PDA

View Full Version : status on Kuper and Tamme?

bronco militia
11-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I think we lost Kuper for the season again...not sure what Tamme did to his arm

Kid A
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Tamme was back in as of the last Decker TD, I believe. Looked like a weird nerve thing in the elbow or something.

I know Kuper was carted, so that's bad. Got the impression it was an ankle, lower leg thing. Which would probably be better than a knee.

Lolad
11-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Tamme was back in as of the last Decker TD, I believe. Looked like a weird nerve thing in the elbow or something.

I know Kuper was carted, so that's bad. Got the impression it was an ankle, lower leg thing. Which would probably be better than a knee.

But that lower leg might be his broken ankle rearing it's ugly head

KipCorrington25
11-04-2012, 01:27 PM
It didn't look good based on the reaction.

Sassy
11-04-2012, 01:27 PM

I thought it was his wrist or his hand?
He went back in didn't he? They said he was ok...at the time.

IHaveALight
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Gary Miller said X rays were "ok". Not bad as feared. (Kuper)

Kaylore
11-04-2012, 01:29 PM
That's too bad about Kuper.

bronco militia
11-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Gary Miller said X rays were "ok". Not bad as feared. (Kuper)

ok....maybe it scared him

ScottXray
11-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Bad enough that it looks like we will lose Kupes for at least a week ( or more) again . I think it was the same ankle as last year. He wasn't able to put much weight on it.

Hulamau
11-04-2012, 01:42 PM
It WAS the same ankle for Kupe as last year. I really hope the report that it isnt broken again is true.?? But we have no official report. He is gonna be out for sometime in all likelihood as he was on crutches and had a lower leg boot on in the locker room.

I'm just worried about long term problems with that leg.. He might need a full off season to really fully heal and regain the leg strength and conditioning. You can definitely see a difference in size between his lower left leg and right leg still.

But if he has broken that ankle again them I'm starting to worry about some kind of osteopenia or genetic weakness in bones with all the bone breaks he has had?! Anyway, no use speculating on that until we know what happened for sure.

Heal up big fella and get back in there ASAP.. we need you at full strength and power! Really glad we have Rameriz at least who can hold his own pretty well and is not a giant step down at right guard.

theAPAOps5
11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
ok....maybe it scared him

That or its a high ankle sprain, which can take FOREVER to heal. Hope its sooner than later though.

Tim
11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Kuper is probably the toughest guy in the league so it's defiantly not just a sprained ankle

DENVERDUI55
11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Anytime a player can't walk off on own power he us usually done for the year. When you can barely walk off with help it isn't good.

Kaylore
11-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Hopefully it was just some scar tissue tearing away...

theAPAOps5
11-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Kuper is probably the toughest guy in the league so it's defiantly not just a sprained ankle

Except they already reported that XRays were negative.

Rock Chalk
11-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Strained Vag for Kuper and Tamme.

spdirty
11-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Post said no break, MRI tomorrow.

colorado jones
11-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Strained Vag for Kuper and Tamme.

This joke wasn't funny in the game thread either.

sgbfan
11-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Are we sure it's ankle and not knee, did they say?

i4jelway7
11-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Kuper left the stadium in a walking boot & on crutches, Tamme is fine.

maher_tyler
11-04-2012, 03:08 PM
When a guy needs help off the field, it usually means theyll be out for awhile. I expect him to be out at least 4 weeks.

baja
11-04-2012, 03:09 PM
don't project

Victor
11-04-2012, 03:16 PM

And this fact is based upon what exactly? Is there a "toughest guy in the league" contest that I'm not aware of?

Kaylore
11-04-2012, 03:50 PM
And this fact is based upon what exactly? Is there a "toughest guy in the league" contest that I'm not aware of?

There is! I'm the judge. And Kuper wins every year and you're in last place just for asking, buddy!

Hulamau
11-04-2012, 03:58 PM
It WAS the same ankle for Kupe as last year. I really hope the report that it isnt broken again is true.?? But we have no official report. He is gonna be out for sometime in all likelihood as he was on crutches and had a lower leg boot on in the locker room.

I'm just worried about long term problems with that leg.. He might need a full off season to really fully heal and regain the leg strength and conditioning. You can definitely see a difference in size between his lower left leg and right leg still.

But if he has broken that ankle again them I'm starting to worry about some kind of osteopenia or genetic weakness in bones with all the bone breaks he has had?! Anyway, no use speculating on that until we know what happened for sure.

Heal up big fella and get back in there ASAP.. we need you at full strength and power! Really glad we have Rameriz at least who can hold his own pretty well and is not a giant step down at right guard.

baja
11-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Just heard on KOA Kuper has a severe sprain

i4jelway7
11-04-2012, 05:19 PM
DT was limping BAD to the team bus & was clearly in pain on the sidelines throughout the gm

ZONA
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM

Why would you even say that about Kuper not KNOWING any facts yet. I see you are clearly not a glass half full kinda guy.

