PDA

View Full Version : Decker talking Peyton Manning

i4jelway7
10-29-2012, 06:16 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q_0j7BmPn-k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

not sure why its not loading anymore but here is the direct link

http://youtu.be/q_0j7BmPn-k

Vegas_Bronco
10-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Great interview...so...you know Peyton Manning, eh? He's good - real good.

Did anyone understand what John Fox said?

Jetmeck
10-29-2012, 09:20 PM
What was Fox mumbling about. The guy needs to speak english.

pricejj
10-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Great interview...so...you know Peyton Manning, eh? He's good - real good.

Did anyone understand what John Fox said?

Fox: "What's better than 2-0?"
Team: "3-0"
Fox: "That's what I'm talkin' bout. Great effort tonight, good team win. Alright, let's stay humble, men. You know why we were able to perform like we did tonight, let's not lose sight of that. Alright, I don't care if anybody says we're bad, I don't care if people say we're good, we just stay the same. We on the same page? Alright, everybody up. Broncos on 3, men. 1-2-3 BRONCOS!!"

pricejj
10-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks Decker, for telling everyone that we run the ball when there are 6 men in the box, or a wide box, and we throw it when they load the box. That won't be beneficial to anyone at all.

Broncobiv
10-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks Decker, for telling everyone that we run the ball when there are 6 men in the box, or a wide box, and we throw it when they load the box. That won't be beneficial to anyone at all.

Agreed. It won't.

So, we do the opposite of what the defense does to us. They line up to stop the run, we pass. They line up to stop the pass, we run. Dammit Decker!!

baja
10-29-2012, 10:47 PM

Ya because they would not have known that otherwise.:kiddingme:kiddingme

...and we could never deviate from that even with Peyton Manning.

pricejj
10-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Ya because they would not have known that otherwise.:kiddingme:kiddingme

...and we could never deviate from that even with Peyton Manning.

Ever hear of an effective disguise? a la Atlanta Falcons, or Saints in the SuperBowl?

Much like the Broncos are trying to stop the run (just enough) out of the 4-2 Nickel...other teams will try to do the same to us.

Kaylore
10-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Fox is saying when people say the Broncos are bad, they ignore it, stay focused and work hard. When people say the Broncos are good, they do likewise, not letting their preparation change because people say they are good or bad.

baja
10-29-2012, 11:31 PM
We know who we are - John Fox

baja
10-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Ever hear of an effective disguise? a la Atlanta Falcons, or Saints in the SuperBowl?

Much like the Broncos are trying to stop the run (just enough) out of the 4-2 Nickel...other teams will try to do the same to us.

Dude I really don't think Decker gave up any big secret. If you do well that's your call.

Action
10-29-2012, 11:55 PM
lol come on son, everyone watching the game knew what Sally was and teams put in countless hours in film every week... **** we check down to running on a wide or 6 man box on 3rd and longs... I'm not sure how much more obvious it can get than that.

theAPAOps5
10-30-2012, 12:09 AM
Fox: "What's better than 2-0?"
Team: "3-0"
Fox: "That's what I'm talkin' bout. Great effort tonight, good team win. Alright, let's stay humble, men. You know why we were able to perform like we did tonight, let's not lose sight of that. Alright, I don't care if anybody says we're bad, I don't care if people say we're good, we just stay the same. We on the same page? Alright, everybody up. Broncos on 3, men. 1-2-3 BRONCOS!!"

:spit:

You nailed it word for word!

ZONA
10-30-2012, 01:36 AM

LOL - I can't believe you think that makes a difference. It's not rocket science man. What, when they load the box, Manning is going to audible to a run play and when they put everybody back in coverage he's going to audible to a pass play? The equivalent of what Decker said would be like McGahee saying, I want to run where there are open lanes. Please man, cmon dude.

DenverBrit
10-30-2012, 05:12 AM

http://torwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/a-cunning-plan.jpg

Ray Finkle
10-30-2012, 07:15 AM

if a defense is so stupid to realize this from a quote as opposed to watching the game and figure it out, good for them...

bronco militia
10-30-2012, 08:05 AM
oh no!!!

http://global.networldalliance.com/new/images/blogs/decoder_ring1.jpg

RedskinBronco
10-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Come on people lol.

What Decker said is a variation on what every player and coach says. It's a general statement. It's not like that's actually the staple of the broncos game plan and strategy.

And the opponent is not going to be stupid enough to say oh let's put 6 men so Peyton doesn't pass! It's much more intricate than that and if a defense is thinking Decker is really saying something, well they are going to get fooled and burned...

edit: now if he said when they put this POS corner on me, we like to show run and then take advantage of the matchup, then yes he is giving away something the broncos probably do. HOWEVER, it's not like defenses/coaches don't eventually figure the formation out anyways. You just don't say it...

pricejj
10-30-2012, 09:25 AM
if a defense is so stupid to realize this from a quote as opposed to watching the game and figure it out, good for them...

It's pretty useful to know when the Broncos are (most likely) going to checkdown to a run.

Fortunately, the Manning no-huddle pretty much eliminates any advantage that the Defense might be able to get personnel-wise...unless, they figure out how to stop our running game, with a pass Defense.

If I was another team, I would try to stop the run effectively out of the Nickel, like the Broncos did against the Saints.

swaiy
10-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Lol @ the notion of Decker giving away what the Broncos do. Im sure they already knew from watching weeks of Broncos game film.

CPA
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
I have manlove for Decker.

Kaylore
10-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Lol @ the notion of Decker giving away what the Broncos do. Im sure they already knew from watching weeks of Broncos game film.

NO!!! IT'S A SECRET!!!!!! NOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Finkle
10-30-2012, 11:20 AM
It's pretty useful to know when the Broncos are (most likely) going to checkdown to a run.

Fortunately, the Manning no-huddle pretty much eliminates any advantage that the Defense might be able to get personnel-wise...unless, they figure out how to stop our running game, with a pass Defense.

If I was another team, I would try to stop the run effectively out of the Nickel, like the Broncos did against the Saints.

A pee wee league coach would see that watching week 1 game film.

Dean
10-30-2012, 11:54 AM

If people who have spent nearly their entire lives playing and coaching football spend a week in video watching every play the Broncos have run and can't tell what is going on, we should have no worries. If they are no more knowledgeable than that we will win the game for sure.

bowtown
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
pricejj is just upset that he is only now being let in on the great mysteries of crowding the box and what every single other team in the league does to combat that.

pricejj
10-30-2012, 02:54 PM
I should be getting more credit for decoding Fox's speech, and less backlash for scolding Decker.

errand
10-30-2012, 06:13 PM
I should be getting more credit for decoding Fox's speech, and less backlash for scolding Decker.

You wanna scold Decker? why not scold him for letting that sure TD pass go thru the big "O" he made with his arms.....

baja
10-30-2012, 06:46 PM
You wanna scold Decker? why not scold him for letting that sure TD pass go thru the big "O" he made with his arms.....

That was horrid. I am wondering if in fact the camera angle was deceiving