PDA

View Full Version : Sandy.....

Raidersbane
10-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh great...they just updated the path the this little wind bluster and now I'm in the **** zone. Party tonight!:clown:

bronco militia
10-29-2012, 11:10 AM
SANDY!!!! YOU BITCH!

Ray Finkle
10-29-2012, 11:11 AM
it's already picking up (wind wise)....I fully expect to lose power in the next few hours.

bronco militia
10-29-2012, 11:16 AM
ok fess up......who is this?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTO_NsYkqOo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTO_NsYkqOo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Kaylore
10-29-2012, 11:17 AM
SANDY!!!! YOU b****!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AHmU52TO_zQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dedhed
10-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Getting breezy north of Boston.

ColoradoDarin
10-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Stay safe guys!

BlueCrusher
10-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Been in a couple of hurricanes down here in Florida and a couple of blizzards when I was a kid in CO. I can't imagine the two mixed...

bronco militia
10-29-2012, 11:27 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AHmU52TO_zQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha!Ha!

that was terrible ;D

baja
10-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Than there is this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4P7Kr17RX8&feature=em-share_video_user

chickennob2
10-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Rained hard this morning, and lightly all day here in Boston. Wind is picking up. MBTA (the subway, buses, etc.) is closing everything down at 2pm. People seem to be expecting the worst to hit then.

BlueCrusher
10-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Couple of tips:

1. Fill up your bath tub. You can use the water to flush your toilet if you lose water.
2. If you have a generator, make sure it is in a well ventilated area.
3. Assume any downed power line is live.
4. If you have plywood. Keep a sheet or two inside to be able to cover any windows or doors that break.

Be safe y'all I really feel for you.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-29-2012, 11:48 AM
sandy git back in da kitchen and fix me a sammich and stop blowing everyone there you slut before i come over there and bitch slap you !!
IM SORRY MY SLUT OF A GF IS TROUBLING YALLS ILL TAKE CARE OF IT

WolfpackGuy
10-29-2012, 11:51 AM
It's been raining here all day with steady winds.

The gusts didn't start picking up till just a little while ago though.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed we don't lose cable and innerwebz.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Oh great...they just updated the path the this little wind bluster and now I'm in the **** zone. Party tonight!:clown:

if you see my fat slut of a gf you tell her to get her slutty azz back .
git back in the kitchen and fix me a gawd damn sammich!!!!!!!!
im sorry my fat azz gf is a lil whore shes going all over the east blowing every man woman child out there
im quite embarrassed
im going to see if we can get on jerry next week

Cito Pelon
10-29-2012, 11:58 AM

I thought this was gonna be about Sandy Clough . . . .

gunns
10-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Get plenty of blankets and water and stay safe you guys. Hopefully it won't be 1/2 as bad as they are predicting.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-29-2012, 12:17 PM
hope yalls stay safe btw .
im thinking it be a major pain, but no one on the OM is going to die .
just be with out power probably because of a ice storm from this storm

Garcia Bronco
10-29-2012, 12:18 PM
The North East is going to learn a bit this week from years of neglected infrastructure. God Bless.

Garcia Bronco
10-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Couple of tips:

1. Fill up your bath tub. You can use the water to flush your toilet if you lose water.
2. If you have a generator, make sure it is in a well ventilated area.
3. Assume any downed power line is live.
4. If you have plywood. Keep a sheet or two inside to be able to cover any windows or doors that break.

Be safe y'all I really feel for you.

7 gallon containers from Walmart aren't a bad idea either for water.

Your sewage and water WILL be shut off.

bronco militia
10-29-2012, 12:33 PM
7 gallon containers from Walmart aren't a bad idea either for water.

Your sewage and water WILL be shut off.

how do you turn off the sewage? Ha!

Gort
10-29-2012, 12:42 PM
sunny and warm here. no rain. no wind. i think it's going to miss Colorado completely.

;)

elsid13
10-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Wind are really starting to pick up, no one is out expect the freaking mailman. Going to be interesting day/night.

