PDA

View Full Version : Bill Polian said on NFL Live that we should trade for...

bronc_fan23
10-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Steven Jackson, once he becomes available.

Would be a great trade if we didn't give up too much.

Your thoughts?

Chris
10-25-2012, 02:55 PM
100 post rule.

But why? Jackson's a power runner. We have that in McGahee. We've got an up and comer in Hillman and we need to invest picks in our defense.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I'd rather go back in time and draft him instead of you know who.

bronc_fan23
10-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh, I thought it would automatically tell me I couldn't start threads, I didn't know it was an honor system. My mistake.

Doggcow
10-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I said this last week.

bronco militia
another slow, aging running back?

makes sense Ha!

razorwire77
I think Steven Jackson still has a surprising amount of gas left in the tank.

10-12 Carries for Jackson, 10-12 Carries for McGahee, 3rd down opportunities for Hillman. That would be quite an impressive rotation. It would also ensure that I never have to hear the words "Knowshon Moreno has entered the game at running back" or "Lance Ball up the middle for a yard" ever again.

SportinOne
10-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I have concerns about McGahee's ability to shoulder the entire load this season and be effective in the playoffs. Therefore, i think this would be a great move. However, St. Louis isn't going to trade him for peanuts. Their team is improved and they are only 2 games out of first right now. For St. Louis fans, to be in contention at all will get them to come out to the stadium. Trading him would signal that they are giving up on the season. I don't know who his backup is, but that's a factor too.

Br0nc0Buster
10-25-2012, 03:11 PM
People on here thought we should of traded a 1st for MJD... so that means Steven Jackson is worth what a 2nd?

BTW I wouldn't trade anything for him
He is breaking down
McGahee is better

RBs are a dime a dozen, we can get one in the FA next year like McGahee or through the draft

cmhargrove
10-25-2012, 03:16 PM
I thought Jackson was given the right to opt out of his contract? Won't he be a free agent right after the season?

I don't get the reason for a trade.

Houshyamama
10-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I thought Jackson was given the right to opt out of his contract? Won't he be a free agent right after the season?

Super Bowl run I guess.

NFLBRONCO
10-25-2012, 03:29 PM
We won't do anything

socalorado
10-25-2012, 03:39 PM

He voided the final year of his contract today i believe. Or yesterday.
So he is a FA at years end.
I think MJD is a better option even if he is mildly injured. Younger.
I think MJDs issues are he wants out of JAX more than hes really injured, and hes packing it in for the winter. No need to get banged up and destroyed for nothing. He walks too at years end.
DT Sedrick Ellis is also a possibility for DEN, and that would cost a 3rd rounder. Really want DEN to keep as many picks as possible.

Kaylore
10-25-2012, 03:48 PM

Voldemorte?

socalorado
10-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Voldemorte?

Foneco.
Would have totally changed the offensive dynamic of the team, and propelled them to multiple SBs.

fwf
10-25-2012, 04:13 PM

uh huh. I remember watching that draft yelling at the TV for us to grab him. Would have been a great pick, but I should have known that Shanahan's ego would never have allowed that to happen. True, mike Anderson and Olandis Gary could run for 1100 yd behind that line, but all that tells you is a great RB could have probably ran for 1600-1700.

Simple Jake
10-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Oh yea I like this.. Stephen Jackson would put us over the top.. I say he's worth two 2nd rounders, maybe a first :yayaya:

lonestar
10-25-2012, 04:27 PM
another slow, aging running back?

makes sense Ha!

:thumbs:

why do they allow rookies to start stupid threads..

broncosteven
10-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I heard this too but his argument made no sense and I had taken a handful of goofballs and was drifting off into an awesome power nap I desperately needed.

I much prefer NFL Live on Wendy Nix day (Wednesdays) She is the MILF version of Erin Andrews.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Voldemorte?

Funny I've finally found enough time to read the series.. so this one really hit home..

Actually it was all that was available in English while I spent two weeks in Germany..

Only so much German TV to watch and if Y'all think our soaps acting is bad, that is the best they have.. They would get Instant Emmy's if only it was in German..

But on book #4 and really enjoying it as I make less time here to get some reading done..

lonestar
10-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Let me add why would we want another maybe 2 year rental at the contract he has to be carrying..

Talk to me about a top flight MLB and maybe we can spend some money.. and cut some when they unload dumb asses contract..

broncosteven
10-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Funny I've finally found enough time to read the series.. so this one really hit home..

Actually it was all that was available in English while I spent two weeks in Germany..

Only so much German TV to watch and if Y'all think our soaps acting is bad, that is the best they have.. They would get Instant Emmy's if only it was in German..

But on book #4 and really enjoying it as I make less time here to get some reading done..

2 weeks in Deutscheland and you watched TV?

Heyneck
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM

The way it should have been... Just imagine the 2005-2008 teams with him. Oh what could have been...

