PDA

View Full Version : DJ Williams opens up

BMarsh615
11-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Crazy how this guy is the second longest tenured Bronco and nobody really knows anything about him other than how he is supposedly a dick to the media. It's waaaaay too long to post the entire thing.

http://milehighsports.com/2012/11/02/broncos-linebacker-d-j-williams-qa-full-interview/

swaiy
11-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Over/under on how long it takes lonestar to post in here?

RedskinBronco
11-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Good interview; thanks for posting.

razorwire77
11-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Good interview. It encapsulates why so many fans are frustrated with D.J. He's not Dez Bryant or Pacman dumb. He's a pretty articulate guy and introspective about his life and life in general. And yet he still makes dumb ass decisions.

DENVERDUI55
11-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Wow he sure comes accross as arrogant.

Rohirrim
11-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I expect SoCal in here at any moment, dispensing his benediction and nominating DJ for sainthood. ;D

24champ
11-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Hope he retires as a Bronco in several years. He seems pretty close with the organization and even mentions Fred.

g6matty
11-02-2012, 09:40 AM
good interview idc was other guys on this board think about DJ but hes way under appreciated. guys been a solid linebacker for us since day one and we take him for granted.i hope he retires here. if he can come back and step in as the mike LB i think that would be best case scenario. although i think we can get away with a 3-4 over look with dumerville vickerson wolfe and von playing on the line then a mixture of DJ brooking woodyard / trevathon on the back end. del rio is a great d coordinator we should all have the confidence that he will figure out how to get all the right guys on the field

bronco militia
11-02-2012, 09:43 AM
interesting.....

but he didn't make it any easier to root for him. I think that is the way he wants it

swaiy
11-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Doesnt seem like a bad dude. Questionable decisions. Jack of all trades, master of none kinda LB. Ill be glad he is back to shore up the LB corps.

Conklin
11-02-2012, 09:52 AM
very candid

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Hmmm, what is this in reference to?

We have OTAs; there are 17 practices. We do 15 practices, and that weekend before the next two big minicamps, my coach tells me, ‘Hey, we’re changing your position; you’ve got to learn a new position over the weekend and you’re basically going to compete against somebody who’s been doing it for two, three months. And you’re fighting for a job.’

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 09:59 AM
"It was funny, because I talk to Chris Kuper all the time, and he came and sat down with me, and he was just like, ‘This just is not going right for you.’ And we like, laughed about it, because he understood everything that I did."

Is he saying Kuper is all hopped up on monkey urine too? Ha!

bowtown
11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
"It was funny, because I talk to Chris Kuper all the time, and he came and sat down with me, and he was just like, ‘This just is not going right for you.’ And we like, laughed about it, because he understood everything that I did."

Is he saying Kuper is all hopped up on monkey urine too? Ha!

No he's saying that Kuper is a much better driver when he's drunk.

Garcia Bronco
11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Opens up what? A case? A 5th?

Beantown Bronco
11-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Here's what I took out of the article:

It only took him 8 years to learn to rent a party bus when he goes out drinking with the boys......and he wants a medal for it.

He sounds a tad bitter.

ludo21
11-02-2012, 10:23 AM
I enjoy that he is opening up.

The whizzinator test doesnt bother me, the DUI/DWI stuff does. Not sure why he thinks he "did nothing"...... whatever

excited for him to be back on the field regardless

bronco militia
11-02-2012, 10:26 AM
I’m close friends with Rod Smith, and to see how he went through his career and his life, and the relationships that he built, I want to have the same thing.

LOL...he still hasn't learned jack **** from Rod Smiths career.

IA-Broncosfan53
11-02-2012, 10:27 AM
My ass dyme lyfe has nothing to do with smoking some green. lol!

He is an arrogant prick. But he has signed 2 autographs for me so I cant hate on him too much. However I have been calling for Wesley to start for a long time.

The odds DJ is actually able to stay healthy when he returns surely are low.

24champ
11-02-2012, 10:28 AM

We have OTAs; there are 17 practices. We do 15 practices, and that weekend before the next two big minicamps, my coach tells me, ‘Hey, we’re changing your position; you’ve got to learn a new position over the weekend and you’re basically going to compete against somebody who’s been doing it for two, three months. And you’re fighting for a job.’

The way I read it and looking up the roster. It's possible that the staff had him learning the Mike position since that was an open job at the time, and DJ was battling Trevathan for his own spot.

SoCalBronco
11-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Great interview...I enjoyed that. And I'm glad he blasted the press. Good.

SoCalBronco
11-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Opens up what? A case? A 5th?

30-12. Scoreboard.

baja
11-02-2012, 10:49 AM
interesting.....

but he didn't make it any easier to root for him. I think that is the way he wants it

It is understandable considering he has been hero worshiped since High School.

It would be hard for any one of us as a young talented football player in our culture to remain humble to the degree we would like as fans.

Another issue with him is he hasn't figured out media speak.

One thing that kinda stood out in the interview was his comment about the party bus as a solution to his drinking with no acknowledgment that his problem could the drinking part and not the driving part of his DUI

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2012, 10:52 AM

Yes.

Definitely the press's fault that he keeps ****ing up. :strong:

bronco militia
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
It is understandable considering he has been hero worshiped since High School.

It would be hard for any one as a young talented football player in our culture to remain humble to the degree we would like as fans.

Another issue with him is he hasn't figured out media speak.

One thing that kinda stood out in the interview was his comment about the party bus as a solution to his drinking with no acknowledgment that his problem could the drinking part and not the driving part of his DUI

It's sad...he has no clue how to communicate with your average fan.

pricejj
11-02-2012, 11:07 AM

That's when he tweeted the playbook. His "new" position was SAM in a 5-2 look with Von on the Defensive line. I'm pretty sure they bumped DJ at WILL (for WW), and put him at SAM to compete with Joe Mays.

JDR was obviously enamored with Mays. He was playing 96% of the plays (including SAM when Von was rushing).

Of course, all of the fans knew Mays sucked. He is who we thought he was.

