PDA

View Full Version : Sell the farm, get Manti Teo!!!

brncs_fan
10-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Seriously. Trade the second and third and have your cornerstone MLB for the next 12+ years.

spiralism
10-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Fully agree with this. May not be the best value but we're in win now mode, plan A after all.

menonite
10-20-2012, 02:48 PM
The Broncos have a farm?!

http://i.imgur.com/VjN8v.jpg

"Coloradan Gothic"

DBroncos4life
10-20-2012, 02:49 PM
When is the last time a highly rated Irish player lived up to his hype?

Broncos_OTM
10-20-2012, 02:56 PM
no thanks, decent player, not someone I wanna sell the farm for

Harvitz81
10-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Rick mirer was close to the next Montana too..,

OBF1
10-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Much better choices if you are going to give away a draft for 1 player. I am watching the Irish game and I do not see it.

extralife
10-20-2012, 04:08 PM

I would say Montana, but he wasn't even highly rated.

So basically it has never happened

oh wait, Tim Brown.

ZONA
10-20-2012, 04:16 PM
For every "no miss" college player somebody hypes, there are 10 "no miss" players who turnout average or worse in the NFL. All you have to do is look at some of our 1st rounders over the past recent years to see why this would be a STUPID move. Dream on buddy

Wes Mantooth
10-20-2012, 04:23 PM

Bettis

Hulamau
10-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Manti looks like the real deal to me. Would be great to see him next at MLB next to Von and perhaps Travethan as he evolves into a solid NFL backer on the otherside.

gunns
10-20-2012, 04:44 PM

About as often as an overly hyped Penn St. player.

TDmvp
10-20-2012, 04:51 PM
No Thx , Not sold.

And furthermore not sure there is any player in college right now that fits one of our needs I'd give up the farm for...

OrangeSe7en
10-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I don't necessarily think they should do it but it wouldn't bother me if they did that.

They need more guys who can play and are smart on defense.

NFLBRONCO
10-20-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd only trade the farm for a QB nothing else. Problem is the player better be a stud not a dud or it sets you back years.

baja
10-20-2012, 05:02 PM

"Coloradan Gothic"

That is just excellent!

We have a new photo shop master.

gyldenlove
10-20-2012, 05:19 PM
This next draft is really strong at MLB - could see 3 or 4 players who could play inside go in the first round.

broncocalijohn
10-20-2012, 05:36 PM

Why Brady Quinn! He is starting for the Chiefs just last week. Sure it is his 3rd team but he has had a very long career in the NFL.

ghwk
10-20-2012, 05:37 PM

"Coloradan Gothic"

John is no mans bitch! LOL

DBroncos4life
10-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Schools I would stay away from on hyped players are Nebraska, Texas, both Michigan schools, and Penn State. USC and Oklahoma are about there too lol.

Mogulseeker
10-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Don't sell the farm for anybody.

Good teams are build through the draft.

The Joker
10-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah, if they really love him and think he's the answer at MLB then I wouldn't oppose us trading up to get him. You don't "sell the farm" for anyone though IMO, there's no such thing as a sure thing in the draft.

If you package multiple premium picks to get someone and they bust then you're severely set back. For every can't miss linebacker prospect that turns out like Urlacher or Patrick Willis there are several that turn out like Rolando McClain or Aaron Curry.

Much will depend on how Teo does at the combine and where we'll be selecting in the first round. If we're picking in the late 20's and he's going in the top 10 then you forget about him and find realistic targets. Plenty of good linebackers out there every year that can be had without giving up your entire draft.

Bmore Manning
10-20-2012, 06:41 PM
This next draft is really strong at MLB - could see 3 or 4 players who could play inside go in the first round.

Really.. Who do you like?

RaiderH8r
10-20-2012, 07:01 PM
About as often as an overly hyped Penn St. player.

/end thread.

Love Manti. Not selling the farm. We gonna need them sugar beets. If we can make a move for lower cost perhaps pull the trigger but I am not down with scrapping the future for a single, unproven player. Let's play the numbers and draft many and hit on a few rather than drafting few and missing many.

RaiderH8r
10-20-2012, 07:02 PM
No Thx , Not sold.

And furthermore not sure there is any player in college right now that fits one of our needs I'd give up the farm for...

We have too many needs and not enough farms.

Drunk Monkey
10-20-2012, 08:04 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6wkqu269Z1qihztbo1_500.gif

lonestar
10-20-2012, 08:13 PM
posted this in another thread..

In which this thread most likely should have been posted

For all the draft historians

When was the last time a team traded up in the first for a MLBer? My guess is never. Even Patrick Willis wasn't traded up for

here are the legit MLBs drafted in the first.. the last fifteen years worth..

While I have not looked up whether anyone moved up for them I doubt it.. Maybe aldavis did for harris which would be par for his logic..

8 Oakland Raiders Rolando McClain MLB Alabama
10 New England Patriots Jerod Mayo ILB Tennessee
11 San Francisco 49ers Patrick Willis ILB Mississippi
25 Carolina Panthers Jon Beason MLB Miami (Fla.)
12 New York Jets Jonathan Vilma MLB Miami (Fla.)
23 Oakland Raiders Napoleon Harris MLB Northwestern
9 Chicago Bears Brian Urlacher MLB New Mexico
28 New England Patriots Andy Katzenmoyer MLB Ohio State
31 Denver Broncos Al Wilson MLB Tennessee
13 Cincinnati Bengals Takeo Spikes ILB Auburn

Gives me an indication moving up in the first is DUMB.. average on that list was 17..

and you can probably count on one hand the number of Mikes that were worth a crap..

brncs_fan
10-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I totally get the whole not getting psyched about a Notre Dame player thing. Even as a fan I have not been real high on any of the players coming out of ND in quite some time (I did think Fassano would be good to really good depending on where he landed).

I have an absolute man-crush on Manti though. He is the complete MLB who can run, tackle, diagnose plays, cover, get int's, and lead the team. And if you can get him by trading a second or third to move up and get him, I think you have to do it.

Or not. Joe Mays rocks!

uplink
10-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Teams seemed to have good success drafting MLB in the 1st round compared to other positions.

I think DJ should start in the middle when he comes back, rotating woodyard and the rookie on the weakside. Brookings off the bench to spell any position. DJ is not the best MLB, but he is the best option. Brookings shouldn't be a starter every week as teams will start to game plan around his lack of speed.

Tombstone RJ
10-20-2012, 10:53 PM
I have no problem with drafting Te'o. However, I do have a problem with trading UP to get him. The ND defense as a whole is pretty good. Is Te'o really that great of a MLB or is the talent around him pretty darn good too?

Take Patric Willis as a good example of drafting a great MLB. He was taken out of Mississippi but as far as I can remember, Mississippi didn't have a great defense the years that Willis played there. He stood out as a beast at LBer because he played in the SEC, not because he was on a great defensive team (right? at least that is what I remember).

It's good to see Al Wilson's name on that list. Shanny struck friggen gold with that pick. I'd love for the Broncos to draft a blue chip MLB or ILB but I don't think they have to have Te'o. He's not the only good ILB in this draft. Fact is the Broncos probably have no shot at him so their friggen scouting department better be looking out for the best ILB to take in either the late first round or the second/third round.

Again, if Te'o blows up the combine, the Broncos ain't gonna draft him because he will be gone by the 12 pick or so.

errand
10-20-2012, 10:57 PM

Bettis? Theismann? Brown? Nobody?

Tombstone RJ
10-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Justin Tuck (2005), David Bruton (yah, I'm including him), Bertrand Berry (1997) are about it as far as good NFL defensive players drafted out of ND in the last 15 years or so. Pretty slim pickens.

Lestat
10-20-2012, 11:11 PM
i want Teo badly, but sell the farm? hell no. only player i would have agreed to do that for was RGIII most recently and before him it was Adrian Peterson.

lonestar
10-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Teams seemed to have good success drafting MLB in the 1st round compared to other positions.

I think DJ should start in the middle when he comes back, rotating woodyard and the rookie on the weakside. Brookings off the bench to spell any position. DJ is not the best MLB, but he is the best option. Brookings shouldn't be a starter every week as teams will start to game plan around his lack of speed.

Dj could not play Mike several years ago was to dumb to call the plays in correctly let alone make adjustments. Under a more complex scheme that he has not even seen yet let alone play, your ok with giving the keys to the whole defense.

As for WW he is a top rated LB for run stopping. Ahead of hawk, Briggs, ryanns and Cushing.
Why do you morons want to reinvent the wheel.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/18/snapshot-run-stop-percentage-linebackers/

I believe we should let the coaches make these decision based on what they see and what they feel they need in the up coming games..

If they put dumb ass in so be it. But whatever they do it will not be before week ten and if he does play I doubt he will be in GAME shape till week 12.

lonestar
10-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Bettis? Theismann? Brown? Nobody?

Those were decades ago at best. And thousands have played since.

ND used to be a preimier football school. But has fallen on hard times since.

broncocalijohn
10-20-2012, 11:30 PM
One thing to not sell the farm but moving up, if you feel this one player/position will get us over the hump , is not a horrible idea. We do have other needs as of right no on D but if I could see getting a stud MIKE, we have 2 out of 3 posibble pro bowlers at LB.

KipCorrington25
10-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Hey, Mike Stonebreaker had 64 tackles for the Frankfurt Galaxy in 1995!

broncocalijohn
10-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Hey, Mike Stonebreaker had 64 tackles for the Frankfurt Galaxy in 1995!

Ok, you are being too literal with the "Stud" MIKE. I will now change to Middle Linebacker. Try finding a guy with that name Kip.

Drek
10-21-2012, 04:45 AM
The most recent 1st round picks for Notre Dame have been:

Brady Quinn - hasn't panned out to date.
Jeff Faine - Standout center for a while, injuries have dicked up a good chunk of his career.
Luke Petitgout - Standout guard, long term starter.
Reynaldo Wynn - 13 year player, started for almost a decade, solid but unspectacular DT.
Bryant Young - borderline HOFer at DT. Lived up to and exceeded the hype.
Aaron Taylor - solid starter at guard who's potential for more was derailed by injuries, which also ended his career short.
Jeff Burris - good starting CB for the better part of 10 years.

I could go on, but general trend is this:
1st round ND QBs are always overhyped in the post-Montana era.
High profile ND linemen produce.

ND hasn't produced a high profile LB in ages, so there is no real trend for Te'o. He's an MLB so his combine will be huge in determining his draft status. If he doesn't run an elite 40 he's not a top 15 player. As for trading up, if he's available for a reasonable trade I'd be game, but I think we'll be too far away for any kind of reasonable trade.

