PDA

View Full Version : Does Shanahan make it through the season?

Pages : 1 [2]

baja
12-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Wouldn't it be something is Denver ended up playing Washington in the SB.

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Wouldn't it be something is Denver ended up playing Washington in the SB.

Talk about a win-win scenario. :wiggle:

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Talk about a win-win scenario. :wiggle:

will you wear the jacket during the game? ;)

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 08:37 PM
will you wear the jacket during the game? ;)

I would never want a Shanny jacket from you....because you aren't a true believer in him. There's really nothing to discuss.

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Also, Not that most didn't know this already but for the few moron "experts" who think this is an other Vick or Vince Young, I wonder if they were watching today because today was all POCKET PASSER RGIII. Kyle limited the gameplan and tailored to traditional NFL QB play and RGIII was dead on as usual. I would hope they start moving to more of this style with occasional scrambling. This kid is an elite passing QB.

Now we will see what they say next about the kid.

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 08:42 PM
I would never want a Shanny jacket from you....because you aren't a true believer in him. There's really nothing to discuss.

that hurt so bad.

I'll give you credit for always being the first to bring this thread back up. It's like your ultimate attention thread. Can we rename it to just the SoCal/Shanny thread?

Lestat
12-23-2012, 08:42 PM
RGIII will be scary when they surround him with more weapons and have a D that's middle of the pack. their secondary has come a long way with Morris as DB coach, the rest of their D needs to step it up.

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 08:44 PM
that hurt so bad.

I'll give you credit for always being the first to bring this thread back up. It's like your ultimate attention thread. Can we rename it to just the SoCal/Shanny thread?

Wow....looks like I made a mistake not calling you out by name. Last few weeks you were butthurt that calling your own HOF coach "the Rat" like Raider and Chief fans came back in your face when he started turning around your team and you were pissed that we had the gall to call you out on it (repeatedly). You wanted us to leave you alone...this week I actually respected that and didnt even call you out by name or quote any of your posts. Looks like that was a mistake.

One that won't be made again.

baja
12-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Also, Not that most didn't know this already but for the few moron "experts" who think this is an other Vick or Vince Young, I wonder if they were watching today because today was all POCKET PASSER RGIII. Kyle limited the gameplan and tailored to traditional NFL QB play and RGIII was dead on as usual. I would hope they start moving to more of this style with occasional scrambling. This kid is an elite passing QB.

Now we will see what they say next about the kid.

Clearly Shanny hit a grand slam with RGIII and he will get more out of him than just about any other coach not named Bill Walsh.

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 08:50 PM
RGIII will be scary when they surround him with more weapons and have a D that's middle of the pack. their secondary has come a long way with Morris as DB coach, the rest of their D needs to step it up.

Yeah he needs a lineman or two still and another receiver. He masks a lot of the line issues just with his athleticism.

Madieu Williams sucks ass, but Hall and Wilson have stepped it up.

Kerrigan was a beast today, but in general shanny needs to add; we will see what defensive personnel he comes up with since everyone knows he is choosing the players as well.

I was at the game today in philly since it's a short trip; and not surprisingly there was iggles fans I was chatting with during the game who completely agree that shanahan defenses suck ass. Nick freaking foles almost did them in, if he wasn't such a dumbass.

But I am used the almost heart attacks or the full collapses from the denver days. So nothing new here...

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Clearly Shanny hit a grand slam with RGIII and he will get more out of him than just about any other coach not named Bill Walsh.

I agree completey. Shanny is the man for QBs and their development/taking them to next level; one of his biggest strengths as a coach if not the biggest.

Lestat
12-23-2012, 08:54 PM
OL is a big issue but RGIII can get around that some with more weapons(getting Fred Davis back will help) and Morris continuing to improve. but they need another WR to pair with Garcon.

the defense needs everything. Orakpo and Kerrigan are nice but they need more weapons, too many potentially elite offenses in the NFC east to continue to be so-so or bad.

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Wow....looks like I made a mistake not calling you out by name. Last few weeks you were butthurt that calling your own HOF coach "the Rat" like Raider and Chief fans came back in your face when he started turning around your team and you were pissed that we had the gall to call you out on it (repeatedly). You wanted us to leave you alone...this week I actually respected that and didnt even call you out by name or quote any of your posts. Looks like that was a mistake.

One that won't be made again.

Get off your high horse and stop playing stupid. You constantly bring this thread back up for one reason and one reason only.

You have no respect, that's been clear for a while. You can't even be civil about the whole thing. Sorry, but you took the jab when I did nothing but just make a lighthearted joke.

So I will go back to ignoring you. You don't deserve the respect.

Frankly, I am amazed you are a moderator. I have never seen someone like you ever be in charge of board administration on ANY board.

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM
OL is a big issue but RGIII can get around that some with more weapons(getting Fred Davis back will help) and Morris continuing to improve. but they need another WR to pair with Garcon.

the defense needs everything. Orakpo and Kerrigan are nice but they need more weapons, too many potentially elite offenses in the NFC east to continue to be so-so or bad.

Yep, you have a good grasp of it. Let's see what shanny does this offseason.

Obviously, though, it gets major blood boiling especially in this thread when there is even a slight mention that the almighty shanahan needs to step it up on the defensive personnel side of the game. Blasphemy! Butthurt!

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Get off your high horse and stop playing stupid. You constantly bring this thread back up for one reason and one reason only.

You have no respect, that's been clear for a while. You can't even be civil about the whole thing. Sorry, but you took the jab when I did nothing but just make a lighthearted joke.

So I will go back to ignoring you. You don't deserve the respect.

Frankly, I am amazed you are a moderator. I have never seen someone like you ever be in charge of board administration on ANY board.

Lighthearted joke? After you spent the whole season calling your own coach names that only Raider and Chief fans use? You didn't appreciate anything he did until it was obvious to everyone that he turned your team around and got some great talents for the team. There's no jab there...its a fact. You aren't a true believer in Shanny. You went out of your way to trash him for weeks. Feel free to ignore me...I'm most certainly not going to ignore you. I look forward to the Skins beating the crap out of the Cowboys next week. This thread will be quite fun.

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Lighthearted joke? After you spent the whole season calling your own coach names that only Raider and Chief fans use? You didn't appreciate anything he did until it was obvious to everyone that he turned your team around and got some great talents for the team. There's no jab there...its a fact. You aren't a true believer in Shanny. You went out of your way to trash him for weeks. Feel free to ignore me...I'm most certainly not going to ignore you. I look forward to the Skins beating the crap out of the Cowboys next week. This thread will be quite fun.

There are objective people on here, NON-SKINS fans, who can appreciate football and no what the skins weakness is.

If you want to glorify shanarat (which is something I call him for fun since I have chiefs/raiders friends), then by all means that's your choice. However, just realize that the reason you are labeled as an ultra-shanny person on here is because you ATTACK anyone who even has the slightest critique of him.

So in essence, no one takes you seriously because all you are is an ultra shanny fan boy (abnormally obsessive) that ATTACKS posters rather than being objective like all the other normal posters on here who are civilized enough to discuss and relay their opinion and not just scream SHANNY! SHANNY! SHANNY! or go into juvenile **** when some critiques dear old shanny's performance in all his responsibilities.

If you didn't attack posters no one would give a ****, but since you do, no one is going to STFU about it especially when all you do is come looking for that attention. BUMP SHANNY THREAD!

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 09:10 PM
There are objective people on here, NON-SKINS fans, who can appreciate football and no what the skins weakness is.

If you want to glorify shanarat (which is something I call him for fun since I have chiefs/raiders friends), then by all means that's your choice. However, just realize that the reason you are labeled as an ultra-shanny person on here is because you ATTACK anyone who even has the slightest critique of him.

So in essence, no one takes you seriously because all you are is an ultra shanny fan boy (abnormally obsessive) that ATTACKS posters rather than being objective like all the other normal posters on here who are civilized enough to discuss and relay their opinion and not just scream SHANNY! SHANNY! SHANNY! or go into juvenile **** when some critiques dear old shanny's performance in all his responsibilities.

If you didn't attack posters no one would give a ****, but since you do, no one is going to STFU about it especially when all you do is come looking for that attention. BUMP SHANNY THREAD!

LOL...I've criticized Shanny's moves on many occasions. Bringing back Gold and stunting DJ's growth was an awful move and I complained about it at the time. Getting rid of Coyer was an awful move and I criticized it. There are many more. Shanny is a human being with flaws like everyone else, but he's still a supreme coach nonetheless, especially when, as was the case in Denver, he had to coach with a hand tied behind his back due to garbage cheapskate ownership. Appreciate what you have.

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 09:19 PM
LOL...I've criticized Shanny's moves on many occasions. Bringing back Gold and stunting DJ's growth was an awful move and I complained about it at the time. Getting rid of Coyer was an awful move and I criticized it. There are many more. Shanny is a human being with flaws like everyone else, but he's still a supreme coach nonetheless, especially when, as was the case in Denver, he had to coach with a hand tied behind his back due to garbage cheapskate ownership. Appreciate what you have.

Ok you got the final word. great job, you win again.

But just out of curiosity, Pat Bowlen is cheap? That's the last thing I would say about that man. He wants to win. If anything, all broncos fans should appreciate having Bowlen as owner.

Well anyways, no excuse now. Shanny has all the $$$$ he wants. Snyder gives out a blank check to his decision makers, which is clearly shanny. Let's see what he does with multiple hands now to fix that craptastic defense

baja
12-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Ok you got the final word. great job, you win again.

But just out of curiosity, Pat Bowlen is cheap? That's the last thing I would say about that man. He wants to win. If anything, all broncos fans should appreciate having Bowlen as owner.

Well anyways, no excuse now. Shanny has all the $$$$ he wants. Snyder gives out a blank check to his decision makers, which is clearly shanny. Let's see what he does with multiple hands now to fix that craptastic defense

Didn't Washington have a top 5 defense the season before Shanny took over and switched to a 3 - 4 defense even though he did not have the personal to play it?

lonestar
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Didn't Washington have a top 5 defense the season before Shanny took over and switched to a 3 - 4 defense even though he did not have the personal to play it?
it went from 10 to 31 the next year IIRC without looking it up.. based on yards..

Bacchus
12-23-2012, 11:34 PM
they got pretty lucky today. Defense was having all sorts issues letting a garbage eagles offense move at will. Foles has freaking absurd happy feet and panic attacks at the slight hint of pressure.

but hey if shanahan can keep this going and bring #4 to DC, I will customize those shanny jackets with glee

edit: there is something to be said about division games and how tough they are especially with this being Andy Reid's last game, the eagles came to play. However, if the skins put that kind of effort against Dallas especially on defense, Romo and a hot cowboys offense will demolish them and the skins will be relegated to hoping GB and Detroit help them out, which I would not want to count on...

They played with an injured QB and altered their game plan because of it. Beat those DAMN COWBOYS!!!!!!

Bacchus
12-23-2012, 11:36 PM
I haven't watched a Skins game all year, only in passing anyway. I will watch next weeks game. I really hate the Cowboys.

lonestar
12-24-2012, 12:14 AM
I haven't watched a Skins game all year, only in passing anyway. I will watch next weeks game. I really hate the Cowboys.

I'm an ABC fan. But this coming week will be rooting for him. I'll convert into being an ABM.

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 06:59 AM
They played with an injured QB and altered their game plan because of it. Beat those DAMN COWBOYS!!!!!!

For sure, let's hope. I think Kyle is doing a tremendous job. I completely trust his offense and playcalling.

Since it's cowboys, I am sure we will get more than a few NBDS Cowboys bandwagon fans. Although, I bet some have jumped ship and latched on to RGIII.

NBDS - Never Been to Dallas Syndrome. These are the worst types. Local residents who just want the attention and have a lot of insecurities.

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 07:07 AM

Let's put it this way. If you combined Shanahan offense with gregg williams defense, no team would stop the redskins.

Under Gibbs 2.0, the redskins defense was relentless. They didn't have a great 4 man pass rush, but their schemes under williams confused the **** out of opponents.

I know people take shots at him over bounty gate but Gregg Williams is an excellent d-coordinator and he is very confident in what type of players he needs and getting the most out of guys who at best average.

That's why I am so happy the Broncos have JDR (hopefully he doesn't leave). He is one of the best IMO and it makes a huge, huge difference. Especially when on the other side there is Manning leading the O.

But yeah, the shanny staple is to win with offense. All his teams are usually below average on defense and that's dicey way to win SBs. I think the past 10 years, you had Indy who was a horrible D just suddenly get hot in their SB run. You had the packers who weren't that great, but still had playmakers on that side of the ball.

The saints are basically the way shanny will ever win another SB. Very similar to the Denver SB teams. Tremendous offense with HOF QB and solid running game and an average defense that does just enough. Greg Robinson and Gregg Williams took average defenses and had just enough deception in design and blitz schemes to complement high octane offensive teams.

edit: baja, short answer to your question. Under Williams they were top 5 but that was under Gibbs 2.0. I think year before Shanny (under zorn) it was top 10 or hovering somewhere around 10-15.

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 08:12 AM
RedskinBronco, you're an ass clown.

There's nothing else to say about it. Nothing you say about Shanahan is even REMOTELY objective.

You realize you've been bitching about him all season while he's become a front runner for coach of the year with Arians/Pagano and Carroll?

Of course you don't, because you're an ass clown.

