PDA

View Full Version : At the half point your Denver Broncos are ranked...

baja
11-05-2012, 06:38 PM
3rd in Offense @ 399.5 YPG

10th in Defense @ 325.1 YPG

IT'S A GREAT SEASON TO BE A BRONCOS FAN.

Bronco Boy
11-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Adjust that for strength of schedule and we're even better.

extralife
11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
6th and 12th, respectively, in scoring

baja
11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
10th on defense includes us playing the #1, #5, #8, #11 ranked offenses.

TheChamp24
11-05-2012, 06:44 PM
BUT ALL I HEAR IS HOW AWFUL OUR DEFENSE IS?!?!?!?!

What is this sorcery?

Seriously, we are in good shape. A dynamic offense and elite pass rushers on defense.

baja
11-05-2012, 06:45 PM
3rd in offense includes us playing the #1, #3, #9 ranked defenses

baja
11-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Think how amazing this is;

RedskinBronco
11-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I like the build of this team. They have all the pieces in place to get hot at the right time and get it done. Let's just hope it's during the playoffs and not peaking over the next few weeks.

We all know with Manning at the helm, 21 points are almost guaranteed which is great to have.

baja
11-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Peyton is the #1 ranked QB @ 108.6

baja
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Willis McGahee is the #11 ranked RB with 620 yards

bpc
11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Wish we had more depth at WR, DT, HB, outside of that I like this team a lot.

baja
11-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Von Miller is tied for #2 in sacks with 9 (1.5 behind Watt @ #1 )

pricejj
11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Denver Broncos 2011:
Offensive Scoring - 25th (19.3/g)
Defensive Scoring - 24th (24.4/g)

Denver Broncos 2012 (through 8 games):
Offensive Scoring - 3rd (29.4/g)
Defensive Scoring -13th (21.9/g)

That is a +12.6/g swing in the Broncos favor. Thank you Peyton Manning.

baja
11-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Elvis Dumervill is #16 with 6 sacks

Mario Williams is #28 with 4.5 sacks (The guy many wanted to sign)

Suh is #43 with 3.5 sacks

baja
11-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Wesley woodyard is tied for #4 in tackles

orinjkrush
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
i just wish we could hold JdelR hostage or something so he wouldn't up and leave at the end of the season. McCoy...meh...

baja
11-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Matt Prather is tied for #1 in field goal % @ 100% 10 for 10

baja
11-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Matt Prather is #3 in TBs

baja
11-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Tridon Holiday is #1 in Kick return average

baja
11-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Demerylus Thomas is #4 in receiving yards

baja
11-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Eric Decker is #18 in receiving yards

SouthStndJunkie
11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
i just wish we could hold JdelR hostage or something so he wouldn't up and leave at the end of the season. McCoy...meh...

I don't think JDR is going anywhere after this season.

He'll have to prove himself again as a DC for 2 or 3 year before he gets another shot to be a head coach.

baja
11-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Britton Colquitt is #3 in net average for punts ( we feel they may not bring in someone to challenge)

baja
11-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Eric Decker @ #34 is the first (non kicker) Bronco to rank in scoring even though we are near the top in scoring (Manning spreading it around)

Al Wilson
11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Our defense is very underrated. I think they can end up being top 5 end of season. I just wish if we had a stud MLB and a safety like Dawkins next to Rahim Moore. That would be awesome !

Vegas_Bronco
11-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Did baja exceed the post limit for 1 thread? I take this seriously.

Heyneck
11-05-2012, 08:03 PM
We just have to stay healthy! Other than that,... the way our team is playing right now is pure gold. Just imagine if we had a legit MLB and Carter playing instead of Adams. I must admit I was scared to death about Beadles and Franklin once we signed PM... boy was I wrong. Those 2 are playing really solid if not great. I wish Kupe a quick and healthy recovery. Imagine having an elite RB to go with this offense... Fap, fap, fap!

baja
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Did baja exceed the post limit for 1 thread? I take this seriously.

