PDA

View Full Version : #3 offense & #8 defense

peacepipe
10-30-2012, 04:45 PM
does anyone remember the last time we were ranked this well on offense & defense.

errand
10-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Weren't there clowns on here saying this defense wouldn't ever be top 10 in anything...let alone overall?

peacepipe
10-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Weren't there clowns on here saying this defense wouldn't ever be top 10 in anything...let alone overall?

along with predicting a 9-7,8-8 record.

AZorange1
10-30-2012, 04:53 PM
10-6 for sure 11-5 very possible The "Old guy needs to stay healthy" keeping my fingers crossed he does for the remainder of the season and then some.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-30-2012, 04:59 PM
I was at 9-7 10-6 range. I didn't anticipate some of the D players to step up. Like Carter and Woodyard. 11-5 12-4 is a real possibility now.

peacepipe
10-30-2012, 05:01 PM
our remaining schedule is looks very favorable.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 05:03 PM

I remember being laughed at for suggesting Manning will improve the D too. I wasn't alone either.

Tim
10-30-2012, 05:06 PM
does anyone remember the last time we were ranked this well on offense & defense.

Probably around this time of the year in 2009

rbackfactory80
10-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I remember being laughed at for suggesting Manning will improve the D too. I wasn't alone either.

You 2 make sure you use protection.

pricejj
10-30-2012, 05:12 PM
#4 Offensive PPG
#14 Defensive PPG

...1.1 PPG from the top 10 on Defense...definitely doable.

Hamrob
10-30-2012, 05:13 PM
I said 9-7 or 10-6 because of the schedule. All of a sudden the teams on the remaining schedule don't look so great. Thus, the chance for a better record.

That being said, we just finished playing 6 good quarters...hardly done anything yet. Let's see how the next 4 games go (3 on the road).

We have 9 games left. I don't think a 6-3 record or a 7-2 record is out of the question. That would mean 10-6 or 11-5.

It's great to be optimistic...but, they have to play the games.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 05:20 PM
You 2 make sure you use protection.
Is the success of the team pissing you off? Don't worry its almost Tebow time then you can go jerk off on the Jets board!

rbackfactory80
10-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Is the success of the team pissing you off? Don't worry its almost Tebow time then you can go jerk off on the Jets board!

I am excited. Team is going to make a nice run. Hopefully we can stay ahead of NE in the standings.

But...I can guarantee you all my posts have not been disrespecting this team during the regular season. My concerns stem from Manning in the playoffs. When NE has to come in here in the post season I will probably revert back into a non-believer. But, I hope I am proven wrong.

broncosteven
10-30-2012, 05:29 PM
We need kFcDUD to come in and mock us for only being the 3rd best offense in the NFL to complete this thread.

Atwater His Ass
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Prior to the 2nd half of the SD game, this team was very frustrating to watch. Good against PIT and handled OAK. Destroyed against NE, ALT and HOU; those games were not as close as some of the scorelines indicated.

Nice to see this team put a complete game together. Hope it continues. Definately things are currently inline to our benefit. But that could change any given week.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 05:35 PM
We need kFcDUD to come in and mock us for only being the 3rd best offense in the NFL to complete this thread.

His mind is still blown from the KFC comment in the KC sucks thread.

broncosteven
10-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Prior to the 2nd half of the SD game, this team was very frustrating to watch. Good against PIT and handled OAK. Destroyed against NE, ALT and HOU; those games were not as close as some of the scorelines indicated.

Nice to see this team put a complete game together. Hope it continues. Definately things are currently inline to our benefit. But that could change any given week.

I don't think were destroyed vs NE, Atlanta or Houston, I think we turned it over too much in those games. Each time the staff made great adjustments at the half and the D played better. I would love to see our 3rd quarter D stats.

This team is gelling and the schedule is more favorable, as long as stay healty I like our chances for a deep playoff run. Meanwhile kFc fans are hoping for the 1 overall draft pick!

baja
I said 10 - 6 as soon as we signed Manning.

Looks like if we stay reasonably healthy we can do better maybe a lot better.

peacepipe
Nice to see this team put a complete game together. Hope it continues. Definately things are currently inline to our benefit. But that could change any given week.we were a stop away from comming back against atl,and a fumble away from comming back against ne.

RedskinBronco
10-30-2012, 05:40 PM
This team is gelling and the schedule is more favorable, as long as stay healty I like our chances for a deep playoff run. Meanwhile kFc fans are hoping for the 1 overall draft pick!

