PDA

View Full Version : If you could add one current player to the Broncos from any team in the NFL, who would you choose?

Kaylore
10-26-2012, 08:38 PM
http://mcnorman.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/joker2.gif?w=510

broncocalijohn
10-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Allen because it would piss off the Chiefs' fans. I know MLB would be first choice but come on, great rants or excuses by the Chiefs fans. JJ Watt would be nice but too obvious.

Ryans or Mayo at MLB.

Bmore Manning
10-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Geno Atkins

Broncoman13
10-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Patrick Peterson. Young, phenomenal return man, borderline shut down corner with ball skills.
If it was only a player we could have for the rest of the season probably Peanut Tillman, Patrick Willis or JJ Watt. Interesting, I would focus primarily on defense and any level would be fine.

El Juť
10-26-2012, 08:50 PM
I'd want a young guy who plays a position that allows for decent career length. I think I'd be tempted to complete our set of Gronkowskis.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Patrick Willis

maven
10-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Aaron Rodgers

Bacchus
10-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Watt he is young, dominant and plays DT.

Mogulseeker
10-26-2012, 09:11 PM
JJ Watt. Two years ago: Revis.

Then maybe Gronk.... Then Patrick Willis.

kappys
10-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Von Miller. Clone the man and be done with it.

The Joker
10-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

Manning is a 2-4 year deal at QB then we're back to where we were before we got him, namely trying to find a franchise QB.

Having a quality QB is just too important to pick anywhere else IMO, and of the elite guys in the league Rodgers is the youngest. You're pretty much a guaranteed contender every year for the next decade with him.

If you exclude QB's then it becomes a bit more interesting.

Jason Pierre Paul, JJ Watt, Patrick Peterson, Patrick Willis and Calvin Johnson are the five that come to mind quickest to me.

I'd probably go with Peterson, what an heir he'd be to Champ.

chanesaw
10-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Watt or Suh.

baja
10-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Gotta be Patrick Peterson

He helps us the most to beat the teams we need to beat to win a championship

not to mention the bonus of an elite return man.

Vegas_Bronco
10-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Von Miller. Clone the man and be done with it.

Win!

mellow mood
10-26-2012, 09:50 PM
P WILLIS

Harvitz81
10-26-2012, 10:03 PM
JJ Watt

Young and will be a force in the middle for a long time. Let's loose Von on the edge and allows mediocre CBs to look good. Then again I actually believe Harris can be a long term replacement for Champ when the time comes.

Willis would be sweet too...

Dexter
10-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Patrick Willis, Ray Rice, J.J. Watt OH TO DREAM

Al Wilson
10-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Patrick Willis

Houshyamama
10-26-2012, 11:10 PM
I'd take Andrew Luck and hit him behind Manning for 2 years after this, then we'd have a franchise QB for another 10 years.

RhymesayersDU
10-26-2012, 11:13 PM
I'd take Andrew Luck and hit him behind Manning for 2 years after this, then we'd have a franchise QB for another 10 years.

Something along these lines.

I know a MLB would help us right this second, but a long-term solution at QB is what I'd pick.

maven
10-26-2012, 11:33 PM

Just what Andrew luck wants to do right now..... Sit and watch........

RhymesayersDU
10-26-2012, 11:35 PM

Aaron Rodgera didn't want to sit either............... That worked out OK......................

Houshyamama
10-26-2012, 11:53 PM

Yeah it's a hypothetical, I don't give a damn what he wants

maher_tyler
10-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Patrick Willis

kdissette
10-27-2012, 04:14 AM
if it was just for this year i would say vince wilfork...he would be a beast in the middle and free up the outsides from doubleteams. if it was for the long haul i would have to say RG3 i thought he was another cam newton but this guy has alot of potential and has all the physical skills to be bigtime.

v2micca
10-27-2012, 05:04 AM
Patrick Willis.

backup qb
10-27-2012, 05:14 AM
Watt, Willis, bowman, Peterson, Pierre-Paul, RG3, Matthews. So many choices(obviously)...

Rock Chalk
10-27-2012, 05:49 AM
http://mcnorman.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/joker2.gif?w=510

Patrick Willis.

Drunk Monkey
10-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Aaron Rodgers

peacepipe
10-27-2012, 06:27 AM
gnata from the ravens

gunns
10-27-2012, 06:37 AM
I've coveted Patrick Willis since he came in the league. But I've also wanted a safety FOREVER. Earl Thomas. Patrick Petersen would be nice for return but I also really like Malcolm Jenkins who we will see this week. I tried to get Haloti to sign with the Broncos when his contract was expiring but he didn't. Huge human being! Sad.

