PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else concerned...

TerrElway
10-22-2012, 08:51 AM
...about the Saints game?

Their offense has started to roll and they are starting to get coaches and players back. Everyone acts like it's a cake-walk for the Broncos from here on out but for some reason this game scares the hell right out of me.

I try to calm myself by telling myself that the Saints last two wins have been against the Chargers and Bucs but the Broncos last two wins have been against Oakland and the Chargers so, with apologies to Woody Paige and his revised prediction of 12 wins, I'm not convinced that suddenly the Orange and Blue are a juggernaut on it's way to the Super Bowl.

Please slap me back into full on homer mode oh true believers!

Smiling Assassin27
10-22-2012, 08:53 AM
No, I'm on board with that take. The Saints are a scary bunch and are nowhere near the dumpster fire they were to start the season. Their defense is still pretty bad, however, so if we can get the run game going, we can offset that resurgent passing game.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2012, 09:04 AM
No, I'm with you. Saints scare the crap out of me. I'm hoping that a loud and rockin' SAF@MH will deliver for us, and that Peyton will take care of business at home, but that's far from a guarantee.

2KBack
10-22-2012, 09:07 AM
I have no doubts that we can score on NO....I also have no doubts they can score on us...I just hope we do it more

Boobs McGee
10-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Completely agree. This is NOT going to be an easy game. It looks like they're starting to hit their stride a bit, even though BOTH San Diego and the Bucs have some of the worst secondary play in the league (ranked 25th and 31st against the pass). Graham is injured, but their receivers are getting healthier, and that's scary :/

I see our D doing a MUCH better job than their last two opponents, but it's Drew Fricking Brees, and THAT is the part that worries me the most.

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2012, 09:14 AM
If we avoid turning the ball over then I think we can beat them in a shoot out. If we turn the ball over like we have been it could be ugly.

2KBack
10-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Completely agree. This is NOT going to be an easy game. It looks like they're starting to hit their stride a bit, even though BOTH San Diego and the Bucs have some of the worst secondary play in the league (ranked 25th and 31st against the pass). Graham is injured, but their receivers are getting healthier, and that's scary :/

I see our D doing a MUCH better job than their last two opponents, but it's Drew Fricking Brees, and THAT is the part that worries me the most.

I'm not concerned with their receivers actually, I would be concerned if Jimmy Graham comes back....Number one concern: Sproles

Rohirrim
10-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Only a fool wouldn't be apprehensive about going up against Drew Brees.

Boobs McGee
10-22-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm not concerned with their receivers actually, I would be concerned if Jimmy Graham comes back....Number one concern: Sproles

I partially agree...yes, they've played poorly, but they're STILL ranked 1st in the league in YPG for passing. Sproles worries me, but I think there's a legit concern with their passing attack.

hades
10-22-2012, 09:34 AM
All we need is for John Lynch to walk the sidelines before the game and look/point at Drew. He'll have flashbacks and go into panic mode, then unleash Von and Doom! ;D

Rabb
10-22-2012, 09:43 AM
totally agreed

ElwayMD
10-22-2012, 09:46 AM
NO will get their points. If we can keep their Offense out of rhythm we have a great chance of keeping them under 30. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot like we have in every game but Oakland, we should be able to put 30 on them.

jmz313
10-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Only a fool wouldn't be apprehensive about going up against Drew Brees.

This....

And lets just face it, there really aren't any easy games in the NFL anymore.

gyldenlove
10-22-2012, 09:50 AM
We can beat the Saints if we avoid mistakes. Our defense is quite a bit better than their defense and as long as Jimmy Graham is not playing the offenses are about equal.

I watched them play the Chargers and the Bucs, it is quite obvious that the way to try to stop their offense is by jamming at the line and trying to get pass rush up the middle. Brees is a master at stepping up in the pocket to avoid the pass rush from edges, so that puts a huge emphasis on getting pressure down the middle so he can't do that.

