PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning to own pizza shops

maven
10-26-2012, 09:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8553736/peyton-manning-invests-21-denver-papa-john-pizza-shops

Mogulseeker
10-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't call Papa John's a "Pizza Shop." Doesn't do justice to all the great Pizza Shops out there. More like a Pizza Franchise....

Broncos4tw
10-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Pity their pizza is disgusting.

Meck77
10-26-2012, 10:14 PM
That **** is cardboard.

KevinJames
10-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Pity their pizza is disgusting.

Their cheese bread is good though

right now nothing is touching Dominos new medium pan pizza, nothing and I hated dominos before but wow they stepped it up no joke.

Mogulseeker
10-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Dominos.... Papa Johns.... Talk about setting the bar low.

Mogulseeker
10-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Has anyone tried Regina's pizza in Boston?

El Juť
10-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Has anyone tried Regina's pizza in Boston?

Problem is, it always arrives cold in Denver.

baja
10-26-2012, 10:37 PM
So much for Manning seeing the future trend of eating real food. Like the franchise Tender Greens - awesome food - always organic and locally grown whenever possible. This is the 'chain' I would be investing in.

See here;

http://www.tendergreensfood.com

Vegas_Bronco
10-26-2012, 10:46 PM
That **** is cardboard.

Meck...sometimes its all a college student can afford...sugar sauce on cardboard. You gotta go way back to appreciate this junk.

RhymesayersDU
10-26-2012, 10:47 PM
So much for Manning seeing the future trend of eating real food. Like the franchise Tender Greens - awesome food - always organic and locally grown whenever possible. This is the 'chain' I would be investing in.

See here;

Keep that **** in Mexico, hippie.

Mogulseeker
10-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Meck...sometimes its all a college student can afford...sugar sauce on cardboard. You gotta go way back to appreciate this junk.

****, I couldn't afford Papa John's in college. It was Little Cesars all the way.

The University of Denver took all my money then, now and for the foreseeable future, lol.

BroncoMan4ever
10-26-2012, 10:59 PM

See here;

What the hell is this crap, hippy?

broncocalijohn
10-26-2012, 11:21 PM

See here;

Bull**** hippie. People want their fast food that taste good and they know it is bad for you. He wants to make money not watch people eat grass.

Also, we now know where those extra 1 million pizzas are coming from. 2) I haven't had their pizza in years because the two times I had it, it sucked really bad.

lonestar
10-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Good for Manning, shows he wants to put down roots..

As for the PJs Pizzas, I have had lots worse,

one of the better ones from a chain..

fortunately I have one just down the street..

In fact I might even place my order for the game on Sunday..

baja
10-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Keep that **** in Mexico, hippie.

the current locations.

Culver City
Hollywood: Sunset
Pasadena
San Diego: Pt. Loma
San Diego: UTC
Santa Monica: Arizona
Walnut Creek
West Hollywood

Ya that's Mexico.

baja
10-26-2012, 11:28 PM
What the hell is this crap, hippy?

click on the link it's easy

baja
10-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Bull**** hippie. People want their fast food that taste good and they know it is bad for you. He wants to make money not watch people eat grass.

Also, we now know where those extra 1 million pizzas are coming from. 2) I haven't had their pizza in years because the two times I had it, it sucked really bad.

Really, go see the line at Tender Greens there is one near you. So Cal people love the place.

broncocalijohn
10-26-2012, 11:41 PM
the current locations.

Culver City
Pasadena
Walnut Creek
West Hollywood

Ya that's Mexico.

Bunch of Hippie **** places.

Really, go see the line at Tender Greens there is one near you. So Cal people love the place.

LA isnt near me to go eat parsley. If it comes in OC, it would be Laguna Beach or Irvine. If it came to my town, I would stand in front of it and light up the grill and put every type of meat on there and watch them upchuck.

baja
10-26-2012, 11:47 PM

LA isnt near me to go eat parsley. If it comes in OC, it would be Laguna Beach or Irvine. If it came to my town, I would stand in front of it and light up the grill and put every type of meat on there and watch them upchuck.

They have steak and chicken on their menu genius

Wes Mantooth
10-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Makes me think he is going to hang out for a few years.

Miss I.
10-26-2012, 11:56 PM
PJs is okay. Dominos literally makes me sick when I eat it. When I was in CO I think I ordered blackjacks? Does this sound right? Another fave Bronco of mine used to do their adverts. I imagine picked PJs because it is an international chain. They have dominos and PJs in England at least and Pizza Hut tho the hut does not deliver here. Prefer smaller places but PJs has more exposure and I'd imagine Peyton likes that

Mogulseeker
10-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Blackjack is decent for the price. There's one right by DU.

