PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn named starter of the Chiefs

Killericon
10-22-2012, 12:42 PM
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/260442704893341696

It's been swell, Cassel.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 12:44 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKMWSgwKdF59Wbe-SIRwA4nhKYdduG91FKzcMBdWQeuYsFDF12_JoAEJ_i

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2012, 12:54 PM
A Brady led Chiefs worries me more than a Cassel Chiefs team. I believe Quinn has ability, and just needs a shot.

Rabb
10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
A Brady led Chiefs worries me more than a Cassel Chiefs team. I believe Quinn has ability, and just needs a shot.

really?

crush17
10-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Quinn is effing terrible. If all he needed was a shot, well, he would have beaten out Kyle Orton or Cassell in camp by now. He will never be anything more than a bust.

broncosteven
10-22-2012, 12:59 PM

Quinn is very streaky, he goes through periods where he will complete 8 of 10 then go Tebow like 0 for next 10.

Neither Cassel or Quinn scares me. I do think Quinn is less of a turnover machine maybe they are hoping he only turns it over once or twice a game and they have a chance to let their Stoneaged O grind it out on the ground.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Tebow's backup is now the Chiefs starting QB......Ha!

fontaine
This is great news.

Quinn is better than Cassel right now because of just how badly he's been playing so far this season.

Hopefully he leads them to four or five more wins and right out of the top 10 in the draft.

baja

THIS!

For sure this.

menonite
10-22-2012, 01:03 PM

A shot of what? Unless they have come up with a vaccination against sucking, I think the Chiefs are screwed.

Or maybe you meant "shot" like what you would do to a horse who has broken its leg and you want to put it out of its misery. I can see that.

Bigdawg26
10-22-2012, 01:05 PM
This is great news for us! He is not a good QB!

gyldenlove
10-22-2012, 01:07 PM
You know a team has fallen pretty far when the choice between Brady Quinn and Matt Cassel is what their hopes are resting on. It feels like a choice between projectile vomitting and explosive diarrhea

Heyneck
10-22-2012, 01:08 PM

hahahahahahahhahahahah WTF?

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 01:09 PM
http://www.sectalk.com/board/public/imported_images/sectalk.com/405bretee2-1.jpg

menonite
10-22-2012, 01:10 PM
It feels like a choice between projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea

Why not have both?

/Woody Johnson

broncocalijohn
10-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Tebow's backup is now the Chiefs starting QB......Ha!

You mean Tebow and Orton's backup is now the Chiefs starting QB!

They needed to do and try something different. If this doesn't fly, they can always go the Stanzi route and duplicate their 2009 season with 3 different starting QBs. We all know how that worked out!

Miss I.
10-22-2012, 01:12 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jaNeYGZbCyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this just amuses me. it's out of date but it could still apply.

Rohirrim
10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
:spit:

That's all I can say.

baja
10-22-2012, 01:14 PM
The thing is we do not know what Quinn is capable of. He is what Steve Young was at TB, unknown with potential. Is he Steve Young in waiting? We don't know.

On the other hand we do know what Cassel, average at best.

swaiy
10-22-2012, 01:15 PM
You guys must be out of your everlasting minds to think Brady Quinn is someome to be worried about. Did you watch him last week? Hell, did you watch him any of the time he was here in Denver? Maybe they will draft Matt Barkley and he can carry on the tradition or USC QBs from college to the NFL

Beantown Bronco
10-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Quinn only has maybe 3 really good performances on his NFL resume. And, of course, one of them came against us.

broncosteven
10-22-2012, 01:16 PM
This is great news.

Quinn is better than Cassel right now because of just how badly he's been playing so far this season.

Hopefully he leads them to four or five more wins and right out of the top 10 in the draft.

I agree!

Then they will be forced to reach on another DT again!

LOL

KFC is the joke of the league.

Bacchus
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/2068633069_08aa59b0451.jpg
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/2303321224_be35d82ed5.jpg
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/2309620739_ba19b33be51.jpg
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/2666102466_cbf9d337681.jpg

Cassell will be starting before the year is out.

Kaylore
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/317247/thumbs/r-BRONCOS-VON-MILLER-large570.jpg

Kaylore
10-22-2012, 01:17 PM
How to beat Brady Quinn.