ZONA
11-04-2012, 05:42 PM
When a guy needs help off the field, it usually means theyll be out for awhile. I expect him to be out at least 4 weeks.

That's an acceptable conclusion. Love how some of these guys think because you can't walk off the field it means you're automatically gone for the year. Very bad logic there.

bronco militia
11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Why would you even say that about Kuper not KNOWING any facts yet. I see you are clearly not a glass half full kinda guy.

did you read the rest of the thread or just this post?

sgbfan
11-04-2012, 06:53 PM
That's an acceptable conclusion. Love how some of these guys think because you can't walk off the field it means you're automatically gone for the year. Very bad logic there.

Not as true to life as the "he walked off the field on his own power, he must be fine" logic.

Sassy
11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
It's a severe sprain to his left ankle...MRI Monday.
(Denver Post)
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21927864

and btw...the screwed up Clady/Kuper in the article LOL

cutthemdown
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM

Why do you care if people speculate on it?

theAPAOps5
11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Severe sprain is no bueno. That is going to take time.

I hope DT is just sore and not injured If he was limping to the bus, coupled with the clear discomfort he was in during the game it makes you worry.

RedskinBronco
11-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Not good, need both of those guys when big boy games happen in the postseason

bronco militia
11-04-2012, 08:27 PM
he's probably out another month....

Bronco Yoda
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Get well kuper.

baja
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Beginning to suspect Kuper has foundation problems. Too big and strong for his skeletal structure.

~Crash~
11-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Anytime a player can't walk off on own power he us usually done for the year. When you can barely walk off with help it isn't good.

he is not a RB...tape and play

~Crash~
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Beginning to suspect Kuper has foundation problems. Too big and strong for his skeletal structure.

nope. he is physical as hell but **** happens..

~Crash~
11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Just heard on KOA Kuper has a severe sprain

his looked bad he will probably miss this week . is about it.

Agamemnon
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM

There really isn't any skeletal structure that can take those unlucky moments in the trenches. The amount of weight and force going on in there is going to break bones and tear ligaments. There's just no way around it other than luck.

baja
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
nope. he is physical as hell but **** happens..

I didn't say he wasn't physical. I said he may have fragile bones, it's a genetic thing. There are linemen that play 12 - 14 years without missing a game. I love me some Kupe but the type of injuries and frequency are of concern.

Agamemnon
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
I didn't say he wasn't physical. I said he may have fragile bones, it's a genetic thing. There are linemen that play 12 - 14 years without missing a game. I love me some Kupe but the type of injuries and frequency are disconcerting.

He's in his 6th year in the NFL and these issues just started cropping up the last couple seasons. I'm pretty sure it's not a case of genetically weak bones. Besides, it doesn't even sound like this is a broken bone. Or do you think he has genetically weak ligaments too?

Oh and there are very, very few lineman who play 12-14 years without missing a game, and those who do are nothing more than very lucky. Having a 330 pound DT roll over your leg the wrong way is something that causes injuries no matter who you are. There's something to be said for inherent durability, but there's also something to be said for luck.

bronco militia
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
shanahan drafted him...it's his fault he's injured

baja
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
He's in his 6th year in the NFL and these issues just started cropping up the last couple seasons. I'm pretty sure it's not a case of genetically weak bones. Besides, it doesn't even sound like this is a broken bone. Or do you think he has genetically weak ligaments too?

I think he gets similar injuries a lot and I wonder why.

I also think you are a wing nut.

Agamemnon
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
I think he gets similar injuries a lot and I wonder why.

So in other words you're talking out of your ass as usual...

Kaylore
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Kuper getting his leg bent back like that twice has nothing to do with brittle bones. It's bad luck. Find me someone who's legs get pinned and bent back by a 300 pound defensive lineman and he'll magically catch your genetically weak bone disease too.

He broke a forearm in camp. What does a forearm have to do with weighing too much?

baja
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
So in other words you're talking out of your ass as usual...

No! I think he gets similar injuries and I wonder why.

Do you know what a wing nut is?

baja
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
It is something designed to easily spin.

bronco militia
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Kuper getting his leg bent back like that twice has nothing to do with brittle bones. It's bad luck. Find me someone who's legs get pinned and bent back by a 300 pound defensive lineman and he'll magically catch your genetically weak bone disease too.

He broke a forearm in camp. What does a forearm have to do with weighing too much?

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/m_shanahan_080928_IL.jpg

Agamemnon
11-04-2012, 09:01 PM
No! I think he gets similar injuries and I wonder why.

Do you know what a wing nut is?

Yes, yes, you think I'm crazy or whatever. Yet you're the one suggesting someone has weak bones because he's had some recent injury issues while playing offensive lineman in the NFL. Yes clearly I'm the "wing nut". ::)

baja
11-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Yes, yes, you think I'm crazy or whatever. Yet you're the one suggesting someone has weak bones because he's had some recent injury issues while playing offensive lineman in the NFL. Yes clearly I'm the "wing nut". ::)

Hamilton is a great player who could not stay on the field lets hope kupe does not follow that career path.