And yeah, Rod Smith used to do the Blackjack commercials. He was a freaking terrible actor in them.

extralife
10-27-2012, 04:57 AM

politicizing food is great and all (oh wait, it's actually <i>retarded</i>) until you take your I'm A Badass act to the doctor one day and he tells you the crap you eat is literally killing you. I guess those people should just man up and buy the latest thing you saw on TV, though.

HILife
10-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Pi in DC got some good pizza.

http://www.pi-dc.com/

Meck77
10-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Lol @ this this.

New rule. Every post in this thread must have the word **** in it!

Papa johns! Horse ****!

ak1971
10-27-2012, 09:10 AM
so lets see...you ****ers bitch when a player spend his money on hookers and blow, you bitch when someone makes a monster investment.....I want to party with you ****ers.

Meck77
10-27-2012, 09:45 AM
so lets see...you ****ers b**** when a player spend his money on hookers and blow, you b**** when someone makes a monster investment.....I want to party with you ****ers.

You dumb ****. You are suppose to use **** in your post!

Rock Chalk
10-27-2012, 09:59 AM
This thread taught me a couple of things.

1) Peyton Manning is smarter than all of you idiots. He realizes its not how good the food tastes, its how much money the franchise makes. And Papa Johns makes a ****load of money.
2) baja is still a ****ing retard.
3) Mightysmurf is still gay

baja
10-27-2012, 10:08 AM
This thread taught me a couple of things.

1) Peyton Manning is smarter than all of you idiots. He realizes its not how good the food tastes, its how much money the franchise makes. And Papa Johns makes a ****load of money.
2) baja is still a ****ing retard.
3) Mightysmurf is still gay

Ha ha keep eating high calorie nutrient void "food" and see where that gets ya.

Un-be-kown to guys like you people are waking up and demanding real food. The whole food industry is growing by a large% a year while the fast dead food industry is growing by about 3% a year.

But carry on pizza boy. You so smart...

THIS IS JUST THE ORGANIC PRODUCE;

The organic industry continues to grow worldwide. Here are some statistics regarding this burgeoning market.
U.S. sales of organic food and beverages have grown from $1 billion in 1990 to $26.7 billion in 2010. Sales in 2010 represented 7.7 percent growth over 2009 sales. Experiencing the highest growth in sales during 2010 were organic fruits and vegetables, up 11.8 percent over 2009 sales
Source: Organic Trade Associationís 2011 Organic Industry Survey

Organic food and beverage sales represented approximately 4 percent of overall food and beverage sales in 2010. Leading were organic fruits and vegetables, now representing over 11 percent of all U.S. fruit and vegetable sales.

Organic non-food sales grew 9.7 percent in 2010, to reach $1.97 billion.

http://www.ota.com/organic/mt/business.html

baja
10-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Here is the coming trend. Young and old are becoming aware about making good food choices;

http://www.franchisedirect.com/foodfranchises/healthfoodrestaurantfranchiseindustryreport/14/265

RhymesayersDU
10-27-2012, 10:34 AM
the current locations.

Culver City
Pasadena
Walnut Creek
West Hollywood

Ya that's Mexico.

Given the demographics I'd say so.

Kaylore
10-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Dominos makes awesome pizza now. They really listened to their customers and have become the fastest growing pizza chain in the last 20 years.

Broncos4tw
10-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Dominoes? Ugh.

If you must do fast food pizza, at least eat a Papa Murphy pizza.. so much better. I think I've only had Papa John's twice.. it was just horrible each time.

Lestat
10-27-2012, 10:55 AM
hating on franchise pizza is more than a little silly.
the idea it to appease the masses and get them to buy your product.

in that way the franchise works really well and makes a lot of money.
there are plenty of restaurants with really good food but they go out of business or don't make a lot of money because they don't market or appease customers well.
of course there are also those that choose not to expand to avoid watering down the overall business.

there will always be some place that does something better, but the idea is to be successful as well as having a quality product.
PJ's isn't my favorite pizza chain but it has a good product. i still have yet to try Domino's new pizza but that's due to it being far away from my house and not wanting to drive so far when Pizza hut,PJ's and a few Italian places with great deep dish pizza are closer.

Lestat
10-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Here is the coming trend. Young and old are becoming aware about making good food choices;

http://www.franchisedirect.com/foodfranchises/healthfoodrestaurantfranchiseindustryreport/14/265

it's the same cycle every ten years.
people hear about the damaging affects of certain good, they swear to cut back, the trend gets started, they get tired of restraining themselves or their job forces them to places where they can't sustain the good eating habits and they go right back to what they did before.

fast food is always going to trump healthier eating because fast food is so convenient to acquire and so readily available at almost every corner.

peacepipe
10-27-2012, 11:08 AM
unfortunately,there is no such thing as good fast food/franchise pizza.

