PDA

View Full Version : Going to week 15 @ (dreaded) Baltimore

El Guapo
10-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Anyone else going? This may just be our year against them, especially with all of their unfortunate injuries.

Edit:

Darn beer! Week 15!

lonestar
10-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Going to week 12 You might be a few weeks early..

v2micca
10-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Seriously, when was the last time the NFL scheduled a Ravens Broncos game in Denver? Feels like its been almost a decade since we hosted Baltimore. And I hate going there to play.

El Guapo
10-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Going to week 12 You might be a few weeks early..

LOL OOooops! Beer failed me. Week 15 that is. Well now that I have your attention, who is going to this game? A buddy and I are, but I would definitely like to hang with other Broncos fans. We need to stick together for this hated away game.

El Guapo
10-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Seriously, when was the last time the NFL scheduled a Ravens Broncos game in Denver? Feels like its been almost a decade since we hosted Baltimore. And I hate going there to play.

Agreed, but I'm just happy to go to a game. Hopefully we get a win there for once!

cutthemdown
10-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Baltimore may not have a defense left by then. They lose guys left and right. But if Suggs can come back they will still be dangerous.

schaaf
10-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Anyone e see how much of a PorkChop Terrell Suggs has turned into?

menonite
10-20-2012, 12:53 AM
It looks like he's been rehabbing at a Golden Corral.

Bmore Manning
10-20-2012, 06:46 AM
I will be there.

dictionary
10-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Anyone else going? This may just be our year against them, especially with all of their unfortunate injuries.

Edit:

Darn beer! Week 15!

I will be going. I highly recommend joining the Washington DC meetup group for the Broncos Bar. Penn Quarter Sports Tavern will be fronting a bus and refreshments for the trip up. :) http://www.meetup.com/DenverBroncosFanClubDC/

SeedReaver
10-20-2012, 07:42 AM
I've heard Baltimore is a ****hole, competing with Oakland for worst place to exist in the history of mankind. Pass.

dictionary
10-20-2012, 07:57 AM
I've heard Baltimore is a ****hole, competing with Oakland for worst place to exist in the history of mankind. Pass.

Last time I went there for a Broncos game I was looking for the Broncos bus, and wondered through the vast majority of Bmore fans tailgating. They didnt take kindly to opposing fans, oh yeah, and the neighborhoods nearby are not exactly the most reputable.

/wiki The Wire (TV Series)

El Guapo
10-20-2012, 03:01 PM
I will be going. I highly recommend joining the Washington DC meetup group for the Broncos Bar. Penn Quarter Sports Tavern will be fronting a bus and refreshments for the trip up. :) http://www.meetup.com/DenverBroncosFanClubDC/

I went there a couple of weeks ago and it seemed that if you aren't in the "in" crowd then you're not part of the group. Since when are Broncos fans snobby? Only in DC... :loopy:

KipCorrington25
10-20-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm too lazy to research this but why do we play at Balt every year?

El Guapo
10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
To make you miserable.

El Guapo
10-28-2012, 09:13 PM

Went to the bar tonight, it was a good time! Looking forward to week 15 already! GO BRONCOS!

RedskinBronco
10-28-2012, 09:16 PM
I will most likely be going

sportfantic
11-24-2012, 11:51 AM
I would like to go to the game. Does anybody have an extra ticket for a fellow Broncos fan? I am in the preliminary process of planning a trip out there.

baja
11-24-2012, 11:53 AM
You would be better off asking that on a Ravens board but that is going to be one tough ticket.

Inkana7
11-24-2012, 11:53 AM
It'll be tough for sure, especially if our McGahee-less run game has proven to be impotent. But if our defense is still healthy by then (knock on wood) we have a great chance to shut down Ernie Flacco and squeak out a win.

Bmore Manning
11-24-2012, 12:34 PM
I wonder if there is a way to contact the team or someone in public relations so that I can get autographs/pictures..?

Anybody have an idea or know a guy who knows a guy..? Where's Empire Orange.

Broncomutt
11-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Been there. The crowd cheered Mobley's neck injury. Boo'd the prospect that he might not end up a quad. Numerous beers thrown on me.

Have fun.

El Guapo
11-25-2012, 02:24 PM
You just described the entire northeast. I hate it here.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 02:43 PM
It will be a very tough game. Baltimore is so hard to beat at home.