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 08:36 AM

There's nothing else to say about it. Nothing you say about Shanahan is even REMOTELY objective.

You realize you've been b****ing about him all season while he's become a front runner for coach of the year with Arians/Pagano and Carroll?

And you still don't know how to read, so it evens out.

btw, please get some help. You have some serious, serious personal and character issues. I don't know what happened to you as a child or later in life, but you have some major issues. I feel sorry about your state of mind. Maybe you will be rehabbed one day.

It's funny that they let people like you write a book. How are the sales going? we need more ****ed up people in america, don't we.

It's time for you to shut up dude. Really, go back and read your posts and your constant attacks and immaturity at not just me but others as well.

You are pathetic. Your life is pathetic. Just go back and read your posts, you will see.

edit: it's not even worth discussing anything with you because you are too imamture and a nut case to do so. But before you go in your little hole, why don't you list us Shanahan coached teams defense rankings over the years.

and then let us know if that's OBJECTIVE enough; if you even know what the real meaning of that word is.

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 08:41 AM

btw, please get some help. You have some serious, serious personal and character issues. I don't know what happened to you as a child or later in life, but you have some major issues. I feel sorry about your state of mind. Maybe you will be rehabbed one day.

It's funny that they let people like you write a book. How are the sales going? we need more ****ed up people in america, don't we.

It's time for you to shut up dude. Really, go back and read your posts and your constant attacks and immaturity at not just me but others as well.

You are pathetic. Your life is pathetic. Just go back and read your posts, you will see.

Awww some clueless ass clown's wittle feelings got hurt

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Awww some clueless ass clown's wittle feelings got hurt

LOL such major issues. Go ahead boot camp boy, list us shanahan defenses by year.

Did daddy yell at you all the time. Major issues, take the stick out of your ass.

Im not hurt at all. It's pretty entertaining to see what a nut case will write next.

edit: Is "the reverend" supposed to symbolize your struggle with life haha

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 08:47 AM
LOL such major issues. Go ahead boot camp boy, list us shanahan defenses by year.

Did daddy yell at you all the time. Major issues, take the stick out of your ass.

Im not hurt at all. It's pretty entertaining to see what a nut case will write next.

Clearly I'm the one exhibiting issues in this exchange...

Also, I've already done that and he beats nearly EVERY HoF caliber, modern era DEFENSIVE coach. Here's the results (done in 2009)

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3227334&postcount=79

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Looking forward to your next post continuing your current meltdown

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Looking forward to your next post continuing your current meltdown

No meltdown LOL.

Your life is funny to me. Sad, but still funny because it's ironic that you attack people when you have major issues.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays. Please try to hang out with some human beings, just for your own sake.

cheers.

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 09:06 AM
No meltdown LOL.

Your life is funny to me. Sad, but still funny because it's ironic that you attack people when you have major issues.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays. Please try to hang out with some human beings, just for your own sake.

cheers.

So in conclusion you:

Completely ignored how stupid you look
Tried to deflect it onto the defenses under Shanahan
Got owned there too
Decided to try and knock me for a major accomplishment that's sold out 6 times, earned a best seller bonus, killer reviews and BENEFITS CHARITY

Boy you sure owned me...

One last time: you're an ass clown

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 09:08 AM
So in conclusion you:

Completely ignored how stupid you look
Tried to deflect it onto the defenses under Shanahan
Got owned there too
Decided to try and knock me for a major accomplishment that's sold out 6 times, earned a best seller bonus, killer reviews and BENEFITS CHARITY

Boy you sure owned me...

One last time: you're an ass clown

Ok Patricia, if that helps your life get in order. I'm a little concerned.

Good that it benefits charity at least. It can counter balance all the ****ed up people with the same issues as you, who need it as a life crutch

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Ok Patricia, if that helps your life get in order. I'm a little concerned.

Good that it benefits charity at least. It can counter balance all the ****ed up people with the same issues as you, who need it as a life crutch

And now you're smack talking innocent children whose parents died in combat? And just to continue to deflect from how stupid you look in this conversation?

Remarkable man...

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 10:25 AM
And now you're smack talking innocent children whose parents died in combat? And just to continue to deflect from how stupid you look in this conversation?

Remarkable man...

LOL blame game. You are so innocent, yet so delusional at the same time.

Go take your drugs. Please don't associate innocent children with yourself. That's the biggest polar opposites. I hope they save themselves, because I know for sure your book will **** them up if they read it.

I haven't even looked at your book, but judging by how you act on this board; God help anyone who reads the **** you write.

You are the remarkable one for sure.

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 10:34 AM
LOL blame game. You are so innocent, yet so delusional at the same time.

Go take your drugs. Please don't associate innocent children with yourself. That's the biggest polar opposites. I hope they save themselves, because I know for sure your book will **** them up if they read it.

I haven't even looked at your book, but judging by how you act on this board; God help anyone who reads the **** you write.

You are the remarkable one for sure.

You know what the difference is between us (outside of my clear superiority in intelligence, looks, humor, athleticism, penis size, etc) is? I'm here talking facts (ie Shanahan a front runner for coach of the year, crushing your D argument with the actual stats, etc) while you're just deflecting with personal insults that aren't even remotely grounded in reality.

I don't even have to work to make you look stupid because you're doing it to yourself with every post. Your insecurities are showing on a pretty epic meltdown level though, so please proceed.

Raidersbane
12-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Does anyone have some popcorn? I've run out while reading this ongoing drama....LOL

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 10:40 AM
You know what the difference is between us (outside of my clear superiority in intelligence, looks, humor, athleticism, penis size, etc) is? I'm here talking facts (ie Shanahan a front runner for coach of the year, crushing your D argument with the actual stats, etc) while you're just deflecting with personal insults that aren't even remotely grounded in reality.

I don't even have to work to make you look stupid because you're doing it to yourself with every post. Your insecurities are showing on a pretty epic meltdown level though, so please proceed.

uh huh, right my insecurities? Look at how much you insult people on this board in your posts.

Proof is all there. And that SCREAMS insecurity.

You instigate and of course I will call you out on all your personal issues.

But you know what if it helps you survive, go ahead. Whatever works for your delusional brain. Everyone knows exactly what you are. You are real easy to read, ironic that you wrote a book.

edit: just to show how delusional you are about this defense argument. Ask the bears what happens when you rely on turnovers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/47328/how-long-can-the-redskins-keep-this-up

But are they? Is this Redskins defense really playing playoff-caliber football? They gave up 411 yards to the Eagles on Sunday and have allowed an average of 383.1 yards per game for the season, making them statistically one of the worst defenses in the league. The reason they are 9-6 is that the defense has held on just enough in critical spots to support a very high-scoring offense. And because of a plus-14 turnover differential that ranks among the top five in the league. The Redskins' coaches have been working harder than ever with their defensive players on the importance of forcing turnovers since the team emerged 3-6 from its Week 10 bye, and the message is getting home.

I watch every game. I know you don't, so you should probably stop attacking posters when you have no clue.

Don't bring your life issues into society man. Don't be a disease.

and someone who feels the need to mention the bolded part is clearly lacking in those areas. Stop embarrassing yourself

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Does anyone have some popcorn? I've run out while reading this ongoing drama....LOL

I think he enjoys being a whipping boy for socal and I a little TOO much. Probably posts to us while clutching his 50 Shades of Grey collection in one hand and a tube of lotion in he other.

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I think he enjoys being a whipping boy for socal and I a little TOO much. Probably posts to us while clutching his 50 Shades of Grey collection in one hand and a tube of lotion in he other.

you are right. I love the attention.

Don't ask, don't tell. You still rock.

Funny how you are always the one starting these things. I knew your life sucked, but damn this is some serious ****.

Requiem
12-24-2012, 11:12 AM
you are right. I love the attention.

Don't ask, don't tell. You still rock.

Funny how you are always the one starting these things. I knew your life sucked, but damn this is some serious ****.

http://serio.piiym.net/image/u-mad1.jpg

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 11:19 AM
http://serio.piiym.net/image/u-mad1.jpg

Nah, Im fine.

I'll leave it at this: It's a sad time for America when someone like that is accepted into the United States Marine Corps.

If I was mad, I would be the one starting these fights. I am just here to expose the nut cases, not that people need any help knowing who those are.

Man, really disappointed the Marine Corps takes someone like that; then again he probably doesn't act this psycho when he is serving or the drugs probably help a iittle

Requiem
12-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Nah, Im fine.

I'll leave it at this: It's a sad time for America when someone like that is accepted into the United States Marine Corps.

If I was mad, I would be the one starting these fights. I am just here to expose the nut cases, not that people need any help knowing who those are.

Man, really disappointed the Marine Corps takes someone like that; then again he probably doesn't act this psycho when he is serving or the drugs probably help a iittle

http://u18chan.com/uploads/data/13325/Yeah-He-mad_U18chan.jpg

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 11:25 AM

haha

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays. This is pretty petty and stupid stuff, but that happens when you are dealing with lower people.

I made a mistake of lowering myself to that. I'm done.

Requiem
12-24-2012, 11:30 AM
haha

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays. This is pretty petty and stupid stuff, but that happens when you are dealing with lower people.

I made a mistake of lowering myself to that. I'm done.

You make plenty of mistakes. To act like you are better than other people is quite delusional and signifies a personality disorder, much like you have attributed to Rev. Nobody here is a perfect person or a perfect poster, but to go to the lengths that you did on Rev, which included family smack and even pissing on the work he has done to help benefit children of fallen soldiers is pretty sad, pathetic and moreover -- shameful.

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 11:36 AM
You make plenty of mistakes. To act like you are better than other people is quite delusional and signifies a personality disorder, much like you have attributed to Rev. Nobody here is a perfect person or a perfect poster, but to go to the lengths that you did on Rev, which included family smack and even pissing on the work he has done to help benefit children of fallen soldiers is pretty sad, pathetic and moreover -- shameful.

You can defend him all you want.

I never once instigated him or anyone else. It's been a gang up for a few weeks now and I have seen posters complain about the gang ups that happen on this board such as the ganging up on Baja just because he creates a thread about his concerns about the Broncos and he gets ridiculed by immature/insecure ****s. He is also not the only one that his happens to. It's bull ****

I'm tired of it, but you know what i'll just ignore it and let these "personality disorders" keep posting whatever they want; even if all it is is personal attacks against posters hidden behind a few football arguments.

Requiem
12-24-2012, 11:39 AM
You can defend him all you want.

I never once instigated him or anyone else. It's been a gang up for a few weeks now and I have seen posters complain about the gang ups that happen on this board such as the ganging up on Baja just because he creates a thread about his concerns about the Broncos and he gets ridiculed by immature/insecure ****s. He is also not the only one that his happens to. It's bull ****

I'm tired of it, but you know what i'll just ignore it and let these "personality disorders" keep posting whatever they want; even if all it is is personal attacks against posters hidden behind a few football arguments.

I am not defending Rev. I do not think he is completely innocent in what is going on here, but you crossed the line. You have no right to complain about the board chemistry and what goes on here when you are a part of the very problems you speak of. It is the internet. Get over it.

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I am not defending Rev. I do not think he is completely innocent in what is going on here, but you crossed the line. You have no right to complain about the board chemistry and what goes on here when you are a part of the very problems you speak of. It is the internet. Get over it.

ok fair enough.

broncocalijohn
12-24-2012, 11:47 AM
How would this thread be if Redskins actually missed the playoffs next week ? Cowboys coming to Washington DC with the flex game and everything to play for and choke big time.

But in reality for me, GO REDSKINS!

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 11:51 AM
How would this thread be if Redskins actually missed the playoffs next week ? Cowboys coming to Washington DC with the flex game and everything to play for and choke big time.

Glad you are onboard :thumbsup:

That would be devastating. This fan base could not handle that, not to Dallas. I'm hoping they romp them early and the cowboys collapse.

It should be one LOUD place. FedEx is crazy for playoff clinching games like the one from 2007 where Todd Collins and the skins spanked the cowboys.

broncocalijohn
12-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Glad you are onboard :thumbsup:

That would be devastating. This fan base could not handle that, not to Dallas. I'm hoping they romp them early and the cowboys collapse.

It should be one LOUD place. FedEx is crazy for playoff clinching games like the one from 2007 where Todd Collins and the skins spanked the cowboys.

I have been on board because of 1) RG3, 2) liked Redskins back in the Kilmer days and always had a soft spot for them and 3) I hate the Cowboys, Giants and Vick. While I loved Shanny for the Broncos' SB rings, I had grown to realize he lost it at the end of his reign. It doesn't change anything if he succeeds in Washington. The top 3 reasons with Shanny being the 4th reason. If Shanny fails next week, Lonestar is going to have a field day here. He hasn't had much to say lately so that is a good thing. I guess that would be my 5th reason to have Redskins win the division.

CEH
12-24-2012, 11:58 AM

Nick Foles was an absolute abortion yesterday on that last drive. Romo and Bryant will not be that bad and will put up points. RGIII will need that extra gear to keep up . One he did not have yesterday. Pretty pedestrain lowest offensive output of the seasn (sans the Pitts game) agains the 26th ranked defense

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 12:01 PM

Lol he's SO mad. Check out his first response:

edit: it's not even worth discussing anything with you because you are too imamture and a nut case to do so. But before you go in your little hole, why don't you list us Shanahan coached teams defense rankings over the years.

and then let us know if that's OBJECTIVE enough; if you even know what the real meaning of that word is.

