PDA

View Full Version : Least and Most Liked Players in the NFL

Binkythefrog
10-24-2012, 07:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8548127/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-jay-cutler-chicago-bears-least-liked-nfl-players-forbes-list

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanriper/2012/10/23/the-nfls-most-and-least-liked-players/

Lots of players with Broncos ties on this list:

Cutler, Quinn, Orton, Manning.

I'm sure you can guess who is on which list.

menonite
10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Nothing to write about? Just have poll commissioned. Why bother doing any real reporting when for a few bucks you can make the news up yourself.

How many people were surveyed? What was the breakdown among gender? How many described themselves as regular viewers of the NFL? Doesn't matter. Just come up with a few numbers and let the ad dollars flow in.

KipCorrington25
10-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I can't belive Palumalu won I can't stand that prick.

Tim
10-24-2012, 08:03 PM
how is Orton on there, and how is Cam not?

extralife
10-24-2012, 08:08 PM
list is obviously wrong, tebow isn't on both (or, uhhh, either)

Kaylore
10-24-2012, 08:16 PM
I don't get how people dislike Leinart. I mean not that he's likable, but he seems irrelevant. There are twenty players I can think of who I dislike more than Matt Leinart.

broncocalijohn
10-24-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't get how people dislike Leinart. I mean not that he's likable, but he seems irrelevant. There are twenty players I can think of who I dislike more than Matt Leinart.

The hot tub picture made a whole bunch of fans jealous.

baja
10-24-2012, 08:31 PM

LOL Now that's funny!!

NFLBRONCO
10-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Surprised Champ wasn't listed

Tebow wasn't on list must be working most popular vigin list to post later

lonestar
10-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I can't belive Palumalu won I can't stand that prick.

must be petty jealousy had he played for the Broncos instead of a team that kicked our asses over the years. you would love the guy.. probably the same for Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and the list goes on..

Bet you hated Manning while he was in INDY also..

I know quality when I see it.. I would have loved to him him in DEN instead to the morons (save John L and Dawkins) we have been saddled with since Atwater was released by Mikey..

KipCorrington25
10-24-2012, 08:40 PM
must be petty jealousy had he played for the Broncos instead of a team that kicked our asses over the years. you would love the guy.. probably the same for Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and the list goes on..

I know quality when I see it.. I would have loved to him him in DEN instead to the morons (save John L and Dawkins) we have been saddled with since Atwater was released by Mikey..

He plays dirty.

lonestar
10-24-2012, 08:52 PM
He plays dirty.

no more or less than Atwater did..

He plays with a passion..

Had he been on DEN team would you still feel that way?

Br0nc0Buster
10-24-2012, 08:57 PM

kicked our asses?
If recent history is of any relevance they have no room to talk at all

Polumalu is a dirty piece of ****
I dont care how good he is

lonestar
10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
kicked our asses?

I dont care how good he is Sure you do not..

we beat them twice lately, once on a fluke play for 80 yards.. BFD..
this year first game we got lucky.. without a good many of their starters, BTW same applied to the the playoff game..

this last one..

Final Score 19 Final Score 31
Time of Possession 35:05 Time of Possession 24:55
then go back to and look at AFFCG to start with..

They have clearly been the better team the past decade.. and lots of that has been because of Troy P.

baja
10-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Cutler with a bullet, what a surprise.

NUB
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
The interesting thing about Polamalu is that he is probably the most religious person in the NFL. People often talk-up Tebow, but Polamalu is known to be chanting Christian verses while tackling people. If I remember right, he recently converted to Orthodox Christianity and is very much into it.

I'm surprised to see Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn on that list, because they haven't done anything but be busts. At the very least Vince Young is a bust and he committed hubris last season with his dream team crap that caught the Eagles a lot of flak. Kyle Orton's appearance is hilarious, possibly affirming that he is the most generic, mediocre and boring QB to watch in the entire league. Not at all surprised by Cutler and Suh topping the list, though both guys are actually pretty decent folks off the field. Santonio Holmes is the least likable player right now when it comes to on-the-field crap, personally speaking.

Blueflame
10-24-2012, 11:37 PM

I'm just not seeing this alleged "ass-kicking over the years" from a team we've beaten 14-7-1. In the last decade (and/or since Polamalu was drafted in 2003), we've won 5 times and lost twice.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=den&tm2=pit&yr=all

FearLanier
10-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Can't say I'm surprised about Suh. He's the dirtiest player in the league.

He acts like a Raider.

rmsanger
10-25-2012, 12:41 AM
figured Brady, Big Ben, and AP would be on that list... I can't figure why anyone wouldn't put SJax and AP on the like list for all that they do for their teams.

:shrug:

lonestar
10-25-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm just not seeing this alleged "ass-kicking over the years" from a team we've beaten 14-7-1. In the last decade (and/or since Polamalu was drafted in 2003), we've won 5 times and lost twice.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=den&tm2=pit&yr=all

Actually it is 18-10-1 as I just saw it..

I discount the last two "wins" although they are wins neither time did PIT bring their stud starters to town.. their "other" starting safety played in neither game due to sickle cell issues at altitude..

nor did many of their other stars play IIRC in both games they were down to almost playing TE's on the online..

Call me a purest but hollow victories over beat up teams does not show me much.. BUT, yes it is a win..

Please tell me you would not have liked to have Troy P playing in DEN all these years, other than some of the other skells we have had.. I discount that by saying John L and B dawkins are not considered on the Skell list.. but even then they were rentals and not nearly in their prime..

swaiy
10-25-2012, 02:17 AM

I discount the last two "wins" although they are wins neither time did PIT bring their stud starters to town.. their "other" starting safety played in neither game due to sickle cell issues at altitude..

nor did many of their other stars play IIRC in both games they were down to almost playing TE's on the online..

Call me a purest but hollow victories over beat up teams does not show me much.. BUT, yes it is a win..

Please tell me you would not have liked to have Troy P playing in DEN all these years, other than some of the other skells we have had.. I discount that by saying John L and B dawkins are not considered on the Skell list.. but even then they were rentals and not nearly in their prime..

Next man up. Part of having a good team is having good depth. Injuries happen to every team. Its football and a win is a win no matter how much you discount it.

As for Polamalu, Ive never really seen him as a dirty player. That jui jitsu takle he did on DT was a little over the top for me but other than that, never really thought he was dirty.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 02:27 AM
Next man up. Part of having a good team is having good depth. Injuries happen to every team. Its football and a win is a win no matter how much you discount it.

As for Polamalu, Ive never really seen him as a dirty player. That jui jitsu takle he did on DT was a little over the top for me but other than that, never really thought he was dirty.

YOur correct but when you are down to the last walking OL guy becasue 4+ have been hurt in the last couple ogf games well we would be sucking hind teat if it happened to us..

and then having those same OL guys playing positions other than what they normally would just compounds it.. IIRC the ORT was playing OC in the last game.. Sometime that next man up is a TE..