Bacchus
11-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Clady should be a doctor.

This time, left tackle Ryan Clady, ever the optimist, detected some hope — as only an offensive lineman can spot it.
"He was frustrated, but the ankle was straight," Clady said. "It wasn't bent or anything."

Read more: Broncos' Chris Kuper gets good news-bad news on injured ankle - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21927864/broncos-chris-kuper-injured-left-ankle#ixzz2BK190k7E) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21927864/broncos-chris-kuper-injured-left-ankle#ixzz2BK190k7E
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

cabronco
11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
A bit off topic, but didnt feel like it warranted its own thread. Re-watching it now into the 3rd qrtr, Beadles was beaten like a drum most game long. Atkins must be pure beast, cuz he just pushes Zane where he wants. On a lead block the LB swats him away like nothing too. I will give him a mulligan this game, since we won, and he's had pretty good year so far..

Miss I.
11-04-2012, 10:24 PM
weak bones??! WTF? frankly I am impressed the man can walk without help much less play football. He has a sprain this year, he will get back out there, but weak? no the man nor his bones are weak. Geezus. Though I suppose that hypothesis aggravates me less that the one posited in the game thread about his busted Vag...seriously, sometimes people in here can be total ****wads.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WxbEq4NYg78/TwFbgqnqEyI/AAAAAAAACWY/XkaVUgTvHsY/s1600/Chris+Kuper.jpg

BowlenBall
11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Jeez, Miss I. -- warn a brother before posting a picture like that.

Get well soon, Kupes. We need you for our Super Bowl run.

Harvitz81
11-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Get well Kupes!!! We need you back, but take your time.

This just goes to show that after a MLB into draft next year, we need to seriously look at interior lineman and tackles just for backup purposes.

Ramirez is decent, but got rag dolled by Watt when we played Houston. Hopefully we can address the depth a little more in next years draft.

theAPAOps5
11-04-2012, 10:49 PM
HA well I bet every player who was on the field today that was on the field last year saw Kuper and were like, "Oh hell know, I ain't looking again."

Clady should be a doctor.

Read more: Broncos' Chris Kuper gets good news-bad news on injured ankle - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21927864/broncos-chris-kuper-injured-left-ankle#ixzz2BK190k7E) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21927864/broncos-chris-kuper-injured-left-ankle#ixzz2BK190k7E
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse [/COLOR][/LEFT]

theAPAOps5
11-04-2012, 10:50 PM
weak bones??! WTF? frankly I am impressed the man can walk without help much less play football. He has a sprain this year, he will get back out there, but weak? no the man nor his bones are weak. Geezus. Though I suppose that hypothesis aggravates me less that the one posited in the game thread about his busted Vag...seriously, sometimes people in here can be total ****wads.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WxbEq4NYg78/TwFbgqnqEyI/AAAAAAAACWY/XkaVUgTvHsY/s1600/Chris+Kuper.jpg

Clearly this was Photoshopped..............................

That is what I keep telling myself everytime I see it. Because something that nasty can't be real.

Al Wilson
11-04-2012, 11:22 PM
We haven't had many injuries this year. Just a couple of fluke ones. The new training staff is doing a great job keeping these guys healthy and in shape IMO.

Doggcow
11-05-2012, 12:22 AM
We haven't had many injuries this year. Just a couple of fluke ones. The new training staff is doing a great job keeping these guys healthy and in shape IMO.

We can't afford injuries either...

Al Wilson
11-05-2012, 12:47 AM
We can't afford injuries either...
True, but look at the difference from previous years. Players were always hampered by injuries (especially hamstrings), and the team used to get weaker as the season progressed. This year seems different than past years.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 12:51 AM

Do you really think that John would have given him a huge contract last year if this was true. Or that a doctor would not have checked that out?

That post was way out of your normal posting.

cutthemdown
11-05-2012, 01:22 AM
The uproar i would have in my inbox if i said Kupers body not right and cant support his weight lol! Kuper just unlucky with the injury bug right now. Still though it happens enough and it can really just ruin a player. Baja any other players that you can tell by looking at shouldnt be out there BWAAAAA!

cutthemdown
11-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Do you really think that John would have given him a huge contract last year if this was true. Or that a doctor would not have checked that out?

That post was way out of your normal posting.

I'm sorry but we had a doctor check you out. Turns out your skeleton is a size xxl but your flesh in a size xxxl. Were afraid you either did too much HGH, not enough HGH, or started or stopped at the wrong age.

ol#7
11-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Didn't Dennis Smith break his collarbone in back to back seasons? For the rest of his career he hardly missed a game. Sometimes you just have bad luck with injuries, freaky things happen. High Ankle sprains are a biatch though.

fontaine
11-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Hamilton is a great player who could not stay on the field lets hope kupe does not follow that career path.