On 3rd down and in the red zone they move Colston to the slot and in that situation you REALLY need to jam him hard at the line and have your SS come down a bit to try to take away the inside stuff. They love getting Colston on those shallow routes in the key situations when they use Moore and the other guy (I forget his name) to clear out the outside coverage and force the safeties back.

On defense they have no pass rush at all, they are very aggressive against the run and really swarm so stretch plays and off tackle runs are very difficult to make against them since the entire front flows to the ball - it looks very undisciplined but I didn't see a lot of obvious chances to cut back against it. I think power running, intermediate passes in the middle and deep double move routes are going to be the ticket. Their linebackers are not good in coverage and their safeties lack the speed to make a difference, getting a reciever or TE cutting across the middle 15 to 20 yards deep looks wide open every time. Their outside cornerbacks try to play aggressively with inside leverage, so they can be beat with double moves. None of their CBs are top notch, Greer is okay and is good at using the sideline, but the rest of them are pretty bad - I am looking for Thomas to really take advantage of matching up with Patrick Robinson when he lines up on the left, he has every opportunity to make big plays from that matchup.

Pick Six
10-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Coach Manning has two weeks to prepare for the Saints. We got this...:strong:

maher_tyler
10-22-2012, 09:54 AM
They like to throw the ball down field a lot it seems. Hopefully Von Doom can keep getting pressure. Their offense seems to be clicking now. We can't afford any stupid turnovers.

2KBack
10-22-2012, 09:55 AM
I partially agree...yes, they've played poorly, but they're STILL ranked 1st in the league in YPG for passing. Sproles worries me, but I think there's a legit concern with their passing attack.

Oh I am concerned with the passing....the passing to Sproles. The Saints have played weak pass defenses all year, and played from behind. I think Champ, Porter and Harris can match up with the WR, we have no one matching against the passes to the RBs.

gunns
10-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Yep with Brees passing I completely agree. We cannot get behind like we have been because it will be much more than 24-0 at halftime.

fwf
10-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Coach Manning has two weeks to prepare for the Saints. We got this...:strong:

This. Rested, healthy players with 2 weeks to prepare. I'll take the Broncos even at -6.

And it goes without saying that you shouldnt turn the ball over. A bunch of Idiots on here. Thats like saying... we're going to win as long as the bus taking the team there doesnt break down. Or if everyone doesn't get food poisoning the night before.

Smilin Assassin
10-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Agreed w/most posters here.

Not abnormal to be a little worried about a Drew Brees/Darren Sproles led offense.

I don't think yesterday's game gave me anymore need for concern, though. We knew what they were capable of.

If anything, I'd be more worried if they were coming in 1-4, 1-5, 0-6 and desperate for a win. We have a solid team. I really believe that.

If we play our best, and NO plays their best, I think we should win. It's been a few years since I actually believed that was the case, but John Elway & Peyton Manning have me believing it again.

broncocalijohn
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM
I have no doubts that we can score on NO....I also have no doubts they can score on us...I just hope we do it more

It will be all about stupid turnovers ie. switching ball to different hand. I will love to see us play the 1st half against a good team like we did waaaaaay back in preseason against the 49ers. It is a home game and would love to see us get the home field advantage back in Denver.

oubronco
10-22-2012, 11:01 AM
If they come out flat like they have been in the first half then it could be too hard to catch up with Brees and co., so they better play lights out from the beginning

The question is can they?

Mountain Bronco
10-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Always worried when an offense like the Saints come to Town. They can light up the scoreboard, but Peyton has to be licking his chops waiting for the Saints D to come to Town. They are awful. No turnovers and TD's not FG in the redzone and we should be ok.

DenverBroncosJM
10-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Aints comin off a bye almost lost to TB..color me unimpressed.

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2012, 11:15 AM
This. Rested, healthy players with 2 weeks to prepare. I'll take the Broncos even at -6.