I have seen nothing but great plays out of Troy P.. I think most folks or probably should say KIDDIES on here are pissed that he has been to more Pro bowls than most of our team combined..

IMO is it sad to hate a player or a team just because they beat you.. Now I will say I have zero love lost on any raider save maybe Seymour would have loved to have him but not at the price aldavis paid..

way to many petty little prissy kiddies that really do not understand NFL football.. and they run around here hating this guy or that guy, for the only reason that they helped beat our team.. petty little minds..

Jay3
10-25-2012, 04:43 AM

The list was created by just asking Tebow for pronouncements.

v2micca
10-25-2012, 04:48 AM

Yeah, I was kind of scratching my head on that one as well. Hell, I didn't even know that he was still in the NFL. Must be residual USC hate.

bowtown
10-25-2012, 04:59 AM
YOur correct but when you are down to the last walking OL guy becasue 4+ have been hurt in the last couple ogf games well we would be sucking hind teat if it happened to us..

and then having those same OL guys playing positions other than what they normally would just compounds it.. IIRC the ORT was playing OC in the last game.. Sometime that next man up is a TE..

I have seen nothing but great plays out of Troy P.. I think most folks or probably should say KIDDIES on here are pissed that he has been to more Pro bowls than most of our team combined..

IMO is it sad to hate a player or a team just because they beat you.. Now I will say I have zero love lost on any raider save maybe Seymour would have loved to have him but not at the price aldavis paid..

way to many petty little prissy kiddies that really do not understand NFL football.. and they run around here hating this guy or that guy, for the only reason that they helped beat our team.. petty little minds..

just shut up already.

Blueflame
10-25-2012, 05:15 AM

Then profootballreference.com needs to update their head-to-head page (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/head-to-head.htm) 'cause that's where my numbers came from.

Wins are wins regardless of whether or not "you" discount them. Our playoff losses vs Indy still counted even though future HOF'er Champ Bailey was sidelined by injuries. It would have been nice to have him on the field instead of Roc Alexander but there are no "asterisks" in the record book; injuries are a part of the game and sometimes it comes down to the quality (or lack thereof) of a team's backups.

And I still maintain that 2-5 vs Denver in Polamalu's career does not constitute "kicking our ass over the years". Polamalu's a stud player and this is not a diss on him.... but the fact is his team has lost more games against us than they've won.

v2micca
10-25-2012, 05:18 AM
Sure you do not..

I have to disagree with you here. To me, a fluke play was Orton bouncing a pass off Marshall to have it land in Stokely's hands who then runs it in for a long touchdown in the closing seconds of the Bengals opener in '09. Thomas beating his man on a simple post pattern and then getting loose because there was no safety help over the top as the Steelers were selling out to stop the run isn't a fluke. It was just a team getting burned for playing a high risk/ high reward defensive alignment.

Rohirrim
10-25-2012, 05:21 AM
On my "least liked" list of players, Phyllis Rivers tops the list. Followed by Tom Brady.

BroncoLifer
10-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Surprising that neither Ray-Ray nor Rapistberger on the list.

loborugger
10-25-2012, 07:11 AM

:)

I was thinking he would make one of the lists, too. I think at this time last year, he woulda. I think it's just an indicator that he is bright shiny object that attracts the attention of the public for a while. Than when he cant produce enough to even get on the field his stances, his declarations, and his college success become yesterday's news. As they say, he got his 15 minutes of fame.

bronco militia
10-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Kyle orton in the top 10 of the hated list???? I figured I was the only one ;D

Jay3
10-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Kyle orton in the top 10 of the hated list???? I figured I was the only one ;D

I think the appearance of both Orton and Quinn on top 10 disliked list is an instance of the Little Known Tebow Effect.

RedskinBronco
10-25-2012, 08:02 AM
On my "least liked" list of players, Phyllis Rivers tops the list. Followed by Tom Brady.

On mine as well.

Phyllis Rivers is the most annoying prick in the league. Forget just Broncos fans hate for the guy, he is the biggest bitch in the league. His constant chirping and then whining to refs makes him easily the most least liked guy IMO

lonestar
10-25-2012, 08:17 AM
just shut up already.

Not going to happen.

So you have two options do not be rude with your juvenile responses. Mr tuff guy.

Or put me on IGGY.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 08:27 AM
I have to disagree with you here. To me, a fluke play was Orton bouncing a pass off Marshall to have it land in Stokely's hands who then runs it in for a long touchdown in the closing seconds of the Bengals opener in '09. Thomas beating his man on a simple post pattern and then getting loose because there was no safety help over the top as the Steelers were selling out to stop the run isn't a fluke. It was just a team getting burned for playing a high risk/ high reward defensive alignment.

As for Orion's play IMO no differs than tebow being able to get the ball to DT. Now DT did make a hell of a run.

But no one and that includes 98% of the wunderkins on here saw that coming.

Still missing as many starters as they were IMO still is the main reason for the loss IMO had they been there as well as all of ours, the game would not have been tied at end if regulation. I think most would have agreed with that premise.

At least anyone that is not a total homer. Anyone think that not having their starting safety for any games in DEN might have been the reason they DT pass was caught.

While a great moral victory that was all it was. As the next week once again we got our ass kicked.

So rah rah all you want all it did IMO was cost us 8 draft spots.

Ironlung
10-25-2012, 08:32 AM
no more or less than Atwater did..

He plays with a passion..

Had he been on DEN team would you still feel that way?

No more or less than Atwater?!?! GTFO. Thats one of the more ridiculous things ive ever read here.

If you said DS49 that would make more sense...Polamalu has been dirty since the usc vs. Kansas State bowl game.

Atwater dirty..... lol

Bigdawg26
10-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Wow three of our last four QB's were on that least liked list including Brady Quinn but I can't remember if he started a game or not.

v2micca
10-25-2012, 08:57 AM
As for Orion's play IMO no differs than tebow being able to get the ball to DT. Now DT did make a hell of a run.

Why? It was not a difficult pass. Straight down the field 20 yards, just aim for the large 6'3" 230 lb reciever. Any quarterback in the league, including Tebow, completes that pass more often than not.

But no one and that includes 98% of the wunderkins on here saw that coming.

Considering the number of posters I remember screaming for play action prior to the snap, I'm going to doubt the accuracy of that number.

Still missing as many starters as they were IMO still is the main reason for the loss IMO had they been there as well as all of ours, the game would not have been tied at end if regulation. I think most would have agreed with that premise.

Most will agree it would have been a different game. That is all I will concede as outside a quantum state reality matrix there is no way to prove that the outcome would have significantly favored Broncos or the Steelers.

