PDA

View Full Version : Does Shanahan make it through the season?

Pages : [1] 2

IHaveALight
11-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Mike Shanahan said after the game today that the season now becomes an evaluation for next year.

He's now 14-27 (.341) in Washington. Is Snyder going to cut him loose? ???

bowtown
11-04-2012, 02:05 PM
No chance. He has at least 1 more season with his QB and Snyder would be a first class idiot not to give him at least 2 more.

MileHighMagic
11-04-2012, 02:08 PM
They won't risk stunting Griffins growth.

baja
11-04-2012, 02:18 PM
That loss today against a team they should beat at home is typical of a Mike Shanahan team.

How often did we lose a game we should have won under Mike, especially the last 3 years?

Miss I.
11-04-2012, 02:19 PM
hey, where is the option about Lonestar coming in to call him Tanahan?

DBroncos4life
11-04-2012, 02:26 PM
hard to say, if he doesn't I think Chip Kelly is the next big thing in DC.

RedskinBronco
11-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Nope, he will survive this season no matter how bad it gets with his status quo work (Solid running game, no defense, no adjustments).

BUT he will not survive next year. He will essentially be working for that 5th year next year.

I was extremely pissed when MS was hired in DC. Redskins fans who don't follow Denver now understand...

gunns
11-04-2012, 03:17 PM
No chance. He has at least 1 more season with his QB and Snyder would be a first class idiot not to give him at least 2 more.

Uh, I think the consensus has been just that.

broncosteven
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
He makes it through this season.

Maybe if they start 0-4 or 2-6 next year Snyder gets antsy and fires him but I can't imagine him not starting next year as the redskins HC.

It is hard to win games with a Rookie QB no matter how good they are.

baja
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Watch Snyder fire Shanny and hire McD who will piss off RGIII and be forced to trade him. ;D

ScottXray
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Nope, he will survive this season no matter how bad it gets with his status quo work (Solid running game, no defense, no adjustments).

BUT he will not survive next year. He will essentially be working for that 5th year next year.

I was extremely pissed when MS was hired in DC. Redskins fans who don't follow Denver now understand...

Totally agree with this . Next year is his waterloo. After that he will get O coordinator jobs at best, or no GM duties if he gets another HC gig.

RedskinBronco
11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Disclaimer: Please do not click if you are not interested. However, if you are interested in the **** storm brewing with everyone's favorite coach...

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?373318-If-Shanahan-s-given-up-what-hope-do-we-really-have-with-him-A-pretty-darn-disappointed-and-disillusioned-long-time-backer-of-the-HC.

Apparently, MS gave up on the season today by saying he is now evaluating guys for next year. Even if you believe the season is over, you don't say it in a postgame presser.

NFLBRONCO
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I think you give Shanny a few more years esp after that trade and see if it reaps rewards.

NFLBRONCO
11-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I still think only way Mike might see SB again is if he gets a job were the team is SB ready from day 1.

CEH
11-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Shanahan is proving what type of coach he is without the HOFers

Is Indy giving up on the season? Seems like they are the #6 seed right now

Shanny is a fraud and will prove to be again next year

Rohirrim
11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
hard to say, if he doesn't I think Chip Kelly is the next big thing in DC.

Every endangered head coaching job in the league has Chip Kelly's name penciled in. Ha!

peacepipe
11-04-2012, 04:35 PM
???,I agree that he shouldn't have said what he saaid but he's being a realist. Shanahans problem is he has too much on his plate.

DBroncos4life
11-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Every endangered head coaching job in the league has Chip Kelly's name penciled in. Ha!

Skins would pay more then the Browns or KC though. ;D

bronco militia
11-04-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure how shanny is overwlemed. his kid is running the offense, bruce allen is running the front office, and his best friend along with two former head coaches are running the defense.

injuries have ruined this season.

RhymesayersDU
11-04-2012, 04:52 PM
What I find interesting is that the narrative about Jason Campbell's time in Washington was that he was ruined by the coaching carousel in Washington year after year.

And now Redskin fans want to do that same thing with RGIII? Pretty funny. Don't get me wrong, RGIII has 100x the talent that Campbell did, but with a young QB I don't know that you want to start from scratch right after his rookie year, from a developmental standpoint.

go_broncos
11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure how shanny is overwlemed. his kid is running the offense, bruce allen is running the front office, and his best friend along with two former head coaches are running the defense.

I heard this before...

bronco militia
11-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I heard this before...

yeah it sucks....too bad you guys can't blame it on Greek and Tuten ;D

baja
11-04-2012, 05:06 PM
It has been 14 years since our SB and Shanny has been mediocre To down right bad ever since. At what point do you at acknowledge Shanny is no longer the great coach you believe him to be?

CEH
11-04-2012, 05:12 PM
It has been 14 years since our SB and Shanny has been mediocre To down right bad ever since. At what point do you at acknowledge Shanny is no longer the great coach you believe him to be?

Shanny was a great coach for 3 years and mediorce since. The last 4 years his defenses have been atrousious and now he's given up half way through the season

Playing his little mind games I hope the team turns on him

wolf754life
11-04-2012, 05:13 PM
That loss today against a team they should beat at home is typical of a Mike Shanahan team.

How often did we lose a game we should have won under Mike, especially the last 3 years?

THIS! Quoted for TRUTH~

To top it off they don't have any draft picks either~! get out the wallet D Snyder, cap problems coming again!

lonestar
11-04-2012, 05:56 PM

Here in DEN last year it was called next man up.

Guess mikey is special.

RedskinBronco
11-04-2012, 06:01 PM
He is the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL. It's neck and neck between him and Andy Reid.

At least Reid has had more sustained success and with no HOFs either like Montana, Young and Elway.

Mike is a fraud. Still TBD on his son Kyle.

tsiguy96
11-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Disclaimer: Please do not click if you are not interested. However, if you are interested in the **** storm brewing with everyone's favorite coach...

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?373318-If-Shanahan-s-given-up-what-hope-do-we-really-have-with-him-A-pretty-darn-disappointed-and-disillusioned-long-time-backer-of-the-HC.

Apparently, MS gave up on the season today by saying he is now evaluating guys for next year. Even if you believe the season is over, you don't say it in a postgame presser.

"Shanahan knows the deal. His teams pack it in every single year unless they are a completely dominant team.

Since the 2005 season his teams have all won 1-2 of the final 6 games of the season. Since he's come to DC the team packs it in even earlier. "

jeebus, scary trend.

RedskinBronco
11-04-2012, 06:29 PM
"Shanahan knows the deal. His teams pack it in every single year unless they are a completely dominant team.

Since the 2005 season his teams have all won 1-2 of the final 6 games of the season. Since he's come to DC the team packs it in even earlier. "

jeebus, scary trend.

Yep, it's going to get ugly for shanahan this week (considering it is the bye week) and next.

The thing that's going to kill him the most IMO is that defense. The skins have never EVER in their history been this BAD on defense. This is the NFC East, a division with its foundation being tough, physical defense. He can hide behind Haslett for now, but eventually they will come after Shanahan.

If I was to bet, I would say he doesn't get rid of Haslett during the bye week because then the heat comes solely on him. He will ride the injury excuse until the offseason to buy more time and then "fire" haslett.

gunns
11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Shanahan is proving what type of coach he is without the HOFers

Is Indy giving up on the season? Seems like they are the #6 seed right now

Shanny is a fraud and will prove to be again next year

Shanahan proved that before he left Denver. If he would just see that he is not a GM......GM's know there is a defense also. It was his downfall in Denver and will be in DC.

RedskinBronco
11-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Shanahan proved that before he left Denver. If he would just see that he is not a GM......

IMO, him and holmgren have ruined their legacies due to their stubborness of getting involved in the GM portion of the game.

errand
11-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I still think only way Mike might see SB again is if he gets a job were the team is SB ready from day 1.

Or sits at home on his sofa, like he's done since SBXXXIII......

gunns
11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
IMO, him and holmgren have ruined their legacies due to their stubborness of getting involved in the GM portion of the game.

Good comparison. Holmgren was akin to Millen in Cleveland. I would really like to see someone stand up to Shanahan and take those GM duties from him and see what happens. I think if he stuck to coaching he could possibly have more success. I don't know. He could possibly walk too if that were to happen. Hopefully he doesn't trip over his ego. Ah hell he's already done that.

baja
11-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Good comparison. Holmgren was akin to Millen in Cleveland. I would really like to see someone stand up to Shanahan and take those GM duties from him and see what happens. I think if he stuck to coaching he could possibly have more success. I don't know. He could possibly walk too if that were to happen. Hopefully he doesn't trip over his ego. Ah hell he's already done that.

He even sulks if he doesn't catch the biggest fish.

baja
11-04-2012, 07:00 PM
.....and he'll bench ya if you forget to put mayonnaise on his turkey sandwich

tsiguy96
11-04-2012, 07:00 PM
would be incredible if shanahan fired his DC after this year. would have to be a record for firings of your DC over a career.

tsiguy96
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Amazing how long Shanahan has skated by on reputation. His Redskins teams have been poorly coached, and no better GM than he was in Denver.
Frank Schwab, former gazette broncos guy (now with yahoo NFL)

OBF1
11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I can not wait until the shanahandjobs show up and defend the man, the legend, the god.

Shanny was done 3 years before he was fired in Denver, too many posters here are just too blind to see it.

jutang
11-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Rookie QB
Injuries to orakpo and Kerrigan have been devasting for the defense.
Will this be enough to grant Shanahan a pass from Snyder given Snyder's history?

Agamemnon
11-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Normally I'd say he's safe because of Griffin, but this is Snyder we are talking about. So who knows?

RedskinBronco
11-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Normally I'd say he's safe because of Griffin, but this is Snyder we are talking about. So who knows?

Snyder won't have the guts for this one. Firing Shanahan before the end of next year would make it very, very tough for him to ever land coveted coaches given past history with Norv, Schottenheimer, etc.

He will give MS one more year after this season, but one thing snyder won't do is let him have all 5 years at this rate of suck

lonestar
11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Shanny was a great coach for 3 years and mediorce since. The last 4 years his defenses have been atrousious and now he's given up half way through the season

Playing his little mind games I hope the team turns on him

He had great talent in a bunch of HOF players and near HOF guys. During those first years. Couple that with a running scheme taught by a master of it, in Gibbs made them almost unbeatable.

But once those HF players retired or moved on we were reduced to a great O between the 20's with an occasional TD and loads of FG's.

Our defense was never great merely capitalistic and spent little time playing from behind. Almost always had a 2-4 TD lead to protect. And even then many games were not won with a killer instinct, But merely holding on..

There were a lot of nail biters that should not have been. Few games won going away.

Mikey believed that early success with UF agency would continue but everyone learned from his aquirring a few good men to go with his HOF players that were in place when he got back here.

Yet as great as they were lots of close games. And later on lots of trap game loses.

lonestar
11-04-2012, 08:19 PM

jeebus, scary trend.

I always attributed that to having small fast players in the later years. 4th-7th round OL guys. That would have never been drafted by other teams. None over 285 pounds but because they played ZBS and few teams at the time worried about it because no one else was doing it. They knew when we got inside the red zone our running game would ground to a halt.

Now just maybe it is mikey alone with his training habits that causes it.

I knew that when he took the job the defense would fall apart going from a top 5 D to the dregs. . I thought it would have been more gradual as the good players moved on or retired. Took him one year.

I have always said he would make a great OC, but not much after that. A brilliant tactician. Which surprises the hell out of me because just reverse engineering it would make for a great D.

lonestar
11-04-2012, 08:20 PM

:thumbs: you nailed it

NFLBRONCO
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Exactly

NFLBRONCO
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
He is the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL.

Its beginning to look that way as more time passes. I thought after getting fired here he'd change a bit. I see the same old thing different team.

I do appreciate the glory days he delivered here.

DBroncos4life
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
The better question is will RGIII make it through the season. Really teams have him figured out over the last couple of games. They might want to open things up for him some soon.

Kaylore
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
I think Griffin needs another year under this staff to develop. That said, as was mentioned, this is exactly the kind of game Shanahan teams fold to. He finds ways to play down to his competition.

Archer81
11-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I always attributed that to having small fast players 1. in the later years. 4th-7th round OL guys. That would have never been drafted by other teams. None over 285 pounds but because they played ZBS and few teams at the time worried about it because no one else was doing it. They knew when we got inside the red zone our running game would ground to a halt.

Now just maybe it is mikey alone with his training habits that causes it.