Personally, my favorite part is that he's so flustered that he's going back and editing EVERY ****ing post Ha!

Hey RB, it puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again?

PS. How many Gibbs family dicks can you take at once?

HAT
12-24-2012, 12:02 PM
While socals fanboiism is well documented....It's pretty funny to see rev go all macgruder and believe the MS is a "front runner" for COY.

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Nick Foles was an absolute abortion yesterday on that last drive. Romo and Bryant will not be that bad and will put up points. RGIII will need that extra gear to keep up . One he did not have yesterday. Pretty pedestrain lowest offensive output of the seasn (sans the Pitts game) agains the 26th ranked defense

Yep, that's why I mentioned earlier in the thread if the skins play like they did yesterday, Romo and company will light them up.

Foles threw a bad INT, got sacked a few times including losing the ball once and he had a handful of WTF throws.

The iggles fans at the Linc were like WTF FOLES?

Romo and the cowboys would tear that kind of performance to shreds, but i expect the skins to understand that and come with more of a Giants MNF type performance and bother Romo like they did with Eli. Fingers crossed.

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 12:08 PM
While socals fanboiism is well documented....It's pretty funny to see rev go all macgruder and believe the MS is a "front runner" for COY.

I've said many times I think it should be Arians/Pagano. It's many many NFL circles nominating Shanahan, not me.

Btw, remember claiming he'd never coach in the NFL again? Nice work per usual. Right there with Orton going to the pro bowl.

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 12:09 PM
I have been on board because of 1) RG3, 2) liked Redskins back in the Kilmer days and always had a soft spot for them and 3) I hate the Cowboys, Giants and Vick. While I loved Shanny for the Broncos' SB rings, I had grown to realize he lost it at the end of his reign. It doesn't change anything if he succeeds in Washington. The top 3 reasons with Shanny being the 4th reason. If Shanny fails next week, Lonestar is going to have a field day here. He hasn't had much to say lately so that is a good thing. I guess that would be my 5th reason to have Redskins win the division.

They are a fun team for sure. RGIII just elevates everyone, it's a treat to watch that offense and everyone is just following his lead.

baja
12-24-2012, 12:14 PM

That has never happened to a Mike Shanahan coached team. Has it?

broncocalijohn
12-24-2012, 12:29 PM
That has never happened to a Mike Shanahan coached team. Has it?

and why I put it out there. Broncos fans against Shanny will sure bring it up while the Apologists will blame everyone but Shanahan. Up to this point, you have to give Shanny credit but he has one major hurdle to go. Better not be the Chargers game to end the season type performance

HAT
12-24-2012, 12:31 PM
I've said many times I think it should be Arians/Pagano. It's many many NFL circles nominating Shanahan, not me.

Btw, remember claiming he'd never coach in the NFL again? Nice work per usual. Right there with Orton going to the pro bowl.

I can't see him being top 5.

And quit making **** up...In wolfs original fire shanny thread I said he'd probably win a other SB someday bit that it would never happen again as HC in Demver.

Hell, I'd like to see him back in Denver someday....as Fox's successor's QB coach.
Never happen with Elway though.

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 12:41 PM

And quit making **** up...In wolfs original fire shanny thread I said he'd probably win a other SB someday bit that it would never happen again as HC in Demver.

Hell, I'd like to see him back in Denver someday....as Fox's successor's QB coach.

My bad if that wasn't you. I'll have to dig it up later to mock that person properly.

The latter portion of this post is just as stupid though, but you know it and did it intentionally so meh.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 12:41 PM

You can't see him being in the Top 5 vote getters for COY? Really? He's won 6 in a row and has a 9-6 record with a rookie QB (two actually) and without his star TE or best defender. That's not worth serious consideration? Why wouldn't it be? (Seriously, I want to know your reasoning)

And yes, he would never be a QB coach here or anywhere else. He's been a HC for like almost 20 years, why would he be a QB coach here (or anywhere)? I don't think he would coach here again no matter what it was. To him, the old man is probably the new Al Davis and I wouldn't blame him one bit for having that belief.

baja
12-24-2012, 12:48 PM
You can't see him being in the Top 5 vote getters for COY? Really? He's won 6 in a row and has a 9-6 record with a rookie QB (two actually) and without his star TE or best defender. That's not worth serious consideration? Why wouldn't it be? (Seriously, I want to know your reasoning)

And yes, he would never be a QB coach here or anywhere else. He's been a HC for like almost 20 years, why would he be a QB coach here (or anywhere)? I don't think he would coach here again no matter what it was. To him, the old man is probably the new Al Davis and I wouldn't blame him one bit for having that belief.

Mike Shanahan has a lot more respect for Pat Bowlen than you do.

The next Al Davis - you got to be kidding me.

As for cheap he just handed manning 18 mil guaranteed and there was no guarantee he could play at a high level.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Mike Shanahan has a lot more respect for Pat Bowlen than you do.

The next Al Davis - you got to be kidding me.

As for cheap he just handed manning 18 mil guaranteed and there was no guarantee he could play at a high level.

Yes, they paid Manning 19m and paid for some TEs and whatnot....and STILL ended up like 12m under. What does it tell you that they paid all these sums and were still among the league leaders in having money left under? Major props to Elway for putting together the roster with budget restrictions (he's freely said in teh past the cap is different from their own budget...mad props to him, he has been a great GM, I thought he would be green, he has been better than I thought by a mile).

I'm not going to get into that again....because I know Khan is doing an analysis to prove the contrary (and I've already laid out my proof in prior posts), so I look forward to reading (and taking apart) his analysis when it comes.

Bottom line is this...when I saw an interview with Shanny awhile back after he got fired, I remember a line he said, he said something like "Pat Bowlen will always be a friend for life" and when he said that, I could see seething hatred in his eyes dude, he had that look that you know of when he has it...and I smiled, because I share the same view. I know its there and I know he's furious and I don't blame him one bit. He's going to kick the crap out of Dallas. I'm so proud of him for overcoming alot of adversity this year with injuries and getting TWO rookie QBs ready to play at a high level in the NFL.

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Gotta make Khan angry before he'll do it.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Gotta make Khan angry before he'll do it.

LOL. Khan told me he is about halfway thru his analysis and will probably have it ready for an offseason post, so I am looking forward to reading it. I already joked with him that Mike Klis will probably lift large portions of Khan's work for an article so he can curry favor with the team...........again. He liked that...he liked it even more when I told him Santa was going to leave Mike Klis some kneepads in his stocking. :)

baja
12-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes, they paid Manning 19m and paid for some TEs and whatnot....and STILL ended up like 12m under. What does it tell you that they paid all these sums and were still among the league leaders in having money left under? Major props to Elway for putting together the roster with budget restrictions (he's freely said in teh past the cap is different from their own budget...mad props to him, he has been a great GM, I thought he would be green, he has been better than I thought by a mile).

I'm not going to get into that again....because I know Khan is doing an analysis to prove the contrary (and I've already laid out my proof in prior posts), so I look forward to reading (and taking apart) his analysis when it comes.

Bottom line is this...when I saw an interview with Shanny awhile back after he got fired, I remember a line he said, he said something like "Pat Bowlen will always be a friend for life" and when he said that, I could see seething hatred in his eyes dude, he had that look that you know of when he has it...and I smiled, because I share the same view. I know its there and I know he's furious and I don't blame him one bit. He's going to kick the crap out of Dallas. I'm so proud of him for overcoming alot of adversity this year with injuries and getting TWO rookie QBs ready to play at a high level in the NFL.

So what you are saying is Mike Shanahan is a hypocrite of the first degree.

Would you say on national TV someone was a friend for life if you in fact hated his guts. No you would not and neither would Mike Shanahan. I thought you had more respect for Shanny?

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:01 PM

Would you say on national TV someone was a friend for life if you in fact hated his guts. No you would not and neither would Mike Shanahan. I thought you had more respect for Shanny?

WTF is he going to say, "Yeah, I ****ing hate him. I did all this work to put together all these great pieces for my offensive system and now we just had to work on the D and he pulled the rug out from under me even though I was coaching with the 20th best paid roster, so I think he's a ****ing douchebag prick that is drunk and senile and isn't fit to own a team". There's such a thing as tact and PR and taking the high road baja, especially in media interviews that many people will be watching. Remember, he still lives I believe in the Denver area, at least some of the year. No need to piss off any locals. He's a professional guy first and foremost...even when others arent very professional to him.

baja
12-24-2012, 01:02 PM

If Bowlen were as cheap as you endlessly claim he would have passed on Manning kept Tebow for cheap, filled the stadium and sold a shiit load of tee shirts.

HAT
12-24-2012, 01:03 PM

Put the bong down Baja and maybe you'd get the joke. That is actually an awesome line by Shanny on the way out if true.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:05 PM
If Bowlen were as cheap as you endlessly claim he would have passed on Manning kept Tebow for cheap, filled the stadium and sold a shiit load of tee shirts.

Elway didnt want Tebow anymore...we all know that. Elway wanted to go get a QB that he felt comfortable with and Manning was available. To Elway's credit, he did a great job of persuading Manning to come here and considering we were like 40-45m below the cap, we were going to have to spend at least something. We still ended up like 12m under and thats prolly where their budget was (and he's made it clear that the cap is different than their budget). Thankfully this coming offseason there will be a cap floor, I think its like 94% of the cap, so no more game playing by the old man or his butt buddy Ellis. They have to give John all the resources he needs to keep this club together.

baja
12-24-2012, 01:07 PM
WTF is he going to say, "Yeah, I ****ing hate him. I did all this work to put together all these great pieces for my offensive system and now we just had to work on the D and he pulled the rug out from under me even though I was coaching with the 20th best paid roster, so I think he's a ****ing douchebag prick that is drunk and senile and isn't fit to own a team". There's such a thing as tact and taking the high road baja. Remember, he still lives I believe in the Denver area, at least some of the year. No need to piss off any locals. He's a professional guy first and foremost...even when others arent very professional to him.

You can take the high road without calling the guy a "Friend for life"

Go dig up what Shanahan said about Al Davis when he got fired there. I'm sure he didn't call him his friend for life so he could take the "high road". Shanny is the king of double speak you really think his "friend for life" statement was the best he could come up with in order t take the high road. Sometimes you amaze me So Cal.

baja
12-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Elway didnt want Tebow anymore...we all know that. Elway wanted to go get a QB that he felt comfortable with and Manning was available. To Elway's credit, he did a great job of persuading Manning to come here and considering we were like 40-45m below the cap, we were going to have to spend at least something. We still ended up like 12m under and thats prolly where their budget was (and he's made it clear that the cap is different than their budget). Thankfully this coming offseason there will be a cap floor, I think its like 94% of the cap, so no more game playing by the old man or his butt buddy Ellis. They have to give John all the resources he needs to keep this club together.

and who hired Elway?

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Shanny would of been fired in the past few years if he stayed. Everyone here would be all over Cutler and he would be headed out of town and the defense would still be the worst in the league. I will always love what Shanny did here but his time to go was when he did get the hook. It is similar to Fox in Carolina doesn't mean he can't coach but in the best interest of both party's time to move on.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:11 PM
and who hired Elway?

The old man. As Khan told me, it appeared as a desperate reach for the past, but I'm glad the old man got lucky on this one. Now he needs to actually be a responsible owner and give his people resources to work with. No more game playing. You've saved a ****load of money doing that to the past regimes in the last decade. That's more than enough. Start spending some cash and keep the roster together (and improve it).

baja
12-24-2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBLqHn9SySA

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
That's not the thing I was referring to, baja. Its a seperate interview.

baja
12-24-2012, 01:19 PM
That's not the thing I was referring to, baja. Its a seperate interview.

I would like to watch it can you find it?

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Put the bong down Baja and maybe you'd get the joke. That is actually an awesome line by Shanny on the way out if true.

Agreed. It's a pretty awesome shot mocking the 'coach for life' title

broncocalijohn
12-24-2012, 02:07 PM
This message to me pretty much sums up a Shanny apologist in the umpth degree:
"Shanahan apologists? What an ungrateful sack of **** you are. You can't let things go and just appreciate the greatness that Mike brought to this franchise."

The "he can't do no wrong" attitude is what many here (me included) thought because of his past and blindly ignoring the present (2007-09).
It is discussable since it is football related. I don't ever want to be that big of a homer and not see the other side. MattMVP and Wolf were the very few who would criticize Shanny for some of his game plans and/or hires on his staff and players. Everyone except Lonestar appreciates his early days as the Broncos head coach. You have to be a retardo or Lonestar (could be the same thing) to not give him his due credit back then and also 2005.
Did the firing help him realize he is not God and you can't live off the past? Not sure but I think he has a huge goal to achieve this Sunday. Some redemption for his career stats.

Tombstone RJ
12-25-2012, 03:55 PM

This is a classic projection post. You have no clue as to how Shanny felt during that interview, that was simply how you felt while you watched it.

Pat Bowlen hired Shanny, then kept Shanny around way, way too long. Bowlen made Shanny a very rich man and Shanny collected $14m after he was fired. You have no objectivity in you opinions about Shanny, and its really quit amusing watching you bumble around in your hate of all things Bowlen.

lonestar
12-25-2012, 04:06 PM
This is a classic projection post. You have no clue as to how Shanny felt during that interview, that was simply how you felt while you watched it.

