PDA

View Full Version : Sapp made $82,000,000 in NFL career

Bacchus
11-06-2012, 06:38 AM
Had $826.04 in bank account. Here is his pathetic story. http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-02/warren-sapp-broke-fired-nfl-network-bankrupt-athletes-list

I want to feel sorry for anyone who has his Bentley repossessed, but it’s hard. So many simply refuse to learn from others’ mistakes. Or in Sapp’s case, bankruptcy is a form of karma you don’t want to trifle with.
He was a great football player, but one unpleasant human being. There are plenty of those, but most are at least one-faced in their jerkiness.
Sapp’s special brilliance is his ability to be funny, loquacious and likable when the TV camera is on. The second it goes off, he reverts into being the surliest man on earth.
That’s what drew me to Thursday’s auction at the Orlando Airport Marriott. I figured if every bidder accidentally showed up at the Hilton, I could offer $12,000 and win by default.

Sapp had two kids with his ex-wife, Jamiko. He had four other children with four different women.

List of athletes that have gone bankrupt.
http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2012-10-26/athletes-who-went-bankrupt/

baja
11-06-2012, 06:50 AM
thats sobering

TheChamp24
11-06-2012, 06:53 AM
I....I just don't understand how these million dollar athletes don't hire someone to manage their money.
I have no sympathy for athletes struggling to pay bills, or child support or alimony.
Wrap it before you tap it.

Beantown Bronco
11-06-2012, 06:56 AM
And he probably still hasn't learned his lesson because, according to the article:

Sapp defended living like “a king.” His Excellency is in better shape than most broke ex-jocks. Court records show he’s making $115,000 a month off TV. His annuity and NFL pension are protected from bankruptcy claims.

TheReverend
11-06-2012, 06:57 AM
"Sapp had two kids with his ex-wife, JAMIKO"

Beantown Bronco
11-06-2012, 07:01 AM
I....I just don't understand how these million dollar athletes don't hire someone to manage their money.

Stupid part is, when they do, they hire either idiots or thieves who steal from them. They can't even make that decision right.

Two ways to absolutely guarantee you never go bankrupt if you're a rich athlete.

1. Put half your after tax money in the most conservative investments in the world. You'll easily be able to live off the interest alone with even just a few mil to start with.

2. Get a vasectomy immediately. Get it undone when you are done playing football and no longer have that same gold digger bullseye on your back.

You're welcome.

bronco militia
11-06-2012, 07:08 AM

LOL

com on man! who doesn't want to marry their favorite stripper

baja
11-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Stupid part is, when they do, they hire either idiots or thieves who steal from them. They can't even make that decision right.

Two ways to absolutely guarantee you never go bankrupt if you're a rich athlete.

1. Put half your after tax money in the most conservative investments in the world. You'll easily be able to live off the interest alone with even just a few mil to start with.

2. Get a vasectomy immediately. Get it undone when you are done playing football and no longer have that same gold digger bullseye on your back.

You're welcome.

LOL You should email that to every FO in the league

I would add;

3. void your driver's license an hire a full time driver.

TD4HOF
11-06-2012, 07:17 AM
4. Be respectful of everyone.

bowtown
11-06-2012, 07:17 AM

He was often heard shouting at her "Jamiko me Crazy!"

Garcia Bronco
11-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Lol...he'll be fine in our saftey net society, but in another time, he ould have never been in the NFL to beg

TheReverend
11-06-2012, 07:21 AM
LOL

com on man! who doesn't want to marry their favorite stripper

He was often heard shouting at her "Jamiko me Crazy!"

LOL

Excellent work, both of you.

Really though... if her own parents didn't respect her enough to give her a name, why would you respect her enough to not bust exclusively on her face?

bronco militia
11-06-2012, 07:22 AM
LOL

Really though... if her own parents didn't respect her enough to give her a name, why would you respect her enough to not bust exclusively on her face?