Peoples Champ
10-27-2012, 07:19 AM
ed reed in his prime, or palumalu in his prime

crush17
10-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Patrick Willis

BroncsRule
10-27-2012, 07:25 AM
This year, to win now: Arian Foster.

Best fit to fill a position of need: Patrick Willis.

Best overall value: Andrew Luck.

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Peterson or Watt, it's easier to draft a MLB

Kaylore
10-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Peterson or Watt, it's easier to draft a MLB

That's what I'm leaning toward.

Watt is having an MVP season. Peterson would solve our corner situation for another ten years and also make our special teams complete. It would have the added benefit of seeing you completely lose it over and over any time he did anything, even mundane tasks like walking around.

Rohirrim
10-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Clay Matthews. Von and Matthews on the same field would be the nastiest tandem in history.

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 07:54 AM
That's what I'm leaning toward.

Watt is having an MVP season. Peterson would solve our corner situation for another ten years and also make our special teams complete. It would have the added benefit of seeing you completely lose it over and over any time he did anything, even mundane tasks like walking around.

Lol such an exaggeration. You can't even find a post 2011 draft post where I bring him up first. Not even when he was setting an NFL record last year.

fwf
10-27-2012, 07:55 AM
At his current salary?

If no, then Aaron Rodgers. We cant have 2 QB's making that much. If yes, then JJ Watt or Calvin Johnson. Probably Johnson.

I think if you polled NFL executives Luck, Rodgers would go 1,2.

Bmore Manning
10-27-2012, 08:43 AM
gnata from the ravens

Thank you for thinking outside the box. I listen to all these cliche answers, Watt would play strong side DE in our scheme and while I would love to have him, we need an interior DT, which is much harder to find than a MLB as Rev just pointed out. Even a CB like Pererson, who I applaud those who weren't cliche and said his name, can be found more easy than a DOMINANT pass rushing DT. They are few and far between. Geno Atkins is the best pass rushing DT in football.

I don't care if you have a dominant Revis or Peterson in the secondary or a Willis at MLB, without a push and pass rush, NOBODY can blanket someone if the QB has all day to throw!

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Thank you for thinking outside the box. I listen to all these cliche answers, Watt would play strong side DE in our scheme and while I would love to have him, we need an interior DT, which is much harder to find than a MLB as Rev just pointed out. Even a CB like Pererson, who I applaud those who weren't cliche and said his name, can be found more easy than a DOMINANT pass rushing DT. They are few and far between. Geno Atkins is the best pass rushing DT in football.

I don't care if you have a dominant Revis or Peterson in the secondary or a Willis at MLB, without a push and pass rush, NOBODY can blanket someone if the QB has all day to throw!

.....And no one can pass rush when people are wide open within a second.

Bmore Manning
10-27-2012, 09:09 AM
.....And no one can pass rush when people are wide open within a second.

With our current team, Peterson would help the defense more than Atkins?

NorCalBronco7
10-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Luck hands down.

Dedhed
10-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Suh!

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 10:01 AM
With our current team, Peterson would help the defense more than Atkins?

Geno Atkins? Great player, but also same size as JJ Watt (though stumpier), fyi, who you just claimed was too small to help us inside.

And yes, would be WAY more helpful.

Lestat
10-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Maurkice Pouncey on offense
Patrick Willis on defense.

Heyneck
10-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Easy.. Willis!!!

underrated29
10-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Willis or suh. I'd probably go with suh.

DBroncos4life
10-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Outside the box Harvin. Inside the box Suh. On pace for 9 plus sacks again.

Bmore Manning
10-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Geno Atkins? Great player, but also same size as JJ Watt (though stumpier), fyi, who you just claimed was too small to help us inside.

And yes, would be WAY more helpful.

You know as well as I do JJ would play strong side DE in our scheme with his freakish athleticism. So you think a corner who is up and coming, not shutdown would make our current D better? We still have a huge void in the middle of the field. In fact any corner playing press, with an interior push from a guy like Atkins and Doom, Wolfe, Miller all pushing from the edge are going to look all world. Peterson and champ may cover the two WRs but what about the slot, TE, and RB? Tell me how many great 4-3 pass rushers are out there? And think of how many good corners are out there? Atkins would make our D drastically better!