Pat Bowlen hired Shanny, then kept Shanny around way, way too long. Bowlen made Shanny a very rich man and Shanny collected $14m after he was fired. You have no objectivity in you opinions about Shanny, and its really quit amusing watching you bumble around in your hate of all things Bowlen.

that last sentence sums it up.. most folks only hear/SEE what they wish to..

that said we (myself included) all have guys we like and seem to turn a blind eye to realism when it comes to them..

Would love to say I have been correct in all my thoughts on players but Like everyone else I've made mistakes..

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Pat Bowlen hired Shanny, then kept Shanny around way, way too long.

Shanahan did take the Broncos to the AFC Championship Game without a franchise QB in 2005 so I would say three more years was justified.

The 2000-06 Broncos went through a pretty decent run considering Shanahan didn't have a difference maker at QB. In 2000, they were arguably the second-best team in the AFC but they got the worst draw (Ravens) in the wild card round.

2001 they were a mediocre team.

I think they were the second-best AFC team in 2002, but the top AFC team (Raiders) absolutely owned them during the regular season.

The 2003 end result was sour, but still think that team had a lot of misfortune work against them. They outplayed the Chiefs when both teams were 5-0 and went down on a non-clipping call on the Dante Hall PR. Jake Plummer's injury cost them more games. After baffling Peyton Manning in the regular season meeting, they got a bad draw of facing him in the first round after Larry Coyer threw the kitchen sink at him to get into the playoffs. Say want you want, but Jake Plummer is not going to beat Manning twice.

2004 was certainly a disappointment. They started off 5-1 and then lost control of their nice start with an ugly loss to a lowly Bengals team on MNF.

2005 was a fun year.

With a 7-2 start, 2006 had the potential to be special again but they blew a 17-point second-half lead versus the Chargers on SNF and the rest is history.

Tombstone RJ
12-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Shanahan did take the Broncos to the AFC Championship Game without a franchise QB in 2005 so I would say three more years was justified.

The 2000-06 Broncos went through a pretty decent run considering Shanahan didn't have a difference maker at QB. In 2000, they were arguably the second-best team in the AFC but they got the worst draw (Ravens) in the wild card round.

2001 they were a mediocre team.

I think they were the second-best AFC team in 2002, but the top AFC team (Raiders) absolutely owned them during the regular season.

The 2003 end result was sour, but still think that team had a lot of misfortune work against them. They outplayed the Chiefs when both teams were 5-0 and went down on a non-clipping call on the Dante Hall PR. Jake Plummer's injury cost them more games. After baffling Peyton Manning in the regular season meeting, they got a bad draw of facing him in the first round after Larry Coyer threw the kitchen sink at him to get into the playoffs. Say want you want, but Jake Plummer is not going to beat Manning twice.

2004 was certainly a disappointment. They started off 5-1 and then lost control of their nice start with an ugly loss to a lowly Bengals team on MNF.

2005 was a fun year.

With a 7-2 start, 2006 had the potential to be special again but they blew a 17-point second-half lead versus the Chargers on SNF and the rest is history.

1 playoff win post Elway is another way of looking at it. I was very loyal to Shanny but once Bowlen fired him I was ok with it.

TheReverend
12-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Laughable take considering the Broncos set NFL records in yards, points, rushing, etc during the post Elway era. Extra laughable considering the Broncos were top 5 in win % during the post Elway era. Extra laughable considering the Broncos made an AFCCG appearance less than 3 years before the fire. Extra laughable considering he dragged the youngest team in the NFL with record breaking amount of RB injuries to missing the playoffs by a tie-breaker.

In conclusion: Laughable.

SoCalBronco
12-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Rev with another beat down.

extralife
12-25-2012, 07:33 PM
when Rev is owning you you know you're argument doesn't hold a lot of water

TheReverend
12-25-2012, 07:59 PM
when Rev is owning you you know you're argument doesn't hold a lot of water

Sure thing anonymous hater with zero football posts on a football forum. Also, 'your', but you'll learn that next year in 4th grade.

extralife
12-25-2012, 10:36 PM
your

I blame Jesus

Action
12-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Laughable take considering the Broncos set NFL records in yards, points, rushing, etc during the post Elway era. Extra laughable considering the Broncos were top 5 in win % during the post Elway era. Extra laughable considering the Broncos made an AFCCG appearance less than 3 years before the fire. Extra laughable considering he dragged the youngest team in the NFL with record breaking amount of RB injuries to missing the playoffs by a tie-breaker.

Less than 3 years? What the hell are you trying to sugar coat? How about tell the whole truth and say it was 3 seasons prior. 3 seasons is an eternity in the NFL.

Laughable was the Denver Broncos' defenses Shanahan put together. Laughable was hiring guys named Jim Bates and Bob Slowik to run the defense. Laughable was the revolving DC door and not because they got promoted.

Laughable is Denver Broncos fans getting hyped every year considering the fact that the Broncos won 1 playoff game post elway era.

Laughable was Kelly Herndon and Lenny Walls as our DBs.

Laughable was the meltdowns the Denver Broncos teams would experience.

Laughable was how soft the defense was. Not just soft, but melted butter soft.

Laughable was being 2nd in the league in yards yet somehow 16th in the league in points per game :rofl:

Laughable is thinking Shanny ever put together a team with any sort of chance to go anywhere from the year 2000 and on :rofl:

Laughable is the amount of players Shanahan drafted and signed that are still in the NFL or had any NFL career after the Denver Broncos. :rofl:

ol#7
12-26-2012, 01:38 AM
Less than 3 years? What the hell are you trying to sugar coat? How about tell the whole truth and say it was 3 seasons prior. 3 seasons is an eternity in the NFL.

Laughable was the Denver Broncos' defenses Shanahan put together. Laughable was hiring guys named Jim Bates and Bob Slowik to run the defense. Laughable was the revolving DC door and not because they got promoted.

Laughable is Denver Broncos fans getting hyped every year considering the fact that the Broncos won 1 playoff game post elway era.

Laughable was Kelly Herndon and Lenny Walls as our DBs.

Laughable was the meltdowns the Denver Broncos teams would experience.

Laughable was how soft the defense was. Not just soft, but melted butter soft.

Laughable was being 2nd in the league in yards yet somehow 16th in the league in points per game :rofl:

Laughable is thinking Shanny ever put together a team with any sort of chance to go anywhere from the year 2000 and on :rofl:

Laughable is the amount of players Shanahan drafted and signed that are still in the NFL or had any NFL career after the Denver Broncos. :rofl:

You have really slid downhill as a poster. I mean, you throw 2000 and on out there even though we hosted the 2005 AFCCG.

Is this Lonestar's alternate account?

You have alot of hate for many things Bronco. Weird.

Action
12-26-2012, 03:07 AM
You have really slid downhill as a poster. I mean, you throw 2000 and on out there even though we hosted the 2005 AFCCG.

Is this Lonestar's alternate account?

You have alot of hate for many things Bronco. Weird.

I'm really not sure what hosting the 2005 AFCCG has to do with anything I said?

The fact of the matter is, Shanahan's time was up here. Just because my opinion differentiates from yours doesn't mean I hate "many things" Bronco. As a matter of fact, what is this even referencing to?

Were you in complete faith of the defenses Shanahan was putting out?

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Action is an apologist, too. Defending McD!ckless and his porous performance as Rams offensive coordinator last year.

I don't mind people who defend McD!ckless, but there's no defense for what he did with St. Louis.

They finished dead last in the NFL in points (193), averaging 12 points per game. 32 out of 32.

I don't care how bad the talent is, a good offensive coordinator finds a way to get his team to 28th in the league. Hell, I would even accept a 31st ranking.

Mike Shanahan's lowest ranking ever in points was 26th (2011) with Rex Grossman and John Beck. He has 25 years of offenses to draw from and he's never been close to the ineptitude of the 2011 Rams. Good offensive coordinators find a way to generate something. There's no defending 32 of 32.

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-26-2012, 03:31 AM
If you are going to defend an offensive coordinator for directing a team to the worst point total in league, then you are not a reasonable person to argue with.

Action
12-26-2012, 03:44 AM
If you are going to defend an offensive coordinator for directing a team to the worst point total in league, then you are not a reasonable person to argue with.

Of course theres no damn excuse for what happened over there, McDaniels clearly did a ****ty job in St. Louis...am I missing something?

Action
12-26-2012, 03:47 AM
Mike Shanahan's lowest ranking ever in points was 26th (2011) with Rex Grossman and John Beck. He has 25 years of offenses to draw from and he's never been close to the ineptitude of the 2011 Rams. Good offensive coordinators find a way to generate something. There's no defending 32 of 32.

So you're comparing a head coach to an offensive coordinator now?

I'm not even sure what to say about that, whether you know that McDaniels should be considered that highly to be in comparison with HC's or that you don't think much of Shanahan to compare him to an OC.

Either way, you really have no foundation on what you're talking about... one is a HC and the other one calls plays.

Registered this month and you're already calling me out as if you've been stalking me?

c'mon son, did you get banned?

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 06:38 AM
So you're comparing a head coach to an offensive coordinator now?

I'm not even sure what to say about that, whether you know that McDaniels should be considered that highly to be in comparison with HC's or that you don't think much of Shanahan to compare him to an OC.

Either way, you really have no foundation on what you're talking about... one is a HC and the other one calls plays.

Registered this month and you're already calling me out as if you've been stalking me?

c'mon son, did you get banned?

Amusing coming from you

ol#7
12-26-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm really not sure what hosting the 2005 AFCCG has to do with anything I said?

The fact of the matter is, Shanahan's time was up here. Just because my opinion differentiates from yours doesn't mean I hate "many things" Bronco. As a matter of fact, what is this even referencing to?

Were you in complete faith of the defenses Shanahan was putting out?

You said it was laughable and that Denver never put together a team with a chance of going anywhere after 2000. Patently false as we hosted the AFCCG in 2005 and were a viable threat a number of other years. You either hate the Broncos/Love McDanies or have no clue what the hell your talking about.

The Defense went into decline after 2006 due to Al Wilson's injury. Until then, Denver's D was pretty respectable. Shanny chose to rebuild the offense first, and had it where he wanted it. The untimely death of an emerging star CB opposite Champ sure didn't help either.

Everyone rides that 1 playoff win line too much. Just how many franchise playoff wins did Denver have before Elway got here? (2). That was in 24 years. STFU with that. Making the playoffs and doing something when you get there is harder than you think.

We were in the mix after losing multiple HOF'ers from our B2B championship teams. Unlike KFC, Denver never opened a season during that period with the fans thinking we had no shot, unlike the 2 years when Your Boy Josh was here. Vegas oddsmakers backed up that perception. Denver was always veiwed as a threat during that period.

WTF did Lenny Walls ever do to you? Both walls and Herndon were undrafted FA's. WTF do you want from them? They both hung around a few years on other NFL squads after leaving Denver.

Funny also that you ride the 2nd in yards 16th in points remark. Everyone who does that ignores the 8 RB's we had on IR that year. You know what you need in the Red Zone? A RB to punch it in.

You sir/madame post like a fan from another team. Calling yourself a Bronco fan is what is laughable.

CEH
12-26-2012, 08:10 AM
I tend to agree. Denver was never really a "viable" Super Bowl contender post '98.

All the playoff games on the road were not even competitive. Enjoyable maybe but a "viable" Super Bowl contender I would say no

Just cruise over to the Tebowmaina vs ManningMania thread to see how the arguments change depending on what you want to argue. In Shanny's case just getting to the playoffs as a wildcard team and never being competitive in any game on the road is OK but many to wait and see how the 2012 season turns out to decide which year is more enjoyable most likely because Denver was able to secure a home playoff game before being exposed on the road.

Even John Lynch said the 2005 season was "smoke and mirrors"
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91651

I would expect a 13-3 team to build upon 2005 but

2006 - Lost to the 6 win 49ers at home with a chance to go to the playoffs
2007 - Missed playoffs
2008 - Epic 3 game lead blown and a loss to the 6 win Bills team at home followed by what Shanny knew was a compete mismatch and 52 point beatdown in SD

So depending on how you want to judge a team defines Shanny's success post '98

Getting into the playoffs is enjoyable . Getting "blowed out" is not and I know Elway and Bowlen are not in this for the fun of it

ol#7
12-26-2012, 08:44 AM
I tend to agree. Denver was never really a "viable" Super Bowl contender post '98.

All the playoff games on the road were not even competitive. Enjoyable maybe but a "viable" Super Bowl contender I would say no

Just cruise over to the Tebowmaina vs ManningMania thread to see how the arguments change depending on what you want to argue. In Shanny's case just getting to the playoffs as a wildcard team and never being competitive in any game on the road is OK but many to wait and see how the 2012 season turns out to decide which year is more enjoyable most likely because Denver was able to secure a home playoff game before being exposed on the road.

Even John Lynch said the 2005 season was "smoke and mirrors"
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91651

I would expect a 13-3 team to build upon 2005 but

2006 - Lost to the 6 win 49ers at home with a chance to go to the playoffs
2007 - Missed playoffs
2008 - Epic 3 game lead blown and a loss to the 6 win Bills team at home followed by what Shanny knew was a compete mismatch and 52 point beatdown in SD

So depending on how you want to judge a team defines Shanny's success post '98

Getting into the playoffs is enjoyable . Getting "blowed out" is not and I know Elway and Bowlen are not in this for the fun of it

2005 was smoke and mirrors...and Yet we would have been favored in the SB over the Seahawks. Hell, we would have beaten the Seahawks. We were smoke and mirrors because of the Offense though. Rod Smith had almost nothing left and was still our best WR, an aging Mike Anderson on his second go round and Tatum Bell amassing over 2k yards...while impressive hardly a scary threat to anyone.