Ha!Ha!Ha!

good point

Meck77
11-06-2012, 07:34 AM

Or buy this $10.00 book. Good read for anyone.

http://www.amazon.com/Millionaire-Mind-Thomas-J-Stanley/dp/0740718584

TheChamp24
11-06-2012, 07:35 AM

You're welcome.

Seriously though, these women are brilliant if you think about it. Get it on with a famous, rich athlete, get pregnant, and make bank on child support. Never have to work a day other than being the mother to the child, who him/herself will grow up to be famous for being the offspring of said athlete.

baja
11-06-2012, 08:01 AM

Good recommendation Meck Thanks.

It is also available on Kindle and on Audable.com

baja
11-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Seriously though, these women are brilliant if you think about it. Get it on with a famous, rich athlete, get pregnant, and make bank on child support. Never have to work a day other than being the mother to the child, who him/herself will grow up to be famous for being the offspring of said athlete.

and maybe turn out to be a great athlete as well.

Lestat
11-06-2012, 08:45 AM

You're welcome.

bump that. wear a damn condom and make that gold digger swallow.
it has never been proven that a chick can get pregnant from a protein shake.

to much risk to be knocking boots with some random skank and then you have to live with it for the rest of your life.

broncocalijohn
11-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Also the owrd to the wise is never deposit that condom in the trash can at her house. Wrap it up and flush it. At your house, have a bottle of the hottest hot sauce in the world and leave it in your bathroom cabinet. Drop a few drops in that disposed condom and leave it freely in the trash. If that chick tries to use it to get pregnant, you will immediately know as she runs out of the bathroom nekked and screaming in pain as she probably blisters up.

razorwire77
11-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Honestly, I completely get how a 5th round draft pick that bounces around from team to team for 4 or 5 years goes broke. I get how agents, lawyers, uncles, homies and other leaches bleed these guys. I can even feel some sympathy in some of these cases.

But in Warren Sapp's case? **** that guy.

Crushaholic
11-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Doesn't he draw a salary, from his TV duties? I could see it, if he wasn't working...:ouwknow:

Beantown Bronco
11-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Doesn't he draw a salary, from his TV duties? I could see it, if he wasn't working...:ouwknow:

From the article and my post #4 above:

Court records show hes making $115,000 a month off TV. His annuity and NFL pension are protected from bankruptcy claims.

orinjkrush
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Bain Capital should have bought him out and then released him.

orinjkrush
11-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Also the owrd to the wise is never deposit that condom in the trash can at her house. Wrap it up and flush it. At your house, have a bottle of the hottest hot sauce in the world and leave it in your bathroom cabinet. Drop a few drops in that disposed condom and leave it freely in the trash. If that chick tries to use it to get pregnant, you will immediately know as she runs out of the bathroom nekked and screaming in pain as she probably blisters up.

that works?

Los Broncos
11-06-2012, 04:04 PM

Or use Tabasco in the condom.

broncocalijohn
11-06-2012, 04:26 PM
that works?

How would it not? Plus, right when the pain of the hot sauce (or tabasco) hits that very sensitive area, no way it is going any further! You would instantly know that she is a golddigger and a caniving beatch,

loborugger
11-06-2012, 06:42 PM

Or....

How about having sex with women you love and with whom you would want to have kids?

TheReverend
11-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Or....

How about having sex with women you love and with whom you would want to have kids?

Well that's just gay as ****

SouthStndJunkie
11-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Or....

Is that you Tim Tebow?

errand
11-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Or....

Wow...what an amazing concept that these morons making millions of dollars never seem to grasp.

Kaylore
11-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I can understand the 20-somethings initially wasting their money on crap. What I can't understand is the entourage thing. I would have a nutritionist and let my agent handle my publicity. Unless I was an amazing player, I wouldn't need seven guys around me constantly. I would buy a decent house or nice loft for one person if I wasn't married, and decent house for my family if I was.

I would have a cab company on speed dial and I wouldn't date anyone I met in a club, especially one I was known to frequent. I would give as much of my money that I didn't need after bills, or half, which ever is higher, to an old, preferably Jewish, investor in low risk, steady stocks and options.

