PDA

View Full Version : Election Day!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-08-2012, 12:07 PM
It's perpetuating the stupid notion that "reverse racism" is somehow as big or bigger a problem than "regular racism".

Because everyone knows there's no group that's more persecuted than southern, white, middle class Christian males. ;)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Franklin County, OH Shuts Down ‘True the Vote’ Suppression Group

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/your-vote-counts-button1.jpg (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11/06/voter-suppression-group-shut-down-in-ohio/your-vote-counts-button1/)

Put a point in the “clean election” column. The conservative voter suppression group True the Vote (http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/true-the-vote-ohio-voter-suppression-14501028) just got shut down in one county in the swing state of Ohio.

Responding to allegations of fraud and voter suppression, the Franklin County Board of Elections revoked poll-watching credentials of True the Vote agents today.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11/06/voter-suppression-group-shut-down-in-ohio/

broncocalijohn
11-08-2012, 01:03 PM
It's logical, and best of all, you admit it's a guess.

My advice to Rev would be to sit in on a high school math class, and with the money he saves from taking a college stats class, he can buy himself a clue, or some more of that stuff he's smoking.

Basically, he's saying this:

Given - Obama is black
1 - 20% more black people voted for Obama than traditionally vote Democrat
Therefore - 20% of black people voted for Obama only because he's black.

Anyone have the % of blacks voting in 2004 compared to 2008? I would say that there was a big jump in registration to vote for Obama where blacks had not been voting in previous elections. Was the message that much bigger compared to Clinton (who was popular with blacks)? I would like to see the numbers and the increase from their vote.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Holy Chick-fil-A/Krispy Kreme, Batman! Yikes!

‘Unskewed’ pollster: ‘Nate Silver was right and I was wrong’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Unskewed-pollster-Dean-Chambers-via-Facebook-615x345.jpg

Dean Chambers, the man who garnered praise from the right and notoriety on the left for his “Unskewed Polling” site (http://www.businessinsider.com/unskewed-polling-dean-chambers-poll-bias-skewed-obama-romney-2012-9), admitted today that his method was flawed.

“Nate Silver was right (http://www.businessinsider.com/nate-silver-gets-it-right-2012-11), and I was wrong,” Chambers said in a phone interview.

Chambers’ method of “unskewing” polls involved re-weighting the sample to match what he believed the electorate would look like, in terms of party identification. He thought the electorate would lean more Republican when mainstream pollsters routinely found samples that leaned Democratic.

But as it turned out, the pollsters were right — self-identified Democrats outnumbered Republicans by 6% in election exit polls (http://www.businessinsider.com/exit-polls-election-obama-vs-romney-youth-latino-black-catholic-sampling-2012-11).

Cont: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/unskewed-pollster-nate-silver-was-right-and-i-was-wrong/

peacepipe
11-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Anyone have the % of blacks voting in 2004 compared to 2008? I would say that there was a big jump in registration to vote for Obama where blacks had not been voting in previous elections. Was the message that much bigger compared to Clinton (who was popular with blacks)? I would like to see the numbers and the increase from their vote.

http://takingnote.tcf.org/2008/11/digging-into-th.html

The share of black voters rose from 11 to 13 percent (hugely impressive for a group whose share of the overall population is growing very slowly) and the share of Hispanic voters rose from 8 to 9 percent. And blacks voted 95-4 for Obama (up from 88-11 in 2004), while Hispanics voted 67-31 for Obama

houghtam
11-08-2012, 01:44 PM

There would still be NO provable correlation. It's still an ignorant assumption based on two numbers that may or may not have anythig to do with one another. Interesting how you conveniently left out my post further down about the effect to ground campaign had on Boston's blocs traditionally unmotivated to vote.

I'd like to see the numbers for Clinton too, because there's no telling how much effect Hurricane Lili had on the black vote. Hilarious!

People, stop searching for reasons the Republicans lost handily on Tuesday other than the obvious, which is that their party is completely out of touch with its modern electorate.

BroncoBeavis
11-08-2012, 01:46 PM
^ This is what got me so animated on this topic to begin with. White males in particular voted against Obama in droves and yet we're supposed to be mad at African Americans for supporting a black candidate?

