PDA

View Full Version : Could Alabama beat the Chiefs?

ZONA
10-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't know if this is so much a dig on the pathetic chiefs as it is a praise for how good Alabama looks this year. I have friends that say Oregon would make quick business out of them but I highly doubt that. Bama is just so solid all the way around. I honestly think they could beat the Chiefs.

:strong:

Garcia Bronco
10-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Hell no

Agamemnon
10-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Not only would they beat them, I'm pretty sure it would be a butt-whooping.

Alabama is more talented and better coached than a lot of NFL teams in all honesty.

Ronnie Tsunami
10-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Anybody who thinks any college team has any shot of coming close to an nfl team is insane, no matter how much they hate the rival team. ALL nfl teams are composed of the BEST college players of their respective draft classes, with significant NFL training.

http://buffalowdown.com/2012/06/28/stupid-football-arguments-the-best-college-team-vs-the-worst-nfl-team/

rmsanger
10-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Charles and Hillis would run over that Bama D like they were playing in HS.

GreatBronco16
10-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Anybody who thinks any college team has any shot of coming close to an nfl team is insane, no matter how much they hate the rival team. ALL nfl teams are composed of the BEST college players of their respective draft classes, with significant NFL training.

http://buffalowdown.com/2012/06/28/stupid-football-arguments-the-best-college-team-vs-the-worst-nfl-team/

Guess I'm insane. Bama would roll all over the queefs.:strong:

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Charles and Hillis would run over that Bama D like they were playing in HS.

Hillis couldn't run over McDs wife.

enjolras
10-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Voted yes, not because I believe it...but it's just fun to kick the Chiefs while they're down.

Turd_Ferguson
10-28-2012, 08:39 PM
NFL is a whole new level... Look at some of the college greats that flopped in the NFL... Brady Quinn, J Russel, Tim Couch, Charles Rodgers, Knowshon Moreno, Courtney Brown. These guys all first rounders that probably won countless college awards. Chiefs suck balls, but don't kid yourself their worst player would probably be All Conference with Bama.

bombay
10-28-2012, 08:42 PM
ridiculous

Bronco Boy
10-28-2012, 08:50 PM
NFL is a whole new level... Look at some of the college greats that flopped in the NFL... Brady Quinn, J Russel, Tim Couch, Charles Rodgers, Knowshon Moreno, Courtney Brown. These guys all first rounders that probably won countless college awards. Chiefs suck balls, but don't kid yourself their worst player would probably be All Conference with Bama.

Cassell would be All Conference if he was playing for Bama? I'll have some of that schizz you're smoking!

broncosteven
10-28-2012, 09:17 PM

You forget that KFC is coached by Romeo and they turn the ball over on bad snaps, punts, INTs.

Don't underestimate the suckage that is KFC!

Agamemnon
10-28-2012, 09:29 PM

People really make way too much out of this. Just look at tonight's game: Colston, Tony Carter, Chris Harris--all kinds of unexceptional college players out there.

Agamemnon
10-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Cassell would be All Conference if he was playing for Bama? I'll have some of that schizz you're smoking!

Exactly. Dude didn't even start in college.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
The Pop Warner team that practices down the street could beat the McChiefs.

Bronco Boy
10-28-2012, 09:33 PM
People really make way too much out of this. Just look at tonight's game: Colston, Tony Carter, Chris Harris--all kinds of unexceptional college players out there.

What's your point? Look at Manning, Miller, Demaryous, Clady, etc.

enjolras
10-28-2012, 09:35 PM

That doesn't mean they weren't really good college players. It's about opportunity and being put in positions to succeed. You'll never convince me that in another situation Chris Harris isn't a first-rounder, cause he would be.

Agamemnon
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
What's your point? Look at Manning, Miller, Demaryous, Clady, etc.

My point is that the talent gap between the NFL and a team like Alabama isn't very large. In fact, most if not all of their starters will eventually end up sticking on NFL rosters.

Tim
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Easily yes if the game was in Alabama if its at arrowhead I'd give the queefs a 3 point favorite

errand
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Not only would they beat them, I'm pretty sure it would be a butt-whooping.

Alabama is more talented and better coached than a lot of NFL teams in all honesty.

The only good Tide comes in a box....

http://http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2240240.jpg

Rohirrim
10-28-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm looking for the third party vote on this one.

Turd_Ferguson
10-28-2012, 09:46 PM

Brady Quinn plays for the Chiefs. He was a first round pick and the starter at Notre Dame.

Following the 2006 season, Quinn won several awards, including the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award[12] for the best college quarterback in the nation and the Maxwell Award[13] for the best college football player. Quinn finished third in the Heisman Trophy balloting behind Troy Smith and Darren McFadden.[14] He was named the Cingular All-America Player of the Year[15] and was named to the 2006 AP All-America Team as a second-team quarterback.

From Wikipedia... Does AJ McCarron have that resume? Does he have 5 years of NFL coaching? How did Nick Saban do in the NFL? How has Quinn done in the NFL compared to his above resume from college? Oh he is just a fluke right?? Like Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, J Russel, Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart??

TheChamp24
10-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Alabama would be 20 favorites, and would win by 44.

Natedog24
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
This thread is embarrassing :oyvey:

Kaylore
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
With Nick Saban coaching? In Alabama? Absolutely.

Lestat
10-28-2012, 10:55 PM

Bama has more NFL talent on their first string than the Chiefs entire team. then there is the quality of coaching to consider. they would get rolled hard.

DHallblows
10-28-2012, 11:22 PM

This needs to be reiterated.

I understand our hatred of the Chiefs and the idea of them getting rolled over by a college team is hilarious. But at the end of the day it would be grown ass men beating a group of kids by multiple TDs.

