PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner could be fired very soon

FearLanier
10-28-2012, 02:59 PM
According to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, it would require a "miracle turnaround" for Norv Turner to stay on as the Chargers' head coach in 2012.
"It will take a miracle turnaround for Norv Turner to be the coach beyond this year," said Acee on NFL Network's Around the League segment on Monday. The Chargers have dropped five straight games and are in last place in the AFC West. ESPN's Jerry Rice also blamed Turner for the Chargers' 2011 collapse on SportsCenter Monday. "Norv Turner is one of those coaches that just canít you over the hump," Rice said. "I played under this guy." The Chargers appear

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2...ly-out-in-2012

NFLBRONCO
10-28-2012, 03:02 PM
If it was me I'd sign him for 10 more years he's a great coach.

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 03:04 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DENVERDUI55
10-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Whatever either way. They just aren't that good let's face it. Rivers is not a good QB right now and he has noone to throw too. That team is going to implode.

BroncoMan4ever
10-28-2012, 03:17 PM
If it was me I'd sign him for 10 more years he's a great coach.

I am sure AFC west opponents fans would chip in to pay his and smith's contracts to keep them in place

baja
10-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Whatever either way. They just aren't that good let's face it. Rivers is not a good QB right now and he has noone to throw too. That team is going to implode.

I think they just did.

What else do you call loosing to Cleveland 7 to 6

broncocalijohn
10-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Fix your post. It says to get through 2012. While it will be sad to see him leave in 2013, don't let us believe he is gone b4 this season.

broncosteven
10-28-2012, 03:19 PM
I took "very soon" to mean in the next hour.

Personally I hope he stays around for another decade.

Notice the QB Carousel in KFC! More comedy in the AFC west!

Bacchus
10-28-2012, 03:21 PM

Yeah, somehting is wrong with Rivers or he has no elite WRs anymore or both.

lonestar
10-28-2012, 03:24 PM
I am sure AFC west opponents fans would chip in to pay his and smith's contracts to keep them in place

Like aldavis these two morons are the 12th and 13th man on our teams..

Sad to see them go.. Their team has no where to go but up..

Maybe they would rehire Marty... I could stand a decade more of martyball..

FearLanier
10-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Raiders start over this year, Chiefs and Chargers will start over next year.

Wow this division is sad.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah, somehting is wrong with Rivers or he has no elite WRs anymore or both.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread going around about who was better Rivers or Cutler. Lots of Broncos fans picked Rivers ROFL!

broncocalijohn
10-28-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a thread going around about who was better Rivers or Cutler. Lots of Broncos fans picked Rivers ROFL!

When we had Cutler, blind Broncos fans had Cutler as the best. Right now that isn't true but those same Broncos fans also said in a poll they would rather have Cutler than the Colts Manning. Fo' Sure.

lonestar
10-28-2012, 03:34 PM

at the time he was clutch cutlet not so much..

if it was not for a great defense and ST not so sure he would be a winning QB this year.. those 9 TDs and 8 picks this year and a whooping 78.2 QBR through 6 games just begs me to want him back..

Champagne Powder
10-28-2012, 03:37 PM
at the time he was clutch cutlet not so much..

if it was not for a great defense and ST not so sure he would be a winning QB this year.. those 9 TDs and 8 picks this year and a whooping 78.2 QBR through 6 games just begs me to want him back..

Rivers was never clutch.

Name one game where Rivers had a defining playoff moment. He doesn't have any. He was a great in the regular season, never in the postseason.

baja
10-28-2012, 03:37 PM

Was there ever a Cutler vs Manning thread?

lonestar
10-28-2012, 03:38 PM
When we had Cutler, blind Broncos fans had Cutler as the best. Right now that isn't true but those same Broncos fans also said in a poll they would rather have Cutler than the Colts Manning. Fo' Sure.

not sure about that poll.. Maybe tebow vs Manning but I do not remember seeing cutlet vs Manning..

lonestar
10-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Rivers was never clutch.

Name one game where Rivers had a defining playoff moment. He doesn't have any. He was a great in the regular season, never in the postseason.

and cutlets post seasons?

