PDA

View Full Version : PFF: Tracy Porter 86/87 in tackling efficiency, Rahim 2/67

tsiguy96
11-01-2012, 11:50 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/01/signature-stat-snapshot-tackling-efficiency-dbs/

swaiy
11-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Moore a top 10 tackling safety yet people keep blaming him for tackles that Adams is missing this year.

tsiguy96
11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
adams has missed a LOT in coverage, it seems. was really hoping for more there.

Br0nc0Buster
11-01-2012, 12:02 PM
adams has missed a LOT in coverage, it seems. was really hoping for more there.

Yeah Adams has been dissapointing
Hopefully Carter can come back from his knee issue

I wouldnt be surprised if slow ass Leanoard takes his spot soon

ZONA
11-01-2012, 12:26 PM
He's improving, it's a good sign.

cutthemdown
11-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Rahim more doing more then improving, he is balling this yr.

kent156
11-01-2012, 03:26 PM
is this the same site that had joe mays as a top 5 linebacker?

Br0nc0Buster
11-01-2012, 03:29 PM

yes

DBroncos4life
11-01-2012, 03:30 PM

And that KC has the number 2 OL in the NFL this season.

Old Dude
11-01-2012, 03:34 PM
I'll admit it. A couple months ago, I was more than ready to write off Moore as the biggest bust so far in the Fox-Elway regime.

Now I'm actually happy to see him out there.

Somehow, the team seems to be developing its players this year.

Al Wilson
11-01-2012, 03:38 PM
People need to remember that this kid is only 22 years old. The strides he has made from last year to this year is unthinkable. Last year he didn't even know how to make a tackle and seemed lost on the field. This year I have yet to seen anyone get past him. Just imagine what he's gonna be doing in a couple years when he has more knowledge of the defense and the safety position. I love the way this kid is playing.

SportinOne
11-01-2012, 03:46 PM
People need to remember that this kid is only 22 years old. The strides he has made from last year to this year is unthinkable. Last year he didn't even know how to make a tackle and seemed lost on the field. This year I have yet to seen anyone get past him. Just imagine what he's gonna be doing in a couple years when he has more knowledge of the defense and the safety position. I love the way this kid is playing.

Thanks for your input, Al Wilson. You were a great linebacker.

Al Wilson
11-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks for your input, Al Wilson. You were a great linebacker.
I run this bitch

cutthemdown
11-01-2012, 04:24 PM

He missed tackles last yr because he was out of position, not because he didn't know how to tackle. He came into the NFL and realized you can't just run around and use your athletic ablility, you have to diagnos plays. IMO he has slowed down his movements at the snap where last yr he just took off when the ball was snapped. IMO he was reacting to strongly to the first thing he saw. Now that he is slowing down and thinking, diagnosing plays, when he does explode to go make a play he is in better position because he hasn't ran himself out of it.

Watched him a lot at UCLA and basically he just got to run around and try to make picks. Surrpised he gotten more of those but i think they will come.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm impressed with Moore learning how to tackle. Just not good when safeties are having to tackle all the time.

broncswin
11-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm impressed with Moore learning how to tackle. Just not good when safeties are having to tackle all the time.

He has been in on quite a few tackles at the LOS ...really impressed at how quickly he is diagnosing plays so far this year...keep the dream alive

Prodigal19
11-01-2012, 05:31 PM
He missed tackles last yr because he was out of position, not because he didn't know how to tackle. He came into the NFL and realized you can't just run around and use your athletic ablility, you have to diagnos plays. IMO he has slowed down his movements at the snap where last yr he just took off when the ball was snapped. IMO he was reacting to strongly to the first thing he saw. Now that he is slowing down and thinking, diagnosing plays, when he does explode to go make a play he is in better position because he hasn't ran himself out of it.

Watched him a lot at UCLA and basically he just got to run around and try to make picks. Surrpised he gotten more of those but i think they will come.
I'm not so sure about that. While being out of position did hurt his tackling ability last year, I can also remember multiple times last year where he just flat out whiffed on a tackle or got ran over because he didn't wrap up properly. There was an article over the offseason about how he was working mainly on his tackling technique. Obviously it has helped him significantly.

As he continues to improve and be more confident in himself, I think we will start to see more impact plays out of him. Getting down the fundamentals is the first step, and one that he has been progressing very well on.

Bronco Boy
11-01-2012, 06:34 PM
This PFF site sucks. A lot of their "stats" make no sense. In this article, for example, they go on about how great Antoine Winfield is but he doesn't even show up on their rankings? Not to take away from the fact that Moore has improved but maybe take stats from that site with a few grains of salt.

enjolras
11-01-2012, 06:43 PM
As he continues to improve and be more confident in himself, I think we will start to see more impact plays out of him. Getting down the fundamentals is the first step, and one that he has been progressing very well on.

He's had his hands on the ball a lot this year, he just hasn't pulled them in. Hell he had a ball hit him in the hands again last Sunday night (late in the game).

I really can't help but think that once he gets one, the rest will start come.

Doggcow
11-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Yet I cant start Moore in Madden because he has **** for Pursuit :(

NUB
11-02-2012, 01:57 AM
That's really not that reliable. I mean, c'mon, Antonio Cromartie is in the top-10 for tackling corners. That said, Moore has improved a lot this year. I don't think he's the "#2 best tackler" at his position, but he's getting better every week.