1. Cover the dump off.

2. See step 1.

3. Laugh.

swaiy
10-22-2012, 01:18 PM
The thing is we do not know what Quinn is capable of. He is what Steve Young was at TB, unknown with potential. Is he Steve Young in waiting? We don't know.

Steve Young would be weeping with despair if he read this.

Mile High Salute
10-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Hilarious!

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 01:21 PM

Ha!

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/scaryharb.gif

swaiy
10-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Ha!

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/scaryharb.gif

:spit: that gif.

When they showed that shot of him during the game, it reinforced my line of thinking that he might be a tad bit crazy.

fontaine
10-22-2012, 01:25 PM

Uh, yes we do and so does the rest of the league.

Quinn has great difficulty in his anticipation/timing on any throw longer than a quick dumpoff pass in the flat or across the middle. I said as much before he started last week and that's exactly what he did.

He pretty much spent the entire game dumping the ball of to McCluster and their RBs and every time he tried a longer pass it was off target and put his WRs in a bad position.

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2012, 01:26 PM
really?

I just come back to this, Quinn had 1st round talent. He has never truly gotten a shot. In his career, he has 13 starts because of contract dispute as a rookie, then Derek Anderson had his career year and got paid starter money, then a few injuries derailed seasons, then the Tebow situation. He has been the recipient of bad luck not bad play. Until he shows he can't play part of me will believe he can.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 01:30 PM
:spit: that gif.

When they showed that shot of him during the game, it reinforced my line of thinking that he might be a tad bit crazy.

yeah, but I'm going to go a little further and say he's bat **** crazy Ha!

dictionary
10-22-2012, 01:30 PM
For once, I am actually looking forward to Denver beating KC like they stole something in Arrowhead for once. Also, in before, KCslut ruins this thread of happiness.

swaiy
10-22-2012, 01:31 PM
I just come back to this, Quinn had 1st round talent. He has never truly gotten a shot. In his career, he has 13 starts because of contract dispute as a rookie, then Derek Anderson had his career year and got paid starter money, then a few injuries derailed seasons, then the Tebow situation. He has been the recipient of bad luck not bad play. Until he shows he can't play part of me will believe he can.

This sounds vaguely familiar. *files under why he deserves to start over kyle orton*

Taco John
10-22-2012, 01:32 PM
It would be so awesome if Brady Quinn did just well enough to justify keeping him on as the starter for next season.

fontaine
10-22-2012, 01:33 PM

Tebow, Jamarcuss, Chris Simms, Quincy Carter, JP Losman, Chad Henne etc etc got the same opportunity, bad luck as Quinn.

Do you believe in them?

The entire QB draft class of '07 was one of the most putrid in a while. That's why Quinn fell on draft day, that's why he still sucks now.

It doesn't take 5 years to figure out whether a QB can read defenses, throw accurate passes and be decisive in the pocket.

Either the entire NFL has been wrong for the past five years or you are.

:)

fontaine
10-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Also just because a QB was drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean he has first round talent.

Jamarcus Russell was drafted #1 overall that year. Does he have first round talent?

Quinn was taken next after he nearly fell out of the first but the Browns reached since they were deperate.

Kevin Kolb was the next a few picks later going early in the 2nd. Does he have 2nd round talent? He's barely a capable backup in this league.

gyldenlove
10-22-2012, 01:42 PM
It would be so awesome if Brady Quinn did just well enough to justify keeping him on as the starter for next season.

Now you are just being cruel. I don't think there is any doubt that the Chiefs are going after a QB in the draft.

And what do you know, another future USC bust is going to be highly drafted.. it would be match made in heaven......

2KBack
10-22-2012, 01:52 PM

Actually, the results of those 13 starts are due to bad play....like the sub 50 QB rating from last week...against the 31st ranked pass defense.

LRtagger
10-22-2012, 02:01 PM
There are also rumors about them trading Bowe to Miami

baja
10-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Steve Young would be weeping with despair if he read this.

There is a difference between comparing players than comparing situations.

I don't think Quinn is another Steve Young but the truth is we do not know.

With Cassel we knew what they had.

To me this switch is not guaranteed good news.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Lol @ "Quinn just needs a chance." Some of you are hopeless. Or high. Or both.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-22-2012, 02:10 PM
It's honestly getting to the point that I feel sorry for Chief fans. Sort of.