Not yet....

errand
11-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Think how amazing this is;

While we should temper this with the fact we're only halfway thru the season, I'm curious if those who blasted Elway and Fox, the Manning acquisition, the trading of Tebow and the FA's we signed like Stokely, Dreesen, and Tamme, the McTwin WR's of Thomas and Decker,, and our drafting of Wolfe and Hillman and on and on...think about how stupid they sounded.

errand
11-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Von Miller is tied for #2 in sacks with 9 (1.5 behind Watt @ #1 )

And to think we had clowns on here claiming that Miller had no chance of being Defensive player of the year because Watt was so far ahead of him....

errand
11-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Denver Broncos 2011:
Offensive Scoring - 25th (19.3/g)
Defensive Scoring - 24th (24.4/g)

Denver Broncos 2012 (through 8 games):
Offensive Scoring - 3rd (29.4/g)
Defensive Scoring -13th (21.9/g)

That is a +12.6/g swing in the Broncos favor. Thank you Peyton Manning.

Thank you John Elway.....

baja
11-05-2012, 08:40 PM
And to think we had clowns on here claiming that Miller had no chance of being Defensive player of the year because Watt was so far ahead of him....

He just missed a fourth sack yesterday, one he normally would have made. That would have made him .5 behind Watt with an easy schedule remaining. Teams we should get get up on early releasing the dogs.

ZONA
11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Adjust that for strength of schedule and we're even better.

You beat me to it.

I'd say with that factored in, we should be like #2 offense and maybe #8 defense.

I mean, the Falcons haven't played anybody. They got us early and they were lucky to do so. We were just getting used to everybody playing together. We play them today and I think we win. I'm not ripping on them. You still have to win the game they give and they have done that. I respect them for that but let's just say I still have some doubts. They need a few tough road games and we'll see what they're made of.

errand
11-05-2012, 08:45 PM
He just missed a fourth sack yesterday, one he normally would have made. That would have made him .5 behind Watt with an easy schedule remaining. Teams we should get get up on early releasing the dogs.

I agree...that's why it is laughable that some on here were already crowning Watt as DPY and didn't even give Miller any consideration in some cases.

errand
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
You beat me to it.

I'd say with that factored in, we should be like #2 offense and maybe #8 defense.

I mean, the Falcons haven't played anybody. They got us early and they were lucky to do so. We were just getting used to everybody playing together. We play them today and I think we win. I'm not ripping on them. You still have to win the game they give and they have done that. I respect them for that but let's just say I still have some doubts. They need a few tough road games and we'll see what they're made of.

Falcons will need to exorcise some demons like Matt Ryan not having any post season success so far in his career before I'll take them very serious...having said that they're still the only undefeated team and deserve whatever accolades they're getting

Bacchus
11-05-2012, 09:30 PM

He'll have to prove himself again as a DC for 2 or 3 year before he gets another shot to be a head coach.

He'll probably end up going to the Chiefs.

Rohirrim
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Meanwhile, Peyton still thinks they haven't played a complete game. At some point, they are really going to get their groove on. I hope it's against the Chargers in a couple of weeks.

baja
11-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Meanwhile, Peyton still thinks they haven't played a complete game. At some point, they are really going to get their groove on. I hope it's against the Chargers in a couple of weeks.

I hope it continues like a crescendo right thought the playoffs peaking in the SB with a bullet.

Nwp-Apap
11-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I agree...that's why it is laughable that some on here were already crowning Watt as DPY and didn't even give Miller any consideration in some cases.

Agreed.. I think Von wins it when he leads the league in sacks with 20.

baja
11-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Considering the remaining schedule 20 is very possible

BroncoMan4ever
11-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I hope it continues like a crescendo right thought the playoffs peaking in the SB with a bullet.

Agreed. I would love to see week to week improvement and then total playoff domination by a finely tuned precise machine of a team.

