Jetmeck
10-30-2012, 10:06 PM
No light rail BS please.

4 mill and the guy has talent and we will need him against better
teams..................

Any solid info ?

Bacchus
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
It looks to me when he comes back he'll play in dime situations. Did everyone notice that Mays was put on IR and the Broncos promoted a S and then signed another CB to the practice squad? Makes you wonder if Porter might be out for an extended amount of time.

lonestar
10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
It looks to me when he comes back he'll play in dime situations. Did everyone notice that Mays was put on IR and the Broncos promoted a S and then signed another CB to the practice squad? Makes you wonder if Porter might be out for an extended amount of time.

the way teh kiddies are playing he may have a tough time cracking back into the lineup.. right now I suspect they are in no HUGE hurry to put him on the field especially with head issues..

need to find a couple more Carter and Harris come the off season and then we do not have to worry about signing fat contracts for good CB's

BroncoMagic
10-30-2012, 11:18 PM
"may not only be suffering from seizure problems, but he may not be seeing eye-to-eye with defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, either. Porter is sitting out due to poor performance and to what the Broncos coaching staff perceives as a “bad attitude;”

http://milehighsports.com/2012/10/25/source-broncos-porter-struggling-with-attitude-likely-to-be-dealt/

swaiy
10-30-2012, 11:47 PM
"may not only be suffering from seizure problems, but he may not be seeing eye-to-eye with defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, either. Porter is sitting out due to poor performance and to what the Broncos coaching staff perceives as a “bad attitude;”

http://milehighsports.com/2012/10/25/source-broncos-porter-struggling-with-attitude-likely-to-be-dealt/

I think the "attitude" thing has been debunked.

theAPAOps5
10-30-2012, 11:59 PM

Old and debunked

hades
10-31-2012, 12:00 PM
I think the "attitude" thing has been debunked.

It was supposed to say altitude, he's not use to playing a mile high yet. ;)

TheReverend
10-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Old and debunked

Sorta. We had Porter deny it, but he has yet to return to the field, so SOMETHING is up certainly.

Action
10-31-2012, 12:20 PM
I honestly think it's just seizure symptoms... we're all speculating but I have a tiny bit experience with people who have had them and it's critical to get on the right medication as John Fox said.

You're playing a game where you're getting hit in the head.

Along with how Tony Carter has been playing, I don't think the team feels pressured to rush him back, and they want him to be back for the long run...rather than bring him back too early, have something happen, and have an even FURTHER setback.

He's in his contract year so...

TheReverend
10-31-2012, 12:31 PM
I honestly think it's just seizure symptoms... we're all speculating but I have a tiny bit experience with people who have had them and it's critical to get on the right medication as John Fox said.

You're playing a game where you're getting hit in the head.

Along with how Tony Carter has been playing, I don't think the team feels pressured to rush him back, and they want him to be back for the long run...rather than bring him back too early, have something happen, and have an even FURTHER setback.

He's in his contract year so...

Right but his first seizure was back in AUGUST. Meanwhile we're hours away from November... I have a hard believing that the best medical professionals in the community aren't able to diagnose wtf is going on with him.

g6matty
10-31-2012, 12:33 PM
No light rail BS please.

4 mill and the guy has talent and we will need him against better
teams..................

Any solid info ?

good thing we played everyone good already

Ray Finkle
10-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Right but his first seizure was back in AUGUST. Meanwhile we're hours away from November... I have a hard believing that the best medical professionals in the community aren't able to diagnose wtf is going on with him.

Seizures can come and go and the medication/activities have to be monitored. It some case they flare up like a migraine but our obviously more damaging. Typically after one episode, you are not allowed to drive a car for an extended period of time. Perhaps they believed it to be under control and that is not the case.

That being said, he is practicing today.

Br0nc0Buster
10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Had Carter not stepped up I bet Porter would of already been out there

As serious as his symptoms may be, I don't think Fox and co. feel the need to push the issue any more than is necessary

g6matty
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones
#Broncos RT @GrayCaldwell: CB Tracy Porter is on the field in full pads with a helmet at the start of practice.

Action
10-31-2012, 12:44 PM

Seizures have a huge grey area in the medical field.

Action
10-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver
Tracy Porter was cleared to practice today. He was limited because they are waiting for his medication to take full effect, John Fox said.

Ray Finkle
10-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Seizures have a huge grey area in the medical field.

exactly, the main causes usually revolve around trauma (falls) or disease.

TheReverend
10-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver
Tracy Porter was cleared to practice today. He was limited because they are waiting for his medication to take full effect, John Fox said.

