PDA

View Full Version : Most exciting\depressing Broncos moments

in awe
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Wondering what everyone's greatest and worst points as a fan are. I haven't missed a game in decades so I have many.

My favorite: bailey INT on Brady in 05. I nearly had a stroke.

Worst: around 2002 Miami beat us with a field goal. Don't remember why but that crushed me.

errand
11-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Getting crushed NYG, WASH, and SF by combined score of 136-40 in SB's.....lowest points

Beating Pittsburgh in '77 and '11and Oakland in AFCCG in '77....and winning back to back Jack in SB XXXII and XXXIII obviously the highest points

dsmoot
11-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Worst moments: Superbowl losses vs. Washington and San Fran. Not because the team lost but because it wasn't even competitive.

Best moment: The 1977 season. Hard to pick an exact moment but obviously when the AFC Championship game was over and we knew we were going to New Orleans. I have said it many times here, the season was simply magical considering where the team had come from in just a few years.

mwill07
11-01-2012, 08:08 PM
top moment: either Elways helicopter dive in XXXII or the strike to a sliding Mark Jackson to cap The Drive.

Worst is easy: 1996 playoff game vs JAX. so much expectations, a closing window on Elways career, a great home-field advantage, vs an upstart expansion team. That was a dark day.

Elway 4 Life
11-01-2012, 08:11 PM
The super bowl losses were obviously horrible moments. The playoff loss to the jaguars still hurts. We could have 3 peated.

Best moment has to be John helicoptering his way to our fisrt SB win. I remember that game being so vividly.

gunns
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Favorite: There are so many but of course the SB wins. Also the Drive, the Houston comeback, so many.

Worst: There are two for me. Jacksonville. Horrible. The ass rape by Oakland two years ago.

TheReverend
11-01-2012, 08:28 PM
I'll go semi recent since everyone will cite the SB's and 96 Jax, etc.

Highs:

Tebow to Demaryius last year.
Sauerbrun forcing a fumble vs the Pats in playoffs
Hochuli call
The game Oakland won with a field goal... that turned out to not count because Shanahan called a TO at the last instant and Janko missed the rekick

Lows:

Firing Shanahan
Josh McDaniels
Kyle Orton's play
2005 Pitt playoff game

McDman
11-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Stokely's catch against the Bengals was pretty awesome.

I'd like to go back and see the game thread for that one.

Tim
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Highs
Portis' 5 TD game vs KC
Tebow to Demaryius
Superbowl 32/33

Lows
02 in miami.. I still hate olindo mare or whatever for that heart breaker and Ian GOld for having that INT go through his hands

The intential Safety game vs the pats

Getting manning'd in the early to mid 00's playoffs every

McDman
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM
I'll go semi recent since everyone will cite the SB's and 96 Jax, etc.

Highs:

Tebow to Demaryius last year.
Sauerbrun forcing a fumble vs the Pats in playoffs
Hochuli call
The game Oakland won with a field goal... that turned out to not count because Shanahan called a TO at the last instant and Janko missed the rekick

Lows:

Firing Shanahan
Josh McDaniels
Kyle Orton's play
2005 Pitt playoff game

Hochuli's call was awesome. Eddie Royal was so awesome that year.

in awe
11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
top moment: either Elways helicopter dive in XXXII or the strike to a sliding Mark Jackson to cap The Drive.

Worst is easy: 1996 playoff game vs JAX. so much expectations, a closing window on Elways career, a great home-field advantage, vs an upstart expansion team. That was a dark day.

Yeah I hate Mark Brunnell. That game was tough.

Archer81
11-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Highs: Winning two superbowls.
Lows: Losing 3 superbowls (in my lifetime).