Kaylore
10-22-2012, 02:17 PM
That Harbaugh gif is hilarious.

Mogulseeker
10-22-2012, 02:33 PM
really?

Quinn had all the tools to be a great QB, but he's had a bit of an odd career so far. Cleveland gave up on him too soon, and he was victimized by all the Tebow drama in Denver. I think given the chance, Quinn could develop into a solid starter.

The thing is, he's smart, athletic, and has good mechanics. He's too antsy at times it seems, but remember at one point he was considered a top five pick.

But neither a Cassel or Quinn-led team scares me too much.

Garcia Bronco
10-22-2012, 02:36 PM

Quinn does not possess the ability to play professional football between the ears. He doesn't have the guts.

Garcia Bronco
10-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Quinn had all the tools to be a great QB, but he's had a bit of an odd career so far. Cleveland gave up on him too soon, and he was victimized by all the Tebow drama in Denver. I think given the chance, Quinn could develop into a solid starter.

The thing is, he's smart, athletic, and has good mechanics. He's too antsy at times it seems, but remember at one point he was considered a top five pick.

He was named starter for a pre-season game and **** the bed.

Br0nc0Buster
10-22-2012, 02:42 PM
LOL what is going on?
Quinn is one of the worst qb's in the league

Whoever the Chiefs line up at center next year is going to need someone to throw to
Once Bowe leaves Steve Breaston will be their best receiver

Bacchus
10-22-2012, 02:46 PM

I guess he is one of those QBs where you can watch him everyday in practice and in preseason games and tell he just sucks.

Rabb
10-22-2012, 02:48 PM

I am sorry but the coaches were looking for every reason to dump Orton and probably (in hindsight) wanted someone other than Tebow to step up here last year. He didn't, and I don't buy into the "didn't get an opportunity" bit really. It's the NFL, you make the most of the opportunities you get.

I have nothing against Quinn, but seriously...he's garbage.

Pick Six
10-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Let the Cleveland Browns South era, begin! Romeo and Quinn...what an awesome combination...LOL

razorwire77
10-22-2012, 02:53 PM
What's going to be awesome is if Quinn gets the rally monkey going, and the Chefs finish 5-11 or 6-10. Instead of drafting a franchise QB they reach for an LSU defensive lineman bust.

Pick Six
10-22-2012, 03:01 PM
What's going to be awesome is if Quinn gets the rally monkey going, and the Chefs finish 5-11 or 6-10. Instead of drafting a franchise QB they reach for an LSU defensive lineman bust.

That's similar to what Orton did, during his short time with the Chiefs. Orton and Romeo BEAT THE PACKERS! We don't need no stinkin' QB...or head coach, for that matter...ROFL!

Peoples Champ
10-22-2012, 03:18 PM
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/260442704893341696

It's been swell, Cassel.

life couldnt get any better

elsid13
10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
How long before Cassel is back in NE?

Bob's your Information Minister
10-22-2012, 03:26 PM
We're going to draft a QB in the 1st in April.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

A dynasty is coming.

razorwire77
10-22-2012, 03:28 PM
We're going to draft a QB in the 1st in April.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

A dynasty is coming.

I really hope you guys draft Mark Sanchez's light skinned doppelganger.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 03:31 PM

LOL

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nachogol.gif

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

NACCCCHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

baja
10-22-2012, 03:33 PM

Ha ha I was thinking the same thing.

FearLanier
10-22-2012, 03:48 PM

Matt Barkley is the best QB to ever put on a USC jersey. He's better than any of the other guys, including Palmer.

He's gonna be special.

Heyneck
10-22-2012, 03:53 PM

If he was so great... he would have beaten Orton for the starting gig. End thread!

Garcia Bronco
10-22-2012, 03:56 PM
LOL at the idea that Brady Quinn ever had first round talent. He didn't.

DarkHorse30
10-22-2012, 04:15 PM
That Harbaugh gif is hilarious.

I disagree - watching either Harbaugh makes me want to throw up....and I don't find that funny at all

cmhargrove
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Quinn does not possess the ability to play professional football between the ears. He doesn't have the guts.

Bingo.

Just compare him to a kid like Russell Wilson. There is a big difference in the two of them making big decisions, having downfield vision, and having the balls (and skill) to pull the trigger. One plays not to lose, the other is playing to win.

