits on babies in the middle of the night. Maybe one day theRev will change his bitter stance. One day...

:thumbsup:

....It was ****ing Cam that I hated, damn it.

:rofl:

Mine is probably like:

Peterson - Bliss
Von - Ecstatic
Dareus- Very Happy
Fairley - Happy
A.J. Green - Happy
Gabbert - Don't talk to me or I'll slap you
Cam - I'm going to get arrested, make an epic meltdown post and register at extremeskins.com

Kaylore
11-08-2012, 09:48 AM
It was mentioned in another thread, but how lucky are we we passed on Dareus?

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 09:51 AM
It was mentioned in another thread, but how lucky are we we passed on Dareus?

DT is hands down the most overrated position on the OM.

I'm glad Del Rio is exhibiting that in spades.

...that being said (and ignoring my staunch opposition to selecting him), Dareus has been pretty good thus far. It's not really his fault he plays for the Bills. They managed to ruin Super Mario for God's sake.

gyldenlove
11-08-2012, 09:51 AM
LOL no. I have boy scouts on Wednesdays. Not EVERY week but I did this week. Sorry I missed it. Glad you and Taco ended the holdout, though.

Ooooh so many possibilities to get banned responding to this post.....

DENVERDUI55
11-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Only because of who we took him over and was clearly the right decision. Well an argument could be made for JJ Watt.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Only because of who we took him over and was clearly the right decision. Well an argument could be made for JJ Watt.

So you're too stupid to get jokes now, too?

DENVERDUI55
11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
So you're too stupid to get jokes now, too?

I was laughing my ass off at this one. I like guys that take shots on themselves.

I don't openly talk about this because validation from others doesn't particularly matter to me. You're welcome to PM if you really care to know.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
I was laughing my ass off at this one. I like guys that take shots on themselves.

Holy **** dude...

Some remedial education is seriously in order for you...

Kaylore
11-08-2012, 10:27 AM
I just finished it. Aside from the Cutler spooge drinking at the end it was very good. I think an hour format is perfect and am unsure what more you guys could have fit in. That said, I need to start a thread...

BowlenBall
11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
It was really fun to do and I'm glad I had the chance to get in this week. Hopeful to make a couple more before the season ends, but a lot of traveling ahead on the docket as well.

I went into more detail with my game notes for your comments after last week's website write-up. Appreciable difference. You'll just have to deal with some repetitive stuff in the write-up this week.

You're actually spider-man, right?

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/secret-identity-6.jpg

Archer81
11-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I just finished it. Aside from the Cutler spooge drinking at the end it was very good. I think an hour format is perfect and am unsure what more you guys could have fit in. That said, I need to start a thread...

I can say I took no part in that. And eww.

:Broncos:

Taco John
11-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Cutler is a guy who I believe in his ability, but he's a jerk who is hard to like.

SoCalBronco
11-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Jay is very easy to like and root for.

Kaylore
11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Jay is very easy to like and root for.

No one agrees with this. Even in Chicago he is relatively maligned.

In fact Forbes did a survey on this and Jay Cutler came up second worst of anyone in the NFL behind a convicted felon.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000085306#photo=10

SoCalBronco
11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
No one agrees with this. Even in Chicago he is relatively maligned.

In fact Forbes did a survey on this and Jay Cutler came up second worst of anyone in the NFL behind a convicted felon.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000085306#photo=10

And I'm supposed to care what these people think because.....?

I find him very easy to root for. That others don't is there problem.

Mogulseeker
11-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Beadles has elevated his game to a Pro Bowl level.

Kaylore
11-08-2012, 03:34 PM
And I'm supposed to care what these people think because.....?

I find him very easy to root for. That others don't is there problem.

I didn't realize you were speaking for yourself. You just said he was easy to root for. I was showing you that overwhelmingly most of the population does not agree.

Chris
11-08-2012, 03:51 PM

http://fastfood.ocregister.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/127/files//2007/09/redwig-cop.jpg

Chris
11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Jay Cutler looks like a marshmallow and acts like a turd. It's easy to see why people dislike him.

hambone13
11-08-2012, 05:26 PM
You guys rock. I've been in the process of moving so I haven't been around to thank you for doing the show but I adore it. Not to take anything away from previous shows but the show is significantly more entertaining when the Rev is there and his knowledge is a just a bonus. Not to mention Chris K. is an excellent addition as well. Every show needs the obscure Decker gay reference to keep the ladies interested ;-)

While I appreciate the show to the degree that I shouldn't bitch and I'm not saying any of you are assholes for ever not doing or being on the show but you're assholes for not doing or being on the show.

hambone13
11-08-2012, 05:30 PM

It's not any worse than Rev's excuse for being on the road during his Decker love promotion tour featured at all the truck stops across the country.:wave:

I know it was Chris that made the reference to Decker but Rev is in denial and it's a convenient excuse for not making the show ever damn week...

hambone13
11-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Sorry about the quality on this one. My headset went bad and my microphone sounded terrible. On top of that, Skype has been having network problems due to Sandy, and that made the Rev come in oddly for much of the time... I hope people can still enjoy it...