Yes, because there's no way to reach 62% of a demographic without racism in play. LOL

I don't necessarily subscribe to the racism argument either way. But you guys going full retard the other direction doesn't make it any better. Republicans usually consider themselves lucky (nationally) to get more than 10 or 12 points among blacks. I'm sure Obama's race drew out some more black people that didn't previously vote, but overall this isn't really that big of a thing.

Well, I guess maybe the split itself is a big deal (and a problem), but mostly it's old news.

Cito Pelon
11-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Now we'll see whether or not the Dems go for the strategy of dumping on 49% of the electorate. Based on recent history, the chances seem good.

Well, we'll see. The Dems hopefully don't think they can lord it over the GOP without making some concessions themselves. The GOP cannot hang onto the "no tax increases no way" stance. The Dems are gonna have to give some ground on some fiscal issues, throw the GOP some bones so to speak.

Both sides are gonna have to make some concessions, be statesman instead of partisan. Now they're not in election mode maybe they'll be devoting their time to talking to each other instead of campaigning.

BroncoBeavis
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
People, stop searching for reasons the Republicans lost handily on Tuesday other than the obvious, which is that their party is completely out of touch with its modern electorate.

Ah yes, the 50 to 48 landslide. Clearly they must throw everything out and start over again. Become slightly less-liberal Democrats. Foolproof.

Cito Pelon
11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Lol at all the emotional butt-hurt feelings. Losing is a part of partcipating. Everybody got their vote and the results are the results. No matter who won, we're on the long road to the bottom because of the outright mismanangement and poor decisons of the babyboomers. The public debt is the number one issue for me and it's not going to get addressed by either of these factions.

Oh, it will absolutely get addressed soon. The far wings of the parties may not like the result, but it will be addressed. And the trouble is the far wings of both parties, they both want it all their own way, no compromise. The Centrists of both parties get overwhelmed by the wingers.

We'll see some movement on both sides of the aisle. I'm hopeful anyway.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 02:06 PM
It's logical, and best of all, you admit it's a guess.

My advice to Rev would be to sit in on a high school math class, and with the money he saves from taking a college stats class, he can buy himself a clue, or some more of that stuff he's smoking.

Basically, he's saying this:

Given - Obama is black
Therefore - 20% of black people voted for Obama only because he's black.

Look, I can do it too!

Given - There was a hurricane 4 days before the election
Therefore - 20% of black people only voted for Obama because there was a hurricane 4 days before the election.

My guess what happened is this. We all know and have seen over the past two cycles that Obama has basically run the best ground game in presidential campaign history. He reached out to many voting blocs, including blacks, but also including young people, latinos and women, who traditionally have had lower participation for various reasons, one of them being that they didn't feel they were represented in government.

I don't know about you guys, but I know several people...several white people, in fact, who said the same...I've never voted before, but it seems to me like Obama has more of my interests in mind, not just more than the "other guy", but more than anyone else has ever had who's run for president.

To simply look at one stat, and come up with a silly conclusion like that, really makes one look stupid. And I mean stupid, not in the "you're a stupid-head" way, I mean in the "you literally lack intelligence" way.

This is yet another example of you creating false conclusions and supporting them with absolutely nothing.

Celebrate if your guy won.

Celebrating how he won is he disgusting me and I hope you're all ashamed of yourselves.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM
ITT: Agenda-influenced liberals justify racism because it put their candidate in the white house.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Clinton - who like you said was enormously popular with blacks - received 82% of the black vote. A large number indeed, but not even CLOSE to the 93% by Barack... oh and that's not even mentioning the massive disparity in the approval ratings between Clinton and Obama.

Literally EVERY historical and statistical indicator is a glaring neon sign of how ****ed up this was... yet these guys are defending it like nothing I've ever seen before.

TonyR
11-08-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't necessarily subscribe to the racism argument either way. But you guys going full retard the other direction doesn't make it any better. Republicans usually consider themselves lucky (nationally) to get more than 10 or 12 points among blacks. I'm sure Obama's race drew out some more black people that didn't previously vote, but overall this isn't really that big of a thing.

