PDA

View Full Version : We're a RB and LB away from being contenders

fwf
10-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Hillman is not the answer. At least not this year. Hes too small and fragile at this point. He reminds me a lot of Tatum Bell in the fact that hes quick and elusive but not a tackle breaker. Steven Jackson anyone?

The Kentucky lb's are going to eventually get exposed. We need dj or elway needs to bring someone in.

I'm ready to roll at this point with the rest of our guys but those two positions need to be assessed.

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Oh for ****s sake, get this **** out of here. ****ing worthless thread after watching a beat down.

Epimetheus
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Who sh*t in your cereal? Takes reps to get better. Everyone is getting better.

Lycan
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Hillman is not the answer. At least not this year. Hes too small and fragile at this point. He reminds me a lot of Tatum Bell in the fact that hes quick and elusive but not a tackle breaker. Steven Jackson anyone?

The Kentucky lb's are going to eventually get exposed. We need dj or elway needs to bring someone in.

I'm ready to roll at this point with the rest of our guys but those two positions need to be assessed.

Huh? Willis was a beast outside of the fumble. Did you not see him dragging guys ten yards?

And Hillman is quick/fast and seems to have pretty good vision, once he learns to take what he can get they will be a pretty damn good 1-2 combo.

broncocalijohn
10-28-2012, 09:42 PM
If it is to be a Super Bowl contender or not, I don't think the problem lies at RB. Defense will be the problem to get passed those tough teams we lost to earlier this year. I would love a rematch with Atlanta for sure. Good thing is we have 9 weeks to get better on both sides. We are upticking like no other team besides Atlanta. We are in a great position. Let us get some room away from the sloths of the other AFC West teams and we can keep injuries hopefully to a minimal.

YOu can't enjoy this until tomorrow afternoon?

Doggcow
10-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Did you see our D just poop on New Orleans? Their Offense is pretty good...

BroncsCheer

ROFL! at this gem of a post.

DenverBroncosJM

Brilliant.

See you next week with these amazing insights.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Is this **** real?

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Dumbest thread of the season right here folks.

KevinJames
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Hillman is definitely a good change of pace. Our LBs are fine especially when DJ gets back.

Woodyard is having a hell of a year, Danny showed up big in coverage today.

this thread is crazy talk.

fwf
10-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Huh? Willis was a beast outside of the fumble. Did you not see him dragging guys ten yards?

And Hillman is quick/fast and seems to have pretty good vision, once he learns to take what he can get they will be a pretty damn good 1-2 combo.

Nah Willis had WIDE open spaces all night and He still didn't show the burst we saw last season. And you can't ignore the fact he's always subbing himself out. Dude runs hard no doubt. I'm a big Willis fan but he's not a 20 touches guy anymore.

Big ****in win fellas. Not trying to be negative nancy just trying to see if u guys saw what I saw.

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 09:58 PM
DUMBEST.THREAD.OF.THE.YEAR

BroncoMan4ever
10-28-2012, 09:59 PM

Our D and those Kentucky LB just shut down the Saints; one of the most prolific offenses of the last 5 years.
Our running game was in beast mode tonight. Is Hillman ready to be a feature back...no, but he is a good compliment and is getting better with his vision.

Enjoy the win and quit trolling.

enjolras
10-28-2012, 10:00 PM
One really intriguing thing over the last two games:

Nate Irving is finding the field on a more consistent basis. His issue isn't size or speed, it's getting his head around the speed of the game. He's a project, but he is starting to make plays and is being rewarded for it.

I'm not ready to give up on him by any stretch. He might be exactly the player in the middle that they hoped he'd become. Remember, he missed really significant time in college and was likely not even 100% coming into his rookie season.

fwf
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Rewatch the game tomorrow fellas and see how few tackles Hillman broke. Hes no Sproiles. Sorry. Our OL was dominant tonight. That's not going to be the case against Houston In January. Our backs are sub par at this point. That's the truth. It's not like we been world beaters on the ground all season. Do you guys forget **** that easy

jebures
10-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Rewatch the game tomorrow fellas and see how few tackles Hillman broke. Hes no Sproiles. Sorry. Our OL was dominant tonight. That's not going to be the case against Houston In January. Our backs are sub par at this point. That's the truth. It's not like we been world beaters on the ground all season. Do you guys forget **** that easy

dude wtf? booooo this man!

Action
10-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Nah Willis had WIDE open spaces all night and He still didn't show the burst we saw last season. And you can't ignore the fact he's always subbing himself out. Dude runs hard no doubt. I'm a big Willis fan but he's not a 20 touches guy anymore.

Big ****in win fellas. Not trying to be negative nancy just trying to see if u guys saw what I saw.

You must not watch any other football other than the Broncos.