Doggcow
10-21-2012, 05:24 AM
He won't be there at 32. Pass.

brncs_fan
10-21-2012, 06:28 AM
I have no problem with drafting Te'o. However, I do have a problem with trading UP to get him. The ND defense as a whole is pretty good. Is Te'o really that great of a MLB or is the talent around him pretty darn good too?

Take Patric Willis as a good example of drafting a great MLB. He was taken out of Mississippi but as far as I can remember, Mississippi didn't have a great defense the years that Willis played there. He stood out as a beast at LBer because he played in the SEC, not because he was on a great defensive team (right? at least that is what I remember).

It's good to see Al Wilson's name on that list. Shanny struck friggen gold with that pick. I'd love for the Broncos to draft a blue chip MLB or ILB but I don't think they have to have Te'o. He's not the only good ILB in this draft. Fact is the Broncos probably have no shot at him so their friggen scouting department better be looking out for the best ILB to take in either the late first round or the second/third round.

Again, if Te'o blows up the combine, the Broncos ain't gonna draft him because he will be gone by the 12 pick or so.

The ND defense has been garbage up until this year. When we needed a stop it was never "let's go D!" it was more "Make a play Manti!"

Rock Chalk
10-21-2012, 09:08 AM
The ND defense has been garbage up until this year. When we needed a stop it was never "let's go D!" it was more "Make a play Manti!"

ND is going to be ass raped next week.

errand
10-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Those were decades ago at best. And thousands have played since.

ND used to be a preimier football school. But has fallen on hard times since.

I know, I think they're in their 3rd decade of rebuilding....

sgbfan
10-21-2012, 10:02 AM
For all you "don't draft a ND player because they don't pan out" people, I'm pretty sure that's what they said about Tedford QB's a few years ago.

The truth is, Te'o is a great player who has started for 4 years and been solid. He is a leader and a high character guy. He has been a stud for the last 7 years. He is not a one year wonder. ND might not get a lot of stud LB in the NFL, but they don't get a lot of stud LB recruits (#1 LB in the nation by virtually every recruit ranking agency) and top 10 recruit overall by most.

He is the best player available at the position we need most. The FO has to consider moving up, and decide what he is worth and where they think they can get him. If he is unspectacular at the combine, he might drop to the late teens. Assuming we're at the bottom of the draft, It might take a first and a second to get up there. I think it is worth that.

Tombstone RJ
10-21-2012, 10:13 AM

ND as a whole has been garbage for a long time now. I still think the entire defense has gelled and Manti is part of it, but he's no Patrick Willis. However, I could be wrong.

brncs_fan
10-21-2012, 10:30 AM
ND is going to be ass raped next week.

That is entirely possible. While I love the #5 ranking and all I know full well that there are several teams in the top 15-20 that I think could beat us. OU is one of them. I still think we can beat USC though. Either way, we have far surpassed my expectations for this year and think that we will be legitimate contender a whole lot sooner than I thought.

Now, back to Manti Teo!

driver
10-21-2012, 10:51 AM
It's still pretty early to project a player's draft position but , Draftcountdown is projecting himm around #25, Cbs sports shows him at #29.
He is a flashy player and looks good on national TV. Reminds me of Bosworth, w/o the mouth.

Beantown Bronco
10-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I'd only trade the farm for a QB nothing else.

Crazy talk.

LRtagger
10-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Do eet

Lestat
10-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Teo is a beast, might be just the MLB we need to improve this defense into a juggernaut.

gunns
10-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Kid has some good character.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/manti-teo-notre-dame-comforts-parents-of-dying-girl-with-letter-grief-cancer-102512

Bronco Yoda
10-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Unless it's a QB I usually shy away from selling the farm for an unproven (at the pro level) player. Now a proven stud at a critical position on his second contract at the pro level is another story.

chanesaw
10-27-2012, 10:11 PM
He is not only the best in the country at his position, but he has Tebow-like character. I love the guy, he is the Tebow of the defense.

He is the next Ray Lewis type player.

DivineLegion
10-27-2012, 10:22 PM
I is not only the best in the country at his position, but he has Tebow-like character. I love the guy, he is the Tebow of the defense.

He is the next Ray Lewis type player.

So what your saying is he's only good for one quarter a game?

brncs_fan
10-27-2012, 10:30 PM
OP is still right.

st.bernard
10-28-2012, 08:31 AM
He won't be there at 32. Pass.

I like your thinking!

g6matty
10-28-2012, 09:41 AM
we couldnt suck for luck but theres still hope to

TANK for TEO

brncs_fan
12-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Manti Te’o is the greatest defensive player the Fighting Irish have ever had.

From Alan Page and Luther Bradley, to Ross Browner, Bob Crable and Chris Zorich, generations of Domers have seen many stellar defensive players run out the famed tunnel at Notre Dame Stadium.

But after this evening’s Home Depot College Football Awards, no one is as decorated as the Irish’s senior linebacker from Laie, Hawaii.

Te’o picked up a trio of honors tonight, sweeping the awards he was a finalist for, and has earned six major postseason trophies this year. He has now surpassed Michigan’s Charles Woodson for the most ever in one season. In 1997, Woodson won five – the Bednarik Award, Nagurski Trophy, Jim Thorpe Award, Walter Camp Award, and Heisman Trophy.

He is a finalist for the Heisman Trophy (Saturday) and Lott IMPACT Trophy (Sunday). For now, here’s a look at Te’o's week so far:

Butkus Award
Nagurski Trophy
Lombardi Award
Walter Camp Award
Bednarik Award
Maxwell Award

http://ndfootball.wordpress.com/2012/12/06/the-greatest-fighting-irish-defensive-player-of-all-time/

Nest stop: HEISMAN!!!

Action
12-07-2012, 04:49 PM
You do not need to trade up to find a good LB. LB's can be found everywhere in the draft. The only position trading up for that would be worth while is a QB.

Bowman was selected in the late 3rd round, 27th pick.
Ray Lewis as the 26th pick.
Laurinaitis was 2nd round 3rd pick
Daryl Washington was 2nd round 15 pick

The list goes on.

Kaylore
12-07-2012, 05:19 PM
I think Manti would be awesome on this team. But I cannot justify "selling the farm" for a MLB. It would fill a big need, but trading up for need is stupid. This staff has shown a willingness to be patient both in the draft and after with developing their players so they come along at the right pace. With the 32nd pick, it would be just too expensive to trade up for Manti. It's better if we take what falls to us and work off our board.

BroncsCheer
12-07-2012, 06:06 PM

Isn't Teo a Samoan Mormon?

NTTAWWT

brncs_fan
12-07-2012, 07:31 PM
I think Manti would be awesome on this team. But I cannot justify "selling the farm" for a MLB. It would fill a big need, but trading up for need is stupid. This staff has shown a willingness to be patient both in the draft and after with developing their players so they come along at the right pace. With the 32nd pick, it would be just too expensive to trade up for Manti. It's better if we take what falls to us and work off our board.

Since this thread was created it really has become more of a pipe dream then a reality. i honestly thought that he would be in the late teen-early twenties and depending on where we ended up we could get him. I honestly think he will go in the top ten now (especially without a slam dunk QB prospect) and whatever team gets him will have a franchise MLB for the next 15 years.

Now I am just trying to pimp my guy.

chanesaw
12-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Which ever team gets him I will wish him well. Great player and great human being.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Te'o is good, but not as good as Kuechly, Urlacher, or Patrick Willis (9th, 9th, and 11th overall).

In some years, great 4-3 MLB's can be found in the 20's...like Ray Lewis and Jon Beason.

Normally, great NFL LB's (not just MLB's) register multiple 100+ tackle seasons in college. Other than Te'o, there are no ILB's like that in this year's draft.

Andrew Jackson is probably the best looking ILB prospect on the horizon (not named Te'o), but he's 260 lbs. and runs in the 4.7's (a little bit slow), and is only a Jr. for Western Kentucky.

We have DJ and Trevathan, who are both superb LB's.

Kaylore
12-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Isn't Teo a Samoan Mormon?

NTTAWWT

Yes.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 02:10 AM
I had Nfln on and was working around the house someone said I think it was Lombardi that while he was very instinctual MLB he did not think he would have the speed to go sideline to sideline that is required in the NFL.

Myslef I have not seen but snippets of his games so really have no first hand knowledge. Lombardi was a pretty extent GM in WAS. So I would think he has a clue.

gunns
12-08-2012, 06:01 AM

Agree. (Love the 32nd pick reference). Hoping the kid doesn't win the Heisman as the majority are not the dominating force they were in college and not worthy of the #1 pick they usually become. Wishing him much success as the runner up because we as Bronco fans know how well they work out.

Requiem
12-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Te'o is good, but not as good as Kuechly, Urlacher, or Patrick Willis (9th, 9th, and 11th overall).

Yes he is.

Rohirrim
12-08-2012, 08:42 AM
What we need to do is take the best Olineman left at the 32nd pick. Hopefully, that will be Barrett Jones.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 11:26 AM
What we need to do is take the best Olineman left at the 32nd pick. Hopefully, that will be Barrett Jones.

This! Minter or Reddick will probably be around at our next pick.

pricejj
12-08-2012, 11:35 AM
This! Minter or Reddick will probably be around at our next pick.

I would take DJ Williams or Danny Trevathan at MLB over Minter or Reddick.

They have no tackles in college! How are they going to get tackles in the NFL?

razorwire77
12-08-2012, 11:36 AM

I think he will be on the football field. Although Urlacher and Willis had freakier athletic ability coming out of college. I actually think Te'o will under-perform at the combine.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I would take DJ Williams or Danny Trevathan at MLB over Minter or Reddick.

They have no tackles in college! How are they going to get tackles in the NFL?

I said this was a weak MLB class for day one starters outside of Te'o in the draft forum..
Reddick, Minter, and Jackson are 3 players who could be great players with the right coaching, mentoring, studying, film room, and WANT.

I'm not sure why you'd rather have 2 undersized LBs play mike in base.. Or where you get this no tackles for Reddick or Minter..?

rmsanger
12-08-2012, 12:07 PM
He's no Patrick Willis.... Pass!

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Since this thread was created it really has become more of a pipe dream then a reality. i honestly thought that he would be in the late teen-early twenties and depending on where we ended up we could get him. I honestly think he will go in the top ten now (especially without a slam dunk QB prospect) and whatever team gets him will have a franchise MLB for the next 15 years.