ChampJesusBailey
11-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Nice interview. Love DJ. Hope he comes back and retires as a Bronco.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 11:32 AM

I am in agreement about the press. Vultures. I'm not gonna preach to the choir as i think were on the same page. However, he should find a guy he trusts in it, and occasionally speak to them. But if he doesn't want to I'm fine with it because our o line at one time was famous for it. In the end i don't care as long as he is a good citizen, and produces on the field ill support him.i think the way woodyard is playing you don't sit him cause djs back. If we can get up on teans early we'll be seeing alot of nickel and dime,

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 11:33 AM
The biggest thing i do like is dj is dj dickhead or not. You know what your gonna get from him and that i can respect

GreatBronco16
11-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Man, this DJ Williams seems like a pretty good linebacker.

So how's he doing this year?

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Yes.

Definitely the press's fault that he keeps ****ing up. :strong: see the little thing you forget, dj has never really spoke to the media. Good or bad i dont really remember him speaking to them much when he went to the pro bowl... youre just trolling here

mkporter
11-02-2012, 11:44 AM

Well, there's not much to say that he has a drinking problem, just a judgement problem. Drinking isn't against the law, driving after drinking is.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2012, 11:45 AM
I am in agreement about the press. Vultures. I'm not gonna preach to the choir as i think were on the same page. However, he should find a guy he trusts in it, and occasionally speak to them. But if he doesn't want to I'm fine with it because our o line at one time was famous for it. In the end i don't care as long as he is a good citizen, and produces on the field ill support him.i think the way woodyard is playing you don't sit him cause djs back. If we can get up on teans early we'll be seeing alot of nickel and dime,

I don't give a **** if he speaks or doesn't speak to the press. Could really care less. But the guy's screwups are his own. "Ripping the press" just to rip the press is a way to get the spotlight off him and his own **** ups. It's pretty stupid, but not unexpected.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 11:52 AM
I don't give a **** if he speaks or doesn't speak to the press. Could really care less. But the guy's screwups are his own. "Ripping the press" just to rip the press is a way to get the spotlight off him and his own **** ups. It's pretty stupid, but not unexpected.

He owes you a apology? I think you are trying to force something that isn't there. He has acknowledged his bad behavior, has paid his price through the legal system and his salary. He has shown as i understand it. The ability to learn from his mistake. Get off his jock homie

DarkHorse30
11-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Who cares? Not me

WABronco
11-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks for opening up, DJ. The next DUI is on me, bro.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for opening up, DJ. The next DUI is on me, bro.

Havent been aroubd in a while huh bro. Good to see ya back lol

baja
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Well, there's not much to say that he has a drinking problem, just a judgement problem. Drinking isn't against the law, driving after drinking is.

Neither are bridges, doesn't mean you jump off them.

Smiling Assassin27
11-02-2012, 12:15 PM
His game does not justify his off field behavior. The team was counting on the guy to perform and he let them down. Cut the guy and let him find a job with the Fins/Jags. LB corps in denver is trending up with WW/Trevathan and old man Brooking.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2012, 12:16 PM
He owes you a apology? I think you are trying to force something that isn't there. He has acknowledged his bad behavior, has paid his price through the legal system and his salary. He has shown as i understand it. The ability to learn from his mistake. Get off his jock homie

Right, because I said "he owes me an apology."

You're ****ing stupid.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Right, because I said "he owes me an apology."

You're ****ing stupid.

Someone need a tissue? So instead of tackling any of my argument's you just wanna call me ****ing stupid. Hmmm makes me winder whose stupid here.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 12:30 PM
His game does not justify his off field behavior. The team was counting on the guy to perform and he let them down. Cut the guy and let him find a job with the Fins/Jags. LB corps in denver is trending up with WW/Trevathan and old man Brooking.
Id be ok with this however, this team has potential. Id like to have depth.

I'm actually pretty thrilled linebacker is a pretty easy place to find talent in the off season.

Miss I.
11-02-2012, 12:31 PM
out of curiosity how many DUI's and in what time frame did he get them? It appears he has two DUIs within two years from what I saw. Is that correct?

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 12:31 PM
out of curiosity how many DUI's and in what time frame did he get them? It appears he has two DUIs within two years from what I saw. Is that correct?

I do believe so.

Stagger Lee
11-02-2012, 12:37 PM
2 DUIs and 2 career INTs. Great ratio DJ.

Miss I.
11-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Talent aside for one second, his interview came across at points like a guy put up to it by his publicist and clearly resented it. If he were anything other than an NFL player and he got DUIs like he has, would he still have a job? If I knew someone at work who did this I think I'd question his ability to be relied upon. I don't think he is reliable and his interview gives the impression of someone not taking any responsibility for who he is or what he does. He doesn't think about the consequences of his actions and seems to blame everyone else around him for misinterpreting him. Oh it's the media, oh its the fans, oh if I was Kuper it wouldn't be such a big deal. He might be right if he was Kuper it might not have been because Kuper hasn't got a history of being a jackass or being unreliable He needs to own his actions and stop acting like he's a victim. He's not. He put himself in the place he's in and until he owns it, he will never be a reliable employee for the Denver Broncos.

RhymesayersDU
11-02-2012, 12:48 PM
I’m close friends with Rod Smith, and to see how he went through his career and his life, and the relationships that he built, I want to have the same thing.

LOL...he still hasn't learned jack **** from Rod Smiths career.

You mean he beat his wife too??

SoCalBronco
11-02-2012, 12:49 PM

No its not correct. 5 years apart but don't let that get in your way.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Talent aside for one second, his interview came across at points like a guy put up to it by his publicist and clearly resented it. If he were anything other than an NFL player and he got DUIs like he has, would he still have a job? If I knew someone at work who did this I think I'd question his ability to be relied upon. I don't think he is reliable and his interview gives the impression of someone not taking any responsibility for who he is or what he does. He doesn't think about the consequences of his actions and seems to blame everyone else around him for misinterpreting him. Oh it's the media, oh its the fans, oh if I was Kuper it wouldn't be such a big deal. He might be right if he was Kuper it might not have been because Kuper hasn't got a history of being a jackass or being unreliable He needs to own his actions and stop acting like he's a victim. He's not. He put himself in the place he's in and until he owns it, he will never be a reliable employee for the Denver Broncos.
Valid points. However if my job js going to fire me for stuff of the clock we got problems. To many people have say in peoples lives that shouldn't if it affects the ability to be at work ok if not mind your own. Imho

baja
11-02-2012, 12:51 PM

All that means is he has had a drinking problem for at least 5 years. ;D

bronco militia
11-02-2012, 12:54 PM
You mean he beat his wife too??

she had it coming

RhymesayersDU
11-02-2012, 12:56 PM
she had it coming

Only if she burnt dinner.