RB's sub themselves out all the time. Even Adrian Peterson.

We don't need a 20 touches guy, but Willis CAN give us 20+ touches if we need it (as he showed tonight). TBH you don't want to give your RB 20+ carries EVERY single game, and we're not even set up to do so.

Willis rushed 23 times for 122 yards and 5.3 ypc... I'm sure any human would have to be subbed out through out the game...oh and 2 receptions.

Broncos ran the ball 41 times for 225 yards 5.5 ypc today...

I'm not sure where you people are bred from, but it's definitely somewhere between mentally retarded to idiotic.

rugbythug
10-28-2012, 10:06 PM

Sproles ran for negative yardage

Action
10-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Nah Willis had WIDE open spaces all night and He still didn't show the burst we saw last season..

Willis showed patience as he always does, the holes where bigger than previously but tonight's run blocking is how ANY team needs to block to have a successful running game, no matter WHO you have back there. But the holes weren't big all night... a lot of his running was physical and McGahee carrying defenders.

Again, you must not watch any team but the Broncos and Sportcenter highlight reels.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 10:08 PM

So basically you want our power back to have more speed and our shifty speed back to have more power? Dumb poster post dumb ****.

Archer81
Good gravy...

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5
Just keep adding to the worst thread of the year, little fella. Makes it that much better. Will watch the game tomorrow and laugh at you more.

Action
10-28-2012, 10:10 PM

sub par? Sub par means they're below average. I'd put our RB corps right in the middle of the NFL right now.

But you know who has been playing sub par?

Steven Jackson.

orange crusher
10-28-2012, 10:11 PM

DJ the savior :spit:

He's been getting exposed for as long as I can remember.

KevinJames
10-28-2012, 10:11 PM

you expect him to break tackles from LBs and DL?

Dude go back and watch his college tape he breaks plenty of tackles from DBs.

Your right hes no sproles he will be a better overall RB, hes closer to McCoy than he is a Sproles.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-28-2012, 10:12 PM
There's some neg Nancy's on this site but this is pretty ridiculous. Our run game isn't the go to punch. It's our passing. But that doesn't matter cause the run game is fine as long as they hold onto the ball. When the passing is as good tonight it opens up lanes and puts defenses on the heels. Even bad run games can be good with an elite QB.

Archer81
10-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Willis has a 100 yard game. Hillman busted off a 40 yard run. Linebackers played a hell of a game helping shut down one of the league's top offenses.

Whatever. Clownshoes.

Powderaddict
10-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Screw that noise. We are contenders right now.

colorado jones
10-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Not sure what game the OP watched...we are contenders right now.

He should probably suck my balls as this thread sucks.

Wes Mantooth
10-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Reincarnated mile high mojoe

baja
10-28-2012, 10:19 PM

You're right in one sense If MaGhee goes down we are in trouble. but Willis was a beast tonight

NFLBRONCO
10-28-2012, 10:19 PM
This team is getting better which I'm really really happy about but, let's stay real. We need more then two players to beat NE. Front 7 help needs three players alone

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I can see the OP right now. Oh man this is totally a great thought. I should go to the OrangeMane right now and post it. They will all see what a great point this is and I will be the conquering hero. I will be the thread that defines the evening. This is going to be so awesome..........

And then it totally backfired. Because it was the lamest post of the night after the team just dominated and the Defense handcuffed a prolific Saints team on offense.

baja
10-28-2012, 10:23 PM
There's some neg Nancy's on this site but this is pretty ridiculous. Our run game isn't the go to punch. It's our passing. But that doesn't matter cause the run game is fine as long as they hold onto the ball. When the passing is as good tonight it opens up lanes and puts defenses on the heels. Even bad run games can be good with an elite QB.

It's interesting that Manning just said the running game opened up passing lanes

Early, all game really, they had no answer for MaGhee

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 10:24 PM
This team is getting better which I'm really really happy about but, let's stay real. We need more then two players to beat NE.

No we have to get SJackson! Its our only hope! Didn't you see him carving up NE today?

fwf
10-28-2012, 10:25 PM
You must not watch any other football other than the Broncos.

RB's sub themselves out all the time. Even Adrian Peterson.

We don't need a 20 touches guy, but Willis CAN give us 20+ touches if we need it (as he showed tonight). TBH you don't want to give your RB 20+ carries EVERY single game, and we're not even set up to do so.

Willis rushed 23 times for 122 yards and 5.3 ypc... I'm sure any human would have to be subbed out through out the game...oh and 2 receptions.

Broncos ran the ball 41 times for 225 yards 5.5 ypc today...

I'm not sure where you people are bred from, but it's definitely somewhere between mentally retarded to idiotic.