Now I am just trying to pimp my guy.

he's absolutely the safest pick as of right now if a team is selecting in the top 10.

pricejj
12-08-2012, 12:23 PM
I said this was a weak MLB class for day one starters outside of Te'o in the draft forum..
Reddick, Minter, and Jackson are 3 players who could be great players with the right coaching, mentoring, studying, film room, and WANT.

I'm not sure why you'd rather have 2 undersized LBs play mike in base.. Or where you get this no tackles for Reddick or Minter..?

DJ is bigger and faster than Reddick and Minter.

Reddick has never had more than 85 tackles in a college season. Pass.
Minter cracked the 100 tackle barrier this year, but he just seems kind of tired, old for his age.
Is Andrew Jackson coming out for this draft? I like him, maybe in the 2nd round. He would have to lose a little weight and gain some speed to be effective in the Broncos Defense.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 01:19 PM
DJ is bigger and faster than Reddick and Minter.

Reddick has never had more than 85 tackles in a college season. Pass.
Minter cracked the 100 tackle barrier this year, but he just seems kind of tired, old for his age.
Is Andrew Jackson coming out for this draft? I like him, maybe in the 2nd round. He would have to lose a little weight and gain some speed to be effective in the Broncos Defense.

Price.. DJ cannot shed blocks to play MLB, an does not bring the true physical presence needed. Reddick has always been surrounded by good talent infrint of him where he doesn't have to make all the tackles. Minter is a good player as well in a similar situation. Minter gets the physical edge and Reddick has the coverage edge.

I have raved about Jackson on here and in the draft forum.. I'm also concerned about his ability to cover, but he has the speed along with the size. He's going to be more raw at first, then the other two.

An article about Te'o.. Maybe he drops enough to move up..
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/08/manti-teo-will-be-a-first-round-pick-but-some-question-his-speed/

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Price.. DJ cannot shed blocks to play MLB, an does not bring the true physical presence needed. Reddick has always been surrounded by good talent infrint of him where he doesn't have to make all the tackles. Minter is a good player as well in a similar situation. Minter gets the physical edge and Reddick has the coverage edge.

I have raved about Jackson on here and in the draft forum.. I'm also concerned about his ability to cover, but he has the speed along with the size. He's going to be more raw at first, then the other two.

An article about Te'o.. Maybe he drops enough to move up..
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/08/manti-teo-will-be-a-first-round-pick-but-some-question-his-speed/

The combine will either push Manti over the top of bring him down a notch. If he clocks in a decent 40 and shows good ability to on the cones and good verticle he's top 10 pick.

Agamemnon
12-08-2012, 02:11 PM
No. Just no.

ZONA
12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Really? There is still talk about "a sure thing" prospect? Cmon now people, we all no there is no such thing in the draft. Hind sight is 20 20. You never know what a player will do at the next level. Part of the reason is that you don't know how much more a player will improve once they get to the NFL. Even a great college player rarely can take that exact talent and physical ability to the NFL and last for long. They almost always have to improve quite a bit to become a star player in the NFL. I think when somebody says "maybe the safest pick", that's fine to use because you are in no way saying the are a "for sure thing". And you certainly don't trade your draft in hopes of 1 guy making that much of a difference.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Really? There is still talk about "a sure thing" prospect? Cmon now people, we all no there is no such thing in the draft. Hind sight is 20 20. You never know what a player will do at the next level. Part of the reason is that you don't know how much more a player will improve once they get to the NFL. Even a great college player rarely can take that exact talent and physical ability to the NFL and last for long. They almost always have to improve quite a bit to become a star player in the NFL. I think when somebody says "maybe the safest pick", that's fine to use because you are in no way saying the are a "for sure thing". And you certainly don't trade your draft in hopes of 1 guy making that much of a difference.

Atlanta disagrees with your logic sir!

ColoradoDarin
12-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Aaron Curry approves of this message.

Punisher
12-08-2012, 04:51 PM
This some what makes sense since its a weak draft.

R8R H8R
12-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I would be ok with moving up a few spots or so if the player and price is right. But "selling the farm" for a LBer? No thanks, this Broncos FO is doing just fine getting so called value guys.

May I remind everyone that the great Al Wilson was taken with the 31st pick of the 1st round(only 31 teams in 1999). His knock? He was considered too short and small at 5'11 7/8" and 239 lbs, but was a great leader and had top intangibles. Pro Football Weekly's Joel Buchsbaum had him as the 5th rated LB that year. Andy Katzenmoyer(remember him?) was rated number 3. Just saying...

cutthemdown
12-08-2012, 06:02 PM
That center from Alabama could maybe be had if we only moved up what? Maybe 10 spots? We have to keep looking at the interior oline right? I mean even a guard IMO is needed in FA or draft. Not saying a big time player needed or high pick just more depth because we all see what happend when Kuper not in there. Also Koppen old and can't be counted on to protect manning and the middle for 2-3 yrs. How many people want to rely on Walton and Koppen going into next yr? I mean it could be doable but seems risky to me.

Carmelo15
12-08-2012, 06:09 PM
That center from Alabama could maybe be had if we only moved up what? Maybe 10 spots? We have to keep looking at the interior oline right? I mean even a guard IMO is needed in FA or draft. Not saying a big time player needed or high pick just more depth because we all see what happend when Kuper not in there. Also Koppen old and can't be counted on to protect manning and the middle for 2-3 yrs. How many people want to rely on Walton and Koppen going into next yr? I mean it could be doable but seems risky to me.

I agree Barrett Jones would be a very smart pick. Center is maybe our weakest position and we need depth overall on the line. His versatility is almost unheard of

cutthemdown
12-08-2012, 06:19 PM
I agree Barrett Jones would be a very smart pick. Center is maybe our weakest position and we need depth overall on the line. His versatility is almost unheard of

I saw some mocks where he went like in the 20's i was surprised, but then i remembered that centers often dont go super high even when they are good ones. Another mock actually had him going way towards the end of round 1 so he could be an interesting possibility. I don't even think much about players who are locks to go in the top 10 unless you are having a crappy yr. I wouldnt want to see us trade next yrs first or anything crazy.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 06:46 PM
am i the only one who see's WR being a growin need every week. if DT or Decker go down we're screwed. if decker went down we could probably be better off but this past game with stokely limited our depth was exposed. i hope elways not sleeping at the wheel we should grab amendola or gibson in free agency. collie is available but hes the jahvid best of WR's so hes not much help. i like stedman bailey in the late second or third he would be niceeee for this offense. kenny stills isnt a bad pick either but i seriously see WR depth as a bigger need then any other depth selection.

MLB is our most glaring need but we have so many play makers and we hardly ever run a standard 4-3 line up with von playing mostly at the line of scrimage. we're in a 5-2 most of the time but a lot of guys on this board are in love with that minter kid from lsu . while admittedly not being an avid college footballl fan i get the sense from reading reports on him from fans and experts hes a thumper. this team is built to play with the lead IE we dont have to worry about the run that much. we're stout as it is vs the run but IMO we're ranked so high in run defense because teams abandon it while we're in the midst of a shootout. we need a play making MLB who can cover. i tell all my friends to pick up the TE of who ever the broncos play that week because we can not stop TE's. for the love of god can we draft a franchise MLB im tired of this revolving door of LBs i want a leader a baller a PLAYMAKER at MLB.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/2626877/20120929_kdl_av3_094.0_standard_352.0.jpg

this kid is an ex safety with sideline to sideline speed. we're out of the "tank for TEO" sweepstakes so we need to accept that. theres talks of this kid going to the ravens to replace ray lewis. anybody who able to fill those shoes is good enough for this team. if we **** up in the play offs and we chose before baltimore we need to steal this guy from the ravens. VON MILLER - ALEX OGLETREE - DJ WILLIAMS. wow. thats ALOT of talent. who we can compete with the talent of the 49ers with that lineup.

our defense has so much flexibilty we could line up von at pure DE and have DJ ogletree and Woodyard all on the feild. with this competition it raises the play of all our linebackers. its going to be so hard to get on the feild that nate irvin and danny trevathon would be forced to play better to see some feild time. next year is DJ contract year so trevathon irvin and woodyard could all battle it out to see who stays here long term. we have a high class problem at linebacker and thats too much depth. we just need that guy to plug the middle for us. our von miller of MLBs

OGLETREE

cutthemdown
12-08-2012, 06:50 PM
You can solve 3rd and 4th WR in FA IMO. Just keep a vet in reserve in case a starter goes down. I don't see any need for one in the first 2 rounds. A guy like you were mentioning Amendola etc would be awesome. Stokely cant last forever. But I thnk our offense is some better interior line play from being unstoppable. Get Clady signed up, draft a huge stud for either LG or Center.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 06:57 PM
idk bro why does everyone keep saying we need to draft a starting o lineman. we are young on the oline and gelling. kupers fragile ass keeps getting hurt and messing up our continuity. with him healthy we are fine at o line. im not a walton supporter but i think manning texted him first when he got to denver saying he was excited to work with him. he was supposed to be a mauler out of college and seemingly was coming along before getting injured. we just drafted that blake kid out of baylor this past year so unless an absolute stud falls to us oline in the first is a no go.

mlb has to be the pick in the first. the BPA and our NEED match up perfectly in the late first.

Agamemnon
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM
am i the only one who see's WR being a growin need every week. if DT or Decker go down we're screwed. if decker went down we could probably be better off but this past game with stokely limited our depth was exposed. i hope elways not sleeping at the wheel we should grab amendola or gibson in free agency. collie is available but hes the jahvid best of WR's so hes not much help. i like stedman bailey in the late second or third he would be niceeee for this offense. kenny stills isnt a bad pick either but i seriously see WR depth as a bigger need then any other depth selection.