Hamilton's problem where repeat concussions, not skeletal injuries.

baja
11-05-2012, 06:43 AM
[QUOTE=Miss I.;3717355]weak bones??! WTF? frankly I am impressed the man can walk without help much less play football. He has a sprain this year, he will get back out there, but weak? no the man nor his bones are weak. Geezus. Though I suppose that hypothesis aggravates me less that the one posited in the game thread about his busted Vag...seriously, sometimes people in here can be total ****wads.

That's right God created every body equal. yep ever single one of us has the very same bone density and strength. Good call super fan.

I have never broken a bone in my life (except possibly a finger ) yet I have friends that can break an arm picking their nose.

We are all different. That is why this phrase evolved, " That player is made of glass" some people are susceptible to certain types of injuries. With some it's broken bones others it's hamstrings others it's sprains. ETC.

In Kupe's case I sincerely hope it is just a case of bad luck. Certainly that horrific break last year was not a genetic thing.

You know Miss I one can make an observation without being a negative fan or "total ****wads".

baja
11-05-2012, 06:51 AM
The uproar i would have in my inbox if i said Kupers body not right and cant support his weight lol! Kuper just unlucky with the injury bug right now. Still though it happens enough and it can really just ruin a player. Baja any other players that you can tell by looking at shouldnt be out there BWAAAAA!

Oh I see you are not allowed any speculation or "I wonder if''s" around here. My bad, thanks for clearing that up for me Cut.

I did not say that was the case with Kupe I speculated in light of several injuries if he might be injury prone. God help me what have I done. ;D

baja
11-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Hamilton's problem where repeat concussions, not skeletal injuries.

I thought is was chronic back issues. Maybe it's Harris I am thinking of.

At any rate I meant him as an example that there some players are prone to certain types or injuries

baja
11-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Oh and for the record (and for Kupe's dad) he is one of my favorite players ever and wish him a long and successful career.

Get well soon Kupe and I do hope my wonderings are completely wrong.

fontaine
11-05-2012, 07:00 AM

I don't know man,

Quinton Carter
Ty Warren
Joe Mays
JD Walton

- all starters to IR

Then there's Blake/Beal as reserves, plus Kuper getting injured twice.

PLUS a freak illness to Porter now as well.

That's 4 starters to IR, another two missing significant time.

fontaine
11-05-2012, 07:02 AM
I thought is was chronic back issues. Maybe it's Harris I am thinking of.

At any rate I meant him as an example that there some players are prone to certain types or injuries

Yeah that was Harris.

I know what you meant baja, and I sort of share your concerns a bit. Not that I think he's got a genetic weakness in his bones, but having pins/screws in your ankle from his break last year can't exactly be a good thing when you're taking on 330lb defenders.

baja
11-05-2012, 07:24 AM
[B]Kuper getting his leg bent back like that twice has nothing to do with brittle bones. It's bad luck. Find me someone who's legs get pinned and bent back by a 300 pound defensive lineman and he'll magically catch your genetically weak bone disease too.

point taken

I knew I'd be in trouble with you when I mused Kupe might have weak bones. ;D

pricejj
11-05-2012, 07:48 AM

Ty Warren, Joe Mays, JD Walton, Jason Hunter, Chris Kuper, Tracy Porter, DJ Williams

That's 7 starters out due to injury or suspension...basically 1/3 of the starters going into training camp...

fontaine
11-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Ty Warren, Joe Mays, JD Walton, Jason Hunter, Chris Kuper, Tracy Porter, DJ Williams

That's 7 starters out due to injury or suspension...basically 1/3 of the starters going into training camp...

Thanks, I forgot about Hunter but he was a starter at DE and playing well. That sucks.

Did hunter have a triceps tear?

baja
11-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks, I forgot about Hunter but he was a starter at DE and playing well. That sucks.

Did hunter have a triceps tear?

I really wish they would look more closely at the science of nutrition.

bronco militia
11-05-2012, 08:13 AM
the orange mane medical team rocks!

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-05-2012, 08:22 AM
I love how some are speculating brittle bones. People that have brittle bones don't get sprains. They get breaks. He would've broken that ankle.

Beantown Bronco
11-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I really wish they would look more closely at the science of nutrition.

I know I'm blaming yesterday's trip to the local Buffalo Wild Wings for me not running a marathon any time soon. I think I ate my own body weight in some combo of chicken, nachos, cheese and chili.

It was worth it. :)

bronco militia
11-05-2012, 08:43 AM
LOL!

TonyR
11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
...Atkins must be pure beast...