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 03:42 PM

Hey lets keep this about Cutler and Rivers. No need to get vicious ;D

Champagne Powder
10-28-2012, 03:45 PM
and cutlets post seasons?

Cutler had a 111.3 QB rating in Chicago's 35-24 Divisional Playoff win.

He's been as far as Rivers has in the playoffs and he's more likely to do something in the postseason this year.

Jay3
10-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Norv will be fired. It's because he won't put in Tebow.

Champagne Powder
10-28-2012, 03:53 PM
lonestar is the biggest retard on this site. He vouches for Josh McD!ckless, the offensive coordinator who directed the 2011 Rams to the lowest scoring output in the NFL (193 points).

Action
10-28-2012, 03:55 PM
According to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, it would require a "miracle turnaround" for Norv Turner to stay on as the Chargers' head coach in 2012.
"It will take a miracle turnaround for Norv Turner to be the coach beyond this year," said Acee on NFL Network's Around the League segment on Monday. The Chargers have dropped five straight games and are in last place in the AFC West. ESPN's Jerry Rice also blamed Turner for the Chargers' 2011 collapse on SportsCenter Monday. "Norv Turner is one of those coaches that just canít you over the hump," Rice said. "I played under this guy." The Chargers appear

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2...ly-out-in-2012

what?

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Clearly not being able to use stickem really hurt the Chargers this week. Pretty sure they had a season drops.

LongDongJohnson
10-28-2012, 03:57 PM
lonestar is the biggest retard on this site. He vouches for Josh McD!ckless, the offensive coordinator who directed the 2011 Rams to the lowest scoring output in the NFL (193 points).

Mcdickless did good today.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Mcdickless did good today.

I agree, BBs outfit looked clean and pressed.

broncocalijohn
10-28-2012, 04:02 PM
not sure about that poll.. Maybe tebow vs Manning but I do not remember seeing cutlet vs Manning..

It was a poll of if you can have any QB in the NFL, who would it be? It was bumped maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. Find it and bump it again.

swaiy
10-28-2012, 04:05 PM
How are they in last place in the AFC West?

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 04:05 PM
It was a poll of if you can have any QB in the NFL, who would it be? It was bumped maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. Find it and bump it again.

Leave it be :clown:

Champagne Powder
10-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Tom Brady, with input from Bill Belichick, did good today.

Fixed for you.

LongDongJohnson
10-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Fixed for you.

Look at how the rams did. Seven points, bum qb in bradford. Doesnt matter who calls the plays in St. Louis, they suck.

Point is Rams sucked last year on offense but I wouldnt put all the blame on Josh. He didnt have anything to work with.

Yall can say its all brady and bellicheck but its not true. To say all Josh does is get coffee and do the laundry is crazy.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Look at how the rams did. Seven points, bum qb in bradford. Doesnt matter who calls the plays in St. Louis, they suck.

Point is Rams sucked last year on offense but I wouldnt put all the blame on Josh. He didnt have anything to work with.

Yall can say its all brady and bellicheck but its not true. To say all Josh does is get coffee and do the laundry is crazy.

What does he do then? He sure as hell doesn't help NE win SBs as a OC!

Br0nc0Buster
10-28-2012, 05:04 PM
what?

lol that article is like a year old

Norv is still prolly gonna get fired though

lonestar
10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Cutler had a 111.3 QB rating in Chicago's 35-24 Divisional Playoff win.

He's been as far as Rivers has in the playoffs and he's more likely to do something in the postseason this year.

and they won the super bowl?

so far this schmuck has been in the league since 06 and has one decent game in the playoffs.. BFD..

Remind me if they win a superbowl.. SO far his QBR is something shy of 80. if it were not for that great D Not sure they would have won any games..

lonestar
10-28-2012, 08:52 PM

and what is this years offense?

I think you've been kissing cutlets ass to long.. time for the bromance to be done..

Kaylore
10-28-2012, 10:33 PM

Losing by giving up 5 unanswered TD's on national TV and then coming off a bye losing to the Browns 6 to 7 is imploded.

