PDA

View Full Version : How is Denver better now than in week one?

Bacchus
10-30-2012, 11:22 PM
I'll start it out by saying Ronnie Hillman is starting to get more playing time it is huge that Denver runs the ball when the weather gets colder. Manning is not going to want to throw the ball 40 times when it is 10 degrees out. Denver will also need to run the ball to put teams away. McGahee and Hilliman combines for 208 yards on 37 carries. Hillman will really make this offense go and give McGahee a needed rest late in the game.

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 11:24 PM
They were actually quite good week one.

Bacchus
10-30-2012, 11:27 PM
They were actually quite good week one.

Yes, but as a team how are they better.

errand
10-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Playing with a lead really helps the defense...

~Crash~
10-31-2012, 06:03 AM
Yes, but as a team how are they better.

Yes way better Kuper will help in so many ways . Now Team really have to worry about the right side and that is huge. both of hillmans huge runs was to the right that makes the MLB'er sweat his ass off.:strong::strong::strong: huge for us.

fdf
10-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Playing with a lead really helps the defense...

Playing against 7 in the box really helps the run game.

spdirty
10-31-2012, 07:47 AM
We don't play in 10 degree weather very often. It's usually around 30-40 degrees in December/January.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Easy.

Peyton learned how to throw to his right.

SleepingTiger
10-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Mays is no longer the starter. Young guys like Carter, Trev and Harris stepping up. Thomas and Decker understanding Manning little bit more. Defense growing/understanding the new scheme.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Our LB is getting AFC player of the week award. That's something that wasn't happening in week 1

Smiling Assassin27
10-31-2012, 08:42 AM
DB's have elevated their respective games--specifically Harris, Carter, and even Moore. Brooking is an upgrade over Mays from a mental standpoint, and Koppen has solidified the middle of that line to protect Manning. Losing walton was addition by subtraction just like losing Mays was as well.

I'm not quite ready to say the same about Tracy Porter, yet.

Greatspirits
10-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Not turning the ball over, stupid penalties, dropping passes and not having receivers fall down when there's no one around helps!

baja
10-31-2012, 08:50 AM
JDR has had time to tweak his D

JDR is the MVP (most valuable person) on our defense.

Most anticipate that Manning is only going to get better

But the real good news is this D is getting better by the game.

dbfan4life
10-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Early turnovers destroyed the game plan early in the season. We stop with dumb turnovers early on and we're playing with the lead. Different game.

NFLBRONCO
10-31-2012, 11:42 AM
More reps for offense in Mannings O
More reps for D in JDR scheme
CB's have played better
OL getting Kuper back was huge
You stinkin Koppen was a great move

I still think our D will struggle against power teams that can and will expose our weaknesses. I just hope fans enjoy the 8-1 run to finish out the year but, not forget we are still majorly flawed on D.

Action
10-31-2012, 11:42 AM
3rd down defense.

Play2win
10-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Duh. We have a real center now.

Play2win
10-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Also, this was the first week we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot in the first half.

errand
10-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Demaryius Thomas having a breakout year.....he leads NFL in 20 yard plus receptions (16) and 2nd in 40 yarders (3)

Keep in mind he has only 39 receptions...so almost half of his catches are considered big plays....

I wonder how this kid who several on here called a bust is able to play so well.....

baja
10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Demaryius Thomas having a breakout year.....he leads NFL in 20 yard plus receptions (16) and 2nd in 40 yarders (3)

Keep in mind he has only 39 receptions...so almost half of his catches are considered big plays....

I wonder how this kid who several on here called a bust is able to play so well.....

Ain't that the truth. It's amazing how quickly posters here are ready to write off a draft pick.

He'll I think it's still too early to call KM a bust.

DBroncos4life
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Ain't that the truth. It's amazing how quickly posters here are ready to write off a draft pick.

KM is a bust.

baja
10-31-2012, 01:02 PM
KM is a bust.

when he's off the team i'll agree with ya.

DBroncos4life
10-31-2012, 01:04 PM
when he's off the team i'll agree with ya.

He will be inactive the rest of the season. What more proof do you need?

baja
10-31-2012, 01:10 PM
He will be inactive the rest of the season. What more proof do you need?

He's inactive because he doesn't play ST and they want to see what their new toy can do. He a numbers casualty but I don't think he is completely out of the Bronco's plans. What if Willis gets hurt or Hilman?

