PDA

View Full Version : Couple Tailgating Questions about Denver

Saints
10-22-2012, 09:02 AM
1. What time do the cash lots open?

2. What is a good cash lot to park at and tell people to meet us at?

3. Can we walk around with booze or does it need to be in solo cups?

Thank ya fellas, see ya Friday!

underrated29
10-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Stadium lots open at noon i believe. You can have open beverages there.

I never park at the stadium, I take the light rail and learn valuable rumors there, so I do not know about that. If I ever have to drive I drive down and Park in the Metro Parking lots (Denver Metro College Campus)- Its so much cheaper and only like a half mile walk, maybe even less. I park at the north west lot right across from pepsi center. If you get there early enough I would imagine its probably like $10.

Open beverages there I am not sure of as well as walking the streets with them. I am going to do it, but I am not sure if its ok or not by the police.

broncocalijohn
10-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Go to denverbroncos.com for those answers. If you are walking around your tailgate area, you do not need cups as far as I am concerned. Probably best to use cans for safety reasons. Most of the lots off of Colfax (underneath the bridge) are cash lots. There is some private lots near there and have less restrictions. Denver isn't a bad place for tailgatting concerning strict rules. Lots open early and stay open late.

Rohirrim
10-22-2012, 09:16 AM
The tradition calls for you to show up with bags full of boudin in the parking lot and go around the tailgate parties handing it out. ;D

Rabb
10-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Lots open way before noon, I plan on getting there around 10 myself but have been there as early as 9.

I am in lot N but C is pretty solid, always a ton going on there. If you walk around with anything, I would put it in a cup and go with cans. I think it's a rule no bottles although honestly that is normally what I bring but I stay in my little spot as well.

There's a tailgating thread going as well on this:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106006

Irish Stout
10-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Lot C and M typically open 6 hours before kick off. Both are $30 and Lot C only has limited parking without a pass. You can walk around with booze, but they'll tell you to get rid of bottles if they see them... no glass for safety reasons. We always take a beer right up to the line to get in and drop the can in the trash when the pat down begins.

Garcia Bronco
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
1. What time do the cash lots open?

2. What is a good cash lot to park at and tell people to meet us at?

3. Can we walk around with booze or does it need to be in solo cups?

Thank ya fellas, see ya Friday!

Use the solo cups or cans...just so it decreases the chance of broken glass in the lot.

Use the main lot right out in front. Or if you don't feel like parking...take the lightrial in and carry your beer in a backpack.

Welcome and have fun.

Please...no paperbags on the heads.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Use the solo cups or cans...just so it decreases the chance of broken glass in the lot.

Use the main lot right out in front. Or if you don't feel like parking...take the lightrial in and carry your beer in a backpack.

Welcome and have fun.

Please...no paperbags on the heads.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUy4pCPNjwx850m4o7XHy2l2cn9nCqD yr83s16eTInMhc6GJqBSD7pOeWPMw

;D

Saints
10-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Are there any bars within walking distance of mile high?

underrated29
10-22-2012, 10:56 PM
lots!

They will be packed up the ass though. There is a brooklyns nearest by. Otherwise there is tons and tons all within a mile or so. Some even closer but I am not a big fan of a couple of them.

Not sure what hotel you are staying but I would def leave the car there. And cab, walk or light rail to the game. That way you can get hammered and still cruise the town or at least not worry about DUI. They will be all over the place because of Halloween weekend and the game.

Pony Boy
10-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Are there any bars within walking distance of mile high?

good idea for drowning your sorrows after the game .....

HILife
10-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Don't worry about what you can and can't do. I say drink till you throw up.

Irish Stout
10-23-2012, 07:25 AM
A decent bar in LoDo that offers free shuttles to the stadium for pre game patrons is the Sports Column. Otherwise in the immediate vicinity of three stadium you grave Brooklyns and mile high station.

Mountain Bronco
10-23-2012, 08:44 AM
I actually like Brooklyns by the pepsi center for game day. Here is a link to info about a game day party at Stoney's for the saints fans. Proceeds to benefit Team Gleason
http://www.facebook.com/events/481060218590995/