Durango
10-29-2012, 01:50 AM
The thing that worries me is that a great coach like Andy Reid will get fired in Philly and end up in either Kansas City or San Diego. The guy can coach, but like Shanahan, his personnel decisions aren't the best.

i4jelway7
10-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Clearly not being able to use stickem really hurt the Chargers this week. Pretty sure they had a season drops.

I saw more dropped passes from the chuggers yesterday than I can ever remember seeing.... stickum towel anyone?

boltaneer
10-29-2012, 09:16 AM
If they lose to the Chiefs on Thursday, I can actually see a mid-season firing happening. This is the closest thing to another bye week, a team can get.

Otherwise, I expect him to somehow last through the whole season again.

RedskinBronco
10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
I will be sad to see Norvel go. My chargers fan friends were all pumping their chest, SD will win the SB!

Plain and simple, it never mattered how much talent they had; Norv is as incompetent as they get and it amazes me how he continues to get HC positions. I guess dumbass owners and GMs are mesmerized by his reputation as an OC.

I kept telling them no chance in hell that SD would ever win with Norv as coach and undisciplined prima donnas that they had. BAD combination.

Now they are losers again. Enjoy it Phyllis!

socalorado
10-29-2012, 09:37 AM
If they lose to the Chiefs on Thursday, I can actually see a mid-season firing happening. This is the closest thing to another bye week, a team can get.

Puuuleease! Boltaneer! Go and get all the fans in SD, have a giant, enormous, massive protest of all 15 of you and DEMAND that Norv stays the HC of the sparklers!
Cmon! Man! Show some damn, "sparkle power" love!

gyldenlove
10-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Please don't fire Turner, please don't fire Turner - I have a bet that Rex Ryan is the first HC fired this year, I would hate to lose it, especially if in the process the Chuggers become a better team.

lonestar
10-29-2012, 10:31 AM
I will be sad to see Norvel go. My chargers fan friends were all pumping their chest, SD will win the SB!

Plain and simple, it never mattered how much talent they had; Norv is as incompetent as they get and it amazes me how he continues to get HC positions. I guess dumbass owners and GMs are mesmerized by his reputation as an OC.

I kept telling them no chance in hell that SD would ever win with Norv as coach and undisciplined prima donnas that they had. BAD combination.

Now they are losers again. Enjoy it Phyllis!

I have some friends in SAN and they are pissed have been for a few years..

and frankly anyone can be a great OC with the cowgirls line up they had.. Hell I doubt they had one OL guy less than 320 and when you have Clydesdales like that opening holes for RBs does anyone wonder why He did not get touched until he was in the secondary a lot of times..
then add the WR corp and QB to the mix Beatle Bailey could have been a great OC..

not to mention his boss was pretty good also..

NFLBRONCO
10-29-2012, 10:53 AM

If I was a SD fan I'd want Norv gone too. Where is the ripping on River's he has played like crap this year as well.

RedskinBronco
10-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I love seeing phyllis fail, could not happen to a better person

**** you phyllis, POS

boltaneer
10-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Well, I will say that I think he would have won it all in 2007 if Rivers, Gates and LT didn't all go down with injuries in the playoffs. You could make an argument that it was still Marty's team but Norv did a lot more with that team than Marty did.

His time here should have ended two years ago though.

Tim
10-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Well, I will say that I think he would have won it all in 2007 if Rivers, Gates and LT didn't all go down with injuries in the playoffs. You could make an argument that it was still Marty's team but Norv did a lot more with that team than Marty did.

Was that the year the pats beat the bolts and lt cried after the game?

v2micca
10-29-2012, 11:26 AM

Honestly, I think your best chance was 2006. The Patriots had no business beating you in that game. Completely stole that one from you. And I don't think either the Colts or the Bears would have been able to match up with you from that point on.

socalorado
10-29-2012, 11:36 AM

SD needs to go back to those uni's in your avi too.
Of course when they move to LA thats what the plan is.

ChampJesusBailey
10-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Was that the year the pats beat the bolts and lt cried after the game?

That was 2006, IIRC Marty was still coach and the Sparklers had the #1 seed in the AFC. Could be wrong though.