Beantown Bronco
11-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Valid points. However if my job js going to fire me for stuff of the clock we got problems. To many people have say in peoples lives that shouldn't if it affects the ability to be at work ok if not mind your own. Imho

Couldn't disagree more. Regardless of whether it affects your work product or not, an employee's actions outside the office can most certainly have negative consequences to one's employer.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Only if she burnt dinner.
How can you burn water!

bronco militia
How can you burn water!

she burned his booze

Man-Goblin
DJ is misunderstood by the media and the public, and a lot of that is his fault because he doesn't really care. Even in this interview there are opinions he could have worded more clearly and/or with more compassion. And because of that his public perception doesn't match what type of person he really is.

I'm just looking forward to seeing what he can add to this team when he's back on the field. At the very least he's going to give them depth at a very thin position and be a special teams stud.

SoCalBronco
11-02-2012, 01:00 PM
All that means is he has had a drinking problem for at least 5 years. ;D

Lol.....its too bad he used the old man as a role model.

BroncoDoom
11-02-2012, 01:02 PM
I gained one thing from this interview...DJ is a very immature, insecure, and overly defensive man.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Regardless of whether it affects your work product or not, an employee's actions outside the office can most certainly have negative consequences to one's employer.

Fair enough, i can respect your opinion on that dj is in the public light. Alcoholism is a disease. I guess i just look at it differently. My work if you are caught drunk or high at work they put you on short term disability to address the issues. I never said dj needs to get a pass because he hasn't gotten one. He has paid the piper.

Miss I.
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM

My bad, so in 2005 he had a DUI and 2010 a DUI and in 2012 he failed a mandatory drug test. That is so much better.

How much field time are we losing because he can't keep his off the field behavior from impacting his work?

It's all well and good that he's got skills, but what good are they if he has to keep sitting out games? This year he is out what 9 games? The last time how many was he out? And given his pattern of behavior which includes repeating not just mistakes, but big ass life altering mistakes, what kind of investment is DJ Williams?

While in general I'd agree that a person's personal life is their own, when it seems to directly impact their ability to perform at work, employers do have a right to protect the other employees and themselves In this case there are a lot of other players who have a lot invested in wanting to win games and DJ's behavior is impacting that. He knows better than to drive drunk, he knows there are drug tests does he not? What the hell is his excuse? He wants to be a Bronco, then he should grow the **** up and work for it.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 01:09 PM
So a fair question do any of you get the torches and pitch forks out when you know aomeone personally gers a dui?

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I gained one thing from this interview...DJ is a very immature, insecure, and overly defensive man.

This was my initial impression. Then I confirmed it by watching him 'retweet' every positive feedback mention about it.

Then again, with his skill set, if he weren't such a pussy he'd be an all-pro

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 01:13 PM
So a fair question do any of you get the torches and pitch forks out when you know aomeone personally gers a dui?

Awkward comparison... Do people you know personally get paid millions to be a vehicle for your hobby?

baja
11-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Lol.....its too bad he used the old man as a role model.

Pat was smart enough to turn control of the Broncos over to John Elway. He can swim in a bath tub of gin for all i care now.

SoCalBronco
11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Pat was smart enough to turn control of the Broncos over to John Elway. He can swim in a bath tub of gin for all i care now.

Lol

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Lol

Mike explain this:

"We have a creed: It’s a select few who focus on bonding, and building relationships between each other, who indulge in the finer things in life, and never, I repeat, never, press for attention, or accept it."

A. How gay is that? Seriously sounds like he and Marcus were 69ing each other on the reg.

B. Is he ****ing serious?

http://orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3674&dateline=1349937013

Nwp-Apap
11-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Great interview, can't wait until he's back. Our defense is playing well, one can only imagine how much better they'll get with the addition of another pro bowl caliber talent.

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Great interview, can't wait until he's back. Our defense is playing well, one can only imagine how much better they'll get with the addition of another pro bowl caliber talent.

Did you seriously feel that way?

Honestly, I read the whole thing and can't help but walk away feeling like he's a huge pussy/baby and that he's also an idiot.

I mean... like here:

"What are your core beliefs?
Just living right. Treating people right. Through college, I took some religious classes. And I thought about the religion that made most sense to me, and I was like, Buddhism.

Do you practice Buddhism?
No, I don’t."

.........what?

SouthStndJunkie
11-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Player interviews are about as boring as it gets for me.

If I hear one on the radio or tv, I generally change the channel.

They either are politically correct and say nothing interesting or are out of touch with reality.

I like footage of players during games, like the Peyton Manning clip from the other day, but actual interviews are boring.

SouthStndJunkie
11-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Same deal when coached are being interviewed....boring.

The only time they say anything of interest is when they are pissed off during the post game press conferences.

rbackfactory80
11-02-2012, 03:22 PM
I think the most important part of the interview is the stress you can sense when he talks about all the mental preparation for him to be ready on Sunday. He talks about the memorization of many plays for different situations. Maybe he just isn't smart enough.

rbackfactory80
11-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Honestly, I read the whole thing and can't help but walk away feeling like he's a huge p***Y/baby and that he's also an idiot.

I mean... like here:

Just living right. Treating people right. Through college, I took some religious classes. And I thought about the religion that made most sense to me, and I was like, Buddhism.

No, I don’t."

.........what?

I'm in a touchy subject.

DomCasual
11-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I was touched that he buys turkeys for girls struggling with menstruation.

Did I get that part right?

Hamrob
11-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I've always felt that he's a solid LB.

The fact that he was gifted with the talent to be a great LB is what has frustrated me.

9yrs in Denver and he has only had his moments. Yes, he's had 8 DC's and played all 3 positions...but, he just never played like a All-Pro.

Given his draft status, and talent coming out of High School and College...I was expecting more.

Again, good player...just never great!