There are 3 good pass rushing DTs..
Atkins, Melton, and Suh in that order. **** Melton makes a physical corner like Tillman look all world. How does a corner make our D better? Brady still worked short and intermediate against NY with Revis and Cromartie. Yet the Giants with a freak pass rush and average CB play were able to slow down the Pats high powered attack.

Bmore Manning
10-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Outside the box Harvin. Inside the box Suh. On pace for 9 plus sacks again.

I like the way your thinking! I'd prefer Atkins and Harvin though!

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 11:05 AM
You know as well as I do JJ would play strong side DE in our scheme with his freakish athleticism. So you think a corner who is up and coming, not shutdown would make our current D better? We still have a huge void in the middle of the field. In fact any corner playing press, with an interior push from a guy like Atkins and Doom, Wolfe, Miller all pushing from the edge are going to look all world. Peterson and champ may cover the two WRs but what about the slot, TE, and RB? Tell me how many great 4-3 pass rushers are out there? And think of how many good corners are out there? Atkins would make our D drastically better!

There are 3 good pass rushing DTs..
Atkins, Melton, and Suh in that order. **** Melton makes a physical corner like Tillman look all world. How does a corner make our D better? Brady still worked short and intermediate against NY with Revis and Cromartie. Yet the Giants with a freak pass rush and average CB play were able to slow down the Pats high powered attack.

Oh please... the shelf life on DTs is absurd. Atkins will probably be a rotational average player within 3 years.

And yes, having 2 corners that excel in press gives you SO much free to jam up the middle.

Bmore Manning
10-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh please... the shelf life on DTs is absurd. Atkins will probably be a rotational average player within 3 years.

And yes, having 2 corners that excel in press gives you SO much free to jam up the middle.

There are only 3 good 4-3 DT pass rushers, they are very scarce which puts a talented one as a high commodity! Pass rushers last a long time in the NFL we aren't talking about a RB.

You don't need to be all world to play press if your pass rush gets home! Two good corners sure hasn't helped NY Jets with New England majority of the time. The blue print for beating elite QBs is pressing at the line but getting your pass rush home! If your pass rush gets home, you can scheme your LBs and play press on the outside. But two all world corners doesn't help a pass rush get home when you can't cover the short and intermediate routes of a TE, RB, or slot WR.

Lestat
10-27-2012, 11:25 AM
There are only 3 good 4-3 DT pass rushers, they are very scarce which puts a talented one as a high commodity! Pass rushers last a long time in the NFL we aren't talking about a RB.

You don't need to be all world to play press if your pass rush gets home! Two good corners sure hasn't helped NY Jets with New England majority of the time. The blue print for beating elite QBs is pressing at the line but getting your pass rush home! If your pass rush gets home, you can scheme your LBs and play press on the outside. But two all world corners doesn't help a pass rush get home when you can't cover the short and intermediate routes of a TE, RB, or slot WR.

that's not really true. you often take quite a bit to develop as a pass rusher(2-3 years to become a complete guy), then you peak for 4-5 years and then a decline. so the shelf life of a pass rusher is about the same as a RB. 8 seasons or so.
by then you normally have either injuries that catch up with you, your skills are declining or you've just gotten to the point where you can't maintain the physique you used to rely on so heavily.

Tombstone RJ
10-27-2012, 11:25 AM
gotta go with Patrick Willis. This team needs a leader in the middle of the defense, not just a dominant player, but a dominant personality to move everyone in the same direction.

iforgotmypassword
10-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Give me Calvin Julio or Aj green on offense, we have NEVER had a complete monster at WR. On defense I would take Willis or bowman. It's like when ER drafted Von. You simply take the best player. Not only are they the best... They are young and They both fill a huge need. Might be cliche but too me it's very obvious

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 11:32 AM

You go ahead and name some consistent pass-rushing DTs over their careers then.

I'll wait right here.

Tim
10-27-2012, 11:37 AM
You go ahead and name some consistent pass-rushing DTs over their careers then.

I'll wait right here.

Warren sapp?

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Warren sapp?

Oh well absolutely. For sure, but come on now... there hasn't been a Warren Sapp since Warren Sapp.

DBroncos4life
10-27-2012, 11:46 AM
that's not really true. you often take quite a bit to develop as a pass rusher(2-3 years to become a complete guy), then you peak for 4-5 years and then a decline. so the shelf life of a pass rusher is about the same as a RB. 8 seasons or so.
by then you normally have either injuries that catch up with you, your skills are declining or you've just gotten to the point where you can't maintain the physique you used to rely on so heavily.