At least anyone that is not a total homer. Anyone think that not having their starting safety for any games in DEN might have been the reason they DT pass was caught.

Considering the fact that their starting safety also would have been crowding the box instead of playing the pass on that snap.....not so much.

While a great moral victory that was all it was. As the next week once again we got our ass kicked.

So rah rah all you want all it did IMO was cost us 8 draft spots.

Try one draft spot. Pittsburg got 24 and we had 25, which we later traded. And I will take Play-off Wins over draft position any day of the week.

Crushaholic
10-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Troy Polomalu, as #1 most liked? It must be the hair. He DOES have a reputation for dirty play.

Phillip Rivers HAS to be on the most-hated list. It's no wonder that Cutler and Rivers didn't like each other. They act very similar. I'm not sure why Orton is on that list, though. They must have talked to a lot of Broncos fans. Nobody else hates Orton. In fact, some Chiefs fans wish they had Orton back...Ha!

baja
10-25-2012, 09:46 AM
I'd love to see the results of a confidential poll conducted among the players.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Sure you do not..

this year first game we got lucky.. without a good many of their starters, BTW same applied to the the playoff game..

this last one..

Why you try to get on nerves like go_broncos is beyond me. Maybe it is your obvious old age but calling Tebow's throw to DT a "fluke" play shows much retardness in your bones. Figure out a fluke play first before calling that play action (which all fans asked for since the 1st quarter) pass a fluke. Steelers thought we would run it on first down like we did so many times in a row. You want fluke? Try McCaffrey's catch for the game winning TD vs Minnesota around 1998. That thing bouncing off two defenders to land in his arms at the 1 yardline and fall into the endzone spells a fluke.

Nice hatred when you make **** up.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Why? It was not a difficult pass. Straight down the field 20 yards, just aim for the large 6'3" 230 lb reciever. Any quarterback in the league, including Tebow, completes that pass more often than not.

Considering the number of posters I remember screaming for play action prior to the snap, I'm going to doubt the accuracy of that number.

Most will agree it would have been a different game. That is all I will concede as outside a quantum state reality matrix there is no way to prove that the outcome would have significantly favored Broncos or the Steelers.

Considering the fact that their starting safety also would have been crowding the box instead of playing the pass on that snap.....not so much.

Try one draft spot. Pittsburg got 24 and we had 25, which we later traded. And I will take Play-off Wins over draft position any day of the week.

any QB including TEBOW completes that pass Shirley you jest.. While I really like Tebow his passing is at best, at very best limited..

as for the play action commentary I do not get involved in game day threads.. But I also suspect they in their wildest dreams did not envision what happened..

I doubt seriously that the safety would have been crowding the box, even had he been had much better instincts and recovery than the replacement..

NO we would have drafted in the high teens IIRC 13-20 as we were tired with loads of folks at 8-8

Arizona Cardinals NFC NCW 8 8 0 .500 312 348 -36 37 6-2 2-6 4-2 .667 7-5 .583 1-3 1W 4-1
Chicago Bears NFC NCN 8 8 0 .500 353 341 12 38 5-3 3-5 3-3 .500 7-5 .583 1-3 1W 1-4
Dallas Cowboys NFC NCE 8 8 0 .500 369 347 22 39 5-3 3-5 2-4 .333 6-6 .500 2-2 2L 1-4
z- Denver Broncos AFC ACW 8 8 0 .500 309 390 -81 36 3-5 5-3 3-3 .500 6-6 .500 2-2 3L 2-3
New York Jets AFC ACE 8 8 0 .500 377 363 14 45 6-2 2-6 3-3 .500 6-6 .500 2-2 3L 2-3
Oakland Raiders AFC ACW 8 8 0 .500 359 433 -74 38 3-5 5-3 3-3 .500 6-6 .500 2-2 1L 1-4
Philadelphia Eagles NFC NCE 8 8 0 .500 396 328 68 46 3-5 5-3 5-1 .833 6-6 .500 2-2 4W 4-1
San Diego Chargers AFC ACW 8 8 0 .500 406 377 29 46 5-3 3-5 3-3 .500 7-5 .583 1-3 1W 4-1
we would have been in this grouping somewhere depending on tie breakers as well as coin flips..

cmhargrove
10-25-2012, 10:18 AM
just shut up already.

Seriously. He's going to break out his yellow towel any time now...

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 10:22 AM
any QB including TEBOW completes that pass Shirley you jest.. While I really like Tebow his passing is at best, at very best limited..

as for the play action commentary I do not get involved in game day threads.. But I also suspect they in their wildest dreams did not envision what happened..

I doubt seriously that the safety would have been crowding the box, even had he been had much better instincts and recovery than the replacement..

NO we would have drafted in the high teens IIRC 13-20 as we were tired with loads of folks at 8-8

Arizona Cardinals NFC NCW 8 8 0 .500 312 348 -36 37 6-2 2-6 4-2 .667 7-5 .583 1-3 1W 4-1
Chicago Bears NFC NCN 8 8 0 .500 353 341 12 38 5-3 3-5 3-3 .500 7-5 .583 1-3 1W 1-4
Dallas Cowboys NFC NCE 8 8 0 .500 369 347 22 39 5-3 3-5 2-4 .333 6-6 .500 2-2 2L 1-4
z- Denver Broncos AFC ACW 8 8 0 .500 309 390 -81 36 3-5 5-3 3-3 .500 6-6 .500 2-2 3L 2-3
New York Jets AFC ACE 8 8 0 .500 377 363 14 45 6-2 2-6 3-3 .500 6-6 .500 2-2 3L 2-3
Oakland Raiders AFC ACW 8 8 0 .500 359 433 -74 38 3-5 5-3 3-3 .500 6-6 .500 2-2 1L 1-4
Philadelphia Eagles NFC NCE 8 8 0 .500 396 328 68 46 3-5 5-3 5-1 .833 6-6 .500 2-2 4W 4-1
San Diego Chargers AFC ACW 8 8 0 .500 406 377 29 46 5-3 3-5 3-3 .500 7-5 .583 1-3 1W 4-1
we would have been in this grouping somewhere depending on tie breakers as well as coin flips..

Too finally get a division title and then wipe away any talk of "backing into the playoffs" by winning against the Steelers brings back the hope fans have been waiting since 2005. To take that away for a POSSIBLE upgraded draft pick is beyond retarded. I bet you were one of the few that wanted us to lose to the Vikings at the end of the 2007 season to finish 7-9 (below .500 for the first time in years) just to move up a few spots. BTW, our pick, Ryan Clady, seems to have worked out just fine. You wanted us to lose that playoff game? ****ing loser!

baja
10-25-2012, 10:28 AM
I thought for sure this thread would devolve into a Cutler food fight.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Seriously. He's going to break out his yellow towel any time now...

I've been watching Broncos probably since before your were born.. Please do not challenge my orange Blood..

