PDA

View Full Version : Your 2012-2013 General NBA Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RhymesayersDU
10-27-2012, 11:42 AM
I haven't been this excited for hoops in a long, long time. I've been waiting for this season to start the minute game 7 ended in Los Angeles last year. With that said, a few stories as we kick off a full NBA season...

http://www.sbirealty.com/fckeditor/images/Miami-Heat-NBA-champion-2012-516x340.jpg

Defending Champs: Cue the Star Wars "Evil Empire" music. They've added Ray Allen, which will be a tremendous help to them, the big three are all young, and quite frankly, who in the East is going to stop them? Seriously. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/497/346/lakers-600x600_display_image.jpg?1344709123

That brings us to these a-holes. The re-loaded Lakers. 0-7 in the preseason, but really, who cares? They're going to be good, and the inevitable showdown with the Thunder will be everything it's hyped up to be, I think.

http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nuggets-skyline-jersey.jpg

Which brings us to the young up-and-coming team in the association, your Denver Nuggets. I'm all-in on these guys. I am over the moon. The playoff series last year was some of the most fun I've had watching the Nuggets ever. Look, do I think they're a championship team this year? No. I'm thinking more along the lines of second-round exit. But the overall premise is that I think these guys are ridiculously young and on the right track. Masai Ujiri for executive of the year.

Other things to chew on:
-Thunder: What will happen with James Harden? There's no way they don't come to an agreement, right?
-Spurs/Celtics: How much longer can their old guns go for?
-Chicago: So much resting on DRose's ACL...
-New Orleans: How good will the 'Brow be this year? Is he a lock for ROY?
-Lastly, just to keep an old joke going: MAVEN?

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-27-2012, 11:45 AM
El contusion will be fine. Duncan looks younger now than 4 years ago. The rest of the team? Well they're young.

TonyR
10-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Good read on LeBron.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8555451/lebron-quest-immortallity

OrangeSe7en
10-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Good read on LeBron.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8555451/lebron-quest-immortallity

Troll

SoCalBronco
10-27-2012, 03:52 PM
I hope the Bulls and the Clippers do well.

oubronco
10-27-2012, 06:52 PM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/okc_wcc.jpg

KCStud
10-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Damnit OKC just traded James Harden. Oh well we had no choice. Better to get something for him.

TDmvp
10-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Damnit OKC just traded James Harden. Oh well we had no choice. Better to get something for him.

Wow . That blows. But I get what you mean about how hard it was going to be to keep him.

TDmvp
10-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick

What OKC ended up getting for J.H.

Lestat
10-27-2012, 08:33 PM
they can kiss that NBA title good bye until like 2014. they don't have the weapons to take out Miami,LA or SA by giving up Harden. unless Lamb and Jones III turn into studs this season.

oubronco
10-27-2012, 08:34 PM

He turned down a 4 yr 52 million extension so they got what they could

maher_tyler
10-27-2012, 08:38 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2210147611/twitter_logo.jpg

SoCalBronco
10-27-2012, 08:39 PM

Go Bulls! I hope they re-sign Taj Gibson.

Lestat

we need another star to pair with Rose.
Carlos Boozer's weak ass ain't going to cut it.

oubronco
http://ideasinspiringinnovation.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/logo_chicago-bulls-61-e1263766676157.png?w=225&h=225

maher_tyler
they can kiss that NBA title good bye until like 2014. they don't have the weapons to take out Miami,LA or SA by giving up Harden. unless Lamb and Jones III turn into studs this season.

Lamb was a beast at UConn.

maher_tyler
10-27-2012, 08:42 PM
we need another star to pair with Rose.
Carlos Boozer's weak ass ain't going to cut it.

Totally agree man. He's been way to inconsistent since he got to Chicago. To soft on D and not aggressive enough on O. Not worth nearly what he's getting paid. Wish they would have brought in Amare Stoudemire instead.

ZONA
10-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Always fun to watch the NBA. My Suns are now void of any real star player and with only a handful of decent role players, I hope they finally suck bad enough to get a top 3 pick or so. Ever since Amare left they've been just good enough to be middle of the road and that never amounts to any pick worth a damn it seems. I already know it's going to be a long and painful season to watch them.

I really only see this coming down to 3 teams.

Heat
Thunder
Lakers

There will be a few other teams in the mix that are really good but just don't have enough.

Bulls
Spurs

maven
10-27-2012, 09:03 PM
BACK TO BACK CHIPS

YOOOOOUUUUUURRRRRRR. MIAMI HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTT

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

maven
10-27-2012, 09:05 PM
http://nbasoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Miami-Heat-20101.png

maven
10-27-2012, 09:08 PM
http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/chucksta/sm2/384018.jpg

maven
10-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Ahhhhhh yahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Another chip coming to South Beach!

maven
10-27-2012, 09:15 PM
interesting trade by the Thunder. Nice pics and prospects back, but Harden gives u a chance to win now.

Lestat
10-27-2012, 09:32 PM

yeah and he'll eventually be one in the NBA. but this is a team trying to win a championship now. he likely won't get enough run unless he just wows early one.

Totally agree man. He's been way to inconsistent since he got to Chicago. To soft on D and not aggressive enough on O. Not worth nearly what he's getting paid. Wish they would have brought in Amare Stoudemire instead.

the stupid ass hawks ****ed **** up.
we had Joe Johnson for 4 years 60 mil until the Hawks maxed him. we would have had Rose,JJ & Boozer as the top three.

i honestly hope with Rose out that we suck and got a top pick to get a star to pair with him but i doubt the team or Thibs would do such a thing.

KCStud
10-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Really not a bad deal at all. Thunder get two 1st round picks and some decent talent for the bench.

Thunder may not be in prime position this year, but the future is set up beautifully. Presti has proven he's a BAMF in the draft. Two more 1st round picks will come in handy in time.

ZONA
10-27-2012, 10:13 PM
interesting trade by the Thunder. Nice pics and prospects back, but Harden gives u a chance to win now.

Because nothing says I'm bored quite like 5 separate replies in a row before the next person posts something else.

maven
10-27-2012, 10:23 PM
He turned down a 4 yr 52 million extension so they got what they could

So the thunder couldn't pony up an extra 8 million for 23year old James harden?

maven
10-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Really not a bad deal at all. Thunder get two 1st round picks and some decent talent for the bench.

Thunder may not be in prime position this year, but the future is set up beautifully. Presti has proven he's a BAMF in the draft. Two more 1st round picks will come in handy in time.

It's a big ****ing gamble

KCStud
10-27-2012, 11:06 PM
It's a big ****ing gamble

Presti=best talent evaluator in the league.

2007=KD
2008=Westbrook and Ibaka
2009=Harden

Yeah I have no problem trusting him to draft players.

maven
10-27-2012, 11:21 PM

2007=KD
2008=Westbrook and Ibaka
2009=Harden

I would be mad if I was a thunder chicken fan. Kevin Martin sucks, Lamb could be a good player in a couple of years, and the picks can turn into cole aldrichs

ROFL!

Thunder chickens gave up. scared of the heat.

LOL

must feel good to be a laker fan right now

maven
10-27-2012, 11:31 PM
I know Lin has been sucking the balls in preseason but I'd like see Lin/harden backcourt

wolf754life
10-27-2012, 11:57 PM
long season, going to miss hardens D and energy off bench.

ZONA
10-28-2012, 12:00 AM

2007=KD
2008=Westbrook and Ibaka
2009=Harden

I would have to agree - he's drafted awesome. Ibaka is a very underrated player IMO. Not only is he drafting skilled players but they're all athletic and skilled.

*WARHORSE*
10-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Yeah, the Celtics got put out by Miami in seven............they wont be in the mix.

Too old.

They dont have much of a bench either.

Terry.

Sullinger.

Bradley.

Green.

Collins.

Not much there to be concerned.

Pierce cant score anymore.......

Garnett isnt a warrior anymore........