ZONA
10-28-2012, 11:28 PM

Yeah, you bring up a very good point. It's not all about players, as most people who have replied suggest. Coaching is a huge factor and I think Saban and his crew have these guys playing at a very high level, with very few mistakes. I also agree that some other poster mentioned, alot of guys on this team will be playing Sunday. Not just the ones who come out this year, or the ones who came out the year before, but next year and so on. Plus, we all know many players who did get drafted aren't always such great players. I agree without a doubt that the talent level gap in college and pro's is big, but not so big when it comes to this Alabama program of late.

sgbfan
10-29-2012, 01:28 AM
I would like to see how many players from Alabama 3 years ago are in the NFL now. Look at USC when they had Malauga, Mathews, and Cushings. That is a dang good NFL LB core.
Alabama has had about 10 players drafted in the first round in the last 3 years. I think the lack of NFL experience is made up for by the difference in coaching and Alabama has a pretty good chance.

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 01:23 PM
This needs to be reiterated.

I understand our hatred of the Chiefs and the idea of them getting rolled over by a college team is hilarious. But at the end of the day it would be grown ass men beating a group of kids by multiple TDs.

Why? Division I football is a whole other level than Division I-AA, but great Division I-AA teams have beaten bad Division I teams many times. In the end a great Division I football team can beat a bad NFL team. There's no doubt about it as far as I'm concerned.

And I'm sorry, but Alabama's team is loaded with "grown ass men". Their NT is 6'4", 320 lbs, and just benched 600 pounds reportedly. Very few NFL players can match that.

Smiling Assassin27
10-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Hell no

that about sums it up.

Beantown Bronco
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Alabama, for as good as they are, have at least 2 or 3 guys on either side of the ball that will never play a snap in the NFL. In other words, they're not as good as the worst KC players. They'd get exposed easily.

HorseHead
10-30-2012, 01:36 PM
No...

I know it's fun to take a collective dump on the Chefs, but be careful, don't let two wins fool ya too much...

Ways to go..

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 01:41 PM
You people have this myth in your head regarding the difference in the level of competition between the NCAA and the NFL, but we are talking about the best college team in the country versus arguably the worst team in the NFL. Even if you really believe they have more talent (something I question), Saban >>>>>> Crennel. Period.

TheReverend
10-30-2012, 01:44 PM

I think so too. They have the coaching advantage, a fan base that loves them, and quite possibly more talent.

People throw the flag about how talented NFL players are being the best of the best, and that's absolutely true... but SOMETIMES a college team is just off the books stacked. A few years ago, USC's LB corps was Rey, Cushing and Matthews... that could compete with the best in NFL history and there certainly aren't better in the NFL itself right now...

TheReverend
10-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Alabama, for as good as they are, have at least 2 or 3 guys on either side of the ball that will never play a snap in the NFL. In other words, they're not as good as the worst KC players. They'd get exposed easily.

We've had that issue on the DL for the majority of a decade and we got by Ha!

BroncoBuff
10-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Alabama's 2009 team, definitely ... this year I'd call a Pick'em.

I'm not joking about the '09 team either, chefs have no heart.

FearLanier
10-30-2012, 01:47 PM
No. Their team isn't even as good as last years team.

Their QB is a game manager who isn't really anything special.

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 01:55 PM
I think so too. They have the coaching advantage, a fan base that loves them, and quite possibly more talent.

People throw the flag about how talented NFL players are being the best of the best, and that's absolutely true... but SOMETIMES a college team is just off the books stacked. A few years ago, USC's LB corps was Rey, Cushing and Matthews... that could compete with the best in NFL history and there certainly aren't better in the NFL itself right now...

Exactly. And it's not like we are saying the CU Buffs could beat the Chiefs. We are saying the best college team in the country could beat the Chiefs.

BroncoBuff
10-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Alabama, for as good as they are, have at least 2 or 3 guys on either side of the ball that will never play a snap in the NFL.

That's not a negative, that's amazing ... and not the best argument for KC.

Appalachian State beat Michigan, the talent gap was greater between those teams than Alabama vs chefs. But them hillbillies played harder, wanted it more., and that counts for a lot - especially against the no-heart chefs. Extreme example, but illustrates the point. Alabama would be sky-high to play KC ... the chefs not so much.

Anikai
10-30-2012, 02:13 PM
I bet the Orgeon Ducks could beat KFC

Irish Stout
10-30-2012, 02:21 PM
That question is just ridiculous and the answer is absolutely not. But the Kansas State Wildcats would absolutely crush their professional football neighbors an hour and a half down the road.

TheReverend
10-30-2012, 02:26 PM
No. Their team isn't even as good as last years team.

Their QB is a game manager who isn't really anything special.

That awkward moment when you realize your statements apply to both teams.

cutthemdown
10-30-2012, 04:13 PM
So many yes votes shows how far the boards football acumen has fallen. When i got here originally it was a lot higher. There are maybe what? 10 players on the Tide that will make the NFL. Probably 3-5 high draft picks at that?

Sorry but all the guys on the Chiefs were studs in college. Sure the tide has a good looking oline, they are big, but eventually the fact a pro team has 45 guys who are pro players would swamp the college team. Eventually blitz packages would fool the protection and the college QB would be running for his life. On the other side the defenses in college have never seen the talent on one team that a nfl squad has.

Dwane Bowe, Charles, would tear up a college team etc etc. Not because there isn't some great players on Alabama. Its just there is only about 3-4 great players on the defense. The fact they have 6-7 players who wont make pros glares at a real football fan. Those players would be getting dominated.

cutthemdown
10-30-2012, 04:18 PM
My point is that the talent gap between the NFL and a team like Alabama isn't very large. In fact, most if not all of their starters will eventually end up sticking on NFL rosters.

Most if not all? Sorry but that isn't true. They may have 4-5 players on each side of the ball that make a pro team. And thats being really fair. I could easily say only 3 players on each side of the ball become full time NFL starters. Most importantly though the QB will not be. Most important position.

Any NFL fans thinking that Alabama could hang with any nfl team is just way off the mark.

Going to laugh when the Chiefs play us tough in arrowhead like they always do.

BroncoBeavis
10-30-2012, 04:25 PM
That awkward moment when you realize your statements apply to both teams.