Bacchus
10-25-2012, 05:24 PM
You could probably get Jackson for a 5th rounder. maybe a 4th. it would not take much.

Big in Jackson and cut the turd. (Insert Name Here)

extralife
10-25-2012, 05:25 PM
he's essentially been benched in St. Louis, and right now he's certainly no better than McGahee. would be a dumb move.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 05:45 PM

No saw a lot of places hit several vineyards. Went to France, black Forrest and loads of top notch restaurants But late at night trying to get to sleep and then there is Libary time.

Anyway read a couple of books before I got home. Hell the flight back from FRA to atl was like 13 hours hellish head winds.
I'm not a big German speaker and when they wifes family get started and having like 6 conversations at once it was time to hit the books.

They might as well been speaking Chinese during those times.

So yes I read a couple of HP books. Always wanted to as my kids realy recommended them. But was working full time, going to lots of games my daughter played in so no time then.

bowtown
10-25-2012, 05:58 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4MGLohYTSXA/T3870oIs0oI/AAAAAAAABfs/Fs6Qv7vUnY0/s1600/doNotWant.jpg

lolcopter
10-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I think some people are selectively forgetting some of mcgahee's fumbles this season

SJAX is no young buck for sure, but I'd give up a 3rd rounder at the drop of a hat for him

Tombstone RJ
10-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Your thoughts?

I'll say the exact same thing I said about trading for MJD, it aaallll depends on what the Rams would take in a trade. If they want like a second round pick or so, ok. If they want a first round pick then no.

Now, I might trade Hillman and a pick for Jackson and a pick? Maybe...

lolcopter
10-25-2012, 06:16 PM
I doubt they want a 1st seeing as how his contract was just restructured to let him walk at the end of the season

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2012, 06:32 PM

German reality tv is very entertaining

Hulamau
10-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Oh, I thought it would automatically tell me I couldn't start threads, I didn't know it was an honor system. My mistake.

Relax, its mostly there as an understood initial milestone to prevent this place being overrun by trolls ... and even at that task it often falls short ...

extralife
10-25-2012, 06:41 PM
If they want like a second round pick or so, ok.

there's a reason you aren't a GM

g6matty
10-25-2012, 07:04 PM
yea a second roudn pick is just crazy for a RB who would opt of his contract at the end of the year. ship them a conditional 6th with the chance for a 5th and then we could pull the trigger

another thing we need to think if McGahee goes down with an injury could hillman moreno or ball handle the starting job the rest of the year

Mogulseeker
10-25-2012, 07:20 PM
100 post rule.

But why? Jackson's a power runner. We have that in McGahee. We've got an up and comer in Hillman and we need to invest picks in our defense.

Exactly. I don't see much of a difference between him and McGahee.

bowtown
10-25-2012, 08:00 PM
I think some people are selectively forgetting some of mcgahee's fumbles this season

SJAX is no young buck for sure, but I'd give up a 3rd rounder at the drop of a hat for him

I remember them very well and I still think giving up a 3rd for an old RB with tons of miles, at the end of his career, and who will be a FA at the end of the season is borderline insanity. If St. Louis does trade him midseason and gets anything higher than a 5th, I'll eat my hat.

lolcopter
10-25-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't think he's getting traded

tsiguy96
10-25-2012, 08:46 PM
as long as he can play MLB im down

Bmore Manning
10-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Whether you agree with this concept or not, you ****ing morons who think McGahee is a better RB than Jackson should stop opening your mouths, because you obviously only watch Denver and Denver only.

He runs faster, harder, stronger.
Has better hands.
Pass protects better.
Has been the focal point of opposing teams defenses for years yet has many 1000 yard seasons.
Does not FUMBLE.

I watched McGahee in Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore, and now Denver. I'll go with what I have seen from both over the years to know who has the far superior talent!

lonestar
10-25-2012, 08:54 PM

This makes more sense than any other post.

maven
10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Maybe Denver should have drafted Doug Martin...

Tombstone RJ
10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
there's a reason you aren't a GM

same can be said for you. :welcome:

extralife
10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
same can be said for you. :welcome:

so I'm not a GM because I wouldn't give a second for steven jackson?

ok

Jetmeck
10-25-2012, 09:55 PM

Decent thread and good idea......no worries

Tombstone RJ
10-25-2012, 10:02 PM
so I'm not a GM because I wouldn't give a second for steven jackson?

ok

You're right that you are not a GM. As for trading a second for Jackson, you're also right in it would be too much.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2012, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't mind him at all. Two power backs are never a bad thing. He's much better out of the backfield then Mcgahee. Pick and Moreno get it done :-).

Mogulseeker
10-25-2012, 10:35 PM
I' just saying, he's not worth what we'd have to give up for him. We're a passing team, anyway.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2012, 10:39 PM
I' just saying, he's not worth what we'd have to give up for him. We're a passing team, anyway.

