PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Porter Out for Sunday

GoHAM
10-26-2012, 12:52 PM
"Denver Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter will miss Sunday night's game against the New Orleans Saints as he continues to experience symptoms following a seizure he suffered in August.

Porter missed practice Thursday to see a doctor and had been hoping to get medical clearance to play against his former team...."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8555436/tracy-porter-denver-broncos-cb-play-sunday-due-illness

Hopefully Harris and Moore can continue playing well.

Action
10-26-2012, 01:03 PM
And Tony Carter...

Maybe we get our first look at Bolden Sunday.

baja
10-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Gotta think there is more to this story. A seizure is a symptom telling you something is not right. It happened in August and only now are they taking it seriously? Seems a strange protocol.

kappys
10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Gotta think there is more to this story. A seizure is a symptom telling you something is not right. It happened in August and only now are they taking it seriously? Seems a strange protocol.

Absolutely - there is likely more here than a single simple seizure 2 months ago. It may be possible that Porter is reconsidering the risks of playing football since it is certainly possible that additional head trauma could worsen a seizure condition, however I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he actually has a more serious medical condition. Hopefully he is doing all right.

Broncoman13
10-26-2012, 01:59 PM
He was dizzy and had a racing heart rate the Saturday before the Chargers game... The same symptoms he had just before the seizure in August... I think after the Bears pre_season game.

broncosteven
10-26-2012, 02:04 PM
The Injury report doesn't have him listed as out, just Questionable.

WEEK 8 - DENVER BRONCOS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012, Sports Authority Field at Mile High
DENVER BRONCOS
QUESTIONABLE: CB Tracy Porter - Illness.
PROBABLE: G Chris Kuper - Forearm. S Mike Adams - Knee; CB Chris Harris - Ankle; DT Sealver Siliga - Non-injury related; TE Jacob Tamme - Hip; LB Danny Trevathan - Thumb; WR Matthew Willis - Not Injury Related.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
OUT: TE Daniel Graham - Knee; WR Joe Morgan - Chest.
QUESTIONABLE: TE Jimmy Graham - Ankle; LB David Hawthorne - Hamstring.
PROBABLE: RB Darren Sproles - Non-Injury Related.

Action
10-26-2012, 02:12 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com

watch Porter's interview... sounds to me like Broncos are just taking extra precautions to make sure when he does come back, he's 100% ok to play.

Porter said he's healthy and feels healthy to play and wants to play.

BroncoMan4ever
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
And Tony Carter...

What's wrong with Carter?

swaiy
10-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Absolutely - there is likely more here than a single simple seizure 2 months ago. It may be possible that Porter is reconsidering the risks of playing football since it is certainly possible that additional head trauma could worsen a seizure condition, however I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he actually has a more serious medical condition. Hopefully he is doing all right.

Or, it could be just like what they said. He had the one seizure in August. Then, 2 months later, he felt the same weird feeling he got right before having his first seizure in August and the team held him out for safety and precautionary reasons.

It also is being reported that he is questionable because he was trying to get a doctor to clear him to play. It is also being reported that even if he does get cleared, he wont play because the defensive gameplan put in place has Chris Harris at RCB and Tony Carter playing NB.

Action
10-26-2012, 02:21 PM
What's wrong with Carter?

I was finishing up the end of his post... he said Hopefully Harris and Moore continue to play well. My mistake

GoHAM
10-26-2012, 02:22 PM
And Tony Carter...

Oops, that's who I was thinking of when I typed Moore, my brain has already checked out for the weekend.

Action
10-26-2012, 02:24 PM
It is also being reported that even if he does get cleared, he wont play because the defensive gameplan put in place has Chris Harris at RCB and Tony Carter playing NB.

Yeah, whoever reported that is providing false information and doesn't know much.... Tony Carter has not played a snap at the NB this whole season, and Harris attributes are best used at Slot. Colston lines up there and would eat Tony alive because of height and physical mis matches... Harris would be much better to get physical with Colston unless Bailey shadows him throughout the game.

Tony Carter doesn't really have the technique of a NB to begin with, he's much better suited for an outside corner.