Definitely hope this is the case.

Jetmeck
10-31-2012, 12:58 PM
good thing we played everyone good already

Ever heard of the playoffs ... Einstein ?

ZONA
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Way too much being made of this. He only missed 2 games and with something like seizure I can see that happening. It's not like he's been out a month or something. He's back at practice. No big deal. I'm sure he'll play this week. Maybe not start but he'll be good to have on the field in nickle/dime.

Lestat
10-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Definitely hope this is the case.

he wasn't medically cleared by doctors, not sure why people would rather believe he has attitude issues than a medical one.
the only people who have claimed otherwise have been debunked.
he was not practicing, if it was a attitude issue they would have either demoted or suspended him
you don't screw around with matters of the brain or internal organs.
you want to make sure that every precaution is taken to ensure his safety.

we do not need him having a relapse, not knowing how it happened or what caused it. we definitely do not need him seizing on the field and having to deal with the questions of why he was playing to begin with.

it's better to make sure everything is in place and that there is a low % of potential issues.

lonestar
10-31-2012, 04:35 PM
he wasn't medically cleared by doctors, not sure why people would rather believe he has attitude issues than a medical one.
he was not practicing, if it was a attitude issue they would have either demoted or suspended him

we do not need him having a relapse, not knowing how it happened or what caused it. we definitely do not need him seizing on the field and having to deal with the questions of why he was playing to begin with.

it's better to make sure everything is in place and that there is a low % of potential issues.

:thumbs:

He would be not being shown on the injury list for attitude.
Not wanting to think what those fines would be

swaiy
10-31-2012, 04:37 PM

Wrong. Conspiracy theories are much better than to just take what DOCTORS, Porter himself, and team officials are saying as fact.;D

baja
10-31-2012, 04:39 PM

Absolutely correct.

It's those external organs you screw around with. ;D

broncosteven
10-31-2012, 07:14 PM
I really like the way Harris and Carter are playing right now.

At this point Porter is solid depth, ease him back in but I hope Carter gets reps each game. He has shown he deserves it.

Al Wilson
10-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Every season Porter seems to be injured. I don't think he's ever had a healthy season

Ray Finkle
10-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Every season Porter seems to be injured. I don't think he's ever had a healthy season

As long as he is healthy for the playoffs, we're groovy...

theAPAOps5
10-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Sorta. We had Porter deny it, but he has yet to return to the field, so SOMETHING is up certainly.

Yeah sorta. But to the level that Mile High Sports was reporting has. They broke the story he is out because of performance and attitude issues and will be moved shortly. This was before it was announced that he had seizures.

So I agree with you that there is a reason beyond what has been disclosed. I am also sure that it may include performance reasons. It is interesting though.

g6matty
11-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Back at Dove Valley: I don't see Tracy Porter out here.

porter out of practice again today . do we care that hes not able to play yet with the emergence of tony carter and chris harris? i think if we need him for any week it would be this week. bengals have a plethera of young talent at WR we better hope that omar bolden is ready to come in if somebody goes down.

also dont expect to many sacks this week. iwas listening to john gruden talk about dalton and he said the offensive coordinator wishes he would hold onto the ball a little longer to let the plays develope . he has a tendency to catch and throw the ball way to fast not allowing anything to develope down feild. we should play a lot of press man this week to give our guys time to get to dalton. if we can rattle the guy bengals will fold because i for one dont respect there running game. the law firm is over rated and a dumb pick up by CIn

Rock Chalk
11-02-2012, 10:24 AM
It's plethora, and you did not use it right.

Plethora is an excess of. The Bengals have plenty of Wide Receivers but they are not in excess.

Pet peeve when people use that word incorrectly.
Back at Dove Valley: I don't see Tracy Porter out here.

porter out of practice again today . do we care that hes not able to play yet with the emergence of tony carter and chris harris? i think if we need him for any week it would be this week. bengals have a plethera of young talent at WR we better hope that omar bolden is ready to come in if somebody goes down.

also dont expect to many sacks this week. iwas listening to john gruden talk about dalton and he said the offensive coordinator wishes he would hold onto the ball a little longer to let the plays develope . he has a tendency to catch and throw the ball way to fast not allowing anything to develope down feild. we should play a lot of press man this week to give our guys time to get to dalton. if we can rattle the guy bengals will fold because i for one dont respect there running game. the law firm is over rated and a dumb pick up by CIn

g6matty
11-02-2012, 10:26 AM
sorry teacher but thanks for giving your view on my topic of discussion

baja
11-02-2012, 10:37 AM

Plethora is an excess of. The Bengals have plenty of Wide Receivers but they are not in excess.