2. I knew that when he took the job the defense would fall apart going from a top 5 D to the dregs. . I thought it would have been more gradual as the good players moved on or retired. Took him one year.

3. I have always said he would make a great OC, but not much after that. A brilliant tactician. Which surprises the hell out of me because just reverse engineering it would make for a great D.

1. Zimmerman was a first round pick. Nalen was a 7th round pick. Tony Jones was undrafted. Mark Schlereth went in the 10th round, Habib went in the 10th round, Dan Neil went in the third, Swayne went in the 7th. Not sure what point you were trying to make about "smaller" players. Historically the Broncos have had a smaller offensive line.

2. I bet you did.

3. And he would have gotten away with it too, except for those damn superbowl rings. That he won. As a HC.

:Broncos:

Agamemnon
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
All I know is man I'm glad he isn't our coach anymore. I'll always appreciate those Super Bowls he helped us win, but the guy just doesn't seem to get that being a great offensive coach doesn't mean you should be a GM.

NUB
11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
The better question is will RGIII make it through the season. Really teams have him figured out over the last couple of games. They might want to open things up for him some soon.

RGIII is fine given that Washington's receiving group is pretty weak. The best route runner they got is a very over the hill Santana Moss. And they're the eastcoast Seahawks, coming down with a bad case of dropsies and all. Of course, the Redskins biggest problems are injuries and defense -- and they're definitely not exclusive from one another.

Play2win
11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
blah... RGIII is just a more athletic Jake Plummer.

LongDongJohnson
11-05-2012, 12:22 AM
I guess ole shanny is nothing without kubiak.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 12:30 AM
I guess ole shanny is nothing without kubiak.

You may be closer to the truth than some want to think..

lonestar
11-05-2012, 12:40 AM
1. Zimmerman was a first round pick. Nalen was a 7th round pick. Tony Jones was undrafted. Mark Schlereth went in the 10th round, Habib went in the 10th round, Dan Neil went in the third, Swayne went in the 7th. Not sure what point you were trying to make about "smaller" players. Historically the Broncos have had a smaller offensive line.

2. I bet you did.

3. And he would have gotten away with it too, except for those damn superbowl rings. That he won. As a HC.

Mikey never drafted Zim IIRC jones, stink and habib were all brought in as UFAs

But all the guys except neil, that replaced these were all all 4-7th rounders.

As for 2 if you go back to others boards I have been on you will see I pericted the defenses going to crap under mikey.

3 actually he won a couple of rings as position coach and OC Iirc with SFO.

Seems the only time he can win consistently is with HOF QBs. Joe Steve and John.

Time to stop having a woody for him. He really is not that good.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 12:43 AM
RGIII is fine given that Washington's receiving group is pretty weak. The best route runner they got is a very over the hill Santana Moss. And they're the eastcoast Seahawks, coming down with a bad case of dropsies and all. Of course, the Redskins biggest problems are injuries and defense -- and they're definitely not exclusive from one another.

So the mediocre talent is the problem? IF THAT IS the case who chose those players for the team?
Who is calling the plays to maximize the talent they do have.?

Sorry but the answer comes back to mikey each time an excuse is made.

CEH
11-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Remind me again who the Mia Dolphin WRS are yet their first year coach is completing with a rookie QB

This comes down to coaching and once agin his mind games to motivate his players

rmsanger
11-05-2012, 05:52 AM
He's a great coach for last century's game.

Broncomutt
11-05-2012, 06:24 AM
I think part of what makes a coach great is understanding when to walk away. HoF coaches don't usually get fired multiple times.

Love Mike for the championships he brought to Denver, but also very glad he's somebody else's problem now.

Still amazes me how some omaners thought he'd literally be "coach for life" as if there really is such a thing in modern day football. Closest thing to that was Paterno and we all know how that story ended.

Archer81
11-05-2012, 06:46 AM
1. Mikey never drafted Zim IIRC jones, stink and habib were all brought in as UFAs

But all the guys except neil, that replaced these were all all 4-7th rounders.

As for 2 if you go back to others boards I have been on you will see I pericted the defenses going to crap under mikey.

3 actually he won a 2. couple of rings as position coach and OC Iirc with SFO.

Seems the 3. only time he can win consistently is with HOF QBs. Joe Steve and John.

4. Time to stop having a woody for him. He really is not that good.

1. You did not specifiy WHO they were drafted by. The fact remains that the offensive line that won us titles had humble draft beginnings.

2. One as position coach. He won 2 as a HC.

3. Do you think it a coincidence that HOF coaches had HOF QB's playing for them?

4. He won the Broncos, ostensibly your favorite team, 2 titles. For that alone he deserves credit. That is not having a "woody" over him. Its showing respect and appreciation.

TonyR
11-05-2012, 07:19 AM
$7 million/year. Now 5-15 at FedEx Field. Ouch.

DENVERDUI55
11-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Yep, it's going to get ugly for shanahan this week (considering it is the bye week) and next.

The thing that's going to kill him the most IMO is that defense. The skins have never EVER in their history been this BAD on defense. This is the NFC East, a division with its foundation being tough, physical defense. He can hide behind Haslett for now, but eventually they will come after Shanahan.

If I was to bet, I would say he doesn't get rid of Haslett during the bye week because then the heat comes solely on him. He will ride the injury excuse until the offseason to buy more time and then "fire" haslett.

You are right on how overrated he is and he always has bad defenses. Even our SB team D was pretty bad overall but were good at getting big plays and turnovers. He will fire Haslett and use DC as escape goat like he always does.

baja
11-05-2012, 08:04 AM
$7 million/year. Now 5-15 at FedEx Field. Ouch.

OUCH! Not good.

Archer81
11-05-2012, 08:18 AM
You are right on how overrated he is and he always has bad defenses. Even our SB team D was pretty bad overall but were good at getting big plays and turnovers. He will fire Haslett and use DC as escape goat like he always does.

In 1997 our defense was ranked 5th, scoring defense was tied for 6th. In 1998 it was ranked 11th, scoring defense was 8th.

Shanahan was here too long, but early on he had pretty decent defenses to pair up with our offense.

NFLBRONCO
11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
I'd love to compile Shanny's record overall when offense doesn't get a huge lead in first qtr. It is showing more and more Kubes and Elway were the real reason behind his success. The only reason I did not want Kubes after Shanny was I wanted different offense not the same old stale stuff.

baja
11-05-2012, 09:27 AM
That O seems to be doing OK now.

But I get what you are saying.

I'll take Peyton
Mannings O any day of the week.

broncocalijohn
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM

He is a great coach still until SoCal says he isn't. Those still backing Shanny are like Raider fans telling us about their Super Bowls back in the 70s.

Smiling Assassin27
11-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Snyder's already in negotiations with Sean Payton. Shanny will last the rest of the year but I think Snyder's one of the high rollers that will push for Payton if they can get him.

DBroncos4life
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Sorry if I made that sound like him not making it through the year because of play. I'm talking about the beating he is taking.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 10:35 AM
1. You did not specifiy WHO they were drafted by. The fact remains that the offensive line that won us titles had humble draft beginnings.

2. One as position coach. He won 2 as a HC.

3. Do you think it a coincidence that HOF coaches had HOF QB's playing for them?

4. He won the Broncos, ostensibly your favorite team, 2 titles. For that alone he deserves credit. That is not having a "woody" over him. Its showing respect and appreciation.

FWIW I have been a faithful Bronco fans since before they were named the Broncos.. Had season tickets from 1960-1979 when I moved out of state for good.. still kick myself in the ass for not renewing those tickets in 1980 but figured I'd never get back to DEN enough to see the games.. and without stub hub I would have been eating the cost and having empty seats..

Ironically 5 years later I had availability for free airline tickets.. Hind sight well Id have one of the highest priority numbers had I kept them.. at the time I gave them up it was under 1200..

so while I respect the Lombardi's I have almost none for that lying SOB.. IMO he destroyed my team after winning them by having failed DAFT after DAFT till Pat fired his sorry ass..

how did he destroy the team, while everyone else was building their franchise with drafting well and getting an occasional UFA to fill a hole here or there . H proceeded to DAFT poorly resigning only 13% of his picks in rounds 1-3 (where other teams were laying their foundations with), that is 6 of the 41, that he took through out his career in DEN Pryce, Wilson, Mobley, Griese, Neil and sadly DJ Williams..
All the while letting some really great talent go.. Heyward, Pryce (later after his second contract expired) , Atwater, Sharpe, Anderson, CArlise, Hixon, Kennedy, Teague , Reagor, Eason and several more that went on to play for other teams some of which are starting still today..

Why were they let go? because he FUBARED up UFA after those first couple of years picking up notorious at best expensive rentals tha in some cases never played for us yet we were saddled with the huge signing bonuses for years as dead cap money.. thus had to allow them to walk to other teams because he had no cap space.. How did he try to fix that by giving even more upfront money to existing stars when they redid their contracts year after year.. Just delaying the inevitable cap hell another year..

Now with proper management of the DRAFT, UFA signings we seem to have a very good well coached team with CAP SPACE to spare for now at least...

SO why you and others show mikey so much respect is beyond me.. His personnel decisions screwed him and us into fielding a mediocre team while others ( NE, BAL,and NE ) in particular got fat off of wise choices..

So other than winning those Lombardi's what has he done for DEN..

lonestar
11-05-2012, 10:37 AM

I had forgot about that scapegoat clause in his contracts..

baja
11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
FWIW I have been a faithful Bronco fans since before they were named the Broncos.. Had season tickets from 1960-1979 when I moved out of state for good.. still kick myself in the ass for not renewing those tickets in 1980 but figured I'd never get back to DEN enough to see the games.. and without stub hub I would have been eating the cost and having empty seats..

Ironically 5 years later I had availability for free airline tickets.. Hind sight well Id have one of the highest priority numbers had I kept them.. at the time I gave them up it was under 1200..

so while I respect the Lombardi's I have almost none for that lying SOB.. IMO he destroyed my team after winning them by having failed DAFT after DAFT till Pat fired his sorry ass..

how did he destroy the team, while everyone else was building their franchise with drafting well and getting an occasional UFA to fill a hole here or there . H proceeded to DAFT poorly resigning only 13% of his picks in rounds 1-3 (where other teams were laying their foundations with), that is 6 of the 41, that he took through out his career in DEN Pryce, Wilson, Mobley, Griese, Neil and sadly DJ Williams..
All the while letting some really great talent go.. Heyward, Pryce (later after his second contract expired) , Atwater, Sharpe, Anderson, CArlise, Hixon, Kennedy, Teague , Reagor, Eason and several more that went on to play for other teams some of which are starting still today..

Why were they let go? because he FUBARED up UFA after those first couple of years picking up notorious at best expensive rentals tha in some cases never played for us yet we were saddled with the huge signing bonuses for years as dead cap money.. thus had to allow them to walk to other teams because he had no cap space.. How did he try to fix that by giving even more upfront money to existing stars when they redid their contracts year after year.. Just delaying the inevitable cap hell another year..

Now with proper management of the DRAFT, UFA signings we seem to have a very good well coached team with CAP SPACE to spare for now at least...

SO why you and others show mikey so much respect is beyond me.. His personnel decisions screwed him and us into fielding a mediocre team while others ( NE, BAL,and NE ) in particular got fat off of wise choices..

Dale Carter is the poster boy for that.

Shanny's shine took a big hit over that one with me.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM
In 1997 our defense was ranked 5th, scoring defense was tied for 6th. In 1998 it was ranked 11th, scoring defense was 8th.

Shanahan was here too long, but early on he had pretty decent defenses to pair up with our offense.

do you really think those defenses would have been ranked so high had they not had huge leads in the early part of those games..

IIRC IN a lot of those games we had to kick FG's at the end to save those wins..

mikey was smoke and mirrors, probably still is have not been following him other than an occasional game when nothing better is on to watch..

time to let go of the love ..

Rohirrim
11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Dale Carter is the poster boy for that.

Shanny's shine took a big hit over that one with me.

Don't forget IHOP, the Bench Turd. ;D

Rabb
11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
tanahan

lonestar
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
I'd love to compile Shanny's record overall when offense doesn't get a huge lead in first qtr. It is showing more and more Kubes and Elway were the real reason behind his success. The only reason I did not want Kubes after Shanny was I wanted different offense not the same old stale stuff.

had not seen your post before saying much the same thing..

it allowed the D to mostly play pass defense after those big leads..

Unfortunately we never had a killer instinct with mikey in the saddle.. Never wanted to give the other team incentive to go for our throat..