Quinn is a backup - put him in the same boat as David Carr. He is lucky to be getting an NFL paycheck, and "veteran backup QB" is a pretty good gig if you can get it.

Rohirrim
10-22-2012, 04:34 PM

Brady Quinn assures Pioli of a shot at a good QB in the draft. ;D

razorwire77
10-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Brady Quinn is counting down the days until he can become Jesse Palmer 2.0.

cmhargrove
10-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Brady Quinn is counting down the days until he can become Jesse Palmer 2.0.

Jesse has a pretty good gig also. I'd trade with him...

razorwire77
10-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Jesse has a pretty good gig also. I'd trade with him...

On day two of his retirement, Brady will barge into the ESPN offices and demand to know whose cock he needs to suck to get on Game Day. Of course that will be after he rallies the Chefs to a 6-10 record and a shiny new 1st round defensive lineman.

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Tebow, Jamarcuss, Chris Simms, Quincy Carter, JP Losman, Chad Henne etc etc got the same opportunity, bad luck as Quinn.

Do you believe in them?

The entire QB draft class of '07 was one of the most putrid in a while. That's why Quinn fell on draft day, that's why he still sucks now.

It doesn't take 5 years to figure out whether a QB can read defenses, throw accurate passes and be decisive in the pocket.

Either the entire NFL has been wrong for the past five years or you are.

:)

Don't give me that crap about how just because NFL talent evaluators haven't seen something that it isn't there. Look at Warner, a backup that got cut and played Arena league. How long was Steve Young a backup? How did Brady last to the 6th round. Why did Rodgers slide into the 20s on draft day in another weak draft class where he was a possible #1 overall.

Weak draft or not, Quinn was a 1st round talent and for bad circumstances never got a shot.

And give me a break on the take Orton or Tebow's job crap. Orton is notorious for looking like Peyton during practice and then looking like Archie Manning in games so he had no chance of beating out Orton in practice. And the Tebow situation was so stacked against Quinn that he had no chance to beat out Tebow. Fans would have rioted had Quinn been named the replacement starter for Orton if it kept Tim on the bench. The calls for Orton's head weren't for a change at QB they were for Tim

fontaine
10-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Don't give me that crap about how just because NFL talent evaluators haven't seen something that it isn't there. Look at Warner, a backup that got cut and played Arena league. How long was Steve Young a backup? How did Brady last to the 6th round. Why did Rodgers slide into the 20s on draft day in another weak draft class where he was a possible #1 overall.

You argue like a woman.

Take away all logic, reasoning, and discount the professional opinions of 32 teams that keep passing him by, including scouts, coaches, and the people that drafted him.

Take away all that because maybe, just maybe, he can be the next Warner, Steve Young or Brady.

That's cute, you've got a man crush on Quinn.

ROFL!

Jay3
10-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Quinn freaks out under pressure and when the play isn't going well.

Kaylore
10-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Weak draft or not, Quinn was a 1st round talent and for bad circumstances never got a shot.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg83siMBhb1qckbjt.gif

Agamemnon
10-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Quinn starting for KC?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Super_Bowl_29_Vince_Lombardi_trophy_at_49ers_Famil y_Day_2009.JPG/200px-Super_Bowl_29_Vince_Lombardi_trophy_at_49ers_Famil y_Day_2009.JPG

menonite
10-22-2012, 06:14 PM
It's like replacing the captain of the Titanic with the captain from the Exxon Valdez.

Bronco Boy
10-22-2012, 06:28 PM

And give me a break on the take Orton or Tebow's job crap. Orton is notorious for looking like Peyton during practice and then looking like Archie Manning in games so he had no chance of beating out Orton in practice. And the Tebow situation was so stacked against Quinn that he had no chance to beat out Tebow. Fans would have rioted had Quinn been named the replacement starter for Orton if it kept Tim on the bench. The calls for Orton's head weren't for a change at QB they were for Tim

Archie Manning could beat out Quinn for a starting QB spot RIGHT NOW.

crush17
10-22-2012, 06:31 PM

This guy is mad... Over Brady Quinn.

baja
10-22-2012, 06:42 PM
You argue like a woman.