The playoffs he is referring to I believe was the game where LT had like 3 carries and then didn't play anymore. I don't think that's the game where he got butt hurt at midfield.

Tombstone RJ
10-29-2012, 12:15 PM
How are they in last place in the AFC West?

this

Blart
10-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Broncos need some competition in the AFCW or we're gonna get soft.

lonestar
10-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Just hope we do not peak to early. They have to get better each week all the way through the playoffs.

boltaneer
10-29-2012, 01:02 PM
SD needs to go back to those uni's in your avi too.
Of course when they move to LA thats what the plan is.

They need to go back to these jerseys:

http://prod.images.chargers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/CHARGERS/assets/images/imported/zip/2009/10-October/wk6-DEN-SDG/101909_DEVvsSD_mn_689--nfl_large_590_Unlimited.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

mwill07
10-29-2012, 01:06 PM
on 104.3 this morning, they were talking about Del Rio, and how he will likely have more HC offers this off-season. SD came up as a potential suitor.

how much would that suck, to lose DA to oakland and then JDR to San Diego in consecutive years?

Rohirrim
10-29-2012, 01:09 PM
You just can't get the kind of experience that Norv has. Hopefully, Sandyeggo sticks with him for the long haul.

gyldenlove
10-29-2012, 01:17 PM
on 104.3 this morning, they were talking about Del Rio, and how he will likely have more HC offers this off-season. SD came up as a potential suitor.

how much would that suck, to lose DA to oakland and then JDR to San Diego in consecutive years?

I just don't see it, his tenure in Jacksonville is surely not forgotten that quickly.

boltaneer
10-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Jack Del Rio would be a kick to the nuts.

I'd almost rather keep Norv.

Gort
10-29-2012, 01:39 PM
They need to go back to these jerseys:

http://prod.images.chargers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/CHARGERS/assets/images/imported/zip/2009/10-October/wk6-DEN-SDG/101909_DEVvsSD_mn_689--nfl_large_590_Unlimited.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

^ those jerseys are ghey.

Kaylore
10-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I want to hear from Charger fans what they think happened to Rivers. I am baffled. He's just not very good anymore.

DBroncos4life
10-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I want to hear from Charger fans what they think happened to Rivers. I am baffled. He's just not very good anymore.

It reminds me of the roids decline of Eric Gagne.

NFLBRONCO
10-29-2012, 02:46 PM

No doubt but, happy he has declined. I wonder if he just tuned out Norv

Jetland
10-29-2012, 02:54 PM
I am a huge fan of the theory that he has six kids and is really trying to be a great parent.
great for his family but bad for being a top notch QB

boltaneer
10-29-2012, 03:37 PM

The first two are the real issues IMO.

1. Teams have figured out Norv's offense here, especially in the red zone.

2. The o-line is arguably the worst in the league, especially when Gaither is out, which seems like every other week now.

3. Meachem is just not working out here. I thought he'd be a poor man's Vincent Jackson but it's just not the case. Rivers and Meachum are not even close to being on the same page.

4. Gates looked like the Gates of old in pre-season but not sure what's happened to him since. He's supposedly healthy and lighter than he's been for a long time now.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take my 'chill pill' and not voice my opinion anymore. The Chargers will appreciate that.

24champ
10-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Got to wonder if Marty Schottenheimer is laughing his ass off at this point.

broncocalijohn
10-29-2012, 04:37 PM
It reminds me of the roids decline of Eric Gagne.

Why not say Shaun Merriman? This isn't all of Norv's fault. AJ, the general manager, brought in **** for top receiving and the Chargers are 2nd to last in receiver yards and receptions. They are much better to TE and running backs but those plays get old and stopped quickly especially when the OL is letting front 7 come marching in. They need a durable back to block or leave TE to help out. If Norv goes, it should be a package deal and take AJ with him.

delany
10-29-2012, 04:50 PM

2. The o-line is arguably the worst in the league, especially when Gaither is out, which seems like every other week now.

3. Meachem is just not working out here. I thought he'd be a poor man's Vincent Jackson but it's just not the case. Rivers and Meachum are not even close to being on the same page.