Thats what I thought when I read that :)

But it's important to note the poll says "could" not "would" (For those in disbelief)

Tombstone RJ
10-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Here's the thing: If the 'bama team dressed up as lets say, the buffalo bills and were brought out onto the field as an opposing NFL team coached by Saban, there is a distinct possibility they could beat the KFC chefs.

But if in some other dream world, you actually put this bama team on the same field with this chef's team, pride alone would dictate that KFC would pretty much knock 'bama around.

It's all mental. If KFC really has nothing to play for, sure, they could lose. However if these two teams met each other on the field and were playing for bragging rights, KFC would win.

Br0nc0Buster
10-30-2012, 04:28 PM
How can someone seriously vote yes?

KC is an absolute joke of an NFL team
But they would stomp Alabama if they actually played head to head

BroncoBeavis
10-30-2012, 04:29 PM
That's not a negative, that's amazing ... and not the best argument for KC.

Appalachian State beat Michigan, the talent gap was greater between those teams than Alabama vs chefs. But them hillbillies played harder, wanted it more., and that counts for a lot - especially against the no-heart chefs. Extreme example, but illustrates the point. Alabama would be sky-high to play KC ... the chefs not so much.

New NFL rule. You have to beat the BCS champs in order to qualify for a #1 draft pick in the spring. Do it Roger. Screw the Pro Bowl.

broncosteven
10-30-2012, 05:31 PM

At that point kFc would turn it over to them 3 times and find they are down 21 and watch their fans stream out of the stadium.

Houshyamama
10-30-2012, 06:08 PM
If you voted yes, and not sarcastically or because you just hate the Chiefs that much, you lack a fundamental understanding of the gap in talent/training between college and the pros.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 06:11 PM
How can someone seriously vote yes?

KC is an absolute joke of an NFL team
But they would stomp Alabama if they actually played head to head

Because we have watched them play. There is a reason why they haven't lead a game during during regulation.

Houshyamama
10-30-2012, 06:12 PM

Like the above linked article pointed out, Saban couldn't even win in the NFL WITH NFL PLAYERS.

It would be a blood bath, an absolute humiliation.

The Chiefs would win by 70.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-30-2012, 06:15 PM
How many players from that Alabama team will be in the NFL? I dont know that all 53 of the cheifs would find a new team if they were cut, but my best guess is there'd be a lot more of them picked up than the 10-15 (if that many) alabama guys who will be drafted next year.

Houshyamama
10-30-2012, 06:18 PM
How many players from that Alabama team will be in the NFL? I dont know that all 53 of the cheifs would find a new team if they were cut, but my best guess is there'd be a lot more of them picked up than the 10-15 (if that many) alabama guys who will be drafted next year.

Not to mention those drafted next year are essentially just kids, younger than rookies. After getting drafted, players turn into full grown men and the difference in strength is ludicrous. I can't believe this is even being discussed.

broncosteven
10-30-2012, 06:20 PM

I don't think all 53 guys would find a new team, look at the garbage from both Shanny and mCd's tenures that didn't.

I agree there is a huge talent gap between the 2 but the way kFc shoots itself in it's foot week in and week out they would be out coached and find a way to lose.

The fact that KFC hasn't held a lead in regulation this year and is setting records for turnover differential doesn't help convince me they could beat a good college team.

Houshyamama
10-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Chatfield High School has a better chance of beating CU than Alabama has of beating the Chiefs.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't think all 53 guys would find a new team, look at the garbage from both Shanny and mCd's tenures that didn't.

I agree there is a huge talent gap between the 2 but the way kFc shoots itself in it's foot week in and week out they would be out coached and find a way to lose.

The fact that KFC hasn't held a lead in regulation this year and is setting records for turnover differential doesn't help convince me they could beat a good college team.

I can't imagine the talent gap between KC/ Alabama any higher then Appalachian State and Michigan.

broncosteven
10-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I can't imagine the talent gap between KC/ Alabama any higher then Appalachian State and Michigan.

If the Chef's did play bama they would probably use 2 QB's and both would turn the ball over, Charles would fumble and they would muff a punt.

Charles might get more than 5 carries and have more than 4 yards rushing though.

RedskinBronco
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Nah, NFL team still wins but the chefs would sweat it out because they are gutless and it would be closer than it should be.

sgbfan
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
So many yes votes shows how far the boards football acumen has fallen. When i got here originally it was a lot higher. There are maybe what? 10 players on the Tide that will make the NFL. Probably 3-5 high draft picks at that?

Sorry but all the guys on the Chiefs were studs in college. Sure the tide has a good looking oline, they are big, but eventually the fact a pro team has 45 guys who are pro players would swamp the college team. Eventually blitz packages would fool the protection and the college QB would be running for his life. On the other side the defenses in college have never seen the talent on one team that a nfl squad has.

Dwane Bowe, Charles, would tear up a college team etc etc. Not because there isn't some great players on Alabama. Its just there is only about 3-4 great players on the defense. The fact they have 6-7 players who wont make pros glares at a real football fan. Those players would be getting dominated.

Try that per year the last few years. (maybe not 10, but with UDFA, its probably close)

ZONA
10-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Maybe by end of December there will be some more supporting the view that Bama could beat the Chiefs. LOL

SonOfLe-loLang
10-30-2012, 07:11 PM

HOw many people here were a lot stronger at 25 than they were at 21.

I think the cheifs would kill them.

Jason in LA
10-30-2012, 07:25 PM
It's a silly point of view. How many NFL caliber players does alabama have? The Chiefs suck, but they are all NFL players. They were all starters in college, and the stars of their teams. I don't see how folks can even think that a college team would have a chance.

Tim
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM
It's a silly point of view. How many NFL caliber players does alabama have? The Chiefs suck, but they are all NFL players. They were all starters in college, and the stars of their teams. I don't see how folks can even think that a college team would have a chance.

at least alabama has a qb that is good enough to start for a college team

broncosteven
10-30-2012, 07:32 PM
HOw many people here were a lot stronger at 25 than they were at 21.

I think the cheifs would kill them.