Honestly I would probably try and play video games instead of going out at all, especially late.

loborugger
11-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Is that you Tim Tebow?

Nah. But I will say this - I ain't hauling my kids to 5 different baby's mamas every weekend. :)

orinjkrush
11-07-2012, 07:10 PM
I can understand the 20-somethings initially wasting their money on crap. What I can't understand is the entourage thing. I would have a nutritionist and let my agent handle my publicity. Unless I was an amazing player, I wouldn't need seven guys around me constantly. I would buy a decent house or nice loft for one person if I wasn't married, and decent house for my family if I was.

I would have a cab company on speed dial and I wouldn't date anyone I met in a club, especially one I was known to frequent. I would give as much of my money that I didn't need after bills, or half, which ever is higher, to an old, preferably Jewish, investor in low risk, steady stocks and options.

Honestly I would probably try and play video games instead of going out at all, especially late.

i would modify this a bit. first, anyone who hangs with me would sign a non-disclosure statement, an indemnity waiver and would get drug/disease tested.

also, i would have a full time body guard/limo driver instead of owning any car.

third, i would have certain clubs where all drinks are on the house, all women on the house, and all cell phone/ cameras are verboten. make that a team house.

finally, i would have a real adult in charge of all my finances, with no repudiation capability, until i leave the NFL.

then I MIGHT have a chance.

Rock Chalk
11-07-2012, 07:17 PM
If college coaches had any balls the would require their blue chip athletes major in finance while in college or they couldnt play for them. College coaches always claim to be "making better men" but they aren't. Not even close. If they truly gave a **** they would make these kids who are NFL/NBA bound take financial planning courses while in college.

baja
11-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I would have them read the book Meck77 linked.

The Millionaire Mind

cutthemdown
11-07-2012, 08:31 PM
If college coaches had any balls the would require their blue chip athletes major in finance while in college or they couldnt play for them. College coaches always claim to be "making better men" but they aren't. Not even close. If they truly gave a **** they would make these kids who are NFL/NBA bound take financial planning courses while in college.

Most of those kids not smart enough for those classes. Finance degrees are pretty tough.

cutthemdown
11-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Also everyone saying coaches should do this, NFL should do that, blah blah blah...what happened to people just being personally responsible?

NUB
11-07-2012, 08:42 PM
A lot of these athletes also get taken advantage of by investors, brokers, agents, lawyers etc.

Going the Travis Henry-route is pretty popular too, though.

baja
11-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Also everyone saying coaches should do this, NFL should do that, blah blah blah...what happened to people just being personally responsible?

How about a compromise. Mandate league wide a portion of their guaranteed money be invested for them and let them do what they will with the rest. That way these frequent bankruptcy stories would go away. No way a kid coming from the background that many of these players do can manage all that money. They would have just as much fun on a lot less and have a fall back later in life.

Bacchus
11-07-2012, 10:14 PM

Finance is a pretty tough degree for guys that could barely get through high school. I mean you can require them to take basic balancing check book classes and managing money classes but if you are talking about a degree in finance that is way over the head of most athletes as itr is in most college students in general.

Bacchus
11-07-2012, 10:16 PM
How about a compromise. Mandate league wide a portion of their guaranteed money be invested for them and let them do what they will with the rest. That way these frequent bankruptcy stories would go away. No way a kid coming from the background that many of these players do can manage all that money. They would have just as much fun on a lot less and have a fall back later in life.

This would be the best thing but the Player's Union would want no part of it. If you could get them on board it would be great.

baja
11-07-2012, 10:58 PM
This would be the best thing but the Player's Union would want no part of it. If you could get them on board it would be great.

The players union should be the first in to sanction that plan.

baja
11-07-2012, 10:59 PM

The players union should be the first in line to sanction that plan, if they actually care about the player's welfare that is.

Bacchus
11-07-2012, 11:35 PM
The players union should be the first in line to sanction that plan, if they actually care about the player's welfare that is.