Take away all logic, reasoning, and discount the professional opinions of 32 teams that keep passing him by, including scouts, coaches, and the people that drafted him.

Take away all that because maybe, just maybe, he can be the next Warner, Steve Young or Brady.

ROFL!

Jack Nickelson in "As Good as it Gets".

Dr. Broncenstein
10-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Ryan Leaf had first round talent.

Lev Vyvanse
10-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Ryan Leaf had first round talent.

Because of "circumstances" he never got a shot.

DBroncos4life
10-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Because of "circumstances" he never got a shot.

Only had 21 starts too. Is that really enough time to judge him?

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2012, 07:30 PM
You argue like a woman.

ROFL!
I'm going to ignore the woman remark as it just makes you seem ignorant and look at what I said. I said until he gets a true chance to play and grow as a player, he remains an unknown. In the NFL it is likely he is another failed 1st. rounder, but the argument that because NFL talent evaluators don't see it is bull****, because every year NFL talent evaluators are proved wrong on an annual basis. Every year forgotten or overlooked players become impact players once they get a shot to perform.

Bad mouth me all you want for my opinion, but QBs develop skills through game repetitions. You can know a playbook all through, but if you never get to work with it you won't be any good at it.

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2012, 07:31 PM
KC is tossing in the towel and hoping for Barkley.

Lev Vyvanse
10-22-2012, 07:32 PM

No way. He would be a hall of fame QB right now, if only he were given a shot.

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2012, 07:32 PM
13 starts counting last weekend. And last week was his first game action in 3 years. Rust should be expected.

Edit: sorry thought this was about Quinn and not Leaf.

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2012, 07:34 PM

He has looked scared and absolutely awful. He looked good early in his career took some hits and has played scared since.

DBroncos4life
10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
13 starts counting last weekend. And last week was his first game action in 3 years. Rust should be expected.
I was commenting on Leafs career starts. Sometimes you just know what you have real fast.

DBroncos4life
10-22-2012, 07:39 PM
For what its worth broncoman, I wanted Quinn starting over Orton.

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2012, 07:44 PM

And give me a break on the take Orton or Tebow's job crap. Orton is notorious for looking like Peyton during practice and then looking like Archie Manning in games so he had no chance of beating out Orton in practice. And the Tebow situation was so stacked against Quinn that he had no chance to beat out Tebow. Fans would have rioted had Quinn been named the replacement starter for Orton if it kept Tim on the bench. The calls for Orton's head weren't for a change at QB they were for Tim Wow, I never ever thought I would here someone arguing for Quinn.

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I was commenting on Leafs career starts. Sometimes you just know what you have real fast.

I agree and most likely I am wrong and he is another bust; but the occasional start or 2 or 3 game streak ended from injury isn't really that much of a shot.

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2012, 07:47 PM
For what its worth broncoman, I wanted Quinn starting over Orton.

Me too and over Tebow also. I jumped on the Tebow train with the wins, but at the start of the season wanted Quinn

FearLanier
10-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I would take a horrible season this year if it meant getting Barkley, Geno or Wilson.

The Chiefs have problems, but by far the biggest problem on the field for this team is the QB.

Cassel accounted for more turnovers himself than 29 NFL teams through 5 games. That alone is mind boggling.

Chiefs have a nice team set up for a rookie QB. Good defense (with proper coaching) and a pretty good OL with the AFC's leading rusher. Not bad.

broncosteven
10-22-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm going to ignore the woman remark as it just makes you seem ignorant and look at what I said. I said until he gets a true chance to play and grow as a player, he remains an unknown. In the NFL it is likely he is another failed 1st. rounder, but the argument that because NFL talent evaluators don't see it is bull****, because every year NFL talent evaluators are proved wrong on an annual basis. Every year forgotten or overlooked players become impact players once they get a shot to perform.

Bad mouth me all you want for my opinion, but QBs develop skills through game repetitions. You can know a playbook all through, but if you never get to work with it you won't be any good at it.

Compare his TD's to INTs, Woops he has one more INT than TD's!

Look at his QB Rating: 65.4 lifetime rate, anemic

Look at his Completion %: 52.9
FIFTY TWO POINT NINE!

Over 13 games (16 appearances) he only has 2114 yards passing. YAWN

Even Cassel is + on the TD to INT's over his career.