The bolded parts are pretty much what I've been saying. Blacks generally vote Dem anyway, and this really isn't that big of a deal.

razorwire77
11-08-2012, 02:21 PM
People that are making the Blacks voted for Obama solely because of race argument let me ask you a hypothetical question. . . one that I'm convinced the right power structure is already contemplating. Let's say in 2016 the right nominates Condie Rice for President and Rubio for Veep. The Dems nominate Hillary. Do you really think 90 + percent of African American voters would break for Condie? I'd be willing to bet a steak dinner that she'd pull less than 20 percent of the Black vote against Hillary.

But I guarantee you in 2016 that the Republicans are going to nominate a minority candidate either for POTUS or Veep . Rubio, Condie, etc. Honestly, I'm surprised the Bush clan hasn't started grooming George P. Bush yet.
He's intelligent (much more George H. than George W.) his mother is a naturalized citizen from Mexico (he gives interviews on Univision in Spanish.) He's an attorney and served in the Navy. It'll be interesting to see if he starts running for public office soon.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
The bolded parts are pretty much what I've been saying. Blacks generally vote Dem anyway, and this really isn't that big of a deal.

Ha!

You would be flipping your **** worse than just about anyone if the shoe were on the other foot.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
People that are making the Blacks voted for Obama solely because of race argument let me ask you a hypothetical question. . . one that I'm convinced the right power structure is already contemplating. Let's say in 2016 the right nominates Condie Rice for President and Rubio for Veep. The Dems nominate Hillary. Do you really think 90 + percent of African American voters would break for Condie? I'd be willing to bet a steak dinner that she'd pull less than 20 percent of the Black vote against Hillary.

But I guarantee you in 2016 that the Republicans are going to nominate a minority candidate either for POTUS or Veep . Rubio, Condie, etc. Honestly, I'm surprised the Bush clan hasn't started grooming George P. Bush yet.
He's intelligent (much more George H. than George W.) his mother is a naturalized citizen from Mexico (he gives interviews on Univision in Spanish.) He's an attorney and served in the Navy. It'll be interesting to see if he starts running for public office soon.

A week ago, I would've agreed with you.

Today? I'll take a mortgage on that bet.

razorwire77
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
A week ago, I would've agreed with you.

Today? I'll take a mortgage on that bet.

Ha!

To be settled in 2016!

Irish Stout
11-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Clinton - who like you said was enormously popular with blacks - received 82% of the black vote. A large number indeed, but not even CLOSE to the 93% by Barack... oh and that's not even mentioning the massive disparity in the approval ratings between Clinton and Obama.

Literally EVERY historical and statistical indicator is a glaring neon sign of how ****ed up this was... yet these guys are defending it like nothing I've ever seen before.

Clinton got 82% first run, 84% second run, and Gore got 90% in 2000. So from Gore to Obama its not that big of a difference.

In 88 Dukakis got 90% black vote.

In 96 Perot got 8.6% of the black vote.

Food for thought.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Ha!

To be settled in 2016!

Ha!

Your own example actually plays into my big long-term concern regarding parties nominating the best minority candidate to win what's now clearly defined as a "racial loyalty vote" as opposed to the best candidate.

TonyR
11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Gore got 90% in 2000. So from Gore to Obama its not that big of a difference.

In 88 Dukakis got 90% black vote.

Well, Rev, your whole argument is now in smoldering ruins.

TheReverend
11-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Well, Rev, your whole argument is now in smoldering ruins.

Hardly. Now you're just completely hiding from voter turnout just to continue supporting your racial agenda. (PS. 90% isn't correct either, just as an FYI)

Congrats.

Rohirrim
11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Speaking of influence, I think the "Fiscal Cliff" is going to get solved quickly. Why? Because Wall Street and the banksters are pissed off and are going to pressure both sides to get it done. They just gave Romney and the Republicans millions of dollars and didn't get squat on the investment. They're not going to take any **** from the GOP and will probably start hinting that all their money goes to the Dems in the midterms if the deal doesn't get done.

The next thing to happen will be immigration reform. Why? Because the GOP can see the writing on the wall. They just got their asses kicked in this election. They are going to be looking forward to the midterms in two years and realize they could get their asses kicked again if they don't do comprehensive immigration reform. In other words, they've got to turn around how they are perceived by Latinos. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see some Republican jump out ahead on the legislation and try to make it a GOP associated agenda item.