Rondo isnt the man..........

Yeah.

Celtics wont be there.

:ninja:

RhymesayersDU
10-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Was shocked to see the news about Harden last night.

I think the Thunder got worse short term, BUT as has been stated, I would trust Presti about anything basketball related.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-28-2012, 01:43 PM

2007=KD
2008=Westbrook and Ibaka
2009=Harden

RC Buford is the best. Which is exactly who Presti got his FO skills from. Some of Presti's picks were high draft picks. Buford hasn't had a high pick in years.

Aftermath
10-28-2012, 01:49 PM
I hate the trade. Hope one of the picks is top 5. OKC are cheapasses.

OrangeSe7en
10-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Go Bulls! I hope they re-sign Taj Gibson.

Yeah, I think if Rose hadn't been injured, they would have terminated Boozer's. I think Boozer will eventually be amnestied.

bombay
10-28-2012, 07:38 PM

Yeah, Lamb is a very good young player. I think OKC did ok. Wouldn't be surprised if they move Martin.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-28-2012, 08:27 PM
That brings us to these a-holes....

....and that's where your thread started to suck. :thumbsdow

maven
10-28-2012, 11:26 PM
I hate the trade. Hope one of the picks is top 5. OKC are cheapasses.

What about chemistry? playing together. The ups and downs. A very young core team that made the NBA Finals. won a game. And one of the huge cogs that helped get the thunder to the finals is gone.

amazing

KCStud
10-29-2012, 12:17 AM
How is OKC cheap? They gave 2 max contracts to their 2 best players, KD and Westbrook.
They also gave a deal to Ibaka for $48 million dollars. And they couldn't offer Harden the max $60 million dollar limit, so they gave him a generous $55 million dollar offer and he refused.

You can't just hand out max contracts to everbody. That's why there is a salary cap.

Oh and fyi, Harden shot 38% and had 14 PPG as a starter. That's not max contract worthy..

LongDongJohnson
10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
As a guy from Washington, i'm a diehard Wiz fan. I rooted hard for Miami the last two playoffs because I'm a LeBron fan (Best player in the NBA hands down).

I had high hopes back in early August. Then I hear that both John Wall and Nene are injured. My hopes are shattered. If we can hover around .500 by the time both those guys get back then maybe we might have a chance for the playoffs.

If not then hopefully we suck hard (like we usually do) and get another top 3 pick. We already have Wall and Bradley Beal has looked sharp. Having another young stud would be nice. Just need to hope that Wall doesnt leave town in the next few years.

I hope the Wizards GM realizes by now that you dont draft european stick men with top 6 draft picks. We picked Jan Vesely last summer and man, he sucks. I wish we had the Nuggets Kenneth Farried.

LongDongJohnson
10-29-2012, 12:40 AM
What about chemistry? playing together. The ups and downs. A very young core team that made the NBA Finals. won a game. And one of the huge cogs that helped get the thunder to the finals is gone.

amazing

I think Harden is overrated and will be a bust in Houston. He's not worth a max contract.

It's a good deal for the Thunder. Get a quality 20+ ppg scorer, a good young prospect, and loads of draft picks.

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Lets go Cavs!

swaiy
10-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Time for the Heat to begin on the road to a repeat! :strong:

DBroncos4life
10-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Dion Waitors!! For a guy that most people think was a bust pick, he seems to make the Cavs better. Hopefully he keeps improving.

RedskinBronco
10-30-2012, 05:37 PM
As a guy from Washington, i'm a diehard Wiz fan. I rooted hard for Miami the last two playoffs because I'm a LeBron fan (Best player in the NBA hands down).

I had high hopes back in early August. Then I hear that both John Wall and Nene are injured. My hopes are shattered. If we can hover around .500 by the time both those guys get back then maybe we might have a chance for the playoffs.

If not then hopefully we suck hard (like we usually do) and get another top 3 pick. We already have Wall and Bradley Beal has looked sharp. Having another young stud would be nice. Just need to hope that Wall doesnt leave town in the next few years.

I hope the Wizards GM realizes by now that you dont draft european stick men with top 6 draft picks. We picked Jan Vesely last summer and man, he sucks. I wish we had the Nuggets Kenneth Farried.

Ouch, my condolences. As if all other washington teams don't fail enough, you got this embarrassment of a franchise.

I am not a wiz fan (the only team in DC that I really don't follow), but they fit the DC sports scene perfectly. Only a couple of more years until they make the playoffs and fail like the caps and nats.

maven
10-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Heat going 82-0

:strong:

maven
10-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I think Harden is overrated and will be a bust in Houston. He's not worth a max contract.

It's a good deal for the Thunder. Get a quality 20+ ppg scorer, a good young prospect, and loads of draft picks.

Want to add a little fear to Thunder fans. The trade could work greatly or suck ass.

ROFL!

SonOfLe-loLang
10-30-2012, 09:06 PM
How is OKC cheap? They gave 2 max contracts to their 2 best players, KD and Westbrook.
They also gave a deal to Ibaka for $48 million dollars. And they couldn't offer Harden the max $60 million dollar limit, so they gave him a generous $55 million dollar offer and he refused.

You can't just hand out max contracts to everbody. That's why there is a salary cap.

Oh and fyi, Harden shot 38% and had 14 PPG as a starter. That's not max contract worthy..

They could have...and amnestied perkins. That woulda been a scary 4 for years.

KCStud
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Want to add a little fear to Thunder fans. The trade could work greatly or suck ass.

ROFL!

We got a lottery pick from Houston. How about you take a look at Presti's record with lottery picks.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-30-2012, 10:32 PM
We got a lottery pick from Houston. How about you take a look at Presti's record with lottery picks.

its torontos and it'll probably be 10-13 (durant, harden, westbrook were 2-3-4 respectively)....or you could have kept a 23 year old stud that didnt mind being the third wheel and only woulda gotten better. Time will tell, but lets not pretend this was the obvious move.

RhymesayersDU
10-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Very glad to hear the Nuggets got Ty's contract worked out.

ludo21
10-31-2012, 09:20 AM
SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving on from the Nash era with a good "team". Might take a while to blend together but it will be fun to watch for die hards.

My up and comer team that will probably take the 8 seed....

Golden State Warriors, they have quite the roster of talent. Watch out for them this year

ludo21
10-31-2012, 09:21 AM
oh yeah and OKC was cheap and stupid and will pay for that down the road..... unless Kevin Martin plays not like himself

maven
10-31-2012, 11:50 AM
its torontos and it'll probably be 10-13 (durant, harden, westbrook were 2-3-4 respectively)....or you could have kept a 23 year old stud that didnt mind being the third wheel and only woulda gotten better. Time will tell, but lets not pretend this was the obvious move.

Toronto could make the 8th seed this year. Harden would do whatever it takes to win so if coming off the bench so be it. Kevin Martin is a rental who is playing in a contract year. He's either trade bait or will play out his contract and move on. Lamb reminds me of a young Kevin Martin. Also, look at the SG's under 30 out there. There ain't ****, yet the Thunder felt the need to move one of the best SG's under 30.

maven
10-31-2012, 11:51 AM
SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving on from the Nash era with a good "team". Might take a while to blend together but it will be fun to watch for die hards.

My up and comer team that will probably take the 8 seed....

Golden State Warriors, they have quite the roster of talent. Watch out for them this year

Suns were lucky Gordon was matched, since he is yet again out forever.

maven
10-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Very glad to hear the Nuggets got Ty's contract worked out.

It's a good move for the Nuggets, though the problem I see with them still is no superstar to take over.

KCStud
10-31-2012, 12:08 PM

Harden left mainly because he wanted to be a starter and prove he can be the guy for an NBA team. No shame in that.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Harden left mainly because he wanted to be a starter and prove he can be the guy for an NBA team. No shame in that.

Not sure that thats true, but i dont blame him for wanting to be paid like one.

maven
10-31-2012, 02:08 PM
Not sure that thats true, but i dont blame him for wanting to be paid like one.