That is where his 379 career receptions come in handy.

broncocalijohn
10-26-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't think he's getting traded

If he is gone at the end of the season and Rams are not going to be a playoff team this year, why not try to get a draft pick or player for him?

bronc_fan23
10-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Relax, its mostly there as an understood initial milestone to prevent this place being overrun by trolls ... and even at that task it often falls short ...

Totally agree with the rule, was just surprised that the system wouldn't tell me to go eff off if that was the rule. haha I'm all for keeping the trolls at bay.

fwf
10-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Maybe Denver should have drafted Doug Martin...

**** yeah.. he went at the end of the first which would have given us like 3 chances to take him. That guy is a difference maker if Ive ever seen one. The lanes weren't there all the time and it didnt matter. That was one of the most impressive showings ive seen from a RB in a long time. He and AD both. Watching that game really brought home the fact that we havent had a talent like that totting the rock in Denver since TD. Can you imagine if you gave Peyton a weapon like that?

And I would be ok with giving up a 5 if Jackson was healthy then just letting him walk at the end of the year. But they could see what he's got left and sign him and let Mcgahee walk. Willis cant and wont be counted on as our #1 next season obviously.

mwill07
10-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Not sure SJ would make this team better. I love him as a player, I just don't think he's that one missing piece that puts us over the top.

Give me some depth along the lines (O or D) or LB and I'd be pretty happy.

HILife
10-26-2012, 08:03 AM

Ed Reed?

Boogerboots
10-26-2012, 08:21 AM

Agreed. Too bad we couldn't pickup the spawn from the Legion of Doom.

Laurenitis I think?

Hamrob
10-26-2012, 09:51 AM
I'll tell you what.

Over the last 3-5yrs....we have traded a way good talent for next to nothing. So, if we can bring in good talent for next to nothing....then, I'm all for it.

Let's give them a 5th rounder and bring him to Denver. That's the true market, isn't it? I mean what did we get for Brandon Lloyd?

cmhargrove
10-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Let's get Tebow back, then pick up Jackson - WISHBONE BABY!

Mile High Salute
10-26-2012, 02:19 PM

Your thoughts?

This is why Polian is no longer a GM.

NFLBRONCO
10-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Front 7 player would do more this year vs a RB. I'm not a fan of SJ

underrated29
10-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I love SJ and he is definitely worth a 4th. If we could send a 4th for him it would be worth it. He runs harder than mcgahee and is even harder to tackle. He breaks tackles like a moose. And he can catch, excellent hands. He has lost his shiftiness though, and where ever he decides to run is where he is going. I have had him in ff and watched him a lot last year and the year prior. He could certainly help spell willis, actually probably take over his job.

It would not happen, but yes, I would love to have him here. Still, id rather just send a nice pick to carolina for stewart but oh well.

swaiy
10-26-2012, 04:11 PM
I love SJ and he is definitely worth a 4th. If we could send a 4th for him it would be worth it. He runs harder than mcgahee and is even harder to tackle. He breaks tackles like a moose. And he can catch, excellent hands. He has lost his shiftiness though, and where ever he decides to run is where he is going. I have had him in ff and watched him a lot last year and the year prior. He could certainly help spell willis, actually probably take over his job.

It would not happen, but yes, I would love to have him here. Still, id rather just send a nice pick to carolina for stewart but oh well.

They are making Stewart the primary workhorse back now. D-Will is now spelling him.

lolcopter
10-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Not sure SJ would make this team better.

lol

extralife
10-26-2012, 05:52 PM
bringing in SJ would also likely make some waves in the locker room. McGahee is a team leader. It's not very often you bring in people to replace those guys mid season.

bowtown
10-26-2012, 06:21 PM
lol

Yeah, bringing in an old RB after the bye week who doesn't know the nuances of Peyton Manning's calls, protections and offense to replace our current old RB that does would be a huge upgrade. He might even be able to see the field by week 10.

swaiy
10-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah, bringing in an old RB after the bye week who doesn't know the nuances of Peyton Manning's calls, protections and offense to replace our current old RB that does would be a huge upgrade. He might even be able to see the field by week 10.

:yep: brilliant

broncosteven
10-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't see us making a move for another old RB.

I think Hillman is going to work out very well for us.

Now if St L. offered up Jackson for KM I would be all over that.

underrated29
10-26-2012, 06:49 PM
And what if Mcgahee were to .......what if we had to roll with ball Hillman and Moreno....would you all feel fine then? O maybe bring in an insurance policy for a 4th...

Remember Mcgahee was fine with being 1a and 1b with knowshon. He coaches have even said they wanted to limit his carries this year vs last year. I don't think it would be a problem....