And it goes without saying that you shouldnt turn the ball over. A bunch of Idiots on here. Thats like saying... we're going to win as long as the bus taking the team there doesnt break down. Or if everyone doesn't get food poisoning the night before.

Why even talk about it then. Just say whoever scores more points will win.

Rock Chalk
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Saints passing defense is ranked #30 (Our pass offense is ranked 4th, advantage Denver)
Saints rushing defense is ranked #31 (Our rush offense is ranked 22nd, advantage Denver)

Saints rushing offense is ranked #32 (Our rush defense is ranked 17th, Advantage Denver)
Saints passing offense is ranked #1 (Our pass defense is ranked 9th, advantage New Orleans)

Saints Scoring Offense is ranked 4th (Our scoring Defense is ranked 17th, advantage New Orleans)
Saints Scoring Defense is ranked 29th (Our scoring offense is ranked 12th, advantage Denver).

Denver is averaging 5.3 more points per game than opponents.
New Orleans is averaging 1 FEWER points per game than opponents.

On paper (and thats what this is), Denver has more advantages. NO's strengths play to our strengths. Our strengths play to their weaknesses (they have no defensive strengths).

Is New Orleans playing better now than they were? Absolutely. Is Denver? Probably. I think Denver wins this game and really I dont think its going to be very close. We won't be stacking the box against them and will play a lot of nickle formations leavnig VonDoom to tee off against Brees. Tough task, Brees is a hell of a QB, but their defense is unlikely to stop Denver much this game and our defense will MOST LIKELY be able to stop Brees from time to time.

Bacchus
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM

It does not go without saying because the Broncos have been turning the ball over.

swaiy
10-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Should be interesting. Saints lead the league in explosive pass plays (20+ yards). Broncos are #2.

KevinJames
10-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Not concerned at all.

TB should of beat them, thanks to horrible coaching and a bad call at the end they didn't.

TB is nothing special. Saints defense is swiss cheese.

swaiy
10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Not concerned at all.

TB should of beat them, thanks to horrible coaching and a bad call at the end they didn't.

The Bucs should have won but the call was right. When the QB rolls out of the pocket, illegal contact is no longer illegal.

menonite
10-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I hate Saints fans. So whiny.

ZONA
10-22-2012, 11:47 AM
It's actually pretty simple really. Think about it, if this defense can get either turnovers or if we can stop teams on 3rd and long, there's no reason to believe we can't win every single game we have left. We've by far played the toughest schedule in the league so far and we've had a real chance to win every single game. It was either turnovers by our offense, or lack of stopping teams on 3rd and long on defense, that cost us those possible wins we didn't end up getting.

I'm not saying we have to have both from our defense, but we have to get either. So our defense needs to get take aways or stop teams on 3rd and long. We do either, we win.

Rohirrim
10-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Saints passing defense is ranked #30 (Our pass offense is ranked 4th, advantage Denver)
Saints rushing defense is ranked #31 (Our rush offense is ranked 22nd, advantage Denver)

Saints rushing offense is ranked #32 (Our rush defense is ranked 17th, Advantage Denver)
Saints passing offense is ranked #1 (Our pass defense is ranked 9th, advantage New Orleans)

Saints Scoring Offense is ranked 4th (Our scoring Defense is ranked 17th, advantage New Orleans)
Saints Scoring Defense is ranked 29th (Our scoring offense is ranked 12th, advantage Denver).

Denver is averaging 5.3 more points per game than opponents.
New Orleans is averaging 1 FEWER points per game than opponents.

On paper (and thats what this is), Denver has more advantages. NO's strengths play to our strengths. Our strengths play to their weaknesses (they have no defensive strengths).

Is New Orleans playing better now than they were? Absolutely. Is Denver? Probably. I think Denver wins this game and really I dont think its going to be very close. We won't be stacking the box against them and will play a lot of nickle formations leavnig VonDoom to tee off against Brees. Tough task, Brees is a hell of a QB, but their defense is unlikely to stop Denver much this game and our defense will MOST LIKELY be able to stop Brees from time to time.