BroncoMan4ever
11-05-2012, 09:55 PM
What's the team record for single game sack total? Is it the 4 Doom had a few years back against Cleveland?

Wes Mantooth
11-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Tridon Holiday is #1 in Kick return average

I just went #1. About the size of trindon I think too.

enjolras
11-05-2012, 10:11 PM

I wish I thought the same.

On the radio they had a guy who thought there were going to be as many as 8 openings this year (a quarter of the league). Someone is going to make a run at Del Rio.

There is a persistent rumor that Carolina is going to be hiring Xanders as a GM as well...which would likely mean McCoy would be gone as well.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 10:14 PM

What is this sorcery?

Seriously, we are in good shape. A dynamic offense and elite pass rushers on defense.

When we are good we are really good part of the time we are very bad. Not yet consistent. Hopefully this time next year those numbers will be even higher with more experience and better players.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Agreed.. I think Von wins it when he leads the league in sacks with 20.

Better check your IQ I think it just took a huge hit after that dumb statement.

Doggcow
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Britton Colquitt is #3 in net average for punts ( we feel they may not bring in someone to challenge)

You're saying he has the job locked up?

enjolras
11-05-2012, 10:20 PM

The worst part is that you're not even good at trolling....

lonestar
11-05-2012, 10:22 PM
The worst part is that you're not even good at trolling....

And I should care what you think?

Those who,live in glass houses should not throw stones.

enjolras
11-05-2012, 10:24 PM
And I should care what you think?

Those who,live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Love the irony.

By the way, excellent choice with that comma. You knocked it out of the park. Just killed it.

baja
11-05-2012, 10:25 PM
You're saying he has the job locked up?

I know it's outrageous but pretty much. ;D

baja
11-05-2012, 10:28 PM

Why? He has 9 and the midway point. Or is it you think he has no chance at DPOY

Nwp-Apap
11-05-2012, 10:39 PM

No

lonestar
11-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Why? He has 9 and the midway point. Or is it you think he has no chance at DPOY

Watt or the kid from CHI are shoe ins.. with the elite east coast media making teh choices..

they will hype them till hell freezes over.. we play no body remotely important in those market except BAL and I doubt that Miller will get many if ANY sacks against Flacko..

if you do not play the big teams and do great your an after thought on sporsts center..

we all know that the DEN media are not heavy hitters and frankly no one east of the Mississippi even knows where DEN is..

I used to work at the DEN Airport, during ski Saturdays the folks would be coming into DEN dressed in their ski Outfits asking where the lift lines were..

most folks do not have a clue.. on national broadcasts they show pictures of Buffalo roaming in the mountains and picture of skiers in season along with running mountain streams..

unless he is ahead of Watt by big numbers as well as batted down passes, and TFL he does not have a chance..

I have lived on the east coast and west coast and there is zero coverage in those papers and nightly news..

I love the guy and his passion, but IMO he does not have a chance.. EVEN IF his numbers are bigger than Watts are no doubt he will be poo-poohed because of a weaker schedule..

extralife
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
I like how everyone is pretending sacks are the only measure of a defensive player's worth. Watt's hype will get him DPOY, but he deserves all the hype. And, right now, the award that comes with it.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I like how everyone is pretending sacks are the only measure of a defensive player's worth. Watt's hype will get him DPOY, but he deserves all the hype. And, right now, the award that comes with it.

he is a hell of a player, and that is not taking anything away from Miller..

But they also play different spots.. had Miller been left on the LOS and not chasing TE's and dropping in coverage perhaps his numbers would equal Watts..

Action
11-05-2012, 11:30 PM
he is a hell of a player, and that is not taking anything away from Miller..

But they also play different spots.. had Miller been left on the LOS and not chasing TE's and dropping in coverage perhaps his numbers would equal Watts..

Watt has 10 pass deflections which is tied for 8th in the league.

There is no one in the top 50 that plays on the dline.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Watt has 10 pass deflections which is tied for 8th in the league.