While they have been my team since day one and frankly even before that first game. I can appreciate what other teams have accomplished..

While I may not like them because f it It does nto cloud my mind.. I can see how great some players are Urlacker, Troy P. Starting to think that Eli is not Mannings little brother but it also may be the team he has around him..

Rivers was a damned fine QB a few years ago better than anything we had..
While I detested Bree as a charger his play in NOL is HOF worthy..

WOuld I ever wave a yellow flag?

I just am past the petty jealously that most kiddies have, the other team and their players 90% of our fans would have taken Troy P in a heart beat and even if they thought he played dirty they would have pawned off the criticism as other teams being jealous.

Just like when John L was here he had some devastating hits and other fans cried foul, same with Atwater, Smith and a few others Hell even Romo was backed by our fans because of the hits he made.. Until the spitting incident we thought he almost walked on water..

So please do not disparage my fandom with your petty ass remarks..

menonite
10-25-2012, 10:38 AM
any QB including TEBOW completes that pass Shirley you jest...

...so Tebow didn't make that throw?

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 10:38 AM
^The problem is your negativity towards legit wins. Discounting last year's playoff win as a "fluke" shows how you hated this team because of the QB. Then to top it off that you wanted us to lose against the Steelers for a higher draft pick is beyond retarded. Appreciating other players from non-Broncos teams does show maturity but what I describe still doesn't change the attitude retardness you have as one of your traits.

v2micca
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM

Yes, it is. He can't throw the quick out. He nose dives curls. He struggles with the short to intermediate throws. But he can drop the deep seems. Especially one as easy as the DT touchdown play.

Dude, Ryan Clark is not some all pro instinctive safety. He's a good player, better than his backup. But he would have been in the box on that play because that was the defensive call. And no, Ryan doesn't have the speed to run down Thomas once he broke free.

Ahem, From the NFL rulebook,

For the teams that did not make the playoffs, order is determined by overall season record, with the worst record picking first.
For the teams that made the playoffs, the rest of the picks are ordered by playoff record, with the teams that lose getting lower picks based on which round they were ousted and the Super Bowl winner getting the last pick.

I repeat. Beating Pittsburg cost us one draft position. And if a Play-off win is not worth one draft position to you, then we have no need to continue this conversation.

menonite
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Other than go_broncos, lonestar really is the worst poster here. At least go_broncos can spell.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Too finally get a division title and then wipe away any talk of "backing into the playoffs" by winning against the Steelers brings back the hope fans have been waiting since 2005. To take that away for a POSSIBLE upgraded draft pick is beyond retarded. I bet you were one of the few that wanted us to lose to the Vikings at the end of the 2007 season to finish 7-9 (below .500 for the first time in years) just to move up a few spots. BTW, our pick, Ryan Clady, seems to have worked out just fine. You wanted us to lose that playoff game? ****ing loser!

IMO losing a good hard fought game when there is NO CHANCE of moving on in the playoffs, is not a bad thing..

As far as wanting to lose while Tanahan was here to move up in the draft well I think NOT..

did not matter where that schmuck DAFTED with only a few exceptions were they worth a crap..

Have I mentioned that during his tenure we only resigned 13% or 6 0f 41 of his rounds 1-3 picks.. Yes I have and you know it..

So the odds of getting a better player while he was in town well I was not holding my breath..

Now last year is a different story we finally had someone that did not have his head up his ass on draft day, John so far has done a masterful job of getting talent where we needed it.. (save perhaps Mays) but certainly no where near Tanahans 13%.

Had we lost to PIT in OT by a FG or even a TD would not have been anything to hang our heads about.. year one into a 3-4 rebuild with Tebow as QB. Most folks would have rejoiced.. and instead of trading back we would have had options on the following..

13 Arizona Cardinals Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
14 St. Louis Rams Michael Brockers DT LSU
15 Seattle Seahawks Bruce Irvin DE West Virginia
16 New York Jets Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
17 Cincinnati Bengals Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
18 San Diego Chargers Melvin Ingram LB South Carolina
19 Chicago Bears Shea McClellin DE Boise State
20 Tennessee Titans Kendall Wright WR Baylor
21 New England Patriots Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
22 Cleveland Browns Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State
23 Detroit Lions Riley Reiff T Iowa
24 Pittsburgh Steelers David DeCastro G Stanford

See anyone on that list you might have wanted more than

2 36 Derek Wolfe DT Cincinnati
2 57 Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State
3 67 Ronnie Hillman RB San Diego State
4 101 Omar Bolden CB Arizona State
4 108 Philip Blake C Baylor

I've been watching this stuff for decades and KNOW the long haul is the only way to go and the quickie stuff that Tanahan did only dug the hole deeper..

menonite
10-25-2012, 10:52 AM
TANAHAN!

You are a retarded, condescending, broken record.

Willynowei
10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
kicked our asses?

I dont care how good he is

They are the team that kept us out of a third Superbowl under Shanny. The same year that one of the most banged up and frankly worst NFC representatives - the Seahawks (and a defensive back field mostly on IR) showed up from the other conference.

They probably prevented another Bronco Superbowl. The more recent games are not even close to as relevant to that one. Nothing could take away the sting of that game.

We must've dropped 6 Big Ben INTs.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Lonestar: STOP! Your graphs and facts don't erase the wanting to lose to the Steelers in a playoff game. So sad that you were one of the few that actually was watching that playoff game and wanting the Broncos to lose all to move up on a draft that doesn't equal a Super Bowl or even a guaranteed stud player.

Your admission is pathetic. Have mercy on you. BTW, does your nurses at your Assistance Care Facility feel that you are delusional?

lonestar
10-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Other than go_broncos, lonestar really is the worst poster here. At least go_broncos can spell.

why thank you for your comments.. I have a list of others including your self as being worse..

But I have not posted it because of plain decency..

swaiy
10-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Shanahan... again. Seriously. Its almost 2013.

menonite
10-25-2012, 11:05 AM
why thank you for your comments.. I have a list of others including your self as being worse..

But I have not posted it because of plain decency..

Lonestar's Top Ten "Least Liked" list:

1) Tanahan.
2) Tanahan.
3) Tanahan.
4) Tanahan.
5) Tanahan.
6) Tanahan.
7) Tanahan.
8) Tanahan.
9) Tanahan.
10) Tanahan./ Menonite (tie)

With honorable mentions for "the guy who invented spellcheck" and TANAHAN. They may in fact be the same person. Lonestar will have to dig up some stats on that.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Lonestar's Top Ten "Least Liked" list:

1) Tanahan.
2) Tanahan.
3) Tanahan.
4) Tanahan.
5) Winning the division
6) Winning a playoff game
7) Young whipper snappers
8) Food you have to chew
9) Lights out at 8PM
10) Tanahan./ Menonite (tie)

With honorable mentions for "the guy who invented spellcheck" and TANAHAN. They may in fact be the same person. Lonestar will have to dig up some stats on that.