But some of the arguments your making is luck of the draw. They didn't get blown out by the Ravens on the road, and many (myself included) thought we were the 2nd best team in the NFL that year going into the playoffs.

2006 we had Al Wilson lining up without a working neck against the 49ers in a must win game...after winning a must win game against the Bengals the week before. Sometimes teams play spoiler (see Saints v Dallas this last week).

Then we had the misfortune to run into Manning's Colts a few times. We could have beaten about anyone else in the conference those years. Hell we traded Portis for Champ and drafted D.Will as a result of those games in order to match up, which lead up to our high water mark in 05, before trying to rebuild on the fly.

That 3 game slide...the Only game they actually blew was against Buffalo. We got beat by a pretty damn good Panthers team on the road, and again had to travel to SD to end the year which was a set up from the moment Hochuli blew his wistle. Expectations got out of control for a young team that was a year away because the division was bad. If either Stokely holds onto the ball in the endzone or Bowe recovers an onside kick, this isn't even up for discussion.

I am not even sure what point we are arguing. Denver tried to rebuild post SB years while remaining competitive. They had mixed results, but were where they were supposed to be most years, and in the hunt, nearly missing out on a 3rd SB. To say they weren't legitimate SB contenders...what does that mean? Were the 9-7 Giants (who needed help to make the playoffs), the Cardinals, Titans (music city miracle), Ravens (champ missed pick), young Brady led Pats, the Rex Grossman led Bears, Hasselbecks Seahawks, really more legitimate title contenders than Denver during this period?

Kaylore
12-26-2012, 08:57 AM
I have mixed feelings on Shanahan. I think he's a very good coach. I think he looked worse than he was the last decade because he stopped being able to use a HOF QB and TD. The thing is that almost every head coach looks that way when they lose those guys.

I loved Shanahan the coach. He WAS the Broncos to me. It was even mentioned "Mike Shanahan's Broncos." I liked his predictable answers in press conferences. I liked his commercials on the local radio. I liked how he could take any scrub and scheme them into the top third in the league at what they do. Shanahan was routinely called the hardest coach to game plan for. He even have advice to some of our coordinators for things that can help confuse QB's. There is no question in my mind that Shanahan is still one of the greatest NFL football minds working right now.

Shanahan the GM, on the other hand is another story. His draft picks were, for the most part, poor. He was a victim of his own success. Because he could take any guy on offense and make them at least decent, there were a lot of teams that made the wild card slot that would have been 6 win teams on if they were being coached by most of the other coaches in the league. This would leave us fairly distantly out of reach of the real blue-chip players every year. Consider it took McDaniels to give us Von Miller!

A lot of his coaching hires were rooted in nepotism and personal familiarity. Sometimes it worked out, like with Bates as OC. Sometimes it was a disaster, like with Slowick and son-of-slowick. SoCal thinks that Bowlen held money back from Shanny. Everyone but him knows that's not the case. I do think Ted Sundquist's fail quotient was quite large and may have negatively impacted a lot of what he did, however. It's tough to prove because no one knows where Ted began and Shanny ended, and Shanahan had carte blance, so at the end of the day the buck stopped with him, but that's my own personal theory.

Shanahan would throw money at marginal players in hopes of turning them into great players. He would take too many chances on locker room cancers and it would toxify the locker room. He was a risk taker, but they often didn't work out. It's one of the reasons he is a great play-caller. He was very good at trades, which makes sense. He would polish up some turds and then sell his pretend porceline and get great value in return. He also was one of the best at signing and developing undrafted rookies. Remember this guy wanted Tony Romo. However the draft free agency issues doomed him as a GM.

Free agency as a viable way to get "great" players all but died after 2002 when the cap grew so much that every team had the room to sign their good draft picks. We rarely had any good draft picks so we had to look elsewhere. I knew that in order for the Broncos to get out of their rut, Shanahan the GM would have to go.

I'm someone that believed, as Bowlen said, the divorce will be best for both parties. Shanahan was able to get away from his game and reflect. Now he has two possible franchise QB's (not saying they're the greatest, just that they can be franchise QB's - especially for Shanahan) and is the only team in that whole division who seems to have a clear identity and direction. I don't believe Shanahan would make the HOF today if he retired. But if he makes it to another SB, or puts together a five year stretch of 9-12 wins with the Skins, I think he gets in. I will always love and root for Shanahan. I hate the guy he works for, but am willing to look past that to Shanny succeed.

Tombstone RJ
12-26-2012, 09:25 AM

And how many playoff wins again?

DENVERDUI55
12-26-2012, 10:20 AM

They said on sportscenter this am that Arians is likely candidate with Leslie Frazier not far behind. Nothing on shanny but what does that award mean down the road really?

CEH
12-26-2012, 10:36 AM
2005 was smoke and mirrors...and Yet we would have been favored in the SB over the Seahawks. Hell, we would have beaten the Seahawks. We were smoke and mirrors because of the Offense though. Rod Smith had almost nothing left and was still our best WR, an aging Mike Anderson on his second go round and Tatum Bell amassing over 2k yards...while impressive hardly a scary threat to anyone.

But some of the arguments your making is luck of the draw. They didn't get blown out by the Ravens on the road, and many (myself included) thought we were the 2nd best team in the NFL that year going into the playoffs.

2006 we had Al Wilson lining up without a working neck against the 49ers in a must win game...after winning a must win game against the Bengals the week before. Sometimes teams play spoiler (see Saints v Dallas this last week).

Then we had the misfortune to run into Manning's Colts a few times. We could have beaten about anyone else in the conference those years. Hell we traded Portis for Champ and drafted D.Will as a result of those games in order to match up, which lead up to our high water mark in 05, before trying to rebuild on the fly.

That 3 game slide...the Only game they actually blew was against Buffalo. We got beat by a pretty damn good Panthers team on the road, and again had to travel to SD to end the year which was a set up from the moment Hochuli blew his wistle. Expectations got out of control for a young team that was a year away because the division was bad. If either Stokely holds onto the ball in the endzone or Bowe recovers an onside kick, this isn't even up for discussion.

I am not even sure what point we are arguing. Denver tried to rebuild post SB years while remaining competitive. They had mixed results, but were where they were supposed to be most years, and in the hunt, nearly missing out on a 3rd SB. To say they weren't legitimate SB contenders...what does that mean? Were the 9-7 Giants (who needed help to make the playoffs), the Cardinals, Titans (music city miracle), Ravens (champ missed pick), young Brady led Pats, the Rex Grossman led Bears, Hasselbecks Seahawks, really more legitimate title contenders than Denver during this period?

It's a results oriented business I guess is what I'm arguing

My view of Mike has changed since 2008 from a stats oriented view like I think a lot still view Mike from to a results oriented view and I can't prove anything but my view of Mike after 99 was a guy who just cared about that 3rd ring so he could be in that elusive group and chased it for 9 years and was "always a year way"

Build on 2005 and take the next step. Hell build on 2000 and take the next step, build on 2003 and take the next step.

Teams back into the playoffs all the time. A Super Bowl contender has the ability to go on the road and win. Can you really say that about any team Denver took on the road in the 2000's.His main flaw was he was never able to win the AFCW except for 2005 and guess what when they did they won a playoff game.
Win the West and maybe miss or postpone playing Manning. San Diego managed to play well against Manning home or away

GB, NYG, Pitts, even the defense-less Cardinals did it on the road.

Forget Bowe. Beat Buff at home. Beat SF at home. Even the Cincy game you reference in 2006 they needed a missed xtra point to win. Talk about luck

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 10:47 AM
And how many playoff wins again?

Ah, the old "I've been demolished so I'll use this intellectually dishonest argument to disguise my clear incompetence". Regardless, to answer your question: As many as anyone other than Tom Coughlin has against the Beli/Brady Patriots, including Tom Brady's first ever post-season loss and the slaying of a dynasty.

In conclusion: Still laughable.

They said on sportscenter this am that Arians is likely candidate with Leslie Frazier not far behind. Nothing on shanny but what does that award mean down the road really?

Leslie ****ing Frazier? Are you ****ting me? He wouldn't crack my top 5!

I'd say:

1. Arians/Pagano
2. Carroll (<--grew up great friends with his nephew, love Pete Carroll)
3. Shanahan
4. Mike Smith (best record and all, atm at least)
5. Fischer

CEH
12-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Ah, the old "I've been demolished so I'll use this intellectually dishonest argument to disguise my clear incompetence". Regardless, to answer your question: As many as anyone other than Tom Coughlin has against the Beli/Brady Patriots, including Tom Brady's first ever post-season loss and the slaying of a dynasty.

I'd say:

1. Arians/Pagano
3. Shanahan
5. Fischer

IMO, That's about right. I'm leaning towards Carroll who took a 3rd round QB and made the leap to start him over the FA QB they brought in. Indy was a 2 win team last year which is hard to ignore but Luck by all account is a top 10 QB right now and was on the verge of top 10 even before taking a snap. Arians taking over has his advantages as well. Who saw Wilson coming in and doing what he is doing for SEA

Be interesting to see who wins it.

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 11:04 AM
IMO, That's about right. I'm leaning towards Carroll who took a 3rd round QB and made the leap to start him over the FA QB they brought in. Indy was a 2 win team last year which is hard to ignore but Luck by all account is a top 10 QB right now and was on the verge of top 10 even before taking a snap. Arians taking over has his advantages as well. Who saw Wilson coming in and doing what he is doing for SEA

Be interesting to see who wins it.

...well, "leap" probably isn't the word I'd use. Flynn got hurt and Russell got a TON of PS playing time as the starter and really showed he could get it done.

Kaylore
12-26-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd say:

1. Arians/Pagano
3. Shanahan
5. Fischer

The one on here I disagree with is Mike Smith. His team is loaded with talent. If he's on there, then Fox has to be number six.

Honestly Arians deserves it, even if he was acting head coach. The circumstances he took over, in a division with the Texans and playing some really good opponents with a rookie QB - he's done an amazing job.

Carroll and Shanny deserve props, though I'd reverse Shanny with Carroll because Shanahan lost a bunch of stars at the beginning of the season and was able to win big games with two different rookie QB's. The Seahawk defense and several pieces were already in place before this year.

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 11:52 AM
The one on here I disagree with is Mike Smith. His team is loaded with talent. If he's on there, then Fox has to be number six.

Honestly Arians deserves it, even if he was acting head coach. The circumstances he took over, in a division with the Texans and playing some really good opponents with a rookie QB - he's done an amazing job.

Carroll and Shanny deserve props, though I'd reverse Shanny with Carroll because Shanahan lost a bunch of stars at the beginning of the season and was able to win big games with two different rookie QB's. The Seahawk defense and several pieces were already in place before this year.

I'd like to disagree with Mike Smith, but I feel like I finally HAVE to give those overrated ****heads some credit. I disagree about their talent level, good receiving weapons and then a lot of "meh", imo. And they're in the first year with Koetter at OC. I promise I despise doing it, but Mike Smith deserves some credit for potentially finishing the season at the very top of the league standings.

You make a compelling case for Shanahan being above Carroll. I think because I expect him to be godlike on an annual basis that Carroll's job in Seattle was more surprising to me.

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Btw dude, go check out his nephew on my facebook... crazy strong bloodline, huh? Even his niece has the same face.

Kaylore
12-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I'd like to disagree with Mike Smith, but I feel like I finally HAVE to give those overrated ****heads some credit. I disagree about their talent level, good receiving weapons and then a lot of "meh", imo. And they're in the first year with Koetter at OC. I promise I despise doing it, but Mike Smith deserves some credit for potentially finishing the season at the very top of the league standings.

You make a compelling case for Shanahan being above Carroll. I think because I expect him to be godlike on an annual basis that Carroll's job in Seattle was more surprising to me.

:rofl: Your argument for why Leslie Frazier deserves no part of it is another reason why Mike Smith can suck my balls. The priciple is the same to me. If anything, Fox/Del Rio is ahead of Smith because of the defensive turnaround. And I'm not arguing for either one to be even mentioned.

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 12:09 PM
:rofl: Your argument for why Leslie Frazier deserves no part of it is another reason why Mike Smith can suck my balls. The priciple is the same to me. If anything, Fox/Del Rio is ahead of Smith because of the defensive turnaround. And I'm not arguing for either one to be even mentioned.

I've got no issue with Fox getting some props, but I do think it's cheapened by Manning. Let's be real, Matt Ryan is only a smidge better than Flacco.

Kaylore
12-26-2012, 12:19 PM
I've got no issue with Fox getting some props, but I do think it's cheapened by Manning. Let's be real, Matt Ryan is only a smidge better than Flacco.

Normally I'd agree, but Flacco has not played well in big situations and at times looked bad this year. Maybe more importantly, Flacco sucking has cost the team wins. Ryan had a couple of pretty bad games but still found a way to win. I'm not big on either one, but I would say Ryan has pulled away from Flacco - at least this year. I am aware that Ryans Receivers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flacco's, though.