MLB is our most glaring need but we have so many play makers and we hardly ever run a standard 4-3 line up with von playing mostly at the line of scrimage. we're in a 5-2 most of the time but a lot of guys on this board are in love with that minter kid from lsu . while admittedly not being an avid college footballl fan i get the sense from reading reports on him from fans and experts hes a thumper. this team is built to play with the lead IE we dont have to worry about the run that much. we're stout as it is vs the run but IMO we're ranked so high in run defense because teams abandon it while we're in the midst of a shootout. we need a play making MLB who can cover. i tell all my friends to pick up the TE of who ever the broncos play that week because we can not stop TE's. for the love of god can we draft a franchise MLB im tired of this revolving door of LBs i want a leader a baller a PLAYMAKER at MLB.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/2626877/20120929_kdl_av3_094.0_standard_352.0.jpg

this kid is an ex safety with sideline to sideline speed. we're out of the "tank for TEO" sweepstakes so we need to accept that. theres talks of this kid going to the ravens to replace ray lewis. anybody who able to fill those shoes is good enough for this team. if we **** up in the play offs and we chose before baltimore we need to steal this guy from the ravens. VON MILLER - ALEX OGLETREE - DJ WILLIAMS. wow. thats ALOT of talent. who we can compete with the talent of the 49ers with that lineup.

our defense has so much flexibilty we could line up von at pure DE and have DJ ogletree and Woodyard all on the feild. with this competition it raises the play of all our linebackers. its going to be so hard to get on the feild that nate irvin and danny trevathon would be forced to play better to see some feild time. next year is DJ contract year so trevathon irvin and woodyard could all battle it out to see who stays here long term. we have a high class problem at linebacker and thats too much depth. we just need that guy to plug the middle for us. our von miller of MLBs

OGLETREE

Call me crazy, but I'm just not excited by the thought of a MLB with the same build as DT.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 07:08 PM
urlacher is built like DT . mlb is all about technique and bending at the hips. knee benders are jaw breakers baby coach used to preach that to me in highschool. you see how urlacher drops deeep hole and makes alot of int's in his career with his length jumping and tipping himself the ball. urlacher is taller if i remember correctly but ogletree has nice arm length. how cant you be excited about having a true play maker in the middle.

Agamemnon
12-08-2012, 07:12 PM
urlacher is built like DT . mlb is all about technique and bending at the hips. knee benders are jaw breakers baby coach used to preach that to me in highschool. you see how urlacher drops deeep hole and makes alot of int's in his career with his length jumping and tipping himself the ball. urlacher is taller if i remember correctly but ogletree has nice arm length. how cant you be excited about having a true play maker in the middle.

Brian Urlacher is over 250 pounds. If you think the two compare as players in any meaningful way, I just don't know what to say...

g6matty
12-08-2012, 07:16 PM
athleticism and speed compare bro. dont try to clown me im trying to have a conversation about the furture of our team . what was von millers knock coming out of college he was built like DT and lookat him now. players can add weight and strength in a NFL offseason . who would you like to see us draft you guru? whats your favorite mlb this year

cutthemdown
12-08-2012, 07:22 PM
athleticism and speed compare bro. dont try to clown me im trying to have a conversation about the furture of our team . what was von millers knock coming out of college he was built like DT and lookat him now. players can add weight and strength in a NFL offseason . who would you like to see us draft you guru? whats your favorite mlb this year

People thought Miller was built like a DT? Im confused.

TheChamp24
12-08-2012, 07:33 PM
he's absolutely the safest pick as of right now if a team is selecting in the top 10.

Aaron Curry was deemed the safest pick in the top 10 a few years ago.
I call BS on those claims.

I think from what I've read, a lot of people view Teo as a mid 1st round pick.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 07:44 PM
People thought Miller was built like a DT? Im confused.

miller was 6'3 237 in college. like 5 pounds heavier. case in point for linebackers height and weight doesnt really matter. physicality instincs speed and heart are most important.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 07:44 PM
after Aaron Curry there is no such thing as a "safe pick".
i do like Te'o and would love to get him in the draft but he isn't a guy that you sell the farm for.

you have to go with value here. if you move up it should be for a DL or OL.
unless a top tier WR or elite RB falls in the draft.
we need a MLB badly but we also have other holes to fill on the team and surrendering a bunch of picks to move up won't help that process.

now if Patrick Willis 2.0 comes along, then by all means.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 07:46 PM
miller was 6'3 237 in college. like 5 pounds heavier. case in point for linebackers height and weight doesnt really matter. physicality instincs speed and heart are most important.

depends on the needs of the defense.
if your defense requires bigger and stout run defense LB's or more DE hybrid types then size matters a ton including height and weight.
if you're a fast flowing defense that relies on technique and instincts then a smaller and more explosive LB is needed.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:03 PM
in this case the guy has size and speed . over all our defense is undersized but we are fast and fly to the ball. this guy can be our solution to the tight end conundrom ewe have. hes tall long lanky and play SAFETY. why am i the only guy in love with this idea . TE kill us alllll the time

oubronco
12-08-2012, 08:07 PM
The Florida MLB looks like a good one too

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 08:07 PM
idk bro why does everyone keep saying we need to draft a starting o lineman. we are young on the oline and gelling. kupers fragile ass keeps getting hurt and messing up our continuity. with him healthy we are fine at o line. im not a walton supporter but i think manning texted him first when he got to denver saying he was excited to work with him. he was supposed to be a mauler out of college and seemingly was coming along before getting injured. we just drafted that blake kid out of baylor this past year so unless an absolute stud falls to us oline in the first is a no go.

mlb has to be the pick in the first. the BPA and our NEED match up perfectly in the late first.

On this we agree, yes, the Broncos need help on the interior of the oline but no, I don't see the Broncos drafting an oline guy on the first day of the draft. Remember the Broncos also drafted Blake. The Broncos need to solidify the interior of the oline via FA and draft the best interior LBer possible (outside for Manti) in the first round.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 08:08 PM

Bostic has some game.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:09 PM

YES he does he could be a second day pick i would not be mad about that guy. he looks physical and FAST

razorwire77
12-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Guys Urlacher was an amazingly freakish athlete too. He's legs are betraying him now, but in high school he was an all-state basketball player. Just a disgusting dunker in rec league college games (I think he broke a breakaway rim). He qualified for state 100M at like 225 pounds. In college he played the Linebacker/Safety "Lobo" position in a 3-3-5 and returned punts at 240 pounds. He also had 8 catches for 7 touchdowns in the red zone his senior year.

I love Te'o, but I don't think he's in the same ball park athletically as Urlacher or Willis when they came out.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 08:12 PM
in this case the guy has size and speed . over all our defense is undersized but we are fast and fly to the ball. this guy can be our solution to the tight end conundrom ewe have. hes tall long lanky and play SAFETY. why am i the only guy in love with this idea . TE kill us alllll the time

So if you want a hybrid player think Cooper Taylor of Richmond and Kenny Tate of Maryland, they would only cost you a 6th or 7th too. I am not sure Ogaltree is sitting there at 32 partner..

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 08:12 PM

yep, we need an athletic freak in the middle of the defense, not a thumper per say. We need a guy who can move, cover TEs and yes, flow and tackle.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 08:15 PM
depends on the needs of the defense.
if your defense requires bigger and stout run defense LB's or more DE hybrid types then size matters a ton including height and weight.
if you're a fast flowing defense that relies on technique and instincts then a smaller and more explosive LB is needed.

Your beating a dead horse matty has a woody for him and his instinc. FWIW think there is some OCD issues there.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:16 PM
So if you want a hybrid player think Cooper Taylor of Richmond and Kenny Tate of Maryland, they would only cost you a 6th or 7th too. I am not sure Ogaltree is sitting there at 32 partner..

this is absolutely rediculous dude. you want to pick up a 6th round pick to start at our MLB.... we need a STUD to complete this defense you dont pick a 6th round guy and calm him the mlb of the future. theres great talent in the late first at MLB . im not as high on cj mosely as some but hes not bad either.

i usually like what you have to post but this is just piss poor. you have great insight on draft and free agency i expect more from you on this topic.

however in all seriousness obviously i want denver to win the superbowl and select 32 if were infront of baltimore we need to snag this guy because they will if we wont. they might even trade up infront of us to get him hes well worth the 25-30 pick with his talent and upside

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Your beating a dead horse matty has a woody for him and his instinc. FWIW think there is some OCD issues there.

lonestar you are a dbag dude seriously. you lurk this board and wait for me to post just to get under my skin. you offer very little insight on your own feelings and evaluation of players all you do is bad mouth somebody elses suggestions while offering nothing orginal. who would you like us to draft ? who do u think we should target in free agency.? whats ur top 5 mlb look like for the draft.?

start proposing things of your own instead of pissing me off and talkin **** about what im passionate about. i think this guys a stud and could pan out for us but i rarely ever see you go all in on a player and stake your reputation on who you think willl thrive in this league

lonestar
12-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Guys Urlacher was an amazingly freakish athlete too. He's legs are betraying him now, but in high school he was an all-state basketball player. Just a disgusting dunker in rec league college games (I think he broke a breakaway rim). He qualified for state 100M at like 225 pounds. In college he played the Linebacker/Safety "Lobo" position in a 3-3-5 and returned punts at 240 pounds. He also had 8 catches for 7 touchdowns in the red zone his senior year.

I love Te'o, but I don't think he's in the same ball park athletically as Urlacher or Willis when they came out.

Yes he was super stud in college I was hoping that mikey would move up and get him would have been a long replacement at SS. For us or LB.

He played against UTEp a couple of time and he killed us.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 08:25 PM
this is absolutely rediculous dude. you want to pick up a 6th round pick to start at our MLB.... we need a STUD to complete this defense you dont pick a 6th round guy and calm him the mlb of the future. theres great talent in the late first at MLB . im not as high on cj mosely as some but hes not bad either.

i usually like what you have to post but this is just piss poor. you have great insight on draft and free agency i expect more from you on this topic.

however in all seriousness obviously i want denver to win the superbowl and select 32 if were infront of baltimore we need to snag this guy because they will if we wont. they might even trade up infront of us to get him hes well worth the 25-30 pick with his talent and upside

I'm not insinuating either player playing MLB. I'm suggesting a hybrid OLB/S with later value, used in packages to cover the TE. It's not always the MLB who covers the TE as you know.. I think your boy is long gone by 32.. I want athleticism just like you, but I want physicality out of the MLB and the ability to cover hence Minter, Reddick, and Jackson. When we go Nickel the Kentucky boys will be the LBs..

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Lonestar is the king of hind sight evaluating , he didn't say **** about Woodyard until he broke out this year and all of a sudden he's on trevathons dick too. Nut up dude you're a football guru stake your football knowledge on a player and go all in pussy

lonestar
12-08-2012, 08:30 PM
lonestar you are a dbag dude seriously. you lurk this board and wait for me to post just to get under my skin. you offer very little insight on your own feelings and evaluation of players all you do is bad mouth somebody elses suggestions while offering nothing orginal. who would you like us to draft ? who do u think we should target in free agency.? whats ur top 5 mlb look like for the draft.?

start proposing things of your own instead of pissing me off and talkin **** about what im passionate about. i think this guys a stud and could pan out for us but i rarely ever see you go all in on a player and stake your reputation on who you think willl thrive in this league

RIF. Obviously you have never read most of my posts about existing players on our team.

Passionate I am.

As for college unlike some I have things to do besides watch loads of college games. My daughter played VB and BB in school and I did not have time to waste during those seasons. She played VB 6 th grade through 4 seasons in college. And since those last four years were out of state lots of traveling to see those games.