El Guapo
11-30-2012, 02:12 PM
So a co-worker and I are traveling up to the game with a local contingent from DC (~20 superfans). We will be tailgating beforehand so I hope to meet and see you all there. I'll post up more details as I get them, although specifics may have to wait until morning of.

bronco militia
11-30-2012, 02:19 PM
never say never, but the Broncos have never beaten the Ravens in B-more. :cuss:

BroncosSR
11-30-2012, 02:27 PM
I'll be there for sure. Anybody tailgating anywhere?

TD4HOF
11-30-2012, 02:34 PM
never say never, but the Broncos have never beaten the Ravens in B-more. :cuss:

Nevermore. ugh!~ugh!~ugh!~ugh!~ugh!~ugh!~

El Guapo
11-30-2012, 03:00 PM

So a co-worker and I are traveling up to the game with a local contingent from DC (~20 superfans). We will be tailgating beforehand so I hope to meet and see you all there. I'll post up more details as I get them, although specifics may have to wait until morning of.

:thumbs:

Natedogg
11-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Still trying to get my tix. Expensive as fk. Grrr.

OBF1
11-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Funny thing happened the other day.... I am heading to Martinsberg WV for a number of weeks for work tomorrow. I think it is less than an hour drive to Baltimore right?

How hard are tickets to come by? Is it safe there?

WolfpackGuy
11-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Check the Baltimore Craigslist for tickets. I've had good luck with private sellers in 2009, 2010, and this year.

We'll be out bright and early in the Staples/Fastenal lot across Russell Street from the stadium with some Ratbirds fans.

PM me for details/cell if anyone wants to stop by and throw back a few.

Bmore Manning
11-30-2012, 07:25 PM
I guess every Bronco fan I see I'm gonna yell out "bro, OMane?"

Raidersbane
11-30-2012, 08:02 PM
I will be there. Looking forward to finally meeting some of you fine folks.

El Guapo
12-07-2012, 03:23 PM
It's that time! Glad I have tickets to, what could be, our biggest game of the year!!! :strong::bronxrox:

I'll be wearing my orange Sharpe jersey so as to not agitate those pesky Ravens fans toooo much. :D

lonestar
12-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Check the Baltimore Craigslist for tickets. I've had good luck with private sellers in 2009, 2010, and this year.

We'll be out bright and early in the Staples/Fastenal lot across Russell Street from the stadium with some Ratbirds fans.

PM me for details/cell if anyone wants to stop by and throw back a few.

I have heard that counterfeit tickets are rising as the season heats up.

The only ones that are guaranteed are one sold though the NFL sites.

With the advent of high end photo copiers and computers lots of folks are getting burnt and in some cases arrested for trying to use those tickets.

Know you source.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 03:33 PM
I actually think the Broncos could dominate the Ravens.

lonestar
12-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Let me add I went to preseason game in DAL when the broncos played there some years ago. I bought mine through there web site paid aretty penny for them as I was walking from the parking lot some guy was hawking tickets heard the price ( tought i should have done this as they were about 20 less than I paid ) as I walked by him and some folks bought them. They were about four rows in front of where I was setting. I saw the couple come in and be seated, about ten minutes later another two people got into an arguement about the seats, an usher was called and then the police took both couples away. One in cuffs then another couple set down about 15 minutes later rinse and repeat.

Ultimately another guy came in and got them ejected as he had the real tickets. Low and behold about five minutes before the game the guy that was selling them in the parking lot joined him he was loaded with snack food and beers.

Good way to afford stadium food.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Flacco kind of sucks this year. 59%, 15 TD's, 8 INT's.

baja
12-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I actually think the Broncos could dominate the Ravens.

With all their injuries on D so do I. In fact I think there is a good chance they will not make the playoffs.

lonestar
12-07-2012, 08:28 PM
With all their injuries on D so do I. In fact I think there is a good chance they will not make the playoffs.

I think with Lewis coming back as the spiritual leader they could play better than most think.

It is yet another east coast road Trip.. Something we have struggled with overthe years and although we seem to have broken the streak of losing. Not sure I'm quite ready to BELIEVE it will not be back in BAL. a place we never seem to play well or win.

But one can hope.

jerseyguy4
12-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Is it safe there?
I've been there several times over the last 10 years for Colts games. I went both with and without a Colts Jersey.