There is no one in the top 50 that plays on the dline.

got a link?

I think we are in agreement that Watt is the better more well rounded player at this time..

enjolras
11-05-2012, 11:50 PM
got a link?

I think we are in agreement that Watt is the better more well rounded player at this time..

It shows up as passes defended:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/passesDefended

BroncoMan4ever
11-06-2012, 12:06 AM
got a link?

Really? Not to sound like a homer but statistically Von and Watt are very close. And Von is dropping into coverage this year and not just running at the QB. Watt is lined up and penetrates every play. His pass defenses aren't because he is playing coverage, it is because when he rushes and doesn't get to the QB he throws his hands up to obstruct passing lanes just like DL are taught. Watt got a lot of deserved hype for his early season output.

Von has 33 tackles
Watt has 38 tackles

Von has 9 sacks
Watt has 10.5 sacks

Von has 14 Tackles for loss
Watt has 15 Tackles for loss

31-35 is the combined record of teams Watt has faced
38-26 is the combined record of teams Von has faced

Watt has dominated crappier opponents. Von is getting it done at right near the same statistical rate but against much stronger opponents. Watt reaped benefits of playing a weaker schedule. Over the next 8 weeks Von gets to do the same.

extralife
11-06-2012, 12:10 AM
It should also be pointed out that number 2 in the DPOY race right now is Charles Tillman, not Von.

Jetmeck
11-06-2012, 12:13 AM

What is this sorcery?

Yada yada yada............Bengals suck ass and scored 17 unanswered points and yes I know we had turnovers but they moved the ball on us pretty good.

lonestar
11-06-2012, 02:11 AM
It should also be pointed out that number 2 in the DPOY race right now is Charles Tillman, not Von.

As I mentioned both teams are in or near major populations centers with loads more media and bothe being on top defense and winning teams certainly will have more sway than Miller in Podunk Colorado.

As much as I like the kid. Unless he goes nuts against good teams and frankly none on the schedule as we speak and the other guys Watts and Tillman go stale. He just does not have a chance.

KevinJames
11-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Our defense gets disrespected too much I think going down the line of talent on defense its better than people think. I think guys in red are replaceable next season. Also Vickerson could be kept as well if he continues to show up I think being heavy again helps him.

DE - Dumervil (stud)
DT - Vickerson (underrated, having a solid season)
DT - Bannan (old stopgap but playing solid)
DE - Wolfe (young w/ high motor guy)

WLB - Woodyard (solid, most improved)
MLB - Brooking (obviously a stopgap)
SLB - Miller (stud)

LCB - Bailey (future HOF)
RCB - Porter (solid, when healthy)
Nickel CB - Harris (solid, bright future)
Dime CB - Carter (young good cover guy w/ potential)

FS - Moore (young but the most improved player outside of woodyard)
SS - Adams (average stopgap IMO, but can play solid at times)

Only 4 red guys to replace next season not bad. IMO going forward our defense looks great, for the future we would obviously like to find a MLB that excels in pass coverage and a stud interior DL but I am hoping Wolfe eventually develops into a solid starting DT even though I know hes playing DE right now.

Ayers looks like a career backup here, I am fine with that hes a good rotation player. Nate Irving looks to be a career backup at SLB as well but who knows.

We have a lot of young unknown players on our defense with tons of potential like Irving, Danny T, Malik Jackson & who knows with Bolden I don't like to throw guys under the bus their rookie season.

I could see DJ sticking on btw if he plays this year and excels at MLB I could see him staying there as long as having DJ next to Wood works. I wouldn't replace Woodyard at WLB hes good there. DJ played MLB before and he played it pretty good for us if he could do that I could see it being the plan going forward. If Denver wants him back that is.