Garcia Bronco
10-29-2012, 12:50 PM

Sorry...on the east coast in some places it's the same bill....so I group them together.

bronco militia
10-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Sorry...on the east coast in some places it's the same bill....so I group them together.

ahh

Rohirrim
10-29-2012, 12:59 PM
"REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE OFFICIAL DESIGNATION IS NOW OR AT/AFTER LANDFALL -- HURRICANE (INCLUDING IF "ONLY" A CATEGORY ONE), TROPICAL STORM, POST-TROPICAL, EXTRATROPICAL, WHATEVER -- OR WHAT TYPE OF WARNINGS ARE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AND NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, PEOPLE IN THE PATH OF THIS STORM NEED TO HEED THE THREAT IT POSES WITH UTMOST URGENCY.
"A meteorologically mind-boggling combination of ingredients is coming together: one of the largest expanses of tropical storm force winds on record with a tropical or subtropical cyclone in the Atlantic or for that matter anywhere else in the world; a track of the center making a sharp left turn in direction of movement toward New Jersey in a way that is unprecedented in the historical database, as it gets blocked from moving out to sea by a pattern that includes an exceptionally strong ridge of high pressure aloft near Greenland; a 'warm-core' tropical cyclone embedded within a larger, nor'easter-like circulation; and eventually tropical moisture and arctic air combining to produce heavy snow in interior high elevations. This is an extraordinary situation, and I am not prone to hyperbole.''

Stu Ostro, The Weather Channel

Eldorado
10-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Than there is this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4P7Kr17RX8&feature=em-share_video_user

Well that was one giant steaming pile of crazy. The comments section was ****ing hilarious.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-29-2012, 01:15 PM
68 degrees not a cloud in the sky and 0 mph wind here in Carmel right now. I will take Earthquakes over these named storms and hurricanes anyday. We just had a 4.2 quake last night minutes after the World Series ended. 10 seconds and its done. I feel for the east coasters

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Well that was one giant steaming pile of crazy. The comments section was ****ing hilarious.

The lady is a whack job

Rohirrim
10-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Is that who watches Fox? That explains a lot.

OBF1
10-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Sunny, not a cloud in the sky and 81 degree's in SoCal right now.

Beantown Bronco
10-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Whoever said dogs can't fly never let them out in a storm like this.

Bronco Yoda
10-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Alfred Packer says get a good sharpening stone for your knife. You just never know...

OBF1
10-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Alfred Packer says get a good sharpening stone for your knife. You just never know...

LOL Alfred Packer mention always equals rep ROFL!

elsid13
10-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Domino is actually delivering pizzas. Idiots.

kupesdad
10-29-2012, 03:56 PM
it's already picking up (wind wise)....I fully expect to lose power in the next few hours.

You never had any power to lose my friend

yerner
10-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Sunny, not a cloud in the sky and 81 degree's in SoCal right now.

how does the japanese radioactive fish taste?

kupesdad
10-29-2012, 03:58 PM

Anyone that orders Dominos Pizza is a traitor.... Papa Peyton's err Johns. I heard he bought 21 franchises

Irish Stout
10-29-2012, 04:01 PM

Bad for them awesome for you. Order up now before they're cars are washed off the roads.

Bronco Yoda
10-29-2012, 04:07 PM

I would order a pizza just to see if they could make it. But I'd wait to the very last min. Ha!

elsid13
10-29-2012, 04:22 PM
I would order a pizza just to see if they could make it. But I'd wait to the very last min. Ha!

I would hate for some dude making 6 Dollars an Hour to die for crappy pizza.

Mogulseeker
10-29-2012, 04:33 PM

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTO_NsYkqOo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTO_NsYkqOo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I'll never tell ;D

orinjkrush
10-29-2012, 07:39 PM
winds 40-50 now. rain horizontal and non stop several hours now. power flickering. took the dogs out to pee and they pissed themselves with fright. thought i saw lightning too but coulda been the transformers popping.

TEOTWAWKI!!!! Just remember you heard it here first!

baja
10-29-2012, 07:46 PM
winds 40-50 now. rain horizontal and non stop several hours now. power flickering. took the dogs out to pee and they pissed themselves with fright. thought i saw lightning too but coulda been the transformers popping.

stay safe my friend

RedskinBronco
10-29-2012, 07:51 PM
neighbors' transformers went out 30 min ago. I got lucky, might be able to get this MNF game in before power goes out.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-29-2012, 08:34 PM
dont yalls blow away now we need bronco fans out east to cheer the team on when we are back there

colorado jones
10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Is it bad that the first word that came to mind when I saw the thread title was vagina?

broncosteven
10-29-2012, 08:59 PM
good luck to all of you affected by the storm!

lonestar
10-29-2012, 09:15 PM

LMAO I have big Weimaraner 85 pounder and she is afraid of getting wet.. must have been abused if it is raining (hardly ever in El Paso) she will head outside and make a u-turn if she gets hit with a rain drop..
She is not afraid of anything, is fierce with anyone trying to come in the house, but getting wet, bath times are an adventure..