Atwater His Ass
11-02-2012, 04:08 PM
DJ doesn't help the team or anyone when he's can't get on the field. This interview doesn't change my opinion much at all. Get your **** together, get on the field and help your teammates. You can't do that by making dumb decisions. I still see this as DJ's last chance. You just can't expect the coaches to keep you around when you're one more mistake from a severe league suspension and putting your the team that's counting on you in a bad place, again.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Awkward comparison... Do people you know personally get paid millions to be a vehicle for your hobby?

Im talking about people you know personally. Correct me if im wrong here, but it sounds like to me if they dont make millions you dont care, or its acceptable. Sure dj has been tarred andfeathered for his mistakes but he has paid his due on the matter.

rbackfactory80
11-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I want to see a picture of Fred.

baja
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM

http://fantasticvoyages.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/no-country-for-old-men.jpg

extralife
11-02-2012, 04:47 PM

so you admit it's about you, not DJ (or Player X)?

Beantown Bronco
11-02-2012, 05:55 PM
And with the 24th pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Stephen Jackson, running back, Oregon State.

baja
11-02-2012, 06:52 PM
And with the 24th pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Stephen Jackson, running back, Oregon State.

Bean I feel like a movie. Got a recommendation that might be on NetFlix?

Vegas_Bronco
11-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I remember fighting over him or Vilma in the pre-draft...I'd pass on both at present. Miami U linebackers...take an additional 50% off.

extralife
11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I feel like I read a different interview than everyone else

Ratboy
11-02-2012, 07:34 PM
He'll help improve our defense.

orangemonkey
11-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I was touched that he buys turkeys for girls struggling with menstruation.

Did I get that part right?

ROFL! Nicely done!

Archer81
11-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I dont think he is going to be a Bronco in 2013.

:Broncos:

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 07:56 PM
so you admit it's about you, not DJ (or Player X)?

No clue how you came to that conclusion....

extralife
11-02-2012, 08:32 PM
strain your eyes real hard, you'll get it eventually

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 08:40 PM
strain your eyes real hard, you'll get it eventually

Or you could stop acting like such a bitch 24/7 and communicate like a big boy

theAPAOps5
11-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Or you could stop acting like such a b**** 24/7 and communicate like a big boy

**** JUST GOT REAL

lonestar
11-02-2012, 09:22 PM

Honestly, I read the whole thing and can't help but walk away feeling like he's a huge p***Y/baby and that he's also an idiot.

I mean... like here:

No, I don’t."

.........what?
:thumbs:

lonestar
11-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Im talking about people you know personally. Correct me if im wrong here, but it sounds like to me if they dont make millions you dont care, or its acceptable. Sure dj has been tarred andfeathered for his mistakes but he has paid his due on the matter.

what DUES?

BigPlayShay
11-02-2012, 09:30 PM

http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/custom-images/Blogs/100802_fred.jpg

Irish Stout
11-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Interesting read, but I didn't come out of it feeling a lot of sympathy for him. I can understand guys like him and ... Tiger Woods growing up having everything handed to them because they work hard and are really good at what they do. Women, money, fun... its all there and its not the real world.

Doesn't mean I give a ****. Stupid decisions are stupid.

extralife
11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Or you could stop acting like such a b**** 24/7 and communicate like a big boy

I treat children like children

also not my fault you can't really read. or think. or speak. or, uhhh--I think you get it.

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I treat children like children

also not my fault you can't really read. or think. or speak. or, uhhh--I think you get it.

No you dont. All you do is b**** and moan.

Stop identifying yourself through me and get secure in your own identity you fruit.

lonestar
11-02-2012, 09:43 PM
let me add talk is cheap..

we all saw it with BM in particular , I'm going to do better, I've let my teammates down. I've told the coach I would be good..

then he would go do something stupid again rinse and repeat..

if this was an isolated incident and not jsut about the dumbest thing an athlete could do then maybe I would have an ounce of compassion for him..

IF he were a stud LB, maybe but his contract is way above average and is so far doing an average job..

Please do not say he is the leading tackler on the team because that means crap look at the production of other good to great LBs and compare to them..

in fact let me do it..

he was number 39 in tackles last year by LB's .

Rk Player Team Pos Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Lng FF Rec TD
1 London Fletcher WAS ILB 166 96 70 1.5 -- 10 2 0 0 0 3 -- --
2 D'Qwell Jackson CLE MLB 158 116 42 3.5 -- 4 1 0 24 24 1 3 0
3 Chad Greenway MIN OLB 154 89 65 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 1 0
4 Pat Angerer IND MLB 148 78 70 1.0 -- 4 1 0 0 0 2 1 0
5 Curtis Lofton ATL MLB 147 87 60 1.0 0 9 2 1 30 26T 1 1 0
6 James Anderson CAR OLB 145 98 47 1.5 -- 11 2 0 5 5 0 3 0
7 NaVorro Bowman SF ILB 143 111 32 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 3 0
8 James Laurinaitis STL MLB 142 105 37 3.0 -- 9 2 0 15 15 0 1 0
9 Derrick Johnson KC ILB 131 104 27 2.0 -- 11 2 0 18 17 1 1 0
10 Nick Barnett BUF ILB 130 78 52 3.0 0 8 3 1 80 33 1 -- --
11 Paul Posluszny JAC MLB 119 69 50 2.0 -- 11 2 0 2 2 1 -- --
12 Desmond Bishop GB ILB 115 90 25 5.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 -- --
12 David Hawthorne SEA MLB 115 73 42 2.0 0 9 3 1 111 77T 0 1 0
12 Sean Weatherspoon ATL OLB 115 82 33 4.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 1 0
15 Brian Cushing HOU ILB 114 76 38 4.0 -- 7 2 0 5 5 2 -- --
16 Stephen Tulloch DET MLB 111 84 27 3.0 0 7 2 0 9 9 0 3 1
17 E.J. Henderson MIN MLB 109 80 29 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 3 -- --
17 DeAndre Levy DET OLB 109 73 36 1.0 -- 2 1 0 7 7 1 -- --
19 Daryl Smith JAC OLB 107 74 33 3.5 -- 9 1 0 25 25 2 -- --
19 Daryl Washington ARI ILB 107 95 12 5.0 -- 9 2 0 16 16 0 -- --
21 Kevin Burnett MIA ILB 106 84 22 2.5 0 4 1 1 34 34T 0 -- --
21 Takeo Spikes SD ILB 106 64 42 1.0 -- 4 1 0 45 45 0 -- --
23 Lance Briggs CHI OLB 105 86 19 0.0 -- 5 1 0 0 0 2 -- --
23 Sean Lee DAL ILB 105 71 34 0.0 -- 11 4 0 87 37 0 2 0
25 Kavell Conner IND OLB 104 50 54 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 1 0
26 Karlos Dansby MIA ILB 103 88 15 2.0 -- 5 1 0 14 14 1 -- --
27 Brian Urlacher CHI MLB 102 84 18 0.0 0 10 3 0 7 8 0 2 1
28 Thomas Howard CIN OLB 99 64 35 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 0 0
28 Rolando McClain OAK MLB 99 77 22 5.0 1 -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
30 Patrick Willis SF ILB 97 74 23 2.0 -- 13 1 0 10 10 4 2 0
30 Wesley Woodyard DEN MLB 97 67 30 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 -- --
32 Donald Butler SD ILB 96 78 18 2.0 0 3 1 0 2 2 2 1 1
33 Ray Lewis BAL ILB 95 72 23 2.0 -- 8 1 0 4 4 2 -- --
33 Jerod Mayo NE MLB 95 58 37 1.0 -- 6 2 0 4 2 1 -- --
35 Michael Boley NYG OLB 93 74 19 1.0 0 -- -- -- -- -- 1 3 1
35 Paris Lenon ARI ILB 93 64 29 3.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 1 0
35 Lawrence Timmons PIT ILB 93 68 25 2.0 -- 6 1 0 0 0 1 -- --
38 Jamar Chaney PHI MLB 92 67 25 1.0 -- 11 3 0 25 14 0 -- --
39 D.J. Williams DEN OLB 90 70 20 5.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 3 1 0