Koppen and the boys embarrassed the saints defense tonight. A complete beat down was what took place out there. Go back and look how big the gaps were. Your fat sister could have rushed for 75 and a score. What we need is a hybrid of Willis and Hillman. Hillmans speed with mcgahees toughness

NFLBRONCO
10-28-2012, 10:27 PM
No we have to get SJackson! Its our only hope! Didn't you see him carving up NE today?

LOL

fwf
10-28-2012, 10:29 PM
So basically you want our power back to have more speed and our shifty speed back to have more power? Dumb poster post dumb ****.

Huh? Yes. Exactly.

errand
10-28-2012, 10:30 PM

Evidently we didn't see what you saw.....

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-28-2012, 10:31 PM
As much as i like the run game, I would like to see less running on 3rd down though.

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Koppen and the boys embarrassed the saints defense tonight. A complete beat down was what took place out there. Go back and look how big the gaps were. Your fat sister could have rushed for 75 and a score. What we need is a hybrid of Willis and Hillman. Hillmans speed with mcgahees toughness

Oooops that is a family attack. Feeling the heat of such a dumb thread, are we?

Action
10-28-2012, 10:32 PM

You do realize anytime a running game is working, there will always be big holes?

Do you watch the Redskins? Probably not.

But if you did you would know what big holes really look like.

Oh we need a super physical back that has super speed?

So what you're saying is, we need Adrian Peterson?

Oh, that's completely realistic.

You need to quit.

DENVERDUI55
10-28-2012, 10:34 PM

Your up for worst poster award. Everything you post is awful and I honestly think your a Raider or Queef troll in costume.

Kaylore
10-28-2012, 10:35 PM

Really? Woodyard has made more plays in a few weeks than DJ does in a season.

And when did Hillman become fragile?

baja
10-28-2012, 10:36 PM

Maybe we should dig up Sweetness.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Your up for worst poster award. Everything you post is awful and I honestly think your a Raider or Queef troll in costume.

A rule of thumb I go by is never trust posters that joined in 2011....that means you ;D

extralife
10-28-2012, 10:41 PM
I think you guys are pretty dumb.

I happen to agree that Hillman probably isn't ready, but even if you don't agree you guys are nuts. Do you think the Broncos are going to look at the film this week and be like WHELP GUYS I THINK THAT'S IT WE'RE PRETTY AWESOME LETS PACK IT IN AND JERK EACH OTHER OFF. A week ago most everyone here would have agreed that the LB corps isn't up to snuff.

There is always room for improvement, and improving matters <i>more</i> to good teams, not less. After TDs Peyton brings the offense together to review the drive and go over mistakes. According to you guys that would make him a terrible person, he should probably just sit down and work off the wood.

Archer81
10-28-2012, 10:41 PM

No family smack. Dont care how generalized or weak it is. I'll ban for it, minimum of 3 days.

kdissette
10-28-2012, 10:43 PM
i do agree our RB corp is missing something...i wouldnt mind picking up a bigger back and I would rather add to the DL depth than LB i like our young guys they are hungry and fly all over which is good for this undersized defense.

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 10:46 PM

I happen to agree that Hillman probably isn't ready, but even if you don't agree you guys are nuts. Do you think the Broncos are going to look at the film this week and be like WHELP GUYS I THINK THAT'S IT WE'RE PRETTY AWESOME LETS PACK IT IN AND JERK EACH OTHER OFF. A week ago most everyone here would have agreed that the LB corps isn't up to snuff.

There is always room for improvement, and improving matters more to good teams, not less. After TDs Peyton brings the offense together to review the drive and go over mistakes. According to you guys that would make him a terrible person, he should probably just sit down and work off the wood.

Timing is everything. And bad timing is made worse when it follows a game that was full of domination.

DENVERDUI55
10-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Really? Woodyard has made more plays in a few weeks than DJ does in a season.

And when did Hillman become fragile?

Woodyard has more career INT as DJ. He also has one more career INT than DJ has DUI's.

BroncoMan4ever
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/74GdZs2Ilk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

225 total rushing yards makes you look like a fool. btw, Hillman had 86 rushing yards.

manchambo
10-28-2012, 10:55 PM

The last sentence is perhaps the dumbest, and that's saying something. All we need is the fastest running back in the league who also goes about 230.

What you're describing would easily be the best running back in the league. That would be nice to have, but until we get the next Adrian Peterson, I'm pretty much ok with what we have.

Kaylore
10-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I love how we lead the division with what will likely be one of the easier, if not easiest schedules in the NFL the rest of the way, and yet somehow we're not contenders, apparently.

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 11:06 PM
The last sentence is perhaps the dumbest, and that's saying something.

LOL this seems befitting. For the entire thread:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZpmIBJ_MKas" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 11:09 PM
I love how we lead the division with what will likely be one of the easier, if not easiest schedules in the NFL the rest of the way, and yet somehow we're not contenders, apparently.