I suspect she would hold it for a few days not to get wet..

Keep your self safe..

My wife was supposed to fly to NYC tonight but all flights into JFK are cancelled through about 4 pm tomorrow.. only a few flights are still scheduled into LGA..

Not even sure I want her there but she has work she has to get to..

bowtown
10-29-2012, 09:39 PM
**** is getting crazy here.

Mecklomaniac
10-29-2012, 10:03 PM

7lb burrito

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://cdn.static.ovimg.com/episode/444266.jpg&sa=X&ei=YlGPULTeIo_ligKlloGQBA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFnUvldDJvM1XWJmElKyqvIUa89MQ

pricejj
10-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Ground Zero, Manhattan

Flash flood

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Slideshows/_production/ss-121025-hurricane-sandy/ss-121029-nyc-flooding-08.grid-8x2.jpg

That One Guy
10-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Things are rough here in south Florida as well. It was down in the 50s today. Keep us in your thoughts.

DBroncos4life
10-29-2012, 11:03 PM
HMS Bounty was sank.

elsid13
10-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Well that was fun. Never truly lost power, but for two hours plus it was surge off and on. Look like NJ and NY got hit hard, hopefully everyone is alright. Now just have to worry about flooding.

Ray Finkle
10-30-2012, 06:29 AM
You never had any power to lose my friend

I can dream....

we got off lucky so far, no down trees/flood or lose of power.

spiralism
10-30-2012, 08:33 AM
I would hate for some dude making 6 Dollars an Hour to die for crappy pizza.

In all honesty, i'd tell them to stick their job up their hole if they wanted me to drive around delivering pizzas for minimum wage in a hurricane, i wouldn't care that they'd fire me.

Ray Finkle
10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
In all honesty, i'd tell them to stick their job up their hole if they wanted me to drive around delivering pizzas for minimum wage in a hurricane, i wouldn't care that they'd fire me.

when the east coast had a bad storm in 97, I was in college and delivery pizza's. I made about 2K in 4 hours of work....

Chris
10-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Power out for a few days. Moved uptown to friend's place. Brought the ps3 so I can finish playing AC3.

Mecklomaniac
10-30-2012, 10:49 AM
when the east coast had a bad storm in 97, I was in college and delivery pizza's. I made about 2K in 4 hours of work....

That you?
http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/198597.1020.A.jpg

HILife
10-30-2012, 10:56 AM

saw this live. was funny. and the asian is super cute.

Ray Finkle
10-30-2012, 11:19 AM
That you?
http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/198597.1020.A.jpg

You caught me!

Lots of folks that couldn't leave the house for days tip well....

Heyneck
10-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Is it bad that the first word that came to mind when I saw the thread title was vagina?

I was actually thinking of McCoy...

Anikai
10-30-2012, 02:19 PM
did anyone else find it strange that the HAARP readings were the highest they've ever been on the east coast 3 days prior to this thing hitting land???

bronco militia
10-30-2012, 02:23 PM
did anyone else find it strange that the HAARP readings were the highest they've ever been on the east coast 3 days prior to this thing hitting land???

my haarp meter is broken

Quoydogs
10-30-2012, 02:26 PM
LMAO I have big Weimaraner 85 pounder and she is afraid of getting wet.. must have been abused if it is raining (hardly ever in El Paso) she will head outside and make a u-turn if she gets hit with a rain drop..
She is not afraid of anything, is fierce with anyone trying to come in the house, but getting wet, bath times are an adventure..

I suspect she would hold it for a few days not to get wet..

Keep your self safe..

My wife was supposed to fly to NYC tonight but all flights into JFK are cancelled through about 4 pm tomorrow.. only a few flights are still scheduled into LGA..