When bowl season starts I'll watch a few games maybe the senior bowl and the combine.

I do not feel qualified nor would i waste my time doing mocks as they are just that MOCKS. Rarely are any of them correct.

But have ball be a dreamer.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm not insinuating either player playing MLB. I'm suggesting a hybrid OLB/S with later value, used in packages to cover the TE. It's not always the MLB who covers the TE as you know.. I think your boy is long gone by 32.. I want athleticism just like you, but I want physicality out of the MLB and the ability to cover hence Minter, Reddick, and Jackson. When we go Nickel the Kentucky boys will be the LBs..

Bro I'm looking for our ever down lb our keuchly , Willis , beason etc. **** Nickle package lbs we need our MLB for the next 15 years who leads and commands the defense. It's time to find him it's been too long

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 08:31 PM
When I first joined I mocked Trevathan to us and in the right round.. Just saying..lol

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104763&highlight=Bmore+mock

lonestar
12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Btw busting your balls Is just having fun. You are so easy..

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Now more then ever it's a passing league if we're caught without our Nickle MLB were screwed just like we've been with mays and brooking on 1st n 2nd down passes that's why I'm insisting on an average run stuffer but exceller in coverage and playmaking ability

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Bro I'm looking for our ever down lb our keuchly , Willis , beason etc. **** Nickle package lbs we need our MLB for the next 15 years who leads and commands the defense. It's time to find him it's been too long

Te'o and Ogaltree will be gone.. Unless we move up.
It's a tough hard fact, so I have evaluated the other options.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:35 PM
**** u lone star plain n simple ur a bitch

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
When I first joined I mocked Trevathan to us and in the right round.. Just saying..lol

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104763&highlight=Bmore+mock

As I said before you're a great evaluator I like ur insight on draft and free agency I like reading your posts in those regards

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Lonestar is the king of hind sight evaluating , he didn't say **** about Woodyard until he broke out this year and all of a sudden he's on trevathons dick too. Nut up dude you're a football guru stake your football knowledge on a player and go all in p***Y

This is the type of guru **** ****star brings to the table...

without looking at the actual schedule and doing this before the draft and FA. this is like flying at night in the thunderstorm clouds..

Home games include games vs.

(13-3) Saints LOSS
(12-4) Steelers LOSS
(10-6) Texans LOSS
(8-8) Chargers to close to call early in the year probably a win late not a chance
(8-8) Chokeland win
(7-9) Chefs win
(4-12) Browns win
(4-12) Bucs win

Away games include games vs.

(13-3) Patriots LOSS
(12-4) Ravens LOSS
(10-6) Falcons LOSS
(9-7) Bengals LOSS
(8-8) Chargers LOSS
(8-8) Chokeland LOSS
(7-9) Chefs LOSS
(6-10) Panthers win

Looks like 6-10 to me as it stands right this minute..

If we get some great draft picks and a couple of key FA and suffer not major injuries could be a 9-7 season..

But KC is on the rise loads of talent, new coach in crennel could be a real problem..
OAK about the same although not sure about their coaching, davis is dead so WTFK which direction this team will do.. I suspect if they allow the HC to call the plays instead of being a puppet, they could be a damned good team..

SAN loads of talent still have norv as a coach.

those are 6 of the games that are going to be tough ones.. the rest are pretty much playoff teams..

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Te'o and Ogaltree will be gone.. Unless we move up.
It's a tough hard fact, so I have evaluated the other options.

I don't know much about Ogaltree but if he freaks at the combine than yep, he'll be gone too. I really wanted the Broncos to take that hella fast LBer from Cal Berkeley last year but nope. You can't coach speed.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 08:42 PM
As I said before you're a great evaluator I like ur insight on draft and free agency I like reading your posts in those regards

Which of my post types don't you like..?

ZONA
12-08-2012, 08:45 PM

But you're wanting to find a stud MLB in a very weak draft class, and we'll be picking in the high 20's ore low 30's. You have to look at BPA early in the draft because you never know about injuries or what have you. This is why GM's usually go BPA early and then draft need late.

I'm all for BPA with first 2 picks and then you can look at need the rest of the way. I still think we need a DT, would love to get another Safety (I think Moore is coming along well but we can upgrade Adams for sure). Would love to get another LG as well. And we'll see what Williams does rest of the season and playoffs at MLB. I don't think Brooking is coming back, and Irving will probably be cut also if we draft another ILB. Between Miller, Williams, Woodyard I think we have 3 lagit starters and excellent players there, with Trevathon coming on strong. I don't think MLB is as big a need now as when the season started. Woodyard has proved he can play that outside LB spot well and that allows us to move DJ inside. Again, if DJ craps it during the stretch run, we can try Trevathon in the middle next year as we once again draft ILB for depth. I think it's much more important right now to get a dominant interior DLmen. That will help soooooooo much.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't know much about Ogaltree but if he freaks at the combine than yep, he'll be gone too. I really wanted the Broncos to take that hella fast LBer from Cal Berkeley last year but nope. You can't coach speed.

Kendricks is playing OLB for Philly..Doesn't mean he couldn't play MLB.

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 08:52 PM
But you're wanting to find a stud MLB in a very weak draft class, and we'll be picking in the high 20's ore low 30's. You have to look at BPA early in the draft because you never know about injuries or what have you. This is why GM's usually go BPA early and then draft need late.

I'm all for BPA with first 2 picks and then you can look at need the rest of the way. I still think we need a DT, would love to get another Safety (I think Moore is coming along well but we can upgrade Adams for sure). Would love to get another LG as well. And we'll see what Williams does rest of the season and playoffs at MLB. I don't think Brooking is coming back, and Irving will probably be cut also if we draft another ILB. Between Miller, Williams, Woodyard I think we have 3 lagit starters and excellent players there, with Trevathon coming on strong. I don't think MLB is as big a need now as when the season started. Woodyard has proved he can play that outside LB spot well and that allows us to move DJ inside. Again, if DJ craps it during the stretch run, we can try Trevathon in the middle next year as we once again draft ILB for depth. I think it's much more important right now to get a dominant interior DLmen. That will help soooooooo much.

I hope you are right, I just don't know about DJ but perhaps that was more due to Shanny's inability to find and stick with a good DC than anything else. DJ is NOT a leader, that's for damn sure.

Brooking is a vocal leader, that is why he's so valuable. What makes anyone think that DJ will all of a sudden be a vocal leader, making sure the other players are in position? I'm just not seeing it.

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Kendricks is playing OLB for Philly..Doesn't mean he couldn't play MLB.

Philly knows Lbers too. Ticks me off.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 08:55 PM

I'm on board with alot of this.. But I like a new Center like Jones to add some physicality to the OLine. I think Beadles has improved.

I can't stress the need for DTs enough..
I don't like DJ at MLB though..

g6matty
12-08-2012, 09:00 PM

I've also suggested we move Wolfe inside next to Vick and start ayers at de. DT isn't a need in my eyes we have a nice mix right now with bannan Wolfe unrein and Vick. Were stuffing the run well this year and we always as fans are looking for a DT in the draft. Del rio stated multiple times he likes guys with fat asses at DT. We have siliga who fits that mold her could emerge and rotate in next year. Also just drafted Malik Jackson so who knows. DT we can grab in mid rounds for depth but in no way how will there be a DT in the first round who would make a bigger impact then ogle tree for us. You claim the MLB class is weak but that's false, the only reason ogle tree is going late first is off field issues. He's a 10-20 talent but smoked weed. I think he's matured and warrants a late first slot. I realize elway may be turned off by his off field issues but fox might make a push for him because he knows lbs and talent at lb when he sees it. At our draft position bpa and need match up wonderfully . We can have our franchise MLB right here boys

g6matty
12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't be mad with a center pick but I don't see it's impact being greater then ogle tree .my philosophy is manning will mask every defect on offense. Aside from our ****ty depth at WR, that we need to stack talent on defense. Defense defense defense , and manning will take us there. I also like matt Elam at our pitch he's a physical playmaker at ss

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't be mad with a center pick but I don't see it's impact being greater then ogle tree .my philosophy is manning will mask every defect on offense. Aside from our ****ty depth at WR, that we need to stack talent on defense. Defense defense defense , and manning will take us there. I also like matt Elam at our pitch he's a physical playmaker at ss

what happened to the WR the Broncos signed out of Arizona State (IIRC)?

Lestat
12-08-2012, 09:21 PM
i like Bostic and hopefully we can snag him in the 2nd. though i guess he could sneak up boards and go between 24-32.
Ogletree is a nice athlete but i don't know if he would be used properly in this D due to him needing seasoning and being a lighter LB than normally preferred by Del Rio.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 09:22 PM

Cardinals practice squad, though he did get suspended for 4 games back in september for PED violation.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 09:24 PM

He's on Arizona. I'm leading the sign Austin Collie movement.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 09:28 PM
i like Bostic and hopefully we can snag him in the 2nd. though i guess he could sneak up boards and go between 24-32.
Ogletree is a nice athlete but i don't know if he would be used properly in this D due to him needing seasoning and being a lighter LB than normally preferred by Del Rio.

Were light across the board and posluSzny was 6'1 240 in jacksonville. Ogletree is fine for del rio and fox. Hes just their type

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 09:28 PM

yep, makes a lot of sense.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Great discussion tonight guys. I love talking draft and ofseason more than anything. I wish we would do it more often , draft forum is dead on this sight and broncos forum is terrible insight its a lot of lonestars

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Wrong Austin :)

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 09:35 PM

I agree with a heavy defensive focused draft. But realize that Carter is out for the year, that was the starting SS. Hunter is out that was the starting strong side DE. That moves Adams to third safety, Wolfe inside next to big Vick. With Ayers as a back-up at SDE. The depth is really starting to shape up nice on D.

MLB and DT depth are still necessary.. But if Ogaltree and Te'o maybe even Mosley are gone.. Then you think another need.. If you choose to follow your logic about not taking a DT, then you have RB, WR and interior OL.. I believe in drafting for value, so I wouldn't take a RB or slot WR early.. Which leaves by default...interior OL..

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Wrong Austin :)

A first rounder for a slot WR..? Like the kids skill set but not that high.

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 09:41 PM

Same mold as Harvin. He can play a number of positions besides slot man.

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I have no problem with the Broncos moving up in the first to get an impact player. I'm not talking about trading the farm, I'm talking about moving from 32 to mid teens to get an impact guy on defense. As for the oline, I really think much depends on how the Broncos see Walton and Blake panning out. The Broncos were oh so close to getting DeCosta and that would have been fantastic. I guess they may just go with BPA regardless in the first round and that may very well be oline.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I agree with a heavy defensive focused draft. But realize that Carter is out for the year, that was the starting SS. Hunter is out that was the starting strong side DE. That moves Adams to third safety, Wolfe inside next to big Vick. With Ayers as a back-up at SDE. The depth is really starting to shape up nice on D.