Updated.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Lonestar: STOP! Your graphs and facts don't erase the wanting to lose to the Steelers in a playoff game. So sad that you were one of the few that actually was watching that playoff game and wanting the Broncos to lose all to move up on a draft that doesn't equal a Super Bowl or even a guaranteed stud player.

Your admission is pathetic. Have mercy on you. BTW, does your nurses at your Assistance Care Facility feel that you are delusional?

DO you really think we had a chance to win a super bowl with Tebow?

No where did I say that I wanted to lose the game. No where , but losing in a honorable way as I said would not have diminished the game for me.. It would have been a great game had it been a close loss, considering the lack of talent we had at the time.

Winning at all costs, is not always the solution..

If so your in need of a reality check..

hell the next week confirmed what a pathetic team we were..

I believe in honor in my games and to beat a weaken team, only to get our asses kicked the next week to me is was a meaningless victory.. Felt good for a few minutes and frankly after watching the morons on here expecting a big win over NE, abd to get killed by them only made the PIT win more superficial..

On this you will not change my mind..

and the chicken crap comments at the end of your juvenile post well they are just that.. as are your neg reps petty little snipes..

if you think you are hurting my feelings it takes a better boi than you....

menonite
10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Now where did I say that I wanted to lose the game. No where , but losing in a honorable way as I said would not have diminished the game for me.. It would have been a great game had it been a close loss, considering the lack of talent we had at the time.

Winning at all costs, is not always the solution..

So throwing the football and having a receiver catch it for a TD is dishonorable?

You know you're old when the forward pass is considered cheating.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 11:19 AM
^^ Dude, you have argued about losing the game to move up a few spots and then tell us we could have had a guard instead of the DL help we needed. Losing in a honorable way is still losing and it makes a huge difference in Broncos fans. We backed into the playoffs and only way to shut up any critics is to beat the tough Steelers....and we did! I don't care about what happened next, it was a step in the right direction. You have no idea what will happen with Wolfe or players we didn't get. You are a negative person. How pathetic that a huge majority here would rank that playoff game in the top 10 or 15 of all time yet you wanted us to lose before the game even started!
Honor in losing to a lesser team? Who in the **** out there in the prediction world had us beating the Steelers? Once we beat them, who knows what happens next even though it was an uphill battle.

You are a pathetic fan. Negative thinking in every way. Find another team please. Your time as a Broncos fan has expired Old Man.

PS: You didnt want to throw the game? As of right now, did you wish we threw the game and erase that great win? Lose now to move up a spot or two?

baja
10-25-2012, 11:19 AM
They are the team that kept us out of a third Superbowl under Shanny. The same year that one of the most banged up and frankly worst NFC representatives - the Seahawks (and a defensive back field mostly on IR) showed up from the other conference.

They probably prevented another Bronco Superbowl. The more recent games are not even close to as relevant to that one. Nothing could take away the sting of that game.

We must've dropped 6 Big Ben INTs.

I will always feel it was Jacksonville that robbed us out of a SB and would have been three in a row too.

Archer81
10-25-2012, 11:34 AM
This thread...lulz...

:Broncos:

lonestar
10-25-2012, 11:34 AM
So throwing the football and having a receiver catch it for a TD is dishonorable?

You know you're old when the forward pass is considered cheating.

did I say that?

I said beating a team that had IIRC and OT playing OC because their first two OCs were out.. Playing without their starting Safety in both games, while I realize next man up is a great..

playing without many starters and not just starters but their studs and then claiming how great we are .. is dishonorable..

I prefer going against their best and if we win great if not then it means LIKE WE ALREADY know we have improvements to be made..

If you want the cheap win fine someday you may feel different..

But as everyone saw with us getting our ass kicked the following games just showed how weak we were..

Feel like you want It does not change my thoughts on the game.. we beat barely a weakened team.. and then lost out on potentially better players because of it..

AGAIN losing a close game to a great team is not gutting wrenching ordeal..

Like it is apparently to a few of you..

If we did not win the Lombardi it was not worth it to me..

Archer81
10-25-2012, 11:37 AM
did I say that?

I said beating a team that had IIRC and OT playing OC because their first two OCs were out.. Playing without their starting Safety in both games, while I realize next man up is a great..

playing without many starters and not just starters but their studs and then claiming how great we are .. is dishonorable..

I prefer going against their best and if we win great if not then it means LIKE WE ALREADY know we have improvements to be made..

But as everyone saw with us getting our ass kicked the following games just showed how weak we were..

Feel like you want It does not change my thoughts on the game.. we beat barely a weakened team.. and then lost out on potentially better players because of it..

You should stop when you are behind.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 11:41 AM
did I say that?

I know your memory might be losing touch with you but I guess you also don't give a **** about the game vs the Oilers in the playoffs to comeback to kick a fieldgoal with our two 4th and long completions on the last drive, The Drive 1 and The Drive 2 against Cleveland. That big win vs the Raiders in 1977? Doesn't mean **** to you Lonestar since we didn't win the Lombardi.

You are one old POS as you would rather take great history away for the sake of not getting the Lombardi. Because a season is a complete waste unless you win the Lombardi from 31 other teams.

Crushaholic
10-25-2012, 11:45 AM
I thought for sure this thread would devolve into a Cutler food fight.

That would have been a good guess. What exactly DID happen to this thread? As the great dortoh would say, "I'm confused"...:spit:

v2micca
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM

Sorry, I disagree. I may be wrong, but I firmly believe if we don't win that game, don't prove that we have the pieces in place to be a true contender, we don't get Manning. I will take Manning over any pick 2 through 24 in that draft.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 11:51 AM
^^ Dude, you have argued about losing the game to move up a few spots and then tell us we could have had a guard instead of the DL help we needed. Losing in a honorable way is still losing and it makes a huge difference in Broncos fans. We backed into the playoffs and only way to shut up any critics is to beat the tough Steelers....and we did! I don't care about what happened next, it was a step in the right direction. You have no idea what will happen with Wolfe or players we didn't get. You are a negative person. How pathetic that a huge majority here would rank that playoff game in the top 10 or 15 of all time yet you wanted us to lose before the game even started!
Honor in losing to a lesser team? Who in the **** out there in the prediction world had us beating the Steelers? Once we beat them, who knows what happens next even though it was an uphill battle.

You are a pathetic fan. Negative thinking in every way. Find another team please. Your time as a Broncos fan has expired Old Man.

PS: You didnt want to throw the game? As of right now, did you wish we threw the game and erase that great win? Lose now to move up a spot or two?

if you would have read my post instead of dismissing it out of hand we might have had an option on any of the folloing..