DBroncos4life
10-31-2012, 01:20 PM
He's inactive because he doesn't play ST and they want to see what their new toy can do. He a numbers casualty but I don't think he is completely out of the Bronco's plans. What if Willis gets hurt or Hilman?

Then Ball or Johnson would take their place. Moreno is done.

baja
10-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Then Ball or Johnson would take their place. Moreno is done.

Then why have him eat up a roster spot.

DBroncos4life
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Then why have him eat up a roster spot.

I've asked that a million times. We did the same thing with that former Jags DE and Tony Hillis last year. Moreno is done at the end of this year. His contact won't let him make it past this season.

enjolras
10-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Yes way better Kuper will help in so many ways . Now Team really have to worry about the right side and that is huge. both of hillmans huge runs was to the right that makes the MLB'er sweat his ass off.:strong::strong::strong: huge for us.

Hillmans longest (and most meaningful run) was to the left. Beadles got out in front and laid down a really nice block on Vilma to spring him.

baja
10-31-2012, 01:54 PM
I've asked that a million times. We did the same thing with that former Jags DE and Tony Hillis last year. Moreno is done at the end of this year. His contact won't let him make it past this season.

I think he is on the roster because the Broncos have not completely given up on KM.

I do agree he will never see 5 mil due for the last year of his contract.

NFLBRONCO
10-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Guys on tv said, Hillman is Sproles fast. I don't think he's that fast do you?

Bacchus
10-31-2012, 02:03 PM
I agree with the posters who say improved play by the secondary. Moore has elevated his game and Carter has really added a lot speed to the defense as well. This defense now is much faster than the one that started the season.

Doggcow
10-31-2012, 02:36 PM
We're much better at pulling out Garbage Time Wins now.

Kaylore
10-31-2012, 02:57 PM
We're much better at pulling out Garbage Time Wins now.

LOL

I love garbage time wins. We scored five garbage time TD's against the chargers.

bowtown
10-31-2012, 03:18 PM

BroncoBevis assured me he would be cut after preseason.

ZONA
10-31-2012, 03:36 PM
3rd down defense.

There are many thing we have improved on, some we still need work on but I would agree with this option. Getting off the field on 3rd downs have improved. I expected that to improve against the Raiders but to see it done against one of the best offenses last week with the Saints has me believing that JDR and his crew are turning that corner a little bit.

Things that still need to improve the most:

1 - Broncos RB's not having good enough ball security. Too many balls still hitting the turf.

~Crash~
10-31-2012, 05:42 PM

I agree I think his knee is still bothering him I will hold off untill like you say off the team

errand
10-31-2012, 05:57 PM
BroncoBevis assured me he would be cut after preseason.

Yeah well, when it comes the Broncos he's rarely right on anything....

Bacchus
10-31-2012, 10:19 PM
It is obvious that the defense is better with Brooking in the lineup and with Mays out.

lonestar
10-31-2012, 10:30 PM
I agree with the posters who say improved play by the secondary. Moore has elevated his game and Carter has really added a lot speed to the defense as well. This defense now is much faster than the one that started the season.

overall the DBs are better because the front seven is better at getting pressure on some really good QB's so far..

they also have to worry about passes more than if they are having to play the run..

control the LOS and everyone behind them gets better..

lonestar
10-31-2012, 10:36 PM
There are many thing we have improved on, some we still need work on but I would agree with this option. Getting off the field on 3rd downs have improved. I expected that to improve against the Raiders but to see it done against one of the best offenses last week with the Saints has me believing that JDR and his crew are turning that corner a little bit.

Things that still need to improve the most:

1 - Broncos RB's not having good enough ball security. Too many balls still hitting the turf.

while everyone is whining about fumbles we are about average 11 so far this year total.. with a low of 3 and a high of 17.. Now what we are bad at is not recovering our own fumbles.. I think overall that is just the luck of the bounce..

how many time has a someone fumbled the ball only to have it bounce right back to them.. That has not happened to us.. law of averages says it will even out ..

CEH
11-01-2012, 05:23 AM
while everyone is whining about fumbles we are about average 11 so far this year total.. with a low of 3 and a high of 17.. Now what we are bad at is not recovering our own fumbles.. I think overall that is just the luck of the bounce..

how many time has a someone fumbled the ball only to have it bounce right back to them.. That has not happened to us.. law of averages says it will even out ..

The Hillman fumble was the first fumble all year by the Denver offesne that the other team did not recover.

I kinda agree law of averages will come into play here. It's an oblong football the bounces will come our way