Contrary to common sentiment, I never had a problem.
- Maybe I was lucky?
- I know I didn't go in like an a'hole, looking for trouble. I was courteous, still cheered for the Colts, and had a good time.
- Lower level seats are always a plus. The higher you go, the drunker fans get. The drunker they get, the more chance for trouble.
- Best not too spend much time solo. The buddy system sounds a little gay, but is worth it.
- Drink (if you drink), but never get wasted.
- When the game ends, get out of dodge.

These rules are true at stadium as an away fan. Being a lifelong Colts fan and living in NJ, I have lived my life as the away fan. Jets, Giants, Philly, Baltimore, though mostly Jets. Never had a problem at any stadium.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 10:06 PM

Whoah

@ Washington
vs. Denver
vs. NYG
@ Cincinnati

Then playoffs? What a gauntlet.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 10:07 PM
I've been there several times over the last 10 years for Colts games. I went both with and without a Colts Jersey.

- Maybe I was lucky?
- I know I didn't go in like an a'hole, looking for trouble. I was courteous, still cheered for the Colts, and had a good time.
- Lower level seats are always a plus. The higher you go, the drunker fans get. The drunker they get, the more chance for trouble.
- Best not too spend much time solo. The buddy system sounds a little gay, but is worth it.

These rules are true at stadium as an away fan. Being a lifelong Colts fan and living in NJ, I have lived my life as the away fan. Jets, Giants, Philly, Baltimore, though mostly Jets. Never had a problem at any stadium.

Sounds like a good formula.

dictionary
12-07-2012, 10:32 PM
It's that time! Glad I have tickets to, what could be, our biggest game of the year!!! :strong::bronxrox:

I'll be wearing my orange Sharpe jersey so as to not agitate those pesky Ravens fans toooo much. :D

I dont know your face, yet I've been at the DC bar for some time. PM me. I know the owner of the DC bar fronting everything for the trip. Im going as well-- :).

Raidersbane
12-12-2012, 08:41 AM

I have been up and down 7th Street countless times and never turned up Indiana but I know right where this place is. Gotta stop in next time I'm by there.:yep:

Dendave
12-12-2012, 09:03 AM

- Maybe I was lucky?

I agree, I have also been to Baltimore and sat in nose bleed and have had no problem what so ever, we tailgated and again had no problem, I believe for the most part fans are fine as long as you don't egg them on

Natedogg
12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Still trying to get tix to this. they're around 100 and falling on stubhub/tick exchange. Still a bit too steep for my broke ass unfortunately.

I was at the last asswhooping in Balt and the fans fked with me a bit. Not terrible, but that was NOT a fun day.

dictionary
12-12-2012, 11:58 AM

Lot J is where the DC Broncos Bar bus will be, I personally guarantee that to be a total tailgating ****show.

FYI: Lot J is for all the Buses.

dictionary
12-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Map: http://prod.static.ravens.clubs.nfl.com/assets/img/game-day/direction-04.gif

RedskinBronco
12-12-2012, 12:57 PM
I'll be there; will try to take pics

Fusionfrontman
12-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Bring a small child. No one messes with you if you had a small child with you. Or an Appache Helicopter.

Went to Balt. two years ago to watch them beat up on the Broncos. Sat high up in the End Zone. No trouble at all though. Just don't egg people on or be obnoxious. Sounds obvious, but some people have a hard time understanding why they are getting beer dumped on them after they just insulted an entire section for 2 plus hours.

RedskinBronco
12-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Bring a small child. No one messes with you if you had a small child with you. Or an Appache Helicopter.

Went to Balt. two years ago to watch them beat up on the Broncos. Sat high up in the End Zone. No trouble at all though. Just don't egg people on or be obnoxious. Sounds obvious, but some people have a hard time understanding why they are getting beer dumped on them after they just insulted an entire section for 2 plus hours.

Well they should look in the mirror. Last Sunday they were as obnoxious as you can get, but then again that's typical of Baltimore fans who have this inferiority complex about their city when it comes to DC.

I'll be there rooting for Denver Destruction. I dare any of those obnoxious ****s to say a peep after last Sunday. They were dead quiet once Cousins converted the 2 points.

**** 'em. They need to look in the mirror before getting all bent out of shape about opposing teams coming into their precious purple stadium.

Patriot 37
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM

I've been to about a dozen away games as a Pats fan. Went to Baltimore for the Sunday night game this year. I'd say the Raven fans are better behaved than most cities fans. Doubt anyone will have a problem.

BroncosSR
12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Lot J is where the DC Broncos Bar bus will be, I personally guarantee that to be a total tailgating ****show.

FYI: Lot J is for all the Buses.

Is this a paid-tailgating event? All Broncos fans welcome? I'm heading down there tomorrow night to stay over.

El Guapo
12-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Is this a paid-tailgating event? All Broncos fans welcome? I'm heading down there tomorrow night to stay over.

We're all bringing something to contribute, including alcohol. Bring some booze, but otherwise we should be good on food (I'm not 100% in the know, although I do know the bus up from DC is now full).

Raidersbane
12-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Guess I'm bringing booze.....

BroncosSR
12-15-2012, 08:16 AM
We're all bringing something to contribute, including alcohol. Bring some booze, but otherwise we should be good on food (I'm not 100% in the know, although I do know the bus up from DC is now full).

Excellent, good deal. Looking forward to Sunday.

Rohirrim
12-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Have the Ratbirds ever been to Denver?

BroncsCheer
12-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Have the Ratbirds ever been to Denver?

There was that god awful game back in the griese days when Elam shorted a field goal at the end of the 2nd and the rat birds returned it for a td.

Shameful memory, that one

BroncosSR
12-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Where's everybody sitting tomorrow? I got Section 151 row 33. Hoping it's covered since it's supposed to rain.

El Guapo
12-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Where's everybody sitting tomorrow? I got Section 151 row 33. Hoping it's covered since it's supposed to rain.

Want some cheese with that whine? This is football! Bring it. :P

El Guapo
12-15-2012, 12:22 PM
There was that god awful game back in the griese days when Elam shorted a field goal at the end of the 2nd and the rat birds returned it for a td.

Shameful memory, that one

I believe that is still in the record books as longest fg attempt returned for a TD. 99 yards? That makes me sick to my stomach to this day.

Raidersbane
12-15-2012, 03:11 PM
I believe that is still in the record books as longest fg attempt returned for a TD. 99 yards? That makes me sick to my stomach to this day.

I wish to thank the participants of this thread for reminding of that nauseating play which I had until now mercifully purged from my memory. Bastards!>:'(>:'(

TomServo
12-16-2012, 01:34 AM
back in the mid 80's the broncos always had to go to chicago, usually in the middle of winter and we always got our butts whooped. we finally did get a MNF against the mcmahon qb'd and singletary led D in denver and we kicked the awesome chicago D in the butt.

El Guapo
12-16-2012, 04:47 AM
I wish to thank the participants of this thread for reminding of that nauseating play which I had until now mercifully purged from my memory. Bastards!>:'(>:'(

Hilarious! No joke.

Well, I'm off to meet the DC crew! Go Broncos!!! :Broncos:

Raidersbane
12-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Hey, the sun's coming out! Jeez I hope the rain holds off.

Bmore Manning
12-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Club Seats!!!!

BroncoBuff
12-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Almost 40 years a Broncos fan, and no opponent+location comes close to the every-single-time pessimism, the "abandon-hope-all-ye-who-enter-here" certainty we will lose than the Ravens. Not only that we will lose, but that there will be a quirk play, a jighl;ight to commwe will lose time, ever

Bmore Manning
12-16-2012, 03:45 PM
It was nice to win and get high fives as we left the stadium.. One guy saw me made an approach and padded his chest, we proceeded to do a jumping chest bump!

Was that any of you guys?

WolfpackGuy
12-16-2012, 04:19 PM
It was bizarre.

Just about every Ratbirds fan was conceding defeat before the game began, and I hardly heard any crap from them.

Great to finally leave a game there coming out on top.

BroncosSR
12-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Meetup pic

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-QMp09CEAA2Q_J.jpg:large

El Guapo
12-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Meetup pic

Nice! I spy myself giving a nice wink to the camera. Had a great time besides the place being a dump. Go Broncos! :Broncos:

rovolution
12-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Meetup pic

I see me in my Champ jersey + orange beenie! Thanks for posting this!

Natedogg
12-16-2012, 10:09 PM
THAT ...was a good win.