Not even sure I want her there but she has work she has to get to..
My weim won't go out when it rains but thats because he does not want to get muddy. There strange creatures. 85lbs you got lucky. Ours is 115 on a good day.

lonestar
10-30-2012, 02:53 PM
My weim won't go out when it rains but thats because he does not want to get muddy. There strange creatures. 85lbs you got lucky. Ours is 115 on a good day.

Mine was previously owned by a Samoa family, pig roasts weekly and I do not think they did anything cooking except on the porch with the grill or PIG pit.. when we got her she was a porker we have fed her really high protein low fat stuff since and have her down from 105..

She now has pancreatic issues because of all the fat she used to get.. Not to mention now lung cancer probably lose her by Christmas.

She is never more than a few feet from me, gonna miss her when she goes.. In fact was looking at humane society to see if they have any to replace her with.. I can't stand the other dog we have scruffy little bithc part wire hair something part dachshund one of those dogs only a mother could love because it is so ugly. got her from the pound obviously an abused dog before we got her. but she is not a big dog I like for scaring the bejesus out of folks coming to the door..

I have never seen a dog with the hair on it back stand up like her looks like a Mohawk when she is in attack mode..

lonestar
10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
My wife is stranded in ATL trying to get back to NYC for work, just talked to her and it sounds like LGA in particular has lots of runway lights that were not designed to be under salt water.. typical government issues.. Her special flight might be cancelled until tomorrow..

Last time I looked at flight radar there are almost NO flights near the NYC area a few flying over to BOS and PHL..

Lots of the airlines had moved their planes that normally would overnight in NYC to out lying areas DET CHI MIN ATL and west coast cities.. SO like after 911 it is going to take a week or more to get back to some semblance of normalcy..

She also said the apt she normally stays at while at work has not been checked out yet for Power or if it was flooded..

For all of Y'all that have been affected your in my prayers..

Chris
10-30-2012, 04:34 PM
saw this live. was funny. and the asian is super cute.

I have that mask. Why didn't I think of that?

Wooooooooaah Sandy
Well you came and you took out my power
You just swept it away
Wooooooooaah Sandy

Eldorado
10-30-2012, 04:57 PM

Oh, man crazy. When do you think they will declare martial law?

Baba Booey
10-30-2012, 06:47 PM
So the Jersey Shore is pretty much gone. Atlantic City is half under water. NYC's East Village was completely consumed by the East River at one point.

I'm in Northwest NJ so all I got were some heavy, heavy winds and 12 hours of no power. Like I said, though the Jersey Shore is absolutely decimated. Buddy's shore house had a foot of water in the first floor when he went back today.

Ray Finkle
10-30-2012, 07:13 PM
So the Jersey Shore is pretty much gone. Atlantic City is half under water. NYC's East Village was completely consumed by the East River at one point.

I'm in Northwest NJ so all I got were some heavy, heavy winds and 12 hours of no power. Like I said, though the Jersey Shore is absolutely decimated. Buddy's shore house had a foot of water in the first floor when he went back today.

I'm from Brick, the devastation there and Point is unreal. Seasides boardwalk is gone.

lonestar
10-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Oh, man crazy. When do you think they will declare martial law?

tuesday.. just before the polls open..

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-30-2012, 08:31 PM

well at least jersey shore the mtv show wont be back for a while a small silver lining out of all of this

Eldorado
10-30-2012, 08:34 PM
tuesday.. just before the polls open..

No way. I don't think they will do it.

Chris
10-30-2012, 08:52 PM

I live in the East Village. Avenue's C and D were flooded pretty badly but other than that we're ok. It was just a bad windstorm from my place. That said, lost power last night and won't have it back for a few days.

Heyneck
10-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Mine was previously owned by a Samoa family, pig roasts weekly and I do not think they did anything cooking except on the porch with the grill or PIG pit.. when we got her she was a porker we have fed her really high protein low fat stuff since and have her down from 105..

She now has pancreatic issues because of all the fat she used to get.. Not to mention now lung cancer probably lose her by Christmas.

She is never more than a few feet from me, gonna miss her when she goes.. In fact was looking at humane society to see if they have any to replace her with.. I can't stand the other dog we have scruffy little bithc part wire hair something part dachshund one of those dogs only a mother could love because it is so ugly. got her from the pound obviously an abused dog before we got her. but she is not a big dog I like for scaring the bejesus out of folks coming to the door..