Houston was able to sign him for 5 years, $80 million. Houston can also sign another max player this summer.

KCStud
10-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Harden is a BAMF. Even if it is the Pistons, only 4 players have put up the stats that Harden did tonight since 1985.

Harden is a starter. There should be no question about that. Good for him.

maven
11-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Harden is a BAMF. Even if it is the Pistons, only 4 players have put up the stats that Harden did tonight since 1985.

Harden is a starter. There should be no question about that. Good for him.

Long season, but I'm sure the Rockets are gunning for at least an 8th seed. That would be an excellent season for them to make the playoffs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 10:46 AM

Harden left for money. To think otherwise is naive. But thunder actually got a bit better IMO. Lamb is gonna surprise alot of people. Dude is shutdown D. With those draft picks This trade assures thunder will be toward the top of the league for a decade or so. Long term success. Presti got that from the spurs. Building for Long term success.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Harden left for money. To think otherwise is naive. But thunder actually got a bit better IMO. Lamb is gonna surprise alot of people. Dude is shutdown D. With those draft picks This trade assures thunder will be toward the top of the league for a decade or so. Long term success. Presti got that from the spurs. Building for Long term success.

Better? Did you see Harden play last night? You can argue there wont be a huge dropoff (we'll see), but BETTER?

maven
11-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Better? Did you see Harden play last night? You can argue there wont be a huge dropoff (we'll see), but BETTER?

Anyone who thinks the Thunder got better...

23 year old young buck SG was traded because the Thunder didn't want to pay. And what did they receive. Potential...

maven
11-01-2012, 11:30 AM
And this guy is going to lead the Lakers to the promise land.

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/mikeborwnwhat_1.gif

maven
11-01-2012, 11:31 AM
ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

ludo21
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
hate to agree with maven but the heat are a shoo-in for the eastern conference

KCStud
11-01-2012, 01:38 PM
We're gonna see a repeat of the Finals.

No way the Lakers beat the Thunder. Steve Nash got dominated by Darren freaking Collison. Russell Westbrook is going to own him up and down the floor.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 02:10 PM

One game. I saw what he did in the Finals too. He puts those numbers up all year then hell ya. Harden is good don't get me wrong but in the long run Thunder will benefit from this

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Anyone who thinks the Thunder got better...

23 year old young buck SG was traded because the Thunder didn't want to pay. And what did they receive. Potential...

I'd take several drafts and years of Presti "potential"

Apparently I'm not the only one thinking this. I'm saying better for them over the next 10 years. Which is what "long term success" means.

maven
11-01-2012, 02:28 PM
We're gonna see a repeat of the Finals.

No way the Lakers beat the Thunder. Steve Nash got dominated by Darren freaking Collison. Russell Westbrook is going to own him up and down the floor.

He's old. The shoe is gonna fall off one day. Could be now.

maven
11-01-2012, 02:31 PM

Apparently I'm not the only one thinking this. I'm saying better for them over the next 10 years. Which is what "long term success" means.

Yes, they could potentially get better. Really interesting to see such a young core get busted up so early after reaching the NBA Finals. Im happy for the trade. No complaints here.ROFL!

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2012, 03:00 PM

OK, enjoy Jeremy Lamb and the 10th pick overall.

I'll take the 23 year old proven stud. How is this better for "long term success"

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 03:22 PM
OK, enjoy Jeremy Lamb and the 10th pick overall.

I'll take the 23 year old proven stud. How is this better for "long term success"

Ill take neither. As I'm not a thunder fan or a rockets fan. Long term success means they kept the players they wanted. Their big 3 is just fine and will be set for years. Multiple draft picks in the future gives them room to do other things than just recieve a really late pick in the rounds. And when you have a GM that knows how to evaluate talent it's even better

I need to see more from him to say he's a superstar. Superstars don't lay eggs in the finals. He looked horrible and was one of the reasons why thunder lost. The other reason was going up against a mad man who was determined to win a trophy. Lebron became Lebron those last 2 series.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Ill take neither. As I'm not a thunder fan or a rockets fan. Long term success means they kept the players they wanted. Their big 3 is just fine and will be set for years. Multiple draft picks in the future gives them room to do other things than just recieve a really late pick in the rounds. And when you have a GM that knows how to evaluate talent it's even better

I need to see more from him to say he's a superstar. Superstars don't lay eggs in the finals. He looked horrible and was one of the reasons why thunder lost. The other reason was going up against a mad man who was determined to win a trophy. Lebron became Lebron those last 2 series.

ONE finals performance does not a player make. Not to mention, HES 23!!! Plus, Lebron was already amazing before those performances, people just love to simplify their arguments by basing them on simple winning and losing.

And yes, Presti is a good evaluator, but his core three were the 2,3,4 picks in the draft, so lets not pretend he got them all from the scrap heap. 23 year old studs dont grow on trees, especially ones who seemed OK taking a back seat and turning it on when needed.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 03:50 PM
ONE finals performance does not a player make. Not to mention, HES 23!!! Plus, Lebron was already amazing before those performances, people just love to simplify their arguments by basing them on simple winning and losing.

And yes, Presti is a good evaluator, but his core three were the 2,3,4 picks in the draft, so lets not pretend he got them all from the scrap heap. 23 year old studs dont grow on trees, especially ones who seemed OK taking a back seat and turning it on when needed.

Those are good points. Time will tell. Hopefully they'll all stink it up as I'm a spurs fan and houston and thunder getting better just blows. Ha!

DBroncos4life
11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Who cares about the Thunders old young up in comers! We should be talking about the Cavs Big four in TT, Waiters, Zeller, and Irving!

maven
11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Their big 3 is just fine and will be set for years

Big 3?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0y0bnNiTH1qhge4wo3_250.gif

maven
11-01-2012, 04:22 PM
hate to agree with maven but the heat are a shoo-in for the eastern conference

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97jxuvy4r1rncedy.gif

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Big 3?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0y0bnNiTH1qhge4wo3_250.gif

Yep. I would take Russell Durant and ibaka as a core

How come you don't use the same type of AV the other chicks that post on this site do?

DBroncos4life
11-01-2012, 04:41 PM

How come you don't use the same type of AV the other chicks that post on this site do?
The girls are part of some club. There was a thread about it years ago.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 04:45 PM
The girls are part of some club. There was a thread about it years ago.

I've always wondered what those AVs meant. Guess Maven wasn't included or she didnt want to be in it

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2012, 05:07 PM

Ibaka has a LONG way to go before he's a big anything

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Ibaka has a LONG way to go before he's a big anything

That's true. But I've seen enough of him last year in the Spurs series. Don't want to see that again

maven
11-01-2012, 05:56 PM

Ibaka? ROFL! He's ****. ROFL! And you probably take it up the ass too fag boy. You gonna tell us all about how good the Spurs are again fag boy? Lets hear your queer thoughts about how goooood they are gonna be.

ROFL!

RhymesayersDU
11-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Yawn.

DBroncos4life
11-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Ibaka? ROFL! He's ****. ROFL! And you probably take it up the ass too fag boy. You gonna tell us all about how good the Spurs are again fag boy? Lets hear your queer thoughts about how goooood they are gonna be.

ROFL!

I got warned for saying someone is fag lol. This site is awsome Ha!

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM

ROFL!

Wow I must've touched a nerve. Have fun getting banned. Real ladies don't talk that way. Either that or you're extremely upset I mistaken your feminine posts and your actually a dude.

DBroncos4life
11-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Wow I must've touched a nerve. Have fun getting banned

Banned? **** the dude is going to be the next mod.

bombay
11-01-2012, 06:54 PM
I didn't know Thabeet was in OKC. Pretty good defensive player.

bombay
11-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I think this depth thing with the Nuggets is out of control. I'd like to see them package Wilson Chandler, Mozgov or Koufous, and maybe Jordan Hamilton for a real scorer. A swing player that can shoot in the high thirties from 3. Clear up some of the clutter and add a usable part.