Our needs (if DJ isn't in the picture) are:
MLB that excels at covering TEs
DT/LDE (whatever Wolfe doesn't start at)
Big SS (in the mold of Kam Chancellor from Seahawks)

Bacchus
11-06-2012, 03:41 AM
Really? Not to sound like a homer but statistically Von and Watt are very close. And Von is dropping into coverage this year and not just running at the QB. Watt is lined up and penetrates every play. His pass defenses aren't because he is playing coverage, it is because when he rushes and doesn't get to the QB he throws his hands up to obstruct passing lanes just like DL are taught. Watt got a lot of deserved hype for his early season output.

Von has 33 tackles
Watt has 38 tackles

Von has 9 sacks
Watt has 10.5 sacks

Von has 14 Tackles for loss
Watt has 15 Tackles for loss

31-35 is the combined record of teams Watt has faced
38-26 is the combined record of teams Von has faced

Watt has dominated crappier opponents. Von is getting it done at right near the same statistical rate but against much stronger opponents. Watt reaped benefits of playing a weaker schedule. Over the next 8 weeks Von gets to do the same.

A lot of those stats are coming from Houston because they are leading forcing the opponents to pass. With Denver's schedule look for them to get out to leads like they did Sunday forcing teams to pass. I look for both Doom and Miller to have a huge final 9 games of the season.

Bacchus
11-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Our defense gets disrespected too much I think going down the line of talent on defense its better than people think. I think guys in red are replaceable next season. Also Vickerson could be kept as well if he continues to show up I think being heavy again helps him.

DE - Dumervil (stud)
DT - Vickerson (underrated, having a solid season)
DT - Bannan (old stopgap but playing solid)
DE - Wolfe (young w/ high motor guy)

WLB - Woodyard (solid, most improved)
MLB - Brooking (obviously a stopgap)
SLB - Miller (stud)

LCB - Bailey (future HOF)
RCB - Porter (solid, when healthy)
Nickel CB - Harris (solid, bright future)
Dime CB - Carter (young good cover guy w/ potential)

FS - Rahim Moore (young but the most improved player outside of woodyard)
SS - Adams (average stopgap IMO, but can play solid at times)

Only 4 red guys to replace next season not bad. IMO going forward our defense looks great, for the future we would obviously like to find a MLB that excels in pass coverage and a stud interior DL but I am hoping Wolfe eventually develops into a solid starting DT even though I know hes playing DE right now.

Ayers looks like a career backup here, I am fine with that hes a good rotation player. Nate Irving looks to be a career backup at SLB as well but who knows.

We have a lot of young unknown players on our defense with tons of potential like Irving, Danny T, Malik Jackson & who knows with Bolden I don't like to throw guys under the bus their rookie season.

I could see DJ sticking on btw if he plays this year and excels at MLB I could see him staying there as long as having DJ next to Wood works. I wouldn't replace Woodyard at WLB hes good there. DJ played MLB before and he played it pretty good for us if he could do that I could see it being the plan going forward. If Denver wants him back that is.

Our needs (if DJ isn't in the picture) are:
MLB that excels at covering TEs
DT/LDE (whatever Wolfe doesn't start at)
Big SS (in the mold of Kam Chancellor from Seahawks)

I'm very impressed with Vickerson. The guy has really manned up.

baja
11-06-2012, 07:23 AM
DT & Decker are the #1 receiving tandem in the league.

fontaine
11-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Wish we had more depth at WR, DT, HB, outside of that I like this team a lot.

I was thinking the exact same thing the last few days.

I would all MLB to that list.

TheChamp24
11-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Sell the farm to get Teo IMO.
Shoot, trade DJ, our 1st and 2nd picks, maybe throw a 6th to "seal the deal" to be able to take Teo.

Heyneck
11-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Can't get my head around PM having 20 TD's by mid season. Sure, he has been there, done that. But we have had some epic OF in Denver over the last 2 decades... an he could destroy John's TD record in just 4 weeks. Just imagine what he could do with an elite RB... and a more competent 3rd receiver.