I agree, but they represent what the players want. AND the players will not want this.

lonestar
11-08-2012, 01:24 AM

good idea..

but won't work because most of these kids came from POOR places.. they have never had a check book in their lives for the most part would not know how to balance one monthly.. that said

I would also add I would think that team owners would invest in a development of Condos, Townhouses and Homes that would mainly cater to my players. While I realize the single Johns do not want always to be around families all that much having said families near could help them stay straight and kinda sober.. The family area could be just far enough from the condos (party ville) to make it, tolerable.If these homes were available to them at a very low cost I think it would take the onus off of them to find palaces to buy for their Mothers and themselves..

Of course rookies would be highly encouraged to stay there..

I would hope that the NFLPA would put together an investment company for the players such as fidelity (many others to choice from) and recommend slow growth, steady funds that maximize safety..

Prior to yesterdays election I would have said invest in municipal bonds, that usually do not have to pay taxes on. But I fear for the safety of them today..

But then drafting better players with higher testing scores, college team captains and leaders helps to mitigate the Sapp Factor..

lonestar
11-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Finance is a pretty tough degree for guys that could barely get through high school. I mean you can require them to take basic balancing check book classes and managing money classes but if you are talking about a degree in finance that is way over the head of most athletes as itr is in most college students in general.

Good post I did not read it before posting my ideas..

funny that we think alike..

Jetmeck
11-08-2012, 04:18 AM

It only took your smart ass till now to find someone your logic applies to: too many kids and and a house payment.

Knew if you kept saying it someday it would be true.

Have a great day, Mr. Grey Poupon

HILife
11-08-2012, 04:35 AM
LOL

I know I've seen this in a movie once, but can't remember the name of it.

bowtown
11-08-2012, 07:32 AM
I know I've seen this in a movie once, but can't remember the name of it.

The Da Vinci Load

Smiling Assassin27
11-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes, we may make a lot but we also SPEND a lot...

Sincerely,

Patrick Ewing

DENVERDUI55
11-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Or....

Because later in life you'll wish you banged every woman you had a chance too.

Tombstone RJ
11-08-2012, 10:08 AM

You're welcome.

keep the vasectomy on the down low... don't advertise that as the gorgeous gold digger may not be so willing to "play ball." ;)

Beantown Bronco
11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
keep the vasectomy on the down low... don't advertise that as the gorgeous gold digger may not be so willing to "play ball." ;)

Absolutely. That's what makes it even more fun when she tries to shake you down a few weeks later after someone else knocks her up and she tries to claim it's yours.

baja
11-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Absolutely. That's what makes it even more fun when she tries to shake you down a few weeks later after someone else knocks her up and she tries to claim it's yours.

That doesn't happen in today's world of DNA testing.

Beantown Bronco
11-08-2012, 10:38 AM
That doesn't happen in today's world of DNA testing.

You'd think so, but Maury Povich wouldn't have a tv show if these women didn't still try. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GDZ4fjZq-H4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja
11-08-2012, 10:44 AM
The problem is the test is not cheap. LOL people are insane.

rugbythug
11-08-2012, 11:35 AM

Not the case. Only those with no self worth gather esteem from sex. Rather I am embarrassed I did not wait.

Beantown Bronco
11-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Rather I am embarrassed I did not wait.

Let me guess. Some girl that saw Ghostbuster too young took advantage of you and stole your innocence.

ChampJesusBailey
11-08-2012, 12:28 PM
He deserves every bit of his problems. His comments a couple years ago about how he made Clifton the player he is today and got him millions of dollars in contracts just by hitting him the way he did.. dude is a piece of ****.

Bacchus
11-08-2012, 12:47 PM
He deserves every bit of his problems. His comments a couple years ago about how he made Clifton the player he is today and got him millions of dollars in contracts just by hitting him the way he did.. dude is a piece of ****.

He also went on TV and outed Jeremy Shockey as the person who reported the Saints on the Bounty Program and Shockey hasn't worked since. He called Shockey a "Snitch"

Punisher
11-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Give me 25% of that and i assure you i want **** it up lol

broncocalijohn
11-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Or....