New Orleans needs NBA quality players, and the Nuggets need Bradley Beal.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Banned? **** the dude is going to be the next mod.

So when someone gets banned does not all 3 icons show up under the AV?

DBroncos4life
11-01-2012, 07:26 PM
So when someone gets banned does not all 3 icons show up under the AV?

Yeah he is banned.

SoonerBronco
11-01-2012, 09:52 PM

ROFL!

Wow...internet tough guy right here.

SoCalBronco
11-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Lakers are 0-3. Hahahaha....awesome.

gunns
11-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Lakers are 0-3. Hahahaha....awesome.

Yes it is.

RhymesayersDU
11-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Nuggies home opener tonight, should be a lot of fun. Have tix as part of my 10-game plan. Finally getting a win!

Jason in LA
11-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Mike Brown won't last long. Only thing keeping him there is Jim Buss' ego.

SoCalBronco
11-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Mike Brown won't last long. Only thing keeping him there is Jim Buss' ego.

While I'm enjoying seeing the Lakers play poorly so far, its pretty clear that like Miami that first season they were together (I think they started out like 9-8 or something), I think the chemistry will obviously improve over time (and their comfortability in their new offense). There is too much talent there for it not too...although I've noticed that Howard is a minus player on most nights even though he puts up good stats and Nash is often a minus player as well when he's on the court. 1-4 is a poor start, but I think they will obviously turn it around with some more time......unfortunately.

ludo21
11-08-2012, 08:59 AM
i hope the lakers start 1-81

bombay
11-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Lakers fired Mike Brown.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Talk about scapegoating

colorado jones
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Lakers fired Mike Brown.

Color me not shocked.

Kaylore
11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't think the Princeton offense matched the way they are built, but talk about a complete mishandling by the front office.

NFLBRONCO
11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Mike was always a stupid hire. Let's be real even superstar teams take awhile to hit their groove def more then 5 games.

24champ
11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Glad he got fired, its been a long time coming. 1-4 is completely unacceptable with this team.

24champ
11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Mike was always a stupid hire. Let's be real even superstar teams take awhile to hit their groove def more then 5 games.

It goes back to last year, Mike Brown would get outcoached in just about every game.

24champ
11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Phil cancels business conf. in Chicago happening next week.

November 08, 2012
Alan Alda Replacing Phil Jackson At Schwab IMPACT
In a last-minute development, actor Alan Alda will replace famed basketball coach Phil Jackson as the keynote speaker on the closing day of the annual Schwab Advisor Services IMPACT conference in Chicago next week, according to Bernie Clark, executive vice president, national sales manager of Schwab Advisor Services.

http://www.fa-mag.com/fa-news/12863-alan-alda-replacing-phil-jackson-at-schwab-impact-.html

ludo21
11-09-2012, 11:27 AM
phil would come back to ride the cotails for another 'ship LOL

socalorado
11-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Phil cancels business conf. in Chicago happening next week.

http://www.fa-mag.com/fa-news/12863-alan-alda-replacing-phil-jackson-at-schwab-impact-.html

Please come back Zen Master.

oubronco
11-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Report: Lakers say 95 percent chance they hire Jackson (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/phil-jackson-los-angeles-lakers-coach-111012)

Aftermath
11-11-2012, 12:21 AM
phil would come back to ride the cotails for another 'ship LOL

True. I hate the Lakers and Phil so much. I actually just got proposed Durant for Kobe and Evan Turner in my fantasy league, I really want to do it but I like Turner. What your think?

gunns
11-12-2012, 06:29 AM
The Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

Phil reported to be "stunned"

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8622878/stunned-phil-jackson-was-prepared-return-los-angeles-lakers-source-says

RhymesayersDU
11-12-2012, 06:38 AM
This is going to be interesting. I do like reuniting Nash and D'Antoni.

24champ
11-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Up and Down 7 second offense trumps Triangle offense.

Also probably means Gasol is a goner soon.

SoCalBronco
11-12-2012, 11:31 AM
No defense means no championship for you, 24.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-12-2012, 11:43 AM
This team will defend better than PHX D'Antoni teams because they still have Howard/Gasol protecting the rim. Those PHX teams had Amare, who is allergic to defense.

Its an interesting hire, but with Nash running the show now, I expect them to have success

socalorado
11-12-2012, 11:49 AM
This team will defend better than PHX D'Antoni teams because they still have Howard/Gasol protecting the rim. Those PHX teams had Amare, who is allergic to defense.

Its an interesting hire, but with Nash running the show now, I expect them to have success

I agree. What? Suddenly Howard and Gasol forget how to play defense?
I think the biggest issue now is the ability of these older players to stay
healthy in this offense all season long. Very fast paced.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-13-2012, 08:05 AM
How's James harden doing after those first 2 performances? Not so good. Teams have film on him and he's now only shooting in the 30 percent range. Ignored the media last night after doinking several shots. Ha!

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Popovich rests 4 starters against the heat. 2 more are out injured. Heat must be sucking to keep the end of the spurs bench in the game still. This should be a heat blowout.

DBroncos4life
11-29-2012, 06:30 PM
The Cavs are about to come out of this funk and set the NBA on fire. :rofl: Clearly they are just playing bad to get the Zeller brothers together. Then hire Phil Jackson and poof enter decade of dominance.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-29-2012, 08:27 PM
So Stern is all pissed off that the Spurs rested everyone. Pretty funny they almost won the game. Stern needs to quit scheduling games like the ones the Spurs been playing. 4 games in 5 nights is ridiculous. Popovich doesn't care what Stern thinks.

RhymesayersDU
11-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah Stern's wrong here. I get that he's upset since it was a big TV game, but a coach can do what he wants with his roster.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah Stern's wrong here. I get that he's upset since it was a big TV game, but a coach can do what he wants with his roster.

Crazy thing is the spurs kept it competitive the entire game. Was in the lead with a minute left until Ray Allen hit that 3. Will be interesting to see the punishment they get. Im gonna assume spurs get no love from the refs in the next few weeks. Ha!

swaiy
11-29-2012, 08:58 PM
How can he punish the Spurs for NOT breaking any rules. He just looks like a money hungry bastard to me. It sucks for the fans but it comes with the game. Had this not been a marquee match up on primetime against a lesser team, there would be no problem.

Sports have become so full of **** lately. The people at the top just abuse the rules for the sake of money.

Stern: "hingadingadervinnnnn. All your fanbase are belong to me. Gonna punish you for somethimg not against the rules and then make it a new rule for next year. Derp."

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-29-2012, 09:16 PM
How can he punish the Spurs for NOT breaking any rules. He just looks like a money hungry bastard to me. It sucks for the fans but it comes with the game. Had this not been a marquee match up on primetime against a lesser team, there would be no problem.

Sports have become so full of **** lately. The people at the top just abuse the rules for the sake of money.

Stern: "hingadingadervinnnnn. All your fanbase are belong to me. Gonna punish you for somethimg not against the rules and then make it a new rule for next year. Derp."

Exactly. Popovich does this last night instead of tonight and its a non story with no punishment. Pop has done this before and nothing happened. It was a bit more extreme since Stephen Jackson and Leonard are both out with injury. If anything it shows how a team can play with 100% effort. That team hung in there all game. Usually they sit all game at the end of the bench.

spdirty
11-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Would have been real funny had the Spurs won.

RhymesayersDU
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Well, wild game just wrapped up in Golden State.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Would have been real funny had the Spurs won.

The funny thing is there's half the league putting up a horrible product every single night. Washington? Where's their sanctions. Popovich sat out 6 players yet still put a quality product on the court. Something Stern has no idea how to do. Pop just showed Stern how a real coach gets production from the end of the bench.

RhymesayersDU
11-30-2012, 08:42 AM
I get that Stern is upset that a big time TV game could have been ruined, though it wasn't.