Meck77
10-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Dominos makes awesome pizza now. They really listened to their customers and have become the fastest growing pizza chain in the last 20 years.

I agree with this. I hadn't had it in years. Tried some recently and it was the ****!

baja
10-27-2012, 11:31 AM
it's the same cycle every ten years.
people hear about the damaging affects of certain good, they swear to cut back, the trend gets started, they get tired of restraining themselves or their job forces them to places where they can't sustain the good eating habits and they go right back to what they did before.

fast food is always going to trump healthier eating because fast food is so convenient to acquire and so readily available at almost every corner.

Healthy food is a continuing it's conquest of market share with steady growth and quite remarkable growth. I you were to read the links I supplied you would see this it true.

Bronco Bob
10-27-2012, 11:44 AM
unfortunately,there is no such thing as good fast food/franchise pizza.

I just make my own pizza. It's not that hard to do. Making the dough takes a little time, but it's good exercise,
and all fresh ingredients with no preservatives, hydrogenated oils, or other weird ****. And I put tons more
toppings and cheese on mine than you'd get at a pizza joint. Best pizza in the world.

Lestat
10-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Healthy food is a continuing it's conquest of market share with steady growth and quite remarkable growth. I you were to read the links I supplied you would see this it true.

i did read the links, this same thing happens in cycles all the time.
no different from the electric car, the hybrid, diet fads & etc.
people are people and they always revert back to comfortable habits.

it's good to see healthier food coming into the forefront of the market and making it's mark. but i just don't see it staying significantly relevant as there are far too many temptations out there that are more readily available.

people are cooking less and less and relying on restaurants more and more.
a lot of people don't even bother to teach their kids how to cook.
you're going to have far more McDonald's on your street than a Subway or Tendergreens.

Lestat
10-27-2012, 11:54 AM
I just make my own pizza. It's not that hard to do. Making the dough takes a little time, but it's good exercise,
and all fresh ingredients with no preservatives, hydrogenated oils, or other weird ****. And I put tons more
toppings and cheese on mine than you'd get at a pizza joint. Best pizza in the world.

i make my own from time to time when i want a taco pizza.
only place that made a great one is Godfather's and the closest one is like 300 miles away now.

lonestar
10-27-2012, 01:33 PM
hating on franchise pizza is more than a little silly.
the idea it to appease the masses and get them to buy your product.

in that way the franchise works really well and makes a lot of money.
there are plenty of restaurants with really good food but they go out of business or don't make a lot of money because they don't market or appease customers well.
of course there are also those that choose not to expand to avoid watering down the overall business.

there will always be some place that does something better, but the idea is to be successful as well as having a quality product.
PJ's isn't my favorite pizza chain but it has a good product. i still have yet to try Domino's new pizza but that's due to it being far away from my house and not wanting to drive so far when Pizza hut,PJ's and a few Italian places with great deep dish pizza are closer.

:thumbs:

best post in the thread..

let me add Manning made a deal the Papa could not refuse.. or maybe the other way around..

I doubt there is much if any CASH involved.. Other than the actual expenses of setting up shops.. But I'll bet there are little if any franchise fees..

Win Win Papa gets name rec, and loads of free advertising and Manning makes a boat load of money..

lonestar
10-27-2012, 01:35 PM

here is a hint NO ONE cares..

be as healthy as you want I applaud you for it.. but preaching to those that do not want to hear, well wasting your time..

baja
10-27-2012, 03:41 PM
here is a hint NO ONE cares..

be as healthy as you want I applaud you for it.. but preaching to those that do not want to hear, well wasting your time..

Who's preaching?

You can eat a steaming pile of dog shiit for all I care.

W were talking about investments. My take is there is a great investment opportunity in healthy "fast food" franchises such as Tender Greens.

You don't like the investment don't pursue it. Who cares.

You make the mistake of thinking I give a **** about the choices you make. I don't

ZONA
10-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Papa Johns pizza = $hit pie

Plus the owner is a real chump

Cito Pelon
10-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Good lord. I hope his legacy in Denver isn't a bunch of crappy pizza franchises.

ak1971
10-27-2012, 05:36 PM
You dumb ****. You are suppose to use **** in your post!

**** off **** head

KipCorrington25
10-27-2012, 05:51 PM
It's investing locally, if it gives a few kids a job great, otherwise their pizza sucks.

Broncos4tw
10-27-2012, 06:18 PM
...W were talking about investments. My take is there is a great investment opportunity in healthy "fast food" franchises such as Tender Greens.

No thank you. Hopefully people will wake up to the fact that 11 bucks for a "simple salad" is utterly STUPID. For SALAD? 11 bucks? ROFL!