:Broncos:

Vegas_Bronco
11-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Low: td blowing out his knee...damn i loved watching that guy
High: watching him roll on those over confident packers to win the sbowl...john jumping up in the air after the first sbowl win in franchise history.

maher_tyler
11-01-2012, 08:59 PM
High points were the Super Bowls. Orton dropping back against the Raiders in that Monday night game last year and dropping/fumbling the ball without even being touched. Watching Orton play QB is easily the most depressing times I've had as a Broncos fan.

bap454
11-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Highs:

"The Drive"
Tebow to DT
Mobely knocking down the Bret Farve 4th down pass to seal the SuperBowl

Lows:

I was young and remember not allowing my self to cry infront of my dad:

The Steve Sewell fumble in the AFC Championship game against the Bills. It was late and Elway was driving the team deep in Bill teritory for the win/tie.
Will never forget how I felt. Does this ring a bell?

Wes Mantooth
11-01-2012, 09:07 PM

+1 on the 96 jax game. D@mn you Michael Dean Perry!

mwill07
11-01-2012, 09:19 PM

I remember Sharpe talking about how depressing that game was, it would set the franchise back years. I honestly think that game led to the new uniforms - it was such a devastating game that we needed to change things up drastically. Nothing more drastic than letting Nike trash a decades-long tradition.

MagicHef
11-01-2012, 09:24 PM
High? January 14, 2006 and January 8th, 2012.

Low? January 1st, 2007.

ZONA
11-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Best "moment" I ever felt was the first play from scrimmage for the Broncos in Superbowl XXII. Fastest TD in superbowl history. Pure deep bomb from Elway to Nattiel .You guys remember that play? I remember it like it was yesterday. I was on the highest of highs at that very moment.

Go to 2:28

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D7IXiextIug?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bap454
11-01-2012, 09:41 PM
High? January 14, 2006 and January 8th, 2012.

Low? January 1st, 2007.

January 1st, 2007. That indeed was a rough morning.

errand
11-01-2012, 09:46 PM
The Steve Sewell fumble in the AFC Championship game against the Bills. It was late and Elway was driving the team deep in Bill teritory for the win/tie.

Nope, because it was Gary Kubiak who was leading us down the field when Sewell fumbled.

bap454
11-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Nope, because it was Gary Kubiak who was leading us down the field when Sewell fumbled.

LOL. My tears were misguided as a child. Now I can move on. Thank you

Archer81
11-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Hmm...most exciting...well one of them would be TD needing 170 yards to hit 2000. He gets 178.

Most depressing...2005 AFCC game. That game is a checkpoint. We win it and make a SB appearance (and probable victory) the next 7 years is completely different.

:Broncos:

baja
11-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Highs watching TD going from a 6th round pick that was in jeopardy of being cut to becoming a super star and bring 2 SBs to the Broncos.

Lows; TD early ending career and the Jacksonville heartbreaker.

ChampJesusBailey
11-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I began rooting for Denver in 91 I believe so the SB losses were before my time.

Highs: The first Super Bowl win. The whole game was just amazing. The rofflecopter play stands out, and the last deflection on 4th down when you knew it meant the Broncos won and Elway would get his ring. Also the playoff game with the Pats and the Bailey INT return. Also so many games last season. Say what you want about Timmy Teebs but man there was tons of drama.

Another high was this offseason when I went inside the house and tuned into NFLN one morning and saw we'd signed Peyton Manning. Also I live North Texas so in 2005 I went to the Broncos/Cowboys Thanksgiving game and saw Denver win in OT after Ron Dayne of all people broke a long run to set up the field goal. Got a pic with Barrel Man! (RIP)

Lows: The lowest of course was waking up on New Years day and going to ESPN.com and just seeing a little link at the top alongside some other stories saying Darrent Williams was murdered overnight. Just shocked the hell out of me. I was already Broncos depressed because IIRC they lost a game to the 49ers that could have clinched a playoff spot had they won, but that news just took it a million levels lower.

Another low was a couple years before that when the Steelers just dominated them at Invesco. It is clear that after 2 seasons of being Peyton's bitch in the playoffs, the Broncos knocked off the defending champions and then found out that instead of going back to Indy for round 3 they'd be hosting the Steelers and they just didn't take the game as seriously as they needed to. And they made so many mistakes and failed to take advantage of so many Steelers mistakes. Champ had a terrible game. I remember him dropping a pick 6 thrown right to him IIRC and he also got looked off and fooled terribly on a TD pass by Big Ben.