and here is 2012

Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
1 Chad Greenway MIN OLB 81 49 32 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
2 Jerod Mayo NE OLB 79 51 28 1.0 -- 3 1 0 0 0 3 1 0
3 James Laurinaitis STL MLB 74 62 12 0.5 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
4 Jerrell Freeman IND ILB 69 43 26 1.0 0 2 1 1 4 4T 1 -- --
5 NaVorro Bowman SF ILB 68 42 26 2.0 -- 6 1 0 11 11 0 -- --
5 Curtis Lofton NO MLB 68 48 20 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 1 0
5 Daryl Washington ARI ILB 68 60 8 8.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 -- --
8 Akeem Ayers TEN OLB 67 40 27 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
9 London Fletcher WAS ILB 65 38 27 1.0 -- 6 1 0 0 0 1 -- --
9 David Harris NYJ ILB 65 42 23 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 1 0
9 Derrick Johnson KC ILB 65 55 10 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
9 Perry Riley WAS ILB 65 34 31 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 1 0
9 Patrick Willis SF ILB 65 48 17 0.0 -- 7 1 0 0 0 1 1 0
9 K.J. Wright SEA OLB 65 50 15 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 -- --
15 A.J. Hawk GB ILB 62 36 26 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
15 Luke Kuechly CAR OLB 62 35 27 0.0 -- 4 1 0 -3 -3 0 1 0
15 Bobby Wagner SEA MLB 62 40 22 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
18 Wesley Woodyard DEN OLB 61 42 19 3.0 -- 5 2 0 15 8 1 -- --

sorry but this dumb ass does not deserve the love some of y'all give him..

extralife
11-02-2012, 09:51 PM
memememememememememe

hi

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
what DUES?

Legally, loss of income, what else do you guys want to happen, take his first born child.

baja
11-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Legally, loss of income, what else do you guys want to happen, take his first born child.

I just want to see him open up like the OP says.

SoCalBronco
11-02-2012, 10:08 PM
let me add talk is cheap..

we all saw it with BM in particular , I'm going to do better, I've let my teammates down. I've told the coach I would be good..

then he would go do something stupid again rinse and repeat..

if this was an isolated incident and not jsut about the dumbest thing an athlete could do then maybe I would have an ounce of compassion for him..

IF he were a stud LB, maybe but his contract is way above average and is so far doing an average job..

Please do not say he is the leading tackler on the team because that means crap look at the production of other good to great LBs and compare to them..

in fact let me do it..

he was number 39 in tackles last year by LB's .

1 London Fletcher WAS ILB 166 96 70 1.5 -- 10 2 0 0 0 3 -- --
2 D'Qwell Jackson CLE MLB 158 116 42 3.5 -- 4 1 0 24 24 1 3 0
3 Chad Greenway MIN OLB 154 89 65 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 1 0
4 Pat Angerer IND MLB 148 78 70 1.0 -- 4 1 0 0 0 2 1 0
5 Curtis Lofton ATL MLB 147 87 60 1.0 0 9 2 1 30 26T 1 1 0
6 James Anderson CAR OLB 145 98 47 1.5 -- 11 2 0 5 5 0 3 0
7 NaVorro Bowman SF ILB 143 111 32 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 3 0
8 James Laurinaitis STL MLB 142 105 37 3.0 -- 9 2 0 15 15 0 1 0
9 Derrick Johnson KC ILB 131 104 27 2.0 -- 11 2 0 18 17 1 1 0
10 Nick Barnett BUF ILB 130 78 52 3.0 0 8 3 1 80 33 1 -- --
11 Paul Posluszny JAC MLB 119 69 50 2.0 -- 11 2 0 2 2 1 -- --
12 Desmond Bishop GB ILB 115 90 25 5.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 -- --
12 David Hawthorne SEA MLB 115 73 42 2.0 0 9 3 1 111 77T 0 1 0
12 Sean Weatherspoon ATL OLB 115 82 33 4.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 1 0
15 Brian Cushing HOU ILB 114 76 38 4.0 -- 7 2 0 5 5 2 -- --
16 Stephen Tulloch DET MLB 111 84 27 3.0 0 7 2 0 9 9 0 3 1
17 E.J. Henderson MIN MLB 109 80 29 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 3 -- --
17 DeAndre Levy DET OLB 109 73 36 1.0 -- 2 1 0 7 7 1 -- --
19 Daryl Smith JAC OLB 107 74 33 3.5 -- 9 1 0 25 25 2 -- --
19 Daryl Washington ARI ILB 107 95 12 5.0 -- 9 2 0 16 16 0 -- --
21 Kevin Burnett MIA ILB 106 84 22 2.5 0 4 1 1 34 34T 0 -- --
21 Takeo Spikes SD ILB 106 64 42 1.0 -- 4 1 0 45 45 0 -- --
23 Lance Briggs CHI OLB 105 86 19 0.0 -- 5 1 0 0 0 2 -- --
23 Sean Lee DAL ILB 105 71 34 0.0 -- 11 4 0 87 37 0 2 0
25 Kavell Conner IND OLB 104 50 54 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 1 0
26 Karlos Dansby MIA ILB 103 88 15 2.0 -- 5 1 0 14 14 1 -- --
27 Brian Urlacher CHI MLB 102 84 18 0.0 0 10 3 0 7 8 0 2 1
28 Thomas Howard CIN OLB 99 64 35 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 0 0
28 Rolando McClain OAK MLB 99 77 22 5.0 1 -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
30 Patrick Willis SF ILB 97 74 23 2.0 -- 13 1 0 10 10 4 2 0
30 Wesley Woodyard DEN MLB 97 67 30 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 -- --
32 Donald Butler SD ILB 96 78 18 2.0 0 3 1 0 2 2 2 1 1
33 Ray Lewis BAL ILB 95 72 23 2.0 -- 8 1 0 4 4 2 -- --
33 Jerod Mayo NE MLB 95 58 37 1.0 -- 6 2 0 4 2 1 -- --
35 Michael Boley NYG OLB 93 74 19 1.0 0 -- -- -- -- -- 1 3 1
35 Paris Lenon ARI ILB 93 64 29 3.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 1 0
35 Lawrence Timmons PIT ILB 93 68 25 2.0 -- 6 1 0 0 0 1 -- --
38 Jamar Chaney PHI MLB 92 67 25 1.0 -- 11 3 0 25 14 0 -- --
39 D.J. Williams DEN OLB 90 70 20 5.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 3 1 0