If a peeve were an animal your pet peeves would fill a shelter

swaiy
11-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Gruden likes to embellish. Dalton wont have to get sacked when he is ****ting the bed and throwing fast interceptions

Br0nc0Buster
11-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I would love to see Miller get some more sacks and make a run at DPOY, but we dont have to always sack everyone

Like what we did to Brees, if we get up in his face a lot it will get to him

Hope Wolfe is hungry for Ginger this weekend

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Porter didn't participate today and is doubtful for Cincinnati per Caldwell

I thought we were just waiting for the meds to kick in and were fine now?

baja
11-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Porter didn't participate today and is doubtful for Cincinnati per Caldwell

I thought we were just waiting for the meds to kick in and were fine now?

Must be time released

2KBack
11-02-2012, 12:06 PM

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.net/image/demotivational-poster/0906/would-you-say-demotivational-poster-1245298943.jpg

Goobzilla
11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Alfred reporting Porter already ruled out for Sunday. Also conflicting reports if it's reaction to medication or "demotion-itis"

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Alfred reporting Porter already ruled out for Sunday. Also conflicting reports if it's reaction to medication or "demotion-itis"

If it's just demotion-itis, why wouldn't he be active for depth?

This whole thing is just weird. I look forward to whenever we do get the complete truth.

baja
11-02-2012, 03:09 PM
One thing that confuses me is if Porter has an attitude problem why don't the Broncos just say so. Wouldn't that be a better motivator than covering up the issue.

CEH
11-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Let's just see if Porter plays another down for Denver outside of injury. I doubt it and in March we will find out why

There's $4MM down the drain

Ray Finkle
11-02-2012, 06:18 PM
If it's just demotion-itis, why wouldn't he be active for depth?

This whole thing is just weird. I look forward to whenever we do get the complete truth.

The meds take time to adjust. You screw this up and he runs the risk of more seizures or a stroke...

teknic
11-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Gruden likes to embellish. Dalton wont have to get sacked when he is ****ting the bed and throwing fast interceptions

Gruden's brother Jay is the OC for Cinci... Of course he's going to talk him up.

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 08:00 PM
The meds take time to adjust. You screw this up and he runs the risk of more seizures or a stroke...

... Is our most recent assumption to explain away random resurfacing of the symptoms and him being held out for a month with no official diagnosis beyond 'illness'

DBroncos4life
11-02-2012, 08:09 PM
... Is our most recent assumption to explain away random resurfacing of the symptoms and him being held out for a month with no official diagnosis beyond 'illness'

I can't help but think if it is for any other reason he would have been traded. I mean the Bucs moved a guy that is still suspended for one more game and a FA at the end of the year.

DENVERDUI55
11-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Well to be honest Harris and Carter have been outplaying him. Very wierd it's been vague on Porter for the most part.

baja
11-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Well to be honest Harris and Carter have been outplaying him. Very wierd it's been vague on Porter for the most part.

Maybe Porter diddled josh's wife. Oh wait...

extralife
11-02-2012, 08:36 PM
seems like a struggle with the doctors to me. the team says hey, he's showing no symptoms, everything is fine. the doctors counter with hey, we have no ****ing clue why he was had a siezure to begin with, we don't clear players without a clear diagnosis

DENVERDUI55
11-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Maybe Porter diddled josh's wife. Oh wait...

That explains why Hillis hasn't done anything in KC. They have been training joshs wife together.

Lestat
11-02-2012, 08:40 PM
seems like a struggle with the doctors to me. the team says hey, he's showing no symptoms, everything is fine. the doctors counter with hey, we have no ****ing clue why he was had a siezure to begin with, we don't clear players without a clear diagnosis

that's what it seems like to me.

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 08:47 PM
that's what it seems like to me.

...if that were the case (needing a clear diagnosis) why was he cleared to play for months after the actual seizure?

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I wonder if it's a more serious medical condition and they're just trying to respect his privacy?

A reach but possible.

Lev Vyvanse
11-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I wonder if it's a more serious medical condition and they're just trying to respect his privacy?

A reach but possible.

Occam's razor.

baja
11-02-2012, 09:00 PM

A reach but possible.

That's what I'm thinking.

Like he's got Parkinson's or some like disease and they are trying to control it with medication but it will take some time to determine the prognoses and it will take time to determine rather he can play again.

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Occam's razor.