I did Mad Greens downtown Denver a couple times, but stopped after the prices went up again.. and I ended up paying 10 or 11 bucks for a salad with a few pieces of chicken in it. 11 bucks? Naw.. I don't think so.

lonestar
10-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Who's preaching?

You can eat a steaming pile of dog shiit for all I care.

W were talking about investments. My take is there is a great investment opportunity in healthy "fast food" franchises such as Tender Greens.

You make the mistake of thinking I give a **** about the choices you make. I don't

Sounded like preaching to me and from some of the other responses of the
others also.

If he thought he could make money selling healthy food I suspect he would be in that market.

Since there seems not to be any in DEN sounds like it is not a viable franchise at this time.

Might want to work on those anger issues.

lonestar
10-27-2012, 06:19 PM
No thank you. Hopefully people will wake up to the fact that 11 bucks for a "simple salad" is utterly STUPID. For SALAD? 11 bucks? ROFL!

I did Mad Greens downtown Denver a couple times, but stopped after the prices went up again.. and I ended up paying 10 or 11 bucks for a salad with a few pieces of chicken in it. 11 bucks? Naw.. I don't think so.

Case in point.

baja
10-27-2012, 08:15 PM

Real food costs money.

The cheap fast food will be much more expensive in the long run when you start paying the doctor.

But I get not everyone will see the value here.

But as people get sicker and sicker from mal nourishment due to eating empty calories they will come around. Not to mention the taste is soooo good.

baja
10-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Sounded like preaching to me and from some of the other responses of the
others also.

If he thought he could make money selling healthy food I suspect he would be in that market.

Since there seems not to be any in DEN sounds like it is not a viable franchise at this time.

Might want to work on those anger issues.

Not angry either.

Not preaching and not angry. ;D

ak1971
10-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Real food costs money.

The cheap fast food will be much more expensive in the long run when you start paying the doctor.

But I get not everyone will see the value here.

But as people get sicker and sicker from mal nourishment due to eating empty calories they will come around. Not to mention the taste is soooo good.

dont you live in Mexico? You should market their water..I hear that's good for you

bpc
10-27-2012, 10:35 PM
I love PJ's owner. Great business man. Thankfully government and the people built his empire so he can go swimming with Manning in his money bin. If you believe, you can achieve.

ZONA
10-27-2012, 11:26 PM
I love PJ's owner. Great business man. Thankfully government and the people built his empire so he can go swimming with Manning in his money bin. If you believe, you can achieve.

There you go again with that crap. Because yeah, none of his back breaking pizza makers or delivery people helped build that company. Yup, it was all him.

Regardless of politics - those pizza's are nothing more then $hit pies. I'll take a good local pizza any day of the week over those crap chains.

broncocalijohn
10-28-2012, 11:32 AM

I agree. I have my own wheat field in my small backyards. Do you know how cool it is to walk between the 3 foot high stalks of wheat and run my hand through it like I am Gladiator from that movie scene? Then I have my cow for the dairy to make cheese. I slaughter the mother ****er so I could have some tasty meat on my personal pizza.
Making my own is healthy and I know where it came from...my backyard in surburbia. Neighbors love it when the cow is gone but hate the sound of it either mooing before the slaughter or me taking the dull 6 inch knife to its throat. I am going to try to improve on that next time.

Wood burning pizza in the backyard would be cool, though.

lonestar
10-28-2012, 01:04 PM
There you go again with that crap. Because yeah, none of his back breaking pizza makers or delivery people helped build that company. Yup, it was all him.

Regardless of politics - those pizza's are nothing more then $hit pies. I'll take a good local pizza any day of the week over those crap chains.

So your ok with eating at a local place that have employees breaking their back and delivery people that helped to build their company.

If his are **** pies I suspect so are the local pies.

Hypocrisy anyone.

If the local guy is successful is he not just a smaller version of Papa John?

You liberals are all the same. If anyone makes money. And oh by the way employ a bunch of people who would not otherwise have a job they are evil.

bpc
10-28-2012, 01:27 PM

Want a cookie while you're at it?

lonestar
10-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Let me add most of those working in any Pizza Joint, or for that matter any fast food places or restaurants are kids making money while in school. At least in any ones I have been in. Let me add spouses of military are a big group that work in them where I live.

If those owners had not invested money opening them a lot more folks would be unemployed.

BTW Papa John IIRC does not own those businesses he franchises them to local owners.

So not sure why some of you are all that pissed other than maybe you do not own them.

Meck77
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
The pizza king of Denver has spoken! Saints ain't ****!

Peyton Manning is the ****!

:believeit:orangepim:OF1::haw!: