PDA

View Full Version : Manning may need 5th neck surgery?

Bacchus
10-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Anyone else heard these whispers?

But who wants to win by default? Even if the passes still wobble, even if the whisperers say he’ll need a fifth neck surgery, Manning is reminding us that brains win in the NFL.

“He knows how to move the football and who to throw it to,” Norv Turner said. “You don’t get style points in this league for spirals or how hard or far the ball goes. You get points by putting drives together and scoring points.”

Rest of article: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/oct/18/krasovic-without-peyton-afc-west-would-be-snoozevi/

dictionary
10-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Classic change of subject from an entity that wants to spin bad press to someone else.

Bacchus
10-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Classic change of subject from an entity that wants to spin bad press to someone else.

Well, the whole article was thanking Peyton for choosing the AFC West because otherwise it would be a dreadful division..... or more dreadful than it is now.

TheReverend
10-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Think its a hypothetical? Seems like nonsense to me.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-20-2012, 08:04 AM
I've not heard a breath of this. It would have been all over talk radio and the like.

Pendejo
10-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Think its a hypothetical? Seems like nonsense to me.

It's like when Hunter S. Thompson wrote about a rumor that Ed Muskie was addicted to Ibogaine. Of course the Doktor started the rumor, but it still made the rounds and people took it seriously enough.

baja
10-20-2012, 08:20 AM
It's like when Hunter S. Thompson wrote about a rumor that Ed Muskie was addicted to Ibogaine. Of course the Doktor started the rumor, but it still made the rounds and people took it seriously enough.

Now that post dates you. ;D

DENVERDUI55
10-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Sounds like a passive aggressive bitter SD fan. What a garbage article.

SeedReaver
10-20-2012, 08:45 AM
If only McGruder were here - he'd know exactly what the Three Truths were behind this conspiracy when he's finished studying the pyramids to hammer out the proof to the Tebow Effect (little known, btw). Almighty McGruder, please let us know why Tebow is now a punt returner and if Peyton Manning REALLY needs a 5th neck surgery, or just another round of duct tape.

SouthStndJunkie
10-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Looks like an 'innocuous' blurb thrown into an article by a mediocre sportswriter who is hoping someone will notice it and post it around message boards in an attempt to draw attention to one of his articles that nobody would otherwise read.

NFLBRONCO
10-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Translation: The AFC West wishes Manning would need a 5th neck surgery.

Bacchus
10-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Looks like an 'innocuous' blurb thrown into an article by a mediocre sportswriter who is hoping someone will notice it and post it around message boards in an attempt to draw attention to one of his articles that nobody would otherwise read.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrXhS5on--s_H9-6sKbFHVy0y_VNPNGJ9ygTCZ4ATKqLs-rCC-

broncosteven
10-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I was told by my doctor that once you have 1 fusion eventually I will need the verts above and below fused until eventually they will have to fuse the whole thing. I may not live that long but know 2 people who started with one level fusions who have since had their entire spine fused, rodded and screwed together.

Once one disk gets out of wack the others fall like domino's but slower because everything is out of alignment.

baja
10-20-2012, 09:40 AM

Let's start a rumor about a plan to attach Manning's head on a younger more athletic body and he plans on playing another 15 years.

swaiy
10-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I was told by my doctor that once you have 1 fusion eventually I will need the verts above and below fused until eventually they will have to fuse the whole thing. I may not live that long but know 2 people who started with one level fusions who have since had their entire spine fused, rodded and screwed together.

Once one disk gets out of wack the others fall like domino's but slower because everything is out of alignment.

Guess it all depends on what you have fused. I cant imagine being as old as Peyton (or you lol) and having that procedure.

I got fused from T1 to L3 with 2 titanium rods and 26 titanium screws.

swaiy
10-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Is this what it takes to be a journalist? A computer and the ability to make up crap?

Kaylore
10-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Manning's arm strength is getting better, not worse. The neck surgeries were begun as manning's nerve damage eroded his arm strength.

Taco John
10-20-2012, 10:14 AM

What about those rumors about the Studebaker? They said it would replace horse and buggy someday!

TheReverend
10-20-2012, 10:18 AM

Going to do this in my next write-up. Also going to write 6 pages about Tebow.

SurefireViralCampaign/10

Dean
10-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Is this what it takes to be a journalist? A computer and the ability to make up crap?

If he has those two things he could post on a message board as well.;D

swaiy
10-20-2012, 10:57 AM
If he has those two things he could post on a message board as well.;D

This is very true lol

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-20-2012, 11:28 AM

irony much ?LOL

DENVERDUI55
10-20-2012, 12:02 PM
It's funny that people act like 35 is steps away from social security checks, rest homes and wheelchairs.

KipCorrington25
10-20-2012, 12:11 PM
If this is true somebody on the light rail will know for sure.

swaiy
10-20-2012, 12:37 PM
I heard Peyton's agent contacted AARP about possible coverage.

baja
10-20-2012, 01:14 PM
irony much ?LOL

So where do you see the irony.

Bacchus
10-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Well, I just did a google search on it and the only thing I can find about this surgery is from the Orangemane!! LOL

So these whispers that guy was hearing are very soft.

lonestar
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Guess it all depends on what you have fused. I cant imagine being as old as Peyton (or you lol) and having that procedure.

I got fused from T1 to L3 with 2 titanium rods and 26 titanium screws.

that explains a lot..

probably not wise to go out in thunderstorms..

swaiy
10-20-2012, 01:42 PM
that explains a lot..

probably not wise to go out in thunderstorms..

I do fine in thunderstorms... Its the damn TSA that gives me trouble when i need to travel.

Complete pandemonium every time I fly. Ive gotten to the point where i say screw the paperwork and show them my scar.

TheReverend
10-20-2012, 01:47 PM
I do fine in thunderstorms... Its the damn TSA that gives me trouble when i need to travel.

Complete pandemonium every time I fly. Ive gotten to the point where i say screw the paperwork and show them my scar.

What happened to you?

swaiy
10-20-2012, 02:03 PM
What happened to you?

Good old scoliosis. It got picked up in one of those screenings they do in school so I went to the doctor for follow up xrays which showed I did in fact have a curved spine. This was when I was 12. As i hit growth spurts it got worse so i had stainless steel rods put in at 15. Hit another growth spurt and my spine curve where the rods stopped so they took them out and put in longer titanium rods at 16.

****ty times as a teenager.

menonite
10-20-2012, 02:17 PM
I bet you were popular with the girls in high school. "Once you go hunchback, you never go back."

swaiy
10-20-2012, 02:33 PM
I bet you were popular with the girls in high school. "Once you go hunchback, you never go back."

Not exactly lol. It was a serpentine curve. Much better the hunchback. Now i get to have perfect posture whether i want to or not!

baja
10-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Good old scoliosis. It got picked up in one of those screenings they do in school so I went to the doctor for follow up xrays which showed I did in fact have a curved spine. This was when I was 12. As i hit growth spurts it got worse so i had stainless steel rods put in at 15. Hit another growth spurt and my spine curve where the rods stopped so they took them out and put in longer titanium rods at 16.

That's rough man. Are you in pain.

swaiy
10-20-2012, 02:42 PM
That's rough man. Are you in pain.

Nah. To be 25 and skateboarding on a regular basis I'd say Im pretty blessed. I probably wont be saying that in another 10 years though ROFL!

menonite
10-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Not exactly lol. It was a serpentine curve. Much better the hunchback.

That must have been a fun diagnosis.

"So you say you're having troubles with your spine Mr. Swaiy? Do you ever have the sudden urge to ring bells in a French cathedral? No? Hmmmm....have you ever constricted a gerbil or other small woodland creature to death with your torso? Bingo - I think I know what your problem is."

Br0nc0Buster
10-20-2012, 04:22 PM
If there is anyone who has the inside scoop on Manning's health, it is a San Diego beat writer

Bacchus
10-20-2012, 08:21 PM

Wow, that is horrible. How are you now?

KipCorrington25
10-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Here is that dude in high school:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UUfZDmOqoWM/TJ44dMXEOxI/AAAAAAAAABU/uv3czvmfk2o/s1600/joan+cusack.jpg

swaiy
10-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Here is that dude in high school:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UUfZDmOqoWM/TJ44dMXEOxI/AAAAAAAAABU/uv3czvmfk2o/s1600/joan+cusack.jpg

ROFL! T1 TO L3. As in thoracic and lumbar. My back.

baja
10-21-2012, 01:13 AM
http://www.brianjogrady.com/images/spinenerves.jpg

Fused T1 to L3 is a very tough way to live.

You must have to wear loafers. You have my sympathy. Glad you are not in pain.

broncosteven
10-21-2012, 01:58 AM

Any nerve damage?

Mine woke me up again tonight. slept about 90 minutes before I woke up with numb arms and muscles twitching (beyond spasming).

You ok now at least?

BTW I have never had trouble going through a metal detector or at Airports.

swaiy
10-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Any nerve damage?

Mine woke me up again tonight. slept about 90 minutes before I woke up with numb arms and muscles twitching (beyond spasming).

You ok now at least?

BTW I have never had trouble going through a metal detector or at Airports.

In my left arm, there is this random spot on my forearm that is literally numb. I didnt lose any strength but i cant feel anything unless its grabbed. Other than that, i dont have any major damage other than over half the area on my back being numb from being cut in to. It wasnt bad the first time but the second surgery pretty much made my back feel "sleep" heh. Oh yeah, I do have some random muscle twitching in my arms sometimes but not much.

Im good though.

90 minutes of sleep? Thats freakin awful. Did you do any physical therapy after healing up?

swaiy
10-21-2012, 09:41 AM
http://www.brianjogrady.com/images/spinenerves.jpg

Fused T1 to L3 is a very tough way to live.

You must have to wear loafers. You have my sympathy. Glad you are not in pain.

Loafers? :spit:

If these forums are still here in 10 years Ill be sure to provide an update lol. I run and skateboard regularly in my DCs, Vans, Nikes, etc.

10 years from now i might not be singing the same tune haha