Like White, Strahan, Abraham, Doleman, Taylor, Peppers, Smith, Freeney, Randle, Douglas, Greene, Dent, Taylor, O'Neal, Thomas, Allen, etc....don't agree with you. There are tons more I can bring up as well.

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Like White, Strahan, Abraham, Doleman, Taylor, Peppers, Smith, Freeney, Randle, Douglas, Greene, Dent, Taylor, O'Neal, Thomas, Allen, etc....don't agree with you. There are tons more I can bring up as well.

Almost entirely defensive ends. Not helping the cause here.

DBroncos4life
10-27-2012, 11:57 AM

Did I quote what you said???

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Did I quote what you said???

No, just applying it forward.

I realize you're carrying a different conversation.

Bmore Manning
10-27-2012, 12:18 PM

I know the amount of DTs that are really quality for years are few and far between, and I was referring to pass rushers in general as I said pass rushers. That includes DEs..

NFLBRONCO
10-27-2012, 12:23 PM
AJ Green
Patrick Willis

DBroncos4life
10-27-2012, 12:28 PM
No, just applying it forward.

I realize you're carrying a different conversation.
To answer your question there are a few. Most are DT/DE type players.
Henry Thomas, Sapp, Pryce, Clyde Simmons, Bryant Young. The point I see BM making is if you can land one of those rare types then you do it.

spiralism
10-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Patrick Willis. MLB is a key hole in our D and he's the best going atm. Having said that, Adrian Peterson would make me think about it.

Bmore Manning
10-27-2012, 12:38 PM
To answer your question there are a few. Most are DT/DE type players.
Henry Thomas, Sapp, Pryce, Clyde Simmons, Bryant Young. The point I see BM making is if you can land one of those rare types then you do it.

Exactly! Since you said Suh you are obviously in the same mind set.

t-diddy
10-27-2012, 12:43 PM
ED REEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Broncenstein
10-27-2012, 01:19 PM
If I could add one guy this year, it would be Gronk.

Casper Bronco
10-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Adrian Peterson

Lestat
10-27-2012, 01:42 PM

almost every guy you mentioned who isn't in the HOF had 8 or so seasons of stand out play.
which is about the same shelf life of a RB. they'll have stand out seasons, have a couple of solid or ok seasons, a down year or two and then either retire or peter out.
i'm not talking about overall career longevity, i'm talking about prime years where they were an impact player and not simply a name one.

Reggie White was one of the best defensive lineman in the history of the game.
both his success and consistency is rare in the game

Michael Strahan, took him til his 5th year to become a consistent force and put together 8 really good seasons and some other ones that were up and down.

John Abraham, he's never really been a complete player. he came on in his 2nd season and has had inconsistent success, he's had 8 stand out seasons, working on a 9th but the past 4-6 seasons he's been a 2 down player or so.

Chris Doleman, he was invisible until his third season. he had 8-9 really good stand out seasons and some inconsistent ones during the other 6-7 years of his career.

Lawrence Taylor, another rare breed type like White. his success is not usually achieved.

Julius Peppers, started off pretty strong, had a down year in his 2nd season, started progressing and put together 8 stand out seasons. if he continues his current pace there could be a 9th.

Neil Smith, took him until his 3rd year to establish himself as a dominant pass rusher, he put together 7 really stand out season.

Dwight Freeney has been good since he came onto the scene, still took him a bit to be a complete player. he's had a injury shortened season and a bad down year season. how many good seasons? 8.

John Randle, started slow, really came on in his third year and put together 8 consecutive really good seasons and then petered off before a resurgent year and then petered off again and retired.

Joe Greene, again, another guy who's consistency is damn near impossible for many to achieve, that's why he's a HOF player and potentially the best complete DE in NFL history.

Richard Dent, he is another guy who was a beast and a consistent terror who is in the HOF for a reason. rarely is that consistency achieved oftern. had he not played the last 4 years of his career you could argue he never had a bad year.

Jason Taylor, took him into his 4th year to become a complete player. his prime was about 8 years and then he fell off into a solid player for the last 4 years of his career.

Leslie O'Neal, he came on strong, struggled, rebounded in his 3rd year and put together 9 really good stand out seasons.