I talked to one of my chef friends yesterday and he was so ecstatic about losing to the raiders. He is hoping the save Norv campaign is on so KC can get their asses kicked on Thursday.

#1 pick is his (and many other KC fans) super bowl. Little do they know, it won't make a difference when you have the clowns they have making the decisions.

gyldenlove
10-30-2012, 06:02 PM
our remaining schedule is looks very favorable.

It is the easiest schedule on paper of any team in the league....

baja
10-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Next two games are away if we were to split them we would be 5 and 4 with 4 easy home games. Hard to imagine not winning the West. Barring a key injury.

broncosteven
10-30-2012, 06:26 PM
I talked to one of my chef friends yesterday and he was so ecstatic about losing to the raiders. He is hoping the save Norv campaign is on so KC can get their asses kicked on Thursday.

#1 pick is his (and many other KC fans) super bowl. Little do they know, it won't make a difference when you have the clowns they have making the decisions.

Losers love losing.

I admit to being ecstatic that we have Von Miller but enduring that season was tough and I don't want to go through that again.

Fox has done well finding role players to make this team better and had a very good draft this year even after winning a playoff game and picking late in each round. Teams can find good talent if they have a good GM and scout dept.

RedskinBronco
10-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Losers love losing.

I admit to being ecstatic that we have Von Miller but enduring that season was tough and I don't want to go through that again.

Fox has done well finding role players to make this team better and had a very good draft this year even after winning a playoff game and picking late in each round. Teams can find good talent if they have a good GM and scout dept.

Completely agree. If I was an owner, a heavy portion of my expenses would go towards having a top notch scouting department with the best in the business. I'm very big on scouting and really believe that's your edge as a sports franchise.

I look at the steelers, st louis cardinals, detroit red wings, etc. and I see why they are always championship type level contenders

orangeatheist
10-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Won't matter. Broncos can't win in NE. Texans are the best in the AFC. Then, of course, there's Baltimore.

/KCStud

(There. Now that douchenozzle won't have to post in this thread. It's been done for him.)

CEH
10-30-2012, 06:53 PM
+7 in point differential is elite level and generally leads to about 12 wins
Our brutal schedule may not lead to
12 wins but I expect Denver to roll into the playoffs on a 4+ game win streak

enjolras
10-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Fun stat from the radio yesterday:

Since 2004 Peyton Manning has never gone a season without at least a 7 game winning streak. I fully expect him to get that done this year as well.

Archer81
10-30-2012, 09:21 PM
+7 in point differential is elite level and generally leads to about 12 wins
Our brutal schedule may not lead to
12 wins but I expect Denver to roll into the playoffs on a 4+ game win streak

Toughest game left is against Baltimore. Followed by KC in December. I predicted 11-5. If Denver wins 12 or 13 I think I'd freak out and run naked down the streets.

:Broncos:

Chris
10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Toughest game left is against Baltimore. Followed by KC in December. I predicted 11-5. If Denver wins 12 or 13 I think I'd freak out and run naked down the streets.

Take vid but please sensor (will only take a few pixels, right?)

Bacchus
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM
five of the next seven games are on the road. Playing on the road is rarely easy. Cinncinnati has always been a tough place for Denver to play. The thing in Denver's favor is that the Bengals offense revolves around Green and of course Denver has Champ.

ZONA
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM

Especially with having played the toughest schedule in the league by a mile.

Archer81
10-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Take vid but please sensor (will only take a few pixels, right?)

If by few you mean "3/4 of the screen" then yes.

ZONA
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Completely agree. If I was an owner, a heavy portion of my expenses would go towards having a top notch scouting department with the best in the business. I'm very big on scouting and really believe that's your edge as a sports franchise.

I look at the steelers, st louis cardinals, detroit red wings, etc. and I see why they are always championship type level contenders

Or you could be lucky enough to have your team located in LA so all the good players want to come there and try and be a celeb. Works for the Lakers. lol

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 09:49 PM
#4 Offensive PPG
#14 Defensive PPG

...1.1 PPG from the top 10 on Defense...definitely doable.

I'm sure the defense would be higher ranked in terms of PPG without all the dumb turnovers the offense has given up. Of course, if the defense could actually force turnovers with any regularity our offense would almost certainly be #1 in PPG.