Sounds to me like the strategy is simple: Pound the ball with McGahee and Hillman, dominate the clock, keep Brees on the bench, win the field position game on STs and make Brees go 90 yards on every drive.

2KBack
10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Sounds to me like the strategy is simple: Pound the ball with McGahee and Hillman, dominate the clock, keep Brees on the bench, win the field position game on STs and make Brees go 90 yards on every drive.

That's been the attempted strategy every game. Screw it, score in the best way you can....even if it has to be quickly

baja
10-22-2012, 12:31 PM
...about the Saints game?

Their offense has started to roll and they are starting to get coaches and players back. Everyone acts like it's a cake-walk for the Broncos from here on out but for some reason this game scares the hell right out of me.

I try to calm myself by telling myself that the Saints last two wins have been against the Chargers and Bucs but the Broncos last two wins have been against Oakland and the Chargers so, with apologies to Woody Paige and his revised prediction of 12 wins, I'm not convinced that suddenly the Orange and Blue are a juggernaut on it's way to the Super Bowl.

Please slap me back into full on homer mode oh true believers!

I think your concern is quite justified. N O is no cake walk.

Kaylore
10-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Running the ball against the last ranked Saints defense will be much easier than it was against the third ranked Chargers rush defense. We should be able to slow the game down if we ever get a lead. And with Manning we have the ability to catch up if we need to. Also expect Tracy Porter to make some plays against his former team. Manning also probably wants to do well against the team that kept him away from ring number two. At home, I think we can win this game.

Pony Boy
10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Don’t be so predictable in the first quarter, come out firing with the no huddle and score quickly and often. Wear them down and get them sucking oxygen early and put them in catch up mode. Then turns loose the attack dogs Doom and Miller. I have a feeling Champ is going to have a great game.

go_broncos
10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Don't turn the ball over..
We might still win against AFC West teams.
But..teams with good QB/coaches..we will lose.

Kaylore
10-22-2012, 01:19 PM

go_denthor picked us to go 4-12 this season. He thinks we're only going to win 1 more game so I can only imagine he's thinking it's the Browns and all loses before and after that game.

NUB
10-22-2012, 01:25 PM
If we avoid turning the ball over then I think we can beat them in a shoot out. If we turn the ball over like we have been it could be ugly.

This. I think the Saints can be handled with smart ball control. If Denver gets a case of the fumbles again I think Brees will tear the team a new one.

errand
10-22-2012, 02:24 PM
When great QB's are on the field anything can happen... both teams have great quarterbacks....

so I will give the nod to the team that -

[] is at home

[] can run the ball better and...

[] play better defense

which right now between the two is the Denver Broncos

Bacchus
10-22-2012, 02:25 PM
go_denthor picked us to go 4-12 this season. He thinks we're only going to win 1 more game so I can only imagine he's thinking it's the Browns and all loses before and after that game.

Longhorn picked us to go 5-11

Bacchus
10-22-2012, 02:26 PM

So mike Tomlin is not a good coach?

cutthemdown
10-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I worry about every game. Very rare for the Broncos to get an easy win against any team. Brees will be able to move the ball on us, it will be a tough matchup.

Cito Pelon
10-22-2012, 04:28 PM

This.

theAPAOps5
10-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Running the ball against the last ranked Saints defense will be much easier than it was against the third ranked Chargers rush defense. We should be able to slow the game down if we ever get a lead. And with Manning we have the ability to catch up if we need to. Also expect Tracy Porter to make some plays against his former team. Manning also probably wants to do well against the team that kept him away from ring number two. At home, I think we can win this game.

Unless that mysterious reoccurring illness is still nagging him. That is a weird deal. He missed time in preseason too.

theAPAOps5
10-22-2012, 08:30 PM

Go **** yourself you pathetic troll.

Broncos4Life
10-22-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't want to sound too clichéd,
But if we don't turn the ball over
we have a good chance of winning.

