PDA

View Full Version : ROUTT...A new route

broncswin
11-05-2012, 02:14 PM
The 1-7 Kansas City Chiefs made some changes on defense Monday as head coach Romeo Crennel gave up his defensive coordinator duties and starting cornerback Stanford Routt was released

Pathetic OrganizationROFL!

link on espn.com

Rock Chalk
11-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Germans.

DBroncos4life
11-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Who picks him up Lions or Pats?

baja
11-05-2012, 02:16 PM
"Cut that meat"

broncosteven
11-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Pretty sure Romeo cut Routt to get back in Belly's good graces so he has a job with him next year after kFc fires his ass!

Routt was terrible but so was the rest of the D, he is better than anything Belly has at CB right now.

Doggcow
I hope NE doesn't get him. Or Balt.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Seems like just yesterday chiefs fans were defending Routts addition. Saying he's a great number 2

DBroncos4life
11-05-2012, 02:23 PM
I hope NE doesn't get him. Or Balt.

He was just cut from the chiefs and you are worried about him? I'm HOPING he lands there.

DENVERDUI55
11-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Seems like just yesterday chiefs fans were defending Routts addition. Saying he's a great number 2

Yes that was KCPUD arguing with me. We got to find that thread.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Who wants to pick Routt for the vet. min.

cmhargrove
11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
But he's so fast!!!!!

DBroncos4life
11-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I've seen Raiders fans say cut McClain to pick up Routt. LOL

pricejj
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
The fail that is the Kansas City Chiefs never ceases to amaze me.

enjolras
11-05-2012, 03:24 PM
They're tanking the season for Barkley.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes that was KCPUD arguing with me. We got to find that thread.

Haha yep

Lestat
11-05-2012, 03:50 PM
please Lord don't fire Pioli KC, just please don't.
this is too epically wonderful to end.

broncocalijohn
11-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Actually, they were correct. He is a great number 2.

Pendejo
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Who wants to pick Routt for the vet. min.

The Montreal Alouettes.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-05-2012, 04:32 PM
The Montreal Alouettes.

LOL I heard the BC Bearcats wanted him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-05-2012, 05:06 PM

Ha!!!

It's a shame Peyton didnt get to slice him up.

Lestat
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sfetoMrpkKY/Taeqrmev05I/AAAAAAAAKio/hBSB9OdBxI8/s1600/rotflmao128462339890468750.jpg

broncosteven
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
please Lord don't fire Pioli KC, just please don't.
this is too epically wonderful to end.

Or Romeo for that matter.

broncosteven
11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
They're tanking the season for Barkley.

That explains why Romeo is no longer their DC, they want to ensure the #1 over all pick and are a heated (the only heated battle they have had this year) with the Jags!

errand
11-05-2012, 06:18 PM

Well, he is a #2.....

chadta
11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
LOL I heard the BC Bearcats wanted him.

actually the team is called the BC roughriders, and if they dont take him im sure he can find a job with the Ottawa roughriders or the Saskatchewan roughriders

Lestat
11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Or Romeo for that matter.

Romeo isn't the greatest but the problem with that team is more talent than coaching. coaching is a big part of it but Pioli has whiffed like a mad man on his picks and so did the regime before him.

razorwire77
11-05-2012, 07:06 PM
ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

How much money did they drop on him again?

Good thing they didn't re-sign Carr.

broncosteven
11-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Romeo isn't the greatest but the problem with that team is more talent than coaching. coaching is a big part of it but Pioli has whiffed like a mad man on his picks and so did the regime before him.

Good coaches raise the level of play from their players, they mask their defiencies(sp?) and gameplan to their advantages.

Romeo has not done that in any phase of the game for kFc this year. They are turning the ball over on O and ST's and their D is not getting TO's. They are being beaten like a rug in the passing game and teams are running on them. There is no clear plan of attack that one could point out and then they get down and are forced to throw out what little they did prep for.