My problem is him trying to legislate the issue. Can he make a rule that a player HAS to play? And then what? How many minutes? I don't see how he can do that.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-30-2012, 08:58 AM
I get that Stern is upset that a big time TV game could have been ruined, though it wasn't.

My problem is him trying to legislate the issue. Can he make a rule that a player HAS to play? And then what? How many minutes? I don't see how he can do that.

Exactly. Where's the line. What's to stop him from demanding Washington or Cleveland make personnel moves to get better? Pop had a better team out there than half the league. In these last Stern days I expect more tyranny from him.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
I think Stern shot from the hip and will think better of his "sanctions" statement...its a slippery slope.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I think Stern shot from the hip and will think better of his "sanctions" statement...its a slippery slope.

He expected a blowout instead of a competitive game. Underestimated Pop and the Spurs bench. So now it backfires in Sterns face. He may have had a tiny bit of leverage had the Spurs been blown out of the building. Probably should've waited until after the game to make his Chavez type reaction.

RhymesayersDU
11-30-2012, 09:28 AM
He expected a blowout instead of a competitive game. Underestimated Pop and the Spurs bench. So now it backfires in Sterns face. He may have had a tiny bit of leverage had the Spurs been blown out of the building. Probably should've waited until after the game to make his Chavez type reaction.

Well "backfires" is an interesting comment. Twitter was buzzing last night about a November NBA game. Today it was discussed in my office a bit. Stern even had me, a fan of a rivaling Western Conference team, rooting for the Spurs.

Maybe, just maybe, he knew what he was doing. I don't know. I do know that this is the most attention the NBA has gotten in November from casual NBA/sports fans in a long time.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Well "backfires" is an interesting comment. Twitter was buzzing last night about a November NBA game. Today it was discussed in my office a bit. Stern even had me, a fan of a rivaling Western Conference team, rooting for the Spurs.

Maybe, just maybe, he knew what he was doing. I don't know. I do know that this is the most attention the NBA has gotten in November from casual NBA/sports fans in a long time.

Ya that's true. Although I assume he'd want the attention to be positive. But it's Stern we're talking about so even negative attention is still attention according to him.

Memphis always plays the Spurs tough so we will see if resting will help them win on Saturday. They'll still be 2 key players short though

ludo21
11-30-2012, 10:12 AM
nba should NOT start til December.

just another shot to get some headlines by douche Stern.

I hated the Spurs for soooo many years, but man o man do I respect Popovich

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-30-2012, 10:16 AM
nba should NOT start til December.

just another shot to get some headlines by douche Stern.

I hated the Spurs for soooo many years, but man o man do I respect Popovich

Pop was hilarious when Barkley was interviewing him. Cut him off at 3 questions. Haha

RhymesayersDU
11-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Ya that's true. Although I assume he'd want the attention to be positive. But it's Stern we're talking about so even negative attention is still attention according to him.

Memphis always plays the Spurs tough so we will see if resting will help them win on Saturday. They'll still be 2 key players short though

Well again, I don't think the attention is negative per se. People think he's dumb, but to be honest, people hate Goodell too. Popovich/The Spurs have been praised for the move. If Stern plays a "villain" but people like the players/coaches/teams, I don't think that's necessarily negative.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Spurs fined 250,000 dollars. The NBA is officially a sham now. This isn't the first time Pop has done this. Where were the fines then? Portland. Golden State. Where was Stern for those games? Those games weren't on TNT so Stern ignores those times they all rested.

I can't wait for Pop to do it again. Cause he will. Instead of sending them home he will start them. Then immediately call a time out a couple minutes into the game. Sit them for the rest of the game. What will stern do then? Fine them for playing minimal minutes??

ludo21
11-30-2012, 04:20 PM
what a disgrace.

I doubt Pop does it again, he will at least bring them to the game i'd bet

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-30-2012, 04:39 PM
what a disgrace.

I doubt Pop does it again, he will at least bring them to the game i'd bet

Possibly. Although the foundation of the fine is the players not playing. So if they travel and still sit its the same results. I hope Pop does it again. I shared a bottle of wine with him and his family in the secret room at Sardine Factory. The guy is hilarious.

24champ
12-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Jamison found the fountain of youth tonight. Torching the Nuggets with 33 points.

Also Stern is competing with Bettman as the worst commissioner of all the sports.

oubronco
12-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Well if Stern and the league didn't schedule so many back to back to back to back games the Spurs wouldn't feel the need to rest players

So what happens when players get hurt from playing so many nights with no rest do they get to fine Stern?

OBF1
12-01-2012, 09:02 AM

The point is that the Spurs sat all of the starters, not any one individual. What is the difference between this and a game 4 of the the NFL preseason???

Everyone that buys season tickets complain that they have to pay full price to see what is basically a practice... no difference here. I agree with the fine.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Everyone that buys season tickets complain that they have to pay full price to see what is basically a practice... no difference here. I agree with the fine.

Did you watch the game? It was more competitive than half the games put on TV every night. Stern expected a 120-65 type game. Spurs were up by 4 with a little over a minute to go. That was a better product than any of the 82 games the NBA is putting out for the Wizards.

Bruce Hermansen Fan
12-01-2012, 09:55 PM
NBA's newest budding star.

http://counterkicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/patrick-patterson-peak-endorsement.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
12-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Spurs fined 250,000 dollars. The NBA is officially a sham now. This isn't the first time Pop has done this. Where were the fines then? Portland. Golden State. Where was Stern for those games? Those games weren't on TNT so Stern ignores those times they all rested.

I can't wait for Pop to do it again. Cause he will. Instead of sending them home he will start them. Then immediately call a time out a couple minutes into the game. Sit them for the rest of the game. What will stern do then? Fine them for playing minimal minutes??

A sham? You'll forget about this next week.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Jamison found the fountain of youth tonight. Torching the Nuggets with 33 points.

Also Stern is competing with Bettman as the worst commissioner of all the sports.

uhhhh, they arent in the same league. Stern oversaw the growth of the NBA and Bettman absolutely sank the NHL

Bruce Hermansen Fan
12-02-2012, 12:00 AM
uhhhh, they arent in the same league. Stern oversaw the growth of the NBA and Bettman absolutely sank the NHL

Bird and Magic were already building the NBA before Stern took over in 1984.

Bird, Magic and Jordan were responsible for the growth of the Association in the 1980s and 1990s. Stern just so happened to be sitting in the Commissioners chair. Some one had to be sitting in the seat.

RhymesayersDU
12-02-2012, 07:35 AM
The point is that the Spurs sat all of the starters, not any one individual. What is the difference between this and a game 4 of the the NFL preseason???

Yeah, top to bottom this is all pretty false.

You know why people hate the preseason? Because it doesn't count for anything. The outcomes of the game mean literally nothing. So this absolutely isn't the same thing. I wish the Spurs would sit guys against the Nuggets, of whom I do buy a partial ticket package for. I'd love for my team to get a win that counts.

But furthermore, fining a team for something that isn't against the rules is pretty messed up even if you think the Spurs were wrong. (Let's be clear -- they weren't) If Stern wanted to say that he can't have teams tanking games on national TV, I'm fine with that. But it needs to be discussed and written into the rules after the year is out.

The fact is that the Spurs have sat that group of players before, and nobody said anything. So the precedent is there. And again, how can this possibly be legislated? What if those players played for the opening tip, and at the next stoppage of play (foul, time out, whatever) they were all subbed out and and never came back in? Does the NBA get to legislate how many minutes players play? This is a very slippery slope we're going down, and the coaching decisions should be left to the coaches. If you support the fine, then I'd like to hear how much those players should have played, and how you came to that number.

RhymesayersDU
12-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Bird and Magic were already building the NBA before Stern took over in 1984.

Bird, Magic and Jordan were responsible for the growth of the Association in the 1980s and 1990s. Stern just so happened to be sitting in the Commissioners chair. Some one had to be sitting in the seat.