Its only a matter of time till we run into a good O and they expose the LBs from Kentucky.

NFLBRONCO
10-28-2012, 11:12 PM

When we can beat NE we are true contenders in AFC. Yes we can give teams problems but, not enough on D to beat NE or Houston on the road YET.

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Its only a matter of time till we run into a good O and they expose the LBs from Kentucky.

You know what they say, If you have LBs from Kentucky you really need another RB to be a contender.

Archer81
10-28-2012, 11:13 PM
If only we had a back who had the power of Jim Brown, speed of Gale Sayers, elusiveness of Barry Sanders, vision of TD and the durability of Walter Payton...

How will we ever win without this key component?

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 11:14 PM
If only we had a back who had the power of Jim Brown, speed of Gale Sayers, elusiveness of Barry Sanders, vision of TD and the durability of Walter Payton...

How will we ever win without this key component?

Totally doable in Madden.

Bacchus
10-28-2012, 11:17 PM

You're 1/2 a brain away from having one.:wave:

SonOfLe-loLang
When we can beat NE we are true contenders in AFC.

Contender doesnt necessarily equal BY FAR BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE ZOMG. I don't know how you can look at our team right now and think we're not one of the AFC contenders.

Archer81
Totally doable in Madden.

Well, since we are asking and stuff.

Bacchus
10-28-2012, 11:18 PM

In other words......Peyton Hillis.

Archer81
10-28-2012, 11:20 PM
In other words......Peyton Hillis.

He reminds me of Ed McCaffrey.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Hill man had 82 yards on 14 carries.

Yeah, he sucks.

baja
10-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Just think this time last year we were knee deep in a 100 page Peyton Hillis thread

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 11:25 PM

Yeah, he sucks.

Its the little known LB from Kentucky effect.

Kaylore
10-28-2012, 11:39 PM

Yeah, he sucks.

He said he was fragile. Not that it makes any more sense...

ZONA
10-28-2012, 11:43 PM
WTF is the poster talking about? Nobody said Hillman is the feature back. Yes, he's too small to be a feature back. He's a change of pace guy and he's really starting to take strides and I love what he did tonight, expect for the fumble. And maybe you didn't notice but McGahee once again piled up tough yards. I hate that he continues to drop the rock as much as the next guy but he's running hard and he's running smart. Alot of times he gets yards when I thought he would be stopped for 1 or 2 and he churns and pushes and next thing you know he's got 4 or 5.

Way too early to be talking contenders, for any team. Injuries can always happen, funny bounces not going your way, all sorts of things. For this team to be 4-3 having played the toughest schedule in the league thus far (and yes, that's a fact), I'll take it. One of the biggest things's I've noticed is that we are definitely cutting back on mental mistakes. Honestly, IMO, those are the reasons we lost at least 2 of the games we did. If we played Atlanta again right now, I like our chances. If we played the Pats in Denver, uh toss up. Same with Houston.

baja
10-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Not to piss on the bitching and moaning but...

We have the Number 3 offense and the number 8 defense.

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Not to piss on the b****ing and moaning but...

We have the Number 3 offense and the number 8 defense.

And if you go by ESPN QBR rankings (way more accurate than passer rating if you ask me) the number 1 QB

Rock Chalk
10-29-2012, 12:02 AM
DVOA says we have the 4th best offense and 6th best defense and that was before tonight's game.

Offensive numbers wont climb as they are opponent adjusted and NO's defense is miserable, but our defensive DVOA should go up.

lonestar
10-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Hillman is definitely a good change of pace. Our LBs are fine especially when DJ gets back.

Woodyard is having a hell of a year, Danny showed up big in coverage today.

this thread is crazy talk.

What is dj gonna do to improve what we have? Other than backup, if they even keep his dumb ass..

He is not going beat out WW or Von.
He is not smart enough to play Mike. beside Brookings is playing well and called a damned fine game the past few games he has been in.

Danny T looks like a keeper.

So what can he do to improve this team, other than perhaps bring the real LBs water when they come to the sideline.

For the five mil he was suppose to make this year we have Brookings, WW, and DT with change to spare.

Now at the end of the year we will have to find a MIKE for the future but that is not DJ.

BroncoDoom
10-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Not worried... I think both positions are a strength and judging by the response it seems no one "saw what you were seeing" either

baja
10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Contender doesnt necessarily equal BY FAR BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE ZOMG. I don't know how you can look at our team right now and think we're not one of the AFC contenders.

Exactly. Heck we even played Atlanta and Houston pretty tough when we were still learning how to play together. The team is light years better that those early games. To say we are not in the mix for an AFC SB berth is silly

LRtagger
10-29-2012, 08:32 AM

There is always room for improvement, and improving matters <i>more</i> to good teams, not less. After TDs Peyton brings the offense together to review the drive and go over mistakes. According to you guys that would make him a terrible person, he should probably just sit down and work off the wood.