No one liked us because we won a lot of games, but to go into cruise control offensively with a lead never made sense to me..

as Manning said the other day step on their throats when they are down..

maybe mikey has no balls..

Beantown Bronco
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
I'll take Peyton
Mannings O any day of the week.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QzIN3EgBIHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja
11-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Don't forget IHOP, the Bench Turd. ;D

Oh that was a bad one too but signing the dirty player Carter was like sending Al Davis a Christmas card.

baja
11-05-2012, 10:53 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QzIN3EgBIHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Made me laugh out loud. You the best Bean ;D

Archer81
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM

...right...

Archer81
11-05-2012, 11:35 AM
do you really think those defenses would have been ranked so high had they not had huge leads in the early part of those games..

IIRC IN a lot of those games we had to kick FG's at the end to save those wins..

mikey was smoke and mirrors, probably still is have not been following him other than an occasional game when nothing better is on to watch..

time to let go of the love ..

For a guy who claims to have been watching football since 1960 you sure have no concept of complimentary football.

baja
11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
For a guy who claims to have been watching football since 1960 you sure have no concept of complimentary football.

Thanks Josh. ;D

Archer81
11-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks Josh. ;D

You're welcome.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 11:57 AM

been watching and playing since the early 50's not sure what you mean by complimentary football..

Maybe saying thank you after they score on you.. or please do not score on us any more..

TonyR
11-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Snyder's already in negotiations with Sean Payton. Shanny will last the rest of the year but I think Snyder's one of the high rollers that will push for Payton if they can get him.

Interestingly enough I think there could possibly be 3 NFC East teams involved: Washington, Dallas, and Philadelphia. I'd bet on Dallas getting him.

baja
11-05-2012, 12:06 PM
been watching and playing since the early 50's not sure what you mean by complimentary football..

Maybe saying thank you after they score on you.. or please do not score on us any more..

Complementary football; Where all three phases complement one another.

Concept made famous in Denver by Josh Mcdaniels

RedskinBronco
11-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Interestingly enough I think there could possibly be 3 NFC East teams involved: Washington, Dallas, and Philadelphia. I'd bet on Dallas getting him.

Yeah, I would go with 95% chance likely that it's Dallas. I don't think Snyder will pull the trigger at this time but if he was attempting to, the only way payton goes to DC is if he feels he can't pass up having RGIII vs. having Romo or an unknown QB.

I still say Dallas though.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Complementary football; Where all three phases complement one another.

Concept made famous in Denver by Josh Mcdaniels

Hell that is just plain football. Not something we have had around here in a decade. Now that we have a real HC in Fox, a real GM in John, and a former HC in JDR. They know that just trying to have shoot outs each week is a futile way of being a winning team in the playoffs.

At least two phases of those have to be good to great having a good ST is just BACON on a great sandwich.

Hell look at chi their defense and St are scoring as much as the O is. Well almost but more than some other teams offense is.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I would go with 95% chance likely that it's Dallas. I don't think Snyder will pull the trigger at this time but if he was attempting to, the only way payton goes to DC is if he feels he can't pass up having RGIII vs. having Romo or an unknown QB.

I still say Dallas though.

He wants to live in NOL. As for DAL he is smarter than to work for Jerry. Who wants the spotlight and control of the team. The last two decent HC he had both told him to stick it because he kept meddling in the operations. All the rest have been suck ups. And why they have not win anything since forever.

He said he wants to play there is telling everyone he does and it is just a stupid clause of some sort in the contract that the NFL did not like.

He is not going anywhere.

bowtown
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
He wants to live in NOL. As for DAL he is smarter than to work for Jerry. Who wants the spotlight and control of the team. The last two decent HC he had both told him to stick it because he kept meddling in the operations. All the rest have been suck ups. And why they have not win anything since forever.

He said he wants to play there is telling everyone he does and it is just a stupid clause of some sort in the contract that the NFL did not like.

He is not going anywhere.

Totally illegible.

HorseHead
11-05-2012, 05:11 PM
I think Shanny makes it through the year...

I like Mike, certainly not a "Super Mike Fan", but I think the Shannahan's style offense caters to RG 3's skill set...there still is a lack of talent on that team. I guess you could pin that on Allen or Shanny though..

Who is on that O-Line? I think there was a Tyler Polumbus sighting or something there.., WR's are weak..what a difference 4 weeks makes in the NFL...

Cito Pelon
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Shanny catching a lot of grief, but 14-27 and 3-6 this year will get that for an HC/GM. Trading two 2nds, two 1sts, and spending a 1st and a 4th on QB's (also FA QB's Grossman and Beck) and you end up with Grossman, RG3, Kirk Cousins, and you still have a 14-27 record will get you some grief also. RG3 looks like a keeper, but on a weak overall team losing a 2nd and two future 1sts to get him doesn't bode well for the future.

In fairness, he's lost some key players on both O and D this year (Orakpo, Carriker, Garcon, Fred Davis).

He looked worn out in the postgame presser that's getting so much play, but I don't think he was saying he's packing it in for this year, kind of misinterpreted there a little bit I think.

He has a tough row to hoe coming up this season and in the future also. No 1st rounders for the next two years, plus that weird FA penalty they got nailed with.

BroncsCheer
11-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I had forgot about that scapegoat clause in his contracts..

and Tanahan....

amirite? :strong:

Tombstone RJ
11-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Shanny catching a lot of grief, but 14-27 and 3-6 this year will get that for an HC/GM. Trading two 2nds, two 1sts, and spending a 1st and a 4th on QB's (also FA QB's Grossman and Beck) and you end up with Grossman, RG3, Kirk Cousins, and you still have a 14-27 record will get you some grief also. RG3 looks like a keeper, but on a weak overall team losing a 2nd and two future 1sts to get him doesn't bode well for the future.

In fairness, he's lost some key players on both O and D this year (Orakpo, Carriker, Garcon, Fred Davis).

He looked worn out in the postgame presser that's getting so much play, but I don't think he was saying he's packing it in for this year, kind of misinterpreted there a little bit I think.

He has a tough row to hoe coming up this season and in the future also. No 1st rounders for the next two years, plus that weird FA penalty they got nailed with.

good post

I'm still baffled by how much the Skins traded to get RG3. I also think Shanny will get this year and next year to turn things around because of RG3. That being said Shanny simply refuses to learn. Maybe it's his super inflated ego (this is my theory) but he just keeps making the same mistakes over and over.

If Shanny fires Jim Haslett due to the poor defense then my respect for him will continue to decline. Fact is, Shanny is reponsible for the defensive woes. Sure, they have some injuries but all teams have injuries. Shanahan needs to do two things to win THIS year and his team is only really capable of doing one of these two things: run the ball effectively and play good defense. Don't put it all on a rookie QB's shoulders to win games. Unfortunately the defense sucks.

ScottXray
11-05-2012, 09:24 PM
I totally misread the poll somehow and thought I was voting that he would make it through this year...but not the next. But I picked NO.

At any rate his days in DC are numbered, because of his record.

And yes injuries play a part...but all teams have injuries.

As usual, Shanny has somehow ended up with crap on Defense, and with a rookie QB ( albeit one that looks like he is going to be very good) the O can't carry enough. They will be lucky if they win 8 games...which means they are spinning wheels near the 8-8 mark again. A mark we in Denver are familiar with.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Totally illegible.

if your unable to read that, it is time to go back to school..

RIF..

NFLBRONCO
11-05-2012, 10:12 PM
good post

I'm still baffled by how much the Skins traded to get RG3. I also think Shanny will get this year and next year to turn things around because of RG3. That being said Shanny simply refuses to learn. Maybe it's his super inflated ego (this is my theory) but he just keeps making the same mistakes over and over.

If Shanny fires Jim Haslett due to the poor defense then my respect for him will continue to decline. Fact is, Shanny is reponsible for the defensive woes. Sure, they have some injuries but all teams have injuries. Shanahan needs to do two things to win THIS year and his team is only really capable of doing one of these two things: run the ball effectively and play good defense. Don't put it all on a rookie QB's shoulders to win games. Unfortunately the defense sucks.

The trade gives Shanny another year probably but, Snyder is never afraid to make a move we'll see.

dsmoot
11-06-2012, 02:25 AM
He had great talent in a bunch of HOF players and near HOF guys. During those first years. Couple that with a running scheme taught by a master of it, in Gibbs made them almost unbeatable.

But once those HF players retired or moved on we were reduced to a great O between the 20's with an occasional TD and loads of FG's.

Our defense was never great merely capitalistic and spent little time playing from behind. Almost always had a 2-4 TD lead to protect. And even then many games were not won with a killer instinct, But merely holding on..

There were a lot of nail biters that should not have been. Few games won going away.

Mikey believed that early success with UF agency would continue but everyone learned from his aquirring a few good men to go with his HOF players that were in place when he got back here.

Yet as great as they were lots of close games. And later on lots of trap game loses.

When Wade Phillips left Denver the talent level OVERALL on the team was not that good from the OL, WR, LB, RB, DL & special teams. I distinctly remember thinking that John Elway would never return to the SB, much less win it before he retired. Compare the quality of the roster/depth between 1994 and 1997. In my opinion, Shanahan performed somewhat of a miracle in a short time shoring up the roster.

I am not a supporter of what Shanahan did past the Superbowl years and he did leave too late. I think ego was his biggest enemy in the GM role, relating to the players and to the fans. I think he no longer motivates players.

I think too many people have a short memory of what the Broncos looked like at the end of 1994 and no longer give Shanahan the credit he REALLY deserved when he first took over. The last 10 years have diminished peoples opinion of Mike.

baja
11-06-2012, 06:38 AM
When Wade Phillips left Denver the talent level OVERALL on the team was not that good from the OL, WR, LB, RB, DL & special teams. I distinctly remember thinking that John Elway would never return to the SB, much less win it before he retired. Compare the quality of the roster/depth between 1994 and 1997. In my opinion, Shanahan performed somewhat of a miracle in a short time shoring up the roster.

I am not a supporter of what Shanahan did past the Superbowl years and he did leave too late. I think ego was his biggest enemy in the GM role, relating to the players and to the fans. I think he no longer motivates players.

I think too many people have a short memory of what the Broncos looked like at the end of 1994 and no longer give Shanahan the credit he REALLY deserved when he first took over. The last 10 years have diminished peoples opinion of Mike.

This is the best post on the Shanahan era I have read on the OM. You are 100% correct sir. IMO

It is Mike Shanahan that we need to credit more than anyone else for bringing two Super Bowls to Denver.

After the SB I think Mike slowly started to believe his own press and over the following seasons devolved into the 'little man upstairs'. Sad but true.

TonyR
11-06-2012, 08:42 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--mike-shanahan-underestimated-depth-of-rebuilding-redskins-05511709.html

TonyR
11-06-2012, 08:44 AM
if your unable to read that, it is time to go back to school...

LOL

baja
11-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Around the league, the biggest criticism of Shanahan is that he doesn't listen to his scouts. He has always insisted on personnel control but doesn't heed good advice on players. Several former coaches and executives who have worked with him say he scouts off highlight tape. He wants to see a player's 10 best plays. He says he will coach him to that.

Those former workers say Shanahan believes he has the magic answer for that player. A favorite line, they say is: "He hasn't been coached by me." - The little man upstairs

Cito Pelon
11-06-2012, 12:39 PM

Actually, Shanny inherited OL - Zimmerman, Habib, Nalen all of whom started during the 95-98 years.

DB - inherited Ray Crockett and Atwater.

LB - inherited Allen Aldridge, who started at MLB 95-97.

DL- Harald Hasselbach, kept for depth 95-98.

ST - inherited Elam, Rouen, Glynn Milburn, Hebron, and Keith Burns also.

WR - inherited Anthony Miller and got a decent couple of yrs from him, but yeah WR was poor.

And of course Shanny inherited Shannon Sharpe and John Elway. Also Dwayne Carswell who contributed for many a year as blocking TE.

So yeah, Shanny made some nice additions of older players to make those SB runs, as well as some nice draftees like Mobley, Pryce, Rod Smith, T. Davis.

Yeah, there was some shaky units as you said - DL, RB, WR. Shanny made some nice additions there with FA's and draftees. But don't pretend like that 1994 roster was shaky. Had a few HOF'rs, and Shanny inherited about 9-10 players from the 1994 roster that started for the 1996-1998 kickass years, and key rotation guys like Carswell and Hasselbach.

dsmoot
11-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Actually, Shanny inherited OL - Zimmerman, Habib, Nalen all of whom started during the 95-98 years.