As far as "Obamacare" goes, I don't think we're going hear about it again.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Speaking of influence, I think the "Fiscal Cliff" is going to get solved quickly. Why? Because Wall Street and the banksters are pissed off and are going to pressure both sides to get it done. They just gave Romney and the Republicans millions of dollars and didn't get squat on the investment. They're not going to take any **** from the GOP and will probably start hinting that all their money goes to the Dems in the midterms if the deal doesn't get done.

The next thing to happen will be immigration reform. Why? Because the GOP can see the writing on the wall. They just got their asses kicked in this election. They are going to be looking forward to the midterms in two years and realize they could get their asses kicked again if they don't do comprehensive immigration reform. In other words, they've got to turn around how they are perceived by Latinos. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see some Republican jump out ahead on the legislation and try to make it a GOP associated agenda item.

So on immigration reform, what exactly needs to be reformed?

houghtam
11-08-2012, 03:08 PM

And before the "he only won by two points" crowd chimes in, it was, in nearly every sense of the phrase, an ass-kicking. There were far more elections out there than the presidency. The first Asian American congresswoman, the first openly gay senator, 20 women senators, openly gay state congress members in states like North Dakota and West Virginia, two states voting for gay marriage, two more states voting against gay marriage bans, marijuana laws passing, the judge in Iowa who overturned a gay marriage ban being re-elected...the list goes on, and on, and on.

The electorate is changing, and the minorities (who will in the near future no longer be numerical minorities) have spoken. The right needs to get in line, or we're going to see a two-party system of mainly democtrats vs. libertarians or constitutionists, and sooner rather than later.

Rohirrim
11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
So on immigration reform, what exactly needs to be reformed?

Basically, we just need to actually use what already got passed in the 80s as the Simpson/Mazzoli bill (which was never really implemented) and maybe put some Dream Act provisions in there as well.

razorwire77
11-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Ha!

Your own example actually plays into my big long-term concern regarding parties nominating the best minority candidate to win what's now clearly defined as a "racial loyalty vote" as opposed to the best candidate.

I agree that they'll try, but I think a potential exploding cigar for the Republicans. For example, if the Republicans think that Mexican-American voters in the Southwest and California will vote en mass for a Cuban-American Conservative like Rubio, based on the fact that he speaks Spanish and has brown skin, they are sadly mistaken. Puerto-Ricans , Mexicans, Cubans, Chicanos represent vastly different demographics.

I think Blacks broke for the Democrats because over the past several generations Blacks almost always break for the Dems in national elections. Of course, Obama helped with the enthusiasm factor among Black voters, but the same was true with JFK among Catholics and I'm sure for many Mormons with Mitty.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Basically, we just need to actually use what already got passed in the 80s as the Simpson/Mazzoli bill (which was never really implemented) and maybe put some Dream Act provisions in there as well.

I disagreed with the Dream Act almost completely and the 86 bill (LOL) was about amnesty and employer related controls. Citizenship should be earned here. I actually think the current wait period is too short to become a citizen here. I do agree with seasonal visa's for work though. I see no problem with that.

razorwire77
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I disagreed with the Dream Act almost completely and the 86 bill (LOL) was about amnesty and employer related controls. Citizenship should be earned here. I actually think the current wait period is too short to become a citizen here. I do agree with seasonal visa's for work though. I see no problem with that.

So realistically speaking what do you do with the people that are already here? What do you do with anchor children (American citizens) if you deport their parents? Who is going to take care of them? Who is going to pay to take care of them?

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2012, 03:29 PM
So realistically speaking what do you do with the people that are already here? What do you do with anchor children (American citizens) if you deport their parents? Who is going to take care of them? Who is going to pay to take care of them?

I would argue that since the parents aren't citizens then their children aren't citizens. However that's not the perception nor the rule. I would be okay with the children staying here and floating that bill as a taxpayer and the parents sent back, but that would be behaviorally damaging to the child so I would deport the child with them if I had my way. It's fair to everyone that way.

Rohirrim
11-08-2012, 03:29 PM

I still think one of the best ideas was having a government site where an employer can take a prospective employees SSN and check it online. It simply would let them know if that number is valid, and/or if it is duplicated without divulging any other personal info. That alone would take care of many issues. That was one of the ideas in Simpson/Mazzoli that never got implemented.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I still think one of the best ideas was having a government site where an employer can take a prospective employees SSN and check it online. It simply would let them know if that number is valid, and/or if it is duplicated without divulging any other personal info. That alone would take care of many issues. That was one of the ideas in Simpson/Mazzoli that never got implemented.