Yes because going over film and correcting mistakes is the same as trading for a bunch of new players mid season just when the team is starting to click.

NFLBRONCO
10-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Exactly. Heck we even played Atlanta and Houston pretty tough when we were still learning how to play together. The team is light years better that those early games. To say we are not in the mix for an AFC SB berth is silly

I agree with this but, I still think physical teams and the way NE plays exposes our weaknesses on our D the most.

Ok we are contender that could give team problems

A true contender though actually can beat every team in your conference home or away. We have made huge strides but, we need to prove we can beat the top tier teams so far we haven't. No mulligans in football.

Saying this I'm still thrilled how we are getting better and better its fun to watch. I wish we could start season over to see how we would do against NE ATL HOU now that we have gotten more reps with O. We are better on offense now.

fwf
11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
We just saw what happens when the opposing defense stacks the middle knowing our RB lacks the speed to hit the edge.

I'm not a huge Hillman fan, but the coaches have to show different looks and not just run the god damn power every time. We cant throw a sweep or reverse in there?

Teams will watch this tape and know what they have to do. This will be our downfall if Hillman cant effectively spell McGahee. Willis is no longer a 20 carry back.

Its looking like that 3rd rounder for DeAngelo Williams was the right move. This is on Elway for not giving our 31 yr old back a better backup.

Im still not sold on Wesley either, but i'm getting there. Sick performance today by our defense. Props to Doom,Wolfe and the D-line for sure.

cmhargrove
11-04-2012, 05:53 PM
We just saw what happens when the opposing defense stacks the middle knowing our RB lacks the speed to hit the edge.

I'm not a huge Hillman fan, but the coaches have to show different looks and not just run the god damn power every time. We cant throw a sweep or reverse in there?

Teams will watch this tape and know what they have to do. This will be our downfall if Hillman cant effectively spell McGahee. Willis is no longer a 20 carry back.

Its looking like that 3rd rounder for DeAngelo Williams was the right move. This is on Elway for not giving our 31 yr old back a better backup.

Im still not sold on Wesley either, but i'm getting there. Sick performance today by our defense. Props to Doom,Wolfe and the D-line for sure.

I don't know why everyone just assumes that because Hillman is "fast" that he can't run between the tackles. When I watched his highlights (after we drafted him), I was pretty surprised how much of his game was between the Tackles. He's a rookie, he's learning. I think he is coming along at the right time in the season to start making a difference.

I think he needs more carries before we even know what type of player he is.

Lev Vyvanse
11-04-2012, 05:58 PM

Is someone going to flush this turd?

fwf
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I think he needs more carries before we even know what type of player he is.

Thats fair, but going by how little we saw Hillman today, id say the coaches werent that impressed with what he did last week in his first real audition. He needs to run harder

enjolras
11-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Thats fair, but going by how little we saw Hillman today, id say the coaches werent that impressed with what he did last week in his first real audition. He needs to run harder

I have absolutely no idea how you can reach that conclusion.

This was a strong front that runs out of a lot of different looks and generates a lot of pressure. Remember Hillman essentially missed all of training camp. I think they were worried about him in protection.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-04-2012, 06:10 PM
So our RB lacks the speed to hit the edge, and you're calling for sweeps?

swaiy
11-04-2012, 06:11 PM
There are two things the Bengals are good at. Throwing the ball to Green no matter who is on him and stopping the run. Their DL is stout at stuffing the run so I dont know how people expected to run over them. All that matters is when yards were needed on critical runs, they got them.

Also, I thought Hillman looked good making that 1st down catch.

DBroncos4life
11-04-2012, 06:12 PM
So our RB lacks the speed to hit the edge, and you're calling for sweeps?

Its another look at me post trying to get attention.

Cito Pelon
11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Eh, Hillman is nothing special, not real impressive overall. Dude is about the size of Eddie Royal. He'll make some plays here and there but he has a long way to go to be an impact player.

baja
11-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Eh, Hillman is nothing special, not real impressive overall. Dude is about the size of Eddie Royal. He'll make some plays here and there but he has a long way to go to be an impact player.

You expect IMPACT in the third round?