MLB and DT depth are still necessary.. But if Ogaltree and Te'o maybe even Mosley are gone.. Then you think another need.. If you choose to follow your logic about not taking a DT, then you have RB, WR and interior OL.. I believe in drafting for value, so I wouldn't take a RB or slot WR early.. Which leaves by default...interior OL..

In this scenario oline makes sence, i could also see us trading back some

lonestar
12-08-2012, 09:49 PM
**** u lone star plain n simple ur a b****

As I said you are easy.

I might add no class, name calling really accomplishes nothing .

Just makes you look like a tool.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Same mold as Harvin. He can play a number of positions besides slot man.

Yeah he's talented.. I just don't believe in first round WRs unless it's top of the draft elite WRs..

Collie has played with Manning and is dynamic when healthy.. I like Dennard Robinson as a project Slot WR, he will only cost a mid round draft pick too.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 09:53 PM
As I said you are easy.

I might add no class, name calling really accomplishes nothing .

Just makes you look like a tool.

No body likes you dude you pretend to b smart because youre the grammar nd spelling police youre just a clown. Do you have facebook or pictures of yourself , you definately pull no bitches other then the ones you pay for. You have no personality and a dry sense of humor . I find it hard to believe you have a life or friends

razorwire77
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm all for BPA with first 2 picks and then you can look at need the rest of the way. I still think we need a DT, would love to get another Safety (I think Moore is coming along well but we can upgrade Adams for sure). Would love to get another LG as well.

Agree about BPA. One thing that's great is that most of Denver's positions of need should be areas where you can get some talented players picking in the 20's-30's and 55-64. It's not like they're trying to find a franchise QB, LT, or a 3-4 Nose.

Denver could conceivably go WR (upgrade the # 2) with a more physical, bigger receiver and move Decker to the slot (possible 1st rounder).

If you get a run on teams reaching at the QB position for players like Landry Jones (in the teens or 20's), Denver could snag a top tier C or G in the bottom of the 1st round.

They could try to upgrade TE (probably in 2nd or 3rd round) with more of a play maker.

They need a bell cow back (end of the 2nd or 3rd round).

Defensively, you could upgrade S or MLB at the end of the 1st round.

Lot's of ways to upgrade the team without having to move up or down.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I hope you are right, I just don't know about DJ but perhaps that was more due to Shanny's inability to find and stick with a good DC than anything else. DJ is NOT a leader, that's for damn sure.

Brooking is a vocal leader, that is why he's so valuable. What makes anyone think that DJ will all of a sudden be a vocal leader, making sure the other players are in position? I'm just not seeing it.

I believe you are correct. Why everyone loves DJ the dumb ass is beyond me..

Everyone making excuses for him.
He is a great athlete just dumber than a box of rocks. Which is just the opposite of what the Johns are looking for on the team. Topping it off is he is getting long in the tooth, is scheduled to make 7.7mil next year, has proved himself not to be the character and leader that that have been going after since walking thru the door. If he was a super,star LB perhaps but WW has taken his spot for a heck of a lot less money. He has proved already he is not the MIKE that JDR would like to have someone that calls the defenses and makes changes if he has to.

JDR will not half ass it unless there is no other option.

DT has been getting as many snaps as dj is. He is auditioning for a spot next year dj IMO is getting reps to increase his trade value.

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Yeah he's talented.. I just don't believe in first round WRs unless it's top of the draft elite WRs..

Collie has played with Manning and is dynamic when healthy.. I like Dennard Robinson as a project Slot WR, he will only cost a mid round draft pick too.

Austin Collie is injury prone and not worth the risk. Robinson? Are you nuts? You keep saying Denver needs to take advantage of Manning and surround him with talent. Robinson would be a project that might not develop. Collie will be on IR before training camp. Tavon gives Manning a sick weapon. Can line up at RB and stretch the field better then Thomas. Manning with Tavon would be a DC's worst nightmare.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Were light across the board and posluSzny was 6'1 240 in jacksonville. Ogletree is fine for del rio and fox. Hes just their type

Fox usually has a MLB the size of Ogletree but Del Rio normally had a guy the size Joe Mays or close to it(245-248).
Ogletree is 233-236 but it's a light 233-236 because his frame isn't really filled out due to starting as a safety.
he's a freakish athlete no doubt but i don't see him as a guy that Del Rio would be seeking as his MLB. OLB? sure, he fits with Woodyard,Trevathan & even Irving.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
No body likes you dude you pretend to b smart because youre the grammar nd spelling police youre just a clown. Do you have facebook or pictures of yourself , you definately pull no b****es other then the ones you pay for. You have no personality and a dry sense of humor . I find it hard to believe you have a life or friends

Ah the no one likes you routine, does it look like i care?
as far as being the grammar cop, hardly I stopped worrying about that years ago.

Facebook ahahahahaha that isa bigger waste of time than football forums and I have a life besides worrying about whether other folks think my FB site is wonderful. You kiddies can play there, not worth my time.

Why are you so worried about what I look like? I could care less what you do.

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Fox usually has a MLB the size of Ogletree but Del Rio normally had a guy the size Joe Mays or close to it(245-248).
Ogletree is 233-236 but it's a light 233-236 because his frame isn't really filled out due to starting as a safety.
he's a freakish athlete no doubt but i don't see him as a guy that Del Rio would be seeking as his MLB. OLB? sure, he fits with Woodyard,Trevathan & even Irving.

With the way TEs are developing in the NFL (see Gronkowski) a tall MLB with long arms and speed just makes sense. This is why I find Ogletree appealing. This is why I'd also not have a problem if the Broncos traded up into the middle of the first to get him, because he is an athletic freak and I assume (as others have said here) that he has long arms which definitely helps.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 10:09 PM
if we're taking a WR in the top 2 rounds it better be either Allen,Williams,Hopkins or Hunter.
Austin is a nice weapon but he's 5-9ish and 175 lbs(if that). he's dynamic for sure but in the first or top of the 2nd with his size makes no sense for the Broncos.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Austin Collie is injury prone and not worth the risk. Robinson? Are you nuts? You keep saying Denver needs to take advantage of Manning and surround him with talent. Robinson would be a project that might not develop. Collie will be on IR before training camp. Tavon gives Manning a sick weapon. Can line up at RB and stretch the field better then Thomas. Manning with Tavon would be a DC's worst nightmare.

Austin Collie is worth the risk because of what he is when he's healthy, his familiarity with PM, and the low risk high reward upside of his realistic contract. Sure Robinson could bust, but he is electric with the ball in his hands more so than your boy Austin. I'm not knocking you or your opinion, I just believe in draft value..

razorwire77
12-08-2012, 10:14 PM
if we're taking a WR in the top 2 rounds it better be either Allen,Williams,Hopkins or Hunter.
Austin is a nice weapon but he's 5-9ish and 175 lbs(if that). he's dynamic for sure but in the first or top of the 2nd with his size makes no sense for the Broncos.

Allen would be an outstanding 2nd receiver. Big, fluid in space, runs decent routes, good hands. Demaryius and Allen on the outside would be beastly. No way he's there at 25-32 though.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 10:15 PM
With the way TEs are developing in the NFL (see Gronkowski) a tall MLB with long arms and speed just makes sense. This is why I find Ogletree appealing. This is why I'd also not have a problem if the Broncos traded up into the middle of the first to get him, because he is an athletic freak and I assume (as others have said here) that he has long arms which definitely helps.

i have no issue with Ogletree as a player. would love to have him, i just don't know that he would be a good fit with this D in terms what i've seen in the past from Del Rio.

heck he easily has the most potential of any MLB prospect in this draft and his ceiling is a pro bowl player at worst, i think he's a Jon Beason or Lawrence Timmons type.
Bostic would seem to be more of a MLB fit for us depending on where the D is going and likely will be a 2nd round type instead of first.

lonestar

Which we need like teats an boar. Good post/rebuttal.

g6matty
Ah the no one likes you routine, does it look like i care?
as far as being the grammar cop, hardly I stopped worrying about that years ago.

Facebook ahahahahaha that isa bigger waste of time than football forums and I have a life besides worrying about whether other folks think my FB site is wonderful. You kiddies can play there, not worth my time.

Why are you so worried about what I look like? I could care less what you do.

You already know im swagged out im the flyest motha****er where ever i go you can tell tht by the way i carry myself thats why you have no intrest in viewing my pix.

I already know youre the loser at the mall with his high shorts and cheap button down t shirt tucked in. I was taught to respect my elders but there is nothing i respect about your old ass, in all honesty id slap the teeth down your throat if i could i really hate you

Lestat
12-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Allen would be an outstanding 2nd receiver. Big, fluid in space, runs decent routes, good hands. Demaryius and Allen on the outside would be beastly. No way he's there at 25-32 though.

hey, we can trade up from #32 with a player like him on the board.
he's seen as the 2nd WR off the board right now with Williams going first but i could see him surpassing Williams once scouts realize just how bad his QB was the past few season(Maynard may be his brother but good lord was he terrible this past season)

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Austin Collie is worth the risk because of what he is when he's healthy, his familiarity with PM, and the low risk high reward upside of his realistic contract. Sure Robinson could bust, but he is electric with the ball in his hands more so than your boy Austin. I'm not knocking you or your opinion, I just believe in draft value..

Its also about getting players that can play. Do you really want to waste anymore of Mannings years left on chances?

Lestat
12-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Which we need like teats an boar. Good post/rebuttal.

well if Ogletree did fail at MLB he could be moved to DJ's spot and people who hate him would finally get their wish to get rid of him.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Im glad everyone is on board with my selection of ogletree we all seem to agree hes a nice fit in our scheme and what this defense needs.

Where is everyone leaning towards in the second round if we go defense ( MLB ) in the first. I know i said defense defense defense but i like joseph randle in the 2nd a dynmic speedster with better size and all around everydown back more than hillman is. We have knoshon and mcgahee to pound the rock we could cut ball and rock out with these 4 very nicely

Lestat
12-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Its also about getting players that can play. Do you really want to waste anymore of Mannings years left on chances?

depend on how his arm/elbow heals(he has nerve damage in it from injuries suffered this season)Robinson would be a great draft pick for the future in the 2nd or 3rd. you can develop him as a weapon and turn him into a Harvin type but that's going to take 2-3 years at least before you can utilize him.

it would be great for Brock, not so much for Peyton.
i'm a Michigan fan and would love to see the Broncos grab him but i don't see him making a big transition to slot/weapon in year one.
he's electrifying with the ball in his hands but he's a risk.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Does any one have a link to this yr coming free agents

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 10:25 PM

No way buddy, you know I want Super Bowls. Austin could get hurt just like Collie.. I just believe talented play makers can be hand and with better value later on.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Does any one have a link to this yr coming free agents

http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 10:32 PM
No way buddy, you know I want Super Bowls. Austin could get hurt just like Collie.. I just believe talented play makers can be hand and with better value later on.