4. Gates looked like the Gates of old in pre-season but not sure what's happened to him since. He's supposedly healthy and lighter than he's been for a long time now.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take my 'chill pill' and not voice my opinion anymore. The Chargers will appreciate that.

Obviosuly there is plenty of blame to go around...but some of it needs to be directed at Rivers.

NFLBRONCO
10-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Obviosuly there is plenty of blame to go around...but some of it needs to be directed at Rivers.

Exactly

broncosteven
10-29-2012, 08:21 PM

In a lot of ways I thought Jackson made Rivers better than he is. Chuggers don't have any one who can go up and get a jump ball or back shoulder throw. Eddie Royal is garbage. Love watching VJ continue to play well for TB and meanwhile Rivers is exposed for what he is.

Also there is huge lack of a running threat. Teams can play the pass without worrying about LT, Turner, Sproles, or even Tolbert.

baja
10-29-2012, 08:33 PM
In a lot of ways I thought Jackson made Rivers better than he is. Chuggers don't have any one who can go up and get a jump ball or back shoulder throw. Eddie Royal is garbage. Love watching VJ continue to play well for TB and meanwhile Rivers is exposed for what he is.

Also there is huge lack of a running threat. Teams can play the pass without worrying about LT, Turner, Sproles, or even Tolbert.

Agree 100% this is exactly what has happened to Rivers he lost his supporting cast, a cast that made him better not the other way around.

SD got rid of the wrong player again in Brees.

If they would have just managed to keep Sproles things might be different in SD.

They had a great window to win a SB but it passed them bye. That's got to really hurt to a SD fn.

Old Dude
10-31-2012, 02:18 PM
The Chargers are only a game out of 1st with 9 games to go.

Bolts fans need to calm down and take a chill pill.

cmhargrove
10-31-2012, 02:42 PM

I agree also and have mentioned this many times before. Rivers has traditionally been excellent at getting rid of the ball, even when the timing or window was small. However, if you look at many of those throws, his receivers were well covered but made excellent plays on the ball. They took away too many of those great players and it finally had an impact. It makes it much easier to focus on 1-2 playmakers, rather than 3-4 each play.

cmhargrove
10-31-2012, 02:46 PM
The Chargers are only a game out of 1st with 9 games to go.

Bolts fans need to calm down and take a chill pill.

Scoring 2 field goals against the Browns is definitely a warning flag. This team isn't the same offensive juggernaut that it once was. They need to play almost mistake free to beat anyone these days. It's also going to start taking a bigger toll on their defense if the offense sucks this bad (Broncos fans know what that is like).

Tombstone RJ
10-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Why not say Shaun Merriman? This isn't all of Norv's fault. AJ, the general manager, brought in **** for top receiving and the Chargers are 2nd to last in receiver yards and receptions. They are much better to TE and running backs but those plays get old and stopped quickly especially when the OL is letting front 7 come marching in. They need a durable back to block or leave TE to help out. If Norv goes, it should be a package deal and take AJ with him.

This is the way I see it too. AJ Smith has not replaced the lost talent on this team. He's really done a bad job of drafting, and he's let great players leave like Darren Sproles and Vincent Jackson.

Rivers is fighting an uphill battle IMHO. He's got a subpar offensive line, and the defense is not very good either. Heck, even their special teams are bad. The reality is Rivers is overcompensating, trying to carry the team on his back and he's making mistakes.

I still think Rivers is a great QB, a franchise QB. I just don't think that Sandy Eggo has much talent and I think Norv Turner sucks as a HC.

fontaine
10-31-2012, 03:11 PM

I don't see it personally.

They have a very good young 3-4 defense, with Weddle playing at a very high level.

Their problems are based around the offense not being able to adjust to losing Jackson and Sproles and Rivers still playing loose.

You gotta believe they hire an offensive type of HC considering what a poor record JDR has with his offenses outside of mark brunell.

gyldenlove
10-31-2012, 03:17 PM

I think there are several elements to it, Rivers was best when he had a strong offensive line a good run game which would give him time in the pocket and force the defense to move up a safety. Rivers is not good with pressure in his face, and I think people have worked that out and have been consistently attacking the weak interior offensive line to make Rivers uncomfortable.

