PDA

View Full Version : Trade?

MABroncoFan
10-19-2012, 10:53 AM
See #7

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000082314/article/seahawks-49ers-must-improve-pass-attacks-nflwide-thoughts

razorwire77
10-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Also known as the "pull random thoughts out of my ass and put them in print" section of the article.

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2012, 11:51 AM
See #7

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000082314/article/seahawks-49ers-must-improve-pass-attacks-nflwide-thoughts

pure speculation but it is kinda cool that the trade deadline is extended.

Stagger Lee
10-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Also known as the "pull random thoughts out of my ass and put them in print" section of the article.

This. Lombardi is a tool anyway.

Smiling Assassin27
10-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Hell, just have Ellis walk on over to the Broncos' locker room and suit up when the Aints come to town. We can tell Mays to take the walk of shame in the other direction.

Taco John
10-19-2012, 12:32 PM
I would love to get Sedrick Ellis - there's no doubt that we could use him.

Bacchus
10-19-2012, 12:42 PM
How good would this team look with Jones Drew? He missed all of training camp returned in the doghouse and he has over 400 yards rushing with a 4.9 yard average on a team that cannot pass the ball.

NFLBRONCO
10-19-2012, 12:56 PM
A solution at MLB and DT please.

DBroncos4life
10-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Get one of their MLBs in the deal.

swaiy
10-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Giving a draft pick to a division rival? ???

dictionary
10-19-2012, 01:19 PM
This. Lombardi is a tool anyway.

I read your sentence in Gruden's voice.

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't think we need a DT like everyone thinks. I Love what Big Vick has done this year. Certainly not trade a pick for a guy who will be a FA at the end of the year and can be had for peanuts (Dorsey).

We need a MLB as everyone knows.. I'm still saying Grant from the 49ers for Mays and a late round pick.

Chris
10-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Vickerson played great in the SD game.

cutthemdown
10-19-2012, 03:05 PM
It would be exciting to see moves in season like baseball.

DT makes sense they can pick up their assignments quicker then a dback or linebacker IMO. After that a RB could probably catch on pretty fast.

socalorado
10-19-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't think we need a DT like everyone thinks. I Love what Big Vick has done this year. Certainly not trade a pick for a guy who will be a FA at the end of the year and can be had for peanuts (Dorsey).

We need a MLB as everyone knows.. I'm still saying Grant from the 49ers for Mays and a late round pick.

Grants not a world beater either. He gets waay too much accolades for playing on a powerful defense.
Ellis would be money simply because he has shown that he can preform at a high level. DTs are so freakin hard to come by especially in the draft or FA, so getting one that Del Rio knows is good and can use his way, would be $$$$.
As for MLB, there isnt one worth trading for.
DEN should wait till next year, trade up in the draft, and get Te'o period.
And to get him, DEN will more than likely need to move up into the top 10.

manchambo
10-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Hell, just have Ellis walk on over to the Broncos' locker room and suit up when the Aints come to town. We can tell Mays to take the walk of shame in the other direction.

I have Saddam Hussein in my avatar and I think yours is disgusting.

broncosteven
10-19-2012, 04:01 PM
I would rather have a MLB but Brooking is already better than Mays.

The thing I love about Fox is that he is not afraid to sit players who are not cutting it, i.e. KM, Mays, Ayers.

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2012, 04:28 PM

What is his avy showing anyway? I can't and maybe don't want to figure it out.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-19-2012, 04:30 PM
What is his avy showing anyway? I can't and maybe don't want to figure it out.

my guess is its one of the victims of the libyan attacks. Considering the caption.

Doggcow
10-19-2012, 04:36 PM
I wanted Sedrick Ellis SO HARD out of college. He's solid. He would give the interior of our D some teeth.

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Grants not a world beater either. He gets waay too much accolades for playing on a powerful defense.
Ellis would be money simply because he has shown that he can preform at a high level. DTs are so freakin hard to come by especially in the draft or FA, so getting one that Del Rio knows is good and can use his way, would be $$$$.
As for MLB, there isnt one worth trading for.
DEN should wait till next year, trade up in the draft, and get Te'o period.
And to get him, DEN will more than likely need to move up into the top 10.