Derrick Thomas, i hope Von can have the elite type of career he had. 11 seasons and never a bad year, but once again, his consistency is damn near unheard of and not likely to occur often.

Jared Allen, he hasn't had a bad season yet in his career.
he's got a high motor, he's been able to stay both healthy and motivated despite cashing in and playing on bad teams.
but once again, his consistency is rare.

uplink
10-27-2012, 02:25 PM
1) JJ Watt 2) SuH 3) P. Willis

g6matty
10-27-2012, 02:49 PM
adrian wilson

DBroncos4life
10-27-2012, 02:53 PM
almost every guy you mentioned who isn't in the HOF had 8 or so seasons of stand out play.
which is about the same shelf life of a RB. they'll have stand out seasons, have a couple of solid or ok seasons, a down year or two and then either retire or peter out.
i'm not talking about overall career longevity, i'm talking about prime years where they were an impact player and not simply a name one.

Reggie White was one of the best defensive lineman in the history of the game.
both his success and consistency is rare in the game

Michael Strahan, took him til his 5th year to become a consistent force and put together 8 really good seasons and some other ones that were up and down.

John Abraham, he's never really been a complete player. he came on in his 2nd season and has had inconsistent success, he's had 8 stand out seasons, working on a 9th but the past 4-6 seasons he's been a 2 down player or so.

Chris Doleman, he was invisible until his third season. he had 8-9 really good stand out seasons and some inconsistent ones during the other 6-7 years of his career.

Lawrence Taylor, another rare breed type like White. his success is not usually achieved.

Julius Peppers, started off pretty strong, had a down year in his 2nd season, started progressing and put together 8 stand out seasons. if he continues his current pace there could be a 9th.

Neil Smith, took him until his 3rd year to establish himself as a dominant pass rusher, he put together 7 really stand out season.

Dwight Freeney has been good since he came onto the scene, still took him a bit to be a complete player. he's had a injury shortened season and a bad down year season. how many good seasons? 8.

John Randle, started slow, really came on in his third year and put together 8 consecutive really good seasons and then petered off before a resurgent year and then petered off again and retired.

Joe Greene, again, another guy who's consistency is damn near impossible for many to achieve, that's why he's a HOF player and potentially the best complete DE in NFL history.

Richard Dent, he is another guy who was a beast and a consistent terror who is in the HOF for a reason. rarely is that consistency achieved oftern. had he not played the last 4 years of his career you could argue he never had a bad year.

Jason Taylor, took him into his 4th year to become a complete player. his prime was about 8 years and then he fell off into a solid player for the last 4 years of his career.

Leslie O'Neal, he came on strong, struggled, rebounded in his 3rd year and put together 9 really good stand out seasons.

Derrick Thomas, i hope Von can have the elite type of career he had. 11 seasons and never a bad year, but once again, his consistency is damn near unheard of and not likely to occur often.

Jared Allen, he hasn't had a bad season yet in his career.
he's got a high motor, he's been able to stay both healthy and motivated despite cashing in and playing on bad teams.
but once again, his consistency is rare.

Are you just counting anything over 10 sacks as a good season? Quick glance and you said Doleman had 8 good years. 13 straight years with at least 7 Sacks. He caused countless turnovers and had one season where he failed to reach 30 tackles. He had 15 sacks at the age of 38. Name a RB playing at that level passed the age of 32.

Bronco Rob
10-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Patrick Willis - First proper MLB this team has had since Al Wilson, and since Al Wilson this team defense has suffered.

Best Defenses have a strong presence in the middle ala DT - MLB - Saftey.

extralife
10-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Watt, this is easy. Our biggest problem is third down defense, he's a monster, you couldn't stop him plus Von Doom.

To everyone picking Willis, I think Bowman is probably the better player.

After Watt I might pick Ray Rice.

Broncojef
10-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Patrick Willis. MLB is a key hole in our D and he's the best going atm. Having said that, Adrian Peterson would make me think about it.

Exactly the two I'd look at....MLB and one unbelievable running back for Peyton.

Crushisback
10-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Megatron

Mile High Mojoe
10-28-2012, 11:49 AM
If it's "ANY" player and itís not based on need I say RG3, I know we have Manning but I think the sky is the limit for this kid. I was one of his doubters when he was drafted; I'm a believer and then some now.