OrangeSe7en
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I share a similar concern but I don't feel like it's an issue to the same degree as it was last year. This year, Manning can win games by passing. This, in theory, can lighten the load. It's not ideal because being balanced would be ideal. But relying on McGahee early has allowed Manning to get his legs under him after a long time out with his health problems. Manning seems to be progressing, although Id also be worried about over relying on Manning...just not as much as I was early in the season.

fwf
11-04-2012, 06:41 PM

Yeah your right dude, our running game is fine. Willis is better then ever.
You're probably the guy that avoids the hurricane warnings and has to get rescued off your roof.
Our backs are sub par. There's really no denying it.

fwf
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM

And what do you want me to post? Just yay team! Go broncos. We're here to discuss

theAPAOps5
11-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Wow you really just bumped your abortion of a thread. SMH

baja
11-04-2012, 06:44 PM
You're probably the guy that avoids the hurricane warnings and has to get rescued off your roof.

SUb par???

Dude you are either a troll or full of Shiit. My vote is troll.

Over worked yes not sub par

Now go jump in the lake.......

Lev Vyvanse
11-04-2012, 07:03 PM

McGahee is working on his second 1,000 yard season while averaging more than 4 1/2 yards a carry.

DBroncos4life
11-04-2012, 07:05 PM
And what do you want me to post? Just yay team! Go broncos. We're here to discuss

I want you to gt banned, comeback like the biggest baby in OM history and troll the board..

fwf
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
SUb par???

Dude you are either a troll or full of Shiit. My vote is troll.

Over worked yes not sub par

Now go jump in the lake.......

There are about 20 other backfields I'd rather have them ours. That makes Willis and Hillman subpar partner

Hamrob
11-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I like Magahee...but, I too think our depth at RB is weak. It only works if we are using the pass to set up the run. Otherwise, we are in trouble.

I'm a Wolfe fan here....but, wouldn't have b****ed if we would have taken Martin. I know there were a few of us that were lobby for him!

Personally, I think we could have gotten Wolfe where we took Osweiler...and Osweiler where we took Hillman.

The difference would have been Martin over Hillman.

baja
11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
There are about 20 other backfields I'd rather have them ours. That makes Willis and Hillman subpar partner

Really?

Name them.

baja
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I like Magahee...but, I too think our depth at RB is weak. It only works if we are using the pass to set up the run. Otherwise, we are in trouble.

I'm a Wolfe fan here....but, wouldn't have b****ed if we would have taken Martin. I know there were a few of us that were lobby for him!

Personally, I think we could have gotten Wolfe where we took Osweiler...and Osweiler where we took Hillman.

The difference would have been Martin over Hillman.

Man that would have been sweet!

Hamrob
11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Man that would have been sweet!Yeah, "If if's were fifth's we'd all be drunk" but, I think it could have happened that way. Only if we weren't in love with Osweiler. I do think Wolfe would have been there later in the 2nd.

Bigdawg26
11-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Dude the ravens said they were going to draft Wolfe if we didn't with their second round pick.

Action
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
I'd like to add that, when we get a good MLB, we can add the Tampa Cover 2 coverage to our scheme, which I think would be very beneficial against hurry up offenses/situations.

lonestar
11-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah, "If if's were fifth's we'd all be drunk" but, I think it could have happened that way. Only if we weren't in love with Osweiler. I do think Wolfe would have been there later in the 2nd.

In a couple of years after learning from the master I suspect you also will be in love with Brock.

Agamemnon
11-04-2012, 10:35 PM
In a couple of years after learning from the master I suspect you also will be in love with Brock.

Based on what exactly?

lonestar
11-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Based on what exactly?

Him being our FQB.

Did not think you were that dense.

SportinOne
11-05-2012, 02:38 AM
McGahee and Hilman are not sub par. I watched the seahawks/vikings game today.. Lynch is incredible and Peterson is on a level of his own, but you can't compare our backs to guys like that.. Lynch and Peterson are not the par they are the exception. Our guys may not be too far about average but they are at least average.

Bacchus
11-05-2012, 11:56 AM
McGahee and Hilman are not sub par. I watched the seahawks/vikings game today.. Lynch is incredible and Peterson is on a level of his own, but you can't compare our backs to guys like that.. Lynch and Peterson are not the par they are the exception. Our guys may not be too far about average but they are at least average.

McGahee is above average and Hillman is below average. thus they are average I guess. I would love to see Jerimiah Johnson in this offense. To me he seems much fast than Hillman.

Agamemnon
11-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Him being our FQB.

Did not think you were that dense.

Because this franchise has such a great history with those...

Agamemnon
11-05-2012, 04:35 PM
McGahee is above average and Hillman is below average. thus they are average I guess. I would love to see Jerimiah Johnson in this offense. To me he seems much fast than Hillman.

32 carries for 140 yards in his career so far and you already have him pegged as below average eh? You're kind of special...

Hamrob
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Dude the ravens said they were going to draft Wolfe if we didn't with their second round pick.