He is, no doubt.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM

There's 2 or 3 names in there that make the team better by subtracting them out of the line up. IMO Koppen > Walton. Brooking > Mays Woodyard > DJ

Kaylore
11-05-2012, 09:11 AM
FYI, I hope I don't jinx it by mentioning it here, but the Broncos have been toward the bottom of the league in soft tissue injuries. I think this directly correlates to the new, more modern style of training. We are still suffering trauma injuries, which can't be avoided due to training, but there are not the usual hamstring strains, leg pulls and ACL tears we seemed to find every year. Look at the Redskins. Shanahan is likely sticking with his old school approach and he's lost multiple starters to ACL tears. There is still half a season left, and I want to see if endurance is better on the back end than it has been in years past, but I am encouraged by what I'm seeing.

kupesdad
11-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Chris is having an MRI this morning and I will let you all know when I get the green light from Chris. In the meantime pray for the people who lost their homes and lives to Sandy and think good thoughts for Chris just to keep things in perspective

baja
11-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Chris is having an MRI this morning and I will let you all know when I get the green light from Chris. In the meantime pray for the people who lost their homes and lives to Sandy and think good thoughts for Chris just to keep things in perspective

You got it Kupesdad

Mile High 81
11-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the update.
Good look to Chris and much more important to everbody who is a victim of Sandy...

broncocalijohn
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM

How can I do that when I need to let everyone know that your son isn't really all of that and a bag of chips?

Signed,
Cutthemdown

baja
11-05-2012, 09:57 AM
How can I do that when I need to let everyone know that your son isn't really all of that and a bag of chips?

Signed,
Cutthemdown

Why do you have to be an ass?

HILife
11-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I know I'm blaming yesterday's trip to the local Buffalo Wild Wings for me not running a marathon any time soon. I think I ate my own body weight in some combo of chicken, nachos, cheese and chili.

It was worth it. :)

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings too. I started with the 1:00AM games and sat through the end of the 4:00PM games. Here is what I had:

-Chicken tender salad
-12 wings
-Ultimate Nachos with chicken
-Tall Blue Moon Beer
-Sprite
-And washed it all down with water.

Looking back, I really didn't have that much to eat, considering I was there for lunch and stayed through dinner.

BroncoMan4ever
11-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Get well Kupes!!! We need you back, but take your time.

This just goes to show that after a MLB into draft next year, we need to seriously look at interior lineman and tackles just for backup purposes.

Ramirez is decent, but got rag dolled by Watt when we played Houston. Hopefully we can address the depth a little more in next years draft.
Realistically, what OL has Watt gone against this year that he hasn't dominated?

broncocalijohn
11-05-2012, 10:31 AM

Ez up old man. I guess you didnt see the thread where Kupesdad called out Cutthemdown.

baja
11-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Ez up old man. I guess you didnt see the thread where Kupesdad called out Cutthemdown.

No I saw it. He took his lumps.

kupesdad
11-05-2012, 10:42 AM
The doc and team were worried the ligament were torn and there was some involvement with the hardware from his surgery. After reading the MRI they all agreed that surgery wasn't needed and he will be out 2-3 weeks. Thanks to everyone for their concern. Go Broncos!!!

Chris
11-05-2012, 10:43 AM
The doc and team were worried the ligament were torn and there was some involvement with the hardware from his surgery. After reading the MRI they all agreed that surgery wasn't needed and he will be out 2-3 weeks. Thanks to everyone for their concern. Go Broncos!!!

RRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR R :cowgirl:

baja
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM
GREAT NEWS

The two or three weeks sucks but could'a been so much worse.

Very happy for him and you and your family

Bacchus
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Miss I.;3717355]weak bones??! WTF? frankly I am impressed the man can walk without help much less play football. He has a sprain this year, he will get back out there, but weak? no the man nor his bones are weak. Geezus. Though I suppose that hypothesis aggravates me less that the one posited in the game thread about his busted Vag...seriously, sometimes people in here can be total ****wads.

That's right God created every body equal. yep ever single one of us has the very same bone density and strength. Good call super fan.

I have never broken a bone in my life (except possibly a finger ) yet I have friends that can break an arm picking their nose.

We are all different. That is why this phrase evolved, " That player is made of glass" some people are susceptible to certain types of injuries. With some it's broken bones others it's hamstrings others it's sprains. ETC.

In Kupe's case I sincerely hope it is just a case of bad luck. Certainly that horrific break last year was not a genetic thing.

You know Miss I one can make an observation without being a negative fan or "total ****wads".

Baja does raise a good point. OL on the whole are much heavier than they sould be. Look at the OL when they leave football. Tom Nalen I believe is under 200 lbs now and Mark Schelereth is about 225 lbs. Putting on as much weight as these players do is unhealthy and I am sure different bodies handle this in different ways.

bronco militia
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM

I guess I wasn't the only one concerned

**** YOU ZONA!

pricejj
11-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Thank you for the update kupesdad. Did somebody fall on his foot, or is it just still healing from the previous surgery?

It's pretty obvious the impact he has on the field. Chris is a great player...glad he's ok.

kupesdad
11-05-2012, 11:16 AM

Again? When was the first time he was lost for the season?

As far as injuries go, these are the first serious injuries since he started playing in 3rd grade. I had 3 surgeries by the time I was 25 due to "loose ligaments" which is genetics. Chris seems to have dodged that bullet but needless to say the human body was never meant to stand up to the forces that these guys run into day in and day out. The type of things that the bigger guys have due to weight is diabetes, back problems, and concussions. I consider the things that have happened to Chris in the last 10 mos are pretty fluky.. both the leg injuries were due to being "rolled up" in the scrum. As soon as I saw that he didn't emerge from the pile, I knew he was injured. These things come in threes (hopefully)

bronco militia
11-05-2012, 11:19 AM

Technically 2011...he was put on IR for the rest of the season (two playoff games ;D)

I think the Broncos have been light years better on the OL since Chris came back. I was worried we were going to see Manny Ramirez for the rest of the season.