Mike Smith annoys the crap out of me, though. He reminds me of the dad from Danger Bay - in a bad way.

Action
12-26-2012, 12:20 PM
You said it was laughable and that Denver never put together a team with a chance of going anywhere after 2000. Patently false as we hosted the AFCCG in 2005 and were a viable threat a number of other years. You either hate the Broncos/Love McDanies or have no clue what the hell your talking about.

What the hell does Mcdaniels have to do with anything? I swear, you people are the only people who bring him up. I only contribute to the conversation he's already in it, other than that he's on your minds more than mine...and thats sad.

The Defense went into decline after 2006 due to Al Wilson's injury. Until then, Denver's D was pretty respectable. Shanny chose to rebuild the offense first, and had it where he wanted it. The untimely death of an emerging star CB opposite Champ sure didn't help either.

You mean until Shanny started hiring people incapable of coaching defenses. Darrant Williams was vastly overrated as a DB considering he was not very good in coverage. He was a great tackler though. RIP.

Along with that, Shanny was incapable of putting any NFL-caliber personel together on defense.

Everyone rides that 1 playoff win line too much. Just how many franchise playoff wins did Denver have before Elway got here? (2). That was in 24 years. STFU with that. Making the playoffs and doing something when you get there is harder than you think.

There's really no excuse for 1 playoff win in a decade. Yeah, it's tough, but that doesn't mean you aren't expected to do it. Imagine if any other franchise like the Steelers or Patriots rode your mentality. Shanny had full control, not like he was working under anyone.

We were in the mix after losing multiple HOF'ers from our B2B championship teams. Unlike KFC, Denver never opened a season during that period with the fans thinking we had no shot, unlike the 2 years when Your Boy Josh was here. Vegas oddsmakers backed up that perception. Denver was always veiwed as a threat during that period.

Denver always had a great PR team creating a perception we had a chance. The fact of the matter is, we didn't. We were always too soft on defense and never played consistently... combine that in with the fact that we had a coach that didn't emphasize any sort of stretching and let star plays take plays/days off at their leisure.

Again bringing up McDaniels... why is he on your mind so much?

WTF did Lenny Walls ever do to you? Both walls and Herndon were undrafted FA's. WTF do you want from them? They both hung around a few years on other NFL squads after leaving Denver.

I don't want anything from them, the fact that the Broncos fielded them as starters is hilarious.

Funny also that you ride the 2nd in yards 16th in points remark. Everyone who does that ignores the 8 RB's we had on IR that year. You know what you need in the Red Zone? A RB to punch it in.

Tell that to the Saints. The #1 red zone team in the league. I imagine you only watch Broncos football you know, considering, you're such a great Broncos fan. Disregard the fact that I've watched every second of every down this year though.

You sir/madame post like a fan from another team. Calling yourself a Bronco fan is what is laughable.

So being a Broncos fan means I have blind, irrational viewpoints as yourself? If that's what it means, then yeah, I'm not a Broncos fan :rofl:

Let's be honest Shanny's whole football program time was up here. People make excuse for injuries, but there is something behind that too. All teams DEAL with injuries. All of them. But the fact is, Shanny never had a strength/condition program that was up to par. Champ Bailey was injured all the damn time when Shanny was here... and that's just 1 player. Combine that with the fact that there was no sort of next man up mentality... more of a, we'll look for someone on FA mentality.

Are people really surprised there are injuries to his Redskins team? I mean he doesn't prepare them for a physical season.

Point in case, look at other teams...specifically the Niners. 2 straight years and they've had minimal injuries and really, lost no starters. Does it require luck? Yes. But it there is also things you can do to increase the favor in your odds.

Action
12-26-2012, 12:29 PM
If there is any doubt, go ahead and go back to the 2007 or 2008 roster of the Denver Broncos. Check out some of the careers of the players on the teams after they left the team... better yet, check if even had one.

You really shouldn't say anything else until you can defend this fact alone.

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Tell that to the Saints. The #1 red zone team in the league. I imagine you only watch Broncos football you know, considering, you're such a great Broncos fan. Disregard the fact that I've watched every second of every down this year though.

Blatantly obvious bull**** claim. Pretty standard from you, though.

To nitpick, they're not #1 in RZ eff %, NE is and NO is #2. Regardless, I suppose by your statement you missed that NO's RBs have scored 17 TDs? Or how they're a full half yard per carry better than us rushing the ball and have a full 4 really talented backs?

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 12:42 PM
If there is any doubt, go ahead and go back to the 2007 or 2008 roster of the Denver Broncos. Check out some of the careers of the players on the teams after they left the team... better yet, check if even had one.

You really shouldn't say anything else until you can defend this fact alone.

Another dip**** statement. Right now it's looking like Champs a HoF lock, with Marshall well on his way, and Clady likely to get there if he stays healthy as well, with Elvis a potential candidate as well. Then you have probowl tier guys like Woodyard, Cutler, Kuper also on the roster. Then you have the next tier of extremely solid players like DJ, Lichtensteiger, Polumbus, Tyson Clabo and Ryan Harris. And I'm not even getting into quality role player guys like Scheffler

In fact, let's play a game. You show me a roster turned over after a big coaching change several years ago with more players still in the league and ones that are remotely NEAR this quality of talent.

Spoiler alert: You can't. You just regurgitate bull**** by yelling about fringe depth and PS players.

Tombstone RJ
12-26-2012, 01:17 PM

Translation: 1 playoff win post Elway.

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Translation: 1 playoff win post Elway.

Exactly. You need to hide from all forms of context just to attempt to support your laughable 'argument'

baja
12-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Let's be honest Shanny's whole football program time was up here. People make excuse for injuries, but there is something behind that too. All teams DEAL with injuries. All of them. But the fact is, Shanny never had a strength/condition program that was up to par. Champ Bailey was injured all the damn time when Shanny was here... and that's just 1 player. Combine that with the fact that there was no sort of next man up mentality... more of a, we'll look for someone on FA mentality.

Are people really surprised there are injuries to his Redskins team? I mean he doesn't prepare them for a physical season.

This is something that has been overlooked for years. Ever since Mike left and Tuten was fired the ligament injuries have been cut way back and injuries in general seem to be less. It would be good to see some actual stats on this but I don't think they are kept.

DENVERDUI55
12-26-2012, 01:48 PM

I'd say:

1. Arians/Pagano
3. Shanahan
5. Fischer
I agree and your list is good. I think after the colts HC duo or whoever they give it too its all trivial. I don't see anyway you could give the award to someone else that took a 2 win team to playoffs with a rookie qb.

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I agree and your list is good. I think after the colts HC duo or whoever they give it too its all trivial. I don't see anyway you could give the award to someone else that took a 2 win team to playoffs with a rookie qb.

Kahn made a really good case for Shanahan considering the injury bug they've battled, but Indy counters that with a ton of roster turnover.

... But Wash has had a WAY tougher schedule to slog through.

Edge still to Arians and Pagano because of the significant health adversity with his cancer and the way they've turned it into a rallying point and national inspiration.

R8R H8R
12-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I'd say:

1. Arians/Pagano
3. Shanahan
5. Fischer

I agree with your top 3, but would probably flip Carroll with Arians. However, Arians might very well get it because of the very obvious sentimental aspect to the story. But I think Carroll deserves it for building a SB contender with a rookie that was not on anybody's list for potential OROY in September. Yet, he is now in the discussion.

Bacchus
12-26-2012, 02:43 PM
how is Fox not on the list?

Tombstone RJ
12-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Exactly. You need to hide from all forms of context just to attempt to support your laughable 'argument'

One playoff win in 10 years is not good my friend, regardless of your context.

baja
12-26-2012, 02:48 PM
how is Fox not on the list?

Because Peyton F'n Manning is his quarter back.

TheReverend
12-26-2012, 02:49 PM
One playoff win in 10 years is not good my friend, regardless of your context.

It's taken us falling ass first into Peyton Manning to have a shot at tying that 05 record achieved with Jake ****ing Plummer lol. Hopefully we make it as far, and even further, than we did that year, but that too remains to be seen.

baja
12-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Elway and Co have rebuilt a hell of a team just two years after the MCD debacle something Shanny couldn't do in a decade after Elway retired.

R8R H8R
12-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Because Peyton F'n Manning is his quarter back.

Agreed, but I am sure Fox will gladly forego COY for a Lombardi or two before he retires.

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Elway and Co have rebuilt a hell of a team just two years after the MCD debacle something Shanny couldn't do in a decade after Elway retired.

2005?

baja
12-26-2012, 05:53 PM
2005?

That 2005 team should be the poster team for a Mike Shanahan team post Elway. Smoke and mirrors with tape & bailing wire. Hell the very next draft he gave up half his draft to draft a QB so you know the 2005 team were a bunch of over achievers. Look at what Elway has done. This team is solid with some depth and mostly young with youth backing vets in most cases. All this in just two seasons after we finished 4 & 12

RedskinBronco
12-26-2012, 05:55 PM
That 2005 team should be the poster team for a Mike Shanahan team post Elway. Smoke and mirrors with tape & bailing wire. Hell the very next draft he gave up half his draft to draft a QB so you know the 2005 team were a bunch of over achievers. Look at what Elway has done. This team is solid with some depth and mostly young with youth backing vets in most cases. All this in just two seasons after we finished 4 & 12

well said; I completely trust Elway with personnel decisions.

Tombstone RJ
12-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Give the Broncos credit for making that #2 pick count with Von Miller. That pick alone has really helped the Broncos retool quickly, especially on defense. Of course Manning is the key to the offense. Elway has done very well so far. Of course if Twilight pans out Elway will look like a genius.

baja
12-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Give the Broncos credit for making that #2 pick count with Von Miller. That pick alone has really helped the Broncos retool quickly, especially on defense. Of course Manning is the key to the offense. Elway has done very well so far. Of course if Twilight pans out Elway will look like a genius.

We should have had some insider reports on Oz by now.

Action
12-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Blatantly obvious bull**** claim. Pretty standard from you, though.

No, I've actually watched every second and every down of the Broncos this season...including pre-season. I have my DirectTV DVR recording every game too, so I have all the most recent games that the hard drive can hold. No bull **** here.

I will admit that I watched most the pre-season streaming though.

To nitpick, they're not #1 in RZ eff %, NE is and NO is #2. Regardless, I suppose by your statement you missed that NO's RBs have scored 17 TDs? Or how they're a full half yard per carry better than us rushing the ball and have a full 4 really talented backs?

Must have changed ...NO was #1 at a point but yes that's nitpicking.

What does NO's RB having 17 touchdowns have to do with anything? How about you actually tell the full truth and point out that they only have 10 rushing touchdowns? Or does that not help your case? Or how about of those 10 rushing touchdowns, only 7 were inside the red zone.

Out of the 49 touchdowns the Saints have scored this year, only 10 have been rushing and 7 of them actually inside the redzone.

lol @ 4 really talented backs..."really talented" got to be a joke in words to describe the RBs on the Saints. So talented none of them would be starting on the Denver Broncos RIGHT NOW.

Action
12-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Another dip**** statement. Right now it's looking like Champs a HoF lock, with Marshall well on his way, and Clady likely to get there if he stays healthy as well, with Elvis a potential candidate as well. Then you have probowl tier guys like Woodyard, Cutler, Kuper also on the roster. Then you have the next tier of extremely solid players like DJ, Lichtensteiger, Polumbus, Tyson Clabo and Ryan Harris. And I'm not even getting into quality role player guys like Scheffler

In fact, let's play a game. You show me a roster turned over after a big coaching change several years ago with more players still in the league and ones that are remotely NEAR this quality of talent.

Spoiler alert: You can't. You just regurgitate bull**** by yelling about fringe depth and PS players.

Let's continue you this game to show you accuracy and nitpicking to help your case:

First off Tyson Clabo was on the Broncos in 2004 and that's it. Didn't play a game for us. So you completely failed here. Must have defended Shanahan in so many arguments you're forgetting what you're actually defending :rofl:

So players like Polumbus and Ryan Harris are "extremely solid"? Yeah you must have some Shanahan in you, completely over exaggerating the talent of players. Ryan Harris is "extremely solid" ladies and gentleman. The injury prone player who can't finish a season and not to be taken serious by anyone. How are guys who barely start in their careers considered "extremely" solid.

I'm not even going to go through the roster because it's a joke. So over 2 sesasons (2007 and 2007) with a 52 man roster, including all the FAs signed due to the injuries that would boost that to probably around 60... considering all the roster changes that occur from season to season let's say that there were 70-75 players in those 2 season from Shanahan...

You named me 12 players. Do you realize how much of an idiot you'd have to be to even sell this joke to yourself?

12 players out of 70-75 players. Think about that for a second.

I don't even know what you're asking me to show you, but I'll show you a roster after a big coaching change several years ago with players just as good, if not, better than what you just listed.

Pittsburgh Steelers, 2006-2007. Coaching change.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/pit/year/2006

Spoiler: there's HOF players and there a lot of players still in the league TODAY.

Spoiler: Rev lost.

PS
My posts mainly are in regards to the **** defensive personel puts out. But yeah, it's not like most his running backs would be starting in any other type of system.

Action
12-26-2012, 11:07 PM
How about another team more recent.

49ers with Jim Harbaugh taking over. 2010/2011

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/sf/year/2010

Spoiler: a lot of the same players. more than 12.