UberBroncoMan
10-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Patrick Willis or Haloti Ngata

rmsanger
10-28-2012, 11:53 AM
AP would be the single biggest pickup we could make. Willis is solid but could you imagine the combo of Peyton passing on play action from AP and then vice versa?

broncocalijohn
10-28-2012, 12:02 PM
If it's "ANY" player and itís not best on need I say RG3, I know we have Manning but I think the sky is the limit for this kid. I was one of his doubters when he was drafted; I'm a believer and then some now.

OMG, you are back? Besides blogging to the masses, where have you been old man? Do you know poster named Lonestar?

By the way, do you still agree with your post/blog from March?

Just say NO to the Broncos Manning...please.

Signing Manning will be a mistake. After 14 years of football with a bad neck on a way better team than what the Broncos have Manning IS NOT going to be the same QB he was 5 or even 2 years ago.

Can he still play? Yes.

Is his primary reason for continuing to play related to $ís and ego and will he hit the jackpot lotto when he signs? Yes.

Do those 2 reasons trouble you if youíre a Broncos Fan? They do to me.

Will the astronomical price in dollars and cents be worth the gamble? No.

Will he improve a team like the Broncos chances of winning? Maybe.

Will the Broncos be a playoff team or a Super Bowl winning team with him at QB? Maybe the playoffs, but the Super Bowl, highly doubtful.

Will Manning end his career ugly if he goes to a rebuilding team like the Broncos? Odds are very good.

Isnít it smarter to hold onto the cap money theyíd spend on him and use it to look to fill all the other holes on the team with draft picks and good free agents at DB, DL, LB, RB, WR and maybe a TE? A resounding YES!!

The media hype and what I consider the ignorant short sightedness by fans who think this is what the Broncos MUST do are being set up for an epic failure. Itíll set the team back maybe 2 to five years because of the bankroll heíll demand.

I just think this is a horrible idea even in the short term because Manning while he still has same game left in him canít possibly at his age and with his chronic injuries carry an average or bad team to a Super Bowl win. It just wonít happen. He was a great QB but his best days are more than likely behind him and I see a horrible scenario in which the Broncos organization and worse yet the fans gets raped and robbed.

Favre was a far better athlete at his age and had a stronger arm than Manning does at this point in his career and look how Favre ended? He was on a far better team than Manning will go to also.

One more thing, this really has nothing to do with Tebow by the way but the long term future of the Broncos. While Iím not sure if heís capable of taking the team to the next level this is still a bad strategy anyway you look at it. If Tebow lays and egg this season I have no problem looking at other options in 2013. Iím results oriented, if he canít carry the water then itís onto a guy who can. I like Tebow the man but winning supersedes his personal magnetism and charm. The team should stick it out one more year with Tebow to see if he pans out and spend their money elsewhere this season.

Today Manningís supposed to make a decision about where he will go. If it does happen and he signs in Denver as always Iím a Broncos Fan first and last so Iíll root for him to succeed. Iíll root for him because heís on my team but I wonít be happy about it because I see disastrous results in the long term for my team.

DO you still agree on keeping Tebow and let him start this season instead of going with Manning?

Mile High Mojoe
10-28-2012, 12:52 PM
OMG, you are back? Besides blogging to the masses, where have you been old man? Do you know poster named Lonestar?

By the way, do you still agree with your post/blog from March?

DO you still agree on keeping Tebow and let him start this season instead of going with Manning?

You love to stalk me don't you? The jury is still out on Manning. If he can help the Broncos win a SB then yes, going with Manning was the right move. I think he has a 2 year window, I doubt he does it this year. If he doesn't do it next year, I don't think it'll happen.

Mile High Mojoe
10-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Who is Lonestar? Never heard of him.

Mile High Mojoe
10-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I doubt you care but in April I was hospitalized for Congestive Heart Failure and nearly died. It's given me a different prospective now, I just can't get angry about the Broncos. Still love them want them to win, that's about as far as it goes.

theAPAOps5
11-15-2012, 09:05 PM
I doubt you care but in April I was hospitalized for Congestive Heart Failure and nearly died. It's given me a different prospective now, I just can't get angry about the Broncos. Still love them want them to win, that's about as far as it goes.

Whoa, I just saw this. I hope you are doing better man. Never want to see anyone go through this.

broncobum6162
11-16-2012, 04:53 AM
True, true...been saying that since the Manning pickup. Can't disagree w/ the reason for signing a future Hall of Fame QB but the long term situation is the same as last year...we are right back where we started w/ a young raw qb. Oh well....at least we may have some more SB rings to show for it! :welcome:

Aaron Rodgers.