Lacking Sproles/Tomlinson to keep the linebackers honest and Gates having regressed significantly, he is just getting open the way he used to, the Chargers offense really doesn't have any way of punishing linebackers who drop into zone coverage.

Jackson brought an element to the Chargers offense that they just don't have anymore the deep ball, he was a big target with speed who could win a lot of 1 v 1 situations down the field either by pure speed or by outjumping a defender. Rivers throws a good deep ball but he needs a target and Meachem just isn't that guy.

The regression of Rivers can be traced back to the playcalling of Norv Turner and the overall loss of talent on the offense caused by poor front office decisions.

Br0nc0Buster
10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't see it personally.

They have a very good young 3-4 defense, with Weddle playing at a very high level.

Their problems are based around the offense not being able to adjust to losing Jackson and Sproles and Rivers still playing loose.
You gotta believe they hire an offensive type of HC considering what a poor record JDR has with his offenses outside of mark brunell.

I dont see many talking about this but I think these two are a big reason for Rivers struggles

Rivers cant just chuck down the field to giant receives or dump if off to Sproles anymore

So glad that guy is out of the division

Kaylore
10-31-2012, 03:22 PM
I dont see many talking about this but I think these two are a big reason for Rivers struggles

Rivers cant just chuck down the field to giant receives or dump if off to Sproles anymore

So glad that guy is out of the division

Totally agree. I was thrilled he left the division, let alone the Conference.

fontaine
10-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Totally agree. I was thrilled he left the division, let alone the Conference.

Bowe is next. Ha!

Old Dude
10-31-2012, 09:27 PM
If the Chargers can't beat the NFL's most pathetic team ... at home no less ... tomorrow night, then I would expect some heads to roll.

But nobody's that bad.

lonestar
10-31-2012, 10:18 PM
If the Chargers can't beat the NFL's most pathetic team ... at home no less ... tomorrow night, then I would expect some heads to roll.

But nobody's that bad.

they might be..

KC only has pride to play for now..

cutthemdown
10-31-2012, 10:39 PM
How could an owner fire Marty ball after a 14-2 season, then let Turner and Smith go 3 season with no playoffs? No way unless he truly just doesn't give a crap anymore. Chargers will get a brand new front office and coach. Big shake up coming.

boltaneer
10-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Chargers will win tomorrow just because it would be too good to get rid of Norv right now.

Back to my chill pill.

400HZ
10-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Norval is gone if the Chargers lose tomorrow night. Gone. Fineto. Done. Pink slip Friday morning. Spanos will have to make the move just to keep selling tickets. And honestly I hope we lose. I've been a fan through a lot of bad times, but this year has finally done it for me. Screw Spanos, screw AJ, screw Rivers, and **** Norv. I can't take it anymore.

I KNOW the Chargers are going to win tomorrow. KC hasn't led a game during regulation all year. They are one of the worst teams of all time. It just figures that Norv would get to face the worst team ever when he's finally inches from the cliff. Classic Norv. The Chargers will win and we'll be subject to three or four more weeks of ****ing Norv and I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

DENVERDUI55
10-31-2012, 11:29 PM

Gaither has always been hurt. Meachem like I said when you signed him. He didn't produce with Brees getting one on one coverage by #3 and #4 CB, so why would he produce getting #1 and #2 CB's with Rivers? Gates just is getting old quick. There are my 2 cents.

DENVERDUI55
10-31-2012, 11:33 PM
How could an owner fire Marty ball after a 14-2 season, then let Turner and Smith go 3 season with no playoffs? No way unless he truly just doesn't give a crap anymore. Chargers will get a brand new front office and coach. Big shake up coming.
I know they were really good that year. I honestly think they would of won a SB with Marty. I think a big reason for the decline is the firing of Marty and his ability to draft great. It's about the Jimmy and the Joes not the X's and O's.

pricejj
10-31-2012, 11:44 PM

The real loss was Wade Phillips as DC. That dude is a 3-4 genius back to his days as the Broncos DC.

Action
11-01-2012, 12:22 AM
hmmm..