Tombstone RJ
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM

As far as injuries go, these are the first serious injuries since he started playing in 3rd grade. I had 3 surgeries by the time I was 25 due to "loose ligaments" which is genetics. Chris seems to have dodged that bullet but needless to say the human body was never meant to stand up to the forces that these guys run into day in and day out. The type of things that the bigger guys have due to weight is diabetes, back problems, and concussions. I consider the things that have happened to Chris in the last 10 mos are pretty fluky.. both the leg injuries were due to being "rolled up" in the scrum. As soon as I saw that he didn't emerge from the pile, I knew he was injured. These things come in threes (hopefully)

It's really a crapshoot in the trenches, I'm surprised more ankle injures and such are not more common among these guys. You got big bodies slamming around, then you got RBs running up the back of your ass as LBers and Safeties angle in to make the tackle and the the oline guy is often the one stuck right in the middle of all this stuff. It doesn't take much for another player to roll up on a foot or ankle.

Anyhow, I hope he's back IN TIME FOR THE PLAYOFFS!! :strong:

bronco militia
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM
but lmao at the Orange Mane medical team blaming coaches, trainers, genetics and diets for chris's injury history.

**** just happens, yo

lonestar
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM

The Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion:
"Its my nature..."

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-05-2012, 11:26 AM
DT was limping BAD to the team bus & was clearly in pain on the sidelines throughout the gm

What ever became of this? Is DT hurt?

Tombstone RJ
11-05-2012, 11:28 AM

unless the DB from the bengles rolled up on his foot/ankle the only thing I saw is he slammed his knee on the ground so it's probably sore as hell. He might have shattered his knee cap or something but he's walking so that's a good sign.

baja
11-05-2012, 11:30 AM
but lmao at the Orange Mane medical team blaming coaches, trainers, genetics and diets for chris's injury history.

**** just happens, yo

Concerned speculation. As Broncos on a message board what else we got?

BTW You speculated he was lost for the season so do you really have room to talk?

baja
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM

Ask BM maybe he's lost for the season ;D

bronco militia
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Concerned speculation. As Broncos on a message board what else we got?

BTW You speculated he was lost for the season so do you really have room to talk?

I was worried and hoped someone had an update...thank God all is well and Chris gets to continue eating Wild Wings!

bronco militia
11-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Ask BM maybe he's lost for the season ;D

he wasn't carted off the field, so I'm sure he's fine.

baja
11-05-2012, 11:35 AM
I was worried and hoped someone had an update...thank God all is well and Chris gets to continue eating Wild Wings!

We all are

.....and just because you choose to poo poo the nutrition thing doesn't mean it is not valid.

bronco militia
11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
We all are

.....and just because you choose to poo poo the nutrition thing doesn't mean it is not valid.

I was looking for an injury update, not the cause of the injury

but thanks anyway, Doc

baja
11-05-2012, 11:38 AM
I was looking for an injury update, not the cause of the injury

but thanks anyway, Doc

Right all threads just answer the OP than they end, got it.

Miss I.
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM

yes! yes! I am sure Kahn is doing a happy dance somewhere. at some point I will film that because that is something to see, but still that is great news...give our best to #73, which is my favorite # (my dad used to wear it also in college as a player, a Bronco funnily enough). At any rate, go Chris!

bronco militia
11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Right all threads just answer the OP than they end, got it.

I'm sure all chris needed was some colon blow....pussy

is that better?

baja
11-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm sure all chris needed was some colon blow....p***Y

is that better?

Much better

carry on

Kaylore
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM
yes! yes! I am sure Kahn is doing a happy dance somewhere. at some point I will film that because that is something to see, but still that is great news...give our best to #73, which is my favorite # (my dad used to wear it also in college as a player, a Bronco funnily enough). At any rate, go Chris!

I am doing a happy dance! As a celebration, all my wives will be wearing Kuper Jerseys for the family photos this Christmas season. Yours will be home Orange 'cuase you're most specialist!

broncocalijohn
11-05-2012, 12:06 PM
The Mane and the Old, Dementia Poster

An Old, Dementia Poster and the Mane meet on the internet and the
Old, Dementia Poster asks the Mane if he can post on the site. Mane asks, "How do I know you will be a contributor to our site? The Old, Dementia Poster says, "Because if I do, I will help bring fresh ideas and opinions to the Mane."

The Mane is satisfied, and Old, Dementia Poster sets out to post, but in midstream, the Old, Dementia Poster repeats the same, boring and tiring posts at the Mane. The Old, Dementia Poster feels the onset of posters ripping on his horrific opinions and starts to be confused knowing they both are Broncos fans, but The Mane still has to ask the Old, Dementia Poster
why it is his nature to not go away and stick around torchering the Mane?