Right. The hotline that was supposed to be setup that never was. I was under the impression that this has since been fixed.

Blart
11-08-2012, 03:42 PM
ITT: Agenda-influenced liberals justify racism because it put their candidate in the white house.

A Harvard study found that Obama's race cost him 3 - 5% of the total vote in 2008, effectively giving McCain (and likely Romney) a home-state advantage throughout the entire country.

You can view the study and its methodology here,
http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~sstephen/papers/RacialAnimusAndVotingSethStephensDavidowitz.pdf

This is still America, and it's still a benefit to be white.

I think you should do some self-reflection, and perhaps read this article:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/09/fear-of-a-black-president/309064/

broncocalijohn
11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
There would still be NO provable correlation. It's still an ignorant assumption based on two numbers that may or may not have anythig to do with one another. Interesting how you conveniently left out my post further down about the effect to ground campaign had on Boston's blocs traditionally unmotivated to vote.

I'd like to see the numbers for Clinton too, because there's no telling how much effect Hurricane Lili had on the black vote. Hilarious!

Dude,
you have someone else on your radar because I jumped into this with the simple question as I noticed people getting on Rev for a statement he made. I did not go back the many pages to figure out what triggered it and why. I had no posts directed towards me nor did I ask a question or refute anyone else's post.
BUT, if 11 to 13% more Blacks voted because of Obama, please don't tell me it wasn't an issue of the color of his skin! They saw one of their own and either registered to vote or finally voted in a long time. With 11 to 13% more (13% of the population) and those that vote are over 90% for him, that is a pretty nice added number in close states where every vote matters.
For the most part, whites don't give a **** with the color of the skin. They look at the message first. Yes, there are some that won't vote on a candidate based on color or religion.

3 million Republicans stayed home and didn't vote. They didn't like Romney's message (or religion).

Blart
11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Dude,
you have someone else on your radar because I jumped into this with the simple question as I noticed people getting on Rev for a statement he made. I did not go back the many pages to figure out what triggered it and why. I had no posts directed towards me nor did I ask a question or refute anyone else's post.
BUT, if 11 to 13% more Blacks voted because of Obama, please don't tell me it wasn't an issue of the color of his skin! They saw one of their own and either registered to vote or finally voted in a long time. With 11 to 13% more (13% of the population) and those that vote are over 90% for him, that is a pretty nice added number in close states where every vote matters.
For the most part, whites don't give a **** with the color of the skin. They look at the message first. Yes, there are some that won't vote on a candidate based on color or religion.

3 million Republicans stayed home and didn't vote. They didn't like Romney's message (or religion).

Racism against blacks more than cancels out any pro-black vote. Do da math (http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~sstephen/papers/RacialAnimusAndVotingSethStephensDavidowitz.pdf).

broncocalijohn
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM

A compromise could be to continue to work but legally but cannot have a violent record and no way of getting citizenship. This might satisfy the Republicans who know that this wouldn't become some huge voting block for the Democrats. Many of the Mexicans or Latinos don't care about being an American. They just want to work and then take the money and run back home.
Amazing to me that legal Hispanics don't see the illegals as a blockage to them getting jobs or higher wages. Yet, they support the illegal aliens getting work, driving, etc.

broncocalijohn
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Racism against blacks more than cancels out any pro-black vote. Do da math (http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~sstephen/papers/RacialAnimusAndVotingSethStephensDavidowitz.pdf).

So a white guy that normally votes for a Democrat actually didn't vote for Obama because of his skin? Sure! Someone here (that would be you!) said it was a negative of 3 to 5% against Obama. The 11 to 13% increase of voting just for blacks would say you are full of it. I bet more % of Democrat Hispanics didn't vote for Obama then white democrats.

Blart
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM
So a white guy that normally votes for a Democrat actually didn't vote for Obama because of his skin? Sure! Someone here (that would be you!) said it was a negative of 3 to 5% against Obama. The 11 to 13% increase of voting just for blacks would say you are full of it. I bet more % of Democrat Hispanics didn't vote for Obama then white democrats.