15 Seattle Seahawks Bruce Irvin DE West Virginia
16 New York Jets Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
19 Chicago Bears Shea McClellin DE Boise State
21 New England Patriots Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

not just a Guard which most folks wanted to replace beadles with..

your correct we backed into the playoffs and as far as shutting up the critics I guess you saw how long that lasted.. we were a laughing stock of the NFL with Tebow as QB and (I like the kid) but I watch sports from several different cities and they were all laughing at us..

As for Wolfe I think he will be a hell of a player but I also know that several of those listed above will be as effective if not more so and we could have probably waited a few more spots and got him anyway..

as for wanting to lose the game at NO time did I say I wanted to lose.. let me say it again..

LOSING the game it OT to a great team, would not have been the end of the world to me..

As it would have been for many others on here..

tebow was a joke without that TD he would have been
9-20 45% for 236 yards one TD.
red zone 25%
3rd down 30%

sorry as much as I like the kid he was not going to take us to the next level at least not last year..

Frankly I do not care what you think of me.. just giving you the courtesy of a reply..

lonestar
10-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I know your memory might be losing touch with you but I guess you also don't give a **** about the game vs the Oilers in the playoffs to comeback to kick a fieldgoal with our two 4th and long completions on the last drive, The Drive 1 and The Drive 2 against Cleveland. That big win vs the Raiders in 1977? Doesn't mean **** to you Lonestar since we didn't win the Lombardi.

You are one old POS as you would rather take great history away for the sake of not getting the Lombardi. Because a season is a complete waste unless you win the Lombardi from 31 other teams.

once a gain civility is not in your wheel house..

sad for you..

cmhargrove
10-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I've been watching Broncos probably since before your were born.. Please do not challenge my orange Blood..

While they have been my team since day one and frankly even before that first game. I can appreciate what other teams have accomplished..

While I may not like them because f it It does nto cloud my mind.. I can see how great some players are Urlacker, Troy P. Starting to think that Eli is not Mannings little brother but it also may be the team he has around him..

Rivers was a damned fine QB a few years ago better than anything we had..
While I detested Bree as a charger his play in NOL is HOF worthy..

WOuld I ever wave a yellow flag?

I just am past the petty jealously that most kiddies have, the other team and their players 90% of our fans would have taken Troy P in a heart beat and even if they thought he played dirty they would have pawned off the criticism as other teams being jealous.

Just like when John L was here he had some devastating hits and other fans cried foul, same with Atwater, Smith and a few others Hell even Romo was backed by our fans because of the hits he made.. Until the spitting incident we thought he almost walked on water..

So please do not disparage my fandom with your petty ass remarks..

Point 1.
My parents have been having sex since before I was born, but that doesn't mean they're better at it than me.

Point 2.
I didn't actually make any remarks referring to jealousy. You just made a slew of excuses about why other teams should have beaten the Broncos and/or why the Broncos didn't deserve to win. That's just assinine. If you take up another team's banner over your own, you deserve to be questioned. They actually play the games because anything can happen and often does. Careers and futures sometimes hinge on one play or a single drive. History is full of pivotal events where David beats Goliath, and the victors write the histories.

Point 3.
Your remarks are a combination of fact, mixed with strong (generally volatile) opinions, mixed with angry defense. Be whatever kind of fan you wish to be, its just that most of us (win or lose) will still hold the orange higher than all others. For most of us, that is the very definition of being a fan. Everyone appreciates the greatness of great players, but you might actually be more of a "football fan" than a Broncos fan. I know you will argue this ad nauseum, but your speech indicates otherwise.

menonite
10-25-2012, 11:59 AM

sad for you..

Hypocrite.

Nearly every post you make contains at least one instance of your calling someone a "moron" or "kiddie." And let's not forget your "I'm a REAL fan from DAY ONE!" statements that you repeat ad nauseam.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 12:00 PM
You have argued that if we lost, we get a better pick. How far up were we going and at what cost? You also just said losing in the OT period would not have been bad. That is pretty much wanting to lose to move up in the draft...losing a playoff game to boot!
I don't care how pathetic Tebow's stats were for the game. He was good enough for 3 quarters and then the OT period. We didn't win 7 to 3 and it was all defense. It was a team effort and we won!
Laughing stock after the Pats game? Sure and who were laughing at us? Chargers? CHiefs? Raiders? Maybe trolls but in reality, we did better in the regular season and Chiefs only wish they had a playoff victory.
I stand by my reaction to you. It is the internet and you can fly whatever you want and be more honest about it. I don't think much of your attitude. It painfully sucks and I am embarrassed that you consider yourself a Broncos fan.
Maybe finding a new hobby to work on in your old folks home.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Hypocrite.

Nearly every post you make contains at least one instance of your calling someone a "moron" or "kiddie." And let's not forget your "I'm a REAL fan from DAY ONE!" statements that you repeat ad nauseam.

Dont forget Tanahan at every opportunity.

Rohirrim
10-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Point 1.
My parents have been having sex since before I was born, but that doesn't mean they're better at it than me.

Point 2.
I didn't actually make any remarks referring to jealousy. You just made a slew of excuses about why other teams should have beaten the Broncos and/or why the Broncos didn't deserve to win. That's just assinine. If you take up another team's banner over your own, you deserve to be questioned. They actually play the games because anything can happen and often does. Careers and futures sometimes hinge on one play or a single drive. History is full of pivotal events where David beats Goliath, and the victors write the histories.

Point 3.
Your remarks are a combination of fact, mixed with strong (generally volatile) opinions, mixed with angry defense. Be whatever kind of fan you wish to be, its just that most of us (win or lose) will still hold the orange higher than all others. For most of us, that is the very definition of being a fan. Everyone appreciates the greatness of great players, but you might actually be more of a "football fan" than a Broncos fan. I know you will argue this ad nauseum, but your speech indicates otherwise.

Bold = LOL

The rest = :thumbs:

menonite
10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Point 1.My parents have been having sex since before I was born, but that doesn't mean they're better at it than me.

I don't know...your mom is pretty good.

Rabb
10-25-2012, 12:09 PM

familllllyyyyy smaaaaaaaaaack

swaiy
10-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Someone help me out. We made the playoffs which meant we would have drafted higher than any other 8-8 team, correct? So, the Broncos would have drafted where the Steelers did had the lost?

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Someone help me out. We made the playoffs which meant we would have drafted higher than any other 8-8 team, correct? So, the Broncos would have drafted where the Steelers did had the lost?