As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Bird/Magic/Jordan clearly did the heavy lifting. But the idea that Stern did nothing is pretty laughable.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Looks like Popovichs decision worked well for the Spurs. Duncan came out with 21 in the first half, first time doing that since 2004. 4th quarter and OT spurs were on another level and kicked in more energy.

Considering Memphis has looked to be the best team in the western conference that was about a big a win as you can get this early in season.

TDmvp
12-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Hornets becoming Pelicans

The New Orleans Hornets are expected to become the New Orleans Pelicans, perhaps as early as the 2013-14 season, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8711940/new-orleans-hornets-change-nickname-pelicans-according-report

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

That's just terrible .

swaiy
12-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Hornets becoming Pelicans

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8711940/new-orleans-hornets-change-nickname-pelicans-according-report

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

That's just terrible .

That is ****ing terrible. Hilarious!

SoCalBronco
12-04-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't think they just chose Pelican randomly. From what I understand its the state bird, so they wanted to give the team more of a Louisiana feel. Still, its a weak name for a sports team despite that.

I remember back when I was a kid and was watching a NJ vs. Charlotte game, we called it the "Nets vs. the Horny Nets".

ludo21
12-05-2012, 05:45 AM
and the Hornets go back to Charlotte I think.... that would be cool to get that name back to Charlotte. The Bobcats name is too abaish

socalorado
12-05-2012, 05:58 AM
and the Hornets go back to Charlotte I think.... that would be cool to get that name back to Charlotte. The Bobcats name is too abaish

Yeah, Bobcat!?!?!? REAALLY!?!?
Man, that is just pathetic.

Might as well call them the New Orleans Butterflys.

bombay
12-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Carmelo is playing the best ball of his career. Not just a scorer anymore. Playing D, rebounding, and passing the ball when he isn't open.

Heard Kobe talk about how strong Carmelo is, and I remember a shot he took here about five years ago. Time was expiring, and he took a jump shot from about 6-8 feet the other side of the half court line. A jump shot, not a throw or heave. It went off the rim. I thought then about how strong you have to be to attempt that shot.

bombay
12-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Man, are the Lakers ever bad. I guess Dwight Howard wasn't the answer to the question.

RhymesayersDU
01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Man, are the Lakers ever bad. I guess Dwight Howard wasn't the answer to the question.

So, I'm quoting you from 12/14/12, but on 1/6/13 I think the question still has merit. Tonight, the Nuggets have just gone into LA and beaten the Lakers, and you gotta wonder when this Lakers team is going to come together, or if they will.

I've watched too many Laker games to count them out. Kobe is STILL ridiculous. Some of the late 3-pointers he hit tonight, so money. There's a bunch of talent on that roster. You've got to think they'll start reeling off wins, but it needs to happen sooner rather than later for them.

Lakers fans? Thoughts?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
I know you Denver fans hate him, but Melo be BALLIN!

24champ
01-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Some trades need to happen, Pau needs to go. We're old, slow, and mentally soft. Even if we make the playoffs, we're gonna get swept out of it.

This team should not be below .500 in January. Sedale threatt, Vlade Divacs, Elden Campbell, Tony Smith, and Terry Teagle, had a better record in January than this team.

SoCalBronco
01-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Some trades need to happen, Pau needs to go. We're old, slow, and mentally soft. Even if we make the playoffs, we're gonna get swept out of it.

This team should not be below .500 in January. Sedale threatt, Vlade Divacs, Elden Campbell, Tony Smith, and Terry Teagle, had a better record in January than this team.

Even with trades you can kiss goodbye a Top 3 seed. They have lost too many already. They have 18 losses in less than half the season. Even if they won 2/3 of their remaining games they would be at around 50 wins....not good enough to even win th division. Lakers can't win the West going on the road every series.

TonyR
01-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I know you Denver fans hate him, but Melo be BALLIN!

Melo does a lot of "ballin". Always has. That is, until you really need him and the going gets tough.

OrangeCrush2724
01-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Melo does a lot of "ballin". Always has. That is, until you really need him and the going gets tough.

He's looked very good this year.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-07-2013, 08:49 AM

Knicks look pretty good right now. I'm not saying they can hang with Miami for 7 games, but if any team can, its probably the knicks (provided they stay healthy). We have a lot of size, can D up, arguably have the most depth in the league, and have Melo as that X-factor. Its pretty similar to that Dallas team.

But Lebron is Lebron, so who knows.

RhymesayersDU
01-07-2013, 09:16 AM
The inevitable Knicks/Heat ECF will be ridiculous. Carmelo indeed playing really well right now.

RhymesayersDU
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
From Marc Stein:

"Lakers just announced Dwight Howard (torn labrum) and Pau Gasol (concussion) are out indefinitely. Season getting no simpler in Lakerland"

SoCalBronco
01-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Torn labrum is at least a few weeks.

SoCalBronco
01-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Jimmy ****ing Butler.

Hey Kobe....stay down b****.

24....you're about another 2 more weeks of bad play from being totally done.

I really enjoyed seeing Chicago add to the Lakers misery.

Jason in LA
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Fire Jim Buss. Oh wait, he's family, so that's not going to happen.

I'm dealing with something like that at my job. The owner gives his family members jobs, but the problem is that he puts them in key positions. Positions that they aren't qualified for, and when they screw up it really doesn't matter. The owner's nephew just got a promotion that everybody knows should have went to me. We did similar jobs, but my work was way better. I'd even say that if the guy wasn't family he would have been fired a lot time ago for his screw ups.

That's what is going on with the Lakers. Jim Buss doesn't seem to be qualified to be the general manager, but he is playing GM. Lets be real, Mitch Kupchack isn't running anything anymore. He's the guy that trained under Jerry West, but Jerry Buss has turned the team over to his son.

If the Lakers do make a trade, get as much as you can for Howard and move Pau back to center. Pau is the best center on the team. They've been dicking him around since Bynum finally figured out how to play. Really thinking about it, they should have traded Bynum to fill holes they had and then move Pau to center. That would have solved their problems.

24champ
01-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Jimmy ****ing Butler.

Hey Kobe....stay down b****.

24....you're about another 2 more weeks of bad play from being totally done.

I really enjoyed seeing Chicago add to the Lakers misery.

Lakers are already cooked.

I'd get rid of Metta and Pau. Time to start preparing for post-Kobe Lakers.

bombay
01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Carmelo is playing the best ball of his career. Not just a scorer anymore. Playing D, rebounding, and passing the ball when he isn't open.

Heard Kobe talk about how strong Carmelo is, and I remember a shot he took here about five years ago. Time was expiring, and he took a jump shot from about 6-8 feet the other side of the half court line. A jump shot, not a throw or heave. It went off the rim. I thought then about how strong you have to be to attempt that shot.

Me 'hating Melo' about 6 posts up.

This is before he got a bad case of rabbit ears, though.

RhymesayersDU
01-22-2013, 07:28 PM
This Lakers slide is fascinating. Not as a Nuggets fan, but more of a basketball fan in general. There's so much talent in that starting 5.

Anyways, Nuggies are up and down per usual. I went to the OKC game the other night, fun game. Easily the best home game (if not overall game) of the year.

gunns
02-08-2013, 05:07 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbMY-g0pbKplZXKjQnVWEc5NqaJgYJo0Rw65yFlSqgiNrG16oMnw

A game of the old and injured against the pathetic. I'm thrilled the Celtics aren't the pathetic. Maybe they don't want Rondo back.

RhymesayersDU
02-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Went to the Nuggs game last night, good times. TNT must have been pissed, 2 30-point blowouts in 1 night? Yikes.

Nuggies taking care of business at home which is nice. I think they can hold down the 4 seed and maybe if Chris Paul is out for an extended period grab that 3 seed. I know they're not legitimate contenders but I think they can get out of the first round and take a step forward. I'm very happy with where they're at after their nightmare schedule to start the season.