Until they started turning the ball over.

I agree that NFL talent is better than teams where only a hand full of guys move on to the pros but we are talking about the kFc chefs, this team has backed up the U-Haul in week 7 and given up. There was very little effort in the game I watched them play Sunday and Romeo, while a good DC is not a master motivator nor should he be coaching a team at the college or NFL levels.

Saban would find a way to get enough plays to win. Romeo would be at the mic in his presser saying "I don't understand..."

comoose00
10-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Tide would get rolled!!

Ok lets forget about the strength stuff for a few. It is about the overall talent level of the players. Speed is the true killer. The corners and lb's would smother the receivers and te's. On the offensive side of the ball yes the chiefs suck but the recievers and te's would own the secondary of the tide. How many starting NFL quality cb and safeties come out of college every year? Very few cause everything is so much faster at the pro level. Most safeties and corners need a couple of years to adjust, i.e. carter and moore. I am sorry even the chiefs would win this game. Now can the tide keep it close that is a different question.

tsiguy96
10-30-2012, 07:38 PM
think about the terrible players we have started on defense the last few years...those terrible players were good/great college players. and they were awful in the league. thats what every college has, MAYBE a few studs but mostly guys who would get burned going against starting NFL talent, even if it isnt very good.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 08:03 PM
SEC is better then the NFL. The truth....phase one.

FearLanier
10-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Bama wouldn't get any pressure on Cassel. Our OL is ranked 2nd in the NFL.

They wouldn't be able to run the ball on us either. Our 3 LB's would dominate their RB's.

Charles would run all over them and Bowe would beat them.

Chiefs would win by at least 4 TD's.

Tombstone RJ
10-30-2012, 08:12 PM

one word: poe :D

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Bama wouldn't get any pressure on Cassel. Our OL is ranked 2nd in the NFL.

They wouldn't be able to run the ball on us either. Our 3 LB's would dominate their RB's.

Charles would run all over them and Bowe would beat them.

Chiefs would win by at least 4 TD's.

Number two line lol. At what letting QBs getting knocked out?

KCStud
10-30-2012, 08:16 PM
The 2010 Bama team has a better chance of beating the 2010 Broncos than the 2012 Bama team has of beating the 2012 Chiefs.

Bama lost a lot of talent from the last 2 years.

Br0nc0Buster
10-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Because we have watched them play. There is a reason why they haven't lead a game during during regulation.

Yes, against NFL teams they suck
But guys like Brady Quinn, Glenn Dorsey, and Tyson Jackson were good in college to

These are grown ass men against 19 and 20 year olds

Silly poll is just silly

KCStud
10-30-2012, 08:21 PM
But guys like Brady Quinn, Glenn Dorsey, and Tyson Jackson were good in college to

Silly poll is just silly

He's too stupid to figure that out

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 08:30 PM

Silly poll is just silly

They were good YEARS ago on better coached teams.

If it was how to beat a buffet table then yeah I could see Crennel having a good game plan against it. He is a trash coach, just horrible. Saban has a higher NFL winning % THEN Crennel.

Br0nc0Buster
10-30-2012, 08:40 PM
They were good YEARS ago on better coached teams.

If it was how to beat a buffet table then yeah I could see Crennel having a good game plan against it. He is a trash coach, just horrible. Saban has a higher NFL winning % THEN Crennel.

oh cmon
Their technique is not worse than when they were in college
The were not able to adjust to the NFL
It is too fast and the other players are too strong

That is the whole point
Even guys who are studs in college can get straight up schooled in the NFL
It doesnt matter who coaches guys like Dorsey or Quinn, they suck because they suck
not because of poor coaching

I could coach the Chiefs and they would still stomp Bama
Again this idea that any college team could not only compete, but actually beat an NFL is absolute nonsense

Tim
10-30-2012, 08:46 PM
oh cmon

That is the whole point
It doesnt matter who coaches guys like Dorsey or Quinn, they suck because they suck

Again this idea that any college team could not only compete, but actually beat an NFL is absolute nonsense
have you watched alabama destroy everyone they play for the past 2 years?

guys like CJ mosley, Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, Jesse Williams are better than the guys on the chiefs..

Cassel wasn't even good enough to start for a college team :spit:

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 08:47 PM
oh cmon

That is the whole point

You don't think college is faster now then it was for Quinn? How about Cassel that didn't even play a down?

Houshyamama
10-30-2012, 08:50 PM
This is retarded.

DHallblows
10-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm being generous here:

Let's say 6 players good enough to immediately start after 2013 draft.
6 players good enough to immediately start after 2014 draft.
6 players good enough to immediately start after 2015 draft.
6 players good enough to immediately start after 2016 draft.

Even if that's true, realize we're talking about 19 and 20 year olds right now. Maybe they'll start in 5 years, but they are kids right now.

DHallblows
10-30-2012, 09:02 PM
SEC is better then the NFL. The truth....phase one.

Oh yeah and this! This statement is more ridiculous than the original premise of this thread...

Ratboy
10-30-2012, 09:11 PM
I doubt it.

NFL is the best of the best.

Br0nc0Buster
10-30-2012, 09:23 PM
have you watched alabama destroy everyone they play for the past 2 years?

guys like CJ mosley, Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, Jesse Williams are better than the guys on the chiefs..

Cassel wasn't even good enough to start for a college team :spit:

These guys who are on the Chiefs roster were really good college players to

I cannot believe people actually think this
Do you not remember Glenn Dorsey in college?
Or Brady Quinn?

I am about done talking about this I feel like I am in the Twilight zone

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 09:28 PM
If you voted yes, and not sarcastically or because you just hate the Chiefs that much, you lack a fundamental understanding of the gap in talent/training between college and the pros.

If you voted no, you lack a fundamental understanding of how important it is to have good coaching and a team playing well as a unit.

Oh and again, the gap is not nearly as big as you people are making it out to be. If it was, late round picks and rookie free agents wouldn't make NFL rosters all the freaking time.