Replies the Old, Dementia Poster:
"Its my nature..."

FYP

Ray Finkle
11-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I am doing a happy dance! As a celebration, all my wives will be wearing Kuper Jerseys for the family photos this Christmas season. Yours will be home Orange 'cuase you're most specialist!

I would have thought you would have used "turgid" but happy dance works just fine!LOL

crowebomber
11-05-2012, 01:42 PM
2-3 weeks is great news!

The first four games Kupe was out, Manning was sacked 8 times.
Four games with him in - just twice, and both were against the Patriots which was his first game back.

Coincidence? I think not.

Kaylore
11-05-2012, 02:10 PM
2-3 weeks is great news!

The first four games Kupe was out, Manning was sacked 8 times.
Four games with him in - just twice, and both were against the Patriots which was his first game back.

Coincidence? I think not.

It's not a coincidence since Manny Ramirez gave up the most sacks on the line at 3.5.

cmhargrove
11-05-2012, 02:33 PM

As usual, we wish Chris nothing but the best, and look forward to him coming back healthy for a playoff push. It's been a rough year for him, but he exemplifies the new "toughness" of these Broncos.

My family loves rooting for a team that fights this hard, and players like Chris make us proud to wear the orange and blue.

cutthemdown
11-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Oh I see you are not allowed any speculation or "I wonder if''s" around here. My bad, thanks for clearing that up for me Cut.

I did not say that was the case with Kupe I speculated in light of several injuries if he might be injury prone. God help me what have I done. ;D

LOL it's all good you didn't say anything wrong or bad i just found it funny.

cmhargrove
11-05-2012, 02:35 PM
It's not a coincidence since Manny Ramirez gave up the most sacks on the line at 3.5.

However, it is nice that he has gotten so many reps. His "backup" presence could be invaluable to us down the stretch. Hopefully he fixes some of his early mistakes (although you can notice a distinct strength drop off from Kuper).

cutthemdown
11-05-2012, 02:57 PM

Signed,
Cutthemdown

I'm not biting too hard because i seem to be the only one who gets banned around here. Trust me pissing off Kupesdad around here is like kicking puppies. You find yourself singled out and banned for telling Rohirim that his breath probably smells of dick.

Everyone gets bummed when broncos players get injured, i want Kuper starting and playing well just like everyone else. Being critical of him just a little different because his father frequents the board. I will try and remember that.

Heal up fast Kupe! Maybe sleep in a hyperbaric chamber if they make one in xxxl.

pricejj
11-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Heal up fast Kupe! Maybe sleep in a hyperbaric chamber if they make one in xxxl.

Looks like somebody is already in it...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe6bm-K5ARTVMLw-i6aPvvpey4webl3cKbJZHX4PLDyH578WAopA0jJtBYrQ

spiralism
11-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Good news so. @ Panthers, Chargers and @ KC being 3 games he'll likely miss, nothing terrifying on the interior from two of those, though Liuget/Garay could cause trouble

Doggcow
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
When Kupe went down I was all

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/533998_463138170399423_150038695_n.jpg

kupesdad
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm not biting too hard because i seem to be the only one who gets banned around here. Trust me pissing off Kupesdad around here is like kicking puppies. You find yourself singled out and banned for telling Rohirim that his breath probably smells of dick.

Everyone gets bummed when broncos players get injured, i want Kuper starting and playing well just like everyone else. Being critical of him just a little different because his father frequents the board. I will try and remember that.

Cut... I didn't snap on you because you were being critical of Chris. I snapped because I feel that most of your comments seem to be hypercritical of this team not just the O-Line. I admit that I was out of bounds commenting on your life and I apologize for that. For the most part your takes critical or not seem to have a fairly sound understanding of the game. I don't take any pleasure watching you get piled on by other posters because I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself. Whether Chris retires as a Bronco or moves on to another team at some point, I will always be a fan (I can't believe I just wrote that) due to the fact that every person I have met in person that came from this website have been very kind to me and my family. I'm sure the same could be said about you. I will try to be thicker skinned in the future... the great thing about sites like this is we don't have to agree on everything (that would suck) but we do have a responsibility to at least be somewhat civil no matter what the discussion is about. This last 10 mos has been pretty tough for me watching my son struggle with injuries and you must have caught me on a bad day. Anyway if I feel like piling on someone we always have Bob... have a good day...kupe

Blueflame
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM

This post sounds like you're trying to claim a correlation between your recent 7-day vacation and the exchange you had with Kupesdad. For the record, the two incidents were not connected. And the idea that you're the only one who gets banned around here is patently false. Just sayin'....

Go Broncos... and get healthy again soon, Kuper!