Once you make the playoffs, your slot is lower (higher number) than all teams that did not make the playoffs. Team in front of us made the playoffs and lost but a team a few ahead of us could have gone 10-6 and missed out on the wild card. By winning the playoff game, we didn't slip too far. I think Lonestar didn't want to win the division so therefore, we would have been slotted at 8-8 with no playoffs and been higher in the draft order.
Because if you don't win the Lombardi, nothing is worth a ****.

cmhargrove
10-25-2012, 12:19 PM

I don't have the facts to dispute you here, but i'm also no Menonite so I'll probably never find out for myself...

swaiy
10-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Once you make the playoffs, your slot is lower (higher number) than all teams that did not make the playoffs. Team in front of us made the playoffs and lost but a team a few ahead of us could have gone 10-6 and missed out on the wild card. By winning the playoff game, we didn't slip too far. I think Lonestar didn't want to win the division so therefore, we would have been slotted at 8-8 with no playoffs and been higher in the draft order.
Because if you don't win the Lombardi, nothing is worth a ****.

Thats what i was thinking. Even if we lost to the Steelers, we would probably be reaching for someone if not for trading back.

Funny how this is a tainted win because the Steelers were missing starters. Had the Broncos lost, it would have been because the Broncos couldnt beat a depleted team and that they suck.

Guess it isnt worth anything since they didnt win the Lombardi.

I mean, ****, losing for better draft position is what keeps your job in the NFL, right?

swaiy
10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Lonestar, when we talk about free agents, contracts, etc., you always take an opportunity to point out liberals like to spend other people's money.

Whats it called when you want the team to drop games at the expense of someone elses livelihood AKA their career. You know, source of income. Are they not getting paid to win?

baja
10-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Thats what i was thinking. Even if we lost to the Steelers, we would probably be reaching for someone if not for trading back.

Funny how this is a tainted win because the Steelers were missing starters. Had the Broncos lost, it would have been because the Broncos couldnt beat a depleted team and that they suck.

Guess it isnt worth anything since they didnt win the Lombardi.

I mean, ****, losing for better draft position is what keeps your job in the NFL, right?

I do think by us winning that game it helped to recruit Manning.

swaiy
10-25-2012, 12:38 PM
I do think by us winning that game it helped to recruit Manning.

Nope. We got lucky and it cost us a higher draft pick!ROFL!

broncocalijohn
10-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Lonestar, when we talk about free agents, contracts, etc., you always take an opportunity to point out liberals like to spend other people's money.

Whats it called when you want the team to drop games at the expense of someone elses livelihood AKA their career. You know, source of income. Are they not getting paid to win?

You call that person an asshole.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Hypocrite.

I guess if the shoe fits wear it. Most if the fans where are kiddies that learned football via madden or as a FF owner.
Unlike some of us that grew up playing football both organized as well as sandlot.

It is sad that you have little if any respect for your elders and being called a kiddie by one is no as bad as YOU must take it. As for morons a great deal are. And while I have called individuals a moron or ass clown in the fotbal area it is rare. Used in generalities iis meant to be if the shoe fits wear it as you seem to have.

I realize I have ideas that many do not buy that come from decades of watching them Mostly lose.

When we have a grea team I celebrate with the best of them but since the late 90s well nothing to write home about. Average teams to slightly above average. None Super Bowl contenders. But perhaps next year after some more rebuild they will be.

I suspect after NOL beats us some of your expectations will be lowered.

As I have said repeatedly but morons like yourself seem to miss I enjoy my broncos and always want a win but also KNOW that sometimes because we play better teams (those with great coaches that have been around more than a couple of years) losing to them is not the end of the world.

Someday after decades of watching them perhaps you too will get that.

Rabb
10-25-2012, 01:07 PM
will be a while before menonite replies (on this account anyway)...he haz teh banz0rz

swaiy
10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
will be a while before menonite replies (on this account anyway)...he haz teh banz0rz

Did you tell on him?

Rabb
10-25-2012, 01:21 PM
nope, I don't do that

the mods have always been pretty strict with even funny haha family smack

cmhargrove
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM

You are so setting yourself up here. It's just painful.

swaiy
10-25-2012, 01:29 PM
nope, I don't do that

the mods have always been pretty strict with even funny haha family smack

Well damn. That was super fast.

Ironlung
10-25-2012, 01:50 PM

Just trolling a bit more.

Smilin Assassin
10-25-2012, 02:41 PM
List is clearly off.

You show me one player that likes Philip Rivers and I'll bet $ they share the last name.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 02:43 PM

sad for you..

lonestar
10-25-2012, 02:57 PM

NO just looking at it realistically they have the most to lose and have a load of talent just looking for a chance to get back into the playoff picture..

If we had better talent then I would maybe say it was a toss up..

Brees has been passing to these guys for a long time not to mention IIRC they have the makings of a great rushing team and have Vitt back which will be a motivational upper for them..

Whereas as great as Manning is he has only been working with these receivers for six actual games, our Defense well not really great against the run..

If and the is a Really BIG IF get past this team then I will have a lot more faith we just might be able to mount a decent run..

While I'm a Bronco fan first I do realize other teams are good also..

if this game was in NOL IMO we would not have a chance..

does anyone realize we have 3 more early games on the east coast coming up.. Something we have not been stellar playing good games out there..

add to that what should be a laughter at the chefs but it is also an early game almost on the east coast.. well at least east and early. just might even be cold enough to cause us problems..

lonestar
10-25-2012, 03:02 PM
You should stop when you are behind.

wow next time I'll ask you be fore posting..

BTW I have always been told that forums such as this, encourages open discussion between fans with differing views..

I keep hearing the same old refrain about it being a dull place if everyone agrees with each other..

While you think I'm behind and should stop.. I do not..

have a great day..

lonestar
10-25-2012, 07:50 PM
No more or less than Atwater?!?! GTFO. Thats one of the more ridiculous things ive ever read here.

If you said DS49 that would make more sense...Polamalu has been dirty since the usc vs. Kansas State bowl game.

Atwater dirty..... lol

I said TP was no more than Atwater your the one that called him dirty not me.

Must be a ksu fan. that would explain it.

bowtown
10-25-2012, 08:06 PM

If we win it will be a fluke and unfortunate as it probably will take us out of the running for a top 10 pick.

[Lonelystar sad face]

bowtown
10-25-2012, 08:11 PM
if this game was in NOL IMO we would not have a chance..

does anyone realize we have 3 more early games on the east coast coming up.. Something we have not been stellar playing good games out there..

add to that what should be a laughter at the chefs but it is also an early game almost on the east coast.. well at least east and early. just might even be cold enough to cause us problems..

When you've never left Texas, Missouri = almost East Coast.

lonestar
10-25-2012, 11:30 PM
When you've never left Texas, Missouri = almost East Coast.

Guess that was totally over your head, so let me explain..

It is an early game east of Denver which means they will have to travel to it. Most likely the day before and sleep In a hotel and get up earlier than normal and play an eleven o'clock game.

Something they in the past have been less than great at.