WR - inherited Anthony Miller and got a decent couple of yrs from him, but yeah WR was poor.

And of course Shanny inherited Shannon Sharpe and John Elway. Also Dwayne Carswell who contributed for many a year as blocking TE.

So yeah, Shanny made some nice additions of older players to make those SB runs, as well as some nice draftees like Mobley, Pryce, Rod Smith, T. Davis.

Yeah, there was some shaky units as you said - DL, RB, WR. Shanny made some nice additions there with FA's and draftees. But don't pretend like that 1994 roster was shaky. Had a few HOF'rs, and Shanny inherited about 9-10 players from the 1994 roster that started for the 1996-1998 kickass years, and key rotation guys like Carswell and Hasselbach.

Before I posted, I specifically looked at the roster differences. Some of the players you mentioned were players on the edge that were not key players in the SB years. You neglected to bring up people like Romanowski, Neil, Tony Jones, Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Darrien Gordon, Howard Griffith, Mark Schlereth, Keith Traylor, Ed McCaffrey ---- all significant starters - 10 starters you are giving no credit to Shanahan for bringing in. Your post has some good points but is it is significantly understated.

Additionally, look at the players that were starters on the 1994 team that were not around in 1997. There was an ejection of some real age in those 3 years. Compare the depth of talent that allowed the team get past injuries - another significant improvement.

I never inferred that the 1994 Broncos had the talent of the current Chiefs. They were an aging team in key areas that needed significant infusion. All the players I mentioned above added a great deal of talent over the equivalent 1994 starters at their position. I give Mike the credit for that.

lonestar
11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
- The little man upstairs

Do you have a link for that quote..

that describes him to a T..

lonestar
11-07-2012, 12:35 AM

:thumbs:

I hi-lited the HOF player in red so those that think mikey did not have talent,

Most noticeably he added a few DL guys that had a couple of years left in them, but then when they retired he failed to address replacing them..

BTW You forgot about Rod Smith he was on the roster also..

lonestar
11-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Before I posted, I specifically looked at the roster differences. Some of the players you mentioned were players on the edge that were not key players in the SB years. You neglected to bring up people like Romanowski, Neil, Tony Jones, Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Darrien Gordon, Howard Griffith, Mark Schlereth, Keith Traylor, Ed McCaffrey ---- all significant starters - 10 starters you are giving no credit to Shanahan for bringing in. Your post has some good points but is it is significantly understated.

Additionally, look at the players that were starters on the 1994 team that were not around in 1997. There was an ejection of some real age in those 3 years. Compare the depth of talent that allowed the team get past injuries - another significant improvement.

I never inferred that the 1994 Broncos had the talent of the current Chiefs. They were an aging team in key areas that needed significant infusion. All the players I mentioned above added a great deal of talent over the equivalent 1994 starters at their position. I give Mike the credit for that.

Actually he did comment about additions to the team Shanny made some nice additions of older players to make those SB runs,

he just did not name them all.. and you forgot Rod Smith who BTW was already on the roster when mikey showed up..

Cito Pelon
11-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Absolutely. Basically, what Shanny inherited was an 7-9, 8-8 team (which he got out of them in 1995). Then he started upgrading the roster as you said to go along with the 10 starters he inherited from 1994, and made great FA choices of older vets that he managed to get 2-3-4 more years of good production out of. At the time I was thinking, "These dudes are over the hill." But he made it work, that was a heck of a run 96-98.

NFLBRONCO
11-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Its the 99 and later Shanny that was the issue. His ego and stubborn side got in his way. I think Shanny would have been considered one of the best coaches ever if he stuck to coaching and let personnel side to someone else.

baja
11-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Its the 99 and later Shanny that was the issue. His ego and stubborn side got in his way. I think Shanny would have been considered one of the best coaches ever if he stuck to coaching and let personnel side to someone else.

I think his arrogance really grew with the SB wins. Easy to justify with what he accomplished but it was down hill from there.

lonestar
11-09-2012, 12:53 AM

5 of the SIX rounds One thru Three players he did resign while on their rookie contracts were all drafted during or prior to 1999, that was a total of 6 of 41 of those players. Or 13% of the total he was able to keep as broncos. The rest were busts (mostly), players that were head cases we could not afford or player he seemed not interested in keeping because they flat balled in their last year in the rookie contract Heyward is the prime example. Instead of locking him up before the season he chose to wait and see if he was going to be that star he looked to be. Afterwards we had no cap space to try for him.

You ask why no space because of his penchant for overpaying UFA bums who killed us with dead cap money.
He had to resort to that because he fubared each draft. 35 rounds 1-3 players that he did not resign.
Those are the guys every good to great team built the foundation of the team with.

You are correct after 99 he did not help us whatsoever with personnel moves. Players and coaches.

lonestar
11-09-2012, 01:05 AM
I think his arrogance really grew with the SB wins. Easy to justify with what he accomplished but it was down hill from there.

Pats contract for life sent mikey ego into overdrive. That is a big reason he got reckless with Pats money. Never met a salary cap he did not hit. Wild spending on UFA 2-3 year rentals that were beat before they got here on the very backside of their careers. But got very fat guaranteed money up front mostly called at the time signing bonuses IIRC.
They were either worn out/down of to fat to care. Which then meant rinse and repeat.

How many EOY presses did he say we are one or two players away.

chrisp
11-09-2012, 05:24 AM
In the years since the SB wins defense was Shanny's biggest failing. And I think the biggest issue there was that he wasn't prepared to get a top DC in, then step back and let them run it. He usually hired lesser guys who knew their stuff but did as they were told

Just look at Houston. Kubiak followed the shanny blueprint and built a team that looked a lot like the broncos 99-08 vintage: struggling to get past.500, losing games they ought to win etc etc. But then Kubiak brough in Phillips to run the defense and - hey presto, suddenly you have a a decent defense with kubiak happy to step back and let Phillips do his thing, and the team starts winning.

Look at McD and Nolan: stellar defense, then McD starts meddling, Nolan walks and defense falls apart. Too much control freakery.

Now we see the same problems on the Washington defense since shanny took over....

So overall I'm glad Shanny's gone, he was probably fired a year or two too late in fact. BUT despite that I will always remember him for those superbowl wins that I think he fully deserves the credit for, and always appreciate him for that.

Yes he had a HOF QB, but so did Dan Reeves! Are people forgetting about those horrible superbowl blowouts?? Shanny managed to do a better job of surrounding ELway with talent and got enough decisions right to land us 2 lombardis - not an easy task.

I'm inclined to believe those who suggest that he got more stuck in his ways after the SB wins. Certainly he seems stuck in a rut, and a year or two off watching the rest of the league doesn't seem to have shown him any new tricks, which is disappointing......

Crushaholic
11-09-2012, 07:55 AM
He ABSOLUTELY makes it through the season. There isn't too many instances of a coach being fired mid-season. Romeo Crennel gave up DC duties, but he's still the head coach. A better question would have been if Shanahan gets ANOTHER season...

dsmoot
11-10-2012, 07:29 AM
In the years since the SB wins defense was Shanny's biggest failing. And I think the biggest issue there was that he wasn't prepared to get a top DC in, then step back and let them run it. He usually hired lesser guys who knew their stuff but did as they were told

Just look at Houston. Kubiak followed the shanny blueprint and built a team that looked a lot like the broncos 99-08 vintage: struggling to get past.500, losing games they ought to win etc etc. But then Kubiak brough in Phillips to run the defense and - hey presto, suddenly you have a a decent defense with kubiak happy to step back and let Phillips do his thing, and the team starts winning.

Look at McD and Nolan: stellar defense, then McD starts meddling, Nolan walks and defense falls apart. Too much control freakery.

Now we see the same problems on the Washington defense since shanny took over....

So overall I'm glad Shanny's gone, he was probably fired a year or two too late in fact. BUT despite that I will always remember him for those superbowl wins that I think he fully deserves the credit for, and always appreciate him for that.

Yes he had a HOF QB, but so did Dan Reeves! Are people forgetting about those horrible superbowl blowouts?? Shanny managed to do a better job of surrounding ELway with talent and got enough decisions right to land us 2 lombardis - not an easy task.

I'm inclined to believe those who suggest that he got more stuck in his ways after the SB wins. Certainly he seems stuck in a rut, and a year or two off watching the rest of the league doesn't seem to have shown him any new tricks, which is disappointing......

What was very frustrating during the time after the Super Bowl years was watching the emergence of the Patriots and how they handled their personnel. They never seemed to reach for certain individuals, never were willing to overpay, drafted best player available, let veterans walk when their contract demands exceeded their value to the team and seemed to always put a quality next player up on the field. Having a Tom Brady come along didn't hurt but they seemed to have quality position coaches and stressed to everyone to focus on the game and do your job. The Pats didnt put up with much nonsense from anyone.

Contrast that to Shanahan who was always trying to pull a rabbit out of his hat and recreate that early success. He took way too many chances, thinking he was the mastermind that could take bad actors and mold them into good guys and great football players. However a new generation of player came along that Mike still hasn't figured out.

colonelbeef
11-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Shanahan is in DC for as long as he wants, he has given them the best player in the league and a chance at a playoff run every year RG3 is healthy.

The people who doubt Shanahan are hilarious. Dude gave the 'loser' Elway back to back championships, got a home AFCCG with Crap Plummer at QB, then had the best young offense in the league coming together when he was fired.

Elway, Young, Cutler, now RG3. Guy knows what he is doing. lots of coaches look good or bad based on how good their QB is. It's no accident that Belichick looked like a failure right up until he was handed a Parcells drafted team and a future HOF QB in Brady. Remember when Mike Holmgren was the best coach in the league?

broncocalijohn
11-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Colonelbeef rarely has a good take when he rolls in. I know you hated Shanny being fired but giving us the positives about Shanny from 7 years ago is like a running back's career. 7 years is a long time. He hasnt been much and there is no more excuses if he doesn't get the Redskins back to the playoffs.

RedskinBronco
11-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Another typical shanahan game on thanksgiving. Get up early and shell shock the other team and then lose all momentum and fail to adjust.

He is lucky he has RGIII. That boy is SCARY good.

SoCalBronco
11-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Another typical shanahan game on thanksgiving. Get up early and shell shock the other team and then lose all momentum and fail to adjust.

He is lucky he has RGIII. That boy is SCARY good.

Umm...actually you are lucky he made the big decision to go and get him. Shanny has won two in a row to get back in the division race and you are STILL sniveling?

Ungrateful as always I guess.

RedskinBronco
11-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Umm...actually you are lucky he made the big decision to go and get him. Shanny has won two in a row to get back in the division race and you are STILL sniveling?

Like I said we can talk at the end of the year. I know you are a big shanny supporter, but many here agree with how I label shanny so again we can agree to disagree and just see what the results bring.

Injuries are just an excuse. HE is lucky that he went out and drafted RGIII because even he knew being stubborn and STAKING HIS REPUTATION, as he put it in his own words, on Rex Grossman and John Beck was turning him into a league joke.

Big time game next week against the Giants. Everyone is saying the Skins will be the new NFC east power soon enough, so let's see if Shanahan is able to lead that. Color me skeptical but i put my money on another coach winning with the stud QB back there.

RedskinBronco
11-25-2012, 01:26 PM

I am a big believer in this being a young coaches league. Just the sheer hours you have to put in for preparation is crazy. I know Shanahan is a manager now more than anything but it trickles down and players know what goes on. It's all about setting the precedent.

One of my friends went to redskins park to welcome back the team from Dallas late Thursday night. Guess who was the first car out of there: Shanahan LOL

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 01:33 PM

Skins beat the Giants next week and things will get very interesting in the NFC East.

broncocalijohn
11-25-2012, 02:03 PM

Go get RG 3? Where else could he go to save his ass? RG3 is golden and when Luck is gonzo, it was the only play to go up and get him. RG3 pick saved Shanny's job for at least a year or two.

Skins beat the Giants next week and things will get very interesting in the NFC East.

That division blows and yet Redskins are still struggling to get into the playoff race.

frerottenextelway
11-25-2012, 03:58 PM
They gave up the Lincoln Monument & sh_t to get RGIII, but that dude has HOF written all over him. As for Shanahan, they're in running to win arguably the toughest div in football with a rookie QB. Good for him. Hope we meet them in the Superbowl!