Read the study, he adjusts for the increase in minority votes.

A good summary from "Fear of a Black Presdient"

Stephens-­Davidowitz ranked areas of the country according to how often people there typed racist search terms into Google. (The areas with the highest rates of racially charged search terms were West Virginia, western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, upstate New York, and southern Mississippi.) Then he compared Obama’s voting results in those areas with John Kerry’s four years earlier. So, for instance, in 2004 Kerry received 50 percent of the vote in the media markets of both Denver and Wheeling (which straddles the Ohio–West Virginia border). Based on the Democratic groundswell in 2008, Obama should have received about 57 percent of the popular vote in both regions. But that’s not what happened. In the Denver area, which had one of the nation’s lowest rates of racially charged Google searching, Obama received the predicted 57 percent. But in Wheeling, which had a high rate of racially charged Google searching, Obama’s share of the popular vote was only 48 percent. Of course, Obama also picked up some votes because he is black. But, aggregating his findings nationally, Stephens-Davidowitz has concluded that Obama lost between 3 and 5 percentage points of the popular vote to racism.

Also - congrats to Denver for being one of the least racist cities!

Cito Pelon
11-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Rev: 93% of 100% is better than 72%, because only 13% of 100% is not equal to 68% of 72% of 100% total.
TonyR: You fail to recognize the total demographics in this country.
Rev: Congrats. You agree with me, because I will not lose this argument, and I'
m outta here.
Rev: I'm back.
Beavis: You'll see, DISASTER. The dollar devaluation and inflation is a perfect storm.
Drunken.Bronc: Greece! The USA is like Greece! Going down a fiscal drain!
sirhcyenny: We're done now. It's over.
Meck77: All my friends are losing money! I'm doing great, but what about them!
Kaylore: I really wanted Romney to win, 'cause then we'd have bi-partisanship, but now Obama won I really worry about it.
TonyR: WTF? If the economy was so bad, why did Obama get a second term.
LABF: Duh.
Cito: I don't know WTF is going on, but I'm doing just fine.
houghtam: Just look at the results.
SoCal: These far right wingers are f'ing things up.
Jetmeck: In your face!
Hamrob: I'm with Rush.
ghwk: I'm with houghtam.
pricejj: I'm with Reagan.
Cito: If anybody has a problem with this, go to Citodontcare.com and vote. Sorry if I left off any of you multitudes with attitudes, but I couldn't go on forever.

razorwire77
11-08-2012, 04:40 PM
A compromise could be to continue to work but legally but cannot have a violent record and no way of getting citizenship. This might satisfy the Republicans who know that this wouldn't become some huge voting block for the Democrats. Many of the Mexicans or Latinos don't care about being an American. They just want to work and then take the money and run back home.
Amazing to me that legal Hispanics don't see the illegals as a blockage to them getting jobs or higher wages. Yet, they support the illegal aliens getting work, driving, etc.

I think a realistic compromise could be found along those lines. The kids who are American citizens and do not know any other way of life are able to stay. It would help bring the parents out of the shadows and into the tax base. You allow them to have a non-citizen Driver's license. You have them file Federal income taxes. Any felony conviction results in deportation.

At some point though you have to streamline the immigration process and create a realistic path to citizenship. I teach students at an alternative high school. Many of these students (75 percent) are 1st generation Mexican immigrants. I disagree with quite a few coworkers because I am 100 percent an advocate of a basic English Fluency test as a requirement for citizenship. It has nothing to do with the "them there Mexicans need to speak English" mindset, but rather to help these kids have a realistic chance at higher education. Also, special ELL and ESL classes are a huge financial burden to an already taxed school system. If these kids' parents were bilingual, it would alleviate the need for school districts to have two, three, four, five ELL teachers and allow these kids to attend elementary school without being significantly behind.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
RobMe concedes Florida.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 at 12:31 PM PST

That's 29 electoral votes for a 332-206 victory.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/08/1159057/-Romney-concedes-Florida

BroncoBeavis
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Beavis: You'll see, DISASTER. The dollar devaluation and inflation is a perfect storm.

I didn't say disaster was definitely going to happen. I'm just pointing out that our currency being a world currency makes inflating out of this much debt much less workable than some people like to think. Greece is handcuffed somewhat by the EU. We're handcuffed in a different way by being the world's reserve currency.