Btw I've been around the world several times. To Europe five plus times. And have lived in such exotic places such as Philly, Connecticut, Colorado springs, Aspen Vail, Denver area in several different suburbs, up state NY, briefly in St Louis, Chicago and then in LA before moving to a state I would not have to pay state income taxes in saving me about $5,000.00 a year. Which I invested for the past 20+ years.

So yes I know where KC is, as I've actually been to games there following my teams.

Kiddies always thinking they are bright. Such a shame they are not.

Ironlung
10-26-2012, 06:28 AM
Derp derp kiddies derpity derp tanahan

ol#7
10-26-2012, 07:17 AM
The list is way off. Rapistburger makes most NFL fans list. As does Brady. Orton and Quinn? GMAFB!

Also, this thread proves once and for all Lonestar is an idiot (not that there was much doubt).

Also, hurry back menonite, you are a shoe in for rookie poster of the year!

broncocalijohn
10-26-2012, 08:29 AM
The list is way off. Rapistburger makes most NFL fans list. As does Brady. Orton and Quinn? GMAFB!

Also, this thread proves once and for all Lonestar is an idiot (not that there was much doubt).

Also, hurry back menonite, you are a shoe in for rookie poster of the year!

The banning of Menonite is lame because it was obvious that the poster directed at the family smack took it in jest. Family smack should only be bannable if the one receiving it disapproves and reports it. Some of us have big boy pants on. Of course I didn't let the chance slipping away of Karenin get a ban for doing the same thing. Much different poster than Menonite.

Br0nc0Buster
10-26-2012, 08:40 AM
http://www.neogrognard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kirk-yelling-at-kahn.jpg

TANAHAN!!!!

baja
10-26-2012, 08:42 AM
The banning of Menonite is lame because it was obvious that the poster directed at the family smack took it in jest. Family smack should only be bannable if the one receiving it disapproves and reports it. Some of us have big boy pants on. Of course I didn't let the chance slipping away of Karenin get a ban for doing the same thing. Much different poster than Menonite.

Ya He should have got a warning for that. He is relatively new here and I was clearly meant in jest.

cmhargrove
10-26-2012, 08:44 AM

I'll have to admit (as the object of the joke), I thought it didn't feel personal, it was just a little levity. I didn't feel threatened or upset and will welcome Menonite back (even if he has inappropriate feelings for my mother :wiggle:).
I appreciate the protection of the mods, and their decision to err on the side of caution, but I have no hard feelings.

cmhargrove
10-29-2012, 06:12 AM
I guess if the shoe fits wear it. Most if the fans where are kiddies that learned football via madden or as a FF owner.
Unlike some of us that grew up playing football both organized as well as sandlot.

It is sad that you have little if any respect for your elders and being called a kiddie by one is no as bad as YOU must take it. As for morons a great deal are. And while I have called individuals a moron or ass clown in the fotbal area it is rare. Used in generalities iis meant to be if the shoe fits wear it as you seem to have.

I realize I have ideas that many do not buy that come from decades of watching them Mostly lose.

When we have a grea team I celebrate with the best of them but since the late 90s well nothing to write home about. Average teams to slightly above average. None Super Bowl contenders. But perhaps next year after some more rebuild they will be.

As I have said repeatedly but morons like yourself seem to miss I enjoy my broncos and always want a win but also KNOW that sometimes because we play better teams (those with great coaches that have been around more than a couple of years) losing to them is not the end of the world.

Someday after decades of watching them perhaps you too will get that.

Anything to say now?

rbackfactory80
10-29-2012, 07:20 AM
LOL Kyle Orton a QB

BroncoBeavis
10-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Anything to say now?

You're really going to make him eat that with a butter knife?

Rock Chalk
10-29-2012, 07:29 AM

Honestly your predictions are becoming "Bob-like".

Please continue to think the team is **** and wont beat anyone. You clearly suck at this.

lonestar
10-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Anything to say now?

They played a hell of agame from start to finish or at least start to from start to almost finish the consolation TD by NOL showed the real Bree's.

I did not believe the poor defensive numbers they had thought they were an abboration, but I guess that Spags is not that great a DC as he was in NYG.
Also really thought Vitt coming back would have be a bigger positive.

Did you or anyone really think it would not have been a scoring fest on both sides.

No one has held Bree's to that low a yardage and score in a very long time. NO ONE.

I was wrong and man enough to admit it.

lonestar
10-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Honestly your predictions are becoming "Bob-like".

Please continue to think the team is **** and wont beat anyone. You clearly suck at this.

Actually have been pretty good at predictions.

I look at the facts not allowing my emotions of being a broncos fan of 50+ years and call it like I see it.

I stopped being a homer that bought the Tanahan hype afte about 2003 when I saw what he was doing to the team. Win early fade late and get our asses kicked in playoff games. His failure at presonnel both coaching and players was astounding.. Yet most did not care as long as we beat OAK twice and split KC and SAN.

To most winning was everything even if it meant the fade and playoff loses. They had something to crow about his winning percentage in Denver even if it was skewed by the great seasons that John put up.

Or how great the offensive stats were. Yet overlooked the D stats.

I realize that calling as I see them causes me grief from the homers. But calling those games we lost correctly and missing on PIT And SAN well closer to being correct than some.

I thought going into the bye week we would be 2-4 at best. If all the things dropped perfectly. So being off by one or two games is not all that bad.

As I see it now we have two tough games yet on the schedule CIN could be a bear, but may roll over like in years past And ravens although they have lost some great starters.

Unless we get figured out some how we should win out.
The O is coming together much faster than I thought considering the youth on it and Mannings complexity of schemes.

RedskinBronco
10-29-2012, 09:12 AM
I stopped being a homer that bought the Tanahan hype afte about 2003 when I saw what he was doing to the team. Win early fade late and get our asses kicked in playoff games. His failure at presonnel both coaching and players was astounding.. Yet most did not care as long as we beat OAK twice and split KC and SAN.

To most winning was everything even if it meant the fade and playoff loses. They had something to crow about his winning percentage in Denver even if it was skewed by the great seasons that John put up.

Or how great the offensive stats were. Yet overlooked the D stats.

I stop by here and lurk for the most part and I haven't kept up with your history on the board, however what you said there is 100% accurate.

I am in complete agreement with you on the above. As you can imagine, I am so pissed off that MS landed in washington and proceeded to dismantle the defense here...

lonestar
10-29-2012, 10:14 AM
I stop by here and lurk for the most part and I haven't kept up with your history on the board, however what you said there is 100% accurate.

I am in complete agreement with you on the above. As you can imagine, I am so pissed off that MS landed in washington and proceeded to dismantle the defense here...

just wait till the EOY presser about just being a player or two away from a super bowl.. you will get that one a few years in a row until synder figures out he is all O and no D.. and has bankrupted him buying UFA to cover his ass..

The only thing that might save his ass there is RG3 that will buy him a few years before getting fired..