Seriously though. Pumped up team,
Manning, much improved Defense,
And a crazy loud Sunday night crowd!
And you guys are worried about losing
to this team?

With all due respect to the Saints,
their 2 game streak, and fans.....
There is no way they are gonna
come in to Denver and hand us a loss
fellas!

Lestat
10-22-2012, 09:26 PM
if Graham can't play then it changes a lot of things. if he does play then i need God to replace our LB's abilities with that of great ones for that game so we don't get handled by Graham all day.

the Saints are going in the right direction but their D is still suspect, i think we can take them.

NFLBRONCO
10-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Only concerned about us. I want to see us play well in first half. NO has nothing to lose they will come out firing.

thechamp
10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Even if we lose, the rest of our schedule is a cake walk compared to the first 7 games

razorwire77
10-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Run the ball against the Saint's terrible run defense. Control the clock, finish drives with touchdowns in the red-zone, minimize turnovers.

Force Brees to play from behind and try to keep the Saints in 3rd and Long obvious passing situations.

Broncobiv
10-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Let Manning do what he does best. Air it out. We aren't as good at running the ball as we were last year. This is a whole new team with Manning at the helm.

Why try to do something we're not as suited to doing as we once were? Play to your strengths. Pass, pass, pass. Score, score, score (through the air). It's what we're best at now.

NFLBRONCO
10-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Even if we lose, the rest of our schedule is a cake walk compared to the first 7 games

True if we lose this game. At 3-4 we'd need to string some wins together and not stumble or make mistakes.

baja
10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Look at their schedule. N. O. is in a must win situation

errand
10-22-2012, 11:07 PM
We aren't as good at running the ball

Why try to do something we're not as suited to doing as we once were? Play to your strengths. Pass, pass, pass. Score, score, score (through the air). It's what we're best at now.

Cuz the Saints aren't very good defensively and aren't very good at stopping the run....I think McGahee could have a Mike Anderson day vs. NO

outdoor_miner
10-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Don’t be so predictable in the first quarter, come out firing with the no huddle and score quickly and often. Wear them down and get them sucking oxygen early and put them in catch up mode. Then turns loose the attack dogs Doom and Miller. I have a feeling Champ is going to have a great game.

For the life of me - I don't understand why we haven't been trying this at home. Come out with excitement. Run no huddle the entire game. Get out to a lead. Let the altitude and VonDoom do their things. It seems like this is the blueprint they built the team to, but then they refuse to execute it.

fwf
10-23-2012, 08:03 AM

No game on the road in the NFL is ever a "cake walk". That was a wrong word choice. Those two games @ Cincy and @Carolina coming up will not be easy. We will lose one of those more than likely.

2KBack
10-23-2012, 08:05 AM
No game on the road in the NFL is ever a "cake walk". That was a wrong word choice. Those two games @ Cincy and @Carolina coming up will not be easy. We will lose one of those more than likely.

They may not be "cake Walks," but what about those two teams makes you think we would lose either?

fwf
10-23-2012, 08:16 AM
They may not be "cake Walks," but what about those two teams makes you think we would lose either?

Ive seen Carolina play twice and their front 4 on Defense is no joke. And if they balance out their offense and commit to running the ball, those two backs are no slouches. Not to mention- theyre a team on the ropes that desperately needs a win. They have play makers and are much better then their record. They should have beat the Falcons.

With Cincy, AJ Green vs our poor safeties is a disaster waiting to happen.

I like us against Cincy more then I do Carolina if we can get after Dalton and force him to make mistakes. You have to blitz the **** out of Cincy or they will beat you with their play makers.

LRtagger
10-23-2012, 10:17 AM

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/If+you+want+to+post+random+gifs+go+to+the+_3dfb3bb 2667c5ed28d05d5e54c615255.jpg

Bacchus
10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
With Cincy, AJ Green vs our poor safeties is a disaster waiting to happen.

That is why Champ will cover him.