I have never seen a dog with the hair on it back stand up like her looks like a Mohawk when she is in attack mode..

Nothing like the love of a dog dude. Sad to hear she will pass soon, but hope you make this last months with her pretty special. I lost my Shetland Sheep Shepard because of age a few years back, and later my Bull Terrier to a heat stroke. Tough times, but always a treat remembering all the good times and special moments that only loving dog owners can relate to.

Anyway... about that last part of your story. I got a puppy girl American Staford mixed with Pitt Bull 3 months ago. It had been a few years since I had a dog, and never ever imagined buying that type of breed. It's been an awesome experience up to this moment. Easiest dog I have ever trained an educated. She is 5 months now, and starting to develop that stocky build. She is such an easygoing girl with everybody, but she goes immediately into alert mode if she senses something she doesn't like. The back of her hair al the way up the neck stand up mohak style. One of the coolest things seeing her in that stance! Can't imagine how people will react to that when she reaches full size.

lonestar
10-30-2012, 11:39 PM
was just watching the NYC abc7 news they had a picture on it of a jetway at LGA airport, which is normally about 10-12 feet above the ground.. Right?

this one has water about 2 feet under the end of the jetway..

They will be opening JFK tomorrow more for the repositioning of planes and crews.. with somewhat normal operations there by Thursday.

They have no idea when LGA and Newark will open.. Apparently the sea walls built at LGA to keep the water out (built on very low ground) is now keeping the water in.. Had pictures of about 4 fire truck pumpers pumping water over the sea walls.. Which can not be good for the pumps on those trucks..

JFK is primarily the international airport from Europe and beyond and LGA is mostly for inside the US .

Newark does both and is the one of the main hubs of UAL/CO.

Was told there have been over 15,000 flight cancellations since this all started.. with a lot more to come until they resume normal ops..

They are going to try to run the NYC marathon on Sunday as planned and the opening game of the NBA season for the Brooklyn Nets and Knicks is still planned on Thursday night.. at the new facility built for them in Brooklyn.. they believe that the subways which are still flooded with 2-6 feet of water will not be in operation for about a week.. the tunnels under the Hudson are completely filled with water..

they do expect normal bus service tomorrow.. was on weekend service today..

I also understand that cold front merged with this storm and places in the mountains of W VA are covered with at least two feet of snow not even to mention upstate NY .

lonestar
10-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Nothing like the love of a dog dude. Sad to hear she will pass soon, but hope you make this last months with her pretty special. I lost my Shetland Sheep Shepard because of age a few years back, and later my Bull Terrier to a heat stroke. Tough times, but always a treat remembering all the good times and special moments that only loving dog owners can relate to.

Anyway... about that last part of your story. I got a puppy girl American Staford mixed with Pitt Bull 3 months ago. It had been a few years since I had a dog, and never ever imagined buying that type of breed. It's been an awesome experience up to this moment. Easiest dog I have ever trained an educated. She is 5 months now, and starting to develop that stocky build. She is such an easygoing girl with everybody, but she goes immediately into alert mode if she senses something she doesn't like. The back of her hair al the way up the neck stand up mohak style. One of the coolest things seeing her in that stance! Can't imagine how people will react to that when she reaches full size.

just looked up the breed frankly they look the same..If I did not check it out on AKC I would have thought it to be a pit bull..

not as big As I prefer.. but I'd guess a good watch dog..

lonestar
10-31-2012, 12:04 AM
as of 4pm EDT

Good afternoon from FlightAware.com,

The major NYC airports (JFK/LGA/EWR/HVN/TEB) remain closed with no estimated re-open time. Flight cancellations will likely continue tomorrow at EWR and JFK and will certainly continue tomorrow at LGA. Jet Blue has halted operations for several periods today due to communication issues.

Over 18,100 flight cancellations so far as a result of Hurricane Sandy -- details below on flights to/from/within the US:

1,300 flights cancelled Sunday.

7,885 flights cancelled yesterday. Most affected was Philadelphia (PHL) with 1,529 cancels. The NYC airports each had about 1,100 cancellations.

7,043 flights cancelled so far today. Most affected are LGA and EWR with 1200 cancellations each.