Chargers win tomorrow
avantage: Norv's chances of staying increases.
disadvantage: Chiefs draft position goes up

Chiefs win tomorrow
advantage: Chiefs draft position goes down
disadvantage: Norv's chances of staying decreases

Broncos_OTM
11-01-2012, 12:22 AM
man we need atleast three more years of norv

lonestar
11-01-2012, 01:17 AM
I know they were really good that year. I honestly think they would of won a SB with Marty. I think a big reason for the decline is the firing of Marty and his ability to draft great. It's about the Jimmy and the Joes not the X's and O's.

That would have been contrary to all past performances. Marty was a great regular Eason coach. But folded like a cheap tent in gale force winds in the playoffs. Just ask John. He got him at least 3 times. Twice in Cle and iirc another time in KC or San.
The drive the fumble were both Cle fubars.

Iirc NE got him also.

Not so good when the chips are all on the table. Thus why he was fired after a 14-2 season.

cutthemdown
11-01-2012, 03:41 AM

Also they got to the point where it seemed to me, they let players go that were just too good. Really going all the way back to Brees, Micheal Turner, then obviously recently Sproles and Jackson.

When rival teams fans, us, are happy about your FA losses every yr something is wrong.

SD going to see some big big changes but I think the new coach keeps Rivers for sure. The run defense not that bad but they need some corners, a better oline, and help at WR. And a new coach.

cutthemdown
11-01-2012, 03:42 AM
The real loss was Wade Phillips as DC. That dude is a 3-4 genius back to his days as the Broncos DC.

No question about it. His defenses are always good.

zdoor
11-01-2012, 06:42 AM
man we need atleast three more years of norv

I'm with you... Lovin Norv in SD...

Rohirrim
11-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Like Jim Trotter said in SI, Spanos plays afraid. He'll make his move a year late, like he always does, and get rid of Norv at the end of the season. He'll probably keep Smith. He's gutless and cheap.

boltaneer
11-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Norval is gone if the Chargers lose tomorrow night. Gone. Fineto. Done. Pink slip Friday morning. Spanos will have to make the move just to keep selling tickets. And honestly I hope we lose. I've been a fan through a lot of bad times, but this year has finally done it for me. Screw Spanos, screw AJ, screw Rivers, and **** Norv. I can't take it anymore.

I KNOW the Chargers are going to win tomorrow. KC hasn't led a game during regulation all year. They are one of the worst teams of all time. It just figures that Norv would get to face the worst team ever when he's finally inches from the cliff. Classic Norv. The Chargers will win and we'll be subject to three or four more weeks of ****ing Norv and I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Best case scenario would be a ugly 3-0 Charger victory and Norv gets fired anyway. :rofl:

But they'll probably wind up destroying the Chiefs and this is going to be another November-December run where the front office gets confidence again in Norv and we'll have to endure him for the full season. Get ready for it.

Goobzilla
11-01-2012, 01:32 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/01/tonight-could-be-the-end-of-the-line-for-norv/

The Chargers have lost three straight games. The Chargers face on Thursday night the one-win Chiefs.

If the Chargers lose, coach Norv Turner could be done.

Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego believes that owner Dean Spanos will indeed pull the plug on the Norv Turner experiment, if the Chargers fall to 3-5 by losing to the 1-6 Chiefs. Acee also believes that the job would then go to special-teams coordinator Rich Bissacia for the balance of the season.

And if Bissacia turns the team around, who knows? He could secure the job beyond 2012 — and in turn save G.M. A.J. Smith’s.

If nothing else, it gives us a reason to watch tonight’s game. Surely, it may be the only reason. But it’s still a reason.

cmhargrove
11-01-2012, 02:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/01/tonight-could-be-the-end-of-the-line-for-norv/

The Chargers have lost three straight games. The Chargers face on Thursday night the one-win Chiefs.

If the Chargers lose, coach Norv Turner could be done.

Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego believes that owner Dean Spanos will indeed pull the plug on the Norv Turner experiment, if the Chargers fall to 3-5 by losing to the 1-6 Chiefs. Acee also believes that the job would then go to special-teams coordinator Rich Bissacia for the balance of the season.