Quinn has been in the league for 5 years now, he is a journeyman backup for a reason. He is inconsistent and ****s down his leg when under pressure. He is better than the Winless Wonder but he will not suddenly blossom into being worth a 1st round pick just because he gets playing time.

Look at the one year he started the most, he was 2-7. Already this year he has Zero TD's and 2 INT's. The only thing he is better than Cassel at is mobility.

If he were worth a damn, Elway would have kept him around rather than use a 2nd round pick on a QB for insurance.

If you watch Quinn play you see bad footwork, poor grasp of the offense, inability to be accurate deep, unable to lead his WR's lots of poorly thrown balls that end up being dropped, more INT's than TD's, folds under pressure and his inconsistency.

I would say the only thing keeping him in the NFL is that he does get streaky and can make a few plays in a row but over the course of a game it is not nearly enough to win. He might get hot for a series or 2 then he disappears again for awhile until he gets it back together again. Couple the fact that he can look good for a series or 2 a game and his high draft pick status together and he is managing to bounce around the league and still collect a check a couple years after he should have been busted out.

I love the fact that KFC thinks all they need to do is make a change at QB rather than see the poor play calling, execution, lack of motivation and sub par personnel that is truly hampering their team.

I do hope they win just enough games to lose out on the best QB and or players in the draft and have to reach on another DT again this year!

Their franchise is funnier than NBC's Thursday night comedies.

Bronco Boy
10-22-2012, 08:01 PM
I would take a horrible season this year if it meant getting Barkley, Geno or Wilson.

The Chiefs have problems, but by far the biggest problem on the field for this team is the QB.

Cassel accounted for more turnovers himself than 29 NFL teams through 5 games. That alone is mind boggling.

Chiefs have a nice team set up for a rookie QB. Good defense (with proper coaching) and a pretty good OL with the AFC's leading rusher. Not bad.

Typical bandwagon fan mentality.

DBroncos4life
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM

Geno Smith will set KC back 10 more years so I hope they draft him.

broncosteven
10-22-2012, 08:04 PM

What did you get from last years horrible season?

LOL

I will say I am glad we have Von Miller on our team but that season was awful to endure and I hope we don't see anything like that for the next 5-10 years or more.

broncocalijohn
10-22-2012, 08:39 PM

As soon as he knows he did his New England duties and screw the Chiefs, he will be back with Belicheat and McDaniels to laugh it off and say, "I love how a plan comes together!" (Add the A Team gif here).

broncocalijohn
10-22-2012, 08:41 PM

LOL

I will say I am glad we have Von Miller on our team but that season was awful to endure and I hope we don't see anything like that for the next 5-10 years or more.

Dude, that crap had not happened since something like 1982. It took over 27 years to suck that bad. Why would you expect that to happen in the next 5 or 10 years?

broncosteven
10-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Dude, that crap had not happened since something like 1982. It took over 27 years to suck that bad. Why would you expect that to happen in the next 5 or 10 years?

Manning is going to retire sooner than later.

Plus I factored in 1999. I figured a team has to have a bad season every 10 years or so and with Manning due to retire with in the next 4-5 years if we are lucky that is why.

FearLanier
10-22-2012, 09:13 PM

LOL

Last year wasn't really horrible as far as the record goes. 7-9 and in the playoff race in the last game of the year doesn't really sound bad to me, even though it was far worse than the record implicated.
This year we should have a top 5 draft pick and fortunately there will be more than one quality QB to choose from.

FearLanier
10-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Geno Smith will set KC back 10 more years so I hope they draft him.

With respect, I think you are wrong about Geno. He's gonna be a great QB. He has no help from his defense or OL (which has struggled to adjust to Big 12 caliber DL).

Geno has such a good feel for the game. I think Barkley, Geno and Wilson will all have success in the NFL.

Rolandftw
10-22-2012, 10:05 PM
With respect, I think you are wrong about Geno. He's gonna be a great QB. He has no help from his defense or OL (which has struggled to adjust to Big 12 caliber DL).

Geno has such a good feel for the game. I think Barkley, Geno and Wilson will all have success in the NFL.

I think Geno has to work on a lot of things. Looks lost when you take away the deep route. Kid's going to have to show something the rest of the season to justify a top selection.

They could all be successful in the NFL but it doesn't usually happen that way (top 3 qb's taken all show themselves to be all-pro type players).