In either case, separation is possible. But neither would be a pleasant experience.

But if leadership can get together and stop the hemorrhaging fairly soon, we won't necessarily have to go there.

TonyR
11-08-2012, 06:09 PM
A Harvard study found that Obama's race cost him 3 - 5% of the total vote in 2008, effectively giving McCain (and likely Romney) a home-state advantage throughout the entire country.

Pretty much the same conclusion as the study I posted earlier in this thread. Maybe Rev will like this one?

TonyR
11-08-2012, 06:13 PM

So, whites don't care about color, but blacks do? Realize that there are at least four times as many white voters as black voters. So if only 25% of them care about color that would cancel out the black vote even in 100% of them voted based on color.

houghtam
11-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Pretty much the same conclusion as the study I posted earlier in this thread. Maybe Rev will like this one?

Not likely. It has numbers that don't fit his preconceived world view.

Aaaaand neg rep about how he's an "independent" (threatening to turn conservative just to spite me, like a little child) and touting his BS in Math (Bob Jones U.?) in 5...4...3...

cutthemdown
11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Not sure about race but the stock market dropping like a rock right now. People sure are excited about Obama.

TonyR
11-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Not sure about race but the stock market dropping like a rock right now. People sure are excited about Obama.

I wonder how many times you've mentioned the fact that it's almost doubled since he took office? But this drop you're all over.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I wonder how many times you've mentioned the fact that it's almost doubled since he took office? But this drop you're all over.

The voters didn't buy the bullsh*t cutthemdown is selling - wonder why he thinks he'll have better luck here on this forum?

BowlenBall
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Dude,

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21166932.jpg

88% of Romney Voters Were White (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/scocca/2012/11/mitt_romney_white_voters_the_gop_candidate_s_race_ based_monochromatic_campaign.html)

BroncoBeavis
11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21166932.jpg

88% of Romney Voters Were White (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/scocca/2012/11/mitt_romney_white_voters_the_gop_candidate_s_race_ based_monochromatic_campaign.html)

This is a pretty bad logical flaw. If the theory is no colored guys will vote for the white guy pointing out that only white guys vote for the white guy just further supports that theory. There's no alternative.

theAPAOps5
11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I wonder if crash has woken up from his drunken stupor yet.

BroncoBeavis
11-08-2012, 08:47 PM

8k to 12.8k is "almost double“

Must be the New Math.

NUB
11-08-2012, 08:57 PM
The DOW was still in free fall when Obama first took office. It bottomed out in the 6000s.

Bacchus
11-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I agree that they'll try, but I think a potential exploding cigar for the Republicans. For example, if the Republicans think that Mexican-American voters in the Southwest and California will vote en mass for a Cuban-American Conservative like Rubio, based on the fact that he speaks Spanish and has brown skin, they are sadly mistaken. Puerto-Ricans , Mexicans, Cubans, Chicanos represent vastly different demographics.

I think Blacks broke for the Democrats because over the past several generations Blacks almost always break for the Dems in national elections. Of course, Obama helped with the enthusiasm factor among Black voters, but the same was true with JFK among Catholics and I'm sure for many Mormons with Mitty.

Go on to a message board below one of these news articles on Yahoo, CNN anywhere and read all the horribly racist comments. Why would any black person want to be associated with those republicans? One of the words Republicans love to use to get around the filter is ni66ers.

Yahoo message boards are Tea party Central. If I was black I would be horribly offended and pi66ed off. As long as the Republicans remain the way they are blacks will go 80% and above for the Democrats.

peacepipe
11-08-2012, 10:38 PM

only a 2% increase from 2004.

Bronco Yoda
11-08-2012, 11:03 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pBK2rfZt32g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pBK2rfZt32g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. Yeah, he seems so disingenuous.

And he did it all without a teleprompter. ASTONISHING. A politician speaking from the heart.

houghtam
11-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Wrong. I have no pre-existing bias. You do. You're extremely vocal about your values in the WRP forum that have a tendency to follow liberal party lines pretty closely.

I do not. I'm NOT conservative nor liberal. I'm conservative in economic and foreign policy while being extremely liberal in social issues. I supported Romney because I don't feel Barack came through on the social reform he promised 4 years ago.