Romeo should not venture outside of DC again in his career. He is like a sucky version of Wade Phillips

FearLanier
11-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Routt's fate was sealed when he gave up late in the Chargers game. He had problems throughout the season, but I think that was what did him in. Inexcusable for any player to flat out give up on a string of plays because things aren't going well.

SportinOne
11-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Good coaches raise the level of play from their players, they mask their defiencies(sp?) and gameplan to their advantages.

Romeo has not done that in any phase of the game for kFc this year. They are turning the ball over on O and ST's and their D is not getting TO's. They are being beaten like a rug in the passing game and teams are running on them. There is no clear plan of attack that one could point out and then they get down and are forced to throw out what little they did prep for.

Romeo should not venture outside of DC again in his career. He is like a sucky version of Wade Phillips

you've been watching their games? you need a hobby. :wave:

Lestat
11-05-2012, 09:22 PM

outside of Charles and Bowe the Chiefs have **** else on O.
their D has some pieces to it but Derrick Johnson is the only big time guy who isn't named Eric Berry.
KC needs talent upgrades in all areas, they need a competent GM who can evaluate talent and develop it.

do i think Romeo is a good HC? hell no, but do i think a "good" coach will be able to go in there with the same talent and win? hell no.
you're going to have to get a perfect hard nosed X's & O's teacher to squeeze blood out of that stone.
for KC to improve they need a great coach. without the perfect hire, you can put just about any average or good coach in there and they won't win much.

i look at KC the same way i see us.
they have **** for talent and they need an overhaul. if they get a exec who will take over and own the team from the picks to the players to the coaches then they'll improve.

fontaine
11-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Considering how Porter's health is going, I'd bring in Routt just as insurance.

fontaine
11-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Am I missing something here? If you're going to cut a guy then why not trade him before the deadline last week?

baja
11-06-2012, 09:08 AM
He's Romo's fall guy

broncosteven
11-06-2012, 11:45 AM
you've been watching their games? you need a hobby. :wave:

I enjoy watching kFc and Oakland get beat down.

Plus I usually practice guitar while the non-Bronco games are on.

broncosteven
11-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Am I missing something here? If you're going to cut a guy then why not trade him before the deadline last week?

One more bad move by a bad team.

I still don't know why they didn't go after a guy like Koppen for C depth earlier in the season. Instead of finding a guy who can at the very least snap the ball consistently they bring in a bad G so they can keep a good G at C! What kind of sense does that make? They must be hoping that Lija will learn how to snap on the job. I would have found the best C sitting at home before I went and found Hockstein. If they had a guy of Hocksteins quality at C who could at least snap then they could move Lija back to a position he is good at.

swaiy
11-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Considering how Porter's health is going, I'd bring in Routt just as insurance.

Insurance? He would probably be great insurance to the other team getting a guaranteed first down due to pass interference.

broncswin
11-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Insurance? He would probably be great insurance to the other team getting a guaranteed first down due to pass interference.

Sometimes a player needs a change of scenery and a winning, confident environment like Denver may be it.

broncosteven
11-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Has anyone even made a move for Routt? I would have thought Belly would have been all over him ASAP.

lonestar
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Has anyone even made a move for Routt? I would have thought Belly would have been all over him ASAP.

Guessing his contract numbers are scaring folks away.

Now if he clears waivers he can be had without the 6 million a year.

While decent CB not worth those numbers.

He will play again but for a lot less and if in NE probably play for a long time. Just like loads of other players have done on the rebound.

Raidersbane
11-06-2012, 05:49 PM
The fail that is the Kansas City Chiefs never ceases to amaze me.

It never ceases to please me........Ha!

broncosteven
11-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Guessing his contract numbers are scaring folks away.

Now if he clears waivers he can be had without the 6 million a year.

While decent CB not worth those numbers.

He will play again but for a lot less and if in NE probably play for a long time. Just like loads of other players have done on the rebound.

He has cleared yesterday. Yet no one has made a move we know about