A couple seasons ago the wife and I drove from North Texas to Denver to catch the Broncos vs Raiders and the game was a shellacking. Worst of all we had 2 annoying Raiders fans behind us who were not only Raiders fans but were Yankees from New York and wouldn't shut up about baseball and the NY Yankees. But yeah, mostly the negative here was the product on the field.

broncocalijohn
11-01-2012, 10:17 PM
I will give my highs for being in attendance:
Both Super Bowl wins (and partying before and after of the 3 days)
Vs Pats win in 2005/06. Stadium was rocking and all there for tailgate know how cool it was there.
Eddie Royal vs Charger game on his two returns
Vs Chargers on MNF in 2012 when we came back from 24 points
1995 vs Raiders on MNF and shutting them out and starting their consecutive losing streak to fall out of the division...started to use Chokeland Faiders after that on the internet.

LOWS:
Losing to the Raiders in the snowstorm with the Claw missing a perfect pass in the endzone. Ended my streak of about 25 away games for me (any game that I have to fly to) with a win.
Vs Chargers at San Diego when LT had 4 TDs and Chargers skunked us so damn bad.

in awe
11-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Stokely's catch against the Bengals was pretty awesome.

I'd like to go back and see the game thread for that one.

What I loved about that was the Madden like play where stokely walked the goal line to kill time

in awe
11-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Highs
Portis' 5 TD game vs KC
Tebow to Demaryius
Superbowl 32/33

Lows
02 in miami.. I still hate olindo mare or whatever for that heart breaker and Ian GOld for having that INT go through his hands

The intential Safety game vs the pats

Getting manning'd in the early to mid 00's playoffs every

God, remember when Harrison didn't get touched down.

Wes Mantooth
11-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I remember Sharpe talking about how depressing that game was, it would set the franchise back years. I honestly think that game led to the new uniforms - it was such a devastating game that we needed to change things up drastically. Nothing more drastic than letting Nike trash a decades-long tradition.

I honestly think Elway would have retired a year earlier. The story was cooler in retrospect but that one really hurt at the time.

in awe
11-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I honestly think Elway would have retired a year earlier. The story was cooler in retrospect but that one really hurt at the time.

I think we would have 3peated. The only team that could have beat us during that period was maybe that 98 Vikings team.

ol#7
11-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Highs:

1. SB 32
2. The Drive
3. SB 33
4. Hail Demaryius
5. Drive II
6. 77 AFCCG
7. Baily 99 3/4 TD Pats Playoff

Lows

1. Jaguars playoff
2. 2005 AFCCG
3. Bills AFCCG
4. All SB losses (they kind of run together)
5. 1985 Playoff loss to Stealers
6. Losing old 'Mile High' Stadium
7. 1989 MNF collapse against the Shanny led Raiders.

NUB
11-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Most have already been mentioned, but that morning I woke up to see Darrent Williams had been shot was just terrible.

BowlenBall
11-02-2012, 04:44 AM
Best Broncos moments that I've watched live:

1) The Drive
2) The Drive II
3) Hail Demaryius

Worst Broncos mements that I've watched live:

1) 2nd half of the Broncos/Giants Superbowl
2) 2nd quarter of the Broncos/Redskins Superbowl
3) Playoff loss to the Jaguars in 1996

orangemonkey
11-02-2012, 06:05 AM
High:
First Superbowl win

Low:
Josh McDaniels. It was a Patriots high colonic to all of Broncos Country. I guess the upside is that we purged everything Patriot from Dove Valley forever. But to have this franchise marred with cheating and that little **** was the lowest of lows for the Broncos.

Tim
11-02-2012, 06:23 AM
God, remember when Harrison didn't get touched down.

Yep, that was ugly. Manning put on a clinic that day

Irish Stout
11-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Jacksonville 96 - low

Super Bowl 32 - everything

In the past decade:
The 2008 season, specifically the Bills game at home - low

Last season's playoff win against Pittsburgh (I hate the steelers so much... crowd really showed up and everyone was hugging and dancing after the DT TD) - high

Offseason:
The stretch where Shanny got fired, McD got hired and Cutler got traded - low

Peyton Manning - Manning.

rovolution
11-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Best: Tebow to DT against the Steelers in OT. I hadn't seen the Bronco nation that united in a long time. It symbolized the return of Broncos football out of the doldrums of the Josh McDaniels era.

I was too young to remember the SB years!

Worst: 2005 AFC Title game loss to the Steelers at home...Really thought when the Steelers beat the Colts to give us home-field that we were going to be the team of destiny that year. When Champ missed that potential game changing pick 6 and it floated right into Hines Ward's hands, I had a horrible feeling in my stomach. That was the beginning of the end of the Shanahan era.

The loss to Buffalo during Shanny's final season is definitely #2. That was the true end of an era loss.

crowebomber
11-02-2012, 07:28 AM

I can still see his fat, slow a$$ waddling off the field. It haunts me.

crowebomber
11-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Most of you have mentioned my best/worst, but I would add the comback win against the Oilers in 1991. My buddy and I watched it at his place and we were going crazy when Elway started on our own 2 yard line with 2 minutes to go and marched us down for a game winning field goal. My friend was killed in a car accident a few days later so it's a pretty memorable game for me.

For those of you who are too young or don't remember, you can check out that drive here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFYwferLVQ

SleepingTiger
11-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Low's

When TD, Sharpe, Elway, Rod Smith, Atwater retired.
Watching the ball go through the hands of Champ Bailey for a sure pick six from Rothlisburger in the AFC championship game.
The firing of Shanahan, trade of Cutler and dismantling of a very good offensive team
Watching Orton drop back for a pass.
Watching Sharpe catch a TD pass against us in the playoffs.
This was when i was a kid, but Denver up I think 21 or 24 pts on the Raiders by halftime only to see them loose.
Dennis Smith getting ran over by Bo Jackson

High's

Superbowls of course
firing of McDaniels
hiring Shanahan
Trade for Champ
Peyton signing
Atwater hit on Okoye
Atwater hit during the superbowl where he took out himself, his teammate and the opposing WR
Mobley breaking up the Brett Farve pass to win Denvers 1st superbowl
Stokely TD catch from Peyton on most impressive comeback in Broncos history

Smiling Assassin27
11-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Highs
*Mobley knocking down Favre's last gasp in Super Bowl 32--the pinnacle.
*Mark Jackson catching Elways' bullet in Cleveland to tie it up in the AFCCG
*Elway bomb to Nattiel v Redskins
*Manning press conference
*Tebow to DT v the Steelers

Low:

Darrent Williams' untimely death
TD's career ending injury
Loss to Giants on cusp of undefeated season
Sewell's fumble in AFCCG v Bills
Josh McDaniels--nuff said

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2012, 08:19 AM

The new uniforms were already on their way. The coaches had switched to the darker blue on all their coats and things the 96 season, and the change was coming the next year, regardless.

Highs:
Winning two Super Bowls
The playoff game against Pitt last year

Lows:
Losing to Jax
Losing last year to New England
Losing to Pitt in the '05 championship game
trading picks to move up and get Jay Cutler when we needed defensive help and Plummer had the year of his life.

IA-Broncosfan53
11-02-2012, 08:22 AM
A few games that havnt been mentioned that are worthy:

Good: Bills-Broncos 2007 when the field goal unit came on the field with the clock running and kicked a field goal in 6 seconds? The next week was the Raiders OT win when Shanny called a time out when seabass made the field goal, and he missed after the time out, leading to an eventual Broncos win. That was quite a way to start 2-0.