Collie is already broken so I don't see the upside. I already got ripped for wanting to upgrade Matt Willis with a broken down former Colt :)

Austin helps your goal with Manning and Denver's long term goals. I view Austin in the Harvin/Steve Smith mold that can play inside and outside because he plays bigger then he really is.

Bmore Manning
12-08-2012, 10:34 PM
depend on how his arm/elbow heals(he has nerve damage in it from injuries suffered this season)Robinson would be a great draft pick for the future in the 2nd or 3rd. you can develop him as a weapon and turn him into a Harvin type but that's going to take 2-3 years at least before you can utilize him.

i'm a Michigan fan and would love to see the Broncos grab him but i don't see him making a big transition to slot/weapon in year one.

Austin would take at least a year to develop as well..

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 10:37 PM
http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/

this is much better link

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 10:38 PM

I know he is a play maker but, we've seen this type of thing before. I would rather have a weapon like Austin now instead of hoping said player develops into that weapon.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Im glad everyone is on board with my selection of ogletree we all seem to agree hes a nice fit in our scheme and what this defense needs.

Where is everyone leaning towards in the second round if we go defense ( MLB ) in the first. I know i said defense defense defense but i like joseph randle in the 2nd a dynmic speedster with better size and all around everydown back more than hillman is. We have knoshon and mcgahee to pound the rock we could cut ball and rock out with these 4 very nicely

depends on how the draft shakes out.
but right now if Barrett Jones and Robert Lester were our first two picks i'd take it and run. shores up the inside of the OL and then gives us a starting SS. i know Carter looked good when he was healthy but he will take two years to fully come back from his injury.

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 10:42 PM

I disagree, still 1 year is better then 2 or 3 when Manning has at most 4 years left.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 10:43 PM

true, but he's a slot and RB weapon already. Robinson has to learn it.
Robinson's upside is much higher though.
that said, Manning would help out a lot with either one. look at how much DT & Decker have improved in route running.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Jared cook is a free agent next year if we werent loaded at TE id love him. Lagerette blount and chris ovory at RB would be nice . Amendola collie resign stoke Jerome simpson gibson and andrew hawkins . All guys we could use. We need to resign some of our DTs and then maybe kick the tires on the busts out of lsu ellis And dorsey. Theyre out of position and maybe a scheme switch could do them well. Winning franchise could boost their incetive to play hard and for purpose, . I like our linebacker depth also secondary depth. Will need carter and harris back and find a replacement for porter. Is that bolden? I dont know maybe draft one in mid rounds. Hopefully carter comes back nicely again resign bruton replace adams maybe? I like carter at SS and moore at free. Our defense is so young i love it. I want these guys to stick together and keep drafting defense.

These are guys i like generally i realise were crowded at rb but i like those two. We need an upgrade at 1 inside and 1 outside reciever respectivly . Mix and match any two of my group nd that would be nice. Im also for drafting an impact offensive player in the second at WR ala kenny stills d andre hopkins

lonestar
12-08-2012, 11:49 PM
well if Ogletree did fail at MLB he could be moved to DJ's spot and people who hate him would finally get their wish to get rid of him.

You mean on the bench? That is the only spot dj has?

He is gone after this season anyway.

pricejj
12-09-2012, 03:02 AM
. Ogletree is fine for del rio and fox. Hes just their type

I hate to break your heart G6...Ogletree is not what you think he is.
1. Ogletree plays too high, has horrible tackling technique, and gets manhandled frequently on blocks
2. Ogletree has way too many false steps, often misdiagnosing plays, and getting completely turned around
3. Ogletree has good sideline-to-sideline speed, and likes to hit people, showing good raw ability, but does not fight through traffic for tackles.
4. Alec Ogletree is NOT a 4-3 MLB. He reminds me a lot of Boss Bailey.

Put it this way...Tavon Austin is a bit faster and more electric than Kendall Wright (drafted #20 overall 2012)... Austin is shiftier, and just as fast as Percy Harvin (drafted #20 overall 2009). Austin is a top 20 pick.

cutthemdown
12-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Jared cook is a free agent next year if we werent loaded at TE id love him. Lagerette blount and chris ovory at RB would be nice . Amendola collie resign stoke Jerome simpson gibson and andrew hawkins . All guys we could use. We need to resign some of our DTs and then maybe kick the tires on the busts out of lsu ellis And dorsey. Theyre out of position and maybe a scheme switch could do them well. Winning franchise could boost their incetive to play hard and for purpose, . I like our linebacker depth also secondary depth. Will need carter and harris back and find a replacement for porter. Is that bolden? I dont know maybe draft one in mid rounds. Hopefully carter comes back nicely again resign bruton replace adams maybe? I like carter at SS and moore at free. Our defense is so young i love it. I want these guys to stick together and keep drafting defense.

These are guys i like generally i realise were crowded at rb but i like those two. We need an upgrade at 1 inside and 1 outside reciever respectivly . Mix and match any two of my group nd that would be nice. Im also for drafting an impact offensive player in the second at WR ala kenny stills d andre hopkins

Broncos won't do much in FA next yr. Maybe some depth players and a 3rd WR, vet RB possibly. People have to realize Manning getting a boatload and we have to resign Clady. Getting Clady in the fold will probably be the main goal of the offseason. That and draft prep.

Bmore Manning
12-09-2012, 07:03 AM
1. Ogletree plays too high, has horrible tackling technique, and gets manhandled frequently on blocks
2. Ogletree has way too many false steps, often misdiagnosing plays, and getting completely turned around
3. Ogletree has good sideline-to-sideline speed, and likes to hit people, showing good raw ability, but does not fight through traffic for tackles.

Put it this way...Tavon Austin is a bit faster and more electric than Kendall Wright (drafted #20 overall 2012)... Austin is shiftier, and just as fast as Percy Harvin (drafted #20 overall 2009). Austin is a top 20 pick.

I would rather have Collie from free agency and Robinson in the draft using a mid round pick, then MOVING up for Austin.

g6matty
12-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Jj maybe he's not the best run defender right now but I've been beating his drum for his coverage ability . If his worst problem is false steps and play diagnosing that's nothing I'm overly concerned with, nfl coaching he can fix that. You can't coach size and speed the rest will fall into place .

@ cut I agree with most you said but I was posting guys I liked generally. I don't think the FO will target any of those guys honestly but I like them

I've also heard ogletree draw the Lawrence Timmons comparison , that's good enough for me jj ! :D

Bmore Manning
12-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Broncos won't do much in FA next yr. Maybe some depth players and a 3rd WR, vet RB possibly. People have to realize Manning getting a boatload and we have to resign Clady. Getting Clady in the fold will probably be the main goal of the offseason. That and draft prep.

This is my thought as well.. I'm hoping Collie and a veteran DT.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 08:29 AM
I would rather have Collie from free agency and Robinson in the draft using a mid round pick, then MOVING up for Austin.

I doubt we have to move up for Austin. Also what other WR do you want to replace Collie with when he goes down and to play because Robinson won't be ready?

Rock Chalk
12-09-2012, 08:41 AM
There is not a player at the collegiate level right now worth selling the farm to get.

The choices for Heisman this year just proves it. Weakest Heisman finalists that I can ever remember.

elsid13
12-09-2012, 08:46 AM
He is nice ILB but he is not what this team needs. Denver needs another space eater up front so they can be more effective in hybrid fronts they are playing.

Bmore Manning
12-09-2012, 08:52 AM
I doubt we have to move up for Austin. Also what other WR do you want to replace Collie with when he goes down and to play because Robinson won't be ready?

Bubba Caldwell would be the 5th receiver option.. You can put Tamme in the slot.. Dennard could play some as well.

Anybody can get hurt, Collie has some bad breaks of players head hunting resulting in concussions.

Bmore Manning
12-09-2012, 08:59 AM

Austin is currently projected at pick #26.. That's before Bowl games and the combine. Do you see Austin outside or in the slot?

*If you posted in my draft thread, I could better understand your vision of the offseason and the draft, to see how we can get better..

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Bubba Caldwell would be the 5th receiver option.. You can put Tamme in the slot.. Dennard could play some as well.

Anybody can get hurt, Collie has some bad breaks of players head hunting resulting in concussions.

Caldwell? He is about worthless. I know anyone can get hurt. That doesn't mean that Collie is suddenly going to stop getting hurt anymore.

It's not just about the slot, it is about creating miss matches. When Denver goes no huddle Manning can bring Austin over and give him the ball as a RB and take advantage of what the D gives him.
Austin is currently projected at pick #26.. That's before Bowl games and the combine. Do you see Austin outside or in the slot?

*If you posted in my draft thread, I could better understand your vision of the offseason and the draft, to see how we can get better..

I already said I think Tavon Austin can play outside or inside just like what Harvin brings to the Vikings. I would rather move Decker into slot more often though. I think he would be better suited for it after reading what people have to say about him on here. Still you can move Decker or Austin around to create match up nightmares.

Bigdawg26
12-09-2012, 09:09 AM

Yeah I agree. I saw alot of the UGA games and it seems like all those guys on UGA's defense is overrated. Alot of physical attributes but little production. I like Minter coming out of LSU as a MLB. He's a tackling machine that can shed blocks.

Bmore Manning
12-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Caldwell? He is about worthless. I know anyone can get hurt. That doesn't mean that Collie is suddenly going to stop getting hurt anymore.

It's not just about the slot, it is about creating miss matches. When Denver goes no huddle Manning can bring Austin over and give him the ball as a RB and take advantage of what the D gives him.

I already said I think Tavon Austin can play outside or inside just like what Harvin brings to the Vikings. I would rather move Decker into slot more often though. I think he would be better suited for it after reading what people have to say about him on here. Still you can move Decker or Austin around to create match up nightmares.

If your moving Decker to the slot, which I think would better suit him, then I understand Austin as a first round pick. But I believe Collie is such a low risk high reward move, that I would like. Especially with that familiarity he has with Manning. Robinson is a raw version of Austin, but I think Robinson has more upside and can be polished quickly under Manning.