Jason in LA
02-08-2013, 07:15 AM
This season has been a wrap for this Lakers team for a while. Only way to fix this moving forward is take control away from Jim Buss. He probably isn't qualified to make those decisions.

RhymesayersDU
02-08-2013, 07:21 AM
This season has been a wrap for this Lakers team for a while. Only way to fix this moving forward is take control away from Jim Buss. He probably isn't qualified to make those decisions.

Jason what is the feeling in LA? Is what you said the general consensus? It's always interesting to me to hear what locals say rather than what the national guys say.

TonyR
02-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Went to the Nuggs game last night, good times.

Particularly notable:
Lawson with 16 & 12 with a +40 +/-
Faried with 21 & 12 on 9/10 shooting
Chandler with 24 points in 19 minutes on 8/9 shooting including 5/5 from 3
Gonna beat a lot of teams when you shoot 58.1%!

RhymesayersDU
02-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah that +40 mark is ****ing ridiculous.

spdirty
02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Great streak theyre on. Lets see what they do in this 4 in 5. Should go 2-2 as a bare minimum, but I'm hoping for 3-1 to close out the first half of the season.

crush17
02-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Great streak theyre on. Lets see what they do in this 4 in 5. Should go 2-2 as a bare minimum, but I'm hoping for 3-1 to close out the first half of the season.

That's if they can even get a flight to the east coast! This blizzard is gonna be nasty.

But yeah, Nuggs are killing it! Love to see domination on both ends of the court like that game last night!

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2013, 09:02 AM
That's if they can even get a flight to the east coast! This blizzard is gonna be nasty.

The next 24-48 hrs are going to be less than fun. On the bright side, my office bought us lunch today and they're letting us leave in a half an hour.

Jason in LA
02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Jason what is the feeling in LA? Is what you said the general consensus? It's always interesting to me to hear what locals say rather than what the national guys say.

Folks out here are pissed off, and the finger is pointed at pretty much everybody. Fans have a number of different theories on what the issue is. Kobe haters still blame Kobe. Pau haters still call him soft. Folks have started to turn on Howard. Nash hasn't taken any heat. But I'd say that everybody is in agreement that Jim Buss has ruined the team, and D'antoni was a horrible hire. Those two guys get crapped on everyday out here.

RhymesayersDU
02-08-2013, 07:55 PM
There are Kobe haters? That's got to be a small fringe group, right? The guy is a legend.

spdirty
02-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Great win tonight. Even if it's just Cleveland, it's a road win. Maybe get tomorrow off, so they won't have to do a 4 in 5.

maven
02-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Can the Nuggets beat the Heatles in The NBA Finals?

Therefor, the Nuggets should exit quickly and allow the Thunder/Spurs a chance.

maven
02-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Lakers lose again. Damn, they suck.

OrangeCrush2724
02-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Lakers lose again. Damn, they suck.

Heat looking strong. When they are all hot like that, its going to be tough for any team to stop us. Cant wait for the playoffs...

Karenin
02-10-2013, 04:43 PM
There are Kobe haters? That's got to be a small fringe group, right? The guy is a legend.

Believe it or not, some people hate rapists regardless of how good they are at basketball.

RhymesayersDU
02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Believe it or not, some people hate rapists regardless of how good they are at basketball.

Didn't know this discussion was about Jerry Sandusky.

TheChamp24
02-10-2013, 09:41 PM
It really surprises me how bad the Lakers are playing given the talent on that team.
Basically a starting lineup of All Stars and they are below .500, just mind boggling.
Although reminds me of the year they had Gary Payton and Karl Malone, but those guys were at the end of their basketball lives. This is different.

ludo21
02-11-2013, 09:24 AM
keep losing lakers!!

give me that first round pick!! ;D lotto

Requiem
02-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Looks like Orlando finally won a game. Great job!

maven
02-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Heat looking strong. When they are all hot like that, its going to be tough for any team to stop us. Cant wait for the playoffs...

Agree. And the team is on cruise control waiting for the playoffs to come. I think the birdman is a nice pickup. He can still provide some shot blocking and altered shots and brings some nice athleticism off the bench. Just keep the bonehead plays down. Allen, though sick lately, needs to get his rhythm back. He'll need to be ready come playoff time(which I think he will). All and all looks good us Heat fans.

maven
02-11-2013, 12:55 PM
It really surprises me how bad the Lakers are playing given the talent on that team.
Basically a starting lineup of All Stars and they are below .500, just mind boggling.
Although reminds me of the year they had Gary Payton and Karl Malone, but those guys were at the end of their basketball lives. This is different.

They look like old broke dick sout there. No team ball at all. What a sorry ass team.

RhymesayersDU
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Injury bug broke out for the Nuggies all at once. Perfect time though, right before the All-Star break. Everybody is day-to-day it seems, maybe we can get one or two back for tomorrow night.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Can we all appreciate what LeBron is doing right now? He is just playing amazing, effortless basketball at the moment.

maven
02-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Can we all appreciate what LeBron is doing right now? He is just playing amazing, effortless basketball at the moment.

On effin fire! Looking forward to the playoffs.
:sunshine:

Jason in LA
02-13-2013, 10:12 AM

There have always been Laker fans who blame Kobe for everything. It started with the Kobe/Shaq feud. The fans who took Shaq's side have always hated Kobe. It's weird.

Lestat
02-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Kobe has less haters as he gets older due to the maturation of his overall game and the realization of just how great he has been for so long.
some hate him due to Shaq getting traded, others won't let go of the rape charges and others still because people keep trying to compare him to Jordan(as good as Kobe is, he's no MJ).

LeBron is playing like everyone has thought he was capable of.
i think a lot of it has to do with finally winning a title and getting that pressure off his back. now he can just go out and ball.

RhymesayersDU
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
There have always been Laker fans who blame Kobe for everything. It started with the Kobe/Shaq feud. The fans who took Shaq's side have always hated Kobe. It's weird.

Jesus. Talk about spoiled. I mean come on. The guy is a Top-10 player and brought a few rings. So many franchises (mine included) would kill for a guy like that.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Jesus. Talk about spoiled. I mean come on. The guy is a Top-10 player and brought a few rings. So many franchises (mine included) would kill for a guy like that.

I think the reason a lot of people hate Kobe is that he's a dick. I wonder if Jordan played in the same era if he would have been viewed a bit more similarly. He, by all accounts, didnt seem like the nicest guy in the world either.

TDmvp
02-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Rip Jerry Buss

RhymesayersDU
02-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Sad news about Jerry Buss.

Jason in LA
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
If Jerry Buss could be anybody else, it would be Hugh Hefner. If Hugh Hefner could be anybody else, it would be Jerry Buss.

RedskinBronco
02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8971475/derrick-rose-brother-says-no-trades-big-factor-return

I agree, Reggie, I agree.

Cheap ass management. I hope the White Sox fail.

RedskinBronco
02-21-2013, 03:15 PM
If Jerry Buss could be anybody else, it would be Hugh Hefner. If Hugh Hefner could be anybody else, it would be Jerry Buss.

Amen

RhymesayersDU
02-26-2013, 03:29 AM
Was at Pepsi Center last night. Fun game, way too much purple there per usual. But a win the fellas needed after a few losses. Hopefully Gallo can play on Thursday.

This race for the 4th seed is going to be tough. Memphis isn't going to lay down. The game in 2 weeks (Memphis @ Denver, March 15) is going to be huge.

spdirty
02-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Great win tonight. They really needed this one. Now bring on the Thunder.

bombay
02-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Nuggets have 14 at home and 9 on the road left. Memphis has 11 at home and 16 on the road. I think the Nuggets can make up the 2.5 games they trail by.

RhymesayersDU
02-28-2013, 04:18 AM
Hell must have frozen over, the Nuggets (1) won a road game and (2) didn't completely implode down the stretch.

Finally. I think Nuggets fans have been waiting for a win like this. And Portland may not be anything special, but whatever it was big for us. Ty is on some kind of run right now, which is great to see.