Manning is a 2-4 year deal at QB then we're back to where we were before we got him, namely trying to find a franchise QB.

Having a quality QB is just too important to pick anywhere else IMO, and of the elite guys in the league Rodgers is the youngest. You're pretty much a guaranteed contender every year for the next decade with him.

If you exclude QB's then it becomes a bit more interesting.

Jason Pierre Paul, JJ Watt, Patrick Peterson, Patrick Willis and Calvin Johnson are the five that come to mind quickest to me.

I'd probably go with Peterson, what an heir he'd be to Champ.

Blueflame
11-16-2012, 05:17 AM
Somehow the idea of Nnamdi Asomugha on one side of the field with Champ Bailey on the other side... has some appeal for me.

HighCountryBronco
11-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Ray Rice, Doug Martin, or Marshawn Lynch.

MileHighMagic
11-16-2012, 07:20 AM
This year, to win now: Arian Foster.

Best fit to fill a position of need: Patrick Willis.

Best overall value: Andrew Luck.

Exactly this!!

baja
11-16-2012, 08:02 AM
AP

Long term - Martin.

Quoydogs
11-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Clay Matthews or Megatron.

baja
11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Watt.

Can you imagine at team with Doom Watt Ayers/Wolfe Von

All the O would have to do is score a field goal and we win every game ;D

ZONA
11-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Well I'm going to assume the poster meant, who would you add right now, to win right now, not looking into the future several year when Manning is gone.

Right Now - who would I add that I think would take Denver to another level?

Adrian Peterson - without a doubt. He would make the run game special and most teams would have to keep a safety in the box and would not be able to play nickle and dime often. That would be open season for Manning and his WR's.

Next I would have to say Patrick Willis. A stud MLB would make this defense even better. He can cover TE's, stop the run, rush the passer, he does it all. And every down backer that doesn't make many mistakes.

After those 2, heck you could add a number of guys to help (Watt, Suh, Vernon Davis, Graham, Tillman, the list goes on). But I think the 1st 2 guys would be the most ideal for how Denver is set up right now.

ZONA
11-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Clay Matthews or Megatron.

Right, because the 2 guys we have playing those positions (Miller and Thomas) are scrubs. Dude, think. Who would add right now? I can maybe see Megatron but Mathews plays the same position as Miller, why would you add him over all the other possible players at positions that could use an upgrade? He didn't ask who you think the best players in the league were. Who would make the Broncos better? Both Mathews and Megatron would take good players off the field.

ZONA
11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Somehow the idea of Nnamdi Asomugha on one side of the field with Champ Bailey on the other side... has some appeal for me.

Haven't watched many Eagles games this year have you? The dude is no longer elite. Wasn't elite last year either. He's on a downward trend. You can do better then him. Go ahead and give us another player. We'll give you a do over. :strong:

Blueflame
11-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Haven't watched many Eagles games this year have you? The dude is no longer elite. Wasn't elite last year either. He's on a downward trend. You can do better then him. Go ahead and give us another player. We'll give you a do over. :strong:

Yeah, I know Asomugha has dropped off everyone's radar since going to the Eagles... but the thought was that he might return to being "elite" as part of a tandem with Champ.

Someone else? Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster. Either one would make an immediate impact.

DarkHorse
11-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Patrick Willis

baja
11-16-2012, 03:11 PM
If you had a chance to have on your team all the players named Patrick or all the players named Chris or all the players with the same name of your choosing which name would you chose?

1. Patrick

2. Chris

3. Other

Broncos_OTM
11-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Well I'm going to assume the poster meant, who would you add right now, to win right now, not looking into the future several year when Manning is gone.

Right Now - who would I add that I think would take Denver to another level?

Adrian Peterson - without a doubt. He would make the run game special and most teams would have to keep a safety in the box and would not be able to play nickle and dime often. That would be open season for Manning and his WR's.

Next I would have to say Patrick Willis. A stud MLB would make this defense even better. He can cover TE's, stop the run, rush the passer, he does it all. And every down backer that doesn't make many mistakes.

After those 2, heck you could add a number of guys to help (Watt, Suh, Vernon Davis, Graham, Tillman, the list goes on). But I think the 1st 2 guys would be the most ideal for how Denver is set up right now.this

Powderaddict
11-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Watt.

Or AJ Green if going offense

baja
11-17-2012, 07:25 AM
BEAT THE SPAMER