1,875 cancellation so far tomorrow (Wednesday). We expect this number to rise before the NYC area airports re-open.

Airport-specific updates:

BOS Open/operational, limited flights have resumed.

PHL Open/operational, limited flights have resumed.

IAD Open/operational, Delta and some foreign carriers operating.

BWI Open/operational, Delta operating limited flights.

DCA Open/operational, Delta operating limited flights.

ACY Open but no operations so far.

HPN Open/operational.

read more at http://flightaware.com/news/article/FlightAwarecom-Hurricane-Sandy-Flight-Update--Tuesday-850a-ET/177

Raidersbane
10-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Well that was some ****. GF has been without power since Monday eve. A huge limb came down where I park while I was at work so got lucky there. But worse by far was I lost a neighbor down the road. Poor bastard had a huge oak tree land on his house and he didn't survive...

orinjkrush
10-31-2012, 02:11 PM

wow. just wow. i could dump being retired for that.

Ray Finkle
10-31-2012, 02:31 PM
wow. just wow. i could dump being retired for that.

it's amazing what people tip when they're snowed in and you have a 4X4....I got a 250 tip from one house alone.....

lonestar
10-31-2012, 02:31 PM
LGA remains closed, but JFK/EWR are open and taking some limited flights (mostly cargo and airline repositioning flights). Further flight cancellations will be limited at JFK/EWR but LGA will continue to see more cancellations. The re-opening time for LGA is unknown. The availability of mass transit continues to be a factor in cancellations; it will need to be fully operational before airlines can resume full services.

Over 19,500 flight cancellations so far -- details below on flights to/from/within the US:

1,300 flights cancelled Sunday.

7,884 flights cancelled Monday.

7,074 flights cancelled yesterday (Tuesday).

2,801 flights cancelled so far today (Wednesday)

481 cancellations so far tomorrow (Thursday)

Every airline is allowing fee-free changes (and refunds in some cases) for itineraries potentially impacted by the storm. The best way to make flight changes is on airline websites; call centers are typically overwhelmed during major events.

We expect the number of flight cancellations for today and tomorrow to rise depending on how quickly airlines can resume service at JFK/EWR and once the timeframe at LGA is understood. We will send another update by 5pm ET today.

he is the latest scoop on airports in the NE..

lonestar
11-02-2012, 12:34 AM
November 1, 2012

Major US airlines moved to build up service in the New York area on Thursday, with the number of cancelled flights easing as LaGuardia Airport re-opened for business in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.

Airlines had cancelled about 750 flights for Thursday as of late afternoon, according to flight-tracking service FlightAware. That was the lowest daily tally of halted flights since airlines began cutting their US flying on Sunday ahead of the storm.

Delta Air Lines expected to operate about half of its roughly 260 flights at LaGuardia on Thursday. At JFK, Delta operations are near the normal schedule.

United Continental expected to have a "more-or-less normal schedule" of flights at Newark and JFK, according to a spokesman. "We're looking to concentrate any cancellations required by airport conditions to the United Express regional operations," he added.

Meanwhile, American Airlines planned to build up to full schedules at LaGuardia and Newark. A spokesman said American added extra flights into JFK to assist customers that had been stranded by cancellations earlier in the week.

New York-based JetBlue Airways said it planned to operate 80 percent of its total flights on Thursday, ramping up to a full schedule by Saturday.

US Airways began flights at JFK and Newark on Thursday and will resume service at LaGuardia on Friday, spokeswoman Michelle Mohr said.

US carriers, which have cancelled nearly 20,000 flights between Sunday and Thursday, have lost millions in revenue in Sandy's wake, airline watchers said. The New York-area airport closures had a trickle-down effect as airlines were forced to cut flights in other major cities.

John Wensveen, head of airline advisory services at Radixx International, which provides distribution systems and management consulting, said the cost to airlines from Sandy was likely USD$700 million to USD$1 billion, including lost revenue from cancelled flights and expenses involved in re-starting operations.

"This is one of the most significant things that's happened to the industry in a long time," he said.

"Most airlines will take a (financial) hit in the fourth quarter; we don't know the magnitude yet," Neidl said this week.

If there is any silver lining for airlines, it could be that Sandy hit during a period that is typically slow for leisure and business travel.