Heyneck
11-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Sell the farm to get Teo IMO.
Shoot, trade DJ, our 1st and 2nd picks, maybe throw a 6th to "seal the deal" to be able to take Teo.

Teo looks like a top 10 maybe top 5 pick right now. If we keep playing the way we are right now, we would have to sell this years and next year's farm just to get in that range.

baja
11-06-2012, 07:42 AM
I would like to see an injury break down for all teams. maybe a list of which teams have lost the most starters. Which teams were the most negatively effected. Which teams have the most conditioning related injuries. Is there a site that covers this?

TheChamp24
11-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Can't get my head around PM having 20 TD's by mid season. Sure, he has been there, done that. But we have had some epic OF in Denver over the last 2 decades... an he could destroy John's TD record in just 4 weeks. Just imagine what he could do with an elite RB... and a more competent 3rd receiver.

What he would do?
Oh, only just throw for 49 TD's, 4,500+ yards, with a QB rating of 121.

One thing I was thinking, what about using Holliday on offense and getting him the ball with space?

baja
11-06-2012, 07:50 AM
What I love about this team is you can see the improvement in every facet from game to game. It is glaringly noticeable with the receivers.

I am nominating JDR for defensive coach of the year. What I love about him when a player doesn't cut the mustard he finds someone to replace him that will.

The only area that seems to be stagnant is the running game. Hopefully Hilman will turn it on.

LRtagger
11-06-2012, 08:29 AM
The best part about this is Prater only has 10 FG attempts through 8 games.

So let's say 20 for the season...

Last year he attempted 25 with that craptastic offense. In 09 he attempted 35 and in 08 he attempted 34.

We are now scoring TDs instead of FGs which is always good.

Broncos_OTM
11-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Elvis Dumervill is #16 with 6 sacks

Mario Williams is #28 with 4.5 sacks (The guy many wanted to sign)

Suh is #43 with 3.5 sacks
In all fairness mario eilliams has been injured

BroncoMan4ever
11-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Stokley is in pace for 50 catches and Tamme, Dreessen and McGahee are all in line for over 40. We do have quite an arsenal beyond our top 2.

Also if you look at Peyton's stats he is on pace for jusy about his best statistical season ever.

On pace for highest completion percentage, most yards, 2nd highest TDs and QB rating of his career and his TD - INT ratio is just about 4 - 1

orinjkrush
11-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Love the irony.

By the way, excellent choice with that comma. You knocked it out of the park. Just killed it.

lmao

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/14813382.jpg

broncocalijohn
11-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Baja,
You have over 50k in posts. You don't need to bump that number any higher with posts that can be combined. It is like Watermock all over again. At least you are not talking to your self by answering your own posts.

baja
11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Baja,
You have over 50k in posts. You don't need to bump that number any higher with posts that can be combined. It is like Watermock all over again. At least you are not talking to your self by answering your own posts.

Thanks mom.

You are real good at telling others what they should.

There's an old saying;

"Clean your own side of the street before you worry about the other side."

broncocalijohn
11-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks mom.

You are real good at telling others what they should.

There's an old saying;

"Clean your own side of the street before you worry about the other side."

First,
Your Mom would have to be at least 110 years old to be your Mother. 2nd, that quote only works if I put every single thought into one post each. Nice try. I have the capability to use cut n paste that is included on most computers. Try it and make one good post.

baja
11-06-2012, 11:01 AM
First,
Your Mom would have to be at least 110 years old to be your Mother. 2nd, that quote only works if I put every single thought into one post each. Nice try. I have the capability to use cut n paste that is included on most computers. Try it and make one good post.

I see you missed the point

Here's another famous saying;

"Mind your business"

broncocalijohn
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I see you missed the point

Here's another famous saying;

"Mind your business"

I see you used the wrong saying so better one on the 2nd one except...

lol! You post on a football forum of opinions and you with over 50,000 posts want ME to mind my own business? Old Man, **** doesn't work that way once you put it out there.