You need to watch more games/you tube film, Grant's problem is who he plays behind. Ellis makes $5 mil a year, thanks but no thanks. I mentioned Te'o when I first joined this forum, and most had no idea who he was, do your not lighting the world on fire with anything your saying bud.

dictionary
10-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah, as awesome as it would be to get Te'o--it is not going to happen with such a late 1st Round draft pick that we are going to get after this year.

DBroncos4life
10-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Vilma will be cleared soon. We need to get Lofton. No matter the cost!

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Vilma will be cleared soon. We need to get Lofton. No matter the cost!

It's not going to happen, Vilma is gonna play Will with Hawthorne out. Lofton is entrenched at Mike. Hawthorne and or Vilma could be options though..

theAPAOps5
10-19-2012, 07:40 PM
There is a reason that Lombardi is still with NFL network and desperately wants to be a GM again........ he sucks.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-19-2012, 07:58 PM

Not sure if it is bannable but if not, Taco should institute a new rule immediately and then ban. Sick

TerrElway
10-19-2012, 08:10 PM
The dead US Ambassador in the avatar.

There was a nice MLB in the draft name of Bobby Wagner whom Denver could have had. He's in the running for DROY and starts for Seattle.

But it's ok, we took a giant QB instead because there is no plan B.

gunns
10-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Hell to the no****ingway on Dorsey. Ellis I wouldn't mind but I'd like MLB even more.

DBroncos4life
10-19-2012, 08:27 PM
The dead US Ambassador in the avatar.

There was a nice MLB in the draft name of Bobby Wagner whom Denver could have had. He's in the running for DROY and starts for Seattle.

But it's ok, we took a giant QB instead because there is no plan B.

Any other after the fact guys you like?

DBroncos4life
10-19-2012, 08:29 PM
It's not going to happen, Vilma is gonna play Will with Hawthorne out. Lofton is entrenched at Mike. Hawthorne and or Vilma could be options though..

Vilma is the leader he isn't going anywhere.

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Vilma is the leader he isn't going anywhere.

They have all but given up on Vilma and his bum knees. He will be playing Will so Hawthorne could be an option as could Vilma.

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2012, 08:59 PM
They have all but given up on Vilma and his bum knees. He will be playing Will so Hawthorne could be an option as could Vilma.

I highly doubt they signed Hawthorne this year to trade him this year. He was the guy I wanted Denver to get bad instead we got Mays.

DBroncos4life
10-19-2012, 09:03 PM

Hawthorne maybe, Vilma is way to big of a vocal leader for them.

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Hawthorne maybe, Vilma is way to big of a vocal leader for them.

Wish we had that vocal leader..

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 09:09 PM
I highly doubt they signed Hawthorne this year to trade him this year. He was the guy I wanted Denver to get bad instead we got Mays.

When I first joined I said his name, and I sure didn't get a ringing endorsement from you or anyone else..but maybe you did really like him, it's interesting that you liked him yet think Grant is "overrated." Hawthorne signed a cheap 5 year deal, so they probably like his flexibility and value to just trade him, I agree with you there.

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2012, 09:16 PM
When I first joined I said his name, and I sure didn't get a ringing endorsement from you or anyone else..but maybe you did really like him, it's interesting that you liked him yet think Grant is "overrated." Hawthorne signed a cheap 5 year deal, so they probably like his flexibility and value to just trade him, I agree with you there.

Your making stuff up. I want you to show me where I said Grant is overrated wait a minute I want you to show me a post I said where I even mentioned his name?

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Your making stuff up. I want you to show me where I said Grant is overrated wait a minute I want you to show me a post I said where I even mentioned his name?

I'm sorry that was the other guy with a picture SoCalorado I think? I'm sorry that's my bad, I just saw a picture and assumed.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104487
There's one and nobody even responded.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104491
You got involved in this one..

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry that was the other guy with a picture SoCalorado I think? I'm sorry that's my bad, I just saw a picture and assumed.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104487
There's one and nobody even responded.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104491
You got involved in this one..

I can't believe we signed mays instead of going after this guy.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7771620/2012-nfl-free-agency-david-hawthorne-new-orleans-saints-agree-five-year-deal

Posted in the around the nfl thread.