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Go get RG 3? Where else could he go to save his ass? RG3 is golden and when Luck is gonzo, it was the only play to go up and get him. RG3 pick saved Shanny's job for at least a year or two.

That division blows and yet Redskins are still struggling to get into the playoff race.

and your point is?

TonyR
11-25-2012, 05:20 PM
..they're in running to win arguably the toughest div in football...

There's one team in that division with a winning record right now. So "arguably" to say the very least.

RedskinBronco
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
NFC East is having a down year. The eagles are embarrassing, the cowboys have been overhyped for years now.

Giants deserve a lot of credit but even they aren't that great. Still, they do well in a league full of parity.

But yeah, the buzz around the NFC east circles is that RGIII has the other 3 franchises and their fan bases scared. We will see if it happens...

frerottenextelway
11-25-2012, 05:34 PM
There's one team in that division with a winning record right now. So "arguably" to say the very least.

Not really.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 05:49 PM
NFC East is having a down year. The eagles are embarrassing, the cowboys have been overhyped for years now.

Giants deserve a lot of credit but even they aren't that great. Still, they do well in a league full of parity.

But yeah, the buzz around the NFC east circles is that RGIII has the other 3 franchises and their fan bases scared. We will see if it happens...

I think the Giants are the best team in the NFC.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Not really.

This isn't the same NFC east as in the past. The entire division is average/mediocre down to bad. Giants are the only threat. Don't tell me the cowboys are good cause they aren't. Eagles are a disaster. Redskins are no better than average. Plenty of other divisions tougher than them.

TonyR
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Not really.

So you can make an argument that the NFC East is the "toughest" division in the league? When it clearly isn't this year?

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 06:03 PM
This isn't the same NFC east as in the past. The entire division is average/mediocre down to bad. Giants are the only threat. Don't tell me the cowboys are good cause they aren't. Eagles are a disaster. Redskins are no better than average. Plenty of other divisions tougher than them.

Well the Cowboys and Eagles have taken a step back. Washington has improved and the Giants are always Dangerous. They are a team that it does not matter what their record is because they play better on the road then they do at home. If they squeak into the playoffs they will wreck some havoc.

RedskinBronco
11-25-2012, 06:06 PM

I would go with most experienced at this stage. I still feel like the Packers and 49ers are better.

I know they destroyed SF earlier this year but I think the 49ers are deeper and better and will show up if they meet when it matters. Packers can also be way too explosive for the Giants.

The Giants still value the trenches play which is why they have been owning the NFC east. I think that's where they are good. Good offensive line and a defensive line that scares Tom Brady ****less.

BUT, I mean the redskins are average and are crap without RGIII and they still had them dead in the 1st meeting before that inexcusable bite by Madieu Williams. That's the thing IMO, the Giants don't scare anyone and it's reflected in their record recently. A lot of 9-7, 8-8 type seasons. I will, however, give them credit for their performance in big games and pressure situations.

frerottenextelway
11-25-2012, 06:13 PM
So you can make an argument that the NFC East is the "toughest" division in the league? When it clearly isn't this year?

I'd say their worst team is better than the best team in our division other than us.

RedskinBronco
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
I'd say their worst team is better than the best team in our division other than us.

I agree. Let's go with record, so Eagles. Eagles are better than Chargers, Raiders and Chiefs.

Not even close, IMO.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 06:22 PM
I would go with most experienced at this stage. I still feel like the Packers and 49ers are better.

I know they destroyed SF earlier this year but I think the 49ers are deeper and better and will show up if they meet when it matters. Packers can also be way too explosive for the Giants.

The Giants still value the trenches play which is why they have been owning the NFC east. I think that's where they are good. Good offensive line and a defensive line that scares Tom Brady ****less.

BUT, I mean the redskins are average and are crap without RGIII and they still had them dead in the 1st meeting before that inexcusable bite by Madieu Williams. That's the thing IMO, the Giants don't scare anyone and it's reflected in their record recently. A lot of 9-7, 8-8 type seasons. I will, however, give them credit for their performance in big games and pressure situations.

The Redskins were 4-12 two years ago. They were 6-10 last year and now they are looking to go 8-8 plus they have been ravaged by injuries. Next year they will be competing for a division title.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 06:25 PM

The Giants killed the 49ers earlier and right now they are putting a clinic on the Packers. No one will want to face them in the playoffs,

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 06:31 PM

That hardly makes them the best division in football

frerottenextelway
11-25-2012, 06:35 PM
That hardly makes them the best division in football

I didn't say it as a definitive statement, but I'd love to know what divisions are definitively better than that?

baja
11-25-2012, 06:40 PM

If you said the best playoffs team I would agree but not this year That honor goes to SF.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 07:08 PM
I didn't say it as a definitive statement, but I'd love to know what divisions are definitively better than that?

Collectively they have 19 wins. The NFC west has 22. NFC north has 25. NFC south 23. AFC east has 21. AFC north has 24. AFC south has 24. Only the AFC west has less wins.

It's absurd to think a division that has only 1 team with a winning record is better than a division that has 3 teams with winning records

RedskinBronco
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Not to thread jack but my order of best division to worst:

1) AFC North
2) AFC South
3) NFC North
4) NFC South
5) NFC West
6) NFC East
7) AFC East
8) AFC West

This is if we are going about strength of division top to bottom which I think is what is being discussed.

Willynowei
11-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Not to thread jack but my order of best division to worst:

1) AFC North
2) AFC South
3) NFC North
4) NFC South
5) NFC West
6) NFC East
7) AFC East
8) AFC West

This is if we are going about strength of division top to bottom which I think is what is being discussed.

AFC north and AFC south are first?

List doesn't make sense to me when the NFC is destroying the AFC as a conference in head to head this year and when the worst team in the NFC North would be a playoff team in the AFC.

DBroncos4life
11-25-2012, 07:22 PM
If you said the best playoffs team I would agree but not this year That honor goes to SF.

Giants have 26 reasons to 3 why they don't agree with you.

broncocalijohn
11-25-2012, 07:24 PM
and your point is?

Easy. How hard was it for Shanahan to go and get RG3. Was there many that said he isn't worth a top 5 pick?
I was responding to SoCal's post.

baja
11-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Giants have 26 reasons to 3 why they don't agree with you.

IMO SF will be the hardest team to beat in the playoffs THIS YEAR. You are entitled to yours but I am not interested in history on this. Every year is a new year.

DBroncos4life
11-25-2012, 07:31 PM
IMO SF will be the hardest team to beat in the playoffs THIS YEAR. You are entitled to yours but I am not interested in history on this. Every year is a new year.
Giants beat SF 26 to 3 at SF THIS YEAR. It doesn't get anymore recent then that

RedskinBronco
11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
AFC north and AFC south are first?

List doesn't make sense to me when the NFC is destroying the AFC as a conference in head to head this year and when the worst team in the NFC North would be a playoff team in the AFC.

If we are talking top to bottom. Actually I probably have AFC South too high.

But AFC North is by far the best division. Baltimore, Pittsburgh (when they have big ben), Cincy is a solid top 3 and Cleveland holds their own.

If I am an AFC team, those are tough teams to play in the playoffs. I don't think many teams want to see any of these 3 in the playoffs.

baja
11-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Giants beat SF 26 to 3 at SF THIS YEAR. It doesn't get anymore recent then that

wasn't clear what you were referring to.

We'll see. Kaepernick had a nice game today

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 09:00 PM

They went to S.F. this year and embarrassed them. They'll do it again in the playoffs.

TonyR
11-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Sagarin currently ranks the divisions as follows:

1) NFC North
2) NFC West
3) NFC South
4) AFC North
5) NFC East
6) AFC East
7) AFC South
8) AFC West

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl12.htm

Cito Pelon
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
They gave up the Lincoln Monument & sh_t to get RGIII, but that dude has HOF written all over him. As for Shanahan, they're in running to win arguably the toughest div in football with a rookie QB. Good for him. Hope we meet them in the Superbowl!

Dunno if RG3 is gonna be able to keep up looking as good as he does right now. D's are biting hard on the playaction and leaving him the open looks downfield (which he's converting). He has the playaction game down, real Pro playaction fakes, nice accurate throws hitting receivers in stride at all levels off of the playaction. He's a good one - accurate guy with a strong arm and legs also.

Missing their #1's for the next two years has to hurt though. They also got nailed with the Free Agent hit for next year, $18 million penalty they can't spend.

Cito Pelon
11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
They went to S.F. this year and embarrassed them. They'll do it again in the playoffs.

Kaeper will nick them this year.

RedskinBronco
11-26-2012, 07:48 PM
They also got nailed with the Free Agent hit for next year, $18 million penalty they can't spend.

Take this FWIW, but Schefter was on radio here a few weeks back and he thinks the redskins will get relief from some of that penalty.

Speculation is that since Schefter is close to Shanahan, he knows what's going on behind the scenes...

It was a BS penalty. Karma would be for the redskins to make the playoffs and knockout the Giants from the playoffs or better yet beat them out for the NFC East.

Bacchus
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Easy. How hard was it for Shanahan to go and get RG3. Was there many that said he isn't worth a top 5 pick?
I was responding to SoCal's post.

Well, they did give up three first round picks for him. I imagine any team could have gotten him if they would have offered more and you know what? If he stays healthy he is worth it.

The Skins two starting DEs are out for the season a long wiht other injuries but the offense is rolling. Shanahan will get one more year, I believe, unless for some reason the players do not like him then I could see him being ousted.

I think he is at the point where he has to improve every year or he is out. So He needs 7-9 or better this year and he will need to better tthan hat next year. They are a fun team to watch and RGIII is the perfect QB for Shanahan's system.

I can see why some people might think Shanahan is overrated but I do not see why people are rooting against him?

SoCalBronco
11-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Take this FWIW, but Schefter was on radio here a few weeks back and he thinks the redskins will get relief from some of that penalty.

Speculation is that since Schefter is close to Shanahan, he knows what's going on behind the scenes...

It was a BS penalty. Karma would be for the redskins to make the playoffs and knockout the Giants from the playoffs or better yet beat them out for the NFC East.

Good. They better get serious relief. That was total bull****. The league admitted that they did not violate the CBA, its just that the NFL wanted the owners to collude during hte uncapped year to create a de facto salary cap even though there wasn't one.

Your boy Snyder should let Goodell know that it would be unfortunate if the union started getting leaked evidence of collusion, so rescind the penalty...or else.

DENVERDUI55
11-26-2012, 09:45 PM

I disagree. Playoffs are all about franchise Qbs and having a defense that can rush 4 and pressure the opposing teams franchise qb. NYG proved mulitple times their regular season record means nothing and they have the SB formula. SF will get beat by a legit QB.

Hamrob
11-26-2012, 09:55 PM
I think you give Shanny 1 more year. Based on his past...and on RGIII. I think it would be a mistake not to.

Here are my thoughts on Shanny:

1. He takes over a mediocre Denver Squad and wins 2 Championships in 4yrs (should have been 3..Jax)
2. He tries Griese...then, signs Plummer...he goes to a AFC title game..
3. He starts over, drafts Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis, Hixon, Kuper...and reboots
4. He gets 1.5yrs...has the #1 rated offense in the NFL...and is fired
5. He goes to WA...gets Grossman....then drafts RGIII...who is a rookie
6. At least give the guy a 3rd year with a 2nd year with RGIII
7. Give Shanny 4-5yrs with any top-tiered QB and look out!!!

***I will always believe Bowlen (dick head Joe Ellis) pulled the plug prematurely...had Shanny received 1 more draft/free agent period to improve the defense and give Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis one more year....youch!

baja
11-26-2012, 10:12 PM
I disagree. Playoffs are all about franchise Qbs and having a defense that can rush 4 and pressure the opposing teams franchise qb. NYG proved mulitple times their regular season record means nothing and they have the SB formula. SF will get beat by a legit QB.

I said that when I thought Smith was the starter but looks like SF will go with Kaepernick. That will make them better or worse but they won't be the same. So now I don't know if I can stay with SF.

Smith did not make mistakes and has a qb rating of 100 and he likely gets benched. Ballsy move. We'll see.

Bacchus
11-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I think you give Shanny 1 more year. Based on his past...and on RGIII. I think it would be a mistake not to.

1. He takes over a mediocre Denver Squad and wins 2 Championships in 4yrs (should have been 3..Jax)
3. He starts over, drafts Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis, Hixon, Kuper...and reboots

***I will always believe Bowlen (dick head Joe Ellis) pulled the plug prematurely...had Shanny received 1 more draft/free agent period to improve the defense and give Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis one more year....youch!

