PDA

View Full Version : Comeback player of the year

DBroncos4life
10-22-2012, 01:55 PM
This year seems to have two big stars in the running for the award. AP and Manning. J Charles could be in the running as well. Thoughts about how this may play out? Both APs and Mannings comebacks are nothing short of epic and could go either way IMO.

BroncoFiend
10-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Tie always goes to the QB.

maher_tyler
10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Easily Manning.

Br0nc0Buster
10-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Manning

Not just from coming back from being out a whole year, but he also revived the career of Stokely

Manning looks like he never left

cutthemdown
10-22-2012, 02:42 PM
It will be Manning for sure. First player to win comeback of the yr and MVP in same yr.

Pick Six
10-22-2012, 02:43 PM
I count out Charles ONLY because he's on a horrible team. The numbers he's putting up are outstanding. It's not his fault that the coaches don't run him more. It's actually funny to watch...ROFL!:kcbard:

Rabb
10-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Can you win MVP and comeback in the same year? We may just find out...

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2012, 04:51 PM
This year seems to have two big stars in the running for the award. AP and Manning. J Charles could be in the running as well. Thoughts about how this may play out? Both APs and Mannings comebacks are nothing short of epic and could go either way IMO.

Doesn't comeback mean time was missed? AP tore the knee up in the playoffs and didn't miss any more time. Peyton missed a year. No contest, award is Peyton's

DBroncos4life
10-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Doesn't comeback mean time was missed? AP tore the knee up in the playoffs and didn't miss any more time. Peyton missed a year. No contest, award is Peyton's

Minnesota didn't make the playoffs. He hurt it the second to last game. AP should be in this discussion do to the nature of his injury.

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Minnesota didn't make the playoffs. He hurt it the second to last game. AP should be in this discussion do to the nature of his injury.

True for a RB that could have been a career killer injury. But I just think the lack of a lot of missed time is a hindrance. I'd say Iron Man award for AP comeback and MVP for Peyton

orange crusher
10-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Brady Quinn has this in the bag.

Kaylore
10-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Charles playing on an essentially irrelevant team will make him a non-factor. AD COULD but Manning is the most glittery one.

SeedReaver
10-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Charles playing on an essentially irrelevant team will make him a non-factor. AD COULD but Manning is the most glittery one.
Agreed. Even if AD puts up a 2k season, Manning's story has been a media sensation, and will win comeback player of the year.

baja
10-22-2012, 06:38 PM

Don't you have to actually be coming back from something?

Broncos_OTM
10-22-2012, 06:44 PM
manning is getting a lot of consideration already for the MVP. so i'd say its manning if the season ended today. lot of foot all left to be played though.

go_broncos
10-22-2012, 06:55 PM
only 6 games played..10 more games left.
If manning continues to play at this level.he will definitely be comeback player of the year.
But, in general manning struggles to play during winter.
I am interested to see how he plays this season.

cutthemdown
10-22-2012, 07:07 PM
I think Manning. No one ever thought ACL ends a career anymore. We all expected Charles and AD to comeback. True I thought they would need a half a yr to get back into the groove. The fact they both played well early was a bit of a surprise.

But Manning people thought he was done, lots of NFL people felt that his neck was too damaged to play. So I think because neck injuries so serious and hard to come back from, that manning has the edge right now.

DBroncos4life
10-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I think Manning. No one ever thought ACL ends a career anymore. We all expected Charles and AD to comeback. True I thought they would need a half a yr to get back into the groove. The fact they both played well early was a bit of a surprise.

But Manning people thought he was done, lots of NFL people felt that his neck was too damaged to play. So I think because neck injuries so serious and hard to come back from, that manning has the edge right now.

AP tore his ACL and MCL fyi.

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Manning has it in the bag. The only thing he is in running for is MVP.

broncosteven
10-22-2012, 08:43 PM

Charles has had only 2 good games this year.

orange crusher
10-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Don't you have to actually be coming back from something?

Doesn't years of suckage count for anything?

baja
10-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Doesn't years of suckage count for anything?

You got a point there. ;D

If you go back to ND than maybe.

BowlenBall
10-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Objectively speaking, it's probably Manning, since his old team cut him loose for a younger, sexier quarterback. He'll get the sympathy vote.

ChampJesusBailey
10-22-2012, 10:56 PM
AP bounced back great from a devastating injury but he missed what... 1 game last year? Peypey missed the entire season. Award should be his if he keeps up this level of play. Hell, MVP could be his if Rodgers stops putting up Madden stats.

baja
10-22-2012, 11:07 PM
AP bounced back great from a devastating injury but he missed what... 1 game last year? Peypey missed the entire season. Award should be his if he keeps up this level of play. Hell, MVP could be his if Rodgers stops putting up Madden stats.

Since M V P stands for most valuable player if Manning carries a weak team into the playoffs and wins a game or two he should win because he is clearly the MVP to his team.

baja
10-22-2012, 11:08 PM

Since M V P stands for most valuable player if Manning carries a weak team into the playoffs and wins a game or two he should win because he is clearly the MVP to his team.

CUT THAT MEAT

Broncobiv
10-23-2012, 12:25 AM
only 6 games played..10 more games left.
If manning continues to play at this level.he will definitely be comeback player of the year.
But, in general manning struggles to play during winter.
I am interested to see how he plays this season.

As the resident "worst Broncos fan on the Mane", it comes as no surprise that you are once again just making things up.

Peyton Manning's career winning percentage by month:

September: 32/46 = 69.6%
October: 34/49 = 69.4%
November: 38/57 = 66.7%
December: 37/56 = 66.1%
January: 3/6 = 50%

Bear in mind, the December and January statistics are skewed because in some of those games, he got credit for a loss even though he was only in for one series, or maybe a quarter. Due to the fact that the Colts already had their playoff seeding locked up, he sat for most of the last game or two late in the year sometimes.

Even counting that, I don't really agree with you saying that "in general manning struggles to play during winter." 69% in September and October compared to 66% in November and December (with December really being closer to 68% as well) does not constitute struggling in winter, IMO.

A few more stats:

Completion percentage:
September: 63.8%
October: 66.5%
November: 63.9%
December: 66.1%
January: 63.1%

QBR:
September: 95.4
October: 99.3
November: 89.8
December: 98.1
January: 83.5

The real reason you made that statement is because you'll invent ANY excuse to be down on the Broncos. Whether it be in the middle of an ongoing game, the week of an upcoming game, or looking forward a month and a half, you'll invent damn near any reason to bag on the team. You are the worst "fan" on this forum considering 95% of everything you type is anti-Broncos. You are a horrible, horrible poster.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-23-2012, 01:34 AM

oh you crazy its Tim Tebow any minute now Tim will tear up the nfl and be named mvp of all time and lead the jets to 20 superbowl wins in a row and will break miamis perfect season record and then add to it by going 20-0 for the next 20 years
well i am going back to beating this dead horse again :deadhorse

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-23-2012, 01:36 AM
also kyle orton too hes doing pretty well .