We still need SOME facts to find the simplest solution :)

lonestar
11-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Why everyone is worrying about it the most troubling.

He is not playing give it rest.
If and when he does then you can whine about the level he is playing at.

Ray Finkle
11-02-2012, 09:12 PM

I deal with a family member on these meds on a daily basis, it is not an exact science.

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I deal with a family member on these meds on a daily basis, it is not an exact science.

What meds though?

We don't even know wtf is wrong beyond he had a seizure in August and dejavu symptoms a month ago.

Ray Finkle
11-02-2012, 09:25 PM
What meds though?

We don't even know wtf is wrong beyond he had a seizure in August and dejavu symptoms a month ago.

It could be many different anti seizure meds. The fact that symptoms are coming again is he issue. They're are 3 primary cause of seizures. Head trauma, like the kind hat would occur in a collision sport. Turmors and brain related disease.

If the meds stabilized it the first time and the symptoms come back, that is a major cause for concern.

If it was for his attitude or play, by would have just benched him like Mays. They won't even dress him or allow him to fly....

baja
11-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm going with a career threatening disease that Porter has requested that be kept private and the Broncos are honoring that. It may be possible for him to continue his career IF the medication controls the seizures thus the odd silence waiting for the prognosis.

TheReverend
11-02-2012, 09:44 PM
It could be many different anti seizure meds. The fact that symptoms are coming again is he issue. They're are 3 primary cause of seizures. Head trauma, like the kind hat would occur in a collision sport. Turmors and brain related disease.

If the meds stabilized it the first time and the symptoms come back, that is a major cause for concern.

If it was for his attitude or play, by would have just benched him like Mays. They won't even dress him or allow him to fly....

Right, I get that. But he was also recently cleared and the excuse given was that they needed time for the meds to kick in and were fine now... but now he's right back out.

I'm certainly not saying he DOES have an attitude problem or is a result of demotion, etc, but there really does seem to be something fishy going on alongside this "illness"

Sassy
11-03-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm going with a career threatening disease that Porter has requested that be kept private and the Broncos are honoring that. It may be possible for him to continue his career IF the medication controls the seizures thus the odd silence waiting for the prognosis.

I thought this as well Baja.

Bronco Rob
11-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Broncos' Tracy Porter absent Wednesday from practice

Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter was absent from the early portion of practice Wednesday that was open to the media.

Porter, in his first season with the Broncos after leaving New Orleans and signing with Denver as an unrestricted free agent, has been inactive for the past three games and has not played since the Oct. 7 game at New England.

A star of the season-opening victory against Pittsburgh with a 43-yard interception return for a touchdown with 1:58 to play, Porter has undergone medical tests after showing similar symptoms to those he had before suffering a seizure in August.

Porter was a starter in four of the Broncos' first five games.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21948819/porter-absent-wednesday-from-broncos-practice

gyldenlove
11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
What meds though?

I bet it is the beetus - they don't have a great track record with that....

Jetmeck
11-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Wish the guy well. He seems to be a ball hawk as in always close.
Sure would be nice to have him in the playoffs.

Bronco Rob
11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Broncos Notebook: Tracy Porter might be Wally-Pipped

The Broncos' injury report lists CB Tracy Porter as having an "illness," but the reality is his issues are much more complicated than that.

Porter hasn't specifically had a setback in his struggles with symptoms that led to a seizure in August, Broncos coach John Fox said. But the team remains uncertain as to whether he can fully handle the rigors of every-day work, so he remains sidelined.

After sitting out the last two days of practice, it appears unlikely he will play at Carolina on Sunday. Last week, he sat out practice Friday after taking part in the work Wednesday and Thursday and did not make the trip to Cincinnati later Friday afternoon.

The Broncos have to make a decision on Porter's status by Friday afternoon, since they will once again leave two days before an eastern time zone game.

"Well, I think we're just trying to get a grip on these seizures," Fox said. "It's a medical issue that we're not taking lightly at all.

"He's not an accountant. He's out here running into people (and getting) quite a bit of exercise, so it's something we're not taking lightly. Before we put him out here full speed, we want to make sure we've got that under wraps."

If and when Porter returns, he might not find his job waiting for him, thanks to the recent stellar play of Chris Harris and Tony Carter.

Including the two-and-a-half quarters that he sat out against Houston after a knee problem, the Broncos have been more effective at forcing interceptions and sacks without Porter than with him. They had interceptions on one of 155 pass plays when Porter was working at first-team right cornerback, but have picked off a pass every 24.9 passes without him. Their sack ratio has also increased and their yardage-per-pass has dropped by 0.1 yard.