Jetmeck
10-30-2012, 10:10 PM

Your not funny and your putting way too much stock in the last six quarters of play against two pretty bad teams. Keep it in your pants.

lonestar
10-30-2012, 10:11 PM

They have picked up some great talent over the years..

Unfortunately it was wrong for their schemes..

that is not scouting but coaching but then with as many changes in coaching the past 15 years it is hard to get the talent that is needed for 2 coaches from now..

Br0nc0Buster
10-30-2012, 10:16 PM

Since 2004 Peyton Manning has never gone a season without at least a 7 game winning streak. I fully expect him to get that done this year as well.

That is amazing
Very impressive

pricejj
10-30-2012, 10:51 PM

holy mother.

Also, Broncos D is 14th in scoring after having faced the top Offensive teams in the NFL in the first 7 games.

If they can start dominating inferior opponents...we might be in for a ride fellas.

Kaylore
10-30-2012, 10:59 PM
go_denethor thinks we're going to lose all the rest of our games.

Bacchus
10-30-2012, 11:01 PM
go_denethor thinks we're going to lose all the rest of our games.

Lostknight PM'd me saying he still thinks the Broncos are going 3-13 this year.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Your not funny and your putting way too much stock in the last six quarters of play against two pretty bad teams. Keep it in your pants.

Sorry I thought Denver was good before the last 6 quarters. This team needed time to gel and I was fully aware of that fact. Sorry you don't see how good things are for Denver.

lonestar
10-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Sorry I thought Denver was good before the last 6 quarters. This team needed time to gel and I was fully aware of that fact. Sorry you don't see how good things are for Denver.

He has a pretty sour attitude, is just now realizing his beloved obama will probably lose..Ha!

broncocalijohn
10-30-2012, 11:10 PM

I hope you mean ..."Followed by KC in December" means it gets easier...much easier. I don't care about that stupid stat of playing in KC after November 1st. That team is such **** right now that I would be running naked it we lost that game.

lonestar
10-30-2012, 11:14 PM
I hope you mean ..."Followed by KC in December" means it gets easier...much easier. I don't care about that stupid stat of playing in KC after November 1st. That team is such **** right now that I would be running naked it we lost that game.

got to remember beating us in a trap game maybe the only incentive they have this year..

and we all know the history of trap games we should have beat the pants off the other team and wound up getting our asses kicked..

On any given sunday ..

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 11:21 PM
got to remember beating us in a trap game maybe the only incentive they have this year..

and we all know the history of trap games we should have beat the pants off the other team and wound up getting our asses kicked..

On any given sunday ..

At the same time, one should remember that Manning has a very long history of beating up on bad teams. Seriously, do trap games even exist for Manning teams? I feel like I've only ever seen him lose to good teams (including this season).

At this point I'm more worried about Manning struggling in the playoffs than us losing to clearly inferior teams. After all, that's the only real blemish on his career.

Bacchus
10-30-2012, 11:29 PM
At the same time, one should remember that Manning has a very long history of beating up on bad teams. Seriously, do trap games even exist for Manning teams? I feel like I've only ever seen him lose to good teams (including this season).

At this point I'm more worried about Manning struggling in the playoffs than us losing to clearly inferior teams. After all, that's the only real blemish on his career.

That is the thing about Manning's teams. They always seem to beat the teams they are supposed to. Hopefully, that will continue this year. Cincinnati always makes me nervous.

I see that Manning has played well against the Bungles over the years even though Denver has struggled.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is 7-0 in his career starts against the Bengals, 6-0 in home starts and 1-0 in Cincinnati.

He has thrown 17 touchdowns to go with just three interceptions in those games.

errand
10-30-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't think were destroyed vs NE, Atlanta or Houston, I think we turned it over too much in those games. Each time the staff made great adjustments at the half and the D played better. I would love to see our 3rd quarter D stats.

The D has surrendered only 13 points in the 4th qtr...with 6 vs. Pittsburgh and 7 vs. New Orleans.

errand
10-31-2012, 12:05 AM
Won't matter. Broncos can't win in NE. Texans are the best in the AFC. Then, of course, there's Baltimore.

/KCStud

(There. Now that douchenozzle won't have to post in this thread. It's been done for him.)

LOL ....what is unfortunately sad is we've got Broncos fans in here spewing the same defeatist **** under the guise of "keeping it real".....