And yes, Porter is QUESTIONABLE as Fox said in the interview. And as a fresh reminder:

Questionable = 50% chance a player will play

swaiy
10-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah, whoever reported that is providing false information and doesn't know much.... Tony Carter has not played a snap at the NB this whole season, and Harris attributes are best used at Slot. Colston lines up there and would eat Tony alive because of height and physical mis matches... Harris would be much better to get physical with Colston unless Bailey shadows him throughout the game.

Tony Carter doesn't really have the technique of a NB to begin with, he's much better suited for an outside corner.

And yes, Porter is QUESTIONABLE as Fox said in the interview. And as a fresh reminder:

Questionable = 50% chance a player will play

Wasnt false, i just made a mistake in relaying it because i cant quote from this device.

It said tony would see time in nickel and dime situations so based on what you said, harris would slide inside on nickel an ddime situations.

swaiy
10-26-2012, 02:34 PM
He missed Thursday's practice because of a doctor's appointment. Porter told the Denver Post late Thursday afternoon that he still hoped to be cleared to play against his former team.

But with the Broncos having worked on the defensive plan without Porter through the week, it is unlikely the Broncos would put Porter in the lineup even if he were to be cleared later Friday or Saturday. The Broncos started Chris Harris in the right cornerback spot against the Chargers and used Tony Carter in the nickel (five defensive backs) and dime (six defensive backs) packages.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21862460/broncos-tracy-porter-not-field-friday-practice#ixzz2AQekOeOI

There you go.

Action
10-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Wasnt false, i just made a mistake in relaying it because i cant quote from this device.

It said tony would see time in nickel and dime situations so based on what you said, harris would slide inside on nickel an ddime situations.

Well of course Tony would see time in Nickel and Dime, he's next on the DC, but he'd line up outside.

Porter has spent the past 4 years of his life practicing against Brees and the Saints WR's...I'm sure that experience will cancel out the fact that he didn't practice much this week.

If he can get medical clearance I think he plays....Porter knows the formations and plays the Saints run like the back of his hand.

Action
10-26-2012, 02:38 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21862460/broncos-tracy-porter-not-field-friday-practice#ixzz2AQekOeOI

There you go.

I'm not putting stock into that, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, because it is pure speculation.

swaiy
10-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Well of course Tony would see time in Nickel and Dime, he's next on the DC, but he'd line up outside.

Porter has spent the past 4 years of his life practicing against Brees and the Saints WR's...I'm sure that experience will cancel out the fact that he didn't practice much this week.

If he can get medical clearance I think he plays....Porter knows the formations and plays the Saints run like the back of his hand.

Dude, im not arguing with you. I even posted the article after my reponse. I misread it.

swaiy
10-26-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm not putting stock into that, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, because it is pure speculation.

Thats why i said its being reported. Everyone is speculating. Even you. I just posted it. Do you always make a debate out of everything?

Action
10-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Thats why i said its being reported. Everyone is speculating. Even you. I just posted it. Do you always make a debate out of everything?

I'm not debating you ;D

Yeah, it's all speculation at the end of the day, even my opinion.

TheReverend
10-26-2012, 03:09 PM

There you go.

Hmmm... thought I saw Carter playing more outside than Harris...

Kaylore
10-26-2012, 03:13 PM
I initially thought that comment about the staff being mad at Porter was bogus, and I think it probably mostly is. However I did hear on the local radio yesterday one of the reasons the coaching staff isn't pushing Porter is because they like Harris and Carter a bit better.

Just a rumor.

Mogulseeker
10-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Wow this game is going to end up like 52-42.

broncocalijohn
10-26-2012, 03:56 PM

That would be the work of The Greek.

baja
10-26-2012, 04:12 PM

There you go.

From the article.

Porter said. "... Things happen, it was unfortunate, it happened, I just have to deal with it and move on."

Read more: Broncos' Tracy Porter listed as questionable for Sunday's game - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21862460/broncos-tracy-porter-not-field-friday-practice#ixzz2ARgpAcyW
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

That does not sound like he is talking about a seizure that happened in August.

swaiy
10-26-2012, 04:21 PM
From the article.

That does not sound like he is talking about a seizure that happened in August.