FearLanier
10-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Matt Cassel has had great games against the NFL's worst teams. And you think a college team could beat him?

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 09:29 PM
These guys who are on the Chiefs roster were really good college players to

I cannot believe people actually think this
Do you not remember Glenn Dorsey in college?
Or Brady Quinn?

I am about done talking about this I feel like I am in the Twilight zone

John Elway was good in college could he suit up and beat a bunch of kids? I mean the soon to be 29 year old Quinn couldn't even make it 5 drop backs.

cutthemdown
10-30-2012, 09:30 PM

I hope that most of the forum members saying Alabama could beat a pro team are just saying it to bag on the Chiefs trolls. If a person really thought that then you also would have to say Alabama can beat the Saints, like the Chiefs did. And you know what I bet they play us tougher then people want to think they will this yr. Chiefs have a way of remembering how to play when they face us in Arrowhead stadium.

Back to your point on the talent gap......it's huge. i would even guess that the bkups of the Chiefs could beat Alabama. Thats how much faster, stronger, and better NFL players are to college.

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Try that per year the last few years. (maybe not 10, but with UDFA, its probably close)

Total number of future NFL players on Alabama's roster is probably around 40. So yeah...

Br0nc0Buster
10-30-2012, 09:33 PM
You don't think college is faster now then it was for Quinn? How about Cassel that didn't even play a down?

lol you act like he played in the 70s
What was it like 6 years ago he was in Notre Dame

College speed wasnt too fast for Jemarcus Russell

It is completely different

Very few players can start in the NFL from day one and be good
Let alone an entire team do it

cutthemdown
10-30-2012, 09:34 PM

No way Alabama puts 10 players a yr into the NFL. And what was the last big time QB? Without which in the pros you get beat down. You can't run the ball all day into holes like Alabama plows. Its so much harder in the NFL where all the front 7's are stocked with the best players college football had to offer. Then they got yrs of NFL training and weight lifting.

Agamemnon
I hope that most of the forum members saying Alabama could beat a pro team are just saying it to bag on the Chiefs trolls. If a person really thought that then you also would have to say Alabama can beat the Saints, like the Chiefs did. And you know what I bet they play us tougher then people want to think they will this yr. Chiefs have a way of remembering how to play when they face us in Arrowhead stadium.

Back to your point on the talent gap......it's huge. i would even guess that the bkups of the Chiefs could beat Alabama. Thats how much faster, stronger, and better NFL players are to college.

I'm sorry, but every time someone says this kind of thing it make my head hurt. The starters on Alabama are as big, strong, and fast as most NFL teams. They don't have the same level of experience, and aren't as well-versed in the technical aspects of the game, but they aren't physically outclassed one bit.

cutthemdown
Total number of future NFL players on Alabama's roster is probably around 40. So yeah...

No friggin way 40 of the guys on Alabama right now make the pros. That is a ridiculous statement.

KCStud
10-30-2012, 09:36 PM
John Elway was good in college could he suit up and beat a bunch of kids? I mean the soon to be 29 year old Quinn couldn't even make it 5 drop backs.

John Elway threw 7 TD's and 14 INT's with a 47.5 completion rate in 11 games in his first year on an NFL team you ****ing dumbass.

He wouldn't beat any NFL team no matter what college team you put him on.

Br0nc0Buster
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
This is retarded.

Should of quit a while ago
Retarded doesnt even begin to describe this

DHallblows
10-30-2012, 09:40 PM
And I'm still confused how a coach with a 15-17 NFL record is somehow the x-factor in this matchup...

Tim
10-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Should of quit a while ago
Retarded doesnt even begin to describe this

What is so dumb about arguably the worst team in the History of NFL getting beat by the number 1 college team in america with NFL caliber talent at almost every positional group that can match the queefs with size and speed at every position?

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 09:43 PM
No way Alabama puts 10 players a yr into the NFL. And what was the last big time QB? Without which in the pros you get beat down. You can't run the ball all day into holes like Alabama plows. Its so much harder in the NFL where all the front 7's are stocked with the best players college football had to offer. Then they got yrs of NFL training and weight lifting.

Greg McElory is the best QB on Jets.

KCStud
10-30-2012, 09:44 PM
What is so dumb about arguably the worst team in the History of NFL talent getting beat by the number 1 college team in america with NFL at almost every position that can match the queefs with size and speed at every position?

Alabama's players don't know jack **** about the speed of the NFL. And size doesn't matter in the NFL. Technique matters.

AJ McCarron would **** his pants against any NFL defense. He's a mid round QB at best.

DHallblows
10-30-2012, 09:45 PM

How many of them are 18 right now? Terrible point and that's ignoring how untrue the above statement is

DHallblows
10-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Greg McElory is the best QB on Jets.

If the Jets signed me tomorrow, I'd be the best QB on the Jets...

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 09:50 PM
If the Jets signed me tomorrow, I'd be the best QB on the Jets...

If they waived Greg to sign you then yes you would.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 09:53 PM
And I'm still confused how a coach with a 15-17 NFL record is somehow the x-factor in this matchup...

Because the other coach is 27-47. LOL

DHallblows
10-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Because the other coach is 27-47. LOL

It sounds like coaching would be a non-factor then...

KCStud
10-30-2012, 10:03 PM

He's too stupid to figure that out.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 10:06 PM

Thats all the HC he has done his whole career. Really what team do you think is going to work harder for his respected teams?

HAT
10-30-2012, 10:08 PM
The line would be Chefs -42.5 and they would cover by at least 2 TDs.

Love threads like this and it's no surprise that phagamemnon is leading the thread in ridiculousness.....errr redicules.

KCStud
10-30-2012, 10:10 PM
DBrokeback4life's stupidity is cracking my **** up.

This isn't even the best Alabama team in the last 3 years yet this moron thinks they could beat an NFL.
Ha!

FearLanier
10-30-2012, 10:15 PM
I find it hard to believe Alabama can be in any game vs any NFL team this year when their best prospects this year are their OL, ILB and CB.