We won't because then none of our backs would play ST and that is why ball is active and on the roster because of that. If not he would be where knowshon is.

broncosteven
10-26-2012, 07:18 PM
And what if Mcgahee were to .......what if we had to roll with ball Hillman and Moreno....would you all feel fine then? O maybe bring in an insurance policy for a 4th...

Remember Mcgahee was fine with being 1a and 1b with knowshon. He coaches have even said they wanted to limit his carries this year vs last year. I don't think it would be a problem....

We won't because then none of our backs would play ST and that is why ball is active and on the roster because of that. If not he would be where knowshon is.

Just think if we had Tom Brady backing up Manning!

OK maybe not quite the same thing but KM is our insurance policy, even if it is a sucky insurance policy. At least we have the luxury of having a 1st round bust...ummmm....I mean pick sitting at home waiting for a way to get back on the field should one of our RB's go down for any length of time.

Who knows maybe if KM ever does see the field again he will have learned to: stop dancing, stop running up his blockers backs, allude turf monsters, not get caught by the DL 10+ yards down field, fumble after getting caught from behind, drink and drive, blow blocking assignments, break a run off longer than 36 yards, avg more than 1.9 YPC, and have more TD's than Fumbles.

It could happen...

baja
10-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't see us making a move for another old RB.

I think Hillman is going to work out very well for us.

Now if St L. offered up Jackson for KM I would be all over that.

You mean you would allow KM to leave???

Who knew.

baja
10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Just think if we had Tom Brady backing up Manning!

OK maybe not quite the same thing but KM is our insurance policy, even if it is a sucky insurance policy. At least we have the luxury of having a 1st round bust...ummmm....I mean pick sitting at home waiting for a way to get back on the field should one of our RB's go down for any length of time.

Who knows maybe if KM ever does see the field again he will have learned to: stop dancing, stop running up his blockers backs, allude turf monsters, not get caught by the DL 10+ yards down field, fumble after getting caught from behind, drink and drive, blow blocking assignments, break a run off longer than 36 yards, avg more than 1.9 YPC, and have more TD's than Fumbles.

It could happen...

LOL Can't argue with that.

Bacchus
10-26-2012, 07:42 PM
I'll tell you what.

Over the last 3-5yrs....we have traded a way good talent for next to nothing. So, if we can bring in good talent for next to nothing....then, I'm all for it.

Let's give them a 5th rounder and bring him to Denver. That's the true market, isn't it? I mean what did we get for Brandon Lloyd?

Who said Brandon Lloyd is good talent. He washed out in St. Louis and is a huge disappointment in N.E.

DBroncos4life
10-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Who said Brandon Lloyd is good talent. He washed out in St. Louis and is a huge disappointment in N.E.

Huh? Lloyd had 51catches, 683 yards and 5 TDs with the Rams. He did that in 11 games. That would be 74 catches, 993 yards and 7 TDs over 16 games. As for this year meh, He is on pace for 80 catches,928 yards and 2 TDs. Outside of last game vs the Jets hes played OK on a team with Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk taking up most of the targets.

Agamemnon
10-26-2012, 08:06 PM
You could probably get Jackson for a 5th rounder. maybe a 4th. it would not take much.

Big in Jackson and cut the turd. (Insert Name Here)

We'd be stupid not to give up a 5th rounder for the guy if you ask me. After McGahee, our running back stable is just depressing.

baja
10-26-2012, 08:18 PM
For a 5th??? Hell yes, who wouldn't if you needed help at the position.

The Joker
10-26-2012, 08:25 PM
We'd be stupid not to give up a 5th rounder for the guy if you ask me. After McGahee, our running back stable is just depressing.

Yep, people are acting as if McGahee staying healthy is a lock.

I like Hillman's potential a lot but I wouldn't want to bet our season on him at this point if McGahee went down. Moreno and Ball are horrendous runners, so if we could bring in a talent like Jackson and jettison one of them we'd be much improved as a team.

All depends on the compensation, of course, but if we could get him for a 5th round pick I wouldn't be upset at all. Guy has never played on a good offense his whole career, I've got to believe that playing with Peyton would be hugely motivating for him. And if he comes in and impresses then you've got the inside track on resigning him in the offseason.

I doubt St. Louis trades him though, at 3-4 they're still far from out of the playoff hunt. Even with a loss this week they're still 3-5 at the bye, too early to give up on the season probably.

OrangeSe7en
10-27-2012, 07:09 AM

Agreed. It would have better to have drafted Jackson than Moreno.

bowtown
10-27-2012, 08:00 AM

Agreed, but I don't think he'd replace Mcgahee as the starter.

Bmore Manning
10-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Agreed, but I don't think he'd replace Mcgahee as the starter.

He would most certainly pass McGahee on the depth chart within a few short weeks, and that's just to learn the play book and audibles. If you think McGahee has any advantage other than current chemistry and familiarity, then you know nothing outside of Denver.