Bad: First Colts playoff loss. I think it was Harrison who fell down catching the ball, was untouched, picked himself up and scored in a route of the Broncos in the playoffs. The Baltimore 30-7 crushing coming off a bye week 2009 when we were 6-0 was an awful loss. However, nothing tops January 1 2007 for me. RIP D-Will

bronco militia
11-02-2012, 08:30 AM
there's just so many good and bad moments of the last 27 years. obviously the super bowls were the high points. Hiring Mike Shanahan was the most important event. Signing Peyton Manning is right up there too.

Nothing was worse than the 2009-2010 seasons. The only high points where the 6 game winning streak and the drafting of Tim Tebow.

i still look forward to every Broncos game....

razorwire77
11-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Highlight: (Tie) The Drive, and "This one's for John." Recent highlights would be beating the Pats during the divisional.

Lowlights. Washington Redskins score 35 points in the second quarter of the SB. I still have unresolved childhood issues about that game. Recent lowlights would be the Steeler AFC championship loss and the McDaniels Raider game debacle.

Rock Chalk
11-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Wondering what everyone's greatest and worst points as a fan are. I haven't missed a game in decades so I have many.

My favorite: bailey INT on Brady in 05. I nearly had a stroke.

Worst: around 2002 Miami beat us with a field goal. Don't remember why but that crushed me.

My favorite: John Elway lifting that Lombardi trophy the first time. The only time I have ever cried due to a sporting event.

The worst: San Francisco ass raping us in the Superbowl.

razorwire77
11-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Most of you have mentioned my best/worst, but I would add the comback win against the Oilers in 1991. My buddy and I watched it at his place and we were going crazy when Elway started on our own 2 yard line with 2 minutes to go and marched us down for a game winning field goal. My friend was killed in a car accident a few days later so it's a pretty memorable game for me.

For those of you who are too young or don't remember, you can check out that drive here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFYwferLVQ

Great game! Honestly, underrated Bronco moment. Vance Johnson was huge.

DENVERDUI55
11-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Highs outside of SB games

97 division game beating KC in KC
98 Marino's retirement game
05 Bailey INT to go with Manning getting knocked out of the playoffs. Was sure we were going to the SB.
Signing Peyton
This years SD monday night game.

LOWS
Oakland laying 59 on us at home and Moreno celebrates.
06 Sunday night game against Chargers. DWILL gets pick 6 we go up 24-7 in 3rd quarter and lose.
Any Charger game except Ed H game with Cutler at the helm
Any playoff game against the Colts or for that any game against Manning(not the Q game on sunday night) especially the snow game where we first wore our new orange alternates.
Sunday night game against Oakland when Bailey forgot how to cover Porter and we couldn't cover a guy that played basketball(Curry).
Rich Gannon monday night game that was the start of the end for Griese. Heartbreak at the time but really a blessing.

tsiguy96
11-02-2012, 11:13 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mGpXH3zaF4M?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mGpXH3zaF4M?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

baja
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
My favorite: John Elway lifting that Lombardi trophy the first time. The only time I have ever cried due to a sporting event.

The worst: San Francisco ass raping us in the Superbowl.

Me too.

Steve Sewell
11-02-2012, 11:45 AM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOoOknxrmkKIzKdD-r92sMCJh49GBt8FnBEUU7NFSlzh9BpdFA9Dcin-GITQ

broncosteven
11-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Highs:
back to back SB wins!
1977 was sweet
1973 getting 1st winning season

Lows:
1996 Jag's loss
SB losses
Losing to Oakland 10-17 back in 1975. It was Floyds last year and we were in the running for at least a winning season. I remember them kicking a desperation FG from like 50 yards out in hopes to get an onside kick and Turner missed it. It was a pretty tight game from what I remember, I had to watch this at my Piano teachers house as we had a recital later that afternoon. She was a great old lady. Wish I knew what happened to her.

Steve Sewell
11-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Sewell's fumble in AFCCG v Bills

Sorry bro. I did have some pretty good plays in a lot of other clutch situations though, please don't forget those.

broncosteven
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Sorry bro. I did have some pretty good plays in a lot of other clutch situations though, please don't forget those.

I enjoyed watching Sewell play, lots of effort if not a lot of talent.