Porter has a one-year contract, so Carter and Harris might represent the near future of cornerback, along with veteran Champ Bailey, who has two years left on his deal.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20890974/broncos-notebook-tracy-porter-might-be-wallypipped

TheReverend
11-09-2012, 09:34 AM
If they're not taking the seizures lightly, then why did he come back and play for over a month after they already happened? And after the "symptoms came again" why did he return to practice and later get shut down again?

This is just weird.

Ah well, whatever's actually going on, I hope his long-term health is fine.

bronco militia
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM
I think the Broncos are using the "injury" as an excuse to keep on the bench. I think we will only see a change in his status if there's an injury or bad game from Carter, Harris or Bolden.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-09-2012, 09:43 AM
I believe we are getting the run around. Don't think we will see porter play another snap all year. Not taking it lightly yet they threw him in there right after the seizure happened. Lets just hope no CB gets injured

Smiling Assassin27
11-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Porter kinda addressed that a minute ago:

Tracy Porter ‏@T_Porter22

Become a Dr til then, stfu. RT @kenn_G: @T_Porter22 how does an athlete get sick for two months...shoulda swat that **** off in a day
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

swaiy
11-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Wow, whoever tweeted that to him is a dick. Im not mad at that response at all.

baja
11-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Pretty clear there is more to this story than being reported.

underrated29
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
maybe he has aids

Beantown Bronco
11-09-2012, 10:08 AM
maybe he has aids

30 years ago, that might've kept him off the field.

underrated29
11-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Yes, but he has a new strain.

Methaids. It's quite serious.

ScottXray
11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
If the medical story was just a ruse to keep him on the bench then Porter himself would be tweeting about it.

More than likely it IS a condition that could jeopardise his remaining career. He is on a 1 year contract , and his next contract will depend on how he plays this year. No play = no pay. I'm sure he is aware of the impact this has.

Parkinsons or other similar neuro diseases are a good fit for the stated symptoms, and it is very difficult to get the dosing and type of treatment nailed down on that. You can go from stable to erratic physically with almost no changes in activity, and some of the treatments are difficult to get the dosage balanced. The physical nature of his job would make that worse .

Basically it is bad luck that he had this happen this year, rather than earlier or later. ( for the Broncos, not necessarily for Porter)

spiralism
11-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Porter kinda addressed that a minute ago:

wow, he could have a tumor or anything, god forbid. Not cool for the guy to say that

Johnykbr
11-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Epilepsy/Seizure medication is pretty hardcore stuff. It often takes awhile to get to a stable level and can cause other problems which would only be compounded for an athlete. It very well could just be that

TheReverend
11-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Worthy bump for:

Tracy Porter ‏<s>@</s>T_Porter22 (https://twitter.com/T_Porter22) I feel great & blessed. I pray there are NO MORE setbacks. I'm ready to get on somebody's field and ball.

DENVERDUI55
11-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Problem is, at least to me, how to you keep Tony Carter off the field? Wow what a great surprise.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Worthy bump for:

Tracy Porter ‏<s>@</s>T_Porter22 (https://twitter.com/T_Porter22) I feel great & blessed. I pray there are NO MORE setbacks. I'm ready to get on somebody's field and ball.

Somebody's field?

baja
11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Problem is, at least to me, how to you keep Tony Carter off the field? Wow what a great surprise.

He takes a lot of chances let's hope he continues to win them.

gyldenlove
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM

Not really, on the pick yesterday he was backed off in coverage when he saw the pass come up short and the WR turn, he just put on the jets and flew by the reciever to make the pick, that is how he was going full speed down the sideline by the time he had the ball.

2KBack
11-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Not really, on the pick yesterday he was backed off in coverage when he saw the pass come up short and the WR turn, he just put on the jets and flew by the reciever to make the pick, that is how he was going full speed down the sideline by the time he had the ball.

I still can't believe the fool threw that ball

DENVERDUI55
11-12-2012, 09:15 AM

Chances? I don't really remember him getting beat or giving up a big play this year. The only bad play I can remember is losing Jones on 3rd down against atlanta. Porter takes way more gambles and loses a lot more than Carter has shown.

theAPAOps5
11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Worthy bump for:

I think is getting waived or asked for his release because he mentioned something about productivity and opportunity in a Not For Long NFL last night. Something is fishy.

baja
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I think is getting waived or asked for his release because he mentioned something about productivity and opportunity in a Not For Long NFL last night. Something is fishy.

It's so fishy it's like being in a closed room full of unwashed Iranian women.