And if Bissacia turns the team around, who knows? He could secure the job beyond 2012 ó and in turn save G.M. A.J. Smithís.

If nothing else, it gives us a reason to watch tonightís game. Surely, it may be the only reason. But itís still a reason.

Han't he been coaching at SD for six seasons already? Not sure how the author sees that as an experiment....

Old Dude
11-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Like Jim Trotter said in SI, Spanos plays afraid. He'll make his move a year late, like he always does, and get rid of Norv at the end of the season. He'll probably keep Smith. He's gutless and cheap.

A couple of the guys on NFL network also opined that Turner was unlikely to be fired mid-seaon no matter what happens, since the Chargers don't have anyone in the organization capable of acting as a "legit" interim coach - whatever that means.

I think it's all probably moot this week in any event because I can't see the hapless Chiefs beating anyone under any circumstances right now. The Chargers may be a mediocre team right now, but there's a long way between mediocre and paper sack masks.

400HZ
11-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Best case scenario would be a ugly 3-0 Charger victory and Norv gets fired anyway. :rofl:

But they'll probably wind up destroying the Chiefs and this is going to be another November-December run where the front office gets confidence again in Norv and we'll have to endure him for the full season. Get ready for it.

You feeling it too? It is inevitable. ****.

boltaneer
11-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I think there are several elements to it, Rivers was best when he had a strong offensive line a good run game which would give him time in the pocket and force the defense to move up a safety. Rivers is not good with pressure in his face, and I think people have worked that out and have been consistently attacking the weak interior offensive line to make Rivers uncomfortable.

Lacking Sproles/Tomlinson to keep the linebackers honest and Gates having regressed significantly, he is just getting open the way he used to, the Chargers offense really doesn't have any way of punishing linebackers who drop into zone coverage.

Jackson brought an element to the Chargers offense that they just don't have anymore the deep ball, he was a big target with speed who could win a lot of 1 v 1 situations down the field either by pure speed or by outjumping a defender. Rivers throws a good deep ball but he needs a target and Meachem just isn't that guy.

The regression of Rivers can be traced back to the playcalling of Norv Turner and the overall loss of talent on the offense caused by poor front office decisions.

The loss of playmakers on the offense hurts but Rivers has put up crazy numbers to bums out there in the past. This is not the main reason.

The playcalling, yes sometimes Norv dials up all the right plays but that's very rare. Most of the time, it's terrible. The o-line, is downright putrid. Put those together and it's a recipe for disaster. That's why Rivers mechanics are going downhill.

lonestar
11-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Guess we can put this rumor to bed far at least another week.

boltaneer
11-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Norvember is back...

Broncobiv
11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Too bad you can't pay the Chiefs every week. Remember this is the same Chargers squad that managed 2 FG's against the Brows last week.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Don't mind me, just testing my Avitar update out. Norv sucks..... extend him.

baja
11-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Too bad you can't pay the Chiefs every week. Remember this is the same Chargers squad that managed 2 FG's against the Brows last week.

The Browns are not that bad They have been in every game but one.

Broncobiv
11-01-2012, 11:05 PM
The Browns are not that bad They have been in every game but one.

True. But their defense?

Eagles scored 17
Bengals scored 34
Bills scored 24
Ravens scored 23
Giants scored 41
Bengals scored 24
Colts scored 17
Chargers scored 6

Which one stands out? ROFL!

baja
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
True. But their defense?

Eagles scored 17
Bengals scored 34
Bills scored 24
Ravens scored 23
Giants scored 41
Bengals scored 24
Colts scored 17
Chargers scored 6

Which one stands out? ROFL!

Point taken. Still I am not ready to start laughing at the Chargers just yet

DENVERDUI55
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Charges suck they have lost to every good team they have plated and lost to some bad teams.

baja
11-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Charges suck they have lost to every good team they have plated and lost to some bad teams.

They always suck the first half of the season.

baja
11-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I want the Raiders and the Chargers pushing the Broncos for the rest of the season.

lonestar
11-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I want the Raiders and the Chargers pushing the Broncos for the rest of the season.

should make for less chances of a trap game..