I doubt they would score more than 7 points at best on Romeo's defense.

This Bama team doesn't have talent at skill positions like the team did a few years ago when they had Julio Jones, Trent Richardson and Mark Barron.

SoCalBronco
10-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Miami 01 could take the Chiefs.

And Dorsey has a stronger arm than Cassel. :)

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 10:27 PM
I find it hard to believe Alabama can be in any game vs any NFL team this year when their best prospects this year are their OL, ILB and CB.

I doubt they would score more than 7 points at best on Romeo's defense.

This Bama team doesn't have talent at skill positions like the team did a few years ago when they had Julio Jones, Trent Richardson and Mark Barron.

I think this has more to do with how historically bad KC is man. You can't tell me you are not watching the worst KC team you have ever seen in over 20 years.

ZONA
10-30-2012, 10:30 PM
If you voted no, you lack a fundamental understanding of how important it is to have good coaching and a team playing well as a unit.

Oh and again, the gap is not nearly as big as you people are making it out to be. If it was, late round picks and rookie free agents wouldn't make NFL rosters all the freaking time.

Thank you. You make some really great points about the free agents and late round picks. Not to mention, sometimes when a dude goes pro, gets paid, he doesn't have that hunger. There have been plenty of them.

Bama could hang with the Chiefs. If that game could be played today, I bet you it would be closer then alot of people think.

DHallblows
10-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Thank you. You make some really great points about the free agents and late round picks. Not to mention, sometimes when a dude goes pro, gets paid, he doesn't have that hunger. There have been plenty of them.

Bama could hang with the Chiefs. If that game could be played today, I bet you it would be closer then alot of people think.

Well given that I think it'd be a 5 TD win, you're probably right. When KFC put in it's backups (you know, college level players that Bama is used to facing), Alabama would make up some points in garbage time.

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 10:39 PM

I'm sorry, but every time someone says this kind of thing it make my head hurt. The starters on Alabama are as big, strong, and fast as most NFL teams. They don't have the same level of experience, and aren't as well-versed in the technical aspects of the game, but they aren't physically outclassed one bit.

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 10:42 PM
DBrokeback4life's stupidity is cracking my **** up.

This isn't even the best Alabama team in the last 3 years yet this moron thinks they could beat an NFL.
Ha!

To be fair, the Chiefs are an NFL team in name only.

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 10:44 PM
The line would be Chefs -42.5 and they would cover by at least 2 TDs.

Love threads like this and it's no surprise that phagamemnon is leading the thread in ridiculousness.....errr redicules.

If the line looked anything like that it would be because of all you dip****s who think college football players suddenly mutate into football gods when they go to the NFL.

Houshyamama
10-30-2012, 11:12 PM

No dude, just no. You're so far off it's comical. Just stop.

Houshyamama
10-30-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry, but every time someone says this kind of thing it make my head hurt. The starters on Alabama are as big, strong, and fast as most NFL teams.

AAAaaaannnnnd, you just lost it.

FearLanier
10-30-2012, 11:25 PM
I think this has more to do with how historically bad KC is man. You can't tell me you are not watching the worst KC team you have ever seen in over 20 years.

In order to beat any NFL team, you have to have good QB play. If McCarron played any NFL team tomorrow he would struggle mightily because of the complex looks, schemes and speed of the game.

Despite their talent on the OL, they would still get pushed around and dominated. They don't have a clue how to play against grown men who have technique and physical talent that's far more developed. Same thing with the DL. They would get pushed around too.

Saban may be a better coach, but that wouldn't matter. Alabama playing against any NFL team is a complete mismatch at every position on the field.

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 11:27 PM
AAAaaaannnnnd, you just lost it.

Alabama's starting NT is 320 lbs and benches 600. Alabama's starting RB is 240 lbs and runs a 4.5-4.6 40 time. Alabama's starting LT is 6'6" and weighs 335 lbs.

Shall I go on?

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 11:33 PM
No dude, just no. You're so far off it's comical. Just stop.

How am I off? Actually provide some facts. So far you and those who agree with you keep saying "OMG the gap in talent is SOOOO HUUUUUGE!" but you provide zero facts to back it up. Meanwhile I point out that players who are only decent at the college level (late round picks and rookie free agents) often succeed in the NFL, and that's "comical"? The only comical thing I see is yet more Mane posters thinking they are smart when they are very clearly the opposite.

Agamemnon
10-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Basically what is being said in this thread:

Great Division IAA teams could never beat crappy Division IA teams because the talent gap is too big (proven wrong many times).

Great minor league baseball teams could never beat bad major league baseball teams (proven wrong many times--hell ML teams have lost to college teams in scrimmages ffs).

Other countries could never beat the US in basketball post-Dream Team (until they did).

It's ridiculous. High level college sports are only a notch below professional sports. Whether it's football or otherwise, the gap is never that big. Yes most NFL teams would beat most college teams 90+% of the time. But this absolute "it could never happen" bull**** is the same crap people were spewing about the NFL versus the AFL until they were proven wrong. You people live in a fantasy world of black and white.

Houshyamama
10-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Alabama's starting NT is 320 lbs and benches 600. Alabama's starting RB is 240 lbs and runs a 4.5-4.6 40 time. Alabama's starting LT is 6'6" and weighs 335 lbs.

Shall I go on?

They would get destroyed. Even if a few of them somehow held their own, Alabama's weak points would be abused. This isn't even worth debating. I'm going to stop now. I'm out.

Agamemnon
10-31-2012, 12:05 AM
They would get destroyed. Even if a few of them somehow held their own, Alabama's weak points would be abused. This isn't even worth debating. I'm going to stop now. I'm out.

You think your posts even remotely resemble debating? :spit:

DBroncos4life
10-31-2012, 12:07 AM

Ha! That's like the 4th time you said you're out. This is a troll on KC thread and you are getting so upset it is nuts. ;D

Smiling Assassin27
10-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Steve Spurrier:

“Alabama, gosh, they look like they could beat a couple of those NFL teams that I’ve watched on Sundays,” Spurrier said. “I think a lot of the oddsmakers out there, that usually know what’s going on, I’d guess Alabama would be favored by a little bit.”