Shanahan's inability to put together a team with players that are actually NFL caliber is well documented, there are articles out there that go so in depth with how ****ty the players he put on the Broncos were that it's really sad to think someone could just run at team like that in a "winning franchise."

You've got to be in straight denial to think anything else, other than just highlighting a few players when football is played with a 46 man roster every Sunday.

Shanahan isn't built for physical football. Well documented.

I think at this point in time, it's crucial to have a physical football team. I'm almost positive any fan here reading my post today would agree that they'd rather have a team that plays more physical like we do now (or Steelers or Ravens or 49ers etc) than a team that's soft and agile like how Shanahan coaches his teams.

*waits for someone to say Shanahan isn't a soft coach because Redskins are #1 in rushing* :rofl:

Action
12-26-2012, 11:15 PM
2005?
Give it up for...

Larry Coyer and Gary Kubiak

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/citizen_cane.gif

ol#7
12-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Give it up for...

Larry Coyer and Gary Kubiak

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/citizen_cane.gif

But I though you said the assistant coaches he hired were laughable?

Josh called, he said you forgot to wipe your face.

Action
12-27-2012, 02:01 AM
But I though you said the assistant coaches he hired were laughable?

Josh called, he said you forgot to wipe your face.

Are you really stooping to this level of stupidity? We all know damn well Kubiak is a great offensive coach. Larry Coyer was let go as the scape goat. Larry Coyer was ok, but Kubiak was great and he was hired in 1995. Kubiak had the same soft football blood in him too as you saw with the Texans until they hired a real defensive coach.

When someone throws out a general statement, you can't just nitpick some little **** like Rev and act as if that disproves the whole statement.

Are you saying that Shanahan hired great coaches or something? If he did, he wouldn't have been in the position he was in.

Josh called, and he said he loves that he's in your thoughts 24/7. I can't even match you there bud, you can have Josh all to yourself :rofl:

ol#7
12-27-2012, 02:01 AM

And you know what, Shanahan knew that team was all smoke and mirrors, which is why he blew it up. I really don't see how you can fault him for dragging what was left of the b2b teams to another Championship, realizing that was as far as he could get it, and hitting the reset button.

Really, I think 2006-08 you can actually see his rebuilding plan taking shape. It is the only time post Elway where there was a coherent rebuild plan. If anything, he coached too well, and we could have used a really down year to get a better pick. I will always lament the fact he didn't get one last year to address the defense. I think that was a team that was ready to turn the corner with one solid offseason. Instead we got McD needlessly hitting the reset button on the parts that had been assembled.

We are quite lucky to be in this position. The Manning scenario has never happened before, and we are even more fortunate that he has actually been able to return to form. While you can credit the braintrust, that is the type of hail mary a front office normally doesn't have an opportunity to make. What they do post Manning though should be what they are graded on. Hopefully not for several more years though.

I still think our depth is pretty bad. Just like when Elway was here, Manning makes alot of guys look/play better than they are. If anything, I think this proves that a franchise QB is a must in the NFL. Without it you have to be perfect assembling talent to keep pace. Hell trade Griese/Plummer for Manning and how many more championships would those supposedly talent deficient teams have netted? We weren't 2-14 talent level bad post Elway. The Colts really screwed Manning with what they gave him to work with all those years.

ol#7
12-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Are you really stooping to this level of stupidity? We all know damn well Kubiak is a great offensive coach. Larry Coyer was let go as the scape goat. Larry Coyer was ok, but Kubiak was great and he was hired in 1995. Kubiak had the same soft football blood in him too as you saw with the Texans until they hired a real defensive coach.

Josh called, and he said he loves that he's in your thoughts 24/7. I can't even match you there bud, you can have Josh all to yourself :rofl:

Oh, now Kubiak is soft because he inherited a broken David Carr and a mess of a Texans team.

I love Wade Phillips, but he is as soft as they come. An OK coordinator though. Hardly the Reason the rest of the AFC has been chasing the Texans all year or the fact that they rode a 3rd string rookie QB to the second round of the playoffs last year though.

Action
12-27-2012, 02:11 AM
And you know what, Shanahan knew that team was all smoke and mirrors, which is why he blew it up. I really don't see how you can fault him for dragging what was left of the b2b teams to another Championship, realizing that was as far as he could get it, and hitting the reset button.

So you can't fault him for the team he put out? What? I mean he's had the team since 1995, for 10 years until the point you're talking about...and you can't fault him?

You'd think in 10 years a coach of his caliber can develop an environment where you don't have to blow **** up. That's the whole thing with Elway here, and he's BUILDING a real foundation... not just with players but with how the team operates.

Really, I think 2006-08 you can actually see his rebuilding plan taking shape. It is the only time post Elway where there was a coherent rebuild plan. If anything, he coached too well, and we could have used a really down year to get a better pick. I will always lament the fact he didn't get one last year to address the defense. I think that was a team that was ready to turn the corner with one solid offseason. Instead we got McD needlessly hitting the reset button on the parts that had been assembled.

What coherent plan are you talking about? Because we had offensive weapons that had ****ed up character traits? Did you actually go through the 2006-2008 rosters and see who is still in the NFL after the Broncos put them on the team?

McDaniels hit reset on defense which was much needed. Not to mention McDaniels was put in a financial **** hole Shanahan left over. Again, SHANAHAN PUT THE BRONCOS IN A FINANCIAL **** HOLE.

Before all this McDaniels talk starts, he shouldn't have been responsible for this anyways and Denver should have hired a real GM.

We are quite lucky to be in this position. The Manning scenario has never happened before, and we are even more fortunate that he has actually been able to return to form. While you can credit the braintrust, that is the type of hail mary a front office normally doesn't have an opportunity to make. What they do post Manning though should be what they are graded on. Hopefully not for several more years though.

Oh right because they do WITH Manning won't be graded? What kind of reality are you in?

I still think our depth is pretty bad. Just like when Elway was here, Manning makes alot of guys look/play better than they are. If anything, I think this proves that a franchise QB is a must in the NFL.

You still think our depth is pretty bad?

So Manning is making the defense play better/look even though there has been numerous times the defense has scored and numerous times the offensive hit a lull going 3 and out?

We've had injuries at damn near every position and we're still the only team top 5 on offense and defense-- points AND yardage... lay down the crack pipe.

Stop following football all together and just sit in your rocking chair and watch the super bowl seasons on repeat...if you get bored just watch the 2006-2008 season so you can see this great coherent plan that Shanahan was putting together....:rofl:ROFL!LOL

Action
12-27-2012, 02:19 AM
Oh, now Kubiak is soft because he inherited a broken David Carr and a mess of a Texans team.

I love Wade Phillips, but he is as soft as they come. An OK coordinator though. Hardly the Reason the rest of the AFC has been chasing the Texans all year or the fact that they rode a 3rd string rookie QB to the second round of the playoffs last year though.

Did you see the Texans defense before Wade Phillips? They were 30 in the league... 30TH IN THE LEAGUE

Have you seen the Texans defense when they hired Wade Phillips? Last year they were number 2 in yardage and 4 in points.

Did you see how the Broncos oline got manhandled this year when we played the Texans?

I know know much about Wade Phillips past as a DC but I know damn well in Houston he's put together a physical attacking defense. I also know because I had them on my fantasy squad for part of the year :rofl:

He's done a FANTASTIC job as DC in Houston...

Kubiak was damn near going to get fired until Wade Phillips got hired.

Lay down the crack pipe.

ol#7
12-27-2012, 02:33 AM
Wait, I thought injuries weren't supposed to happen after Shanahan left?

Yes judge how many players are left from 2006-08 in a league where the average career is 4 years. Seems fair. You bagged on Walls and Herndon, both of which played for other teams for 3 more seasons after leaving the Broncos.

I am not sure I can break this down any further for you. Shanny tried to retool with what was left post SB run, and we stayed in the mix and nearly won a 3rd title. That was what was expected of him and the franchise, and that was what they delivered. He never did blow anything up. Hence the reason we were playing for a playoff spot in 2006. He coached too well for that. What he did was try and get an elite QB. Adding a couple D-lineman to the Jake Plummer led Bronco's was never going to be good enough.

I already stated elite QB play masks talent deficiencies. This is pretty much the same team talent wise as the 8-8 Tebow led Bronco's. What other pieces have they really added this year? Maybe you can make another post breaking down Hillman, and diagram why we are winning at a 5+ game better rate with him on the roster.

This is the same team that was starting Joe Mays and continues to trot Ramirez out there to get owned. They are extremely thiiiiiin at alot of spots, and are getting damn lucky that a couple of FA CB's are panning out....Just like Walls and Herndon.

Not too sure we have any kind of Foundation if Manning goes down. Honestly I think without 18 we would suck. Hopefully we don't have to find that out anytime soon.

ol#7
12-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Did you see the Texans defense before Wade Phillips? They were 30 in the league... 30TH IN THE LEAGUE

Have you seen the Texans defense when they hired Wade Phillips? Last year they were number 2 in yardage and 4 in points.

Did you see how the Broncos oline got manhandled this year when we played the Texans?

I know know much about Wade Phillips past as a DC but I know damn well in Houston he's put together a physical attacking defense. I also know because I had them on my fantasy squad for part of the year :rofl:

He's done a FANTASTIC job as DC in Houston...

Kubiak was damn near going to get fired until Wade Phillips got hired.

Lay down the crack pipe.

Before they got Phillips, they had a terrible secondary. Phillips is a good coordinator, but to say that he is the only reason the Texans are having any success is laughable. Kubiak is a damn good coach.

But I see, you can only like/acknowledge the coaches that Action likes/acknowledges or else your doing smack. Any other opinion is laughable.

Action
12-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Wait, I thought injuries weren't supposed to happen after Shanahan left?

Yes judge how many players are left from 2006-08 in a league where the average career is 4 years. Seems fair. You bagged on Walls and Herndon, both of which played for other teams for 3 more seasons after leaving the Broncos.

I am not sure I can break this down any further for you. Shanny tried to retool with what was left post SB run, and we stayed in the mix and nearly won a 3rd title. That was what was expected of him and the franchise, and that was what they delivered. He never did blow anything up. Hence the reason we were playing for a playoff spot in 2006. He coached too well for that. What he did was try and get an elite QB. Adding a couple D-lineman to the Jake Plummer led Bronco's was never going to be good enough.

I already stated elite QB play masks talent deficiencies. This is pretty much the same team talent wise as the 8-8 Tebow led Bronco's. What other pieces have they really added this year? Maybe you can make another post breaking down Hillman, and diagram why we are winning at a 5+ game better rate with him on the roster.

This is the same team that was starting Joe Mays and continues to trot Ramirez out there to get owned. They are extremely thiiiiiin at alot of spots, and are getting damn lucky that a couple of FA CB's are panning out....Just like Walls and Herndon.

Not too sure we have any kind of Foundation if Manning goes down. Honestly I think without 18 we would suck. Hopefully we don't have to find that out anytime soon.

You really have no rational brain cell and to try and bash me for providing this forum with a play by play break down of Ronnie Hillman to HELP others see what offensive line is doing, goes to show the absolute length you're willing to go to make a point.

Jabbing me for taking pictures and breaking down plays for the forum? Is this a joke?

We just won the playoffs and the division a year ago, and you say we would suck.

I just told you we've had injuries at damn near every position, yet you make no valid point by saying we have Ramirez and Joe Mays. Seriously?

You must be one of those people who think that there should be a starter-caliber player behind every other starter on the team.

Like I said, you really have no rational brain cell.

Saying that Elway won't be graded until after Manning has got to be one of the dumbest things to be said to cap off this year.

Congratulations.

PS
Herndon and Walls played in the league for 2 more years after the Broncos let them go, get your damn facts straight and stop jading them in your favor. Unless you're counting Herndon's last season of 4 games and 2 tackles. :rofl:

Action
12-27-2012, 03:01 AM
Before they got Phillips, they had a terrible secondary. Phillips is a good coordinator, but to say that he is the only reason the Texans are having any success is laughable. Kubiak is a damn good coach.

But I see, you can only like/acknowledge the coaches that Action likes/acknowledges or else your doing smack. Any other opinion is laughable.

Of course he's not the only reason, but he's a huge reason... I just told you Kubiak was about to get fired before Phillips came along, what part of that don't you understand?

I also just said a few posts up...

We all know damn well Kubiak is a great offensive coach.

ol#7
12-27-2012, 03:06 AM
You really have no rational brain cell and to try and bash me for providing this forum with a play by play break down of Ronnie Hillman to HELP others see what offensive line is doing, goes to show the absolute length you're willing to go to make a point.

Jabbing me for taking pictures and breaking down plays for the forum? Is this a joke?

We just won the playoffs and the division a year ago, and you say we would suck.

I just told you we've had injuries at damn near every position, yet you make no valid point by saying we have Ramirez and Joe Mays. Seriously?

You must be one of those people who think that there should be a starter-caliber player behind every other starter on the team.

Like I said, you really have no rational brain cell.

Saying that Elway won't be graded until after Manning has got to be one of the dumbest things to be said to cap off this year.

Congratulations.

PS
Herndon and Walls played in the league for 2 more years after the Broncos let them go, get your damn facts straight and stop jading them in your favor. Unless you're counting Herndon's last season of 4 games and 2 tackles. :rofl:

Did Herndon make an NFL roster 3 years after leaving the Broncos? Then yes. But it's funny to think about a pro athlete making a team, since I am sure you have done that and more. ROFL!!!!!