Again I'm curious what your plan is to improve the team if you go WR in 1.
MLB, G/C, DT, RB are still need areas, and the G/C position is top heavy in the draft..

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 09:54 AM
If your moving Decker to the slot, which I think would better suit him, then I understand Austin as a first round pick. But I believe Collie is such a low risk high reward move, that I would like. Especially with that familiarity he has with Manning. Robinson is a raw version of Austin, but I think Robinson has more upside and can be polished quickly under Manning.

Again I'm curious what your plan is to improve the team if you go WR in 1.
MLB, G/C, DT, RB are still need areas, and the G/C position is top heavy in the draft..
No way does Robinson have more upside. He might have more value because if he reaches Tavon level he wouldn't be as high of a pick other then that he isn't going to be better then Austin.
Steven Jackson and Brian Urlacher would be my plan for FA. You still can get G/C and DT in 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 09:58 AM
I would go either CB or MLB with the 1st rounder depending on the talent available and as long as it's not a reach at either of those positions. Then go WR, G/C, RB and DT. Think we are solid across the DL. Can we get better there? Sure! But is not a huge need like we though it should.

And since we are talking about Manti Teo... I would take Carolina's Kuechly over him anyday of the week.

Tombstone RJ
12-09-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't see Urlacher leaving the bears. I wouldn't mind Jackson, but I don't think Urlacher has much left in the tank.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't see Urlacher leaving the bears. I wouldn't mind Jackson, but I don't think Urlacher has much left in the tank.

I don't think he stays. No way will he ever win a ring there.

Requiem
12-09-2012, 10:04 AM
A lot of interesting, electric WR's that could be great for this offense, but I would rather not spend our first round selection on a guy who probably won't have a large impact his first year on the roster. I think there are other positions, especially on the defensive side of the ball where we can get a quality player who will contribute in a large way from day one on the team. Not even sure if we grab a WR @ 1 that he is going to start right away. You only do it if you think he can.

Bmore Manning
12-09-2012, 10:24 AM
A lot of interesting, electric WR's that could be great for this offense, but I would rather not spend our first round selection on a guy who probably won't have a large impact his first year on the roster. I think there are other positions, especially on the defensive side of the ball where we can get a quality player who will contribute in a large way from day one on the team. Not even sure if we grab a WR @ 1 that he is going to start right away. You only do it if you think he can.

This is how I tend to view it as well. Unless Austin is going to play outside and be a day one starter. I'd rather take Jones to bolster the interior OLine. And then get value at MLB, RB, WR and DT..

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 10:42 AM
This is how I tend to view it as well. Unless Austin is going to play outside and be a day one starter. I'd rather take Jones to bolster the interior OLine. And then get value at MLB, RB, WR and DT..

I'm not worried about RB at all. History has shown you can get a good RB in any round of any draft. You have already said this draft is deep with interior line help so why go that route in the first round. MLB is a issue but, as most of us have come to agree we won't find an elite MLB in the first round of this draft, that is if we don't trade up for Teo. That leaves DT and WR as the two top logical choices for the first round. History is against both choices as positions of day one impact. I'm going to go after the guy that can give us the most bang for his abilities and that is Austin due to his ability to play multiple positions at any given time. I would much prefer a game ready vet at DT anyways like Starks, Hill, Melton, or a guy that our DC know all to well in Terrance Knighton who is a pretty good young run stopping DT

Bronco Yoda
12-09-2012, 10:58 AM
MLB,OG,DT,RB (big)

Bmore Manning
12-09-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm not worried about RB at all. History has shown you can get a good RB in any round of any draft. You have already said this draft is deep with interior line help so why go that route in the first round. MLB is a issue but, as most of us have come to agree we won't find an elite MLB in the first round of this draft, that is if we don't trade up for Teo. That leaves DT and WR as the two top logical choices for the first round. History is against both choices as positions of day one impact. I'm going to go after the guy that can give us the most bang for his abilities and that is Austin due to his ability to play multiple positions at any given time. I would much prefer a game ready vet at DT anyways like Starks, Hill, Melton, or a guy that our DC know all to well in Terrance Knighton who is a pretty good young run stopping DT

Interior OLine is top heavy and weak, and I think Jones starts at center day one which is more impact full then a rookie WR. I would like a vet and rookie drafted DT, that's where the draft is deep this year. We agree on much of the same.. Need DTs, a MLB isn't good value day one based on who will be there, need a dynamic play maker at WR, and interior OLine. But I take Jones over Austin anyday. He starts at Center and really solidifies the OLine, anything less is another Blake.

2KBack
12-09-2012, 12:47 PM

I think we need a safety more than another WR.

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Te'o is going to be a Charger

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 03:14 PM

If that happens the constant Seau comparisons are going to get old fast...

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 03:19 PM

How are you guys going to get a head of Oakland in the draft?

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Seems to me some good safeties will be there in the 2nd round.

oubronco
12-09-2012, 03:26 PM

And we need a fast, hard hitting MLB that can cover more than a Safety

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 03:36 PM
If that happens the constant Seau comparisons are going to get old fast...

Who cares. Not me.

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 03:38 PM

We still have to play them. They could beat us and then there is this thing called trading up. Te'o in the first and OL the next two or three rounds. Who knows seems many 4-8 teams won today so we didn't lose much ground. Oakland may Draft a QB anyways since they never play Pryor.

broncogary
12-09-2012, 03:51 PM

I thought the raiders traded next year's first for Palmer.

Requiem
12-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I thought the raiders traded next year's first for Palmer.

Last years first (used on Dre Kirkpatrick) and their second rounder this year.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 03:56 PM
We still have to play them. They could beat us and then there is this thing called trading up. Te'o in the first and I'll the next two or three rounds. Who knows seems many 4-8 teams won today so we didn't lose much ground. Oakland may Draft a QB anyways since they never play Pryor.

Oakland is dumping McClain and will need a MLB more then QB. You saw what it cost the Skins to move to the 2nd pick last year didn't you? It will not be cheap to jump the Raiders by any means.

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Oakland is dumping McClain and will need a MLB more then QB. You saw what it cost the Skins to move to the 2nd pick last year didn't you? It will not be cheap to jump the Raiders by any means.

We'll see. If they were going to dump him, they would of instead of just suspend him. They could also trade him.
I dont think we will have to move up to #2 to get Te'o. Before today we were picking 6th and some 4-8 teams won today as well.

Arizona lost and they need a QB unless they stick with Kolb and they were 4-8 but Cleveland won, ...who beat us, the Jets have won 2 straight and behind us now, Philly won but Tennesee lost. We are still in the top 10. Probably around 7...maybe 8 now.
God forbid we lose to Oakland but it could happen and if we do...they are probably the only team we will beat the next three games. Their DL is pretty good, always plays us tough and our OL though looked ok today...could get steamrolled by them if they come to play.

You never know. We stink this year and have NEVER won IN Pittsburgh but did today.
And if we dont get Te'o....thats fine as long as they get some good OL in the top rounds. That is a huge need. Te'o would just replace Spikes who probably wont be back.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 06:08 PM
We'll see. If they were going to dump him, they would of instead of just suspend him. They could also trade him.
I dont think we will have to move up to #2 to get Te'o. Before today we were picking 6th and some 4-8 teams won today as well.

Arizona lost and they need a QB unless they stick with Kolb and they were 4-8 but Cleveland won, ...who beat us, the Jets have won 2 straight and behind us now, Philly won but Tennesee lost. We are still in the top 10. Probably around 7...maybe 8 now.
God forbid we lose to Oakland but it could happen and if we do...they are probably the only team we will beat the next three games. Their DL is pretty good, always plays us tough and our OL though looked ok today...could get steamrolled by them if they come to play.

You never know. We stink this year and have NEVER won IN Pittsburgh but did today.
You would have to move past Oakland and right now aren't they number 3?

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
You would have to move past Oakland and right now aren't they number 3?

Dont know where they are...top 5 anyways. KC is #1, Jax is #2 ...im sure they are there someplace at #3 or #4 but who knows what they will draft. They need help everywhere which is funny considering they have picked in the top 10 for ten years now.

There are some real good OT's and OG's coming out in this draft as well and we need both.

Lestat
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
i don't see how drafting Austin would force or allow us to move Decker to slot. Austin is too small to be a legit outside WR on a heavy basis.
if you move him around, use him at slot and shift him out of the backfield you can maximize his match up potential. he's just not strong or physical enough for outside.

if the idea is to move Decker to slot then a Allen,Williams or Hunter would be ideal for that. maybe you can get away with Robert Woods but he's a little small for a pure outside WR.

TheReverend
12-09-2012, 07:02 PM
I think Teo gets overscouted between now and April and slides a lil bit.

It's not completely IMPOSSIBLE that he slides to us at 32 :)

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I think Teo gets overscouted between now and April and slides a lil bit.

It's not completely IMPOSSIBLE that he slides to us at 32 :)

He wont slide to you at #26 either.

TheReverend
12-09-2012, 07:35 PM
He wont slide to you at #26 either.

That's fine since you'll never get a real coach.

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
That's fine since you'll never get a real coach.

No, never. Nobody good is interested in coaching in San Diego :kiddingme

TheReverend
12-09-2012, 08:16 PM

Excited for your Dennis Allen.

Lestat
12-09-2012, 08:21 PM

hasn't happened in years, don't see that changing any time soon.
it's going to take a complete revamp from the ground up. not sure Spanos will do that.

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
it's going to take a complete revamp from the ground up. not sure Spanos will do that.

Sure it has. Marty, Ross was good. Took us to the SB.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Bolt why would you want a MLB over someone that can keep Rivers upright?

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 09:25 PM

::) No it isnt. We already know who the next GM is going to be.

We have had good HC's before and we have some good coaches on the staff now in our DC and ST's coach. Norv is just Norv. A Redskins fan discribed what Norv would to to us the day after he was hired and it has come so true. The only reason Norv had any success is because the roster was loaded when he took over and he slowly took it down the crapper.

We'll see but i expect it will be someone good. Fox isnt exactly one of the greats he just isnt schleprock Norv Turner.

Boltjolt
12-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Bolt why would you want a MLB over someone that can keep Rivers upright?

Te'o is a stud. Need to replace one of our ILB's when Spikes is gone after this season and we dont have one of that caliber to step in. There is no OG worthy of a top 10 pick. Perhaps a OT but they will get plenty of OL the rest of the way. Maybe even pick up a FA.

You cant revamp your OL all from the draft and have all rookies starting. If they can get two starters from the draft and some better vets for depth and or a starter, then great.
The OL was not AJ's forte.