Let's see how this Thunder game goes. I have it penciled in as a loss, but we're tough at home maybe we steal another against them.

Kaylore
03-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Anyone watching this game? If you like good basketball, watch the Nuggets and Thunder game right now.

spdirty
03-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Awesome 2nd quarter. That 3 at the end sucked though.

bombay
03-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Did the espn halftime bozos even mention the game they are watching?

Kaylore
03-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Westbrook is our nightmare. He single-handedly destorys. No one, not even Durant, ever do anything. Westbrook just personally abuses us. I don't know why we decided to stop attacking the rim all of a sudden, but if we don't start, we're going to lose. And our stupid free-throw problem is likely to cause a loss again.

spdirty
03-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Boom!!!!!!

Lycan
03-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Great, clutch shot by Lawson. Just fantastic.

Awesome game.

RhymesayersDU
03-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Huge shot Ty, huge win for the fellas.

Kaylore
03-01-2013, 10:16 PM
What an epic game.

RhymesayersDU
03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Also of note, picked up a game on the Grizzlies as they lost. The game in 2 weeks (Grizz @ Nuggs, 3/15) looms large. Nuggets can own a 3-1 tiebreaker with a win there. Could very well decide the 4 seed and home court advantage in round 1 of the playoffs.

spdirty
03-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Also of note, picked up a game on the Grizzlies as they lost. The game in 2 weeks (Grizz @ Nuggs, 3/15) looms large. Nuggets can own a 3-1 tiebreaker with a win there. Could very well decide the 4 seed and home court advantage in round 1 of the playoffs.

If we get the 4 seed, should we be rooting for a (1)Spurs-(8)Lakers first round series?

RhymesayersDU
03-02-2013, 05:22 AM
If we get the 4 seed, should we be rooting for a (1)Spurs-(8)Lakers first round series?

That's an interesting point. I guess we do, but IMO if the Lakers get on a big roll and (1) make the playoffs and (2) take down the Spurs, I think they'd take us down too. But we'd have home court at least.

RhymesayersDU
03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Kenneth Faried was in Cherry Creek today signing autographs. Super nice guy, and now I need to head back to the frame shop to get another jersey done. Is there AA -- autographs anonymous? I'm such a mark for this kind of stuff.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEYXe_zCYAAmdjt.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-02-2013, 01:11 PM
There's no way the lakers beat the spurs in a 7 game series, unless injuries play into effect

RhymesayersDU
03-02-2013, 02:40 PM
There's no way the lakers beat the spurs in a 7 game series, unless injuries play into effect

I basically 98% agree with you. I guess I still have a very healthy fear/respect for the Lakers. If they can go on a run and make the playoffs, then they'd get Gasol back, etc. I'm just saying, if that squad gets hot/gets their **** together, who knows.

Now, there is absolutely 0 evidence that this group with this coach will go on a run or get their **** together. There's even less-than-0-evidence that Pau Gasol would even help. But I just can't say it for sure.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Ya I can agree with you on never counting the lakers out. Just think it would be a bad match up for them. Nash has not and cannot control Parker. Houston or warriors may give the spurs more fits.

With Parker out for a month now thunder has a great chance at going in 1

RhymesayersDU
03-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Ya I can agree with you on never counting the lakers out. Just think it would be a bad match up for them. Nash has not and cannot control Parker. Houston or warriors may give the spurs more fits.

With Parker out for a month now thunder has a great chance at going in 1

Yeah the Warriors could pull off an upset. They have just got shooters all over the floor. If they got hot for a series, watch out.

canadianbroncosfan
03-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Knicks ending the first half on quite a run, Heat going to be down double digits.

Maven working?

bombay
03-03-2013, 11:29 AM
The Knicks look a lot like the Nuggets East. There are at least 5 former Nuggets - KMart, Melo, JR, Camby, and Felton.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Knicks need to keep their mouths shut and ball. I dunno who is gonna beat Miami though

maven
03-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Knicks ending the first half on quite a run, Heat going to be down double digits.

Maven working?

Excellent win for the knicks today!

:pimp:

Derp.

canadianbroncosfan
03-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Excellent win for the knicks today!

:pimp:

Derp.

Not a Knicks fan however you did once again prove only will you show up in this thread after a Heat win.

Or you got off work just as the game ended?

maven
03-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Not a Knicks fan however you did once again prove only will you show up in this thread after a Heat win.

Or you got off work just as the game ended?

The Heat have won 14 in a row. Waiting for the playoffs to start since this is all primer.

OrangeCrush2724
03-03-2013, 07:09 PM
The Heat have won 14 in a row. Waiting for the playoffs to start since this is all primer.

Yeah I'm with you here. Just waiting for the playoffs. I could care less who wins these games...

bombay
03-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Nuggets have 14 at home and 9 on the road left. Memphis has 11 at home and 16 on the road. I think the Nuggets can make up the 2.5 games they trail by.

Nuggets have already picked up 1.5 games, and trail by only 1. In spite of the fact that Memphis keeps winning. Nuggets won their 6th in a row tonight, including 2 road games.

maven
03-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Yeah I'm with you here. Just waiting for the playoffs. I could care less who wins these games...

Yep. Injury free and the #1 seed. It's great to see the team on a 15 game run.

:thumbsup:

bombay
03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
It's great that 17 teams missed on Kenneth Faried so the Nuggets could draft him at 18. I am glad that his Western Kentucky team played at Pepsi in the NCAA regionals his Sr. season. That could very well be how the Nuggets 'discovered' him.

maven
03-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Nuggets have already picked up 1.5 games, and trail by only 1. In spite of the fact that Memphis keeps winning. Nuggets won their 6th in a row tonight, including 2 road games.

Nuggets need to get that 4 seed somehow, someway. Probably their only chance to get out of the 1st round.

bombay
03-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Nugs are also only 3 games behind the best team in LA: the Clippers. It would be nice to have the 3 seed.

Paladin
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
It's great that 17 teams missed on Kenneth Faried so the Nuggets could draft him at 18. I am glad that his Western Kentucky team played at Pepsi in the NCAA regionals his Sr. season. That could very well be how the Nuggets 'discovered' him.

Yeah, but he played at Morehead state......

bombay
03-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Yeah, but he played at Morehead state......

Well, you know. Some off brand school in Kentucky. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Missouribronc
03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Well, you know. Some off brand school in Kentucky. Thanks for the heads up, though.

..and was drafted at 22, not 18... But hey, whatever...

bombay
03-05-2013, 10:18 PM
I agree; whatever. Maybe it was Lawson that Minnesota drafted with the 18 pick for the Nuggets. Either way they've added two excellent players in the late middle 1st round in the past 4 seasons. And most of the league missed on Faried: it's good he played at Pepsi and came to the attention of the Nuggets, if he wasn't high on their list already.

maven
03-06-2013, 12:27 AM
I agree; whatever. Maybe it was Lawson that Minnesota drafted with the 18 pick for the Nuggets. Either way they've added two excellent players in the late middle 1st round in the past 4 seasons. And most of the league missed on Faried: it's good he played at Pepsi and came to the attention of the Nuggets, if he wasn't high on their list already.

Now find a way to add a superstar and maybe the nuggets will go somewhere.

maven
03-06-2013, 12:30 AM
Nugs are also only 3 games behind the best team in LA: the Clippers. It would be nice to have the 3 seed.

Good point. There is a logjam 3-8 in the east with 20 games to play.

RhymesayersDU
03-06-2013, 04:16 AM

The funny thing about that Minnesota trade is that year they drafted 3 point guards; Johnny Flynn, Ricky Rubio, and then Lawson, whom they immediately traded to us. Even if you want to say that Rubio is the better PG, they could have had a great one-two punch with Rubio and Lawson or at the least could have a valuable trade asset. Instead they keep Flynn (whom was a top 10 pick and was never any good in the NBA). Poor Wolves.