Yeah...that's what was leaked by the Broncos. :spit:

theAPAOps5
11-05-2012, 09:01 PM

No way is JJ faster than Hillman. And it is way to early to say he is below average.

razorwire77
11-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm surprised at the Hillman hate. Is he the next Eric Dickerson? No. But, the sample size with the kid is small and yet he's been able to make some plays and flash some potential when given an opportunity. He looks pretty damn fast in space to me. He's been able to catch an edge and break a couple of long runs, he's a pretty willing blocker for being a small back. Yesterday, he had a nice short grab from Manning for a 3rd down conversion and one carry for 4 yards. 32 carries for 140 yards, 4.4 avg, I mean he the youngest player in the league. Maybe give him a full year, before we give him the below average label.

Although next year it would be nice to get a young feature back to replace Willis.

lonestar
11-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm surprised at the Hillman hate. Is he the next Eric Dickerson? No. But, the sample size with the kid is small and yet he's been able to make some plays and flash some potential when given an opportunity. He looks pretty damn fast in space to me. He's been able to catch an edge and break a couple of long runs, he's a pretty willing blocker for being a small back. Yesterday, he had a nice short grab from Manning for a 3rd down conversion and one carry for 4 yards. 32 carries for 140 yards, 4.4 avg, I mean he the youngest player in the league. Maybe give him a full year, before we give him the below average label.

Although next year it would be nice to get a young feature back to replace Willis.

considering all the tater love here in the past it sounds silly to me..he is only shorter than tater was..

I suspect he is faster also.. anyone expecting either to be feature backs is not the brightest blub in the room..

you are correct they need another Biggie 235+ back to tote the rock 20+ times a game down the road when Mc Gahee retires or to spell him the next few years....

If you saw teh game tonight having a bunch of guys to carry the ball is a HUGE plus..

razorwire77
11-05-2012, 10:43 PM
considering all the tater love here in the past it sounds silly to me..he is only shorter than tater was..

I suspect he is faster also.. anyone expecting either to be feature backs is not the brightest blub in the room..

you are correct they need another Biggie 235+ back to tote the rock 20+ times a game down the road when Mc Gahee retires or to spell him the next few years....

If you saw teh game tonight having a bunch of guys to carry the ball is a HUGE plus..

I'd take Tatum Bell on this team right now over Ball and Moreno.

baja
11-05-2012, 10:46 PM

I don't usually advocate using a first round pick on a RB but boy I wish we had stayed where we were and taken Martin. That kid is going to be unstoppable.

NFLBRONCO
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM
MLB G DT are top needs

2nd tier: RB WR #1 CB

lonestar
11-05-2012, 11:00 PM

Then your LOVING in the past. Tater was a loser.

baja
11-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Then your LOVING in the past. Tater was a loser.

Maybe he's angling for a deal on a new cell phone

lonestar
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Maybe he's angling for a deal on a new cell phone

Or a set of luggage. ROFL!ROFL!

Bacchus
11-06-2012, 04:50 AM
I don't usually advocate using a first round pick on a RB but boy I wish we had stayed where we were and taken Martin. That kid is going to be unstoppable.

Hindsight is 20/20. He could have easily been Moreno 2.0

Bacchus
11-06-2012, 04:52 AM

They should give Jeremiah Johnson a chance. I think he is more explosive than Hillman.

KevinJames
11-06-2012, 06:11 AM
I don't get the hate on Hillman. Not even 40 carries and people call him below average wtf.....

Hes the youngest player in the NFL, hes going to get better each game. He broke Marshall Faulk's college record and John Fox & even Faulk himself compared him to Faulk. So they obviously see some real all star potential in him.

You can already start to see flashes of his potential. Hes not slow, you can't reverse the field (like you seen him do on that run) unless you have speed and explosion he has both you will see this shine more when he gets more carries.

The kid is going shut people up before the end of the year though I am pretty confidant in that.

Bacchus
11-06-2012, 06:35 AM
I don't get the hate on Hillman. Not even 40 carries and people call him below average wtf.....

Hes the youngest player in the NFL, hes going to get better each game. He broke Marshall Faulk's college record and John Fox & even Faulk himself compared him to Faulk. So they obviously see some real all star potential in him.

You can already start to see flashes of his potential. Hes not slow, you can't reverse the field (like you seen him do on that run) unless you have speed and explosion he has both you will see this shine more when he gets more carries.

The kid is going shut people up before the end of the year though I am pretty confidant in that.

At this point in his career Hillman is below average, no hate.

fwf
11-06-2012, 07:04 AM
No way is JJ faster than Hillman. And it is way to early to say he is below average.

I think it's fair to say that today, at this stage, just going off the tape Hillman is below avg. Not that he won't get better, he will, but right now our options, inccluding Willis are below avg

Beantown Bronco
11-06-2012, 07:13 AM

Hes the youngest player in the NFL, hes going to get better each game.