Aside from Manning, what foundational pieces has Elway added to last years 8-8 team? Wolfe pretty good. Everyone else is a situational player at best, and their true value has yet to be tested. Grade is incomplete, but you read that as bashing.

I am elated that they are doing this well. I didn't think they had enough talent for Manning to make this much of a difference. Doesn't mean that they aren't playing better with Manning than they would have with just about anyone else they could have played at QB this year though.

My point was an Elite QB probably is worth 5,6,7,8 wins to a team, all things being relative. That kind of talent swing is hard to judge against as there are few truly Elite QB's. With our schedule this year, same draft/FA's, and Tebow (who I wanted back) we might only win 6-7 games this year. Elway knows this. Elway drug some pretty mediocre teams to championships. But to say that this roster has a solid foundation with or without Manning...Shows you have no perspective on the matter.

Action
12-27-2012, 03:06 AM

What kind of crackhead logic is this?

So from the last super bowl to the season you're talking about, 7 years later, it took that long to win a playoff game?

It took 7 years after the last super bowl to win a playoff game. :rofl: Think about that son... what winning franchise can accept this?

NONE.

Action
12-27-2012, 03:13 AM
Did Herndon make an NFL roster 3 years after leaving the Broncos? Then yes. But it's funny to think about a pro athlete making a team, since I am sure you have done that and more. ROFL!!!!!

Since when are we comparing me to an NFL player?

Someone else can break down the rest of your garbage. That crack pipe must have burned every single rational brain cell in your head.

ELWAY won't be graded until Manning leaves guys, did you hear?

Guys, did you hear? We have no depth. For examples guys, we lost two starters on the dline to IR and we still have a top 5 defense and 3rd best defense against the run. How about losing our 2nd CB. Or losing our 2nd best safety last year to IR. Or how about losing our MLB who sucked.

Guys, we're not that good.

Until Manning leaves, Elway won't be graded and this season won't count for Elway.

Guys, I'M A REAL BRONCOS FAN BECAUSE I THINK ABOUT MCDANIELS ALL THE TIME AND I HATE HIM SO MUCH! GRRRRRRR.

*puffs the crack pipe*

out.

Action
12-27-2012, 03:16 AM
I know most people probably won't appreciate the tone, language, and how I came off in the last few posts/pages...but I really can't imagine anyone agreeing or seeing what the **** ol#7 is talking about either.

broncocalijohn
12-27-2012, 11:04 AM
I know most people probably won't appreciate the tone, language, and how I came off in the last few posts/pages...but I really can't imagine anyone agreeing or seeing what the **** ol#7 is talking about either.

You nailed it. You learned how to do it Mane style so no need to apologize.

broncocalijohn
12-27-2012, 11:10 AM

When someone throws out a general statement, you can't just nitpick some little **** like Rev and act as if that disproves the whole statement.

Are you saying that Shanahan hired great coaches or something? If he did, he wouldn't have been in the position he was in.

4 DC in 4 years with Coyer getting us to the playoffs. It worked so well after Coyer left. It ended with the hire of SLowick who was a disaster in Green Bay yet was still brought in by Shanny. Stupid move that helped him get fired.

TheReverend
12-27-2012, 12:37 PM

Because you're a ****ing douche that's had to re register for being laughed off the board already. You ignored my statement of finding superior comparisons and instead your response was 70-75 players on that roster? So now you're not only criticizing PS depth, but TC fodder as well.

Bravo, you're a new kind of loser.

You're worth no one's time here Freak6. Whether you go by that name or vonqkilla you'll always be a joke.

baja
12-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Because you're a ****ing douche that's had to re register for being laughed off the board already. You ignored my statement of finding superior comparisons and instead your response was 70-75 players on that roster? So now you're not only criticizing PS depth, but TC fodder as well.

Bravo, you're a new kind of loser.

You're worth no one's time here Freak6. Whether you go by that name or vonqkilla you'll always be a joke.

Hey maybe he's the real MacGruder too.

I think it's great you address the argument and don't stoop to name calling, totally shows your maturity.

Action
12-27-2012, 01:58 PM

I didn't ignore anything... I listed teams.

Ignoring is what you did to the various points I brought up about Shanahan. And if you couldn't understand my logic of 70-75 players, then you should probably go back to high school and take some classes on proportions/ratios or something.

You even named 1 that wasn't even on the damn roster since 2004 and never played for us so you must feel Shanny deserves credit for a guy that never played for the Broncos...

Your bias is out this damn world and you must have a crack pipe stored some where too.

Action
12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
You nailed it. You learned how to do it Mane style so no need to apologize.

Yeah, I've recently stooped down to this mane posting style and I know I haven't gained many fans.

But you know when I post play by play break downs of players that takes some time, I get people like ol#7 jabbing me about it... hilarious :rofl:

gunns
12-27-2012, 02:07 PM

I'd really like to see these NFL record points, rushing, etc. during the post Elway era. All I can find is one year yards per attempt rushing and rushing attempts.

As far as dragging the youngest team in the NFL to missing the playoffs by a tie-breaker, sounds like sugar coating to me. Maybe it was also because we lost 4 out of the last 6 games. Stats don't always tell the whole story. Love the way you use injuries as an excuse for whatever team you are promoting that really isn't as good as you think.

And 3 years after making the AFCC? How many years should we have given him considering his stubborness with the defense, his revolving door with defensive coaches, to finally settle on a guy that helped us maintain a 30th ranked D. Not to mention his drafts and free agency that he did not know what to do with the guys he got. But many of them are performing now, either for us or other teams or not in the league at all.

In conclusion: questionable sugar coating.

bombay
12-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I think a large % of Broncos fans like Shanny and wish him well when he's not playing us. A lot of memorable football under his leadership.

Bacchus
12-27-2012, 02:12 PM

LOL.... Shanhan never had Peyton Manning.

baja
12-27-2012, 02:21 PM

No but he had his hand picked franchise qb in Jay Cutler and he gave the final go ahead on every single player on his roster for his entire tenure here.

Sure Manning is a big piece but it's the rest of what Elway put together that has made this team special.

gunns
12-27-2012, 02:24 PM

He never had this defense either.

Bacchus
12-27-2012, 02:44 PM
No but he had his hand picked franchise qb in Jay Cutler and he gave the final go ahead on every single player on his roster for his entire tenure here.

Sure Manning is a big piece but it's the rest of what Elway put together that has made this team special.

I's sure Shanny agrees with the fact that he spent too long thinking he could win a SB with Brian Griese and Jake Plummer all the while he was being eliminated in the playoffs by Ben Roethelssberger and Peyton Manning. That is why he pulled the plug on Plummer. He knew Denver would not get through Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethelessberger in the AFC with Plummer. He went to DC and he saw the same thing was happening. So he pulled the trigger ang got RGIII. Now he will be able to utilize the full Shanhan playbook and even expand it. Shanahan wasted a few years in Denver on QBs that can't win and eventually it cost him his job. It looks like he learned his lesson in Washington and they will be a team that can win the SB for years to come because of it.

Cito Pelon
12-27-2012, 07:57 PM

You realize you've been b****ing about him all season while he's become a front runner for coach of the year with Arians/Pagano and Carroll?

They were 3-6, Rev. Were you calling Shanny a front-runner for coach of the year at that point? Tool.

Gutless Drunk
01-01-2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120843/article/report-redskins-weigh-extension-for-mike-shanahan

The Washington Post reported the playoff-bound Redskins are "seriously considering" a contract extension this offseason for coach Mike Shanahan, according to multiple people with knowledge of the team's planning.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I think a large % of Broncos fans like Shanny and wish him well when he's not playing us. A lot of memorable football under his leadership.

Oh, there are a few here that would want Shanny to beat the Broncos to show Pat that he made a mistake.

RedskinBronco
01-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I heard on the radio this morning that the Redskins might offer MS a contract extension; now I am not sure if there is a plan for him to become more of an executive or just keep coaching.

I don't know how much longer he intends on being a coach given his age. One thing is for sure though, I do not want to lose Kyle. So I am not sure what his aspirations are or if he is patient enough. There is always the RGIII factor, not many coaches would leave when you have him. Why leave.

We will see how it shakes out, but FWIW some rumblings have started.

TonyR
01-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Interesting analysis from Barnwell suggesting the Skins success has been more about the defense than offense:

Washington's improvement, meanwhile, owes more to its defense than you might expect. It's a leap I wrote about earlier in this run, but the numbers bear out that the Redskins' defense has had more to do with their big playoff run than has the offense. During their 3-6 start, the Washington offense averaged 25.1 points per game, a figure that improved to an even 30 during the 7-0 finish. That's a 4.9-point difference. Meanwhile, the Washington defense went from allowing 27.6 points per game during the rough seas of September and October to an even 20.0 points per game after Election Day, a difference of 7.6 points. Plenty of those points came in garbage time against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day, too, so that figure even understates the genuine improvement this unit has made over the final seven weeks of the year. Read the rest here: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8795480/bill-barnwell-becoming-playoff-team-rest-week-17-news

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
They were 3-6, Rev. Were you calling Shanny a front-runner for coach of the year at that point? Tool.

...so what is your ****ing point?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-01-2013, 05:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120843/article/report-redskins-weigh-extension-for-mike-shanahan

The Washington Post reported the playoff-bound Redskins are "seriously considering" a contract extension this offseason for coach Mike Shanahan, according to multiple people with knowledge of the team's planning.

he deserves a extension mho as long as rgII is the qb they should keep shanny its when he cant get a good qb that he goes off track and i dont mean retreads like Plummer either who will win you plenty of games til the team discovers he can basically only do one play and scheme for it.

elsid13
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
He never had this defense either.

He never had the #2 pick in the draft either. Elway has done a great job, but it helped that McDaniels was such a failure that we are to get an elite defender in the draft.

elsid13
01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Interesting analysis from Barnwell suggesting the Skins success has been more about the defense than offense:

Read the rest here: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8795480/bill-barnwell-becoming-playoff-team-rest-week-17-news

The offense has been there all year, averaging like 27 points per game (that really good), the defense was hurt by a couple of key injuries to Carriker, Orakpo and their safeties. When the light finally clicked for the young guys - Jenkins (DE) and Jackson (LB), they began to win.

Shanahan could gone the easy way and fired Haslett (something everyone in DC wanted to happen), but he stuck the coarse and they have played better.

That team believes and appears to be on the right path.

Cito Pelon
01-04-2013, 01:51 PM

That you're a fat-mouthed jackass.

bronco militia
01-04-2013, 02:07 PM
http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/funny-ecards-bannedinhollyood-19.jpg

TheReverend
01-04-2013, 02:21 PM

...okayyyyyyyyyyyy.

Ladies and Gentlemen! It's time for another impromptu episode of:

IDIOT BREAKDOWN!!!

So let's review.

1. Cito makes a standard post of his that's so stupid you're not even sure what it means:

I mean... what does this even mean? Obviously he's not a COY candidate at 3-6... no one would be. Or is he trying to say I'm only a ShanaFan when he's in a good situation? Because obviously that's not the case either. Or is he saying he's not a COY candidate and that I'm just over-valuing him--even though that's come from the media and not from me (he's #3 this year, imo).

2. So, let's ask for an expansion of this inanely stupid post:

This is the point where I imagine the hamsters wheeling around in Cito's head come to a grinding halt as he realizes that he, yet again, has no ****ing point.

3. At this point, the only obvious route for such a slow-witted ape is refocus into his insult and hope it distracts people from how stupid he is:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9hnwfQNK21qhi2pz.gif

Cito Pelon
01-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Rev: I have proven MASSIVE reduction of your intellect that SWARMS your inane attemts to prove even the simplest point. Why? Because of course what I just said. Point one follows point two. Ass clown.

Rinse and repeat about 20,000 times, with the occasional good post.

Happy New Year, Rev, I hope you and yours has a good one.

Irish Stout
01-04-2013, 03:31 PM
I love when an older thread gets bumped and someone has responded to something else in a bizarre way and so you go back a few pages to get the gist... then you go back a few more... then you've wasted 20 minutes and you're all like:

WHAT THE FUGGERS?!?!?!?

http://giftube.com/viewgif.php?filename=gifs/9970.gif
I am entertained.

Cito Pelon
01-04-2013, 08:49 PM
I love when an older thread gets bumped and someone has responded to something else in a bizarre way and so you go back a few pages to get the gist... then you go back a few more... then you've wasted 20 minutes and you're all like:

WHAT THE FUGGERS?!?!?!?

Eh, Rev neg-repped me so I figured I should respond. I've never neg-repped anybody on this board.

frerottenextelway
01-04-2013, 08:58 PM
I vote yes.

TheReverend
01-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Eh, Rev neg-repped me so I figured I should respond. I've never neg-repped anybody on this board.

Awwwww look at the poor baby. Do you need a hanky?

That's what happens when you make a confrontational post that doesn't even make sense in the first place you dumb ****.

Cito Pelon
01-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Awwwww look at the poor baby. Do you need a hanky?

That's what happens when you make a confrontational post that doesn't even make sense in the first place you dumb ****.

Good Rev, you're a good boy to respond. Good boy, here's a treat for you. You're a good dog. Jump boy! Jump! Now lay down.

Dude, you were being a major asshole, I called you out. Then I said "I wish you a Happy New Year to you and yours." Let's just leave it at that, eh?