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Now that I learned that tool, I can't help but post all the calls I made months ago and took **** for..

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106323&highlight=Manti+Te%27o&page=2

I think he is much better in coverage than he is given credit for. He is better in coverage than Mays. If they don't take a MLB and Irving and Mays struggle, that beast Manti Teo should be available next year.

That was back in April when I advocated Hightower being better than Mays, and brought Te'o up, most didn't know him then..

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Posted in the around the nfl thread.

What do you think about Larry Grant?

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Now that I learned that tool, I can't help but post all the calls I made months ago and took **** for..

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106323&highlight=Manti+Te%27o&page=2

That was back in April when I advocated Hightower being better than Mays, and brought Te'o up, most didn't know him then..

I'll admit I didn't know Te'o til this year. He is out of our league anyway.

Bmore Manning
10-19-2012, 09:53 PM
I'll admit I didn't know Te'o til this year. He is out of our league anyway.

He will be a dominate LB for a LONG time. I would move for him no matter the price. Atlanta moved up for Julio, how good does that look now? I think the D needs a MLB to take the next step. I see nobody in the draft with the immediate capability of Te'o.

lonestar
10-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Giving a draft pick to a division rival? ???

they have had a gazillion chances to up grade via the draft.. in fact have loads of talent on the team their FO and coaching staff is what kills them..

I f can get a bonafide player of starter material and it only costs one draft pick go for it.. since the draft has been a crap shoot for decades and frankly I doubt we will be in a top ten spot to start with.. Not many instant starters after then..

Maybe we can package numb nuts along and get two players.. He should be available to play come week 11..

pricejj
10-19-2012, 10:07 PM
He will be a dominate LB for a LONG time. I would move for him no matter the price. Atlanta moved up for Julio, how good does that look now? I think the D needs a MLB to take the next step. I see nobody in the draft with the immediate capability of Te'o.

I was hoping Te'o would come out for last year's draft, but he didn't. He's ut of our league now, I'm afraid. Looks like the Broncos are going to have to settle for a lesser LB at the end of the 1st round..

Hamrob
10-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Amazing.

What were the two biggest positions of need other than QB this past offseason?

DT & MLB

What are our biggest needs today? Major fail by the front office!!!

I don't see us getting anyone at this point who will help us this year. Sure, the Chiefs will trade a guy in the division that would help our team??? Please!!

Hamrob
10-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I just took a look at McShay's top 32 draft picks for 2013. He has 8 DT's in that group and 2 ILB's. I would try to get my ILB in round 1 and then the best DT available in round 2. That would go a long ways to helping this team.

The 2nd ILB is Alec Ogletree of GA. He's 6'3" 237lbs and fast. I think he has some injury issues though. I would try to find a way to get Teo. I think he will fall to the 20's myself. ILB's just don't go top 10 and with a lot of success and I don't think his 40 time will be too impressive. He should be our #1 target. If not available then we should take BPA, and get our DT in round 2.

Bacchus
10-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Amazing.

What were the two biggest positions of need other than QB this past offseason?

DT & MLB

What are our biggest needs today? Major fail by the front office!!!

I don't see us getting anyone at this point who will help us this year. Sure, the Chiefs will trade a guy in the division that would help our team??? Please!!

The FO was thinking that the secondary was the weak link last year because teams were killing Denver. So they got porter and Adams. They also drafted a DT in the second rounds and he ios playing almost every snap. Actually with the good play of Vickerson and Banan I do not think DT is a liability. Denver picked up two LBers last year, Johnson and Trevathon(sp) I'm sure they will make LBer a priority in the offseason this year. You need to sit back and relax unless you are just trolling the board. Then have at it.

ZONA
10-20-2012, 04:28 PM
We already have a MLB coming here, just a few more games and he's already familiar with what we are doing. It will make a bigger difference then alot of you think it will.

But I agree, we need to draft LB and DT again next years draft.