and here is 2012

Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
1 Chad Greenway MIN OLB 81 49 32 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
2 Jerod Mayo NE OLB 79 51 28 1.0 -- 3 1 0 0 0 3 1 0
3 James Laurinaitis STL MLB 74 62 12 0.5 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
4 Jerrell Freeman IND ILB 69 43 26 1.0 0 2 1 1 4 4T 1 -- --
5 NaVorro Bowman SF ILB 68 42 26 2.0 -- 6 1 0 11 11 0 -- --
5 Curtis Lofton NO MLB 68 48 20 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 1 0
5 Daryl Washington ARI ILB 68 60 8 8.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 -- --
8 Akeem Ayers TEN OLB 67 40 27 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
9 London Fletcher WAS ILB 65 38 27 1.0 -- 6 1 0 0 0 1 -- --
9 David Harris NYJ ILB 65 42 23 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 1 0
9 Derrick Johnson KC ILB 65 55 10 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
9 Perry Riley WAS ILB 65 34 31 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 1 0
9 Patrick Willis SF ILB 65 48 17 0.0 -- 7 1 0 0 0 1 1 0
9 K.J. Wright SEA OLB 65 50 15 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 -- --
15 A.J. Hawk GB ILB 62 36 26 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
15 Luke Kuechly CAR OLB 62 35 27 0.0 -- 4 1 0 -3 -3 0 1 0
15 Bobby Wagner SEA MLB 62 40 22 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
18 Wesley Woodyard DEN OLB 61 42 19 3.0 -- 5 2 0 15 8 1 -- --

sorry but this dumb ass does not deserve the love some of y'all give him..

You know he missed several games due to injury right?

I'm sure that was just an innocent oversight on your part though.

lonestar
11-02-2012, 10:08 PM

those IMO are not dues.. he could have killed someone. HE need to do jail time like mere mortals do for his violations not to mention his stupidity of the non human urine to fake out the illegal drugs he must have been taking..

sorry this moron does not get a pass.. as for first born good chance it would never happen if he was taking steroids..

got enough illegitimate kids in the world as it is..

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Ha!I just want to see him open up like the OP says.later on in the interview he asked him if hed do interviews after he came back and he said he wouldn't. Correct me if I'm wrong.

baja
11-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Ha!later on in the interview he asked him if hed do interviews after he came back and he said he wouldn't. Correct me if I'm wrong.

no kidding. I'd say the whole thing was scripted if it weren't so lame and divisive.

lonestar
11-02-2012, 10:14 PM
You know he missed several games due to injury right?

I'm sure that was just an innocent oversight on your part though.

who cares? 3 games BFD do you suppose that the other 38 guys ahead of him played in every game?

He is not that special.. how Y'all do not see that is beyond me..

talk is cheap..

In fact last year Woodyard had better numbers with 6 less starts.. and this year is on pace for close to 140 tackles..

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 10:16 PM
those IMO are not dues.. he could have killed someone. HE need to do jail time like mere mortals do for his violations not to mention his stupidity of the non human urine to fake out the illegal drugs he must have been taking..

sorry this moron does not get a pass.. as for first born good chance it would never happen if he was taking steroids..

got enough illegitimate kids in the world as it is..
If you got money in this country you can get away with almost anything.
Right or wrong. Don't like it write a congressman. Thirty days is i think the minimum i think in the state of colorado for DUI. He could do that standing on his head. I think it was a bigger hit of 3m that hurt.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 10:22 PM
who cares? 3 games BFD do you suppose that the other 38 guys ahead of him played in every game?

He is not that special.. how Y'all do not see that is beyond me..

talk is cheap..

In fact last year Woodyard had better numbers with 6 less starts.. and this year is on pace for close to 140 tackles..