Obviously, KC needs to take a QB though. Pretty much anyone would be an improvement over their current situation

DBroncos4life
10-22-2012, 10:12 PM

I just don't see him working in a NFL system IMO.

FearLanier
10-22-2012, 10:29 PM
I think Geno has to work on a lot of things. Looks lost when you take away the deep route. Kid's going to have to show something the rest of the season to justify a top selection.

They could all be successful in the NFL but it doesn't usually happen that way (top 3 qb's taken all show themselves to be all-pro type players).

Obviously, KC needs to take a QB though. Pretty much anyone would be an improvement over their current situation

I think Geno has done really well on his short and intermediate routes. WVU runs a hell of a lot of them and it's worked (Steadman and Austin have looked awesome on these plays because of their awesome speed).

I think Pioli's biggest fault, aside from committing to Cassel, was passing up Andy Dalton. He had him high on his board, even one of the few QB's to come in for a pre-draft visit that year.

If Dalton is a Chief, I think the team looks completely different right now.

menonite
10-22-2012, 10:34 PM
I just don't see him working in a NFL system IMO.

So you're saying a black man is too lazy to work?

RACIST!

/KCPud

Mile High Salute
10-22-2012, 11:49 PM

...and you expect to get that from Romeo Crennel?? LOL

menonite
10-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Unless the NFL replaces overtime with a winner take all pie eating contest, I don't see Romeo coaching any QB's to victory.

FearLanier
10-23-2012, 07:19 AM
...and you expect to get that from Romeo Crennel?? LOL

Actually that was meant to imply the next coach.

Beantown Bronco
10-23-2012, 07:33 AM
You argue like a woman.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Y9BukEBI9c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

v2micca
10-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Any one else remember back during the '07 draft thread, Quinn was falling and Bob was all hot and bothered for the Chiefs to snatch him up? Well Bob, your Chiefs finally got their man. Happy?

Tombstone RJ
10-23-2012, 10:23 AM
c'mon Brady, boost the chefs right up into the stratosphere of mediocrity!! It's a mighty mountain to climb, but I know you're just the guy who can get kc there!

BroncoMan4ever
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Unless the NFL replaces overtime with a winner take all pie eating contest, I don't see Romeo coaching any QB's to victory.

Even that wouldn't work. To get to overtime would mean the Chiefs would need to be competitive during the first 4 quarters.

tsiguy96
10-23-2012, 12:54 PM
with the QB talent in college right now (based on what i see all the smart college people saying anyway) it does kind of suck to have brock on the bench instead of a MLB or a safety from that same spot.

DBroncos4life
10-23-2012, 01:37 PM
with the QB talent in college right now (based on what i see all the smart college people saying anyway) it does kind of suck to have brock on the bench instead of a MLB or a safety from that same spot.
This QB class looks pretty good, we might be glad we drafted one this year.

maven
10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I hope Quinn lights it up the rest of the season. Barely losing the two Bronco games. Hope he becomes comeback player of the year.

Agamemnon
10-23-2012, 01:59 PM
This QB class looks pretty good, we might be glad we drafted one this year.

Not sure how other quarterbacks from this class looking good reflects on Osweiler one way or the other, but okay.

Agamemnon
10-23-2012, 02:01 PM
I hope Quinn lights it up the rest of the season. Barely losing the two Bronco games. Hope he becomes comeback player of the year.

I don't think you understand what comeback player of the year means. A guy sucking for five years and then suddenly becoming good would not qualify.

menonite
10-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Not sure how other quarterbacks from this class looking good reflects on Osweiler one way or the other, but okay.

I assumethat he means that the Broncos shouldn't have spent a second round pick on a project QB this year when their appears to be better crop of QB's coming out next year that could have been chosen in the same round. Since this year was (possibly) a weaker year for QB prospects, a team like the Broncos that is in "win now" mode would have been better served to fill a position of need this year .

Beantown Bronco
10-23-2012, 02:18 PM
I assumethat he means that the Broncos shouldn't have spent a second round pick on a project QB this year when their appears to be better crop of QB's coming out next year that could have been chosen in the same round. Since this year was (possibly) a weaker year for QB prospects, a team like the Broncos that is in "win now" mode would have been better served to fill a position of need this year .