Action
11-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Cut... I didn't snap on you because you were being critical of Chris. I snapped because I feel that most of your comments seem to be hypercritical of this team not just the O-Line. I admit that I was out of bounds commenting on your life and I apologize for that. For the most part your takes critical or not seem to have a fairly sound understanding of the game. I don't take any pleasure watching you get piled on by other posters because I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself. Whether Chris retires as a Bronco or moves on to another team at some point, I will always be a fan (I can't believe I just wrote that) due to the fact that every person I have met in person that came from this website have been very kind to me and my family. I'm sure the same could be said about you. I will try to be thicker skinned in the future... the great thing about sites like this is we don't have to agree on everything (that would suck) but we do have a responsibility to at least be somewhat civil no matter what the discussion is about. This last 10 mos has been pretty tough for me watching my son struggle with injuries and you must have caught me on a bad day. Anyway if I feel like piling on someone we always have Bob... have a good day...kupe

You're being too nice.

Anyone who has watched Kuper since he got here and determine he's average to below average can't possibly have a fair understanding of the game.

SportinOne
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNN N!!

:strong:

SportinOne
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I think Bob's attention-whorish head may soon explode at the thought of someone containing half of the genetic makeup of a real life NFL player saying his name.

BroncsCheer
11-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Oh and for the record (and for Kupe's dad) he is one of my favorite players ever and wish him a long and successful career.

Get well soon Kupe and I do hope my wonderings are completely wrong.

Nope.

Neither your musing, nor the bong rip you took before you decided to post about it were wrong. :D

interesting thread fodder

theAPAOps5
11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
You're being too nice.

Anyone who has watched Kuper since he got here and determine he's average to below average can't possibly have a fair understanding of the game.

Totally agree.

baja
11-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Nope.

Neither your musing, nor the bong rip you took before you decided to post about it were wrong. :D

interesting thread fodder

The shiit I smoke sway too good to waste in a bong, it's a one hit vaporizer pipe for me.

RaiderH8r
11-05-2012, 08:38 PM
2-3 weeks is better news but not good. There is a noticeable drop off in production when he is out. We need interior push to get the running game going. Get the running threat going and our O will cause conniption fits. ManRam has a shot here to put some good games on tape against favorable match ups. I hope he comes through.

RaiderH8r
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Meanwhile I am watching the Eagles make a case for having ownership make a play for Sean Payton.

Bronco Yoda
11-05-2012, 08:43 PM
FYI, I hope I don't jinx it by mentioning it here, but the Broncos have been toward the bottom of the league in soft tissue injuries. I think this directly correlates to the new, more modern style of training. We are still suffering trauma injuries, which can't be avoided due to training, but there are not the usual hamstring strains, leg pulls and ACL tears we seemed to find every year. Look at the Redskins. Shanahan is likely sticking with his old school approach and he's lost multiple starters to ACL tears. There is still half a season left, and I want to see if endurance is better on the back end than it has been in years past, but I am encouraged by what I'm seeing.

I've noticed that too. (knock on wood)

ZONA
11-05-2012, 08:52 PM

Awesome news - think we can get by these teams coming up without him but I'm glad he'll be back for the Ravens game. We'll need him.

ZONA
11-05-2012, 08:54 PM
When Kupe went down I was all

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/533998_463138170399423_150038695_n.jpg

Oh dude that's one of the funniest post I've seen in a long time. Rep.

Doggcow
11-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh dude that's one of the funniest post I've seen in a long time. Rep.

I try! :)

cutthemdown
11-06-2012, 02:02 AM

from the heart i hope Chris gets back out there asap and goes on to have another 10 yrs in the NFL. And for the record i do believe he is a good starting interior olinemen. I am too critical sometimes though and i will try and be more positive.

cutthemdown
11-06-2012, 02:05 AM
after all we are in first place!

kupesdad
11-06-2012, 02:30 PM
after all we are in first place!

Rep

Miss I.
11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
well if all else fails turn to Peyton for advice...granted he was giving advice to Johnny but I am sure dirt has magical properties so it would work for Chris.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J8kMrLx6_aQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Either that or we buy the $10K Tebow jersey which also probably performs miracles and give him that.

mhgaffney
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
The shiit I smoke sway too good to waste in a bong, it's a one hit vaporizer pipe for me.

This explains a lot.

baja
11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
This explains a lot.

actually it was a joke. You know, joke, like you.

baja
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Any news on Kupe?

ND Bronco Fan
11-14-2012, 10:54 AM
http://milehighsports.com/2012/11/14/broncos-kuper-returns-to-practice-dumervil-sidelined/

Chris Kuper was back at practice Wednesday, but Elvis Dumervil was not as the Broncos began preparations for the Chargers.

crush17
11-14-2012, 11:09 AM
http://milehighsports.com/2012/11/14/broncos-kuper-returns-to-practice-dumervil-sidelined/

Chris Kuper was back at practice Wednesday, but Elvis Dumervil was not as the Broncos began preparations for the Chargers.

That's crazy he is already back out there... Go kupe!

pricejj
11-14-2012, 01:15 PM

Looks like he rubbed some dirt on it, and is good to go. :strong:

ZONA
11-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Who knows how much playing time, if any he will get next week but the fact he's practicing is very good news. So much for the "gone for the season" or "at least 4 games" stuff.