I dint think i ever in this thread said he was special. I actually said id like to see woodyard continue to start. My problem is people continuing to be a bunch of assholes. He had his day in court. Most people would never ever ever ridicule a person that had a dui that they personally know. Sounds like people up on a soapbox. Im looking at you lonestar

lonestar
11-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I expect SoCal in here at any moment, dispensing his benediction and nominating DJ for sainthood. ;D

isn't that the truth.. some of the folks are not rational or a bit logical when it comes to the one they have a bromance with..

lonestar
11-02-2012, 10:29 PM
If you got money in this country you can get away with almost anything.
Right or wrong. Don't like it write a congressman. Thirty days is i think the minimum i think in the state of colorado for DUI. He could do that standing on his head. I think it was a bigger hit of 3m that hurt.

yet he has not spent a day in jail for it has he and this is his second offense that we know of..

how many times was he given a pass because he was a bronco.. we all know that happens do not we.. call them a cab and have the car towed or have someone come get it..

lonestar
11-02-2012, 10:31 PM
I dint think i ever in this thread said he was special. I actually said id like to see woodyard continue to start. My problem is people continuing to be a bunch of a-holes. He had his day in court. Most people would never ever ever ridicule a person that had a dui that they personally know. Sounds like people up on a soapbox. Im looking at you lonestar

their are loads of folks that think the guy is the best if you have not seen them then your spending to much time doing other things.. I spend less than a hour a day in front of my computer on here.. and I see it..

as for your last comment..
I'm shivering in my boots..

mkporter
11-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Neither are bridges, doesn't mean you jump off them.

Your analogy makes zero sense. I suggest you lay off the bridges for a while.

baja
11-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Your analogy makes zero sense. I suggest you lay off the bridges for a while.

You kidding that is funny as hell.

Just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean you get to abuse it, like driving while impaired. You get that right?

mkporter
11-02-2012, 11:19 PM
You kidding that is funny as hell.

Just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean you get to abuse it, like driving while impaired. You get that right?

I think we already covered that driving while impaired is actually illegal, so it's not as though he's just abusing something legal. He was actually breaking a law.

Getting arrested for a DUI doesn't mean that you drink too much or too often. It means that you made a really stupid decision. He doesn't need to quit drinking, he needs to quit being stupid.

baja
11-02-2012, 11:25 PM
I think we already covered that driving while impaired is actually illegal, so it's not as though he's just abusing something legal. He was actually breaking a law.

Getting arrested for a DUI doesn't mean that you drink too much or too often. It means that you made a really stupid decision. He doesn't need to quit drinking, he needs to quit being stupid.

One OK, two that probably indicates a problem. Plus there is his reputation as a party guy.

KevinJames
11-03-2012, 01:09 AM
DJ will be able to help us on the field thats all I care about. Hes a LB I give two f's how he treats the media.

swaiy
11-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Who will you guys harp on next? First Rahim, now DJ. My next guess is Porter if he comes back and sucks a few plays.

pricejj
11-03-2012, 02:13 AM
Great interview, DJ is just a regular guy, who doesn't like attention. I think he did this interview because Dmac (104.3) was saying he should "cut the grass" or be "janitor" when he comes back.

The DUI's are one thing, and I get why people are upset about that. DUI's are pretty freaking bad...but besides that.

He is a normal dude, who has been an outstanding Bronco. How many current Bronco's have made the ProBowl like DJ? There's only a few. How many draft pick busts have we had? Too many to count.

DJ is a good Bronco, and I guarantee you he will make a plays this year to help us win games. He's not a bad guy...I wouldn't want to talk to the media either. There are a lot of douches (just like some people in this thread), and they tend to be the vocal ones. A bunch of crap talkers here, when DJ has been the best Defensive player the Broncos have had over the past several years, other than Champ.

Welcome back DJ, hope you get a SuperBowl before you retire as a Bronco!

spiralism
11-03-2012, 03:33 AM
I liked that interview actually. What you see is what you get with DJ

Broncos_OTM
11-03-2012, 05:45 AM
their are loads of folks that think the guy is the best if you have not seen them then your spending to much time doing other things.. I spend less than a hour a day in front of my computer on here.. and I see it..

as for your last comment..
I'm shivering in my boots..ive been on this board sfor 1516 months longer then you and have roughly 1000 posts les. So yes you could say i spend to much tike in the real world.

I see so cal defending dj. That's his deal.

You on the other hand are a hypocrite, you bash dj for his transgressions. Yet if he was a stud you could over look it. So basically what you say here to me holds no water and im assuming you have a vendetta or here to simply troll.

I guess i can see why there are a few folks around here that don't care much for you.

Like i said don't like the judicial system write a congressmen.

TheReverend
11-03-2012, 06:21 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/03/d-j-williams-i-was-dealt-an-unfair-deal-and-im-bitter/

I guess he's busy whining to USA Today too. Poor DJ is such a victim

Broncos_OTM
11-03-2012, 06:32 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/03/d-j-williams-i-was-dealt-an-unfair-deal-and-im-bitter/

I guess he's busy whining to USA Today too. Poor DJ is such a victim
Lol now i see why guy doesn't talk to the media
Typical distraction point fingers and cry foul when you're in hot water. Good thing woodyadd is a beast. At the very least i hope he comes out and plays with a chip on his shoulder

TheReverend
11-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Lol now i see why guy doesn't talk to the media
Typical distraction point fingers and cry foul when you're in hot water. Good thing woodyadd is a beast. At the very least i hope he comes out and plays with a chip on his shoulder

He seems to get upset when people report reality.

Caught with synthetic urine? Suspension unfair!

Multiple DUIs? People think I'm selfish!

But the whining about his play irks me even more. Think they don't 'respect your ability'? Try making a ****ing play for once. Woodyards been doing it the whole time he's been gone

Archer81
11-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Great interview, DJ is just a regular guy, who doesn't like attention. I think he did this interview because Dmac (104.3) was saying he should "cut the grass" or be "janitor" when he comes back.

The DUI's are one thing, and I get why people are upset about that. DUI's are pretty freaking bad...but besides that.

He is a normal dude, who has been an outstanding Bronco. How many current Bronco's have made the ProBowl like DJ? There's only a few. How many draft pick busts have we had? Too many to count.

DJ is a good Bronco, and I guarantee you he will make a plays this year to help us win games. He's not a bad guy...I wouldn't want to talk to the media either. There are a lot of douches (just like some people in this thread), and they tend to be the vocal ones. A bunch of crap talkers here, when DJ has been the best Defensive player the Broncos have had over the past several years, other than Champ.

Welcome back DJ, hope you get a SuperBowl before you retire as a Bronco!

Its not a question of DJ's talent. He has it. Its a matter of his inability to make consistently good decisions, costing him and the team gametime. He can whine about his play or how many coaches and coordinators he's had. Champ has had just as many. Champ is not getting wasted then driving home. Champ is not using synthetic urine to avoid drug related suspensions.