I think my liberalism in social issues is precisely WHY I'm so stunned and disgusted right now.

Social issues like...the death penalty?

I do (believe the judicial system has the right to take life). There are evil people in this world that deserve far worse than prison, and frankly, far worse than death.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3564661&postcount=4

Respect for women?

Soooooooooooooooooo...

Am I really the only one that gets the irony in getting offended over the term equating feminine with weak?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3565152&postcount=100

Gay rights?

I'm admittedly homo-phobic to an extent, but people have the right to live their own lives...I wrote one of the guys I was in the Marines with a year back and found out he's gay. Turns out the entire time he was in, he was in denial, a raging alcoholic and almost committed suicide on a daily basis because that's just who he was, and his learned social experiences with it, and I'm probably largely to blame for this, was that it's wrong and unacceptable.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2426777&postcount=115

Yep...a pro-death penalty, demeaning to women, self-admitted homophobe, but who thinks people have the right to live their own lives. You're the very definition of an "extreme social liberal."

And don't worry, I won't return all that neg rep you're giving me. I may even send you some positive rep again, because you're such a bleeding heart and a nice guy, championing the cause of social liberalism with every post.

:wave:

Blart
11-09-2012, 02:00 AM

I voted for that guy because he's black.

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2012, 06:22 AM
Didn't a death penalty ban referendum just crash and burn in California? Yeah, must only be Hard Core Right Wing social cons that support the death penalty

gunns
11-09-2012, 07:29 AM

I voted for him because he's cute.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-09-2012, 07:35 AM
I wonder if crash has woken up from his drunken stupor yet.

He's prolly not drunk anymore.

"Stupor" is going to take more time.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-09-2012, 07:35 AM

Isn't he the Messiah? That's why I voted for him.

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Go on to a message board below one of these news articles on Yahoo, CNN anywhere and read all the horribly racist comments. Why would any black person want to be associated with those republicans? One of the words Republicans love to use to get around the filter is ni66ers.

Yahoo message boards are Tea party Central. If I was black I would be horribly offended and pi66ed off. As long as the Republicans remain the way they are blacks will go 80% and above for the Democrats.

I always find the best way to form an impression of a group of tens of millions of people is to look at anonymous comments at the bottom of some random article on the web. Then I find the most offensive comments and project that across every person I like to think might've voted for the same guy for President.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-09-2012, 09:29 AM
http://www.bartcop.com/fox-awkward_n.jpg

Bronco Yoda
11-09-2012, 09:57 AM
I voted for him because he's a gay socialist muslim born in kenya that is going to sell us to China for a bag of weed & a signed copy of “Innocence of Muslims,”.

TonyR
11-09-2012, 10:00 AM
I am hearing a great deal of talk about "appealing to Hispanics" and "appealing to women." But I am not hearing much about endorsing actual policies. What happened [Tuesday] night is not a matter of cosmetics. This is not false consciousness. This a real response to real policies. Mitt Romney actually endorsed Arizona's immigration policies. You can't fix this by flashing more pictures of brown people. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/11/the-latino-vote-wide-awake-cranky-taking-names/264943/

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
^

It's a "Catch 22," I tell ya - if the rethugs move toward policies that appeal to minorities, women, young people, et al, then they lose the Jim Crow vote (their bread and butter.)

:D

Bronco Yoda
11-09-2012, 10:08 AM
They are still counting votes in Florida. What is wrong with them down there.

Heads should roll.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-09-2012, 10:12 AM
^

They're a special breed of crazy...

Florida Gov. refuses to enact 'Obamacare' (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/florida-gov-rick-scott-still-won-t-implement-153204322--election.html)

BroncoBeavis
11-09-2012, 01:25 PM
^

They're a special breed of crazy...

Florida Gov. refuses to enact 'Obamacare' (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/florida-gov-rick-scott-still-won-t-implement-153204322--election.html)

I think 12 or so states have now either passed laws or Constitutional Amendments prohibiting their governments from working to enact the law. At least as far as the mandate goes. So it's not just Florida.

And the Supreme Court decision on the topic wasn't real friendly to the idea that the feds can force any States into doing their dirty work.

Requiem
02-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Great early morning read.

Rohirrim
02-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Every election is the same; The banksters win.