That is a pretty good analysis. Shanahan spent 6 years after Elway left trying to find a QB then when he got one he was fired two years later. I remember hearing that Elway pissed Shanahan off because he waffled on his retirement and the longer it went the more convinced Shanahan thought he was coming back. When Elway then retired after the draft and after Rich Gannon had already signed with Oakland he was pissed. I guess he wanted Gannon. I wonder how things would have been different wiht Gannon leading the tema for 3 or 4 years after all he did lead Oakland to the SB in 2002.

Cito Pelon
11-26-2012, 11:01 PM

Schefter is close to Shanny, that's for sure, but Shanny is full of BS also, just have to see what happens I guess. Wash unseating the Giants would set NY on their ears. Probably not gonna happen, but who knows?

Cito Pelon
11-26-2012, 11:07 PM

Well, you forgot the McNabb fiasco, traded a 2nd rounder and a future 3rd for McNabb.

Yeesh, shanny spent 3 first round picks, two second round picks, a 3rd round pick, two FA signings for Beck and Grossman, and a 4th round pick for Kirk Cousins.

And ended up from all that with RG3, Rex Grossman, and Kirk Cousins. And no 1st round picks for the next two years. Yeesh.

Tombstone RJ
11-27-2012, 08:21 AM

1. Shanny goes through defensive coordinators like **** through a goose
1. Shanny has too many subpar drafts and some really, really bad FA signings
4. Shanny goes to WA and the first thing he does is turn a top rated defense into garbage from which the skins are still struggling with

fixed. I could put more in there but you get the point.

DENVERDUI55
11-27-2012, 08:29 AM

Add in Shanny starts defense in his last year in Denver that most of players are out of the league after the year and not on another team.

Shanny loses the real brains to his operation Gary Kubiak who has had great success without him. Shanny not so much without Kubiak.

TonyR
11-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Karma would be for the redskins to make the playoffs and knockout the Giants from the playoffs or better yet beat them out for the NFC East.

Giants will be in NFC Championship Game. Mark it down.

TonyR
11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
...had Shanny received 1 more draft/free agent period to improve the defense...

While I understand your overall sentiment, this part I have to question. He'd been given multiple years to clean up that mess. And he did perhaps his worst job his final year in Denver. That defense was an atrocious joke.

BroncoBeavis
11-27-2012, 09:19 AM
While I understand your overall sentiment, this part I have to question. He'd been given multiple years to clean up that mess. And he did perhaps his worst job his final year in Denver. That defense was an atrocious joke.

One more year Tony. The Mastermind only needed one more year. Word on the light rail was he had an ingenious scheme to trade out of the 1st for multiple extra picks in later rounds. Then he was going to draft 8 corners. From there, law of averages said one of them had to be good enough to learn something from Champ.

2009 wouldda been something special.

DENVERDUI55
11-27-2012, 09:21 AM
For anyone that thinks Shanny needed one more year it took him years to build this thing of beauty.

Broncos Defense
LE 60 John Engelberger, 96 Tim Crowder
LT 95 Sam Adams, 93 Antwon Burton
RT 63 Amon Gordon, 79 Marcus Thomas, 99 Alvin McKinley
RE 92 Elvis Dumervil, 94 Jarvis Moss
WLB 52 Ian Gold, 51 Wesly Mallard
MLB 55 D.J. Williams, 54 D.D. Lewis
SLB 58 Nate Webster, 53 Louis Green
LCB 24 Champ Bailey, 41 Karl Paymah, 28 Jeff Shoate
RCB 32 Dré Bly, 22 Domonique Foxworth
SS 25 Nick Ferguson, 40 Curome Cox
FS 47 John Lynch, 21 Hamza Abdullah

Mediator12
11-27-2012, 09:25 AM
For anyone that thinks Shanny needed one more year it took him years to build this thing of beauty.

Broncos Defense
LE 60 John Engelberger, 96 Tim Crowder
LT 95 Sam Adams, 93 Antwon Burton
RT 63 Amon Gordon, 79 Marcus Thomas, 99 Alvin McKinley
RE 92 Elvis Dumervil, 94 Jarvis Moss
WLB 52 Ian Gold, 51 Wesly Mallard
MLB 55 D.J. Williams, 54 D.D. Lewis
SLB 58 Nate Webster, 53 Louis Green
LCB 24 Champ Bailey, 41 Karl Paymah, 28 Jeff Shoate
RCB 32 Dré Bly, 22 Domonique Foxworth
SS 25 Nick Ferguson, 40 Curome Cox
FS 47 John Lynch, 21 Hamza Abdullah

As bad as you think that one was, you should go back and look at the talent he had in the 2004 and 2005 playoff years. DEN started 7 UDFA players going into INDY in 2004 and Trevor Pryce sat out like a little baby in the playoffs. He got things done on Offense, but he left little for his DC's to work with over the years except headcase DT's nicknamed IHOP ;D

TonyR
11-27-2012, 10:12 AM
...this thing of beauty.

And here were the starters Shanny's last year, 2008:

LDE E Ekuban
LDT D Robertson
RDT M Thomas
RDE E Dumervil

LLB J Winborn
MLB N Webster
RLB D Williams

LCB C Bailey
RCB D Bly
SS M Manuel
FS M McCree

socalorado
11-27-2012, 10:24 AM

LDE E Ekuban
LDT D Robertson
RDT M Thomas
RDE E Dumervil

LLB J Winborn
MLB N Webster
RLB D Williams

LCB C Bailey
RCB D Bly
SS M Manuel
FS M McCree

Jeez, that was pathetic.
That right there alone, was more than enough to warrant the firing.

RedskinBronco
11-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Giants will be in NFC Championship Game. Mark it down.

I will take that friendly wager. IMO, they get knocked out early this year.

broncocalijohn
11-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Well, they did give up three first round picks for him. I imagine any team could have gotten him if they would have offered more and you know what? If he stays healthy he is worth it.

The Skins two starting DEs are out for the season a long wiht other injuries but the offense is rolling. Shanahan will get one more year, I believe, unless for some reason the players do not like him then I could see him being ousted.

I think he is at the point where he has to improve every year or he is out. So He needs 7-9 or better this year and he will need to better tthan hat next year. They are a fun team to watch and RGIII is the perfect QB for Shanahan's system.

I can see why some people might think Shanahan is overrated but I do not see why people are rooting against him?

I dont root against him as I hate the Cowboys and Giants. I actually liked Redskins back to when they had old Billy Kilmer. He spent a lot to get RG3 and he better find a way to improve that defense or it is Broncos circa 2008 all over again. I believe that QB is worth it and should do well if Shanny has it still for Offense. It is the other side of the ball that can kick his teeth in again and would be the reason for a firing. I do believe he deserves another year but this year better get better and next year better be near the top of the NFC. So many teams are better than his right now. He better aim for 10 wins next season or the fans will be (more) restless.

RedskinBronco
11-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Good. They better get serious relief. That was total bull****. The league admitted that they did not violate the CBA, its just that the NFL wanted the owners to collude during hte uncapped year to create a de facto salary cap even though there wasn't one.

Your boy Snyder should let Goodell know that it would be unfortunate if the union started getting leaked evidence of collusion, so rescind the penalty...or else.

This we agree on ;)

Hopefully, your boy shanny rides rg3 all the way to the playoffs

Tombstone RJ
11-27-2012, 11:53 AM

LDE E Ekuban
LDT D Robertson
RDT M Thomas
RDE E Dumervil

LLB J Winborn
MLB N Webster
RLB D Williams

LCB C Bailey
RCB D Bly
SS M Manuel
FS M McCree

:rofl:

and don't forget Bob Slowick.

Bacchus
11-27-2012, 02:50 PM
I dont root against him as I hate the Cowboys and Giants. I actually liked Redskins back to when they had old Billy Kilmer. He spent a lot to get RG3 and he better find a way to improve that defense or it is Broncos circa 2008 all over again. I believe that QB is worth it and should do well if Shanny has it still for Offense. It is the other side of the ball that can kick his teeth in again and would be the reason for a firing. I do believe he deserves another year but this year better get better and next year better be near the top of the NFC. So many teams are better than his right now. He better aim for 10 wins next season or the fans will be (more) restless.

Totally agree

bronco militia
12-16-2012, 09:13 PM
shanny is back in first place....nice work mike

RedskinBronco
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
shanny is back in first place....nice work mike

I got to give him credit, a hell of a job considering where they were. Defense is still very suspect but they do just enough in recent weeks and get stops in critical situations.

He definitely has mojo back on the offensive side of the ball. I also want to point out, Kyle has become one of the best offensive minds in the game. He is really creative with all the personnel he has now. KS will be a coach soon enough and he deserves a lot of credit for the game planning. I bet MS is relieved at what Kyle is doing just because it's an easy target to go to the father/son workplace argument

edit: but today he guaranteed exactly what he needed out of this year at a minimum, 8 wins

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 09:46 PM
I got to give him credit, a hell of a job considering where they were. Defense is still very suspect but they do just enough in recent weeks and get stops in critical situations.

He definitely has mojo back on the offensive side of the ball. I also want to point out, Kyle has become one of the best offensive minds in the game. He is really creative with all the personnel he has now. KS will be a coach soon enough and he deserves a lot of credit for the game planning. I bet MS is relieved at what Kyle is doing just because it's an easy target to go to the father/son workplace argument

edit: but today he guaranteed exactly what he needed out of this year at a minimum, 8 wins

I want the Skins to win next week and then put a royal beatdown on the Cowboys.... I really hate that team.

Kaylore
12-16-2012, 09:47 PM
How weird is it to see a Shanny team playing well in December? I love that he got Cousins and RG3 and is making both look amazing. The Chief fans want Geno Smith - Only if they had a guy like Shanny as their coach to use him right. Shanahan could make me look like an nfl player.

Bronco Bob
12-16-2012, 10:03 PM
With a team that may well win its division, I don't see why not.

SoCalBronco
12-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Shanny should be NFC Coach of the Year. Ofcourse, ungrateful douches like RedskinBronco still refuse to give him any credit for anything. All this without the star TE and top defender.

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Shanny should be NFC Coach of the Year. Ofcourse, ungrateful douches like RedskinBronco still refuse to give him any credit for anything. All this without the star TE and top defender.

Well you are good at one thing, using the word douche.

Apparently though, you still can't read as this was covered a few posts back.

Now you can go back to sucking shanny's balls. Please let me know if you have trouble reading any of this message.

Man, you really come off as the biggest immature **** with respect to shanahan. Someone must have really done something to you over this; either that, or you are his illegitimate son since shanny is shady wih personal life. Ask him whatever happened to that stolen 3K or whatever it was when they went on the pittsburgh trip for me ;)

Requiem
12-17-2012, 06:17 AM
Their defense would be better if they had Carriker, Orakpo and Merriweather playing and actually had the right scheme to roll with. It will be nice to see Fred Davis come back next year and see if IR rookies like Robinson, Minnifield and Bernstine can help down the road. Hope that the Redskins can win out and take care of business.

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 06:17 AM
I want the Skins to win next week and then put a royal beatdown on the Cowboys.... I really hate that team.

No doubt.

If they get an average defense, they can start competing for the super bowl. He should call greg robinson and ask what worked

If you put the gregg williams defenses with the current skins offense; no one would beat them, but of course it's never that easy.

Maybe the Broncos can loan Del Rio to the skins after winning the super bowl ;)

edit: the one time I want the steelers to win, they become a clown show. I really despise both those teams. They should have just blown up jerry world yesterday

gunns
12-17-2012, 07:03 AM
How weird is it to see a Shanny team playing well in December? I love that he got Cousins and RG3 and is making both look amazing. The Chief fans want Geno Smith - Only if they had a guy like Shanny as their coach to use him right. Shanahan could make me look like an offensive nfl player.

FIFY

CEH
12-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Yesterday as a big day for Washington the team, Kyle the OC and Cousins the QB

I think this say more for the future of Kyle Shannahan and his ability to work with what he has. Also good for Redskins to recoup some of those draft picks for RGIII with a possible trade of Cousins this offseason if need be and good for Kirk Cousin to get out of Washinton and play QB in the NFL for any one of a dozen QB deprived teams

Kaylore
12-17-2012, 07:14 AM
FIFY

That's definitely fair. What's crazy is I was listening to Adam Schefter and he was saying the Redskins had interest in Russel Wilson.

CEH
12-17-2012, 07:30 AM
That's definitely fair. What's crazy is I was listening to Adam Schefter and he was saying the Redskins had interest in Russel Wilson.