Duh, Columbo. It's in reference to the symptoms he had leading up to the Chargers game this month.

baja
10-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Duh, Columbo. It's in reference to the symptoms he had leading up to the Chargers game this month.

Does not pass the smell test. IMO

TheReverend
10-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I initially thought that comment about the staff being mad at Porter was bogus, and I think it probably mostly is. However I did hear on the local radio yesterday one of the reasons the coaching staff isn't pushing Porter is because they like Harris and Carter a bit better.

Just a rumor.

If he doesn't play Sunday night, something's up (whether it's a serious health condition or actually an attitude problem)

I understand holding him out @ SD for pre-cautionary reasons even though it's possible the season was on the line in that game, but for them to not have answers after ANOTHER two weeks (let alone it being 2 months from the initial issue) with their resources at command... well that's unlikely.

extralife
10-26-2012, 05:47 PM

Just a rumor.

even if they did like Harris and Carter more, no coach is going to be idiotic enough to encourage a lack of depth, especially at a position in which depth is extremely important, against a team which will, more than any other in the NFL, repeatedly test that depth.

and yeah, whoever said that this is fishy is right. I find it hard to believe the team wouldn't have thoroughly investigated the cause of the seizure in august. to observe a lack of reoccurring symptoms and then simply say "oh well" and throw him on the field is incredibly backwards. if Porter does in fact have an underlying condition that could be exacerbated by playing football, I'd imagine he'd have grounds for pretty significant legal action. the NFLPA's ears are bound to be perked right now.

kappys
10-26-2012, 10:25 PM
He was dizzy and had a racing heart rate the Saturday before the Chargers game... The same symptoms he had just before the seizure in August... I think after the Bears pre_season game.

Sure, why was he dizzy with heart racing? A more complex medical problem perhaps?

Harvitz81
10-26-2012, 11:07 PM
I think Harris and Carter will be fine. More game experience for them and Harris is really coming into his own.

Vegas_Bronco
10-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Would the bounty scandal have him at risk for any reason?

Garcia Bronco
10-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Its probably living at this altitude. Seriously. It sounds like he can't play here.

baja
10-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Its probably living at this altitude. Seriously. It sounds like he can't play here.

Where are you getting that?

swaiy
10-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Where are you getting that?

The same place everyone is finding their conspiracy about the entire situation. The imagination.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Lets say he can't play here (don't buy that at all) then we need to be calling the Lions and getting a DT for him.

theAPAOps5
10-28-2012, 10:49 AM

Well from what I have read and saw on the news, he immediately saw a doctor and was given medication. The continued to monitor him and when related symptoms started to show up they pulled him before and event could happen again. That was before the San Diego game.

So I think they have been taking it seriously from the start. Seizures have happened to others before. I believe Jeremy Shockey was another name I heard this week who had the same thing happen while lifting weights.

baja
10-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Well from what I have read and saw on the news, he immediately saw a doctor and was given medication. The continued to monitor him and when related symptoms started to show up they pulled him before and event could happen again. That was before the San Diego game.

So I think they have been taking it seriously from the start. Seizures have happened to others before. I believe Jeremy Shockey was another name I heard this week who had the same thing happen while lifting weights.

That make sense, continuing treatment with a recent flare up. Better sense than the other options being bantered about here. Mine included.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 11:28 AM
That make sense, continuing treatment with a recent flare up. Better sense than the other options being bantered about here. Mine included.

I bet Mercola would have him back on the field in no time.

baja
10-28-2012, 11:43 AM
I bet Mercola would have him back on the field in no time.

True!

To bad for you that you don't believe that.

Tim
10-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Lets say he can't play here (don't buy that at all) then we need to be calling the Lions and getting a DT for him.

Suh and fairly for porter strait trade.

TheReverend
10-28-2012, 01:13 PM

I think this is genius. Depth:Weakness is addressed by both teams and it's out of conference.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 01:26 PM
I think this is genius. Depth:Weakness is addressed by both teams and it's out of conference.

I will take it a step further and suggest Corey Williams who is also a FA next year. That way both teams are taking on a future FA. Hill is capable of replacing Williams in my opinion.