2KBack
10-31-2012, 05:57 AM
That is the thing about Manning's teams. They always seem to beat the teams they are supposed to. Hopefully, that will continue this year. Cincinnati always makes me nervous.

I see that Manning has played well against the Bungles over the years even though Denver has struggled.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is 7-0 in his career starts against the Bengals, 6-0 in home starts and 1-0 in Cincinnati.

Why does Cincinnati make you nervous? We lead the all-time series 18 to 8, 12-2 in the last 20 years and Denver has won the last 3 straight. ****ing Kyle Orton was 2-0.

lonestar
10-31-2012, 09:06 AM

I said much the same thing in another thread I was hoping that the total change over in personnel over the past few season as well as coaching staff would remove those stains on our franchise.

But until I see it got to think that it still may happen.

Hard to be up for 16-19 games a year without having a bad one.

Even in the elway days. I remember going into a crap NYG game 13-0 and getting beat to ruin what was looking like a perfect season. But then mikey was the coach that year also. He was known for those trap games. 2 or more a year for no other reason than not having the guys ready mentally.

lonestar
10-31-2012, 09:13 AM

I don't know how old records against franchise like CIN,cle,Mia,JAX can be counted on due to the almost total turn over in players and coaches every couple of years.
The mentality changes. Unless it is the owners on down that makes the team a yo-yo. Great one week stinks the next.

I know it is not the fan bases except perhaps JAX. Well at least perry sure.

There is something there for some of these teams. Could be the crappy cities and weather some have.

55CrushEm
10-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Next two games are away if we were to split them we would be 5 and 4 with 4 easy home games. Hard to imagine not winning the West. Barring a key injury.

3 of our next 4......and 5 of our next 7 are on the road. That's tough.

TonyR
10-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Why does Cincinnati make you nervous? We lead the all-time series 18 to 8, 12-2 in the last 20 years and Denver has won the last 3 straight. ****ing Kyle Orton was 2-0.

I agree we should beat Cincinnati, but looking at this historical stuff is worthless. For example, remember how we used to "own" New England? Notice how that trend has worked out the past couple of years. As with financial products, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

v2micca
10-31-2012, 10:43 AM
I agree we should beat Cincinnati, but looking at this historical stuff is worthless. For example, remember how we used to "own" New England? Notice how that trend has worked out the past couple of years. As with financial products, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

This is one reason I really want to see New England in the play-offs. We shot ourselves in the foot against them in week 5. Even with their hyper-paced offense smoking our defense, I would have liked our odds if he hadn't given the ball away twice on promising drives that would have both at least yielded 3 points.

Since that game, our defense has started to figure things out. And honestly, I don't think their offense will be able to catch our D with their pants down again. You aren't going to stop Tom Brady. But, in a rematch I think we could keep them to 24 points or less. There was a time Brady hated playing the Broncos. New England fans have forgotten what that felt like. I want this team to remind them.

2KBack
10-31-2012, 10:46 AM

That would be the only reason for additional nervousness for a particular team, unless they are tearing up other teams....which they are not.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Clean up those turnovers on offense and get some more on defense.

lonestar
10-31-2012, 01:46 PM
This is one reason I really want to see New England in the play-offs. We shot ourselves in the foot against them in week 5. Even with their hyper-paced offense smoking our defense, I would have liked our odds if he hadn't given the ball away twice on promising drives that would have both at least yielded 3 points.

Since that game, our defense has started to figure things out. And honestly, I don't think their offense will be able to catch our D with their pants down again. You aren't going to stop Tom Brady. But, in a rematch I think we could keep them to 24 points or less. There was a time Brady hated playing the Broncos. New England fans have forgotten what that felt like. I want this team to remind them.

MAny thought that it would be a shoot out with NOL also..

with all the fresh faces and IDEAS in Dove valley now I do not think anyone can predict what will or will not happen anymore..

I do believe we will continue to get better but will we peak at teh right time or are we almost there now?

I BELIEVE the real measurement of progress is consistency when we no longer make stupid mistakes whether they are turn overs, dropped passes or drive killing penalties.. ON defense not allowing HUGE 3rd and long completions or runs.. getting more and more 3 and outs, along with putting more pressure on the QB with just the DL..

fix all the little screw ups and it all gets better and better each week..

lonestar
10-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Clean up those turnovers on offense and get some more on defense.
:thumbs:
Sorry did not see this before posting much the same thing..

these are the keys being consistent