Makes sense. having a QB similar in offensive design . Actully Russell Wilson is right up there with Luck and RGIII. I think Shanny with Wilson could be doing something similar

SoCalBronco
12-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Well you are good at one thing, using the word douche.

Apparently though, you still can't read as this was covered a few posts back.

Now you can go back to sucking shanny's balls. Please let me know if you have trouble reading any of this message.

Man, you really come off as the biggest immature **** with respect to shanahan. Someone must have really done something to you over this; either that, or you are his illegitimate son since shanny is shady wih personal life. Ask him whatever happened to that stolen 3K or whatever it was when they went on the pittsburgh trip for me ;)

Wow one post of praise after you had been dogging him the whole time and I'm supposed to be impressed? I'm not.

You trashed him (personally) repeatedly and you were ungrateful constantly. If you think you aren't going to get called on it (over and over and over) you're sadly mistaken.

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 07:57 AM
I haven't followed the Redskins closely enough to know, but it does seem that Shanahan has resurrected his career. His last few years here, it just seemed he had been tuned out by the players. He had his favorites, and then there was everybody else. When he blew the farm to go after RGIII, a lot of people were calling him crazy, but he seems to have created something there in DC. Can he sustain it with a QB destined to take a lot of hits? Who knows? Already, RGIII is getting knicked. Kirk Cousins sure put in a solid performance yesterday, but then you see that ranking of 29th defense in the league and you wonder if it's not the same old Shanahan.

I still think Luck will have the better, and longer, career. A rookie QB carrying a bad team like Indy to the playoffs? Unheard of.

colonelbeef
12-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Shanahan is coach of the year, he has continued to draft incredibly well, getting insane value later in the draft much along the lines of Terrell Davis/Brandon Marshall steals, has built the best run game in the league despite many injuries and rookies up and down the roster, and steered the team to the division lead with a rookie QB and terrible injuries on the defense.

Mike Shanahan is a HOF coach, whoever doubted this after watching what he did for Elway, then Plummer, is an idiot.

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Wow one post of praise after you had been dogging him the whole time and I'm supposed to be impressed? I'm not.

You trashed him (personally) repeatedly and you were ungrateful constantly. If you think you aren't going to get called on it (over and over and over) you're sadly mistaken.

Fair enough shanny jr

Just be ready to get on this board and take your beating if Atlanta, gb or any playoff team lights up shanny like Indy always did.

I watch every game, that defense is typical MS. you need to warn him before he gets all red in the face with another Indy like debacle.

Good for him getting to at least 8 wins though. I'll adopt him as my dad too if he wins a SB in DC

Tombstone RJ
12-17-2012, 08:22 AM
The skins managed to beat the Browns while the gmen laid an egg in hotlanta. The wild card of the NFCE is dallas. With all the talent dallas has they should win the NFCE, but I will of course be rooting for the skins.

SoCalBronco
12-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Fair enough shanny jr

Just be ready to get on this board and take your beating if Atlanta, gb or any playoff team lights up shanny like Indy always did.

I watch every game, that defense is typical MS. you need to warn him before he gets all red in the face with another Indy like debacle.

Good for him getting to at least 8 wins though. I'll adopt him as my dad too if he wins a SB in DC

I'm sure glad you aren't holding the loss of Carriker and Orakpo against him. Seriously...it would be hilarious to see you b****ing about some playoff loss after he won a division title with an injury laden roster.

"We have been garbage since 1991 but I'm pissed because he only got me 1 franchise QB and 1 division title and playoff appearance so far.....damn him".

Broncos_OTM
12-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Fair enough shanny jr

They are not a superbowl team... yet... although its a good start

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm sure glad you aren't holding the loss of Carrier and Orakpo against him. Seriously...it would be hilarious to see you b****ing about some playoff loss after he won a division title with an injury laden roster.

"We have been garbage since 1991 but I'm pissed because he only got me 1 franchise QB and 1 division title and playoff appearance so far.....damn him".

Division title with skins? Playoff appearance? When did that happen?

2 games to go.

But anyway I keep telling you let's revisit this at season's end but you can't help it chief. Just don't expect me to not respond to your immature, childish digs at every chance you get

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 08:32 AM
They are not a superbowl team... yet... although its a good start

I agree

SoCalBronco
12-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Division title with skins? Playoff appearance? When did that happen?

2 games to go.

But anyway I keep telling you let's revisit this at season's end but you can't help it chief. Just don't expect me to not respond to your immature, childish digs at every chance you get

Yes there are 2 games to go. I'm confident he will get it done....its clear from what you just posted that you are rooting for him to fail tho. Good luck with that.

colonelbeef
12-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Lots of crow to be eaten for the tard Shanahan haters in this thread, wow

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Yes there are 2 games to go. I'm confident he will get it done....its clear from what you just posted that you are rooting for him to fail tho. Good luck with that.

Lol. Are you kidding me? I would send him 3k in the mail.

I just don't trust his defenses; injuries or no injuries.

Contrary to your delusions, I want nothing more than him to win because it means the skins are back to glory. Just take off the the 100% shanny blinders and see that point will you.

I have nothing against shanarat; other than his knowledge of defense. If he wins a SB with the skins; he is God to me.

Take a little time to see my underlying points on this subject rather than revert to your "douche" post after every win, ok?

I'll customize 2 shanny jackets if he wins and send one in the mail to you and i will wear the other

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Also SoCal, if I wanted him to fail why would I have gone to 3 of the 7 home games so far? Why would I waste money like that on something I "WANT" to see fail?

broncocalijohn
12-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Impressive with two wins with the backup QB. He is changing his ways (maybe it was more on Cutler?) but I still need to see at least one more win and/or not lose the division. Easy game next week so it shouldn't be a problem. We have seen this before so excuse me while I am not 100% behind the crowning of a division championship.

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Who can forget the late season collapse against the Panthers, Bills and especially the ass-kicking from the Chargers that got him fired? Not to mention the other ass-kicking from the Raiders in our own house a few games before?

colonelbeef
12-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Who can forget the late season collapse against the Panthers, Bills and especially the ass-kicking from the Chargers that got him fired? Not to mention the other ass-kicking from the Raiders in our own house a few games before?

this has been gone over ad nauseum. He was turning over the entire roster, offense first. He went 8-8 with rookies and 2nd year players up and down the roster, and massive turnover from the 2005/06 teams on defense due to injury and age.

He was building a machine, and was cut short. Now he is once again building a machine in DC, doubters looking dumber by the day.

Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the game, how Broncos fans forgot is insanely stupid. Those questioning his defensive ability forget the 97-00, 05 teams.

He's an offensive coach first, therefore he likes to build his teams around smart, mobile QBs, excellent O-line play, seam threat TEs, one cut runners, play action, and balls of steel. If you focus on his defenses, you're completely missing the point.

colonelbeef
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Impressive with two wins with the backup QB. He is changing his ways (maybe it was more on Cutler?) but I still need to see at least one more win and/or not lose the division. Easy game next week so it shouldn't be a problem. We have seen this before so excuse me while I am not 100% behind the crowning of a division championship.

totally brah. maybe one day Mike Shanahan will finally grow up and win a championship.

broncocalijohn
12-17-2012, 10:13 AM
totally brah. maybe one day Mike Shanahan will finally grow up and win a championship since 1998 season and since 2005 division championship.

Fixed and totally agree brah.

Typical apologist for his bad excuse of executioning of a team. I get the love for what he did for the Broncos but that was such a long time ago. I hope he changes his ways and he needed a butt kicking out of Denver to do so. He didn't realize that his **** stinks like everyone else's failures.

I hope he wins the division. Redskins need to finally see a winner.

colonelbeef
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Fixed and totally agree brah.

Typical apologist for his bad excuse of executioning of a team. I get the love for what he did for the Broncos but that was such a long time ago. I hope he changes his ways and he needed a butt kicking out of Denver to do so. He didn't realize that his **** stinks like everyone else's failures.

I hope he wins the division. Redskins need to finally see a winner.

Do you know how many coaches have resumes that even approach his accomplishments? Do you have any clue as to how absurd you sound?

Shanahan is 12th on the all time wins list, he needs no such thing. He will walk into the pro football hall of fame, with silly spoiled bronco 'fans' like yourself pouting.

He is simply underlining what was already known in the NFL- he's the best offensive coach in the NFL, and has the championship pedigree to prove it.

Bacchus
12-17-2012, 10:26 AM

He actually gave the Shanahans credit earlier, kind of backhanded but credit nontheless. Maybe, he drank the kool-aid.

EDIT: After reading all of his posts maybe he has not.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 10:40 AM
the Skins need to get some more quality pieces on D. the offense is straight and they could use another piece on the OL but their defense is the weak link that has to be addressed for them to maximize RGIII's potential.

amazing that 3 rookie QB's could lead their teams to the playoffs and only 2 rookie starters will have a losing record.

Bacchus
12-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Redskin/Bronco is already saying he is going to come on this board and search down SoCal to see what he says if Atlanta creams the Skins in the Playoffs (like Indy creamed the Broncos).... WTF. Really dude, you call yourself a fan but it is pretty obvious you are not enjoying this season and are looking for the Skins to fail. If the Redskins get killed by the Falcons in the playoffs that means they won a playoff game, that means they won their division. That is a great season for a team that won 6 games last year. Fans like this drive me nuts, I do not care who they root for.

Redskin/Broncos = No_Broncos.

Skins won 4 games in 2010, 6 games last year and 8 games so far this year and you are miserable. All I can say is go find a team you like.

Mediator12
12-17-2012, 10:53 AM
this has been gone over ad nauseum. He was turning over the entire roster, offense first. He went 8-8 with rookies and 2nd year players up and down the roster, and massive turnover from the 2005/06 teams on defense due to injury and age.

He was building a machine, and was cut short. Now he is once again building a machine in DC, doubters looking dumber by the day.

Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the game, how Broncos fans forgot is insanely stupid. Those questioning his defensive ability forget the 97-00, 05 teams.

He's an offensive coach first, therefore he likes to build his teams around smart, mobile QBs, excellent O-line play, seam threat TEs, one cut runners, play action, and balls of steel. If you focus on his defenses, you're completely missing the point.

Shanahan used to be the best Offensive mind in the game. He is still a top offfensive mind but Mike McCarthy and Sean Payton surpassed him awhile ago.

Second, one sided teams are mediocre. To only focus on offense is a sign of his reluctance to be a complete NFL HC. He has NEVER had a desire to work on the defense as a HC and still routinely micro-managed it anyway. He always wanted a defense that he could practice against versus one that could dominate in the NFL. And, it continues to rear its ugly head in DC.

I just hope he gets it one day and fixes his mediocrity. He has a lot of rare talent, his stubborness just prevents him from growing and getting any better than he was 14 years ago.

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Redskin/Bronco is already saying he is going to come on this board and search down SoCal to see what he says if Atlanta creams the Skins in the Playoffs (like Indy creamed the Broncos).... WTF. Really dude, you call yourself a fan but it is pretty obvious you are not enjoying this season and are looking for the Skins to fail. If the Redskins get killed by the Falcons in the playoffs that means they won a playoff game, that means they won their division. That is a great season for a team that won 6 games last year. Fans like this drive me nuts, I do not care who they root for.

Redskin/Broncos = No_Broncos.

Skins won 4 games in 2010, 6 games last year and 8 games so far this year and you are miserable. All I can say is go find a team you like.

Whatever you are the biggest instigator on this board. I don't need to prove
jack **** to retarded, dense individuals.

Of course I'm going to call out SoCal when he goes out of his way to attack me. Now I'll be sure to include you with your butt buddy.

I'm done with this shanahan subject, we will see what happens but I'll be here piling on both of you since you two are deciding to douche it up. You deserve it after attacking me for no reason

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM
the Skins need to get some more quality pieces on D. the offense is straight and they could use another piece on the OL but their defense is the weak link that has to be addressed for them to maximize RGIII's potential.

amazing that 3 rookie QB's could lead their teams to the playoffs and only 2 rookie starters will have a losing record.

That's what we said about Shanahan's Broncos for ten years. :rofl:

CEH
12-17-2012, 11:30 AM

So true. :strong:

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 11:31 AM

LOL, so what you are saying is there have been some dense "douches" for 10 years? I wonder how many shanny glasses SoCal broke in those 10 years banging his head against his shanny wallpaper wall

broncocalijohn
12-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Do you know how many coaches have resumes that even approach his accomplishments? Do you have any clue as to how absurd you sound?