What a d!ckhead.

ClamChowdah
10-31-2012, 10:50 AM
If you voted yes then you're retarded, how can a team with a handful of NFL players be expected to beat a team full of NFL players? ROFL!

They look great cause they're playing against guys who will be working in offices and on building sites next year, no college team in history could beat any NFL team in history.

broncocalijohn
10-31-2012, 10:55 AM
It would take a COllege all star team to beat the Chiefs. When they had those games of College All Stars vs NFL Champs, NFL lead 31-9-2. Now we know the Chiefs won't be even close to a championship team but we also know that Alabama has players that won't be drafted into the NFL. College was innovated into the 50s but that changed and hasn't gone back (sorry MacGruder).

Houshyamama
10-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Ha! That's like the 4th time you said you're out. This is a troll on KC thread and you are getting so upset it is nuts. ;D

Ha!

broncosteven
10-31-2012, 02:01 PM
If you voted yes then you're retarded, how can a team with a handful of NFL players be expected to beat a team full of NFL players? ROFL!

They look great cause they're playing against guys who will be working in offices and on building sites next year, no college team in history could beat any NFL team in history.

Romeo Crennell and about 4 turnovers by kFc should give Bama the edge.

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Saban may be a better coach, but that wouldn't matter. Alabama playing against any NFL team is a complete mismatch at every position on the field.

This is where I think everyone's getting it wrong. Gameplan is huge, and I think a great college offense could present an NFL squad challenges it wasn't used to dealing with (or even meant to)

This is essentially the same argument a bunch of people made for why Tim won so many games early on last year.

"Eventually NFL defenses will figure that College **** out" I kept hearing. Not sure why we suddenly argue that a defense that looked utterly confused by "college" ball last year is suddenly going to automatically come in and shut down an elite college team in one game.

9 times out of 10, the ****ty NFL team wins. But an elite BCS team with a smart gameplan designed to exploit the differences between the NFL and College games has a legit shot imnsho.

Tombstone RJ
10-31-2012, 04:07 PM
This is where I think everyone's getting it wrong. Gameplan is huge, and I think a great college offense could present an NFL squad challenges it wasn't used to dealing with (or even meant to)

This is essentially the same argument a bunch of people made for why Tim won so many games early on last year.

"Eventually NFL defenses will figure that College **** out" I kept hearing. Not sure why we suddenly argue that a defense that looked utterly confused by "college" ball last year is suddenly going to automatically come in and shut down an elite college team in one game.

9 times out of 10, the ****ty NFL team wins. But an elite BCS team with a smart gameplan designed to exploit the differences between the NFL and College games has a legit shot imnsho.

Maybe. I doubt it but maybe. Also, even if 'bama could score on KC, I'd bet you that Jamaal Charles alone would rack up 250 yards rushing and 3-4 TDs. the kc oline plus Charles and some crack back blocks by Bowe and company, not to mention kc's TEs doing some damage, I just don't thin 'bama's defense could stop a motivated kc team.

cutthemdown
10-31-2012, 04:50 PM

He's not going to listen and neither are we so why bother. Too many freshman, sophmores, jrs and srs who won't make pros on Alabama to compete with even the weakest pro team. Just how it is.

cutthemdown
10-31-2012, 04:51 PM

What hash marks do they play on? pro or college in your dreamworld?

BroncoBeavis
10-31-2012, 04:59 PM
What hash marks do they play on? pro or college in your dreamworld?

I'd err on the college side and go wider. And the college kids should only need one foot down on a catch also. In case you wondered. :)

Tombstone RJ
10-31-2012, 05:01 PM
I'd err on the college side and go wider. And the college kids should only need one foot down on a catch also. In case you wondered. :)

good point, which rules do you use in this fantasy game? I think the college guys would have a real hard time with 2 feet in bounds and such.

robbieopperude
10-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Bama wins 2 maybe 3 of ten games with last years teams. I thought about this one more and I think Jax would be more likely to lose to Bama this year although again I think Bama would maybe win 1 or 2 out of 10.

TheReverend
10-31-2012, 09:46 PM
You guys keep mentioning how many of Alabama's players will get drafted, but why not ask yourself if the Chiefs players were going to hit the draft in April, how many would get selected and where?

baja
10-31-2012, 10:08 PM
If they payed 100 games the NFL team would win 99

extralife
10-31-2012, 10:18 PM
the college team would get absolutely manhandled in the trenches by any NFL team, come on.

Smiling Assassin27
11-01-2012, 09:20 AM
RJ Bell
@RJinVegas
How would Alabama do against the worst NFL team? NFL team favored by 24-points (via bookmaker @andrewssports)
10:58am Wed Oct 31

Alabama would enter a 24 point dog in Vegas.

Rock Chalk
11-01-2012, 11:13 AM
You guys keep mentioning how many of Alabama's players will get drafted, but why not ask yourself if the Chiefs players were going to hit the draft in April, how many would get selected and where?

I'd guess that 90% of the worst NFL rosters would, in hindsight, still get drafted.

I dont think people get it. Even the worst pro team is full of players that could have played and started at Alabama. Bama plays against teams that have only a handful of players that MIGHT make it in the NFL. An NFL team has players that HAVE made it in the NFL. The speed, intensity, game planning, and skill on an NFL team is greater than any college team would ever hope to get to.

24 seems awfully low even for the Jags. Id be a 40 point blowout in my opinion.

Lestat
11-01-2012, 06:51 PM
i'm sorry, NFL team notwithstanding. a crappy coached team is a crappy coached team.
the Chiefs are beyond horrible, they are dumb as a backwoods hippy on crack, the don't execute well, they are piss poorly ran and the only advantage they would have is pro experience.

you're talking about 1 game with Saban having time to prepare,plan and scheme.
Bama would beat them.
it would be one thing if this was a well coached team and they were having growing pains but improving and playing solidly.
the team has been steadily going downhill for years on a steep decline.