Hamrob
10-20-2012, 05:22 PM
The FO was thinking that the secondary was the weak link last year because teams were killing Denver. So they got porter and Adams. They also drafted a DT in the second rounds and he ios playing almost every snap. Actually with the good play of Vickerson and Banan I do not think DT is a liability. Denver picked up two LBers last year, Johnson and Trevathon(sp) I'm sure they will make LBer a priority in the offseason this year. You need to sit back and relax unless you are just trolling the board. Then have at it.Obviously, you're the troll!

We have needed a true run stopping DT or 2 for a decade...and have not got it done. Wolfe was a great draft pick. I think he may even have star potential...but, his true value is in rushing the passer...and really should be a starting DE for us. If you don't see that, understand that...then maybe sit back and learn something before you flap your suck!

Vickerson has potential and seems to be coming on lately...let's cross our fingers. If you think Bannan should be starting in the NFL, let alone for our Broncos...you my friend...are an idiot!

Hamrob
10-20-2012, 05:24 PM
We already have a MLB coming here, just a few more games and he's already familiar with what we are doing. It will make a bigger difference then alot of you think it will.

But I agree, we need to draft LB and DT again next years draft.Who are you talking about? Irving? If he's really the guy...why haven't we given him a shot...when we have guys like Mays, Brookings, and Johnson??

DBroncos4life
10-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Obviously, you're the troll!

We have needed a true run stopping DT or 2 for a decade...and have not got it done. Wolfe was a great draft pick. I think he may even have star potential...but, his true value is in rushing the passer...and really should be a starting DE for us. If you don't see that, understand that...then maybe sit back and learn something before you flap your suck!

Vickerson has potential and seems to be coming on lately...let's cross our fingers. If you think Bannan should be starting in the NFL, let alone for our Broncos...you my friend...are an idiot!

Youre the only troll in this thread.

lonestar
10-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Who are you talking about? Irving? If he's really the guy...why haven't we given him a shot...when we have guys like Mays, Brookings, and Johnson??

It is his heart throb Dumb Ass Williams..

and the ass clown does not have a clue on what the scheme is until last week he could not have ANY contact with the team. he can not practice with them until week 11 and hell I doubt he has even read the playbook on the plays..

For that matter most likely will not be in game shape until week 13 or more..

DENVERDUI55
10-20-2012, 06:30 PM
What do you think about Larry Grant?

Never seen him play outside of the preseason game. I'll bet no matter what he is an upgrade from Mays.

CEH
10-20-2012, 06:30 PM
For all the draft historians

When was the last time a team traded up in the first for a MLBer? My guess is never. Even Patrick Willis wasn't traded up for

lonestar
10-20-2012, 07:11 PM
For all the draft historians

When was the last time a team traded up in the first for a MLBer? My guess is never. Even Patrick Willis wasn't traded up for

here are the legit MLBs drafted in the first.. the last fifteen years worth..

8 Oakland Raiders Rolando McClain MLB Alabama
10 New England Patriots Jerod Mayo ILB Tennessee
11 San Francisco 49ers Patrick Willis ILB Mississippi
25 Carolina Panthers Jon Beason MLB Miami (Fla.)
12 New York Jets Jonathan Vilma MLB Miami (Fla.)
23 Oakland Raiders Napoleon Harris MLB Northwestern
9 Chicago Bears Brian Urlacher MLB New Mexico
28 New England Patriots Andy Katzenmoyer MLB Ohio State
31 Denver Broncos Al Wilson MLB Tennessee
13 Cincinnati Bengals Takeo Spikes ILB Auburn

Gives me an indication moving up in the first is DUMB.. average on that list was 17..

and you can probably count on one hand the number of Mikes that were worth a crap..

Bacchus
10-20-2012, 09:24 PM
It is his heart throb Dumb Ass Williams..

and the ass clown does not have a clue on what the scheme is until last week he could not have ANY contact with the team. he can not practice with them until week 11 and hell I doubt he has even read the playbook on the plays..

For that matter most likely will not be in game shape until week 13 or more..

Nice name calling

lonestar
10-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Nice name calling

Just calling a spade and spade. Anyone that has his record deserves to be called a moron.
Two DUI's, at least one failed drug test, ans his latest fiasco of showing the plays from his play book.
Is not the sharpest TOOL in the shed.

If I were a teammate those are terms of endearment, compared to what I would call him.