Correct. But you have years to protect your fatherless status by banging hot women that don't get fat or too tired. You are jumping too far into the later years. Don't get married until 30. 26 is the bare minimum.

Mediator12
11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Almost every one of these programs that people have proposed is available through the NFL and NFLPA currently, however the players still make all the choices. I know several player development directors for the teams whose sole job is to help these guys make good choices and have resources including the cabs from bars program.

The problem lies in the fact that these guys hear about the programs, know they exist, and simply choose to ignore them. Usually, because they put their faith in their circle of influence outside of the NFL. Their agents, their hangers on friends or entourage, their family etc. Or in Sapps case, he just disregarded everything else and did whatever he damn well pleased. The sense of entitlement in these guys who make it big can be horribly devastating.

I just find it extraordinarily contemptable how they blow through money like its water. It was a major point of emphasis in the last labor negotiations and CBA agreement. The owners were fed up with paying out billions to players who lose it in 4 years and then want more from the pie after losing enough money to set up their extended families for generations. The numbers are simply staggering when you look at it.

loborugger
11-08-2012, 03:32 PM

In that case, go out and bang all the chicks you want. But going back to the OP, make sure you bring your tabasco sauce or be prepared to hide/destroy your condoms (may I suggest eating it???). Also be prepared to haul around 6 kids to 5 different women every weekend and pay out 80 grand every flippin' month in child support.

I didnt come at it from a morality stand point - I came at from a lazy man's stand point. I have three teenagers with one woman and that is busy enough. But hey, knock yourself out. You can admire those notches in the bed post in between writing checks to exes and lawyers.

DENVERDUI55
11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I didnt come at it from a morality stand point - I came at from a lazy man's stand point. I have three teenagers with one woman and that is busy enough. But hey, knock yourself out. You can admire those notches in the bed post in between writing checks to exes and lawyers.

Well I would think your bringing in morality since you brought up only sex with the woman you love instead of why not just use condoms? You may want to reread your original post since I'm not the only one to comment on it. Who says they didn't love all those women up to the point of orgasm? Ha!

Rohirrim
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
I would have them read the book Meck77 linked.

The Millionaire Mind

Yeah, but those guys get rich by selling books. ;D

You know, Napoleon Hill died broke.

cutthemdown
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM

No. Sorry but this is America we dont take money from grown men and say this company, organization can do it better then you. What the hell happened to the way Americans used to think? NO NO NO NO NO! it's the players responsibilty to grow up and be a man. You can't legislate, or mandate people to be responsible Baja. The fact they make more money then the poor black man that works at a factory doesn't mean IMO they should be treated differently. We already have govt madated money out of your check for retirement, its called social security maybe you heard of it?

cutthemdown
11-08-2012, 05:13 PM

If the union wanted to set up a program for players to invest in, that they willingly sign up for, then i have no problem with that.

But i would never support some rule where players have money taken out against their wishes. America, land of the free, even with Obama.

baja
11-08-2012, 06:18 PM
No. Sorry but this is America we dont take money from grown men and say this company, organization can do it better then you. What the hell happened to the way Americans used to think? NO NO NO NO NO! it's the players responsibilty to grow up and be a man. You can't legislate, or mandate people to be responsible Baja. The fact they make more money then the poor black man that works at a factory doesn't mean IMO they should be treated differently. We already have govt madated money out of your check for retirement, its called social security maybe you heard of it?

and how's that working out for them so far?

Age does not make the man, experience does.

baja
11-08-2012, 06:19 PM
If the union wanted to set up a program for players to invest in, that they willingly sign up for, then i have no problem with that.

But i would never support some rule where players have money taken out against their wishes. America, land of the free, even with Obama.

If it were part of every NFL contract it would be excepted at first and later appreciated.

Beantown Bronco
11-09-2012, 06:16 AM
I just find it extraordinarily contemptable how they blow through money like its water.

Hey, take it easy on them. They're just trying to do their part to kick start the economy. The more they spend, the better off we all are. I don't want them saving a dime.