Agamemnon
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
i'm sorry, NFL team notwithstanding. a crappy coached team is a crappy coached team.
the Chiefs are beyond horrible, they are dumb as a backwoods hippy on crack, the don't execute well, they are piss poorly ran and the only advantage they would have is pro experience.

you're talking about 1 game with Saban having time to prepare,plan and scheme.
Bama would beat them.
it would be one thing if this was a well coached team and they were having growing pains but improving and playing solidly.
the team has been steadily going downhill for years on a steep decline.

Seriously, anyone who has watched this team play knows they are not playing at an NFL level. So this isn't about whether or not Alabama could beat an NFL team, because the Chiefs simply aren't playing like an NFL team. Not even close.

broncosteven
11-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Seriously, anyone who has watched this team play knows they are not playing at an NFL level. So this isn't about whether or not Alabama could beat an NFL team, because the Chiefs simply aren't playing like an NFL team. Not even close.

Watching kFc turn the ball over week in and week out just proves that should they ever play a college team they might dominate the stats but give them points by turning the ball over.

Plus it is not like kFc has any All-pro's on their team.

broncosteven
11-01-2012, 08:09 PM
kFc gets a turnover in red zone and end up with 0 points.

Bama would destroy this team!

LOL

DBroncos4life
11-01-2012, 08:10 PM
KC would not win the SEC.

TheReverend
11-01-2012, 08:16 PM

This.

The Chiefs look worse and worse every week.

To me, this has gone from Alabama COULD beat the Chiefs to Alabama might kick the ****ing **** out of this pile of crap.

Agamemnon
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
This.

The Chiefs look worse and worse every week.

To me, this has gone from Alabama COULD beat the Chiefs to Alabama might kick the ****ing **** out of this pile of crap.

Yep.

Agamemnon
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Watching tonight I think the Buffs might have a shot at this Chiefs team. Hilarious!

Wes Mantooth
11-01-2012, 10:09 PM

so you are telling me everyone on the chefs roster is an NFL quality player? Please.

Black96WS6
11-02-2012, 06:23 AM
I agree. I think those saying it's ridiculous to think a college team could beat an NFL team are assuming the Chiefs are currently playing at that level.

They're not. They have never led in any game. They are getting blown out regularly, and turning the ball over at a historic level.

It's as though a college team and the Chiefs have ALREADY switched places, and this is the result!

We're sort of looking into a crystal ball and seeing what it would be like if a college team were to play against NFL teams for a year (and fortunately for them, against the AFC West):

Your 2012 Chiefs ladies and gentlemen! ;)

rmsanger
11-02-2012, 06:46 AM
You guys are getting all whoa crazy crazy round here! KC's offense would still march all over Bama. I know you guys like to piss in their cheerios but they simply are not that bad. The Lions from 2-3 years ago were about at the same level that KC is playing now.

FearLanier
11-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Thought I would bump this ;D

Houshyamama
11-10-2012, 06:47 PM
God dammit, I hate stupid people.

DBroncos4life
11-10-2012, 06:54 PM
God dammit, I hate stupid people.
Troll threads are hard to understand.

broncocalijohn
11-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Could Texas A & M beat the Chiefs? Thanks spurier for helping us start a bad thread.

DENVERDUI55
11-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Alabama couldn't beat A&M. 59 dumb people voted in this thread.

DBroncos4life
11-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Alabama couldn't beat A&M. 59 dumb people voted in this thread.

I've seen is Elway part horse polls on other boards. 80% voted yes. Conclusion???

Tim
11-10-2012, 07:07 PM
and the real dumb people are the folks that take making fun of the chiefs way to seriously:welcome:

GreatBronco16
11-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Well Texas A&M does have more offense than the chiefs.................;D

broncosteven
11-10-2012, 09:24 PM
and the real dumb people are the folks that take making fun of the chiefs way to seriously:welcome:

Are you going to kick my dog now too?

You guys are no fun!

ZONA
11-11-2012, 01:04 AM
OK, time to switch topic to......

Should there be a college playoffs?

HAT
11-26-2012, 10:46 AM
So does this mean 'Bama and or A & M could hang with Denver?

Still elloelling at the dipshyts in this thread...

cutthemdown
11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
people now look silly. Alabama can't even beat every college team they play let alone an NFL squad that would do them dirty. I mean dirty dirty. I'd say any NFL team would beat any college team by 4 scores at least.

ZONA
11-26-2012, 01:24 PM
people now look silly. Alabama can't even beat every college team they play let alone an NFL squad that would do them dirty. I mean dirty dirty. I'd say any NFL team would beat any college team by 4 scores at least.

I think what "we" have learned is that football is not written in stone. Teams have bad days, players have bad games, sometimes the ball bounces funny, sometimes you get the call sometimes you don't. There are so many things that could help determine the outcome. I would not say it's a given that any NFL team could beat any college team by 4 score (I assume you mean TD's). Maybe on 1 day they could, maybe on 1 day they don't. That's how I see it.

TonyR
11-26-2012, 01:45 PM
I think what "we" have learned is that football is not written in stone. Teams have bad days, players have bad games, sometimes the ball bounces funny, sometimes you get the call sometimes you don't. There are so many things that could help determine the outcome. I would not say it's a given that any NFL team could beat any college team by 4 score (I assume you mean TD's). Maybe on 1 day they could, maybe on 1 day they don't. That's how I see it.

No college team would have even a remote chance against any NFL team. There is no argument to the contrary here. What percentage of even the best college team's players will go on to start a game in the NFL? Because guess what? 100% of any NFL team's players did. Men against boys.

oubronco
11-26-2012, 01:49 PM
OK, time to switch topic to......

Should there be a college playoffs?

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dutch
11-26-2012, 02:15 PM
No college team would have even a remote chance against any NFL team. There is no argument to the contrary here. What percentage of even the best college team's players will go on to start a game in the NFL? Because guess what? 100% of any NFL team's players did. Men against boys.

This^, in spades....