Shanahan is 12th on the all time wins list, he needs no such thing. He will walk into the pro football hall of fame, with silly spoiled bronco 'fans' like yourself pouting.

He is simply underlining what was already known in the NFL- he's the best offensive coach in the NFL, and has the championship pedigree to prove it.

What the hell does his past accomplishments do for those that want to actually see him relive those aculades? No one has said we hate him now or hate him for bringing 2 rings to Denver. I am not kicking his dog. I am over his failures during his last 3 years in Denver as we are now on to better things in Denver but I don't forget them. I still love the good years. Only thing that sounds absurd is your excuses to not be able to blame his failures. He is human and not a God (sorry but the truth needs to be told) and made mistakes.
He is not the best offensive guru and shows how delusional you have become. You can't even be honest with that statement. If you really think his pedigree is going to be the ALL NOW of the NFL to win the SuperBowl in 2012 there has been changes in the game. I am sure you don't understand what happens to coaches that relied on the past. Monte Kiffen's Dad is gone from SC this last week. The game passed him up. It happens to many to some degree.
Redskins haven't clinched a playoff spot yet. Wait on the Super Bowl just yet. I would like to see the Redskins not fold next week and get into the playoffs. That would be a total turnaround from earlier in the year. Winning 9 games is a huge plus but with the extra pressure of the division champs, we shall see what Shanny comes out.

Requiem
12-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Tanahan daft in the draft daDoooodle.

TheReverend
12-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Lol. Are you kidding me? I would send him 3k in the mail.

I just don't trust his defenses; injuries or no injuries.

Contrary to your delusions, I want nothing more than him to win because it means the skins are back to glory. Just take off the the 100% shanny blinders and see that point will you.

I have nothing against shanarat; other than his knowledge of defense. If he wins a SB with the skins; he is God to me.

Take a little time to see my underlying points on this subject rather than revert to your "douche" post after every win, ok?

I'll customize 2 shanny jackets if he wins and send one in the mail to you and i will wear the other

Whoa whoa whoa... where the **** is mine?

RedskinBronco
12-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Whoa whoa whoa... where the **** is mine?

I'll make it 3 if you want one ;)

TheReverend
12-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I'll make it 3 if you want one ;)

Of course. I'm a tier 1 ShanaFan

lonestar
12-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Just curious for all you Tanahan lovers.

How many wins does he have?

Then how many playoff wins does he have?

Then factor out all the HOF players in those Super Bowl wins., how many are left.

I rank him just above norv and Marty in coaching skill.

I thank him for the two Super Bowl wins then remind myself what an whole he was to work for and how many rings he left on the table because of his ego in not hiring top notch defensive coaches or players.

If your owner is stupid enough to buy into the we are a couple of players away. Each year then he is going to get you a lot of reg season wins.

But when it counts he is a loser.

Sucks away folks those mikey balls must taste good.

If he gets to the playoffs this year like in the past decade one and done.

TheReverend
12-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Just curious for all you Tanahan lovers.

How many wins does he have?

Then how many playoff wins does he have?

Then factor out all the HOF players in those Super Bowl wins., how many are left.

I rank him just above norv and Marty in coaching skill.

I thank him for the two Super Bowl wins then remind myself what an whole he was to work for and how many rings he left on the table because of his ego in not hiring top notch defensive coaches or players.

If your owner is stupid enough to buy into the we are a couple of players away. Each year then he is going to get you a lot of reg season wins.

But when it counts he is a loser.

Sucks away folks those mikey balls must taste good.

If he gets to the playoffs this year like in the past decade one and done.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Dumbest sentence I've ever read.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 02:06 PM

in fairness though. he has yet to draft a Terry Pierce in Washington. :yayaya:

bowtown
12-17-2012, 02:22 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Then take those wins and imagine that it's oposite day. Then how many does he have big shot?

TheReverend
12-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Then take those wins and imagine that it's oposite day. Then how many does he have big shot?

Take Away those hall of famers from Belicheck and Lombardi and how many wins do they have?!

They can't win when it counts! (disregard super bowl titles)

Requiem
12-17-2012, 02:45 PM

God damn that GIF rocks. REP. Hilarious!Hilarious!

lonestar
12-17-2012, 02:57 PM

Since the other HOF players seemed to confuse you. Let me be more specific..

Factor out the HOF QB. And how many playoff wins does he have.

ONE.

There, is that easier.

Bacchus
12-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Whatever you are the biggest instigator on this board. I don't need to prove
jack **** to retarded, dense individuals.

Of course I'm going to call out SoCal when he goes out of his way to attack me. Now I'll be sure to include you with your butt buddy.

I'm done with this shanahan subject, we will see what happens but I'll be here piling on both of you since you two are deciding to douche it up. You deserve it after attacking me for no reason

I'm the biggest instigator? Really/ What did I saw that wasn't true? Socal is not my butt buddy I hardly know him. Cali-john is my butt buddy!! He has a dog that looks like a furry penis!!!

lonestar
12-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Take Away those hall of famers from Belicheck and Lombardi and how many wins do they have?!

They can't win when it counts! (disregard super bowl titles)

Do you really think that John was not a HOF QB before mikey came to town?

How about Brady under any other HC does he become a HOF player?

Same goes for Bart star.

They IMO were HOF coaches. They created their teams from the ground up they did not inherit all of their HOF players.

Mikey won ONE post season game without JOHN.

I doubt that he can win another one without him. Time will tell.

bowtown
12-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Do you really think that John was not a HOF QB before mikey came to town?

How about Brady under any other HC does he become a HOF player?

Same goes for Bart star.

They IMO were HOF coaches. They created their teams from the ground up they did not inherit all of their HOF players.

Mikey won ONE post season game without JOHN.

I doubt that he can win another one without him. Time will tell.

Actually John was not a HOF QB before Shanahan came to town as his QB coach, and his OC, and one could even argue that his bust was not a sure thing before Shanahan came in as his HC. Shanahan had far more impact on John's NFL development than any single other person.

Let me ask you this, was Belichick a HOF head coach before Brady came to town?

colonelbeef
12-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Since the other HOF players seemed to confuse you. Let me be more specific..

Factor out the HOF QB. And how many playoff wins does he have.

ONE.

There, is that easier.

Bill Belichick has ZERO playoff appearances, let alone wins, without his HOF QB you dumb mother****er!! Haha

SleepingTiger
12-20-2012, 08:16 AM
That is a pretty good analysis. Shanahan spent 6 years after Elway left trying to find a QB then when he got one he was fired two years later. I remember hearing that Elway pissed Shanahan off because he waffled on his retirement and the longer it went the more convinced Shanahan thought he was coming back. When Elway then retired after the draft and after Rich Gannon had already signed with Oakland he was pissed. I guess he wanted Gannon. I wonder how things would have been different wiht Gannon leading the tema for 3 or 4 years after all he did lead Oakland to the SB in 2002.

I remember listening to Nalen talking about how he was for sure Elway would of played another 2-3 years if Shanahan would of stepped down. Nails said Elway didn't like the way Shanahan was so stubborn and it caused conflicts between the two.
I am a big fan of Elway and Shanahan. If it wasn't for Shanahan, Elway would of never go to another superbowl much less winning one. Because of this, I don't think Nalen is correct. Elway has much confidence in Shanahan and his system. However, I don't doubt Shanahan being stubborn, but not to a point where it caused Elway to retire.

Rohirrim
12-20-2012, 08:19 AM
in fairness though. he has yet to draft a Terry Pierce in Washington. :yayaya:

Uhh In all honesty, I was a Terry Pierce fan. For a year or so, anyway. I made up for it by drafting Woodyard in the mock. ;D

SleepingTiger
12-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Bill Belichick has ZERO playoff appearances, let alone wins, without his HOF QB you dumb mother****er!! Haha

I can't recall any coach winning a superbowl without a HOF player or a team full of all pro's. I guess you can argue for the Pittsburg team that won the superbowl several years ago, but I think Palamalu has a very good shot of being HOF. Not only that, Big Ben is one hell of a QB.

baja
12-20-2012, 08:23 AM
I remember listening to Nalen talking about how he was for sure Elway would of played another 2-3 years if Shanahan would of stepped down. Nails said Elway didn't like the way Shanahan was so stubborn and it caused conflicts between the two.
I am a big fan of Elway and Shanahan. If it wasn't for Shanahan, Elway would of never go to another superbowl much less winning one. Because of this, I don't think Nalen is correct. Elway has much confidence in Shanahan and his system. However, I don't doubt Shanahan being stubborn, but not to a point where it caused Elway to retire.

Clearly Elway loves the Broncos and Pat Bowlen, there is a reason he stayed away from Dove Valley until Shanahan left. I would not be surprised if Bowlen consulted with Elway before firing Mike and Elway gave Mike a thumbs down.

Rohirrim
12-20-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm just glad Bowlen fired Reeves. What was Reeves going to do, bench Elway and start Maddox? WTF?

See? Coaching can make the difference. I never had a problem with Shanahan as a game day coach. Frankly, he's one of the best I've ever seen. It was his Napoleonic tendencies that I didn't like. I mean, who builds a house like that? ???

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Clearly Elway loves the Broncos and Pat Bowlen, there is a reason he stayed away from Dove Valley until Shanahan left. I would not be surprised if Bowlen consulted with Elway before firing Mike and Elway gave Mike a thumbs down.

I doubt that if Elway was in on the move, the next move would've been to hand the keys and all FO authority over to kid wonder. Man was that dumb.

DENVERDUI55
12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I can't recall any coach winning a superbowl without a HOF player or a team full of all pro's. I guess you can argue for the Pittsburg team that won the superbowl several years ago, but I think Palamalu has a very good shot of being HOF. Not only that, Big Ben is one hell of a QB.

Ben will be in the HOF.

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Shanny wins again.

Haters gonna hate.

Bacchus
12-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Shanny wins again.

Haters gonna hate.

You know SoCal, I think he is going to make it through the season, call it a hunch.

Bacchus
12-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Ben will be in the HOF.

I don't think so. They'll need to win another SB. I see Ben going down hill fast did you see the punishment he took today? He takes that every single week. I think his skills are going to start to erode.

Either that or some woman is going to shoot him in the balls.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Shanny wins again.

Haters gonna hate.

I don't understand the hate for Shanny. Maybe disagree for his love affair of Slowik. Or some of this personnel moves. But without shanny there would've been no Terrell Davis. And without Elway there would've been no shanahan. Without Terrell would there have been trophies? It was the perfect triangle where all 3 were needed to come together.

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 01:40 PM
You know SoCal, I think he is going to make it through the season, call it a hunch.

LOL.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-23-2012, 01:44 PM
ho hell no they gonna fire shanny making the playoffs ,big deal playoff appearances are a dime a dozen .
so what if he has a winning record and a excellent rookie qb .
8-6 pffft, whatever. top of the division , bah. im jokin btw duh

winstoncup bronco
12-23-2012, 01:44 PM
I don't understand the hate for Shanny. Maybe disagree for his love affair of Slowik. Or some of this personnel moves. But without shanny there would've been no Terrell Davis. And without Elway there would've been no shanahan. Without Terrell would there have been trophies? It was the perfect triangle where all 3 were needed to come together.

There is no hate for Shanahan. It's just a handful of people keep perpetuating that myth. If you talk about anything that doesn't reflect Shanahan in a god-like light, the sophomoric name calling begins.

colonelbeef
12-23-2012, 01:48 PM
There is no hate for Shanahan. It's just a handful of people keep perpetuating that myth. If you talk about anything that doesn't reflect Shanahan in a god-like light, the sophomoric name calling begins.

what myth are you referencing exactly?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-23-2012, 02:09 PM
i like shanny he should of gave up some power and delegated some jobs to others but he still a hof coach mho

extralife
12-23-2012, 04:21 PM

Elway could barely ****ing walk when he retired, he wasn't going to stick around for ****.

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 07:20 PM
they got pretty lucky today. Defense was having all sorts issues letting a garbage eagles offense move at will. Foles has freaking absurd happy feet and panic attacks at the slight hint of pressure.

but hey if shanahan can keep this going and bring #4 to DC, I will customize those shanny jackets with glee

edit: there is something to be said about division games and how tough they are especially with this being Andy Reid's last game, the eagles came to play. However, if the skins put that kind of effort against Dallas especially on defense, Romo and a hot cowboys offense will demolish them and the skins will be relegated to hoping GB and Detroit help them out, which I would not want to count on...