The "below average" talk is certainly no worse than your bolded part, which I've seen from more than one person around here. People constantly state it as fact, but it couldn't be any further from that. There is absolutely no such thing as a guarantee that anyone will get better each game.

TheChamp24
11-06-2012, 07:57 AM
At this point in his career Hillman is below average, no hate.

Half a season in his NFL career, being a backup RB who has just recently moved up to #2 on the depth chart.
He's averaging over 4 yards a carry, and he's below average.

Holy crap dude. Seriously, holy crap.

baja
11-06-2012, 08:17 AM

Me too.

fwf
11-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Half a season in his NFL career, being a backup RB who has just recently moved up to #2 on the depth chart.
He's averaging over 4 yards a carry, and he's below average.

Holy crap dude. Seriously, holy crap.

I dont give a care what Hillman's about to do next season or down the line. We're trying to win a big road game next week and this guy cant really be counted on to help us do that.
Peyton is seriously one brutal, neck breaking tackle away from being done.
I want to win now.

razorwire77
11-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Good take. The main reason we don't see him more has nothing to do with ability. I think he's still struggling with the offense. Manning basically tells him exactly what to do every time he's in the game.

fdf
11-06-2012, 03:28 PM

As long as we're wishing, I'd like our RB to weigh 450 lb and run a 4.0 40.

fwf
11-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Look. we could do so much better. Mcgahee is a decent 3rd down back at this point. If you're slow and have fumble issues u need to be replaced.

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Yet we are kicking the **** out of a team. Stop with the stupid bumps of your **** stain thread.

fwf
11-11-2012, 01:59 PM
You're right. Go Willis. MVP.

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 02:07 PM
You are really a dumb human being, aren't you?

fwf
11-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I cheer with my pals and I come to the main to bitch. I've been saying it for A while that Willis is subpar and I just wanted to come and Prove to bags like yOu who support this guy. He's a millionaire. I think we have the right to criticize. We should have brought in sOmeone at the deadline. Say what I want. But it's the truth. You lose.

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 02:37 PM
I cheer with my pals and I come to the main to b****. I've been saying it for A while that Willis is subpar and I just wanted to come and Prove to bags like yOu who support this guy. He's a millionaire. I think we have the right to criticize. We should have brought in sOmeone at the deadline. Say what I want. But it's the truth. You lose.

LOL all you had to do was say the first sentence! We are cool, I get it now!

I don't support him, I just think your post is dumb when we are destroying teams. We are contenders. We may very well need to upgrade RB, but it isn't holding us back yet!

razorwire77
11-11-2012, 02:48 PM
With the 32nd overall pick in the 2013 draft, the Denver Broncos select Le'veon Bell, Michigan St.

Kaylore
11-11-2012, 02:51 PM
It's too bad we have a two game lead on the division and still aren't contenders. Not without that extra back and linebacker. If only...

R8R H8R
11-11-2012, 02:57 PM

I don't support him, I just think your post is dumb when we are destroying teams. We are contenders. We may very well need to upgrade RB, but it isn't holding us back yet!

His post is dumb because the alternative is Lance Ball and Moreno. The trade deadline passed and there is no one on the waiver wire worth looking at, yet some of these guys act like picking up quality players is as easy as going down to the local AutoZone and getting a pack of spark plugs.

R8R H8R
11-11-2012, 02:59 PM
With the 32nd overall pick in the 2013 draft, the Denver Broncos select Le'veon Bell, Michigan St.

Nice! I like it.

BroncoFanDoug
11-11-2012, 03:05 PM
I agree that it is silly not to consider us an title contender - we are well positioned to win the division and have a very valid chance to get a first round bye.

Having said all that, I think there are legitimate concerns re WM. He is a solid grind-it-out back and he is solid in blocking and receiving. I love his attitude, toughness and hard work. But he is not a break-away threat, and dang it - all those fumbles.

Ask yourself what is our weakest O position. If Kuper comes back you could make the argument that it is at running back.

R8R H8R
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
I agree that it is silly not to consider us an title contender - we are well positioned to win the division and have a very valid chance to get a first round bye.

Having said all that, I think there are legitimate concerns re WM. He is a solid grind-it-out back and he is solid in blocking and receiving. I love his attitude, toughness and hard work. But he is not a break-away threat, and dang it - all those fumbles.

Ask yourself what is our weakest O position. If Kuper comes back you could make the argument that it is at running back.

If we were still running the Tebow offense, then this would be a huge issue, but we aren't. Therefore, we don't need AP at RB, we just need MCGahee to hold on to the damn ball!

I've got to think that Studesville is going to give Moreno or Lance Ball more reps this week in practice to send a message and light a fire under McGahee.

fwf
11-11-2012, 03:42 PM

2 fumbles is not holding us back??

You want to rethink that?