Its not crap talking when you point out DJ's failures. Its a statement of reality. His decision making is proven to be poor. For that reason I believe he will not be a Bronco after this year. And as Kaylore pointed out in his Woodyard thread...WW has made more plays in half a season then DJ has made in 9 of them.

:Broncos:

gunns
11-03-2012, 08:24 AM
He does sound slightly bitter, that he's done wrong things but people don't know the foundation. Dude, something wrong, is something wrong. Foundation or not.

And he very much seems to trivalize the fans

"Not really. I understand. But what fans don’t understand is, yeah, we lose a game. You’re mad, you had a five-dollar wager on it, you’re probably going to get teased by your friends, your work colleagues. (But) when we lose games, guys lose jobs, livelihoods – guys who are married who have wives and kids. We’re talking about multi-millions (of) dollars being lost. So for someone to think that someone who lost a game is not upset is foolish. Just because their actions after a game are different than some other people? It’s foolish. We have a saying in the locker room, ‘Hold on to this one for the day and get it over with, and get ready for the next one.’ Just because a guy goes straight home after a win or loss doesn’t mean that he cared about something more than me. And I know the perception of it, but guys release and get rid of stress in different ways."

Yeah dude, it's because we had a 5 dollar wager. Get a clue, we love this team as much as you, maybe more.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2012, 08:38 AM
He seems to get upset when people report reality.

Caught with synthetic urine? Suspension unfair!

Multiple DUIs? People think I'm selfish!

But the whining about his play irks me even more. Think they don't 'respect your ability'? Try making a ****ing play for once. Woodyards been doing it the whole time he's been gone

This

Shut his mouth, come back and make a freaking play that helps his team.

gunns
11-03-2012, 08:41 AM
I dint think i ever in this thread said he was special. I actually said id like to see woodyard continue to start. My problem is people continuing to be a bunch of a-holes. He had his day in court. Most people would never ever ever ridicule a person that had a dui that they personally know. Sounds like people up on a soapbox. Im looking at you lonestar

BS. Like I tell my kids if you do something wrong you may pay longer than you think appropriate but you brought it on yourself. Do it again and you may never shake it off and you have no one to blame but yourself.

A day in court is only part of it. Serving your punishment is another part. Proving your better than that and have sincere remorse is the biggest part. He can't find a foundation he's passionate about? How about Madd?

baja
11-03-2012, 08:42 AM
He does sound slightly bitter, that he's done wrong things but people don't know the foundation. Dude, something wrong, is something wrong. Foundation or not.

And he very much seems to trivalize the fans

"Not really. I understand. But what fans don’t understand is, yeah, we lose a game. You’re mad, you had a five-dollar wager on it, you’re probably going to get teased by your friends, your work colleagues. (But) when we lose games, guys lose jobs, livelihoods – guys who are married who have wives and kids. We’re talking about multi-millions (of) dollars being lost. So for someone to think that someone who lost a game is not upset is foolish. Just because their actions after a game are different than some other people? It’s foolish. We have a saying in the locker room, ‘Hold on to this one for the day and get it over with, and get ready for the next one.’ Just because a guy goes straight home after a win or loss doesn’t mean that he cared about something more than me. And I know the perception of it, but guys release and get rid of stress in different ways."

Yeah dude, it's because we had a 5 dollar wager. Get a clue, we love this team as much as you, maybe more.

Fans can be real dumb asses and annoying in the sheer numbers of them wanting to interact with the player but here's the thing without the fans the player doesn't get a fat check so if you like the finer things in life as DJ expressed than you should understand being pestered or annoyed by fans in part of the deal.

LongDongJohnson
11-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Glad to hear that he kept himself in great shape. He sounds ripped. We can use him when he comes back.

lonestar
11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
ive been on this board sfor 1516 months longer then you and have roughly 1000 posts les. So yes you could say i spend to much tike in the real world.

I see so cal defending dj. That's his deal.

You on the other hand are a hypocrite, you bash dj for his transgressions. Yet if he was a stud you could over look it. So basically what you say here to me holds no water and im assuming you have a vendetta or here to simply troll.

I guess i can see why there are a few folks around here that don't care much for you.

Like i said don't like the judicial system write a congressmen.

Not sure where you are getting that comment but IIRC the comment was if he was a super stud I might be able to overlook some of it..

By that I meant if he was a RAY Lewis type player.. but he could not hold his Jock.. Even then he should be getting more than a slap on the wrist..

as for the punishment IIRC 30 days house arrest after the season... that is a joke..

he should be doing hard time in a jail in with real criminals, unable to see his rat pack, except during visiting hours should not be treated like a celeb..

Maybe then he will get the ramifications of DUI, the two times we know about..

as for writing my legislators believe me I have,..

as for you being here a 126 years longer than I have I am really proud of you for being able to put out an incoherent thought....

once again I bash the moron because he is a dumb ass who gets love because people are dumb.. think that leading this team in tackles is something special..

all that really means is he led a few times, a really piss poor defense in tackles.. wonder what he could do on a real team..

lets hope he gets a chance when we trade or cut his overpriced ass..

fontaine
11-03-2012, 04:40 PM
We should bring in Jason Williams.

TheReverend
11-03-2012, 04:41 PM

The Eagle?

fontaine
11-03-2012, 05:09 PM
The Eagle?

Yup, they cut him a few days ago. I think Fox drafted(?) coached him before. But he looks to be healthy now.

rbackfactory80
11-03-2012, 05:53 PM
He is just following his best friend Vilma with this raw deal BS.

OrangeSe7en
11-04-2012, 04:59 AM
He wasn't really that candid. There was a lot of "there's a lot that people don't understand", which he seems to be hiding behind. Either say what that is, or stop wasting my time. So, you object to how you're portrayed in the media? Whose fault is that?

TheReverend
11-04-2012, 06:27 AM
He is just following his best friend Vilma with this raw deal BS.

Repped. There's probably a disturbing amount of truth to this

DBroncos4life
11-04-2012, 08:37 AM

He was drafted by the Boys and played with the Panthers in 2010.

baja
11-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I still wish Warren had not been hurt. If we had him we could play some 3 / 4 when DJ gets back and I think we could tear it up with that configuration