Don't sweat the quality of the audio. We don't need your A/V expertise to make the show the dazzle that it is, the effort, time and consistency is payment enough but it's still BS that you don't bend over backwards to make sure it happens every week. Asshole Ha!

hambone13
11-08-2012, 05:39 PM

You should bring the Scouts. They need the exposure to dick, gay and fart jokes during intelligent football conversation. Piss poor excuse.

hambone13
11-08-2012, 05:45 PM

You mean like every time you make a post? Easy there Stanley, cheap power Tools are in high production.

Archer81
11-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Its a good time on these things. Glad I was invited to contribute.

TheReverend
11-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Non Same Old Cutler Argument Bump

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-10-2012, 08:29 AM
thanks

TheReverend
11-10-2012, 08:37 AM
You guys rock. I've been in the process of moving so I haven't been around to thank you for doing the show but I adore it. Not to take anything away from previous shows but the show is significantly more entertaining when the Rev is there and his knowledge is a just a bonus. Not to mention Chris K. is an excellent addition as well. Every show needs the obscure Decker gay reference to keep the ladies interested ;-)

While I appreciate the show to the degree that I shouldn't b**** and I'm not saying any of you are a-holes for ever not doing or being on the show but you're a-holes for not doing or being on the show.

We all know this. ;)

It's not any worse than Rev's excuse for being on the road during his Decker love promotion tour featured at all the truck stops across the country.:wave:

I know it was Chris that made the reference to Decker but Rev is in denial and it's a convenient excuse for not making the show ever damn week...

Also very true.

PS. Happy Birthday

Rock Chalk
11-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I have still yet to listen to one of these.

TheReverend
11-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Enters thread to announce this:

No one gives a ****.

Tombstone RJ
11-10-2012, 09:13 AM

the files are too big. 54 megabytes, seriously?? And piss poor sound quality on top of that?

hambone13
11-10-2012, 08:53 PM
the files are too big. 54 megabytes, seriously?? And piss poor sound quality on top of that?

lol, what kind of computer are you using a Commodore 64? And the sound quality is not that bad. Why are you even reading the thread if you haven't listened to it?

Archer81
11-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Podcast = good time. Every time.

Serious question...but do people seriously wonder if I have a lisp or not?

hambone13
11-10-2012, 08:57 PM
We all know this. ;)

Also very true.

PS. Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday DD

BowlenBall
11-10-2012, 10:11 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sl2GHADlNYs/RulgoHyflaI/AAAAAAAAANs/o29OOnq7K0o/s320/GoEnglish_com_1DontLookAGiftHorseInTheMouth.gif

theAPAOps5
11-10-2012, 10:37 PM

I mean seriously, for the good money you pay for these. Oh wait, they are free. What a stupid post.

broncosteven
11-14-2012, 09:53 PM

I have heard MOCR loops with comms from the Moon that sounded better!

LOL

They weren't doing a Bronco Podcast though!

Thanks for powering through it though Taco! The week you didn't do one was painful!

Love these!

broncosteven
11-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Podcast = good time. Every time.

Serious question...but do people seriously wonder if I have a lisp or not?

Yes, disappointed in lack of lisping. Rev sounds gayer than you do!

LOL

I would love to hear a female (I did edit out Chick to be more PC) on the podcast for a segment or 2, someone like Miss I, Sassy, Blue, gunns, just to get the different perspective. This is a community after all.

broncosteven
11-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I am a week behind on these but have a good shot at catching up in the next day or 2 now that the format is only 60 min!

Keep up the good work guys!

Miss I.
11-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Yes, disappointed in lack of lisping. Rev sounds gayer than you do!

LOL

I would love to hear a female (I did edit out Chick to be more PC) on the podcast for a segment or 2, someone like Miss I, Sassy, Blue, gunns, just to get the different perspective. This is a community after all.

now that you mention he does sound gayer. :kiss:

As for the chick component, I don't think the pod cast needs a token chick. The guys are doing just fine. Frankly I don't have the football chops to do a podcast and I don't want to spend the podcast as a distraction discussing the finer points of Eric's butt or something equally trivial.

Whoever is a part of the discussion should bring a decent level of knowledge about the game, the team and be fun to listen to and be able to get along with the other members. I don't see myself having those traits but some of the others might. But again, I don't think putting a female on just to have a female voice makes sense, but if she can bring the same value to the table as the other guys on there then by all means add her.

Good job on the podcast guys. It was really interesting to listen to, sound quality or not.

Mile High 81
11-19-2012, 04:11 AM
The podcasts are great. i hope we will get another one this week.

Tombstone RJ
11-19-2012, 10:56 PM
lol, what kind of computer are you using a Commodore 64? And the sound quality is not that bad. Why are you even reading the thread if you haven't listened to it?

I haven't listened to one in a while. I think the last one I listened to was last year.

hambone13
11-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Is there going to be a Podcast this week? Two weeks in a row w/o one is rough

Taco John
11-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Is there going to be a Podcast this week? Two weeks in a row w/o one is rough

Holiday week made it rough on us to get one together this week. I expect we'll be able to pull one out for next week.