The post he's responding to (dbroncos4life's) states the exact opposite. That is why agamemnon was questioning it.

Rolandftw
10-23-2012, 02:22 PM
I think Geno has done really well on his short and intermediate routes. WVU runs a hell of a lot of them and it's worked (Steadman and Austin have looked awesome on these plays because of their awesome speed).

I think Pioli's biggest fault, aside from committing to Cassel, was passing up Andy Dalton. He had him high on his board, even one of the few QB's to come in for a pre-draft visit that year.

If Dalton is a Chief, I think the team looks completely different right now.

He's done well against teams with awful defenses, such as Baylor and Texas. As looked completely lost the last couple weeks. Really needs a good showing November 17th against OU

Yeah, passing on Dalton was stupid. Dunno why they did that; I would have took him where they took Baldwin. Don't think they're completely different, but their offense probably resembles an NFL offense at least.

DBroncos4life
10-23-2012, 02:36 PM
The post he's responding to (dbroncos4life's) states the exact opposite. That is why agamemnon was questioning it.

It appears that this QB class is unbelievably strong, nothing wrong with getting a guy in that class most people thought had lots of talent just needed time to develop some things. Brock's age makes the move important as well.

Agamemnon
10-23-2012, 02:41 PM
It appears that this QB class is unbelievably strong, nothing wrong with getting a guy in that class most people thought had lots of talent just needed time to develop some things. Brock's age makes the move important as well.

Brock's youth and inexperience only serve to make him more of a lotto ticket than your average 2nd round QB. It's neither a good or bad thing per se, but it does mean his ceiling is higher and his floor is lower than your average 2nd rounder. People acting like the guy is anything but a lotto ticket our FO just had to have for some reason tickle me.

Pick Six
10-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Forget about winning, for a second. The Chiefs STILL have to play with a lead, in regulation...ROFL!

Bronco Rob
10-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Any one else remember back during the '07 draft thread, Quinn was falling and Bob was all hot and bothered for the Chiefs to snatch him up? Well Bob, your Chiefs finally got their man. Happy?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569400&postcount=36

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569443&postcount=40

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569446&postcount=41

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569454&postcount=43

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569615&postcount=54

There's Gold in Them Thar Hills!

LOL

BroncoMan4ever
10-23-2012, 04:25 PM

The Osweiler pick to me was a cover our asses pick. It was in case Peyton couldn't play anymore. If that happened you have a guy with a lot of potential who learns from 2 of the best ever who becomes our starter. Now that Peyton has shown himself to be what we all hoped, Osweiler can absorb like a sponge for a few years instead of being a day 1 starter with 2 great teachers like I think he would have been had Peyton not been able to go.

Heyneck
10-23-2012, 04:49 PM
The Osweiler pick to me was a cover our asses pick. It was in case Peyton couldn't play anymore. If that happened you have a guy with a lot of potential who learns from 2 of the best ever who becomes our starter. Now that Peyton has shown himself to be what we all hoped, Osweiler can absorb like a sponge for a few years instead of being a day 1 starter with 2 great teachers like I think he would have been had Peyton not been able to go.

hope you are right! I still think it was a wasted pick because of the need and pressure to win on this team. Say we could have used it on a LB? I am worried that when it's all said and done, Peyton will retire in say.. 2-4 years. What if we stink it up with him in his final season, or with Brock in his first and we are stuck with a really high draft pick that would enable us to draft a top franchise QB. Would Elway's ego allow him to bypass that talent in favor of Brock (a 4 year vet by then)?

I really think that, heaven forbid, Peyton gets injured and Brock is thrust into the fire with a team that can't run the ball... he will fail miserably.

canadianbroncosfan
10-23-2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569400&postcount=36

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569443&postcount=40

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569446&postcount=41

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569454&postcount=43

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1569615&postcount=54

There's Gold in Them Thar Hills!

LOL

This seems to be more praise for Croyle than Quinn. As stupid as Bob's comments are, they don't seem to apply here.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Quinn ****ing sucks.

Was wrong about Croyle but he had talent.

Bronco Rob
10-27-2012, 03:17 PM
This seems to be more praise for Croyle than Quinn. As stupid as Bob's comments are, they don't seem to apply here.

Those were his comments pertaining to the subject as per your request.