I could see why Reeves picked him, they were the same type of players.

Broncos_OTM
11-02-2012, 11:58 AM

Loved some steve s

I remmber the drive like it was yesterday... i was crying tell the comeback lol i was pretty young

WABronco
11-02-2012, 12:06 PM
High point was getting into the playoff game last year for $30 bucks a pop...some dude on Auraria hooked it up. Can't remember the last time I was that excited--when DT was running free. Also, the game when Quentin Griffin went off against Indy in Indy to get in to the playoffs...that was pretty sweet.

Low point was probably losing to ****sburgh in 2005. The super bowl only compounded the butt hurt.

fwf
11-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Lowest single moment: Losing the playoff game to Jax in 96

Best moment: When Mobley tipped the pass to seal the SB win .

broncosteven
11-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Lowest single moment: Losing the playoff game to Jax in 96

Best moment: When Mobley tipped the pass to seal the SB win .

Your lowest moment should be posting false trade rumors.

DENVERDUI55
11-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Highs:

"The Drive"
Tebow to DT
Mobely knocking down the Bret Farve 4th down pass to seal the SuperBowl

Lows:

I was young and remember not allowing my self to cry infront of my dad:

Had we won that game we most likely would of been blown out for 5 th playoff loss which who knows what that would of done for John Elways confidence in the first sb win.

bowtown
11-02-2012, 03:51 PM

The Steve Sewell shovel pass was my jam.

cutthemdown
11-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Saddest.

Superbowl loss to Redskins
Superbowl loss to Cowboys
Superbowl loss to Giants
Superbowl loss to Niners
AFC Championship loss to jacksonville in 96

Superbowl win over Packers
Superbowl win over Falcons
Dan Reeves being fired
McDaniels being fired
FA signing of Peyton Manning.

Turd_Ferguson
11-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Highs
Elway helicopter in superbowl
The trade up to take Cutler
Manning signing
The entire playoffs leading up to the first superbowl win

Lows
I'd say the firing of Shanny combined with new coach McDaniels trading Cutler for Orton, and then Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis would be the lowest point in my life.

Last game of the season loss to San Fran to knock Denver out of the playoffs few years ago

Rapistburger doing the double guns in the AFC championship after a huge pass made me want to drive off a cliff

And for some odd reason a Quentin Griffin fumble against the Jags when denver was running out the clock to kick a game winning field goal sticks out to me..

g00fyfoot
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Highs:
-At New England in 1996 (The "call the national guard" game). It was touted all week as the big showdown between the best 2 teams in the AFC and the Broncos totally crushed 'em. That was the day I realized I was looking at the best Broncos team I had ever seen.

-2 moments from Super Bowl 32:

1)The Broncos first drive. There was so much Super Bowl apprehension and the Packers opening drive provoked the dreaded "here we go again" feeling. The Broncos responded in the best way possible, by running the ball down their throats. I can't tell you the relief/excitement I felt, knowing that this time was different. It was the turning of the tide.

2)The Broncos last drive. TD runs the ball down to the 1. Play called back for holding on Sharpe. So frustrating. On the very next play, TD runs the ball right back down to the 1. That was the moment I knew we were going to win.

Low:
-Nothing compares to the Redskins Super Bowl loss for me. I have never felt so disappointed and angry over a sporting event in my life. I truly believed the Broncos were going to win their first championship that day. I now have the ability to emotionally distance myself from things I can't control, but it wasn't in me then. I was broken. I'm glad I can laugh about it now.

broncosteven
11-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Had we won that game we most likely would of been blown out for 5 th playoff loss which who knows what that would of done for John Elways confidence in the first sb win.

I don't think a 4th would have done anything but make him work even harder to win. John was that kind of competitor. A guy like Cutler might shut down after the 1st or 2nd but John played balls to the wall in SB XXXII on a day he wasn't his sharpest.

Rypen could do no wrong that year, we would have lost but the 1991 team one a lot of games and played some very tough smash mouth football considering Reeves liked finesse and bend but don't break D's.