"If this storm in its full magnitude had come through in July, it would have been far more disruptive," said George Hamlin, a consultant in Fairfax, Virginia.

(Reuters)

read more at http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1351811769.html

lonestar
11-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Watching the news tonight there are millions of folks without power, houses or food..

Yet Bloomberg still thinks running the NYC marathon is a good thing to do on Sunday..

Off the top of my head instead of running the race take the thousands of volunteers and for that matter runners and let them help with food distribution hand out the thousands of bottles of water that will be consumed to folks that do not have running water..

The only reason they canceled the Knicks-Nets game in Brooklyn tonight was because of transportation problems the subways are closed between Manhattan and Brooklyn..

time for those democrats to figure out what is important..

as a side note, I Also heard that power crews from the south that came up to jersey to help restore power were turned away because they were not card carrying union members..

So much for Kristies, Napalitanos and nobamas promise to get rid of red tape, in order to get the area back to normal..

enjolras
11-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Watching the news tonight there are millions of folks without power, houses or food..

Yet Bloomberg still thinks running the NYC marathon is a good thing to do on Sunday..

Off the top of my head instead of running the race take the thousands of volunteers and for that matter runners and let them help with food distribution hand out the thousands of bottles of water that will be consumed to folks that do not have running water..

The only reason they canceled the Knicks-Nets game in Brooklyn tonight was because of transportation problems the subways are closed between Manhattan and Brooklyn..

as a side note, I Also heard that power crews from the south that came up to jersey to help restore power were turned away because they were not card carrying union members..

So much for Kristies, Napalitanos and nobamas promise to get rid of red tape, in order to get the area back to normal..

Or maybe the emergency response is adequate that they don't need those volunteers to hand out bottles, they can manage a marathon and start getting the city back to normal.

It's called planning, and NYC seemed to be as well prepared for this mess as you can reasonably expect to be. Good on them.

Although some sort of seawall would probably be a good idea in the future.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-02-2012, 02:44 AM

just when i was thinking they wasnt all that bad at least domestically they go do this thank you unions you son of a bitches and Obama and Christie . might as well resurrect the 3 stooges and let them try

Chris
11-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Christie is a republican and Bloomberg is an independent. Thanks for making it political from the comfort of hundreds of miles away. Day 5 still no power but I'll try to d out at the rockaways tomorrow (for one thing my favourite surf slot and breezy point is a beautiful neighbourhood).

lonestar
11-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Or maybe the emergency response is adequate that they don't need those volunteers to hand out bottles, they can manage a marathon and start getting the city back to normal.

It's called planning, and NYC seemed to be as well prepared for this mess as you can reasonably expect to be. Good on them.

Although some sort of seawall would probably be a good idea in the future.

Hard to put up a sea wall on beaches kind of defeats the purpose of living on the beach looking over a wall..

At LGA Airport they did put up and sea wall but all it managed to do was hold the water in once it was found not to be tall enough to handle the SEA.. Took them two days of pumping with high speed pumps on Fire trucks to get it back to some semblance of normalcy..

as for the marathon.. millions of folks as of last night still without power, food and water .. I believe tonight will not be much better and well by Sunday still thousands will be without..

I saw a commentary in one of the newspapers that instead of using generators for the marathon they could be used better for the areas still without power..

It may take a couple of extra days to get the subways and tunnels pumped out.. then transportation may get back to some normalcy.. OH BTW the gas that is is very short supply being used in those marathon generators could be used for later at night when they need light in areas that are still without power..

Bloomberg an independent sure thing if anyone really believes that is stupid..

there is one thing I learned when in the NAVY I rode out 4+ hurricanes while serving.. YOU DO NOT **** with MOTHER NATURE..

you are never prepared for the wrath she can met out.. no matter how prepared you think you are SHE will **** that over in a heartbeat..

lonestar
11-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Christie is a republican and Bloomberg is an independent. Thanks for making it political from the comfort of hundreds of miles away. Day 5 still no power but I'll try to d out at the rockaways tomorrow (for one thing my favourite surf slot and breezy point is a beautiful neighbourhood).

it has been political from the minute Sandy struck..

as for Bloomberg ahahahahahahahaha independent sure thing..

AS for your weather it is going to turn crappy again with strong winds and cold front coming in..

Just what those folks with out power need..